[ENDGAME] Seinfeld Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Which theme should be next in my TV sitcom Heist series?

Friends [Sockpuppets]
44%
Friends [Regular Accounts]
22%
Malcolm in the Middle [Sockpuppets]
No votes
Malcolm in the Middle [Regular Accounts]
No votes
Scrubs [Sockpuppets]
22%
Scrubs [Regular Accounts]
No votes
OTHER (please post suggestion in-thread) [Sockpuppets]
No votes
OTHER (please post suggestion in-thread) [Regular Accounts]
No votes
I don't care!
11%

Total votes: 9
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

[ENDGAME] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Seinfeld Mafia

The third in a series of six TV sitcom themed games hosted by your resident Sockian host
A game for 14 players

What-If Machine:
Spoiler: show

Role Index:
Beloved Princess - If killed, the subsequent Day phase is skipped.
1-Shot Bulletproof - This player survives the first attempt on his/her life.
Cop w/ n0 peek - This player receives an alignment check on a randomly selected town player to start the game. This player also has the ability to select a player of his/her choice to ID (alignment check) every night.
1-Shot Cop - Same as Cop w/ n0 peek, but no n0 peek and one-time use.
1-Shot Cop w/ n0 peek - Same as Cop w/ n0 peek, but one-time use.
2-Shot Cop - Same as Cop w/ n0 peek, but no n0 peek and two-time use.
Doctor - This player may protect another player of his/her choice from nightkills every night.
2-Shot Doctor - Same as Doctor, but a two-time use.
1-Shot Doublevoter - For one day period of his/her choice, this player may make its vote worth two instead of one.
Jailkeeper - This player may simultaneously role block and protect another player of his/her choice from nightkills every night.
Roleblocker - This player may block another player of his/her choice every night.
2-Shot Roleblocker - Same as Roleblocker, but a two-time use.
Tracker - This player may track another player of his/her choice every night, seeing whom the tracked player targeted, if anyone.
1-Shot Tracker - Same as Tracker, but a one-time use only.
2-Shot Tracker - Same as Tracker, but a two-time use.
Tree Stump - This player cannot vote, but he/she also cannot be killed.
Watcher - This player may watch another player of his/her choice to track every night, seeing who targeted the watched player, if anyone.
2-Shot Watcher - Same as Watcher, but a two-time use.
3-Shot Watcher - Same as Watcher, but a three-time use.
Vanilla Civilian - This player has no role power.
1-Shot Vilgiante - This player has the ability to execute a one-time nightkill.
2-Shot Vilgiante - Same as 1-Shot Vigilante, but two-time.

1-Shot Doublevoter - For one day period of his/her choice, this player may make its vote worth two instead of one.
Godfather - If checked by a cop, this player appears as civilian instead of mafioso.
1-Shot Ninja - This player cannot be tracked or watched during one night of his/her choice.
Revenge Killer - When lynched, this player kills another randomly selected civilian who voted for him/her.
Roleblocker - This player may block another player of his/her choice every night.
1-Shot Roleblocker - Same as Roleblocker, but a one-time use.
2-Shot Roleblocker - Same as Roleblocker, but a two-time use.
1-Shot Role Cop - This player has the ability to select a player of his/her choice to role check once in the game.
2-Shot Role Cop - This player has the ability to select a player of his/her choice to role check twice in the game.
1-Shot Strongman - If executing the nightkill, the kill cannot be blocked or protected, one-time use.
Vanilla Mafioso - This player has no role power.
1-Shot Vigilante - This player has the ability to execute a one-time nightkill.

Game Rules and Procedures:
Gameplay
1. Days are 48 hours. The thread will be open and all players should post.
2. Nights are 24 hours. The thread will be open and all players may post.
3. All game conversation must take place in the thread unless you have specifically been given BTSC (see: Rules).
4. All votes must be cast in the poll to count. It is considered standard and good form to post at the time of your vote and indicate your vote with bold/underline. Your host would very much appreciate that you do this, so please do so, but it is not necessary for your vote to count.
5. All votes are changeable. You may change your vote as many times as you wish up until the vote's deadline.
6. All lynch ties will be decided randomly.
7. Roleplaying is heavily encouraged. As a group we will be awarding Best Roleplay to a player at the end of the game for best character roleplay.
8. In addition to Best Roleplay, we will also be awarding MVP to a player at the end of the game for best in-game performance. Play your best! Impress your friends and your enemies!
9. All roles have been assigned randomly, and all characters have been assigned without consideration for role or alignment. Please note that this means evil characters in the show could be town and good characters in the show could be mafia. Character and alignment are not at all related.
10. If your faction wins, you win, regardless of whether you are dead or alive at endgame. Do your best! Fight for your faction's win condition. Players who fail to meet participation criteria (see: Participation) may be denied a win.

