Currents Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

What was your favourite aspect of the game?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:02 pm

The storyline
No votes
The host
29%
The theme
No votes
The minimal amount of roles
14%
The participating players
29%
The game's progression
14%
Nothing, I absolutely hated it
14%

Total votes: 7
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 120
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Currents Mafia [NIGHT 2]

Post by Long Con »

Crap, sorry Wilgy. I would have switched to INH if that had been happening in those last minutes, but he had zero votes and I was at work.
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Thank you to Sloonei for covering for my absence. Greatly appreciated in such short notice. :beer:
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I've got a busy Saturday in front of me so I may not be around much.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Currents Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote:Marmot
FZ.
JaggedJimmyJay
Dyslexicon
insertnamehere
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Luke11646
Long Con
Elohcin

POE list for this lynch for me. I'm more inclined to lynch one of the lurky people for the health of the game. This is an important lynch, but if we kill off a talkative townie, tomorrow will be much worse.

I'm honestly pretty bad at reads, so if you don't like my list, deal with it.
Can you explain your POE list a little? Process of Elimination, does that mean the green ones are cleared in your mind for certain reasons?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Listening to Lonerism... didn't realize that I DO know Tame Impala - Elephant has been played on the radio here. :srsnod:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Quiet night. Guess Civs everywhere are licking their wounds. Gives me time to go over things anyway. I'm going to flip some things around in my rainbow list, I think.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 104

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote:
speedchuck wrote:Marmot
FZ.
JaggedJimmyJay
Dyslexicon
insertnamehere
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Luke11646
Long Con
Elohcin

POE list for this lynch for me. I'm more inclined to lynch one of the lurky people for the health of the game. This is an important lynch, but if we kill off a talkative townie, tomorrow will be much worse.

I'm honestly pretty bad at reads, so if you don't like my list, deal with it.
Can you explain your POE list a little? Process of Elimination, does that mean the green ones are cleared in your mind for certain reasons?
Green were the ones I really didn't want to lynch THAT DAY. Of them, I have townreads on three: Dizzy, JJJ, and Marmot.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Perhaps a short sentence on each of those three describing why you think they're Civ? I'm sure you have done some explanation, just looking for a quick reference.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ok, I'm going to try something new for Day 3, I'm going to flip my list around a little. I don't feel like this speedchuck thing is going anywhere, and most people seem to trust him, so I'm taking him out of the equation. JJJ is someone that I want to look more into, so he's going to get viewed as bad for at least the first part of the day, and I'll see what that gets me. Some minor shuffling as well, INH is a top suspect at the moment.

Long Con
speedchuck
Epignosis

Dyslexicon
Marmot

Elohcin
Luke11646

JaggedJimmyJay
insertnamehere

FZ.
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Day 3 - Love/Paranoia
The world was right where I wanted

Luke11646 paid his final respects to his befallen friend. Floyd and Luke were inseparable mates during their adolescent years and both were committed to being loyal to one another. Floyd's funeral was scheduled to start in approximately an hour, and Luke had been blessed to have had some time to converse with Floyd for the last time. As with any tragic occasion, there was a bellowing sadness that lingered in Luke's eyes. But perhaps this wasn't the only reason. Having to travel to Perth for the funeral, Luke had expressed discomfort at the recent deaths, not only of his friend, but of Perth's residents. Floyd's death was still unexplained, there was a skeleton tiger on the run, nutella had been executed and MovingPictures07 had been killed in a method so peculiar. By perchance, if Perth's residents hadn't executed their doctor as well, they might have had some basis of how MovingPictures07 was killed.

"Heck," Luke exclaimed, as though he was in conversation to Floyd. "There's more finger pointing here than at a..."
Luke caught his speech off by a brown, decaying cloth scarcely visible underneath Floyd's paisley shirt. Cautiously, he removed the cloth as if his deceased friend was made of china. Once the cloth was in his possession, he realised it was wrapped around something rigid and square. Once the concealed object was properly in view, Luke took a brief moment to examine this strange object. It was a copy of Tame Impala's Currents, only it had "Deluxe Edition" written on it, bizarrely disproportionate in size, covering most of the artwork.

His studying of this oddity was interrupted by the screeching sound of an opening door. Into the chapel where the funeral was to be held, two men entered, conversing. The shorter of the two was dressed in a suit appropriate for a funeral, although his maroon scarf dissonant against his outfit. Embers of anxiety flared with his every step, and his body language and voice also appeared to lack confidence. His companion was a giant of a man. In spite of also being dressed in a suit, his West Coast Eagles beanie diminished the intimidation of his appearance.

The duo reached where Luke was standing next to the casket.
"I... um..." fumbled the scarfed man, "...believe you have something that belongs to us." Luke gave him a look of confusion.
"And you are?" Luke asked. The scarfed man looked a little flustered and realised he would have to introduce himself.
"I'm Kevin Parker. I'm, well, the musician behind Tame Impala." His companion grunted in a form of disapproval. "Yeah, and... this is Cam. Cam Avery. He plays bass."
Now understanding the situation, Luke asked Parker to clarify the significance of this Deluxe version of Currents. Parker scratched his head, searching for an answer.
"Around the middle of... last year? Yeah, last year, I made a statement that a Currents: Deluxe Edition would be released for the anniversary of the album's release."
Luke queried, "And?"
"Well, I never released it, to be frank," Parker responded with a self-shaming tone. He hung his head, but it was enigmatic why he did so.
"So, how come you..."

Crash! The sound of gunfire.

Luke paused for a moment, struggling to find speech or an ability to make movement. He collapsed, departing the physical world in a heap next to the casket.

"Heck!" cried Parker, sprinting towards the chapel door. Avery, however, exited with a higher level of annoyance than panic.
"Aw, for f***'s sake," he stated. "I just want to go to the Eagles game."
Luke11646 has been killed. He was Love/Paranoia...
a vanilla civ.
Day 3 has commenced
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: Currents Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by speedchuck »

Why Luke? Rip.

Marmot, he one time I saw him as scum, did' feel as helpful as he does here. He posted more with less content.
Juju is taking up the same role while around that he did on phenol. I could change on this, as jim might just be that good at seeming helpful.
Dizzy actually feels more prone to giving reads and being helpful than he did as town. Tow read there, I suppose.

