[ENDGAME] Seinfeld Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Which theme should be next in my TV sitcom Heist series?

Friends [Sockpuppets]
44%
Friends [Regular Accounts]
22%
Malcolm in the Middle [Sockpuppets]
No votes
Malcolm in the Middle [Regular Accounts]
No votes
Scrubs [Sockpuppets]
22%
Scrubs [Regular Accounts]
No votes
OTHER (please post suggestion in-thread) [Sockpuppets]
No votes
OTHER (please post suggestion in-thread) [Regular Accounts]
No votes
I don't care!
11%

Total votes: 9
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 389
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Re: [NIGHT 3] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Julinook »

Elaine Benes wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:40 pmHow do you know he wasn't present? Just because you post doesn't mean you aren't present.
I suppose he could have been. He hadn't posted for a while at EOD and I can't see names down there.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Re: [DAY 3] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Julinook »

Tim Whatley wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:10 pm I'm also speculative of Elaine' s claim. Ever hear the tale of the boy who cried wolf?

Linki - I guess we'll see.

Elaine raises a good point about Whatley's vote. He didn't seem entirely convinced in the moment by the claim, but still made the sound vote which ensured at least a tie (once Jackie voted in self-preservation). That's a nice thing. He'd given himself an excuse to vote elsewhere if he wanted to, but didn't.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Elaine Benes wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:14 pm In case I kick it, I don't suspect Frank at all. I have the merest eye-twich suspicion of Jerry. I don't suspect Stein. I mostly suspect Peterman (my suspicion of Jerry would increase if Peterman is bad, because this would mean Jerry loved Jackie and is now muting any suspicion of Peterman), and I mostly suspect George. The Soup Nazi is probably all right, even though he can blow it out his ass. Tim Whatley is yadda yadda yadda.
How d'you feel about Leo?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 3

Spoiler: show
While on his way to the airport for his move to Argentina, The Soup Nazi was murdered in a horrific car accident.

The Soup Nazi has been killed.

He was Ricochet and...
Vanilla Civilian

It is now Day 4.

You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Re: [DAY 4] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Julinook »

Okay then. I'm going to hope that was an ill-advised attempt to cast suspicion upon Elaine and Steinbrenner, because it'd make me chuckle.

Later Soupochet.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

No soup for any of us.

That was the most boneheaded kill I've ever seen.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

This does increase Frank's chance of being mafia to 20%, however.

*eats another Pez*
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

George, your hair IS FAKE.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Sure I'll do a George vote.
November
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 199

Post by November »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:14 pm Sure I'll do a George vote.
You announced towards the end of Day 3 that you would not be voting for George. I assume that your interactive read between George and Jackie has a lot to do with your change of heart. What are the key points at the root of your George suspicion. Why is he your preferred lynch right now over everyone else?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Voting for Peterman because we can't all lump our votes in the same place.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Frank Costanza wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:07 pm ESTELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!?!?!?!?!?!?

No! It can't be! My wife is dead because of you animals! She would drive me up a wall, but she was being quiet around you people, and now someone thought it was worth shutting her up even more.

Only people she mentioned before she passed that might get up to such a thing were Jerry, David Puddy (who I agreed with), the lawyer, and George. She even put in a good word for the Soup Man! The Soup Nazi, who people think is as bad as the actual Nazis!

SERENITY NOW!

I gotta take a breather. Right now, my gut says there's something in looking at those mentions, but I don't know what yet.
If Frank is the godfather then he knew about Estelle's death beforehand and this reaction was likely pre-planned to some degree. Reading it, I could see that being the case, but it does not have to be so. There'd be a very clear intent to direct suspicion against the players listed here, but I don't recall Frank following through much on this at all.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Mr. Steinbrenner needs to relieve himself from some of the pressures of scum hunting while his beloved Yankees battle for an American League pennant. He's entrusted me, some intern or something, with a portion of his responsibilities here.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:03 am
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:14 pm Sure I'll do a George vote.
You announced towards the end of Day 3 that you would not be voting for George. I assume that your interactive read between George and Jackie has a lot to do with your change of heart. What are the key points at the root of your George suspicion. Why is he your preferred lynch right now over everyone else?
I had a pile of people I was considering voting for, and George was the only one among them doing anything. He had a string of contributions in the latter half of the day, and I decided to narrow my focus. His interactions with Jackie look the worst aside maybe from Frank, and given your peek I'm willing to prioritize George first. It's POE as much as suspicion, especially when I found a reason to give Peterman some actual credit.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:09 am
Frank Costanza wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:07 pm ESTELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!?!?!?!?!?!?

