Blue Velvet Mafia {THE END}

Moderator: Community Team

What parts of the game do you feel worked?

Open BTSC + Traditional Mafia Teams
29%
Number of additional teams which slowly arose over the course of the game
21%
Night Event Polls
29%
Flavor Text in Posts/Graphics
21%
Something else {specify in post}
No votes

Total votes: 14
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 185

Re: Blue Velvet Mafia {DAY 4}

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:43 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:19 pm I was "treading carefully" because I scum player voting to protect another play on Day/Night 1 is a steaming pile of WIFOM. I gave it a "for now" because I'm in the beginning stages of my formulation of reads. I'm not jumping to a conclusion about Quin/Llama because literally all I've read of their interactions is llama's vote to protect Dyslexicon. What treasure troves of information should I pretend to have gathered from that?
I currently have zero information on their interactions. I hope to find new information by reading things that have already been said, if I feel like that's a thing I should do. Do you think that's a thing I should do?

I know this is nearly-end-game for you, but my thought processes are still in Day 1 mode. You seem to be treating me as if my reads should be as developed as yours.
It's Day 4. Your opinions should not be in Day 1 mode. If you had a problem keeping up (and I genuinely am sorry for your illness), you should have sought a replacement.

DyslexiQuin right now is my top suspect, and you gave him a pass because thellama73 voted to protect him because of "WIFOM City," as you put it. Isn't that what that is supposed to do? Why not look at Dyslexicon and Quin on your own and make a decision?
Do you really think this? :ponder:
Now, would I lie? :grin:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 79

Post by Quin »

I hope paraphrasing does not break the rules. It was an afterthought. Sorry.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 374

Post by DharmaHelper »

I guess you don't really want me to participate since you won't answer my question Epi.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:47 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:43 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:19 pm I was "treading carefully" because I scum player voting to protect another play on Day/Night 1 is a steaming pile of WIFOM. I gave it a "for now" because I'm in the beginning stages of my formulation of reads. I'm not jumping to a conclusion about Quin/Llama because literally all I've read of their interactions is llama's vote to protect Dyslexicon. What treasure troves of information should I pretend to have gathered from that?
I currently have zero information on their interactions. I hope to find new information by reading things that have already been said, if I feel like that's a thing I should do. Do you think that's a thing I should do?

I know this is nearly-end-game for you, but my thought processes are still in Day 1 mode. You seem to be treating me as if my reads should be as developed as yours.
It's Day 4. Your opinions should not be in Day 1 mode. If you had a problem keeping up (and I genuinely am sorry for your illness), you should have sought a replacement.

DyslexiQuin right now is my top suspect, and you gave him a pass because thellama73 voted to protect him because of "WIFOM City," as you put it. Isn't that what that is supposed to do? Why not look at Dyslexicon and Quin on your own and make a decision?
Do you really think this? :ponder:
Now, would I lie? :grin:
Because you are not nice.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:45 pm Epignosis is probably a civilian since he would have to be the dumbest bastard on earth to claim to have killed llama when he knew the person who actually did it.
Maybe all of the above?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:42 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:38 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:37 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:35 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:33 pm Phase 2 in Sherlock Mafia was "There are no more teams it is LMS now"

FWIW
I would like a little more effort from you.
I mean I caught Llama like days before anyone else so. :shrug:
Was he the only bad guy?
I would assume not.
Cool, then let's find the others. Why are you voting for me?
Because I feel pretty sure most of the other options are civs and it's a double lynch so I'm trying to maximize the chances of nailing a mafia
That doesn't answer the question. Why me? Your vote being on me suggests that I am the best option to you. Why? Who are these multitudinous civs?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Blue Velvet Mafia {NIGHT 1}