Gut, meta, and a willingness to give reads and commit.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Epignosis »

My vote is on 3J and is likely to stay here.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Can somebody remind me what the case on JJJ is?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote:Can somebody remind me what the case on JJJ is?
His posts are bullshit, that's what. Vote him out and be done.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Can you give an example of some of the bullshittiest bullshit? Maybe some content you would expect instead, for comparison?

This is a big surprise, I hope you can back it up. Your confidence is optimism-inspiring.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Y'all review me and case me as you can. I'll anticipate some kind of substantive content.

Don't expect me to spend time answering to it though. I am pressed for time right now and I am not going to waste it on that shit. Tomorrow I hope to be able to at least begin full ISOs on everyone alive. Two civilian lynches demand thorough reassessment and that is my focus.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Y'all review me and case me as you can. I'll anticipate some kind of substantive content.

Don't expect me to spend time answering to it though. I am pressed for time right now and I am not going to waste it on that shit. Tomorrow I hope to be able to at least begin full ISOs on everyone alive. Two civilian lynches demand thorough reassessment and that is my focus.
Not very inspiring.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote:
:keys: I need better leading than this.
Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Y'all review me and case me as you can. I'll anticipate some kind of substantive content.

Not very inspiring.
IDK, it's what he did in the last game I was in with him and it was helpful.

Gonna be at a wedding for the next 12 hours. Will be plenty active tomorrow, I believe.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Something I want to point out.

Luke made a case on Dizzy yesterday before he died. There's a decent chance he was nightkilled because he was thought to be the cop.

So I think Luke's death is a bad look for Dizzy.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Marmot wrote:Something I want to point out.

Luke made a case on Dizzy yesterday before he died. There's a decent chance he was nightkilled because he was thought to be the cop.

I thought of that as well. Could also be a frame-job with that in mind. I think it's a little weak either way, Luke wasn't being that much of a threat. On the other hand, Luke's low-laying style of play would be a good way to be the cop - try to stay out of the limelight to avoid getting killed. And making a crappy case (sorry Luke!) might just be a signal that Dizzy was bad, for us to go back and understand later. Looking at it from that perspective, that looks fantastically bad for Dyslexicon.

I'm a big fan of this now.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:

I thought of that as well. Could also be a frame-job with that in mind. I think it's a little weak either way, Luke wasn't being that much of a threat. On the other hand, Luke's low-laying style of play would be a good way to be the cop - try to stay out of the limelight to avoid getting killed. And making a crappy case (sorry Luke!) might just be a signal that Dizzy was bad, for us to go back and understand later. Looking at it from that perspective, that looks fantastically bad for Dyslexicon.

I'm just gonna assume you started this post with one process and shifted to another, because the two underlined statements oppose each other considerably. ;)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

EBWOP: thought process.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon ISO

Response to Luke claiming mafia -- I'll mark this as the first moment Dizzy engaged with Luke, a civilian they'd later push to lynch. In this moment Luke sort of made himself bait and Dizzy was the only person to respond to it that I can see. Sometimes mafia members feel an obligation to do something with these moments whereas civilians are more inclined to discard them as WIFOM.
Dyslexicon wrote:Also, totally meant it when I said I was going to lurk, at least this day. I have an exam due to Thursday, which is probably why I signed up for several games in the first place, and I'm probably not going to lurk anyway cause procrastination is my religion, but if I do it's muchly legit and not suspicious at all.

Byeeee \o/
Excusing himself for projected inactivity. This is the second prediction of lurking to occur in the early game from Dizzy; that's not my favorite thing. They haven't exactly lived up to that projection though.

Reads as gifs -- I don't know whether these were meant to be at all serious. Expand please, Dizzy.
Dyslexicon wrote:@MP - Is Luke a regular Cindy Kate? Do you have meta on him given your town read?

Also, regarding cop cover strategies - I'm used to players doing peeks automatically in this setup, though not before later in the day I suppose. I'm pretty neutral to this, as my philosophy is more that of the actual scum hunting and play regardless of power roles is what wins the game (though obviously I can see the glory of power roles, I just don't like to lean on it too much). I'll just go with the majority, I agree we should either all peek or all not do it. I've always had the feeling that starting the peeking from D2 or D3 may be the optimal strategy, but that is just an idea based on not much.
The highlighted portion of this strategic dialogue reveals that Dizzy has experience in this setup, and specifically with cop peeks. I think this will become important as I proceed, so I'll make the note here.

Reads list on Day 1 -- The effort here is better than a number of others provided. I do count 8 reads in this post though which are some variation of "null" or "no stated reason" which dilutes its value. I actually laughed proceeding from that thought to the last bit of the following post:
Dyslexicon wrote:Question/request - Would really appreciate if people explained their reads more. I get that rainbow lists is a thing here and they are pretty and I like them, but I would really like for people to articulate why they feel a certain way if they can, and gut reads are legit.
They barely met their own request.
Dyslexicon wrote:
Luke11646 wrote:
Long Con

Long Con
Luke, explain this?
This appears opportunistic. I said earlier that new players tend to make themselves opportune targets with derps, and this would be such a moment if Dizzy is mafia.

I give Dizzy credit for being an active part of the Day 1 POE effort. I note two of the five in the "could lynch" tier have died, meaning three of these early "lynchable" reads remain unresolved. That's decent to limit their direct implication in the town flips so far.

They noted that their lynchable pile was identical to speedchuck's and posted to acknowledge that.
Dyslexicon wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Please expand on the tinfoil concern you previously had about Marmot.
Don't know what I can share, but Marmots post on the timing issue he had with FZ's response to me seemed to assume mafia day chat if I had read it correctly, and I didn't know if mafia had day chat even if I tried investigating this, and Marmot wouldn't either if he is town. But if it's custom then I assume Marmot just assumed this, and besides that, town can also make assumptions like that even without there being a reason for it (I've learned the hard way). Tell me if this doesn't make sense and is still important to you.
This proposed Marmot tinfoil is presumptive -- that mafia with day chat would be atypical on this site. They had it in Phenon.
Dyslexicon wrote:Still kind of want to lynch Luke. But people doesn't seem that interested, which wants me to lynch Luke more. But I'll switch to Eloh for now. She was barely active in the Phenon game and I don't want a repeat of that, at least INH was very much present that game. Maybe that's terrible reasoning, but my lone vote isn't doing much right now.

