[END] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Which game will be next in my Heist TV Sitcom series? You decide! Pick 1 or 2.

Friends (Sockpuppets)
12%
Friends (Regular Accounts)
12%
Malcolm in the Middle (Sockpuppets)
6%
Malcolm in the Middle (Regular Accounts)
No votes
Scrubs (Sockpuppets)
12%
Scrubs (Regular Accounts)
No votes
Seinfeld (Sockpuppets)
35%
Seinfeld (Regular Accounts)
12%
No preference / Placeholder
12%

Total votes: 17
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 64

Re: [DAY 2] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Post by The Dry Flood »

Jerry Gergich wrote:I agree with most of what April has said. She seems like a sweet kid. I will try to do a better job of posting more. I just get so forgetful. Chris would probably be my next suspect after Ben, as he shares the trying too hard vibe and helped kill the cop.
This also looks kind of like a civ slip, when he said Ben helped kill the cop (implying Ben's lynch vote was in part the cause of Craig dying, meaning Jerry forgot who the cop was).

Of course this kind of derp can be faked, but that's not the vibe I get here.
Golden
Marmot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: he, him

Post by 1337 »

Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Oh great, it is endphase, nobody has said anything for almost an hour, eight players have already dumped their votes and I am co-wagon to be lynched.

Just how I imagined my evening.
You'll be fine tonight, Ron.

Who do you intend to vote for and what's your argument for doing so?
I will answer that after a fair review, in the time that is left.

And of course I'll be fine. I'm Ron ****ing Swanson.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Ben Wyatt wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:
Leslie Knope wrote:Off the top of my head, Tom. He's posted twice. Once about frying turkeys and once about voting for Ben. IIRC the post about voting for Ben was based entirely on nothing.
I agree, his vote for Ben was weak. Do you think a mafia team comprised of players like Tom is likely to notice Craig as the cop?
Are we thinking that the mafia knew Craig was the cop? Because I assumed it was a super lucky shot in the dark.
Your assumption is possible. I do think Craig played it a little too transparently though by placing total and immediate trust in me without question. He made me look like either his Night 0 peek or the miller claim that fit perfectly in his setup. I'd have noticed that if I was bad.
Golden
Marmot
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutellaphant »

April Ludgate wrote:Tom can never be a civilian read with so little content, but no case against him is going to be easy to sell either. There are two posts. I actually think Garry looks fine right now. His reasoning for arriving at Ben, Ann, and Chris as top leads looks both authentic and rational to me. He used his own sort of process of elimination. I don't really agree with Ben being a great option here though. I could consider Ann or Chris just as I continue to consider Leslie.

Any of the above sounds like a better lynch than Jerry to me, and Tom feels like a lazy lynch. He even feels like a deflection away from the current leaders.
I guess I just fail to see "High posters = mafia" as a smart and logical assumption, coupled with his apparent desire to destroy me like a mediocre sandwich.

I think Gerry's mini-POE is BS, and nothing looks authentic or logical about his reasoning. (In my opinion.) It's all fluff that doesn't say anything but appears to say something. And his crusade against high posters seems like an easy way to both mislead the group, and get rid of the people who are actually contributing to the game.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

April Ludgate wrote:
Jerry Gergich wrote:I agree with most of what April has said. She seems like a sweet kid. I will try to do a better job of posting more. I just get so forgetful. Chris would probably be my next suspect after Ben, as he shares the trying too hard vibe and helped kill the cop.
This also looks kind of like a civ slip, when he said Ben helped kill the cop (implying Ben's lynch vote was in part the cause of Craig dying, meaning Jerry forgot who the cop was).

This means as much to me as Jerry freaking out over Ann using the word "interesting."

It means absolutely nothing, that's what I'm trying to say.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Ben Wyatt wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:

This means as much to me as Jerry freaking out over Ann using the word "interesting."

