Currents Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

What was your favourite aspect of the game?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:02 pm

The storyline
No votes
The host
29%
The theme
No votes
The minimal amount of roles
14%
The participating players
29%
The game's progression
14%
Nothing, I absolutely hated it
14%

Total votes: 7
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 128

Re: Currents Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:What do you think of speedchuck? I have a bad feeling about him, but I went through his posts and I don't see much to catch him on. Some of it is connected to FZ turning up bad, I think.
I don't have anything working in speedchuck's favor. I would lynch him.
Who would you not lynch?
Right now, 3J & FZ.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 120
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote:
Long Con wrote:What do you think of speedchuck? I have a bad feeling about him, but I went through his posts and I don't see much to catch him on. Some of it is connected to FZ turning up bad, I think.
Please explain that last sentence further, if you don't mind.

And if you want to ask me any questions, I am less sick ATM.

linki: Me neither, Dizzy.
FZ is my top suspect, and if she turns up bad, then I think you might be her teammate based on your posts involving her.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 104

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote:
speedchuck wrote:

FZ is my top suspect, and if she turns up bad, then I think you might be her teammate based on your posts involving her.
:ponder: Yeah that's fair, I think. The way you said it sounded like FZ had already turned up bad, and I got all confused. I'm sometimes pretty bad at English.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote:
Long Con wrote:
speedchuck wrote:

:ponder: Yeah that's fair, I think. The way you said it sounded like FZ had already turned up bad, and I got all confused. I'm sometimes pretty bad at English.
Me too apparently. I should have been clearer.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 243

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm going to copy MP for a while, and honestly some of this is goodwill/instinct, which may not sound convincing, but I find I do better when I don't overthink.

LC
JJJ
Speed
Wilgy
INH

Epi
Eloh
Marmot
FZ
Luke

Couldn't find a grey color. MP hacks!

The names are somewhat ordered. But the devide is more players I have reason to think is town, and players I don't really have reason to think is town.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Long Con wrote:
speedchuck wrote:

What specifically are you refering to here? I was been contemplating FZ/Marmot, but not FZ/Speed.

Which reminds me I had thoughts about anti-alignments, but my time is up now. Will be back before EoD though.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Marmot
FZ.
JaggedJimmyJay
Dyslexicon
insertnamehere
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Luke11646
Long Con
Elohcin

POE list for this lynch for me. I'm more inclined to lynch one of the lurky people for the health of the game. This is an important lynch, but if we kill off a talkative townie, tomorrow will be much worse.

I'm honestly pretty bad at reads, so if you don't like my list, deal with it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dyslexicon wrote:I'm going to copy MP for a while, and honestly some of this is goodwill/instinct, which may not sound convincing, but I find I do better when I don't overthink.

LC
JJJ
Speed
Wilgy
INH

Epi
Eloh
Marmot
FZ
Luke

Couldn't find a grey color. MP hacks!

The names are somewhat ordered. But the devide is more players I have reason to think is town, and players I don't really have reason to think is town.
I'd like to hear those reasons.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I walked home. I'm here for now until they call back about the car which could be whenever.
DrWilgy wrote:I'd like to think that the proclaiming of this observation has more when to it to be observed.

What was it's purpose given that the wagon Epi had wanted just took off?

It was a strong case and wagon in Epi's mind. It prompted him to ask who was bussing their teammate. Due to this, I see his statement as a regret other than an irony. It weakened his own case and I'm unsire why.

If it was because he regretted the wagon I can see 2 reasons,
1. He's uncomfortable leading a wagon on a civ.
2. He wants others to form ideas and not just bandwagon.

Reasons why I have trouble reading into option 2, the civ angle is because he moved back when the wagon was well stacked up. He took away his high momentum vote, put it in the same spot, just as a low momentum vote.

I don't think Epi would do that if he had a thought that players were sheeping.

The other reason why I have trouble reading into option 2 is the wondering of who is bussing. If a civ stated this, it would mean they believe in their vote. Why not be happy the person you think is bad is getting lynched?
Wilgy this looks quite convoluted to me -- you have to endure quite a workload of thought progression to arrive upon conclusions (highlighted) that I just find dubious considering the source. Do you really believe that a mafia Epignosis would have, let alone express, regret for leading the lynch of a civilian? That's the name of the game for those who are mafia aligned, and its further pronounced by a player like Epi who tends to command a number of cases and lynches. I struggle to believe that you believe in this stuff.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote:The language things are interesting though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
In what way?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Long Con wrote:
speedchuck wrote:

What specifically are you refering to here? I was been contemplating FZ/Marmot, but not FZ/Speed.

