Currents Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

What was your favourite aspect of the game?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:02 pm

The storyline
No votes
The host
29%
The theme
No votes
The minimal amount of roles
14%
The participating players
29%
The game's progression
14%
Nothing, I absolutely hated it
14%

Total votes: 7
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Currents Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:I'm spending so much time defending myself.
Pardon my crudeness, but fuck all that. Reads right now are more useful than defense.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 104

Post by speedchuck »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
speedchuck wrote:Right now, I've got a POE going on.

DO NOT LYNCH:
Dyslexicon
Marmot
Epignosis
JaggedJimmyJay
Long Con
speedchuck
Wilgy
MovingPictures07

NOT GONNA COMPLAIN:
FZ
nutella

MAYBE LYNCH:
Luke11646
insertnamehere
Elohcin

That's not to say that my not lynch people are all town, but in terms of who I want to lynch right now, this is my happy list. It's not very unique, but it's a start. I've got a few more thoughts that I think you'll get while catching up, but a current POE list never hurts.
speedchuck, I take beef with this list. Your MAYBE LYNCH includes the three players who are least involved in this game. That's easyville, and easy for a baddie to take no heat for.
Fair point.
On D1, I tend to separate players based on whether I have any reason whatsoever to read them as town.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Pardon my crudeness, but fuck all that. Reads right now are more useful than defense.
:srsnod:
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 52

Post by FZ. »

I gave my reads on MP, Nutella and also INH. I feel like I wasted too much time defending myself which is why I hate when that happens. It's a circle thing where you're poked for not giving names, when all you do all the time is defend yourself. Yet, I feel I still talked about suspicions. I'm sorry you don't like them. That doesn't make me bad. It either makes me wrong, or it makes me smarter than the rest.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
FZ. wrote:Maybe you're being genuine, I don't know. I like the fact that you're at least considering things, but look at Speedchuck's list:
MP
Epi
Marmot
Long Con
JaggedJim
myJay
insertnamehere
Dyslexicon
Luke11646
nutella
FZ
DrWilgy
Eloh

The middle group was in blue. While you were suspicious of me at that time, you didn't say anything about Wilgy or Eloh. I thought that in mafia, we're trying to find the baddies, not the civvies, and if you were interested in his motives, why not inquire about the suspects and not the civvie? Why was it so important for you to understand why he thought someone, who was not even discussed much at that point, was a civ? I can't really understand this.

And by the way, I am more careful when it comes to talking about information. Remember that game you hosted (that I shall not name), where Epi and LC were doing everything they could to lynch me, and I wouldn't say anything of importance until I really lost it? That's how I play. The thing I don't hide, is my thoughts at any relevant point. I realise that it may make me look bad when I say someone might be suspicious, but then again not, at the same time, but I don't really care. I have nothing to hide.

What do you think of Nutella's post where she gives her reasoning for voting me? Please refer to its timing as well.
FZ., I really want to trust you, but this response further concerns me, most notably the orange stuff. Here's why:

You seem way more concerned in criticizing the way I went about something and justifying your inquiry of me for that reason, rather than trying to figure out if my manner of playing (even if it may be different than the way you would expect yourself to play in that situation) is indicative of whether or not I'm being genuine.

You preface your response with "Maybe you're being genuine", but then proceed to pretty much chastise my methods of hunting for townies rather than mafia. That is suspicious at face value; it displays a perspective that you're more interested in justifying a baddie read of me than in trying to solve me and understand where I'm coming from.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm feeling inspired. I want to lynch FZ. I'm not letting the fear of mislynching her stand in the way. That response of hers really bothers me.
I was feeling inspired by this, but I'm now feeling a bit of regret. Surely, if FZ was bad, they would have retracted this stubborn view of MP's question.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote:I gave my reads on MP, Nutella and also INH. I feel like I wasted too much time defending myself which is why I hate when that happens. It's a circle thing where you're poked for not giving names, when all you do all the time is defend yourself. Yet, I feel I still talked about suspicions. I'm sorry you don't like them. That doesn't make me bad. It either makes me wrong, or it makes me smarter than the rest.
You have no opinion whatsoever on anyone else in the game?

How is it you're reading nutella as bad when you compared the treatment of yourself to the treatment of her earlier? I don't understand that.

And INH? You mean the guy that isn't even here? :suspish:
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 243

Post by Dyslexicon »

FZ. wrote:I gave my reads on MP, Nutella and also INH. I feel like I wasted too much time defending myself which is why I hate when that happens. It's a circle thing where you're poked for not giving names, when all you do all the time is defend yourself. Yet, I feel I still talked about suspicions. I'm sorry you don't like them. That doesn't make me bad. It either makes me wrong, or it makes me smarter than the rest.
Do you have any town reads?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I refuse to vote for Elo, INH, or Luke, especially when two legitimate suspects (FZ. and nutella) are floating around.