What do you think happened in that post then?
Golden
Marmot
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

April Ludgate wrote:
Ben Wyatt wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:
Leslie Knope wrote:Off the top of my head, Tom. He's posted twice. Once about frying turkeys and once about voting for Ben. IIRC the post about voting for Ben was based entirely on nothing.
I agree, his vote for Ben was weak. Do you think a mafia team comprised of players like Tom is likely to notice Craig as the cop?
Are we thinking that the mafia knew Craig was the cop? Because I assumed it was a super lucky shot in the dark.
Your assumption is possible. I do think Craig played it a little too transparently though by placing total and immediate trust in me without question. He made me look like either his Night 0 peek or the miller claim that fit perfectly in his setup. I'd have noticed that if I was bad.
Hmm. Hindsight is 20/20. I'd lean towards it being a random kill instead of the mafia noticing one post where Craig had an adamant opinion and assuming he's the cop. I think the latter is probable, but less likely.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Towny McTownface »

April Ludgate wrote:

That's a fair point, but the bolded parts of this seem calculated to me:
Jerry Gergich wrote:I sure wonder why anyone would want to kill poor Craig. He barely posted, and only said nice things about April. If April was mafia, it could make sense for her to kill a defender, but nothing she has posted makes me think she would be so evil. I like to believe the best in people. Most likely it was a low poster kill designed to leave no clues at all. I guess I'd better step up my own game if I don't want the same thing to happen to me! It would be just my luck.

Maybe I'm just being a goofball, but it seems to me that a more active mafia is more likley to kill low posters than a more passive one, so I would want to look at higher posters. The highest posters so far are Ron, Andy, Ben, Ann, and April. I already know I trust April and already know I don't trust Ben, so that leaves me three more people to look at carefully before I vote. Just as soon as I finish this filing.
Ben Wyatt wrote:I guess I just fail to see "High posters = mafia" as a smart and logical assumption, coupled with his apparent desire to destroy me like a mediocre sandwich.

I think Gerry's mini-POE is BS, and nothing looks authentic or logical about his reasoning. (In my opinion.) It's all fluff that doesn't say anything but appears to say something. And his crusade against high posters seems like an easy way to both mislead the group, and get rid of the people who are actually contributing to the game.
Agreed. God you're so sexy when you say smart things.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

April Ludgate wrote:
Maybe I don't understand what you're trying to say, but it could have just as easily been a typo.
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

April Ludgate wrote:
Ben Wyatt wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:

Words are hard. They mean weird things sometimes, stuff we never intend them to mean. I never really put much stock in obsessing over word choice. Jerry confusing the cop and Bill doesn't really have any forbearance over his alignment in my mind. People say dumb things, and seizing one small detail and making it alignment indicative, much like Jerry and the word "interesting" just seems only to reinforce whatever opinion you already have.

I think Jerry is bad, I read his post and think his screw-up is just that- a screw-up.
You think Jerry is good, you read his post and think his screw-up is a subtle clue to his alignment, and you get to feel like Sherlock Holmes for a few seconds.

:shrug:
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

I might have changed my own mind on that point actually. Even if it was a legitimate derp, Jerry was smearing Ben for "helping kill the cop", which is unreasonable regardless. I am considering a Barry lynch. It seems at least better supported than a Tom lynch would be, and I have some reservations about my Leslie suspicion.
Golden
Marmot
November
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 103

Post by November »

leslie has yet to say a reason why she's against me.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

My time zones are screwed up. Does this phase end in 15 minutes or over an hour?
Golden
Marmot
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

April Ludgate wrote:My time zones are screwed up. Does this phase end in 15 minutes or over an hour?
Over an hour
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

I have 2 hours and 12 minutes, but I could have DST messed up in settings
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Ok, now a lot of people are talking. *frowns*

I'll be in my office.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

i'm not sure i get why people want to go after larry. i mean, he's the WORST but why
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Harry Gergich

My vote isn't set in stone. I'm still considering various things. But don't think I care. I don't care.

Golden
Marmot
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Andy Dwyer wrote:leslie has yet to say a reason why she's against me.
I believe I did cover that briefly. You targeted me for no apparent reason, saying on day 1 after I had made just a couple of posts that I had added nothing of value before voting for me for no apparent reason. Since then, we've been going back and forth at each other about this. I saw this as an attempt to set me up for the lynch alongside Bill.