Which reminds me I had thoughts about anti-alignments, but my time is up now. Will be back before EoD though.
What has led you to contemplate FZ and Marmot as teammates?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epi, what has inspired you to drop FZ and I from your lynch pool?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The poll ends at an uncomfortable time for me, as I will be testing a grad student and fulfilling other obligations. I will likely not be as active at the end of the Day as I was Day 1.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck and Dizzy, it'd be ideal if both of you could expand on your POE lists, particularly those you've eliminated from contention.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

For the moment my preferred lynch is among this group:

Wilgy
FZ
Elohcin
INH

I have active suspicion of the first two and no truly moving reason to view the latter two as civilians.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Epi, what has inspired you to drop FZ and I from your lynch pool?
I regard her posts as the Day 1 was coming to a close to be genuine in their frustration and intensity, notably these:
FZ. wrote:I'm going to start by saying that I hate games that start with me having to defend myself. It never ends well. Either I get lynched, or I spend the entire game trying to tell people that they are wrong, and everything I say just fits into their misconception of me being bad, and whether I succeed or not, I don't have much fun. Therefore, I'm going to do my best to defend myself, but I'm not going to go nuts when people decide to attack and tell me I'm No Uing, and silly stuff like that. This is how I play.
So:

A. MP, in general, this is day 1. Yes, more has happened than usual first days here, but still, it's not like I have evidence of someone actually being bad. I talk about what I read and pops to mind as I read it, and if someone pressures me for a read, I'll state what I see. What I saw (and forgive me for not fully reading your long strategy post), was you suggesting, or at least I assumed you were, that we play the cop card smartly, and a few fake claim. Thus, the baddies can't catch the real cop. Am I wrong about that?

Then, you give about 3-4 names in green, and the rest in grey. So far, so good. I can see you doing it both as a civ and as a baddie. Then, when someone else gives a coloured list, you don't ask about their suspects, but rather why that person trusts Marmot. How can you not see why this looks suspicious? It felt to me like someone trying to fish for reasons for trusting people. And the fact that you were first to give your list (no matter that it wasn't a coloured one, got me even more worried. It's like you were drawing out people to make such a list so you can use it.

Given all that, the fact that you joined the vote on me made me doubt your civviness.
I appreciate you trying to get to the bottom of things, and if you are a civvie, then yes, we should clear things fast, but please explain to me how your actions are from a civvie point of view.

Damn, I need to go. Plenty more to say. I hope to be back later before you all lynch me. :srsnod:
I have experience that the underlined is true:
FZ. wrote: And by the way, I am more careful when it comes to talking about information. Remember that game you hosted (that I shall not name), where Epi and LC were doing everything they could to lynch me, and I wouldn't say anything of importance until I really lost it? That's how I play. The thing I don't hide, is my thoughts at any relevant point. I realise that it may make me look bad when I say someone might be suspicious, but then again not, at the same time, but I don't really care. I have nothing to hide.

What do you think of Nutella's post where she gives her reasoning for voting me? Please refer to its timing as well.
I was at a point where I had mathematically deduced that FZ. was almost certainly bad. It was something like 96.2% or some absurd number. I put my foot to the pedal and didn't let up. Guess what? She was in that 3.8% margin or whatever it was. What's more, she was an important civilian role (to be clear, I was on a team of independents, but our win condition required a certain mafia member dead, so I was fighting to that end).* Does that mean I give up using mathematics when appropriate? No- but I learned a very important lesson about moderation when it comes to grilling your suspects. I think I almost made things unbearable for poor FZ. simply because I was so sure I was right. The application here is that I don't think making FZ. feel like she has to play defense the whole time is worthwhile- I'd rather let her do her thing and see if she can catch mafia. And if she doesn't, then you can feel free to reevaluate her contributions.