Vote Eloh
I don't quite follow the thought process behind this vote -- Eloh is inactive, she was inactive in Phenon (civ), INH is different from Phenon (civ), vote Eloh. The thought process would seem to land more logically at an INH vote, the one with a perceived difference in meta.
Dyslexicon wrote:Can we lynch Nut?
This is a departure from the prior POE list.

Initial response to Luke's case on Day 2. The response is incomplete in that Dizzy addressed only a single portion.

The most important thing here is that Luke provided the case against Dizzy at all. If the Luke kill is thought to be an attempt to remove the cop, which I think is at least a fair guess considering Luke's low profile, then this would be a bad look for Dizzy. If they believed him to be compatible with cop checks, then that means his Day 2 reads would have to be compatible with cop checks. The only read Luke gave on Day 2 was a case against Dizzy.

The case against Dizzy could probably be reduced to this single point. Alternative theories would require Luke to have been killed for a different reason. Possibilities do exist, like "untraceable kill of a lurker" as some people seem to do as mafia, or the standard misdirection frame. However, any mafia team employing these methods is thus less attentive to the cop, which would strike me as a poor and less probable strategy in a setup with only one power role -- an alignment checker.

I think it's a bad look.
Dyslexicon wrote:I want to lynch Luke. I think he's mafia avoiding responsibility.

Vote Luke
Dizzy attempted to motivate a lynch of Luke late in Day 2. In the framework of a theory where Dizzy is mafia and thinks Luke might have peeked them, this effort is easy to understand -- remove the cop without having to kill him. The push struck me as pretty arbitrary, as Luke was a low-content contributor among a number.

~~~

Conclusion

There's a lot for Dizzy to answer for here, and I think Luke being killed is a bad reflection upon them.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin ISO

Unfortunately this post history hasn't moved much since I last did a review:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Elohcin

Her content to this point has mostly been in response to Epi or a discussion of Epi. I don’t draw much of anything from their early banter regarding grammar or her forgiveness of those transgressions. I have little to say about this post history
I'll focus my judgment primarily on this post:
Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I think my phone is playing tricks on me. I came in to vote and the poll said I had two votes and INH had 3. I voted INH for some assurance and after I hit submit the votes were all moved around. I'm confused.
Eloh, you stated in the final hour that you voted INH for self-preservation and then realized the votes had moved en-masse (I believe at this point to FZ). Your vote remained in place; did this reflect a desire of yours to lynch INH specifically with the need for self-preservation reduced?
No, I have nothing against anyone at this point except those that think I am not civ. But I haven't been here really, so I cannot fault them too much. They should just know me by now and know that if I WERE bad, I would be neglecting RL responsibilities that are keeping me from this game right now in order to make sure I was aware of what is going on. Instead, I am am sitting in a clean house and laundry was done just yesterday. My cake work is done for today and school is underway for today. I'm not bad....just busy.
because this post is her explanation for her failure to participate. Elohcin has some history of struggling to keep up with games while busy offline, so that isn't a good reason to read her as bad. I don't think it's a good reason to read her as good either, because she has had a presence elsewhere on this website during this game which could have been spent doing *something*.

In the end though there is nothing confident to be stated about this read. We're stuck with it. To be fair, I have been mafia with her twice before (The Syndicate Mafia and Transistor) and in both cases she was more active than this. She was inactive as a late mafia replacement in Turf Wars.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Marmot wrote:
Long Con wrote:

I'm just gonna assume you started this post with one process and shifted to another, because the two underlined statements oppose each other considerably. ;)
That is an accurate read of the post. :haha: I was going to point the finger at you a little bit, as if you were the baddie who tried to frame, but then no one brought it up. But I don't think that now. Too soon for an impatient baddie anyway.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis ISO
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Hi all! Checking in!
At least we know you're safe Night 1. :grin:
Are you saying your bad and won't rid the game of your wife on night 1?
You dare address Epignosis with the incorrect "you're"? :eek:
My top three suspects are you, Eloh, and Dizzy.

I just made a joke at Eloh's expense, so your joke is superfluous.

Eloh I suspect as consequence of your post.

Dizzy I suspect for that singular post, which strikes me as a way to appear relieved at being civilian here when Dizzy has not been, in recent memory, civilian.
He dove right into Day 0 by generating and stating reads based upon the content available, even if not necessarily compelling. I think this is strategically ideal for a civilian as it propels a game thread forward while others tend to wait for something to happen, and I appreciate that. It's behavior I would associate more with myself or MP than Epi, so it's a bit of a meta departure.
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Correcting grammar is the joke. You correcting Eloh's grammar is superfluous, because I already did that.
Actually, I only saw that post for the first time just now. I didn't get the linki for it. :disappoint: I wouldn't have posted my thing if I had seen it.
No matter. It served its purpose. You are a civilian.
This post continues that process, evidencing Epi's willingness to abandon the first LC read and replace it with an opposite read. The portrayal of the strategy is effective; I am less sure why Epi liked Long Con at this moment.

I agreed with his nutella suspicion and don't think he looks worse for her having flipped civilian. I think the expanded meta case looks authentic.
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Thanks, Floyd! Appreciated.

speedchuck, thanks for the reply.

FZ., let me address your post next.

I will say that nutella is giving off a genuine tone to me with her most recent posts, though I'm not sure I could put my finger on why exactly. I don't see a town spark, but at the same time I don't see a baddie panic either. So I'm given just a bit of pause there.
I was expecting a civilian nutella to lose her shit on me. She remained calm and stuck her tongue out at me.
This I don't agree with. I haven't known nutella to be the hostile sort even when wrongly suspected in the past. In that regard Epi could have given her more space to change his mind. He almost did that with this temporary vote switch, though he did visibly weight the sides of the scenario.
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:I'm spending so much time defending myself.
Pardon my crudeness, but fuck all that. Reads right now are more useful than defense.
To be fair, I think FZ. is accustomed to instances where civilians don't win if they're dead. If that's a true reflection of her subconscious thinking right now, I'd say that is a civilian indicator.
In recent civilian games Epi has employed his own brand of POE in which he reviews cases present late in a day phase and determines what civilian indicators exist for the suspects at risk of lynching. His treatment of FZ here recalls that mindset nicely.
Epignosis wrote:Long Con started a lynch against FZ., and my view is that if you do that, you should engage with your victim to determine if you are wrong or right and move or leave your vote accordingly.

It doesn't look to me like LC has made that effort and therefore doesn't really care if FZ. is good or bad.
Epi's brief maneuver to nearly lynch LC at EOD1 almost took, and I think it looks like he was really invested in making that lynch happen at least in the moment. It could have easily happened. That's something I'll just keep in mind moving forward considering the dynamic of those two.
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Epi, what is your current read on Wilgy?
I'm of two minds. I already expressed the one view I had where Wilgy is bad here and is reproducing his effort to get me lynched last time in order to make me assume he's good.

However, what makes me doubt that view is the following:
DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Going back to work. Lynch Epi everyone.
Your fascination with me is adorable.
Isn't it? Is it not? I think you gave me mafia ptsd in vocaroo.
There is no logical basis for suspecting me based on my performance in another game. This post suggests a latent fear that I'm "at it again," and Wilgy just wants me gone so he doesn't have to fear that outcome. That suggests genuine thought process (insofar as I can reasonably understand WIlgy's thought process), even if it isn't logical.
This is probably my least favorite thing about Epi in this game. Wilgy was his chief and perhaps only opponent in the thread, and Epi's reception of that was rather timid. He covered both Wilgy's possibilities here and continued as such through Wilgy's lifespan. He never took a conclusive stance.

Self-clears via the MP kill -- I don't think this logic holds, because MP's post came late in the night phase. The kill selection may have preceded it. This isn't a point against Epi, but I reject the assertion that it should support him.
Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Why MP?

I need to reassess.
This post stinks to me.

What is so unfathomable about MP dying if Wilgy genuinely thinks I'm bad? I've killed MP plenty of times.
He took issue with Wilgy's response to the MP kill. Following the progression of Epi's read on Wilgy, this is probably the closest he came to taking a stance.
Epignosis wrote:I want to vote someone. I think I'll pick Luke.
I don't know why Epi wanted to vote Luke.

Defense against Wilgy -- He is answering accusations and seemingly trying to affect Wilgy's read on him, or the reads of external viewers. I don't know that Epi is working on his own read of Wilgy.
Epignosis wrote:I have only the slightest reason not to vote Wilgy. Very small reason. Otherwise I have none.
He didn't resist the Wilgy lynch in the end, but nor did he support it.
Epignosis wrote:Fine. Luke.
I don't understand the final vote. He'd voiced some suspicion of Wilgy, Wilgy was an option, he'd said close to nothing about Luke, he voted Luke. This can also be applied to the framework of a scenario where the mafia suspect Luke is the cop -- this wouldn't be ideal for Epi.