With that said, Elo and INH especially need to get their shit together and get in here and make some reads.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ., you and I both know the last thing I want to do is lead another mislynch on you, but I can't let that fear hold me back from legitimate beefs I've developed. I hope you understand that. Just please throw some other stuff out there regarding other players. I don't think any defense will inspire me currently, but if you can display a genuine perspective of someone else in the game, you just might. I'm listening.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
To be fair, I think FZ. is accustomed to instances where civilians don't win if they're dead. If that's a true reflection of her subconscious thinking right now, I'd say that is a civilian indicator.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I refuse to vote for Elo, INH, or Luke, especially when two legitimate suspects (FZ. and nutella) are floating around.

With that said, Elo and INH especially need to get their shit together and get in here and make some reads.
Yus, their shit. It's not together.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dizzy is my favorite player this game.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'll give FZ. a second here and move my vote to nutella, to express that recent posts she's made have bugged me, and that she could die today instead. Inspire me, nutella.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

How is it you're reading nutella as bad when you compared the treatment of yourself to the treatment of her earlier? I don't understand that.

Do you actually read my posts? Or are you too vain and sure of yourself that you just fit everything to you wrong (or evil) theory? You want to lynch me, lynch me, just don't say false things when you haven't read what I write. You'll be viewed differently after I'm lynched. Pretty sure twisting my words will come bite you in the ass when I'm gone. I explained what I felt about Nutella now. I explained to JJJ why I said what I said about INH, and also commented on the fact he isn't here now.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The Syndicate has become a hub for EOD chaos. :mafia:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
To be fair, I think FZ. is accustomed to instances where civilians don't win if they're dead. If that's a true reflection of her subconscious thinking right now, I'd say that is a civilian indicator.
This is worth considering.

What do you think, Skeletor? Top 3 mafia reads? Anything else on your mind?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

speedchuck wrote:Dizzy is my favorite player this game.
Oh my god, I'm literally squeaking. I love all of you! <3 Even though my shit is never quite together. :omg:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:Do you actually read my posts? Or are you too vain and sure of yourself that you just fit everything to you wrong (or evil) theory? You want to lynch me, lynch me, just don't say false things when you haven't read what I write. You'll be viewed differently after I'm lynched. Pretty sure twisting my words will come bite you in the ass when I'm gone. I explained what I felt about Nutella now. I explained to JJJ why I said what I said about INH, and also commented on the fact he isn't here now.
So, to be quite clear: you suspect MP is opportunistic in this moment and is not genuine in his suspicion of you? Yes or no.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Civ reads:

Epi
Wilgy
Chuck

Oh, did I forget to mention that LC is not up my trusted list either. Sorry if I'm suspicious of almost everyone who is suspicious of me. But he was "pinged" by my one post, and ever since is letting everyone else do the fighting while he is sitting back and not really saying anything.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I think I like MP this EoD, dare I say it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Do you actually read my posts? Or are you too vain and sure of yourself that you just fit everything to you wrong (or evil) theory? You want to lynch me, lynch me, just don't say false things when you haven't read what I write. You'll be viewed differently after I'm lynched. Pretty sure twisting my words will come bite you in the ass when I'm gone. I explained what I felt about Nutella now. I explained to JJJ why I said what I said about INH, and also commented on the fact he isn't here now.
I don't know why insults have to come into this. It's mafia, not personal.

Do you actually think I'm bad or not? That isn't even clear. You keep changing your mind.

I don't want to lynch you regardless; I only do if I think you're bad. And I've stated clear reasons I believe you are bad.

Why won't you answer what your thoughts are on anyone else?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Didn't catch linki there, thanks for the town reads, FZ. Can you give a brief explanation of the why's behind those?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I skimmed the front page and I didn't see a note regarding ties, so I think we'd best avoid one.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

FZ. wrote:Civ reads:

Epi
Wilgy
Chuck

Oh, did I forget to mention that LC is not up my trusted list either. Sorry if I'm suspicious of almost everyone who is suspicious of me. But he was "pinged" by my one post, and ever since is letting everyone else do the fighting while he is sitting back and not really saying anything.
Why Wilgy as town?
I don't think I really see clear town for any of these, but am interested to hear your explanation.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:I think I like MP this EoD, dare I say it.
The feeling is mutual. :beer:

:mafia:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:Civ reads:

Epi
Wilgy
Chuck

Fair point. Long Con hasn't said anything about this since first raising his concerns other than to semi-clarify his perspective in response to an MP prod.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

MP also likes MP this EOD.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I've only got the one suspect now.