*That was also the same game in which I spent literally nine straight hours writing a massive eight post case categorizing and analyzing every single thing DharmaHelper had posted, whom I was also certain was bad. He was good and important too. :ninja:
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Currents Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Long Con »

So I went back and looked at why people chose not to vote FZ on Day 1, as she requested.
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:I'm spending so much time defending myself.
Pardon my crudeness, but fuck all that. Reads right now are more useful than defense.
To be fair, I think FZ. is accustomed to instances where civilians don't win if they're dead. If that's a true reflection of her subconscious thinking right now, I'd say that is a civilian indicator.
To this I say, it's only a factor if FZ is Civ. If FZ is bad, then "I'm spending all my time defending myself" shows a "survive to win" mentality as a baddie indicator in the same way. A greater way, actually, given it was Day 1 and a baddie caught on Day 1 really hasn't had much chance to craft winning schemes yet.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'll give FZ. a second here and move my vote to nutella, to express that recent posts she's made have bugged me, and that she could die today instead. Inspire me, nutella.
This doesn't inspire me to change my read on FZ. This was more about nutella, and about the fact that FZ gave dire warnings and appealed to past instances of MP mislynching her. And then hugs and tears.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If not FZ, I'd rather lynch INH than Long Con. He has questions to answer, but lynching him right now would feel like a knee-jerk.
Still liked the FZ lynch, but felt the tide shifting when CFD mode got activated.
speedchuck wrote:I'd... probably lynch nut over FZ right now. I'm gonna wait there for a minute.
One of those teammatey feels I got. And if not, well, there's still nothing here that makes me say "Oh geez, you're right, FZ is Civ!"

Then I cried when Dizzy and Speed said they love the Syndicate. :hugs:

INH pushed nutella's lynch, and called MP/FZ a "he said/she said" kind of thing.

Reading those two posts again has made me more suspicious of INH.
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:... geez, I'm still two pages behind, you guys are cray. Last thing I saw was a big FZ swing.
Wait till you get to the big LC swing. :grin:
yeah don't do that again k
FZ. wrote:This is too nerve wrecking. What's with all the last minute switches?
I agree with whoever said that this sounds super disingenuous after nutella's last post after the poll had closed.

FZ. wrote:...Not to mention, if you're going to lynch someone, and you see that some people changed their minds about that person, maybe you should go back and read their defence and thoughts at EOD. Seems like the civvie thing to do
Ok, I did it. I think I got all the people that had voted you, but changed their minds, and I didn't really see anything convincing, is there something you'd like to point out that I missed? Or were you just saying that to push an "uncivvie" look upon me? I don't agree with Epi's reasoning, I don't have the personal ties with you like MP, and the others didn't have much to say in your defense, they just also suspected others.

Maybe you should just show me directly what you were implying was there to look at. The things you imply would change my mind.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con
Epignosis
Dyslexicon
JaggedJimmyJay
Marmot
Elohcin
insertnamehere
Luke11646
DrWilgy
speedchuck
FZ.

My latest rainbow list for your amuse-bouche.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Four hours left in the lynch. I'm going to go with my gut and vote for speedchuck. If anyone wants to join me with this vote, I'll leave it here, otherwise I'll probably just go with whoever has votes and is lowest on my list. FZ asked us not to lynch her while she's not around, so I'm not likely to vote there.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I like LC's list better than his last one.
speedchuck wrote:Marmot
FZ.
JaggedJimmyJay
Dyslexicon
insertnamehere
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Luke11646
Long Con
Elohcin
Marmot feels nothing like scum marmot did in phenon, to me at least. He's helping when here, and approaches things in an interesting way.
FZ I could lynch tomorrow, but I'd rather give her a change to provide some more non-self-focused content first. She seems earnest enough when prodded.
JJJ is acting like town JJJ did, and is getting people to talk. Would be sad to see him go.
Dizzy is playing in a way I like and find helpful and towny. Every time I drop her read, she comes back and I find myself liking the cadence/content of her posts again. Hm. That could be a bad thing, I guess, if the posts don't stick with me, but otherwise I like it.
inh is coasting on a good response to D1 pressure. I would rather give them time than lynch them immediately.
I liked wilgy's early posts and separate viewpoints from other people, but I feel the substantiation has somewhat failed. Of course, that brings me to
Epignosis, who feels like a really conflict-heavy guy. It seems like there is no person he'd give a town read. I'm fairly certain that the only reason he doesn't want to lynch FZ is because he can do it later, and not lynching JJJ atm is a no-brainer. I don't have any meta on Epi, but I generally find people with townreads to be townier that people with more scumreads. Why? Townreads are inconvenient for scum to have. It gives them targets to avoid for mislynches. Better to be able to lynch any townie.
Luke and Eloh have done nothing to make me think they are town.
LC I'm feeling better about after his more recent posts, so I might would move him out of the POE.