~~~

Conclusion

I think the earliest content in Epi's posts looks solid. I follow him less moving forward from there. He was tentative in his suspicion of Wilgy, his chief in-thread opponent, and his decision to vote for Luke doesn't follow clearly from the content preceding that vote. That's something Epi should answer for.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Standard ISOs always take longer than interactive reviews when there's no specific search criteria. Such an ass pain. :noble:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Gonna take a short break, because my head does not appreciate this screen or this work.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ ISO
FZ. wrote:Hi. I was sure a lot more people would check in by now, and I'd miss a lot.

Epi and LC have started the game strongly quite early. This is unlike the last heist game where they seemed relatively trusting of each other (and were both civvies). It feels genuine at the moment, especially since Epi just went back on his suspicion. We'll see. And I have no idea how Insertnamehere factors into things, but while the jokey atmosphere is not uncommon for day 0, I always feel like it's an easy way for baddies to blend in on day 0 and appear like they have no care in the world. So I'll be keeping an eye here.

Carry on.
I've spoken of this first post already. It still gives me a bad impression. To summarize, it bears the appearance of a person trying to say things instead of wanting to say things.

She answered to my initial concerns -- She provided an admirable effort to answer point-by-point, but it doesn't make me feel much. I emerge from it still concerned by the same points, and I am not sure FZ displayed any agenda later in Day 1 or onward to engage the thread from a standpoint of developing reads. It's been defenses like this, and the longer the game proceeds without that changing significantly the less justification there can be for it.

Reflected suspicion becomes a trend -- I'm not typically one to be that concerned with "no u" or "omgus", because I think those accusations tend to be used much more often than they yield results. FZ was egregious about it though on Day 1, first turning on MP after facing heat and then doing the same with nutella.
FZ. wrote:I gave my reads on MP, Nutella and also INH. I feel like I wasted too much time defending myself which is why I hate when that happens. It's a circle thing where you're poked for not giving names, when all you do all the time is defend yourself. Yet, I feel I still talked about suspicions. I'm sorry you don't like them. That doesn't make me bad. It either makes me wrong, or it makes me smarter than the rest.
Agreed. At least you're honest. FZ is correct that she did provide reads of a sort under pressure while defending herself on Day 1; it ties directly into the previous point. Two of those three reads provided were suspicion reflected upon accusers, which means they functioned as reads and defenses simultaneously. I'll acknowledge though that her reads content during this period was a little more substantive than I remembered. I am not thrilled by the direction or the potential for an agenda, but the reads do exist.
FZ. wrote:Civ reads:

Epi
Wilgy
Chuck

Oh, did I forget to mention that LC is not up my trusted list either. Sorry if I'm suspicious of almost everyone who is suspicious of me. But he was "pinged" by my one post, and ever since is letting everyone else do the fighting while he is sitting back and not really saying anything.
I think this was her best post of Day 1, both for its transparent honesty about reflected suspicion and the valid point made about LC's treatment of the continuing discussion about her. There are further reads provided too, albeit unexplained.
FZ. wrote:Meh. RIP Nutella.

All this shifting of votes at the end of the day feels to me like someone wanted to cause chaos. Wish I knew who. I'm going to sleep. Will think about it tomorrow.
This one just bugs me at face value. I don't know what the point of the observation is without a name given. She touched on that here to speak of her strategic perspective but still provide no name to associate with her grievance. I am not sure there was ever a follow-through on this.
FZ. wrote:By the way, the difference between your questions and JJJ's is that while you said you had questions, you also formed an opinion while asking the question. JJJ did not. That was what I meant when I said he feels like he's from the United Nations council. Not that I'm happy with your opinion for what it's worth
I don't know why I am supposed to have an opinion inserted into a question I ask, or what the comparison to the UN council means.
FZ. wrote:RIP MP :( Sorry to see you go. It's been ages since we played together and even though we were fighting most of the time, it was fun. Sorry for losing it at some point :blush: For what it's worth, I think the baddies were threatened by you. :hugs:

I will not be around most of this day phase. I have a wedding I'm attending, and then I'm going away with my family, so no time to mafia. Please don't take advantage of this to lynch me while I'm gone

Now I'm going back to read
The increased font size and request to be left alone is clearly an emotional appeal, and that might provide an opportunity to judge the player. FZ: please give me an example of a game in which you were bad on The Syndicate so I can draw a comparison.