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:46 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:35 pm
How do you know what Wilgy was or was not thinking? There was nothing in the PM he sent me which contradicts any of this. Also, it's not even Wilgy's thoughts that matter here. It's SVS's. I think she would have reacted that way as scum or as town.
Look, I'm not voting S~V~S based on what Wilgy told you privately days ago. You could have said something to incriminate S~V~S then if you wanted to, but you didn't. You've posted every Day as far as I can see, and Wilgy was lynched ages ago. You could have said something. Now it just looks like you're trying to jumble together a case based on a PM a dead man sent you that nobody else can know if he sent or not. It's all very wild and full of hearsay. No thank you.
huh? No. I'm hardly using that PM to justify my vote. Pay more attention to the post I made highlighting SVS and llama's interactions. That's what I'm actually basing my vote on. I brought the Wilgy PM up now because, like you said, we're getting toward the end of the game. I didn't want to bring it up earlier when I wasn't fully involved in the game because I wouldn't have been able to follow up in any way, and I wasn't sure what would have been going on around me at the time. I'd honestly forgotten the contents of the message anyway. I had to check it after I had made my first couple posts about SVS. At that point I took an additional look at her posts to see what I could find that was relevant to what Wilgy had said to me on Day 1. That is all. It's not a crucial point and I never intended it to be so.
Fine, but I don't care about your S~V~S-llama interactions either. They're all circumstantial. There is no substance to them. If I need to go through breaking them down, I will, but I would rather not.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:48 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:35 pm

I would like a little more effort from you.
Was he the only bad guy?
I would assume not.
Because I feel pretty sure most of the other options are civs and it's a double lynch so I'm trying to maximize the chances of nailing a mafia
That doesn't answer the question. Why me? Your vote being on me suggests that I am the best option to you. Why? Who are these multitudinous civs?
I'm pretty much just winging it, mate. I don't think I'm mafia. I don't think LC is mafia because he made six different LMS deals and allegedly thought the game was LMS, which he would not have if his role PM included "Hey LLama is your teammate". Epi is probably a civilian. That closes the window significantly. Of those left, I haven't really seen anything to indicate suspicion. And it's a double lynch.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:50 pm
How do you know what Wilgy was or was not thinking? There was nothing in the PM he sent me which contradicts any of this. Also, it's not even Wilgy's thoughts that matter here. It's SVS's. I think she would have reacted that way as scum or as town.
Look, I'm not voting S~V~S based on what Wilgy told you privately days ago. You could have said something to incriminate S~V~S then if you wanted to, but you didn't. You've posted every Day as far as I can see, and Wilgy was lynched ages ago. You could have said something. Now it just looks like you're trying to jumble together a case based on a PM a dead man sent you that nobody else can know if he sent or not. It's all very wild and full of hearsay. No thank you.
huh? No. I'm hardly using that PM to justify my vote. Pay more attention to the post I made highlighting SVS and llama's interactions. That's what I'm actually basing my vote on. I brought the Wilgy PM up now because, like you said, we're getting toward the end of the game. I didn't want to bring it up earlier when I wasn't fully involved in the game because I wouldn't have been able to follow up in any way, and I wasn't sure what would have been going on around me at the time. I'd honestly forgotten the contents of the message anyway. I had to check it after I had made my first couple posts about SVS. At that point I took an additional look at her posts to see what I could find that was relevant to what Wilgy had said to me on Day 1. That is all. It's not a crucial point and I never intended it to be so.
Fine, but I don't care about your S~V~S-llama interactions either. They're all circumstantial. There is no substance to them. If I need to go through breaking them down, I will, but I would rather not.
I would like to hear any thoughts you have on SVS. You don't have to acknowledge any of the things I've said about her, I just want your own independent thoughts on her.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I could move off Sloonei onto someone else. I'm kinda wondering how far Speedchuck is going to take the "I do what DH Does" schtick. I had my suspicions of Dyslexicon but I thought they might be an Indie and not a mafia. IDK. Quin might be a good vote. IDK.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:52 pm