No! It can't be! My wife is dead because of you animals! She would drive me up a wall, but she was being quiet around you people, and now someone thought it was worth shutting her up even more.

Only people she mentioned before she passed that might get up to such a thing were Jerry, David Puddy (who I agreed with), the lawyer, and George. She even put in a good word for the Soup Man! The Soup Nazi, who people think is as bad as the actual Nazis!

SERENITY NOW!

I gotta take a breather. Right now, my gut says there's something in looking at those mentions, but I don't know what yet.
If Frank is the godfather then he knew about Estelle's death beforehand and this reaction was likely pre-planned to some degree. Reading it, I could see that being the case, but it does not have to be so. There'd be a very clear intent to direct suspicion against the players listed here, but I don't recall Frank following through much on this at all.

It's complete player salad. I don't like that post.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Frank Costanza wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:16 pm
I think Big Stein's analysis of the lawyer has a lot of merit. And not just because he's black. I mean, not because he's black at all! But one thing you missed, Steinbrenner: he did mention Estelle before challenging Jerry.
Frank, which parts of my analysis on Jackie had merit?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Notice to low posters:

The mafia love to keep you alive because you're their ticket to a winner's banner. Don't let that happen.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Spooky Ghost »

you're basing your entire votes on Jackie's interactions with me, jerry/elaine? that's really lazy scum hunting. Terrible in fact.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

George Costanza wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:13 pm you're basing your entire votes on Jackie's interactions with me, jerry/elaine? that's really lazy scum hunting. Terrible in fact.
Be the change you want to see in the world, Georgie boy!
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

George Costanza wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:13 pm you're basing your entire votes on Jackie's interactions with me, jerry/elaine? that's really lazy scum hunting. Terrible in fact.
Literally no, but it's of little consequence. I hate this post. First of all, it's the opposite of "lazy" to make interactive judgments -- it's the product of a crap load of analytic work performed in this thread during the night phase. Second of all, I have very little understanding of what has motivated your votes in this game. Third of all, why the hell shouldn't you receive votes?

Show me what makes you a civilian. Show me who isn't a civilian.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

A rainbow list with thoughts prior to me doing any digging today:

Elaine Benes - Claimed tracker. This claim lines up with my own role in the matrix, has not been countered, and netted us a scum lynch. Elaine is as close to confirmed as can be. Leaving her alive for Day 4 was a silly move.

Jerry Seinfeld - Jerry would not do something silly like leave the most confirmed town player in the game alive with his team so close to victory. Also the only argument I can come up with for him being scum is that he's faking it perfectly. That Jerry Seinfeld, he's no phony.

Tim Whatley - I sensed some genuine urgency and investigation coming from Heisenberg when he popped in mid-Day 3.

Uncle Leo - Leo's thoughts have appeared the most organic and easy to follow among this group from the start of the game up til now.

Frank Costanza - He feels bad, but my ID on him says otherwise. Has to be the godfather if he's bad.

George Costanza - That last post was hideous. I've not looked too closely into the interactive reads yet, but there is a whopping pile of analysis against him there and his first move today was to come out and say the suspicion against him is "lazy" and "terrible", two qualities George Costanza should be most fond of. I think the digging it took to produce that read of George is the least lazy thing anyone has done in this game.

J. Peterman - I still feel like he's bad, though I should note that a part of my suspicion was that Peterman and Elaine seemed to have a really strained relationship in the thread, and Elaine has completely reversed my suspicion against her so I need to abandon that angle. I still can't feel good about Peterman's 8 posts. I may be chunneling. It seems every other post Peterman makes is a call for more activity, but he's yet to supply any himself.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

One question worth asking: why am I not dead?

I am comfortable attributing the Kramer and Estelle kills to power role hunting. They were both laying low. The Night 3 kill is more striking, in that they killed anyone other than a role claimer (Elaine or Steinbrenner), and they chose Soup Nazi over me. Soup and I have both enjoyed pretty comfortable games so far on the suspicion front, and we'd both likely have been difficult lynches compared to the lower post count population.