Rules
1. Be respectful and remember that this is a game. Although mafia is a game of deception and can be rather heated, recognize that the game is not personal and that your friends may be lying to you in the spirit of the game. Please treat your fellow players with respect, even if you suspect or strongly disagree with them. If you are upset or in conflict with other player(s), don't be disrespectful to them and derail the game, instead contact the Game Facilitator, juliets.
2. No BTSC (Behind the Scenes Contact/Conversation) with anyone other than your specified BTSC partners.
3. No editing or deleting of posts.
4. Role outing of yourself and others, whether true or false, is permitted and encouraged. This includes statements such as "Bob Sacamano is Mafiaoso", "I am the cop", etc. Dump any role-related information into the thread as you wish.
5. This is a sockpuppet game, which is meant to conceal the true identity of the users playing. Let's all keep in character and not turn the game of mafia into "guess who's under each sock in the thread!" or "tell me your true identity!"; that would be against the nature of the sockpuppet aspect of this game, so don't do it. If you have your suspicions as to who a player might be, keep them to yourself.
6. No self-voting, even as a placeholder. This is considered an illegal move in this game as much as voting for the non-player option. There is an "Unvote" option for a vote placeholder.
7. Dead players should not post on-topic and any posts made should be in dead red. There is a "dead" code for this function.
8. Off-topic posts should be in off-topic green. There is an "OT" code for this function.
9. Posts from non-players should be in non-player blue. There is a "np" code for this function.
10. This is MovingPictures07's host color. All of his host posts will be in this color. Don't use it!

Participation
The following behavior constitutes non-participation:
- If you do not post for more than 72 consecutive hours.
- If you do not cast a vote in 2 or more lynches.
If you meet either of these criteria, I will try to seek a replacement and forcibly replace you from the game if possible, though I will warn you via PM of this before taking action. You also may be ineligible to win if your faction wins, per my discretion as the game host. If at any time you are afraid you cannot fulfill participation in this game due to any reason, please PM me immediately explaining your situation or requesting a replacement. The game is much more enjoyable for all of us if you all are playing it, so please do so!

Game Facilitator:
The Game Facilitator for this game is [mention]Kramer[/mention] (our resident [mention]Spacedaisy[/mention]) [previously [mention]juliets[/mention] up through mid-Day 2]. Please PM her with any grievances or concerns you may have at any time, notably including conflicts with other players. Keep the thread fun and clean of emotionally-charged drama or conflicts; PM Spacedaisy instead. She is there for any of your questions or concerns not strictly related to game or role mechanics. We want to keep this game as fun as possible for everyone. Thanks!

Living Players: (3)
[mention]George Costanza[/mention] - posts
[mention]Jerry Seinfeld[/mention] - posts
[mention]Uncle Leo[/mention] - posts

Dead Players: (11)
[mention]Newman[/mention] - posts - Vanilla Civilian - Lynched on Day 1
[mention]Kramer[/mention] - posts - Vanilla Civilian - Killed on Night 1
[mention]David Puddy[/mention] - posts - Vanilla Civilian - Lynched on Day 2
[mention]Estelle Costanza[/mention] - posts - Vanilla Civilian - Killed on Night 2
[mention]Jackie Chiles[/mention] - posts - Vanilla Mafiaoso - Lynched on Day 3
[mention]The Soup Nazi[/mention] - posts - Vanilla Civilian - Killed on Night 3
[mention]Tim Whatley[/mention] - posts - Vanilla Mafiaoso - Lynched on Day 4 - [replaced [mention]Kenny Bania[/mention] - posts on Day 2]
[mention]Elaine Benes[/mention] - posts - Civilian 2-Shot Tracker - Killed on Night 4
[mention]Frank Costanza[/mention] - posts - Vanilla Civilian - Lynched on Day 5
[mention]George Steinbrenner[/mention] - posts - Civilian 2-Shot Cop - Killed on Night 5
[mention]J Peterman[/mention] - posts - Mafia Godfather - Lynched on Day 6
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: [NIGHT 0] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 0

Jerry, George, Elaine, and Kramer at the hospital.

Jerry: So she was just lying there.
George: ...yeah.
Elaine: I wonder what happened?
George: I don't know...

Enter the Doctor.