Was he the only bad guy?
I would assume not.
I'm pretty much just winging it, mate. I don't think I'm mafia. I don't think LC is mafia because he made six different LMS deals and allegedly thought the game was LMS, which he would not have if his role PM included "Hey LLama is your teammate". Epi is probably a civilian. That closes the window significantly. Of those left, I haven't really seen anything to indicate suspicion. And it's a double lynch.
So that leaves myself, speedchuck, quin, nutella, timmer, and SVS as suspects, correct? Can you think of anything substantial to say about any of those names?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:54 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:52 pm

Was he the only bad guy?
I would assume not.
So that leaves myself, speedchuck, quin, nutella, timmer, and SVS as suspects, correct? Can you think of anything substantial to say about any of those names?
Speedchuck's whole stuck-to-my-hip thing is kinda starting to wear thin and I had earlier suspicions of Dyslexicon whom Quin replaced. Everyone else I don't really have much to say about. If SVS *Is* bad that would make me sad.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:54 pm I could move off Sloonei onto someone else. I'm kinda wondering how far Speedchuck is going to take the "I do what DH Does" schtick. I had my suspicions of Dyslexicon but I thought they might be an Indie and not a mafia. IDK. Quin might be a good vote. IDK.
I am neither indy, mafia or a good vote.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

See now statistically between the two of you someone's got to be blowing smoke.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:00 pm See now statistically between the two of you someone's got to be blowing smoke.
I have never smoked, either. Tell me why this is a statistic.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Blue Velvet Mafia {DAY 3}

Post by Sloonei »

Quin, talk about this succession of posts:
Quin wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:31 pm llama did not vote for alignment reveals.
Quin wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:09 pm I figured I'd take a look at llamas posts to see what's going on there. I don't really see anything that leads me to read him any way or another. I do notice that he mentioned making a deal, and I don't know what's up with that.
Quin wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:13 pm I don't reject the idea that a distracted llama might kill a heavily suspected person, but with 6 votes on him already, I'm not inclined to vote there. My other top of mind options are Epignosis or LC.
Quin wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:08 pm Reiterating that llama chose to vote for double voting or something over alignment reveals last night. I remember a baddie doing something along these lines happening in The Office, and I didn't pursue it then. So yeah, gut scum read for that.

A gripe I have with Long Con is that he's been vocalising his suspicion of Epi since Day 1, but it was only on Day 3 that he started to discuss it with people who were not Epi. On top of that, he only did that when Sloonei cued him to do so. I don't get the impression he really believes in his case.
First you take note of an odd Llama moment. Then you drop it a few days later, do a quick ISO of llama and come up with nothing conclusive and denounce the wagon that's starting to form against him, but an hour later you're suddenly on that wagon for the initial oddity you had observed two days earlier. You think this computes over here?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sprityo
Ricochet
Spacedaisy

All three kills, all three pretty much useless. The mafia (even without llama) are not paying attention and/or have no idea who to kill.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mkay see there you go Sloonei and do you think you'd be making those good, good points if I hadn't voted for you and lit that fire under your ass :beer:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm interested in Nutella as a player right now. Her Process of Elimination magic has whittled the game down to three possible baddies occupying two available spots. There does not seem to be a whole lot of suspicion around her. If I'm not misreading things, she almost seems like a trusted player to some degree. I've seen her as an excellent townie in past games. If she says she is confident that 2 out of 3 players are scum, and I am one of those three players, then that is something I am going to take interest in. Like I said before, if she is right then I have a 100% chance of voting for scum today by following her.

So what do we think of nutella's thought process? And could you provide more elaboration now, nutella?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:04 pm Quin, talk about this succession of posts:
Quin wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:09 pm I figured I'd take a look at llamas posts to see what's going on there. I don't really see anything that leads me to read him any way or another. I do notice that he mentioned making a deal, and I don't know what's up with that.
Quin wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:13 pm I don't reject the idea that a distracted llama might kill a heavily suspected person, but with 6 votes on him already, I'm not inclined to vote there. My other top of mind options are Epignosis or LC.
Quin wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:08 pm Reiterating that llama chose to vote for double voting or something over alignment reveals last night. I remember a baddie doing something along these lines happening in The Office, and I didn't pursue it then. So yeah, gut scum read for that.