Should I care that they killed Soup Nazi instead of me? Is there a discernible motive for that given some disparity in Soup's reads versus my reads? Is this just aimless WIFOM?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Something comes to mind: Elaine mentioned earlier that a lynch of the Godfather today, if not Frank, would confirm Frank as a civilian. This is true. Another truth is that a lynch of the remaining vanilla mafioso today would render Frank's chance of being mafia equivalent to all other candidates (his being checked by the cop would no longer have any mathematical importance).
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I'm going to engage in a little dangerous night kill analysis for Soup Nazi. I just stated that his being killed over me is something I've considered, and there is also at least one discernible motive I can conceive of to kill him over the two role claimers -- their reads. If the mafia team decides that none of the three (Elaine, Steinbrenner, and Soup Nazi) is going to be lynched, then they have less obvious interest in killing a role claimer given that both are claimed to be expended. Their choice can then be otherwise motivated. I want to see what Soup Nazi's reads looked like in his final day.

Soup's analysis of Puddy voters

He summarized his analysis as follows:
The Soup Nazi wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:12 am Witch > Leo > Mowgli > Costanza
This translates from Soupian to Elaine is more suspicious than Leo is more suspicious than Peterman is more suspicious than Frank.

Omit Elaine and perhaps this draws a visible motive for Leo and/or Peterman.

The Soup Nazi wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:00 pm
George Costanza wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:41 pm
You know, I did think it was rather farfetched that all four main characters of the show (George, Seinfeld, Elaine and Kramer) would RANDOMLY be picked as town. Kramer was town, I'm town, pretty sure I have good feelings about Jerry...so Elaine, as someone who roleclaimed and wasn't night killed, what's your deal?
You must be hungry for some falafel, little man, yet this is just fallacious.

He took a swat at George for the fallacious main character argument.

Further criticism of George qualified as "iffiness".

Soup wasn't impressed by Whatley either, though he was less conclusively accusatory in his language.

====================

This actually doesn't differ from my own reads at the time that much. He was most critical of George, Leo, and Peterman on Day 3. He was less critical than I was of Frank.

[mention]George Steinbrenner[/mention]
[mention]Elaine Benes[/mention]

Do Soup's Day 3 reads differ significantly from your Day 3 reads in any way that you find striking?

NOTE:

I understand that any night kill analysis is inherently going to equate to a big helping of WIFOM. It's also possible the mafia team made this kill choice because they wanted the civilians to over-analyze and veer off-track. That doesn't mean I won't at least explore the possibilities though.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [DAY 2] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by November »

I'm not going to bother ISOing Jerry and Elaine. If anyone wants me to elaborate on them, I will but I think my reasons are self-evident.

Tim Whatley/Kenny Bania

The only thought Bania contributed toward the game was a soft suggestion for less roleplay, whatever that is.
Tim Whatley wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:12 pm So I've just about read everything I'm going to and I have 3 specific points of interest.

What are our thoughts on Jerry? He's a troublemaker.

What are our thoughts on Elaine? She's here, but what has she contributed?

What happened to the Soup Nazi voters? What changed your mind?
Whatley's first serious contribution. He raises three issues and probes the threads for responses to them. I like this aas an entry point, But his follow-through is going to be the most important thing.
Tim Whatley wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:15 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:48 pm
Estelle Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 pm Also kinda shocked Jerry not NKed N1 when he's probably the SPK -- I have no idea who Kramer is even.

K bai
What is the purpose of this post?
Im glad you pointed this post out. I wondered if you would. Before Estelle answers, why do you think this post was made?
I can see an earnest line of thought behind this post and the question, but there's also clear potential for this to be scum seizing the opportunity to piggyback on a budding suspicion. This is one of many events in this game which never amounted to anything. I don't think Estelle ever addressed the concern, and there was no follow-up from Tim.
Tim Whatley wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:42 pm Don't be so upset Jerry, discussion will come.

Your theories regarding Steinbrenner, that's a lie isn't it? At least in regards to having deeper thought on him.
I still have no idea what this post means, but Mr. Steinbrenner told me to be alert for any mention of himself.
Tim Whatley wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:52 pm
Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:09 am
Tim Whatley wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:12 pm So I've just about read everything I'm going to and I have 3 specific points of interest.

I've contributed a lot, Tim. More than you have.