Doctor: Excuse me... are you the husband?
George: Well, not yet. Fiance.
Doctor: I'm sorry... she's gone.
George: ...what's that?
Doctor: She expired.
George: ...are you sure?
Doctor: Yes, of course.
George: So... she's dead?
Doctor: Yes.
George: ...huh.
Doctor: Now I must tell you... unfortunately, it seems she was poisoned.
George: ...poisoned?!
Doctor: Yes.

It is now Day 1. You have 48 hours to lynch a player responsible for the death of Susan Ross.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: [DAY 1] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Paprika »

Giddyup!
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Kent Brockman »

Seinfeld mafia. High five!
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 389
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Do you know what this is all about? Do you know why we're here?

To be playing mafia, this is playing. And playing is one of the single most enjoyable experiences of life.

You know how many people talk about "we should go play mafia"? This is what they're talking about.

This whole thing, we're all playing mafia now, no one is doing something else. Not one person here is doing something else, we're all playing mafia.

There are people trying to spend time with us, they don't know where we are.

"Did you rea --"

"I can't find 'em"

"Where'd they go?"

"They didn't tell me what they were doing."

"They must be playing mafia."

You wanna play mafia, you get ready, you sign up to play, you check your role card, get all ready...

You open the thread, you read the posts, you see the jokes, accusations, and assertions.

And you're standing around, whaddya do, you go "we gotta be doing something else."

Once you're playing mafia you wanna be doing something else.

You wanna go to sleep, you wanna get up, you wanna play mafia again tomorrow right?

Wherever you are in life, it's my feeling, you've gotta play.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hello everybody! I just wanted to poke my head in and say "hi". MP has already explained my role so I'll just add please don't hesitate to contact me if you need to vent or are having any issues at all with game play. I'm usually online EDT early in the morning off and on from 5 am - 7:45 am and then from 1:30 or 2:30 pm through the rest of the day. I usually go to bed about 10 pm. PM me any time and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Have a great game!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Paul Stevens »

Welcome, newcomers! The tradition of Mafia begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people what killed Susan, and now you're gonna hear about it!
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Frank Costanza wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:27 pm Welcome, newcomers! The tradition of Mafia begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people what killed Susan, and now you're gonna hear about it!
No. I thought long and hard about it, but no.

You're just not spongeworthy.
November
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 199

Post by November »

Poison, huh? That's a bad way to go, poison. I thought I was poisoned once. Turned out just to be a bad chimichanga. They told me not to overdo it with the cheese, but Big Stein needs his cheese, folks! I tell you, I was down for the count. Spent the night in a hospital bed, I thought I saw the light! Now, no more chimichangas for me. It's calzones or it's nothing. Gotta have them just right. Hot, not too hot. Those Italians know how to cook. You think the calzone place is a front for the mafia? Big Stein doesn't need that, but he needs his calzone! Where's Costanza?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Uncle Leo? That's a mobster's name if I've ever heard one! Big Tony, there's another. But I don't see a Big Tony here, and I don't trust this Uncle Leo. What's he hiding? Big Stein's getting nervous!
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Echo »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:24 pm Uncle Leo? That's a mobster's name if I've ever heard one! Big Tony, there's another. But I don't see a Big Tony here, and I don't trust this Uncle Leo. What's he hiding? Big Stein's getting nervous!
I find your assertion egregious, unscrupulous, and atrocious! A clear case of prejudicial name-alignment-assignment.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Jackie Chiles wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:25 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:24 pm Uncle Leo? That's a mobster's name if I've ever heard one! Big Tony, there's another. But I don't see a Big Tony here, and I don't trust this Uncle Leo. What's he hiding? Big Stein's getting nervous!
I find your assertion egregious, unscrupulous, and atrocious! A clear case of prejudicial name-alignment-assignment.
Yeah, that's right.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Yeah, that's right.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

I'm not sorry for the double post.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Chuck »

Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

David Puddy wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:12 am I'm not sorry for the double post.
You double-posting? Who told you to double post? I didn't tell you to double post. Why'd you double post? If you're gonna double-post, I wanna see double information.

:grin: I'm gonna have to get me a bowl of that mulligatawny. Mmmm-MMM! Love that Indian flavour.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Medium mulligatawny, here you go.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

David Puddy wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:11 am
Yeah, that's right.
Hey, what's the story? I hear you're doing my move.

I gotta vote for this guy. Can't even fix my car and he's doing my move.

I got a date with Laura tonight. I'm outta here.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Larry David »

Poisoner - you're out of control. You need help. But I know what you're going through. I, too, once fell under the spell of poison. It was 1979. I was traveling the Yangtze in search of a Mongolian horsehair vest. I had gotten to the market after sundown. All of the clothing traders had gone. But a different sort of trader lurked about. "Just a taste," he said. That was all it took.