TL;DR Lots of feels, some meta, and unbiased assumptions about Epi that he will immediately shoot down.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote:Four hours left in the lynch. I'm going to go with my gut and vote for speedchuck. If anyone wants to join me with this vote, I'll leave it here, otherwise I'll probably just go with whoever has votes and is lowest on my list. FZ asked us not to lynch her while she's not around, so I'm not likely to vote there.
Could you, uh, make a case or something?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote:
Long Con wrote:Four hours left in the lynch. I'm going to go with my gut and vote for speedchuck. If anyone wants to join me with this vote, I'll leave it here, otherwise I'll probably just go with whoever has votes and is lowest on my list. FZ asked us not to lynch her while she's not around, so I'm not likely to vote there.
Not really, like I said, it's largely a gut feel. :shrug:
speedchuck wrote:The thing between Epi, LC, and FZ doesn't feel like three townies going at each other to me. That said, I don't know which one to look at, and my headache has compounded just by catching up. If anyone wants to do some GTH reads between the three, that'd be pretty relevant.
This post looks bad to me. I feel like this is something that someone would say who knows who is bad or good. And you ain't Santa Claus.
Long Con wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
speedchuck wrote:Right now, I've got a POE going on.

DO NOT LYNCH:
Dyslexicon
Marmot
Epignosis
JaggedJimmyJay
Long Con
speedchuck
Wilgy
MovingPictures07

NOT GONNA COMPLAIN:
FZ
nutella

MAYBE LYNCH:
Luke11646
insertnamehere
Elohcin

That's not to say that my not lynch people are all town, but in terms of who I want to lynch right now, this is my happy list. It's not very unique, but it's a start. I've got a few more thoughts that I think you'll get while catching up, but a current POE list never hurts.
speedchuck, I take beef with this list. Your MAYBE LYNCH includes the three players who are least involved in this game. That's easyville, and easy for a baddie to take no heat for.
I agree, speedchuck moves closer to the bottom of the rainbow list.
This gave me some suspicion of you.

It's not much. The rest is gut feel.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote:
speedchuck wrote:The thing between Epi, LC, and FZ doesn't feel like three townies going at each other to me. That said, I don't know which one to look at, and my headache has compounded just by catching up. If anyone wants to do some GTH reads between the three, that'd be pretty relevant.
This post looks bad to me. I feel like this is something that someone would say who knows who is bad or good. And you ain't Santa Claus.
I don't know how you get that feel from it. If I knew who was good or bad, I'd be much more confident in my scumhunting.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 58

Post by insertnamehere »

RAYNEBOA

insertnamehere
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
Luke11646
Elochin
speedchuck
Long Con
DrWilgy
JaggedJimmyJay
Marmot
FZ.

FZ's response to the attacks struck me as less than convincing. Same thing with Marmot throwing my name around as an easy target. He seems a little lazy to me. Same with 3J, who seems to have abandoned the Vompatti gameplay for something more milquetoast and demanding of others.

Dys and Epi are my two townreads, and FZ/Marmot would be my preferred lynch.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

What do you mean by "milquetoast" exactly, INH?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

While it's preferable that players are in the thread and able to contribute in real-time as EOD approaches, I don't think it's wise to forego suspicion for that reason alone. There are a limited number of lynches available in a 13 player game and the most suspicious people should be lynched period. If that is FZ then she should be lynched. Right now I am most moved in that direction or Wilgy as the top alternative.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I had vague concerns about speedchuck's tone on Day 1, but I have felt better about him today. The content is more limited, but that might be true for everyone -- Day 2 has been pretty quiet in general. I'm not a fan of that lynch option.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I would go Wilgy in a pinch. One reservation I have is that I don't know if he'd go after Epi in that way if he were bad. But he's still right down there on my rainbow list, so he fits my criteria. I prefer to let FZ wait and, as speedchuck said, hear more content from her.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