She doesn't like LC -- a continuing dialogue stemming from the initial Day 0 spat progressing through Day 2. Her grievance remains focused upon the point that LC started the beef and then left the dialogue alone for a while, implying opportunism. It continues here. I'm not thrilled with the focus on LC's interjection in the Wilgy/Epi dialogue, that seems like mental gymnastics.

~~~

Conclusion

I still think she looks suspicious at face value more often than she doesn't. It's difficult to qualify that further without her making an appearance lately.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 52

Post by FZ. »

A lot has happened since I was last here. I'm not really caught up, because I just came from a friend whose father just passed away, and wasn't really in the mood to read.

You lynched Wilgy :disappoint: What was that about? All I kept seeing was people asking whether other people objected voting for Wilgy. There was no real good case on him. JJJ is really not looking very civvie at the moment. After looking to be very neutral to me for a very long time, It feels like last day he was trying to lead a lynch so he comes off looking as a civvie who isn't afraid of the consequences. It feels manufactured to me. Couple that with MP's death, and I really think we are looking at a potential mafia.

LC with his tunnel vision on me, is just annoying. It feels like all he's doing is looking at my posts with his decision already made, and everything is twisted to fit into his theory. I'm done. If he's good, then whatever. If he's bad, it feels like I'm the only one seeing it. I seriously don't get why people are so trusting of him.

Lastly, I was thinking the exact same thing Marmot was, regarding Luke's death and Dizzy's potential part in it. The only problem I have with this theory is, why would Dizzy go to the trouble of trying to lynch Luke. At that point no one seemed to take Luke that seriously. If he thought Luke was the cop, wouldn't it be better to wait until the night to take him out? So the cop, for example won't try to find his ties and look into people he thought were connected to him?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:You lynched Wilgy :disappoint: What was that about? All I kept seeing was people asking whether other people objected voting for Wilgy. There was no real good case on him. JJJ is really not looking very civvie at the moment. After looking to be very neutral to me for a very long time, It feels like last day he was trying to lead a lynch so he comes off looking as a civvie who isn't afraid of the consequences. It feels manufactured to me. Couple that with MP's death, and I really think we are looking at a potential mafia.
Regarding the highlighted bit: that's an arbitrary assertion. What'd I say regarding Wilgy or the lynch proceedings that is indicative of the judgment you've made? Be specific.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:FZ ISO
FZ. wrote:Hi. I was sure a lot more people would check in by now, and I'd miss a lot.

Epi and LC have started the game strongly quite early. This is unlike the last heist game where they seemed relatively trusting of each other (and were both civvies). It feels genuine at the moment, especially since Epi just went back on his suspicion. We'll see. And I have no idea how Insertnamehere factors into things, but while the jokey atmosphere is not uncommon for day 0, I always feel like it's an easy way for baddies to blend in on day 0 and appear like they have no care in the world. So I'll be keeping an eye here.

Carry on.
I've spoken of this first post already. It still gives me a bad impression. To summarize, it bears the appearance of a person trying to say things instead of wanting to say things.

What the hell does that even mean?
She answered to my initial concerns -- She provided an admirable effort to answer point-by-point, but it doesn't make me feel much. I emerge from it still concerned by the same points, and I am not sure FZ displayed any agenda later in Day 1 or onward to engage the thread from a standpoint of developing reads. It's been defenses like this, and the longer the game proceeds without that changing significantly the less justification there can be for it.

Reflected suspicion becomes a trend -- I'm not typically one to be that concerned with "no u" or "omgus", because I think those accusations tend to be used much more often than they yield results. FZ was egregious about it though on Day 1, first turning on MP after facing heat and then doing the same with nutella.
FZ. wrote:I gave my reads on MP, Nutella and also INH. I feel like I wasted too much time defending myself which is why I hate when that happens. It's a circle thing where you're poked for not giving names, when all you do all the time is defend yourself. Yet, I feel I still talked about suspicions. I'm sorry you don't like them. That doesn't make me bad. It either makes me wrong, or it makes me smarter than the rest.
Agreed. At least you're honest. FZ is correct that she did provide reads of a sort under pressure while defending herself on Day 1; it ties directly into the previous point. Two of those three reads provided were suspicion reflected upon accusers, which means they functioned as reads and defenses simultaneously. I'll acknowledge though that her reads content during this period was a little more substantive than I remembered. I am not thrilled by the direction or the potential for an agenda, but the reads do exist.
FZ. wrote:Civ reads:

Epi
Wilgy
Chuck

Oh, did I forget to mention that LC is not up my trusted list either. Sorry if I'm suspicious of almost everyone who is suspicious of me. But he was "pinged" by my one post, and ever since is letting everyone else do the fighting while he is sitting back and not really saying anything.
I think this was her best post of Day 1, both for its transparent honesty about reflected suspicion and the valid point made about LC's treatment of the continuing discussion about her. There are further reads provided too, albeit unexplained.
FZ. wrote:Meh. RIP Nutella.

All this shifting of votes at the end of the day feels to me like someone wanted to cause chaos. Wish I knew who. I'm going to sleep. Will think about it tomorrow.
This one just bugs me at face value. I don't know what the point of the observation is without a name given. She touched on that here to speak of her strategic perspective but still provide no name to associate with her grievance. I am not sure there was ever a follow-through on this.
FZ. wrote:By the way, the difference between your questions and JJJ's is that while you said you had questions, you also formed an opinion while asking the question. JJJ did not. That was what I meant when I said he feels like he's from the United Nations council. Not that I'm happy with your opinion for what it's worth
I don't know why I am supposed to have an opinion inserted into a question I ask, or what the comparison to the UN council means.

It means that anyone can ask questions. I don't think I see anything civvie like in asking questions. It's a way to avoid being looked at, because you were only asking questions. You weren't really pointing the finger at me. The UN council comparison is a figure of speech meant to say you're on the fence. Not taking sides. I guess you'd have to be from where I am, to get that...Though you changed your behaviour since then. It actually worries me more, because it feels like it was a change done to please the critics.
FZ. wrote:RIP MP :( Sorry to see you go. It's been ages since we played together and even though we were fighting most of the time, it was fun. Sorry for losing it at some point :blush: For what it's worth, I think the baddies were threatened by you. :hugs:

I will not be around most of this day phase. I have a wedding I'm attending, and then I'm going away with my family, so no time to mafia. Please don't take advantage of this to lynch me while I'm gone

Now I'm going back to read
The increased font size and request to be left alone is clearly an emotional appeal, and that might provide an opportunity to judge the player. FZ: please give me an example of a game in which you were bad on The Syndicate so I can draw a comparison.
I think the only one I remember being one is Pikmin.

She doesn't like LC -- a continuing dialogue stemming from the initial Day 0 spat progressing through Day 2. Her grievance remains focused upon the point that LC started the beef and then left the dialogue alone for a while, implying opportunism. It continues here. I'm not thrilled with the focus on LC's interjection in the Wilgy/Epi dialogue, that seems like mental gymnastics.