I have been toying with the notion that Wilgy, who was a civilian last time and went after me, is trying to replicate that behavior and, in a reverse-psychology kind of manner, get me to believe he's good again.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:I skimmed the front page and I didn't see a note regarding ties, so I think we'd best avoid one.
Thanks for bringing this to the thread's attention; I was not aware of a lack of clarification. I agree.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:Do you actually read my posts? Or are you too vain and sure of yourself that you just fit everything to you wrong (or evil) theory? You want to lynch me, lynch me, just don't say false things when you haven't read what I write. You'll be viewed differently after I'm lynched. Pretty sure twisting my words will come bite you in the ass when I'm gone. I explained what I felt about Nutella now. I explained to JJJ why I said what I said about INH, and also commented on the fact he isn't here now.
So, to be quite clear: you suspect MP is opportunistic in this moment and is not genuine in his suspicion of you? Yes or no.
Like I said, his obsession is making me fear I was wrong about him and he might be a civ. Not willing to let my suspicion die yet, but obsessed MP is usually civvie

linki: MP, I'm sorry. I let frustration get the better of me. Shouldn't happen. :hug:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

:haha:

Yes, I'm totally in King of Fuck Mountain mode right now, and I don't care. :noble:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Yeah, also noticing LC disappearing. Still would assert him as town though. #feels ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

speedchuck wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Lol, exactly what I was thinking! :p

*buddies MP hard*
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I've only got the one suspect now.

I have been toying with the notion that Wilgy, who was a civilian last time and went after me, is trying to replicate that behavior and, in a reverse-psychology kind of manner, get me to believe he's good again.
So, to be clear: your only mafia read is nutella; despite some thoughts you made exploring FZ. earlier, you don't actively suspect her?

What inspired that notion, anything in particular?
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 58

Post by insertnamehere »

oh hi, what's up

oh look, a three way tie that I get to decide.

well gee wilikers
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Like I said, his obsession is making me fear I was wrong about him and he might be a civ. Not willing to let my suspicion die yet, but obsessed MP is usually civvie

linki: MP, I'm sorry. I let frustration get the better of me. Shouldn't happen. :hug:
It's cool, we're cool. I'm sorry too if my tone has come across as arrogant or inconsiderate. It's all just a part of the game. I've tried not to slip into King of Fuck Mountain mode as much as these days because it's led me to a mislynches and subsequent egg on my face, but sometimes I can't help myself.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:oh hi, what's up

well gee wilikers
If you could personally lynch whoever you want right now, who would it be?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con started a lynch against FZ., and my view is that if you do that, you should engage with your victim to determine if you are wrong or right and move or leave your vote accordingly.

It doesn't look to me like LC has made that effort and therefore doesn't really care if FZ. is good or bad.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

well gee wilikers
Just in time to make a timely self vote. :llama:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

well gee wilikers
:omg:

How current are you with the thread?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Why on earth is that emoji called llama? I love llamas.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:It's cool, we're cool. I'm sorry too if my tone has come across as arrogant or inconsiderate. It's all just a part of the game. I've tried not to slip into King of Fuck Mountain mode as much as these days because it's led me to a mislynches and subsequent egg on my face, but sometimes I can't help myself.
Now the newer people are going to think that nickname belongs to you. :disappoint:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:Long Con started a lynch against FZ., and my view is that if you do that, you should engage with your victim to determine if you are wrong or right and move or leave your vote accordingly.

It doesn't look to me like LC has made that effort and therefore doesn't really care if FZ. is good or bad.
I agree with this. I think LC's efforts have been cavalier, especially since he still currently gone.

CFD LC? I'll move my vote now. :srsnod:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

In fact, Long Con.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I am at work and really shouldn't even be trying to read let alone post. I can't keep up with eod and I can't participate or contribute any more though I wish I could. Hope the lynch ends up well, sorry I couldn't do much for it.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:It's cool, we're cool. I'm sorry too if my tone has come across as arrogant or inconsiderate. It's all just a part of the game. I've tried not to slip into King of Fuck Mountain mode as much as these days because it's led me to a mislynches and subsequent egg on my face, but sometimes I can't help myself.
Now the newer people are going to think that nickname belongs to you. :disappoint:
:grin:

I make no claims of that nickname; it just describes a "mode" I've had for ages perfectly. :p
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Elohcin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I refuse to vote for Elo, INH, or Luke, especially when two legitimate suspects (FZ. and nutella) are floating around.

I've been in a whirlwind over here IRL. After today's results I will catch up and try to be more active. But my sister is about to move in tomorrow until she can get back on her feet so things are going to be very much outside of normal routine.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

As much as I love CFDs, I'm not going to join this one me thinks.
Nut is the one I have the most meta on that feels the most different to me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LYNCH LONG CON! :knight2:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

CFD is the bane of my mafia existence.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”