I haven't forgotten about this, but I have no reason to vote for you other than spite for your vote and the fact that you came after me for no reason. I know I'm a civvie, so your unsubstantiated attacks come across as inherently suspicious from my point of view.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Andy Dwyer wrote:i'm not sure i get why people want to go after larry. i mean, he's the WORST but why
If you love me you'll read the reasons people already gave the last couple pages and say what you disagree with.
Golden
Marmot
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Leslie Knope wrote:
Andy Dwyer wrote:leslie has yet to say a reason why she's against me.
I believe I did cover that briefly. You targeted me for no apparent reason, saying on day 1 after I had made just a couple of posts that I had added nothing of value before voting for me for no apparent reason. Since then, we've been going back and forth at each other about this. I saw this as an attempt to set me up for the lynch alongside Bill.

I haven't forgotten about this, but I have no reason to vote for you other than spite for your vote and the fact that you came after me for no reason. I know I'm a civvie, so your unsubstantiated attacks come across as inherently suspicious from my point of view.
uh
no
you made long posts with no content in them. i found that suspicious.
April Ludgate wrote:
Andy Dwyer wrote:i'm not sure i get why people want to go after larry. i mean, he's the WORST but why
If you love me you'll read the reasons people already gave the last couple pages and say what you disagree with.
i'll try. :biggrin:
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Ben Wyatt wrote:
Jerry Gergich wrote:Oh geez, I can't believe Craig is dead. That's so sad! You know, when I'm feeling a little down, my beautiful wife and daughters always cheer me up. But right now all I really want to do is find the killer. Ben was awful quick to get in here after the kill. I wonder if he was expecting it.
I'm sorry Jerry, not everyone is as inactive as you. Also, what possible incentive do members of the mafia have for showing up at the beginning of the day phase? It's not like they have to send in the kill five minutes before the end of the night. You do understand the game of mafia, don't you Jerry?
i don't think this is that weird.
i also think gary is wrong here tho.
Ben Wyatt wrote:
Jerry Gergich wrote:Looking at these files all day, I have to say that I think the killer is someone who posts a lot, and that it's very likely that at least one voter for Bill was bad. Cross referencing the two leads me to Ben, Ann, Chris, or Ron. Ron is just such a great guy, and after reading some more of his posts, I think I have to trust him for now.

That means I think we should lynch Ben, Ann, or Chris. Ann used the word "interesting" in her second post of the game, which to me always seems like a fluff word that doesn't say anything but appears to say something, so she is definitely on my radar.
Jerry, most of your posts are fluff that doesn't say anything but appears to say something. You have this bizarre theory based on nothing which says that low posters are inherently less suspicious than high posters. This just seems like a massive generalization which excuses yourself and gives you a few easy targets to lazily swat at. Then you zero in on Ann saying "interesting," which is yet another thing you've decided is a scumtell.

Frankly, I don't know why you're on my tail, Jerry. And the same goes for you too Tom.
Tom Haverford wrote:I'm about half caught up on what I should and am totes voting Ben.

His style is garbage and he probably is taking it out on others, so lets get him outa here.
Was this just a random throwaway vote for funsies, or do you have an actual "thing" against me?
it seems Ben suspects jerry/tom bc they're wrapped in role play and not baddie finding like a REAL FBI AGENT WOULD EB
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Andy Dwyer wrote: uh
no
you made long posts with no content in them. i found that suspicious.
Which posts? Also, what do you define as content?
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Andy Dwyer wrote:
Ben Wyatt wrote:
Jerry Gergich wrote:Oh geez, I can't believe Craig is dead. That's so sad! You know, when I'm feeling a little down, my beautiful wife and daughters always cheer me up. But right now all I really want to do is find the killer. Ben was awful quick to get in here after the kill. I wonder if he was expecting it.
I'm sorry Jerry, not everyone is as inactive as you. Also, what possible incentive do members of the mafia have for showing up at the beginning of the day phase? It's not like they have to send in the kill five minutes before the end of the night. You do understand the game of mafia, don't you Jerry?
i don't think this is that weird.
i also think gary is wrong here tho.
Ben Wyatt wrote:
Jerry Gergich wrote:Looking at these files all day, I have to say that I think the killer is someone who posts a lot, and that it's very likely that at least one voter for Bill was bad. Cross referencing the two leads me to Ben, Ann, Chris, or Ron. Ron is just such a great guy, and after reading some more of his posts, I think I have to trust him for now.