~~~

Conclusion

I still think she looks suspicious at face value more often than she doesn't. It's difficult to qualify that further without her making an appearance lately.

Replies in orange within the text.

@linki: Going to find the post that bothered me. I skimmed, so I need some time.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Well, I went back to look for that post and I found it:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con wrote:Can I have an opinion from everyone please? On a scale of 1 to 10, How likely is it that FZ will be lynched in the next three days?
I don't know how the game will develop from this point. If things don't change substantially on that front then I'd put it pretty high, like 7 or 8.

Does anyone have a reason to oppose a Wilgy lynch?
And then there was another one where you just say Wilgy is the best option and just lynch Wilgy. But I did miss a few posts where you actually gave reasons for suspecting WIlgy, so I guess I have to take it back.

I still need to ask: Is there a reason why you asked people if they have a reason to oppose a Wilgy lynch and not just simply asked them what they thought about Wilgy instead?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

By the way, why didn't Eloh and INH vote last day?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:I still need to ask: Is there a reason why you asked people if they have a reason to oppose a Wilgy lynch and not just simply asked them what they thought about Wilgy instead?
My question focuses on civilian indicators which would give me a reason to lynch someone else. The decision had to be made while the thread was stagnating against the activity of the burglary at the worst time. It was crickets in here and someone had to galvanize people into a lynch, so that's what I did. It didn't work out, shit happens.

What's the difference to you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I really need to catch up on my crossover work. I'll check in periodically; the ISOs will continue later.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:I still need to ask: Is there a reason why you asked people if they have a reason to oppose a Wilgy lynch and not just simply asked them what they thought about Wilgy instead?
My question focuses on civilian indicators which would give me a reason to lynch someone else. The decision had to be made while the thread was stagnating against the activity of the burglary at the worst time. It was crickets in here and someone had to galvanize people into a lynch, so that's what I did. It didn't work out, shit happens.

What's the difference to you?
When you ask people what they think about someone, they actually have to formulate an opinion and have to think more carefully on what they say and do. When you ask if they oppose a lynch, they have to think of a good reason to oppose the lynch. It seems harder to come up with a good reason to prevent a lynch. That way, they lynch becomes easier. Was wondering if that's what you were trying to achieve.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 243

Post by Dyslexicon »

I knew Luke was NOT the cop, which is why I pushed him EoD last phase. No idea why he was killed except it looks bad for me, so yeah that's probably it. But I'm still the same alignment as I've been all game. Thanks wifom NK.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 243

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oh wow, so many words, JJJ. o.o
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dyslexicon wrote:

I knew Luke was NOT the cop, which is why I pushed him EoD last phase. No idea why he was killed except it looks bad for me, so yeah that's probably it. But I'm still the same alignment as I've been all game. Thanks wifom NK.
How did you know Luke wasn't the cop?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote:Ok, I'm going to try something new for Day 3, I'm going to flip my list around a little. I don't feel like this speedchuck thing is going anywhere, and most people seem to trust him, so I'm taking him out of the equation. JJJ is someone that I want to look more into, so he's going to get viewed as bad for at least the first part of the day, and I'll see what that gets me. Some minor shuffling as well, INH is a top suspect at the moment.

Long Con
speedchuck
Epignosis

Marmot
Elohcin
insertnamehere

JaggedJimmyJay
Dyslexicon

FZ.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Shoot, I was supposed to copy that list over to here and post this post after updating it. Anyway, here you go: :blush:

So I went through JJJ's posts with the idea that I'm reading a baddie. I don't know how useful it was, because now I feel like he's bad. It was easy to see the baddie reasons for certain posts, I guess. I don't know if it's valid or not, but here's my updated rainbow list:

Long Con
speedchuck
Epignosis

Marmot
Elohcin
insertnamehere

JaggedJimmyJay
Dyslexicon

FZ.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

FZ. wrote:It means that anyone can ask questions. I don't think I see anything civvie like in asking questions. It's a way to avoid being looked at, because you were only asking questions. You weren't really pointing the finger at me. The UN council comparison is a figure of speech meant to say you're on the fence. Not taking sides. I guess you'd have to be from where I am, to get that...Though you changed your behaviour since then. It actually worries me more, because it feels like it was a change done to please the critics.
Can you elaborate on JJJ's change and how it pleases the critics?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Voting insertnamehere.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con ISO
Long Con wrote:1. I didn't really take your post as a joke. It wasn't a joke when you insisted for the entire game in the last Heist that you were Civ because Eloh got killed Night 1. So why would this be any less serious? And how is it "at Eloh's expense"?

2. How is my joke superfluous? It wasn't even on the same wavelength as your so-called joke.

3. What's your game here? This is unusual stuff. Jumping right in on Day Zero with fancy moves. Mr Big Shot. I don't like it. I feel like the last time I saw someone trying to hard to be a Day Zero Cowboy, they were bad. Maybe I'm thinking of Mac in the Blue vs Red game.
His response to the initial statement of suspicion received from Epignosis. #3 reads a little bogus. "unusual stuff" / "trying too hard" -- easy assertions to make which don't really mean much of anything.
Long Con wrote:

Carry on.
This post of FZ's pinged me.

I read it as "This is unlike the last heist game where they were both civvies. I'll call it genuine but make it clear that will change. Their jokes are an indicator they are bad."

Also feels like "They're bad, they're good, they're bad."