A point Epi made about FZ which warrants consideration is that she has played nearly the whole game so far on the defensive. Ideally, in my opinion, a person in that position would eventually just say "to hell with that" and focus on reads. I acknowledge that not everyone plays the game like I do in that regard, and she also comes from a past era of Syndicate Mafia where such a mindset may have been less prevalent. That gives me pause on FZ. Long Con, do you have an opinion on this?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I have only the slightest reason not to vote Wilgy. Very small reason. Otherwise I have none.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epi, what do you think of Elohcin so far?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:I have only the slightest reason not to vote Wilgy. Very small reason. Otherwise I have none.
My concern here is that I struggle to see how the mindset develops from the specific game selected. To be generally fearful of a mafia Epignosis is understandable, because you've proven repeatedly to be such a capable evildoer. Vocaroo as the cited example though refers to a game which I would call non-applicable in the realm of meta. It was played with voices and the dynamic was very different, and your content specifically was almost entirely musical. The potential relevance of that to this game, standard text Mafia, would seem quite limited to me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:A point Epi made about FZ which warrants consideration is that she has played nearly the whole game so far on the defensive. Ideally, in my opinion, a person in that position would eventually just say "to hell with that" and focus on reads. I acknowledge that not everyone plays the game like I do in that regard, and she also comes from a past era of Syndicate Mafia where such a mindset may have been less prevalent. That gives me pause on FZ. Long Con, do you have an opinion on this?
I feel like you mean to say "a Civ in that position...", otherwise this is just us theorizing on FZ's basic mindset, not her alignment. I think I understand that mindset - I think I tend to focus on myself a lot when I play. The idea doesn't make me change my alignment ideas regarding FZ - I don't know if "defensive FZ is Civ FZ" or is it shows her to be bad, or if it has little or no bearing on her alignment.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:A point Epi made about FZ which warrants consideration is that she has played nearly the whole game so far on the defensive. Ideally, in my opinion, a person in that position would eventually just say "to hell with that" and focus on reads. I acknowledge that not everyone plays the game like I do in that regard, and she also comes from a past era of Syndicate Mafia where such a mindset may have been less prevalent. That gives me pause on FZ. Long Con, do you have an opinion on this?
I feel like you mean to say "a Civ in that position...", otherwise this is just us theorizing on FZ's basic mindset, not her alignment. I think I understand that mindset - I think I tend to focus on myself a lot when I play. The idea doesn't make me change my alignment ideas regarding FZ - I don't know if "defensive FZ is Civ FZ" or is it shows her to be bad, or if it has little or no bearing on her alignment.
I mean that, for a player who is inclined to defend themselves whenever accused, consistently being in that position limits their ability to produce much else in the game thread. In that regard, if FZ is a civilian then she might not have had much of an opportunity, at least as she sees it, to show that. It's a difficult matter for me to sort because of my strategic perception of civilian Mafia is not like that. It's like culture clash.

At face value I find FZ suspicious.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Epi, what do you think of Elohcin so far?
Ten posts and nothing much within them to judge. If you pressed me, I'd say she's a civilian who doesn't do well keeping up with two things at once and more or less stuck using a phone to post.

If I had to offer something a little more substantial, I'd point out this:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I also like the way LC handled all of that conversation, looking into it more intently.

I'd say I have two town reads already then. Cool.
What about me? What about me? :lorab:
Inspire me. GTH what do you make of Epi's alignment?
I think he is probably good and just stirring up trouble.
What in his posts specifically leads you to that conclusion? Can you walk me through your thought process a bit, if you don't mind?
Now, I haven't totally caught up, but I think his tone is that of just having fun. He was picking on me for my grammar knowing I've been using my phone mostly and that my stubby fingers don't work well with autocorrect.

He may still be mafia, but out of the gate...I saw him as having fun and not serious.

@FZ (I think it was) - I don't really have baddie tells for Epi.

I'll catch up on in a bit.
I'm perfectly capable of having fun and being bad. That said, the fact that she would use my tone to judge me is a slight indication that she had to use something of me to think about her answer to the question, so she genuinely didn't know whether I'm good or bad, and the underlined allowance reinforces that I think.

Although she did use an ellipsis so :mafia:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con wrote:
I mean that, for a player who is inclined to defend themselves whenever accused, consistently being in that position limits their ability to produce much else in the game thread. In that regard, if FZ is a civilian then she might not have had much of an opportunity, at least as she sees it, to show that. It's a difficult matter for me to sort because of my strategic perception of civilian Mafia is not like that. It's like culture clash.