That means I think we should lynch Ben, Ann, or Chris. Ann used the word "interesting" in her second post of the game, which to me always seems like a fluff word that doesn't say anything but appears to say something, so she is definitely on my radar.
Jerry, most of your posts are fluff that doesn't say anything but appears to say something. You have this bizarre theory based on nothing which says that low posters are inherently less suspicious than high posters. This just seems like a massive generalization which excuses yourself and gives you a few easy targets to lazily swat at. Then you zero in on Ann saying "interesting," which is yet another thing you've decided is a scumtell.

Frankly, I don't know why you're on my tail, Jerry. And the same goes for you too Tom.
Tom Haverford wrote:I'm about half caught up on what I should and am totes voting Ben.

His style is garbage and he probably is taking it out on others, so lets get him outa here.
Was this just a random throwaway vote for funsies, or do you have an actual "thing" against me?
it seems Ben suspects jerry/tom bc they're wrapped in role play and not baddie finding like a REAL FBI AGENT WOULD EB
I suspect Tom and Jerry (damn it) because they suspect me for what I think are less than satisfactory reasons. I mean, Tom didn't even offer a reason. It's nothing to do with roleplay. If I had something against RP, I'd be targeting you, Ron, and Chris.

Why do you think mafia members are more likely to post immediately after the end of a night?
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Ron: you groaned about the thread being dead when you were tied for the lead. Now you're not and you've gone silent. Why?
Golden
Marmot
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

but it's role play over content or reason is my point ya kno

OH ok
well i think mafia wait for the night post more often bc they have more knwoldge so they want to see what is going 2 ahppnen
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

April Ludgate wrote:Ron: you groaned about the thread being dead when you were tied for the lead. Now you're not and you've gone silent. Why?
Because I'm writing?

The silence is still helpful, for that matter.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 32
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 2 ends in 40 minutes FYI.

I also am realizing I forgot the Unvote and No Lynch options. Sorry about that; I don't think that'll be a problem, but that's my bad. I'll make sure to include them going forward.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [DAY 1] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Post by November »

These are leslie's first three psots in the agame
Leslie Knope wrote:Bye bye, Lil Sebastian. :( You truly are 5,000 candles in the wind.

I think it's obvious who's responsible here: Eagleton. Those rich snobs look down their noses at us and take away or kill everything that matters to Pawnee. First they took our money, and now they've killed Lil Sebastian.

Of course this could also be the work of the Library. They add nothing to the community and nickel and dime our residents for overdue books every single day.

Then there's also the Newport family who'll do anything to sell Sweetum's products. They're pretty much run like an organized crime family already.

I say we form some sort of angry, organized mob of people to figure this out and get justice for Pawnee. Short of that, I will be forming a task force to tackle this issue. Lil Sebastian will not die in vain, and if we have to burn the library, Eagleton, or Sweetums to the ground, then I hope I can be the leader to make that happen.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to endorse a few beers and some bourbon into my stomach.

Sorry it took me a few hours to post. We got a new dog today, it's Walking Dead night, and I have a ton of math homework due at midnight. I just gave up and threw the book across the room because I've been doing that garbage for 3 hours
no content
nothing relevant
fun banter
nothing of substance tho
Leslie Knope wrote:
Bill Dexhart wrote:A horsey murder. So was he...hung like a horse then? ;)
Ugh. Shut up, perv.
Bobby Newport wrote:Oh no...
Very succinct? :confused2:
Ann Perkins wrote:I can't ask how my friends are doing during this tragedy? Interesting...
Not well, Ann. Come endorse some beers with me.
Bobby Newport wrote:You people make me sick.
Too poor for you? Why don't you go on over to Eagleton and build yourself a nice ivory tower to jump off of!
April Ludgate wrote:I'm the miller. If the cop investigates me it'll come back mafia even though I'm town. So, cop... don't investigate me. It's a waste. We can eliminate 6 of the 8 setups in the table, it's either [1] or [C]. The baddies know exactly the setup now. I think it's a good enough trade. People can believe me or not I don't really care. I passed up a gay Halloween party to be here. Do you know how much fun gay Halloween parties are? :suspish:
I'm so proud of you, April! You have turned into a very intelligent, beautiful, and fertile young lady. But - and this is just a thought - if we're in C, then the cop doesn't have a check. However, if we're in one, he and or she does. Either way, if there's a town cop, then we may have a goodie who knows the actual setup. If not, then you're a liar and will burn with Eagleton!
Ron Swanson wrote:I'm sure Leslie is already out there raising funds to send off Li'l Sebastian with the ceremony it deserves. It's what we should all do, instead of yammering here and acting all chummy. *stares at Ann*

That, and getting to the bottom of which bastards did this.
A ceremony! That's such a brilliant idea, Ron. I was so focused on my blood lust and thirst for revenge that it hadn't even crossed my mind. We should allocate at least half of the monthly budget on this. We'll spare no expense.
Jeremy Jamm wrote:Oh sure first she gets the biggest office then we let her get away with not playing, SO if I had the biggest office could I not post either.
If you didn't post, nobody would care.