The toll road of denial is a long and dangerous one, poisoner. The price? Your soul.

Oh, and by the way, you have 'til the end of the day to clear out your things. You're lynch bait.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Alright people, let's go, chop chop.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Paul Stevens »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:00 pm Alright people, let's go, chop chop.
Don't get smart with me, Puffy Shirt man! Although now that I think about it, I haven't heard a peep from my good-for-nothing son. Stop crying and fight your father!

Estelle too, get in here.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Saito »

hi
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Kenny Bania wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:22 pmhi

No no, Bania. You're going to say more than that. This is the mafia game.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

You can't have a Mafia game without talking. What's a Mafia game without talking? I'll tell you what it is - a whole lotta nothing! Vapid, vacant, vacuous!
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Paprika »

Look at us, getting things goin'. Yep, we're T.C.B. You know, takin' care o' business.

Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

David Puddy is confirmed mafia.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

"Oh, I'm in a sock, so that means nobody knows who I am and I can feel secure about doing nothing all game long."

:suspish:
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:26 pm David Puddy is confirmed mafia.
Incorrect. I'm an upstanding member of society.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

I'm a fair man. I just call 'em like I see them. This Uncle Leo hasn't shown his face. What do we know about him? His name! I can't do much with that. You said yourself, we can't have a game if we don't have talking. Big Stein's talking about Uncle Leo, but Uncle Leo's not talking. What do you think he has to hide? Narcotics? Or is he a mob hitman? I try to keep my nose out of that business. I'm a Yankee through and through. But they're telling me I have to catch them here. Big Stein's pretty little nose is in it now! So I'm gonna put up a fight, let me tell you, Mr. Chiles! If Big Stein's going down he's going down swinging!
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

David Puddy wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:31 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:26 pm David Puddy is confirmed mafia.
Incorrect. I'm an upstanding member of society.
A man's only as good as his word, David. Why should I believe you? I deal with yesmen all day long. I like to think I'm a good judge of character. You don't win 27 World Series championships otherwise! I can't make heads or tails of you right now. You say you're upstanding. I'll need to see it to believe it!
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Grand Scheme »

I'm a United States Postal worker and innocent of any other crime.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Hello... Newman.

Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:27 pm Hello... Newman.

Hello... Jerry.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Principal Skinner »

HELLO!

I was with Jerry’s cousin Jeffrey. You know Jeffrey, he works for the parks department? He would have this whole thing figured out quick.

How many times do I have to tell you all that my past is not who I am these days. It was a crime of passion! I never knew this Susan.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have an Asian woman waiting for me.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Lunatella »

Wow
So many roleplaying
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

I have yet to see an episode of Seinfield, so I cannot roleplay. Why do I sign up? Because I wanna play here. Tonereading RP will be a challenge for sure.
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Jerry is prolly my only villaread so far. Tonally good and flowing well.
Lunalee
nutella
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:07 pm
JAMBALAYA!!!!
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Changed my vote to Newman. I haven't got my mail in weeks! I go to the post office, they say, "Your mail's been delivered", but I don't see any mail. I'm waiting for a package! Supposed to be one of those remote controlled racing cars. You ever see one of those? They say you can drive them all around with a little button! Supposed to be incredible!
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Saito »

ok
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Ok. Is that all you have to say for yourself? "Ok"? That's good to get you fired around here! What do you feel ok about? You think we're on to something? Or maybe you'll just agree with anything to move the vote along! We can't tolerate that kind of behavior in the Yankee organization, Bania! Speak up or I'll be forced to take action on you. You don't want to be on Big Stein's bad side!
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

It was my understanding that George Costanza poisoned his fiancée with envelope glue. Despicable, degenerate, deplorable! He'll get my vote.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I can't tolerate anyone with the George role failing to show up and role play. Vote.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Of the people who've posted, I'm most willing to lynch Bania or Kramer.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Hi, I'm George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Ya know, we're living in a society! We're supposed to act in a civilized way!
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

I'll tell you one thing for sure-- the two who voted for me as a cheap throwaway vote are definitely getting my vote returned to them at some point in this game. You think I'd intentionally kill my own fiancée? I AM NOT A MONSTER, I AM A COSTANZA, LORD OF THE IDIOTS!
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Sorry for yesterday's absence. Believe it or not, George isn't at home, please leave a message at the beep. I must be out, or I'd pick up the phone.
Where could I be? Believe it or not, I'm not home.

Return to “Previous Heists”