A gripe I have with Long Con is that he's been vocalising his suspicion of Epi since Day 1, but it was only on Day 3 that he started to discuss it with people who were not Epi. On top of that, he only did that when Sloonei cued him to do so. I don't get the impression he really believes in his case.
First you take note of an odd Llama moment. Then you drop it a few days later, do a quick ISO of llama and come up with nothing conclusive and denounce the wagon that's starting to form against him, but an hour later you're suddenly on that wagon for the initial oddity you had observed two days earlier. You think this computes over here?
I don't know where you got the idea that I dropped it. Where did I say that I dropped it? It was a big reason as to why I suspected llama in the first place. Another thing you've got wrong. I thought the existing cases against llama were good. But with 5 people on the wagon before even halfway through the day and more being added onto it, I was hesitant because it seemed like an obvious runaway.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:05 pm Sprityo
Ricochet
Spacedaisy

All three kills, all three pretty much useless. The mafia (even without llama) are not paying attention and/or have no idea who to kill.
This is a good reason to suspect me, I don't object. It also seems like it could be a good reason to suspect SVS and Quin. Cool.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:10 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:05 pm Sprityo
Ricochet
Spacedaisy

This is a good reason to suspect me, I don't object. It also seems like it could be a good reason to suspect SVS and Quin. Cool.
No it's not. I've been here.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I subbed in after sprityo was killed, and Dizzy wasn't inactive on Day 1. So explain why these set of night kills makes me look bad, Sloonei.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:04 pm Quin, talk about this succession of posts:

I don't know where you got the idea that I dropped it. Where did I say that I dropped it? It was a big reason as to why I suspected llama in the first place. Another thing you've got wrong. I thought the existing cases against llama were good. But with 5 people on the wagon before even halfway through the day and more being added onto it, I was hesitant because it seemed like an obvious runaway.
The bolded text is where I got the idea that you dropped your suspicion of llama. Where I come from, "I don't really see anything that leads me to read him any way or another" is not a statement of suspicion. Your post trajectory reads like this: Mildly suspicious of llama -[2 days pass]-> Neutral on llama -> opposed to lynching llama -> quietly return to original suspicion of llama an hour later.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Spicy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:13 pm I subbed in after sprityo was killed, and Dizzy wasn't inactive on Day 1. So explain why these set of night kills makes me look bad, Sloonei.
Have you not stated elsewhere that you're having trouble getting caught up in this game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:15 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:13 pm I subbed in after sprityo was killed, and Dizzy wasn't inactive on Day 1. So explain why these set of night kills makes me look bad, Sloonei.
Have you not stated elsewhere that you're having trouble getting caught up in this game?
No. I just stated that I wasn't going to play catch-up.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 pm

The bolded text is where I got the idea that you dropped your suspicion of llama. Where I come from, "I don't really see anything that leads me to read him any way or another" is not a statement of suspicion. Your post trajectory reads like this: Mildly suspicious of llama -[2 days pass]-> Neutral on llama -> opposed to lynching llama -> quietly return to original suspicion of llama an hour later.
His posts didn't give me any reason to read him one way or another. Does that help you?
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:16 pm
Which suggests some degree of blindness to events in the thread, no?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:17 pm

His posts didn't give me any reason to read him one way or another. Does that help you?
A little bit but not enough. You're still opposed to his lynch in those middle two posts, but in favor of it in the two on opposite ends of the chain. If you continued to be suspicious of llama for his vote, then why did you neglect this in your read of llama in those other two posts?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

How do you feel about nutella, Quin? The mafia player, not the hazelnut spread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:17 pm
Yes, but unless all of my teammates are as misinformed as I am, that won't affect the night kill choices. If I'm bad and all my teammates are misinformed, then I'm going to figure out what's going on, aren't I?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Yes, but unless all of my teammates are as misinformed as I am, that won't affect the night kill choices. If I'm bad and all my teammates are misinformed, then I'm going to figure out what's going on, aren't I?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:19 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:17 pm

