Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Day 4- BLUE vs. RED

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:
Marmot wrote:But I do give you three players who have not been around today.

DrWilgy: Hasn't posted since the start of Night 3.
MacDougall: Hasn't posted since the beginning of Day 4.
TheFloyd73: Hasn't posted since Day 3.
Video games homie
Why didn't you tell your teammate that he's got votes?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 150

Post by DrWilgy »

What do you mean?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 102

Post by MacDougall »

I did post at the start of day 4 and I have been at work, playing Madden and then asleep.

Also let's just lynch Floyd.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Day 1- BLUE vs. RED

Post by Long Con »

Quin wrote:
notsawyer540 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I'm a redhead- I have no soul :cloud9:
Me too!

I don't really find Quin suspicious. But then again this is only my second game on this site and there are only a couple people I know well enough to make judgments on. Getting a civ read on LC. Not really sure if going after low posters is a good idea here, but I don't really have any better ideas yet, so it may come to that for me.

I'm a civ and I support Hillary Clinton.

Other than that, it usually takes me a few cycles to start putting things together. If Ron Swanson were in this game, I'd say he's guilty as shit for three days before realizing it was Donna right before I'm killed! :haha:

Anyway I'm gonna get back to watching TV and nursing this hangover. I'll check back in periodically.
Discrediting your own opinion on an argument while still making a point of giving it never looks good to me.
On my original read, I was comparing his and S~V~S' posts, and I thought Quin was making more sense than her, in comparison. Now when I look at it, I see Quin's accusation of notsawyer as a stretch. Reading notsawyer's post that Quin is criticizing, I just don't see it that way. I feel more like Quin needed an angle on someone, and put this one together to have something.
Quin wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Quin, I feel like you are not taking my efforts to lynch you seriously.
I'm not.
Not much to say here, don't know if Civ Quin or baddie Quin is more likely to dismiss and avoid.

... and this is as far as I have gotten on the Quin ISO. Going to work now.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 109

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:
notsawyer540 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I'm a redhead- I have no soul :cloud9:
Me too!

I don't really find Quin suspicious. But then again this is only my second game on this site and there are only a couple people I know well enough to make judgments on. Getting a civ read on LC. Not really sure if going after low posters is a good idea here, but I don't really have any better ideas yet, so it may come to that for me.

I'm a civ and I support Hillary Clinton.

Other than that, it usually takes me a few cycles to start putting things together. If Ron Swanson were in this game, I'd say he's guilty as shit for three days before realizing it was Donna right before I'm killed! :haha:

Anyway I'm gonna get back to watching TV and nursing this hangover. I'll check back in periodically.
Discrediting your own opinion on an argument while still making a point of giving it never looks good to me.
On my original read, I was comparing his and S~V~S' posts, and I thought Quin was making more sense than her, in comparison. Now when I look at it, I see Quin's accusation of notsawyer as a stretch. Reading notsawyer's post that Quin is criticizing, I just don't see it that way. I feel more like Quin needed an angle on someone, and put this one together to have something.
Quin wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Quin, I feel like you are not taking my efforts to lynch you seriously.
I'm not.
Not much to say here, don't know if Civ Quin or baddie Quin is more likely to dismiss and avoid.

... and this is as far as I have gotten on the Quin ISO. Going to work now.
My accusation of sawyer is the exact same as the accusation I made about Fredwood in just the last game, and he was bad. Why is it a stretch? It's a tried and tested baddie tell.