First of all, Tim is a re-gifter. A re-gifter people. Of a label maker. Does anybody use label makers anymore?

Why is he asking about the Soup Nazi? Doesn't his job prohibit stuff from touching his teeth? Does he make meth after hours? Doesn't meth ruin your teeth? Inquiring minds want to know!
Tim Whatley wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:15 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:48 pm
Estelle Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 pm Also kinda shocked Jerry not NKed N1 when he's probably the SPK -- I have no idea who Kramer is even.

K bai
What is the purpose of this post?
Im glad you pointed this post out. I wondered if you would. Before Estelle answers, why do you think this post was made?
This post though...the methy dentist guy is asking Jerry to answer for Estelle. Jerry refuses to answer- I think rightfully- but then Estelle is dead.

I'm going to borrow methy dentist guy's direction and rephrase the question:

Jerry, why do you think Elaine Costanza died instead of you or me?
Your not wrong, you have contributed more than me. Since joining up with you fellows I've not had the time to flesh out full reads. Just slight tonals from my skim.

In regards to Estelle not answering and then dying, if these events were related all it means is that the mafia can read. However, I wouldn't think that my question would prompt a kill.
Elaine Benes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:14 am Looking at the matrix, there's a cop, tracker, killer, or blocker. Someone should have some information by now. Get it together people.
Elaine, I understamd wanting to solve the game, but how should someone have solved the game when your throwing out misinformation?
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:44 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:43 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:36 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:25 pm You're a funny man, Seinfeld. Big Stein appreciates humor in dark times. But I will not stand for this kind of funny business, you hear me! Is this some sort of test? Trying to make Big Stein sweat, are we? You're gonna have to do better than that! I'll let it stand for now though. But come this time tomorrow I expect to see results on the table! Tell me what you want from and I'll have the entire Yankee organization at my back.
I'm a 2-shot tracker. Bania/Whatley did nothing on night 1. You killed Estelle on Night 2.
I don't know what the point of your little trick is, Jerry. You're making up false allegations about Big Stein, and for what? You want a piece of the Yankees? Talk to my people, see if they can cut you a deal. But you have to be straight with us. Honesty and integrity are a big part of what we do here at Yankee Stadium!
Yes. I'm definitely pulling a trick. Mmhmm. Definitely. You should spend the day making tons of reads. Yep.
Did you even vote him when you said this?
I'm not a big fan of Whatley's small concession to Elaine in the first section of this post ("[You're] not wrong..."). I see this as the sort of thing scum can do to de-escalate a mounting suspicion against themselves. But that's a very minor thing and I'm not about to launch an anti-dentite campaign around it. I also did not understand his accusation against Elaine's "spreading of misinformation" at the time and asked about it. Here's his response:
Tim Whatley wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:05 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:54 pm Do you feel like Elaine's misinformation is directly impeding your efforts to solve the game, Whatley?
And I can assure you Seinfeld voted for me earlier.
My efforts in specific, not at all, what bothers me is that she requests information from others. Why request that of us as a whole based on roles in play when she's lying about her role? What purpose does that carry?

Thank you for the vote information.
Still don't get it. False claiming is a viable and common strategy in a setup like this. Her purposes in doing it should be easily observable. She wants real information on the table because the game was getting on in days at this point and information is useful. Now we obviously know the full scope of Elaine's play. On revisiting this, I am less certain of this being a genuine thought process from Whatley than I was initially. It continued:
Tim Whatley wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:17 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:12 pm Do you think it would be unwise for power roles to claim at this point in the game?
Depends really. There are too many variables in play still.

@George Costanza Where are you and where is your head at? Why did you vote the Soup Nazi day 1 but not day 2? You did say you had a bad feeling about him.
" :shrug: " followed by an out of the blue probe of George.
Tim Whatley wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:24 pm I guess I should share where my head is at if I am to ask this of others. Joining in Day 2 I was very much fixated on Elaine and Jerry. So much so that I've decided to take a step back and review other leads and questions I have.

I'm curious about the Soup Nazi and Stein voters from day 1. I'm reviewing them now.

I could currently vote for Costanza or Elaine.