A little bit but not enough. You're still opposed to his lynch in those middle two posts, but in favor of it in the two on opposite ends of the chain. If you continued to be suspicious of llama for his vote, then why did you neglect this in your read of llama in those other two posts?
Wary. Not opposed. I'm not going to constantly reiterate my suspicion whenever I mention someone.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 103

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:54 pmI'm kinda wondering how far Speedchuck is going to take the "I do what DH Does" schtick.
Try me.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Blue Velvet Mafia {DAY 1}

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:46 pm
timmer wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:59 pm My catch-up took all of about 3 minutes, but when I read my role PM it made it pretty clear that I'm a good guy, thus I too am skeptical of LC not knowing there were civs and others in the game. Barring developments, that is a pretty sizeable Day 1 ping.
I suspect timmer for this post. My role card came in with my character name, a whole load of flavour and then my super definitely town alignment as a side note at the very end. It was not 'pretty clear'. There is room to forgive LC for his LMS thought process.
What made you just pull this out of nowhere? Playing the "convincingly civ description of my role card" card, four game days after timmer's post but fairly soon after I said it's a major reason I trust him? :disappoint:

Wheewww yeah this series of posts by Quin really stinks to high heavens.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:09 pm I'm interested in Nutella as a player right now. Her Process of Elimination magic has whittled the game down to three possible baddies occupying two available spots. There does not seem to be a whole lot of suspicion around her. If I'm not misreading things, she almost seems like a trusted player to some degree. I've seen her as an excellent townie in past games. If she says she is confident that 2 out of 3 players are scum, and I am one of those three players, then that is something I am going to take interest in. Like I said before, if she is right then I have a 100% chance of voting for scum today by following her.

So what do we think of nutella's thought process? And could you provide more elaboration now, nutella?
I'm trying to let up a bit on the POE and open up to a couple other possibilities of players who could be fooling me, like speedchuck or DH maybe. I could turn my previously rather black-and-white list into a more nuanced rainbow if you like.

BTW, is it just me or has LC completely dropped off the face of the earth? (As has SVS obviously.)
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:20 pm
I don't know the answer to this question, but it seems a little contrived. I don't know much about what you've done in this game period. I just know that, as a replacement, you're one of the less informed players left, along with myself. This means you would fit into DharmaHelper's criteria for suspicion. Note that it's not my criteria for suspicion. I never said I agree with the assessment, just that it's fair to say that either of us are suspicious if one is using DH's thought process.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 103

Post by speedchuck »

Rainbow without color:

Nutella
Epignosis
Timmer
LC
DH
Quin
SVS
Sloonei

Is that really all the players? wow.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:26 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:20 pm
I don't know the answer to this question, but it seems a little contrived. I don't know much about what you've done in this game period. I just know that, as a replacement, you're one of the less informed players left, along with myself. This means you would fit into DharmaHelper's criteria for suspicion. Note that it's not my criteria for suspicion. I never said I agree with the assessment, just that it's fair to say that either of us are suspicious if one is using DH's thought process.
That's too bad. If you're not bad, it sounds like DH needs a new criteria.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Blue Velvet Mafia {DAY 1}

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:25 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:46 pm
timmer wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:59 pm My catch-up took all of about 3 minutes, but when I read my role PM it made it pretty clear that I'm a good guy, thus I too am skeptical of LC not knowing there were civs and others in the game. Barring developments, that is a pretty sizeable Day 1 ping.
I suspect timmer for this post. My role card came in with my character name, a whole load of flavour and then my super definitely town alignment as a side note at the very end. It was not 'pretty clear'. There is room to forgive LC for his LMS thought process.
What made you just pull this out of nowhere? Playing the "convincingly civ description of my role card" card, four game days after timmer's post but fairly soon after I said it's a major reason I trust him? :disappoint:

Wheewww yeah this series of posts by Quin really stinks to high heavens.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:09 pm I'm interested in Nutella as a player right now. Her Process of Elimination magic has whittled the game down to three possible baddies occupying two available spots. There does not seem to be a whole lot of suspicion around her. If I'm not misreading things, she almost seems like a trusted player to some degree. I've seen her as an excellent townie in past games. If she says she is confident that 2 out of 3 players are scum, and I am one of those three players, then that is something I am going to take interest in. Like I said before, if she is right then I have a 100% chance of voting for scum today by following her.