Just like with you and breathing.
Ben Wyatt wrote:Exactly. I crunched the numbers,
Looked at a chart that was provided to you.
Ben Wyatt wrote: Fakeclaiming the Miller could be the perfect crime, like stabbing someone with an ice shard.
You destroyed an entire town and resigned in disgrace, so you're not really the person I'd go to with advice on the "perfect" crime.
Ben Wyatt wrote:All of this talk of game roles and rule setups reminds me of my own personal masterpiece, The Cones of Dunshire. Anyone up for a quick game? And by quick, I mean a minimum of 4 hours of playtime.
Nobody cares about your Star Wars game, honey.
Bill Dexhart wrote:And a vote for me too? Do I get a gold star if I win this electi...oh wait. This isn't an election. :puppy:
And it's not an erection, either. Calm down, perv.
Bill Dexhart wrote:Is it dirty? I've dealt with a lot of dirty offices and could give you some advice on that one!
I'm sure you could.
Jeremy Jamm wrote:Is it bigger then my office?
Mine is!
Andy Dwyer wrote: WOOO HOO LESLIE
But wait... I think this could be IMPOSTER Leslie. !
The Leslie I know would be much more productive in a post and have things of substance to say-- like real words and stuff.
Andy. Precious, precious Andy.

I need you to go possum tackling at the park where the Harvest Festival takes place. Once you've cleared them out, I need you to write a song for Lil Sebastian's memorial service. I want it to be like "A Candle in the Wind," but... 5,000 times better.
nothing of substance
rebuffs my accusation with a joke.
Leslie Knope wrote:
Andy Dwyer wrote:THEORY TIME

leslie has been kidnapped and this is evil imposter leslie who says a lot of words but id ont' think they mean much.
I see what you're trying to pull here, Andy. Other than a couple of very unsubtle hints that you've dropped about being the town cop, all you've really managed to say is that I've said nothing. Your eagerness to attempt to form a bandwagon against me is unsettling, and I don't believe you're the town cop. You couldn't even pass the test. I'm withholding my vote for now, but you're making a strong argument against yourself.
third post

an omgus

literally leslie dind't saay anything until i said that was weird. her first read was negative on me.

good fbi agents just don't do that
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

The game had just started and, other than April, nobody had posted anything that could be interpreted as relevant as strictly as you seem to interpret the word "relevant." You singled me out for what appears to be no apparent reason. I'm sorry I didn't know everyone else's roles right off the bat.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

I think you're correct that those posts lack relevant content, Andy. I also think Leslie should talk about her weird "hints you've dropped about being the town cop" thing. Even if she really believed you're the cop, Andy, I have no idea why a civ would broadcast that to the thread. One might as well say "hey baddies, this guy might be our cop! please don't kill him!"

Talk about target painting
Golden
Marmot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Ugh, I need a drink.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

April Ludgate wrote:I think you're correct that those posts lack relevant content, Andy. I also think Leslie should talk about her weird "hints you've dropped about being the town cop" thing. Even if she really believed you're the cop, Andy, I have no idea why a civ would broadcast that to the thread. One might as well say "hey baddies, this guy might be our cop! please don't kill him!"

Leslie, answer this immediately or I will rip your tongue out of your head.
Golden
Marmot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Andrew is now sitting on the Leslie case in a comfortable way, but that also means he's locked himself in the same loop as ever, with no hint as to what else he has in sight. It is not something to appreciate. He also remains fixated on Knope's gambit/godfather comments more than I myself deem them worthwhile, upon closer inspection, and it is not still clear to me why this angle is a deal solver for him. Under normal circumstances, I would not imagine a mafia wanting to draw so much attention and disapproval for this type of drumming, but with this one-directional roleplay, who can tell.