Jerry, I'm unsure what to think. Truth be told, I'm unsure if I'm suspicious of Jerry, or just afraid.
Then he collects himself and injects some fresh thoughts into the thread. Nothing tremendously substantial here, but I like that he provides us with a glimpse into the direction of his mind. Could be scummy compensation, or it could be an honest look. There's definitely evidence in this post history to suggest that Jerry and Elaine were his most immediate suspects upon his entry, and wanting to take a step back from that sort of thing is usally a good thing. He then provides a new line for investigation and gives two tentative suspects. I'm not seeing why (George?) Costanza is one of them, but I don't object to him being a suspect.
Tim Whatley wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:43 pm @Uncle Leo, why did you vote Stein day one? Your vote on Puddy, was that you crying "No you?"
Uncle Leo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07 pmpeterman
-why: hasn't said much of anything substantial. voted for Puddy
Arent you in the same boat?
Kicking the tires on the ole Uncle Leo investigation. I don't hate this.
Tim Whatley wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:12 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:41 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:12 pm Do you think it would be unwise for power roles to claim at this point in the game?

@George Costanza Where are you and where is your head at? Why did you vote the Soup Nazi day 1 but not day 2? You did say you had a bad feeling about him.
This is a true assessment, Whatley. Who knows what roles could be out there at this time? But I have a bone to pick with you here and Big Stein's gonna fight, you better believe that! First, you criticize Elaine because she asked for role claims. But then you can't point to any specific harm that could come from this. You gave a non-answer. The Yankees are all about answers! I don't know how you do it in dentistry, but here we get to the bottom of things! I'm as iffy on Elaine's roleclaim as anybody, but I don't understand what you're saying about her here.
I see, I interpreted what she was asking differently. I see no harm in asking for role claims. I see harm in people who are lying to make vague statements about needing to get more information.

This relates the core of our situation. We are always trying to get more information. I'm sure when we have more information and the time is right to share, we will. Elaine should know this.

Sien, what do you think of Uncle Leo's vote for you? What do you want right now?
This is the most complete explanation of his previous concerns about Elaine and roleclaims. I can understand the logic behind it, though I remain a little skeptical of the thought process which lead him there.
He continues his inquiry into Leo as a tack on, which I again do not hate.
Tim Whatley wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:24 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:24 am I also keep forgetting Tim Whatley exists. That's not ideal.
Why do you think this is this the case? I feel like I've voiced my thoughts consistently?

I'll be voting Peterman. I don't feel bad about it, but there are a handful I can say that about. Let's see where this goes.

Stein, if time allows, I'll review those you asked about.
Looks to strike up a conversation with Jerry, a good look.
Votes for Peterman for what amounts to very little reason and 0 mentions of him prior to this, bad look.
Promises to maybe review a few players, we'll see.
Tim Whatley wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:32 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:55 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:24 am I also keep forgetting Tim Whatley exists. That's not ideal.
Why do you think this is this the case? I feel like I've voiced my thoughts consistently?

I'll be voting Peterman. I don't feel bad about it, but there are a handful I can say that about. Let's see where this goes.

*opens Tim Whatley's post history*

*CTRL+F for "peterman"*

1 mention in entire history, and it's in this post with this vote. Naw.

Voting Tim Whatley.
Interesting. What should I say over his 7 posts that hasn't been said already?

Seinfeld, do you have a fascination with me. Why is this the case?

George Costanza wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:37 pm

Day 1 votes generally aren't really substantial or based on actual specific clues or content. I didn't feel good about the Newman bandwagon. I didn't vote for Newman.

I'm someone who goes by gut instincts a lot, and I felt Uncle Leo was wishy washy in his stances, as long as he didn't draw attention to himself or garner too much opposition and preferred following the bunch; insincere; not as vocal or skeptical as people should be on Day 2.

My opinion on him hasn't changed yet.
I'm noticing a trend of people who just didn't give a damn about their day one vote. How is this acceptable?
I don't like the top half of this post. Denies responsibility for giving a reason behind his Peterman vote, and rejects Jerry's observation about him. I do like the bottom half though, at least at face value. I sense some real frustration from Whatley on how Day 1 played out without him. But this is a very easy stance for scum to fake.
Tim Whatley wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:10 pm I'm also speculative of Elaine' s claim. Ever hear the tale of the boy who cried wolf?