I'm trying to let up a bit on the POE and open up to a couple other possibilities of players who could be fooling me, like speedchuck or DH maybe. I could turn my previously rather black-and-white list into a more nuanced rainbow if you like.

BTW, is it just me or has LC completely dropped off the face of the earth? (As has SVS obviously.)
Okay, ice cream sandwich.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Timmer
Long Con
Epignosis
DharmaHelper
Speedchuck
Sloonei
S~V~S
Quin
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:23 pm Wary. Not opposed. I'm not going to constantly reiterate my suspicion whenever I mention someone.
Snipped.
This still does not address the essence of my point, which is that you seemed to totally ignore your supposed suspicion of llama when composing those middle two posts. If you had a substantial reason to vote for llama, why make two posts in which you directly oppose the lynch? By "oppose" I mean you took a stance which was contrary to the act of voting for him. You can say that you were wary of the bandwagon and this is true. But this does not change the observable fact that you have two posts which are opposed to the idea of lynching llama, sandwiched between two posts in which you support his lynch.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:27 pm Rainbow without color:

Nutella
Epignosis
Timmer
LC
DH
Quin
SVS
Sloonei

When I asked you why I was your top suspect (or at least the recipient of your vote) earlier, you said it was because you were following DH (who is currently plopped right in the middle of this list). Is that still the case, or do you have a substantial reason to choose me over Quin and SVS?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:30 pm Timmer
Long Con
Epignosis
DharmaHelper
Speedchuck
Sloonei
S~V~S
Quin
I'm interested in Speedchuck and DH here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:31 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:23 pm Wary. Not opposed. I'm not going to constantly reiterate my suspicion whenever I mention someone.
Snipped.
This still does not address the essence of my point, which is that you seemed to totally ignore your supposed suspicion of llama when composing those middle two posts. If you had a substantial reason to vote for llama, why make two posts in which you directly oppose the lynch? By "oppose" I mean you took a stance which was contrary to the act of voting for him. You can say that you were wary of the bandwagon and this is true. But this does not change the observable fact that you have two posts which are opposed to the idea of lynching llama, sandwiched between two posts in which you support his lynch.
Post 1 - The llama case was only just being formed. I figured it was noteworthy, for the reason I explained in Post 4, so I mentioned it.
Post 2 - Not an opposition. Not a support. I read his posts, and there was fluff.
Post 3 - I can support the llama case, but it's a runaway, so I'm wary.
Post 4 - I elaborate on Post 1. I'm cool with it.

I do not know how best to explain this further.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:32 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:27 pm Rainbow without color:

Nutella
Epignosis
Timmer
LC
DH
Quin
SVS
Sloonei

When I asked you why I was your top suspect (or at least the recipient of your vote) earlier, you said it was because you were following DH (who is currently plopped right in the middle of this list). Is that still the case, or do you have a substantial reason to choose me over Quin and SVS?
a thing i am currently interested in.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:20 pm How do you feel about nutella, Quin? The mafia player, not the hazelnut spread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:20 pm How do you feel about nutella, Quin? The mafia player, not the hazelnut spread.
I am unimpressed by the context in which she first voted for me. For reference, it was that 'look me in the eyes' thing. I agree with Epi's thoughts that she's less likely to be bad since she called Epi out on his lie rather than keeping it to her team, though.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:52 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:50 pm
I would like to hear any thoughts you have on SVS. You don't have to acknowledge any of the things I've said about her, I just want your own independent thoughts on her.
Civilian. I already said why. Go read. ;)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:30 pm Timmer
Long Con
Epignosis
DharmaHelper
Speedchuck
Sloonei