It looks like a waffley kind of baddie thing. I vote FZ.
I think his initial concerns about FZ were generally valid.
Long Con wrote:
speedchuck wrote:Most of my reads are based on what others have said, as well as my sense of when posts feel really fake or genuine. Those feels are what sends my nutella read higher than Epi's, and my Wilgy/Eloh reads lower than most.
You think Eloh and Wilgy are not being genuine?
This response to speedchuck strikes me as rather obvious and pointless.
Long Con wrote:
nutella wrote:Epi I am not bad. I'm not sure how I can convince you at this point but you are barking up the wrong tree.
Every time I feel like saying someone is "barking up the wrong tree" I stop myself... because at some point, it was seen as, well, something baddies say. I may have gotten caught by it once... maybe just scared for my life. But I always remembered.
Gross ellipsis abuse. :meany:

LC, if you could provide the example you hinted at here in which you were caught after saying something like "barking up the wrong tree", that'd be ideal. I am fairly sure I've seen that phrase from every alignment there is; it appears in as many game threads as it does not.

"Last thing I saw was a big FZ swing" -- I note Long Con discussing the player he had initiated a case against in neutral and external language. He was the first to voice concern with FZ on Day 1, but didn't engage her or talk about her thereafter until this moment (two minutes prior to the deadline). It's bizarre.

Rainbow after Day 1 with speedchuck and FZ as top suspects.
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Long Con was the leader on the FZ. lynch but never engaged her. I have a problem with that. If you are the main reason why someone is about to get lynched you should engage that person and see if you can see the good in him or her. LC, why didn't you bother to do this?
I just got kinda disengaged during the latter half of Day 1.
Long Con wrote:Just busy. I didn't really feel SO TOTALLY SURE that FZ was bad, so I wasn't so eager to push her lynch. I am comfortable taking a back seat on Day 1.
These are LC's responses to the accusations he received late in Day 1 regarding his handling of FZ. They must be taken or left at face value; I don't find them inspiring.
Long Con wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Long Con, I'm similarly troubled by your contributions at the moment; I don't understand why you're jumping in after the fact and expressing agreement with this Wilgy argument.
After what fact? I was taking part in a current conversation. :confused:
Can you do something else for now and explain some of those reads on your rainbow in greater detail, if you don't mind? Even a brief sentence or whatever would be fine. Because I don't understand how you're coming to most of those, including the bad read of me. As far as I'm aware, the only thing you said to me earlier was "MP you're probably bad k" or something like that. :p So by all means, if there's something you want to talk about, let's do it.
You just feel bad to me. Even the first part of this quote, like what are you talking about?? "Jumping in after the fact", what? Loaded language. Planting seeds, wanting to make me look bad very subtly. I get a lot of those feels from you. I appreciate content, but I think you are using content and participation as a screen, and it shows in some of the things you say.
The highlighted portion becomes something of a trend in this post history. LC has cited something vague like "feeling" to assert suspicion of MP, speedchuck, and most recently me.

Night 1 rainbow -- the descriptive language here continues to be vague. "general vibes", "his posts are civvish to me", "I forget why he's low", etc. This demands that I believe LC is content playing the game entirely with his gut, and I don't know him to be that sort. He has typically been the analyst and a constructor of cases. That has not been present in his post history to this point.

He had the right idea about the questions I was asking FZ. The mindset is nice, the originality less so.
Long Con wrote:Not a bad case actually, Luke.

I thought MP was killed because he was assumed to be the cop. I thought he was the cop, with all his cop talk.
Maybe TMI. I almost slipped myself out of a win in the burglary a couple nights ago when I blabbed my own motive for a night kill.
Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Long Con, when you asserted Marmot was misrepresenting a case from a previous game, what relevance did that bear in your mind to the present discussion?
The relevance was related to his lament that we should have lynched a low-poster. He gave the lynch of Mac (Mac Mac Mac hi Mac!) in GOC2016 as an example of how lynching low posters works.

As I said to Marmot, Mac was lynched based on one of the most convincing meta cases I have ever seen. Several good meta points was the reason he was lynched. People didn't vote on the Mac train with a low-poster reason, they voted him because he was carelessly acting like his bad self, and got caught.

Marmot's claim that he was lynched for low-posting wasn't just wrong, it was blatantly wrong, and that fact is very fresh in our memories despite the disappearance of the GOC game thread. Even moreso due to the fact that it was Marmot himself that found, in my eyes, the clincher piece of meta Mac. I called it "the smoking gun". It didn't make sense to me, so I asked him.

The relevance to this game would be Marmot not being truthful. He said we should have lynched a low-poster instead of nutella, and, when I asked him about it, he gave an answer that contained a inaccurate account of a recent game that he should have a very good memory of. I thought it was worth bringing up to him.

This walk down memory lane reminds me that I meant to ask a follow-up question: I know I quick-skimmed part of Day 1, Marmot - did you advocate the lynch of a low poster during Day 1?
Meh at this entire dialogue. What happened to Mac in the GOC was only marginally relevant in the first place, and to cite this argument to support concerns about Marmot just looks manufactured to me.
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Why MP?

I need to reassess.
This post stinks to me.

What is so unfathomable about MP dying if Wilgy genuinely thinks I'm bad? I've killed MP plenty of times.
Also, how was MP not at the top of the "likely to be killed" list? Most Active Civ, tried to protect the cop, seemed like he might BE the cop. If Wilgy needs to reassess, I'd like to hear what his original assessment of MP was, where he was an unlikely kill.
Again discussing the MP kill as though it was an obvious choice.

Response to FZ's grievances -- This finally came on Day 2. LC grants a couple of her points and contested others; the prevailing read which emerges is that LC is still suspicious of her. More

Long Con disputes "hypocrisy" as a tell -- I have seen LC make this argument before as a civilian. If I recall correctly it was something we agreed on in a recent game, because I do think the core premise of the argument is valid. Civilians are as often hypocritical as mafia members, if not more often. Civilians have a tendency to forget themselves when making their arguments while mafia members have more reason to remain thoughtful of their own prior contributions. It ties into the consistency versus inconsistency argument which I think plays out similarly. This is probably LC's best moment.
Long Con wrote:What do you think of speedchuck? I have a bad feeling about him, but I went through his posts and I don't see much to catch him on. Some of it is connected to FZ turning up bad, I think.
Vague gut suspicion of speedchuck referenced earlier.
Long Con wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
Long Con wrote:What do you think of speedchuck? I have a bad feeling about him, but I went through his posts and I don't see much to catch him on. Some of it is connected to FZ turning up bad, I think.
Please explain that last sentence further, if you don't mind.