Tim Whatley wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:26 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:21 pm It's not LyLo, so all this move gets the mafia team (if Elaine is lying) is a push to LyLo with a confirmed mafia in place. That's not terrible for them, but she'd have no need -- unless Peterman is also mafia.
If it's a claim for teammate save I'd be somewhat shocked, it feels too early for that.
Hesitant to accept Elaine's tracker claim to get Jackie lynched, but he came around eventually and rejoiced in the blood of his enemies:
Tim Whatley wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:35 pm That's what we needed right there.
And that's where we are now. There's a few things I can pick out as reason to be suspicious, but nothing strong enough to propel Whatley into the realm of top suspects. He remains in the POE pool though. As with everyone else, I need to hear more.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

I don't see anything strikingly different about the Soup Nazi's reads and my own. I was perhaps a bit more favorable to Whatley and less so to Peterman, but that's about it. Peterman and Elaine were my top two suspects much of the day and I didn't have any clear distinctions between everyone else. I might suggest that the nightkill was submitted before I roleclaimed and never altered afterward. I looked a little shady before then, so I would not have been a very likely kill target. That does nothing to explain why you (Jerry) or Elaine are still alive.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Re: [NIGHT 2] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Julinook »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:13 pm
Tim Whatley wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:42 pm Don't be so upset Jerry, discussion will come.

Your theories regarding Steinbrenner, that's a lie isn't it? At least in regards to having deeper thought on him.
I'm not sure what you mean. I'm lying about welcoming opposing reads on him?
[mention]Tim Whatley[/mention], I'd like an answer to this question please.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Having reviewed your look at Tim, employee-of-Steinbrenner, I find my read on him moving south. There were a number of posts you highlighted that you interpreted negatively, and I agreed. There were a couple posts you interpreted positively, and I disagreed. I'll try to peel them out of the analysis and talk about that.

Let's remember, gang: if we can correctly isolate our POE pool to three suspects, then the civilians win. We get one more mislynch.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Re: [DAY 2] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Julinook »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Looks to strike up a conversation with Jerry, a good look.
Votes for Peterman for what amounts to very little reason and 0 mentions of him prior to this, bad look.
Promises to maybe review a few players, we'll see.
I don't think this was a good look. I might generously call it a null look. Whatley had previously voiced suspicion and even fear of me, and it's a little difficult for me to reconcile his comment here with that in mind. If he felt that my forgetting about him was unjustified given his rate of contribution, having already viewed me as troublesome, I'd expect to see a harsher response here. His question and protestation are very timid, in a way that looks unnatural to me.
George Steinbrenner wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:43 pm
Tim Whatley wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:32 pm I'm noticing a trend of people who just didn't give a damn about their day one vote. How is this acceptable?
I don't like the top half of this post. Denies responsibility for giving a reason behind his Peterman vote, and rejects Jerry's observation about him. I do like the bottom half though, at least at face value. I sense some real frustration from Whatley on how Day 1 played out without him. But this is a very easy stance for scum to fake.

I don't care for either half of this post. In most Mafia games, a decent or larger portion of the player population tends to care little about their Day 1 votes (because people erroneously believe it to be a crapshoot). This isn't atypical, and I don't know why Whatley is so perturbed. Moreover, he didn't qualify this accusation, because it's definitely accusatory, with any names beyond the individual he was addressing (George). This doesn't look authentic to me.

This bugs me too. I can understand a little initial doubt about the honesty of a role claim in this Syndicate environment, but I kind of hate the way it is presented here. It's in the third person, not directly addressed to Elaine herself, as commentary. No thanks. This doesn't promote deeper examination of the claim, it promotes public doubt of the claim.

We can credit Tim for ending the day with his vote in the right place, but my willingness to hand out credit for that is very limited. As we saw, Jackie still had his own vote open to place himself in a coin-flip tie. If Whatley is his teammate, the danger of losing a teammate in this scenario was still only 50-50, and the danger of looking terrible if it didn't work out was 100-0.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Right now, my three-man POE looks like this:

George Costanza
Tim Whatley
Uncle Leo (backup)

The wild card would thus be Frank.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I forgot about Peterman. Meh. I really would like to think a mafioso under constant pressure would naturally end up with more than 9 posts.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [DAY 1] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by November »

Uncle Leo
Uncle Leo wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:38 pm HELLO!

I was with Jerry’s cousin Jeffrey. You know Jeffrey, he works for the parks department? He would have this whole thing figured out quick.