And, both. This is civilian Quin though. I'd be unanimously town-read if I was bad.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 179

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:Llama, you used a curious word in describing notsawyer: "Equivocating." How does this adjective apply to notsawyer? "Resolute" or "stubborn" is the word I would have used.
I'll have to dig up my original post where I accused him of that when I'm feeling less sick/tired than I am now, but briefly he spent part of Day0/1 saying things like "On the one hand... on the other hand... but I'm not sure... or it COULD be..." which I regard as a baddie tell. Baddies tend to be noncommittal (moreso than civvies) because committing to a viewpoint leaves you vulnerable when you are proven wrong (as baddies must eventually be). Granted he's being a lot less noncommittal in his case on you, biut only after I called him out.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Also let's just lynch Floyd.
Or someone could replace him if he's too inactive :grin:

Is that the reason? I haven't been paying attention
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DrWilgy wrote:What do you mean?
lol
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Quin wrote: And, both. This is civilian Quin though. I'd be unanimously town-read if I was bad.
Oh wait a minute! Just when I was about ready to plant Quin firmly in my Civ column, he lets loose with this howler.

"I'm playing exactly like a civvie. Nothing I'm doing indicates in the slightest that I am bad." The universal emotions of a frustrated baddie who feels he's played a great game but is losing anyway (I've been there many times.)

I really, really distrust this post.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

thellama73 wrote:
Quin wrote: And, both. This is civilian Quin though. I'd be unanimously town-read if I was bad.
Oh wait a minute! Just when I was about ready to plant Quin firmly in my Civ column, he lets loose with this howler.

"I'm playing exactly like a civvie. Nothing I'm doing indicates in the slightest that I am bad." The universal emotions of a frustrated baddie who feels he's played a great game but is losing anyway (I've been there many times.)

It's amazing how much you can take out of a post which says literally none of that :clap:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Quin wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

It's amazing how much you can take out of a post which says literally none of that :clap:
It says all of that and more, Mr. Subtext. Clap while you can.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

thellama73 wrote:
Quin wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

It says all of that and more, Mr. Subtext. Clap while you can.
I recall Long Con be the only one who wasn't also on the chopping block to express any degree of suspicion towards me. Would you not agree that it's unlikely that I'd be a 'frustrated baddie' at this point?
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Quin wrote: I recall Long Con be the only one who wasn't also on the chopping block to express any degree of suspicion towards me. Would you not agree that it's unlikely that I'd be a 'frustrated baddie' at this point?
No I don't agree with that at all. I see lots of reasons for you to be frustrated.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

thellama73 wrote:
Quin wrote: I recall Long Con be the only one who wasn't also on the chopping block to express any degree of suspicion towards me. Would you not agree that it's unlikely that I'd be a 'frustrated baddie' at this point?
No I don't agree with that at all. I see lots of reasons for you to be frustrated.
Please do.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

list them*.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Quin wrote:list them*.
You know what they are.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

thellama73 wrote:
You know what they are.
No, I don't.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Quin wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
You know what they are.
No, I don't.
Yooooouuuuuuuuu knoooooooowwwwww

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

:kadaj:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I have to give this one to Quin. :srsnod:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 329

Post by Epignosis »

Why is Floyd bad?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Long Con wrote:3. Where you stand on Floyd and why.
I stand on Floyd in the gutter, because that's where I assume he is lying, dead drunk or just plain dead. Does he get some sort of points for just signing up for Mafia games? I don't get this guy.
Ow, that hurts.
notsawyer540 wrote:One question I would like answered is: Have I really been forcing evidence to fit my conclusions, or has Epi's Fox-News-style misrepresentation of facts and events fooled too many of you?
That's Epi's just being Epi. I find it hard to read him as civ or scum, but that's his style of play. To be honest, you also implement forced "false news" as well.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

TheFloyd73 wrote:
notsawyer540 wrote:One question I would like answered is: Have I really been forcing evidence to fit my conclusions, or has Epi's Fox-News-style misrepresentation of facts and events fooled too many of you?
That's Epi's just being Epi. I find it hard to read him as civ or scum, but that's his style of play. To be honest, you also implement forced "false news" as well.
Zing!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TheFloyd73 wrote:
I stand on Floyd in the gutter, because that's where I assume he is lying, dead drunk or just plain dead. Does he get some sort of points for just signing up for Mafia games? I don't get this guy.
Ow, that hurts.
Hmm... that did come across as pretty harsh. Sorry dude. Funny fail.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Ow, that hurts.
Hmm... that did come across as pretty harsh. Sorry dude. Funny fail.
You can have my vote.