And if you want to ask me any questions, I am less sick ATM.

linki: Me neither, Dizzy.
FZ is my top suspect, and if she turns up bad, then I think you might be her teammate based on your posts involving her.
LC linked speedchuck with FZ. I feel a tinfoil brewing within that I will discuss later, and this is relevant to it.

LC reviews EOD1 as it reflects on FZ -- He looked over the votes that swung away from FZ and determined that he still suspected her. He is very consistent on this read from the start.

Day 2 rainbow with Wilgy, Luke, speedchuck, and FZ as reds
Long Con wrote:Four hours left in the lynch. I'm going to go with my gut and vote for speedchuck. If anyone wants to join me with this vote, I'll leave it here, otherwise I'll probably just go with whoever has votes and is lowest on my list. FZ asked us not to lynch her while she's not around, so I'm not likely to vote there.
He promoted a speedchuck lynch and voiced his willingness to give FZ more time per her request when she was away. I don't understand this, after he'd spend a large portion of his effort in this game prior casing her, debating with her, and calling her his top suspect. She asked for time and it was granted.
Long Con wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
Long Con wrote:Four hours left in the lynch. I'm going to go with my gut and vote for speedchuck. If anyone wants to join me with this vote, I'll leave it here, otherwise I'll probably just go with whoever has votes and is lowest on my list. FZ asked us not to lynch her while she's not around, so I'm not likely to vote there.
Could you, uh, make a case or something?
Not really, like I said, it's largely a gut feel. :shrug:
speedchuck wrote:The thing between Epi, LC, and FZ doesn't feel like three townies going at each other to me. That said, I don't know which one to look at, and my headache has compounded just by catching up. If anyone wants to do some GTH reads between the three, that'd be pretty relevant.
This post looks bad to me. I feel like this is something that someone would say who knows who is bad or good. And you ain't Santa Claus.

*snipping spoiler within spoiler*

This gave me some suspicion of you.

It's not much. The rest is gut feel.
I don't like this post. The highlighted portion especially bothers me, as it is a reach to extract a three-way read from speedchuck about Epi, LC, and FZ (without clarifying what the reads are specifically) and determine that he knows too much.

Day 3 rainbow -- He departed from vague speedchuck suspicion and replaced it with vague JJJ suspicion.

~~~

Conclusion

There are a couple decent moments outnumbered by numerous questionable moments. I suspect LC more than I did before this exercise. His treatment of FZ and speedchuck has me considering the notion that both LC and FZ are bad and their exchanges in this game have been bullshit. It started with LC initiating suspicion of her and then going silent about it when she was almost lynched. It continued when he linked her to speedchuck based upon what I view as weak content, and then when he let her pass through day phase per her request. It's tinfoil perhaps and I welcome others' thoughts on the matter.

Independent of that I'd call LC a suspect given the prevalence of vague reads and the fact that outside FZ discussion he hasn't actually given much to this game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:It means that anyone can ask questions. I don't think I see anything civvie like in asking questions. It's a way to avoid being looked at, because you were only asking questions. You weren't really pointing the finger at me. The UN council comparison is a figure of speech meant to say you're on the fence. Not taking sides. I guess you'd have to be from where I am, to get that...Though you changed your behaviour since then. It actually worries me more, because it feels like it was a change done to please the critics.
Can you elaborate on JJJ's change and how it pleases the critics?
I think he has recently looked more active in hunting baddies. It is possible that he has found his footing in the game and is starting to become the civvie JJJ I've come to expect, but the way he acted in the early stages of the game is definitely not what I would expect from his civvie persona. First of all, he Vompattied and only started saying substantial stuff when a few people (including myself) said they want more from him. The thing is, when he came out of the Vompatti persona, his questions didn't feel like someone trying to really find baddies. It felt as though he's asking questions for the sake of looking like he's involved. Then, after the first day, MP gave this big post (which I admit I still haven't finished reading), which was a case on JJJ, and I said I agreed with him. MP was killed that night, and suddenly, JJJ started giving more. More accusations, more serious ISOs and stuff like that. Does JJJ usually take time to warm up? I remember him going strong from the get go.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Marmot wrote:Voting insertnamehere.
Why?
What's really the case against INH besides him not being around when it really matters?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

The notion that LC and I are team mates is laughable. I wonder if this is a way for you to distance yourself from him, by tying the two of us together. Because up until now, you were pretty indifferent to LC.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

This is really not a good week to mafia for me, but I'm really trying. Looks like we're already in the graveyard. Where the hell is everyone? I'm going out and will be back in about 4 hours, but won't have much time.

I'd like to hear the case on INH.
I'd like to hear more from Dizzy. No one answered me if they think if it's likely Dizzy as a baddie would try to lynch the person he thought was the cop, and not just try to NK him instead.
I'd really like Eloh to show up and grace us with her wisdom.

There are a few people I'm considering for the lynch, but I think we are getting to a point where a mistake could be crucial, and it needs to be discussed.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:I think he has recently looked more active in hunting baddies. It is possible that he has found his footing in the game and is starting to become the civvie JJJ I've come to expect, but the way he acted in the early stages of the game is definitely not what I would expect from his civvie persona. First of all, he Vompattied and only started saying substantial stuff when a few people (including myself) said they want more from him. The thing is, when he came out of the Vompatti persona, his questions didn't feel like someone trying to really find baddies. It felt as though he's asking questions for the sake of looking like he's involved. Then, after the first day, MP gave this big post (which I admit I still haven't finished reading), which was a case on JJJ, and I said I agreed with him. MP was killed that night, and suddenly, JJJ started giving more. More accusations, more serious ISOs and stuff like that. Does JJJ usually take time to warm up? I remember him going strong from the get go.
Your assessment of my play here and the circumstance of the game is patently false. Show me where people were demanding more from me before I ceased my Vompatti gag. To say I "suddenly started giving more" after MP is nonsense, visible enough in the fact that MP himself felt the effortful contributions I was giving when he was alive may not be sincere.

You're playing "meta" with a guy who opened the game as a character exactly opposite to his own usual methods. Vompatti is the antithesis of JJJ and that's what made it fun to do. You're implying that I did it with intent to hide and only emerged when I "had to", which is not a reflection of how this game has actually played out and I don't think you're capable of showing me otherwise.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Heists”