Councilwoman was in a rebuttal mode for most of the phase and she has thorough and reasonable at that. Some of the details are not absolving or ones I would describe as satisfactory, but overall I'd say feel better about her after this process.

April remains on my trust list.

Ben did not show up or contributed as much as during the previous phase, until right now at the very end of it. Takes a swing at Jerry, which has currently evolved into a case / lead. Soft disapproving remarks at both Knope and Jamm, but without any verdict on either of them. Dissident of the active thinker mafia angle.

Newport would make a great city council. Absent and useless. Terrible player here, though.

Chris - comes in every sunrise. Rebuttal concerning his Bill vote. It's... not clear how exactly he defends against April other than "I went with it". Later on, addresses more issues. Takes a swing at Jerry for casting doubt on what the flip mean for April (Chris, to be noted, is of the opinion that April is confirmed good) and the idea that the night kill was anything but a lucky strike. Honorable finger wags per se, but I'm not sure if I would call them anything but soft pokes. His rebuttal towards me is basically fluff.

I feel I have nothing to commend this man for, so it is only natural that I'm veering towards suspecting him for not pulling the weight in this process. Or any weight. You need real carbs and protein for that, my man. And yet, Chris remains far from a serious topic in the rest of the community, so at the end of the Day, what do I care.

Donna - looking at several players, although, in her own words, with "nothing solid" in mind. I'd tag her as neutral as her content is, but there's also a serious rustle no big feathers, do no harm with your vote vibe to it.

Jack-Rhino - suspects Andy, I suppose. Riveting stuff...

Jamm - preocuppied by post-flip, post-claim, post-Miller-deal issues that are either interpreted from rather ridiculous angles or don't lead anywhere. Barks at Knope, with not much reasoning. Then just places the vote on Tom for inactivity and a vote he disagrees with. That last thing just about has a ping-oriented feel to it to acknowledge it as a serious complaint, but in whole context it's very thin material.

Lenny - I also had the first instinct to suspect this post, for its apparent obliviousness to Craig's possible exposure and dismissal of the active mafia idea, plus speculations on what mafia would do, but then my final thoughts after some re-reads and moving on was that it was that he was expressing his take on it and that's pretty much it. He later returns to the idea of checking the high posters further, but he issues a dud of a take on Ann (her banter with me in the game's opening... that's it?) and says nothing about Chris, God damn it. There is content to frown at, for sure, but it also makes me wonder if, given the current situation, if he's not the low hanging fruit right now.

Knope - up until a few hours ago, there were very little reasons to dissuade from a lead on her, with all the narration shifts on me and April, her speculation game regarding the mafia (April was already more eloquent to point out the nonsense), her deflections and such, if only not for the doubting thought of too much clumsiness in all of this. Plus, until Jerry became first wagon, she let herself in front, which inserts right away the doubt of whether she's not genuine in saying she's town "despite all there is".

Tom - junk
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

April, I was saying that I didn't buy it. If I had believed it, then obviously I wouldn't have said anything. And Andy wasn't the cop.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Leslie Knope wrote:April, I was saying that I didn't buy it. If I had believed it, then obviously I wouldn't have said anything. And Andy wasn't the cop.
What did he say though that you thought looked like a kind-of-cop-claim?
Golden
Marmot
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

April Ludgate wrote:I think you're correct that those posts lack relevant content, Andy. I also think Leslie should talk about her weird "hints you've dropped about being the town cop" thing. Even if she really believed you're the cop, Andy, I have no idea why a civ would broadcast that to the thread. One might as well say "hey baddies, this guy might be our cop! please don't kill him!"

why would a baddie do it tho
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Where was this, again?

Too long, did not read on the above version:

I'd name Leslie a suspect.
There are reasons to find Jerry shady, but I also wonder if he won't prove to have flubbed some ideas to make himself useful and look at something. I sort of regard Tom's swing at Ben to be more garbage than Jerry's. I can agree that profiling the high posters are Craig's killers is one-dimensional, but I disagree with Ben's idea that, by doing this, Jerry hoped to achieve something i.e. persuade anyone.
I have serious issues with Chris and Andy.
Second-tier suspects would probably include Jamm.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Leslie Knope wrote:
Andy Dwyer wrote:THEORY TIME

leslie has been kidnapped and this is evil imposter leslie who says a lot of words but id ont' think they mean much.
I see what you're trying to pull here, Andy. Other than a couple of very unsubtle hints that you've dropped about being the town cop, all you've really managed to say is that I've said nothing. Your eagerness to attempt to form a bandwagon against me is unsettling, and I don't believe you're the town cop. You couldn't even pass the test. I'm withholding my vote for now, but you're making a strong argument against yourself.
Golden
Marmot
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

leslie has yet to name a suspect who hasn't suspected her first
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Andy Dwyer wrote:The only cop around here is ME, BERT MACKLIN

:D

seriously though i wish i were a cop
Is it this?