It's worth jack-shit today anyway.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

notsawyer now has five votes. If anyone has motive to lynch him, it's me.

I am not worried about defending him in this way and he comes up bad anyway. I think I've demonstrated I'm not bad and his actions against me show we're not on a team on top of that.

I want to know why he's guilty for gunning so hard for me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm about to pull my hair out.

Stop lynching people for doing things that are weird, inconsistent, unhelpful, or that you just don't like.

Tell me what they have to gain by doing what they do IF THEY ARE MAFIA.

If you are voting notsawyer, explain to me why he did what he did as mafia.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:notsawyer now has five votes. If anyone has motive to lynch him, it's me.

I am not worried about defending him in this way and he comes up bad anyway. I think I've demonstrated I'm not bad and his actions against me show we're not on a team on top of that.

Why are you crediting your vote for no particular reason?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't understand your question.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

notsawyer literally has five votes:

notsawyer540
Quin (3), thellama73 (4), DFaraday (7), TheFloyd73 (10), DrWilgy (12)
33%
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And right now my vote is worth chickenshit anyway.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con
thellama73
MacDougall
Epignosis
notsawyer540
Dfaraday
TheFloyd73
Marmot
DrWilgy
Quin

This is a basic rainbow that I hastily constructed. I don't even know if it's exactly how I feel.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:Long Con
thellama73
MacDougall
Epignosis
notsawyer540
Dfaraday
TheFloyd73
Marmot
DrWilgy
Quin

This is a basic rainbow that I hastily constructed. I don't even know if it's exactly how I feel.
You called notsawyer a civilian earlier this afternoon. Why is he lower than MacDougall?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I was thinking about Macdougall's good Day 1 performance.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:I was thinking about Macdougall's good Day 1 performance.
Can you explain what was good about it? He just seemed to rattle shit off.
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Night 1- BLUE vs. RED

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote:Let's talk more about how I tone read a Mafia player on day 1 again.
You know, this whole thing.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:Long Con
thellama73
MacDougall
Epignosis
notsawyer540
Dfaraday
TheFloyd73
Marmot
DrWilgy
Quin

Ok. The hell m8?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Marmot wrote:
Epignosis wrote:notsawyer now has five votes. If anyone has motive to lynch him, it's me.

Why should you have motive to lynch him, and no one else?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I don't like Long Con's rainbow for various reasons.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Marmot wrote:
Marmot wrote:

Why should you have motive to lynch him, and no one else?
He wants me dead, that's why. Does he want anybody else dead?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote:I'm about to pull my hair out.

Stop lynching people for doing things that are weird, inconsistent, unhelpful, or that you just don't like.

Tell me what they have to gain by doing what they do IF THEY ARE MAFIA.

If you are voting notsawyer, explain to me why he did what he did as mafia.
I saw his ruling of "my logic is the right logic because it's logical" as a means to not backtrack and that's what makes him bad in my head.

It is silly that he has 5 votes already however. So let's toss some votes elsewhere and see what happens.

I'm not sold on you being civ. This also applies to DF.

Let's lynch LC.
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

My suspect pool in every game would be large enough to swim laps in if I played by that logic.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Why LC?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Marmot wrote:My suspect pool in every game would be large enough to swim laps in if I played by that logic.
He's not in my "suspect pool." That wasn't the question you asked me.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Actually I'm not even sure if it was a prevention of backtracking, but more so a bad argument that pinged me... :shrug:

Linki - Idk I need to review him
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:He wants me dead, that's why. Does he want anybody else dead?
What do you think about the second part of this question?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Marmot wrote:
He isn't going for anybody else.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Marmot wrote:
It appears as if he has just one suspect, that's my point.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Marmot wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Marmot wrote:
It appears as if he has just one suspect, that's my point.
You've lost me. He has one suspect. Nobody is disputing that.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote:
Marmot wrote:
He konda went in on me abit.
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Heists”