At face value I find FZ suspicious.
As do I, and if she has not had much of an opportunity, then I'm fine with giving her some more. As in not lynching her on this day.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

If FZ is town, we're hardly giving her a chance to talk without being defensive.
If scum, pushing off the lynch more than likely gives mafia an extra day of head start. Assuming they can push a mislynch. In a game this small, we don't have much time for that.

I'm gonna consider myself open to voting FZ.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Can I have an opinion from everyone please? On a scale of 1 to 10, How likely is it that FZ will be lynched in the next three days?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote:Can I have an opinion from everyone please? On a scale of 1 to 10, How likely is it that FZ will be lynched in the next three days?

Oh, btw, Eloh is decently active in survivor. Not here. I'm leaving a vote on her for a few.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
Not really, like I said, it's largely a gut feel. :shrug:
Long Con wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
speedchuck wrote:Right now, I've got a POE going on.

DO NOT LYNCH:
Dyslexicon
Marmot
Epignosis
JaggedJimmyJay
Long Con
speedchuck
Wilgy
MovingPictures07

NOT GONNA COMPLAIN:
FZ
nutella

MAYBE LYNCH:
Luke11646
insertnamehere
Elohcin

That's not to say that my not lynch people are all town, but in terms of who I want to lynch right now, this is my happy list. It's not very unique, but it's a start. I've got a few more thoughts that I think you'll get while catching up, but a current POE list never hurts.
speedchuck, I take beef with this list. Your MAYBE LYNCH includes the three players who are least involved in this game. That's easyville, and easy for a baddie to take no heat for.
I agree, speedchuck moves closer to the bottom of the rainbow list.
This gave me some suspicion of you.

It's not much. The rest is gut feel.
My gut tells me that speedchuck is civilian. :shrug:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:Can I have an opinion from everyone please? On a scale of 1 to 10, How likely is it that FZ will be lynched in the next three days?
I don't know how the game will develop from this point. If things don't change substantially on that front then I'd put it pretty high, like 7 or 8.

Does anyone have a reason to oppose a Wilgy lynch?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

insertnamehere wrote:RAYNEBOA

insertnamehere
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
Luke11646
Elochin
speedchuck
Long Con
DrWilgy
JaggedJimmyJay
Marmot
FZ.

FZ's response to the attacks struck me as less than convincing. Same thing with Marmot throwing my name around as an easy target. He seems a little lazy to me. Same with 3J, who seems to have abandoned the Vompatti gameplay for something more milquetoast and demanding of others.

Dys and Epi are my two townreads, and FZ/Marmot would be my preferred lynch.
Have you taken the time to observe your play this game objectively?

This is the second day in a row you've shown up in the waning moments of the day phase after not being around prior. The first time this happened you were a lynch candidate. Jay gave you the floor to defend yourself and present your reads, a solid move on his part. This time, you come into the thread and call Jay's methods less than convincing.

I don't see how one of these things leads to the other.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote:If FZ is town, we're hardly giving her a chance to talk without being defensive.
If scum, pushing off the lynch more than likely gives mafia an extra day of head start. Assuming they can push a mislynch. In a game this small, we don't have much time for that.

I'm gonna consider myself open to voting FZ.
You had FZ in your green zone in your POE list. Does this decision mark a change in that?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I don't know how the game will develop from this point. If things don't change substantially on that front then I'd put it pretty high, like 7 or 8.

Does anyone have a reason to oppose a Wilgy lynch?
No good ones.

Wilgy going after Epi doesn't make too much sense from a town perspective, motive-wise. That's probably the best I've got.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote:

Oh, btw, Eloh is decently active in survivor. Not here. I'm leaving a vote on her for a few.
What does that have to do with her alignment?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote:
speedchuck wrote:

What does that have to do with her alignment?
As long as mafia are not directly under lynch suspicion, they have no incentive to scumhunt. Laying low is fine so long as nobody really pays much attention. Eloh is online, but deliberately not posting.
Of course, could just be an uninvested player, or she might still be trying to catch up.

This vote is also pressure, in a way, corresponding to that. I want her in here to give something.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Almost half the field is laying low.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

With the burglary about to begin, my time is going to be divided. About 45 minutes remain here and we have a pile of single votes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I want to lynch Luke. I think he's mafia avoiding responsibility.

Vote Luke
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Switched to Wilgy for now. Doesn't seem like speedchuck is going. I'm at work, I'll try to sneak a check or two of the thread before lynch time.

Return to “Previous Heists”