Because really
Golden
Marmot
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

also i am not the town cop I AM FBI AGENT BERT MACKLIN
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Ah. Must have been for the Macklin posts, if I recall?

But just like Andrew, I'm not sure why that would count as baddie smearing.

If anything, the slight good vibe I could get from it would be counter-claiming cop to Andy's apparent cop claim, for the double the flase claim coating against the mafia's scans.
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

April, sell me on Jerry in as few words as time permits anymore. I'm not sold.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Ron Swanson wrote:April, sell me on Jerry in as few words as time permits anymore. I'm not sold.
Leslie Knope

You gave me 4 minutes
Golden
Marmot
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

VOTE KNOPE BUT NOT A GOOD VOTE
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

April Ludgate wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:April, sell me on Jerry in as few words as time permits anymore. I'm not sold.
Leslie Knope

You gave me 4 minutes
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Andy Dwyer wrote:The only cop around here is ME, BERT MACKLIN

:D

seriously though i wish i were a cop
I thought there was another post that seemed like an overt hint, but I've since dropped it. In hindsight it was obviously just roleplay, but I thought he was using the roleplay as a way to mask his real intentions at the time.

If I were mafia, why would I need to say in the thread that I thought he was pretending to be the cop? Wouldn't I have just had him killed? Instead, the real bad guys got the real cop and there's less than 5 minutes until we lynch someone else.
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 26
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
They/them/theirs/themself
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

Jeremy Jamm wrote:and either way the mafia would come out on top, since there would be a cop in any three possible set ups, narrowed to two if they had the godfather which I believe they do.

All I'm saying is it makes no sense what so ever for April to do what she did, it stinks as bad as Knope having a bigger office. Speaking of Knope I'd like her to clarify her paranoia.

We're assuming we have an active miller or a miller who would role claim. It is very small yes, however it isn't impossible that she is mafia.

I'm leaning towards a Knope lynch right now, but might look a little deeper into a few players if time permits. I'm very very busy after all running my orthodontist firm and being the best city council member.

Councilman Jamm, I must object to this statement. If April is a civilian Miller, as I think the evidence heavily indicates as well as all her actions, then the best course of action is for her to do exactly what she did. Because anyone who claimed she was lying would result in either her or the other person being lynched, and the proof would be in the all natural tapioca pudding. Also, the fact that she would be unlikely to have anyone counterclaim the Miller, she would hopefully help the cop eliminate one more player from the list of people who might actually be mafia. I must say, I don’t think I care for your reasoning or assertions.

And reading on I see April brought these points up as well. I’m so proud of you April, you are quite the empowered young woman! :biggrin:

Ann Perkins! I know you feel threatened by my close friendship with Ben, but no one is as special to me as you are. I have not interacted with Ben because I’ve been sidetracked trying to sort out my thoughts on other people. It’s quite the brain challenge.

I must say, I’m a little perplexed by the people saying I am not putting anything relevant out there, and that I am blendy. I’ve been pointing out things as I see them, and even though I am finding my roleplaying very enjoyable, I have not posted more than one or two posts with no game relevance whatsoever. And those I believe were early on. I would request that those who have made these assertions would conduct an ISO on me to see if what I am saying is not true.

I would speculate that perhaps my character persona is clouding your impression, I am after all the most positive person I know! :biggrin:

At the moment I still find Ann Perkins and Jerry Gergich suspicious, but Jeremy Jamm’s recent posts have me even more concerned with his potential alignment. I never thought I would say this, but I will be voting for Jeremy Jamm.
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Andy Dwyer wrote:leslie has yet to name a suspect who hasn't suspected her first
when did Jerry suspect Leslie?
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster

Return to “Previous Heists”