How many times do I have to tell you all that my past is not who I am these days. It was a crime of passion! I never knew this Susan.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have an Asian woman waiting for me.
Makes one post on Day 1 to say HELLO and nothing else. Hello.
Uncle Leo wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:00 pm Jerry, Hello! How could you do this to Newman? Your cousin Jeffrey, you know, at the parks department, can't believe you'd get something like this wrong. What a guy that Jeffrey.

So now that that's out of the way,

Newman did very clearly state that he was innocent. On day 1, what more could he have said to indicate that he was "trying?"

For the record, I am a senior citizen with a record (it was a crime of passion!) however, I am innocent of all other crimes.

I am suspicious of Steinbrenner for "latching on to me" as someone put it. It didn't hold or gain traction so it makes sense that he changed his vote. Still, suspicions exist. Call it retaliatory, call it whatever. I know that I am good and until Steinbrenner gives me a reason to change my mind, he is as good a target as I was to him initially.

As for Puddy (high five!), you are good and not going to hell, so why no vote? Were you too busy at a hockey game and forgot?

I would also be suspicious of Elaine & our resident sweetheart, Soup Nazi. Potential throwaway votes against each other (because we had a clear victim with votes stacked up against Newman) "backed up" by phony talk in the thread. I guess we will see how they vote in the future.
Leo is a nocturnal creature, as this post is much better than his Day 1 entry. The little bit about Newman's claimed innocence is head-scratching, but I do not think it was meant to be a meaningful contribution. He then turns around a suspicion against Mr. Steinbrenner for his reckless treatment of Day 1 votes. Mr. Steinbrenner would like to issue a statement declaring that he in no way latched onto Uncle Leo, and his vote was off of him within a couple of hours. But it is natural for a player to be attracted to those who express suspicion against them. I do not fault Uncle Leo for being skeptical of Big Stein off the bat. I do not see where his initial town read of Puddy comes from. Leo, why did you feel so good about Puddy before anyone else did? The observation about Elaine and Soup Nazi was a solid one, but now we see that it didn't amount to anything. That's not a criticism of Uncle Leo. Most of Day 1 is throwing crap against the wall. This was a good throw. But it's not a throw that scum couldn't have made. I like this post on the whole though.
Uncle Leo wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:24 pm I’d like to clarify that by “clear victim” I meant that at one particular point in time, nothing needed to change for Newman to be lynched. No more arguing or persuasion from anyone to anyone was required. Anybody could have changed their vote for any reason but the end tally was what it was. (and the result was: Newman was lynched, and Elaine & Soup Nazi, if mafia, were able to provide cover for each other.)

By the way, Elaine, why didn’t I get a Christmas card?
This post demonstrates an intricate knowledge of the Day 1 poll for somebody who was not present during Day 1. Hey Leo, what's the deal with this?
Uncle Leo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:29 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:19 pm
<snip>

Leo

Why pick on Seinfeld of all the Newman lynchers. Picks up on Yankees mogul's phony slander of him, but doesn't act omgusy about it. Ludicrous notion of me and evil hex putting up a fight to distract the crowd. Up your dosage, old geezer!
Why Jerry? because he is the one that sealed Newman's fate by changing his vote (assuming no further actions were taken). If anything, that initial comment was more about me working in Jerry's incredible cousin Jeffrey, you know, at the Parks department.

I don't agree that the idea of goat kisser & evil hex working together is a "ludicrous notion."

I am always suspicious of characters like Jerry who are very vocal and commanding. I agree he's a troublemaker. HOWEVER, I am usually wrong about those people being bad so I have decided to not focus any further on Jerry at this time. This is purely a personal track record issue.

Nothing has changed my mind about Soup Nazi. I am curious what has caused Puddy to distrust me. I distrust his distrust of me and left a vote for him based on that. I am actually uncomfortable voting Puddy with Jerry & Elaine as the other two votes.
Leo gives a few justifications for some of his thoughts. I like that he's unafraid to share thoughts, though there's not much I would have agreed with here and I am not clear on why the Soup Nazi was a primary suspect. I feel a compulsion to reject the idea of "vocal and commanding" players as inherently suspicion, but I don't mind players having their guards up against this type of player. I'll let it slide, but with a prolonged, squinty-eyed gaze in his direction.
Uncle Leo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07 pm I was very legitimately unable to be present until right this moment. If I had been back before now, I would have changed my vote. That means absolutely nothing though, so you all can ignore it.

I would like to proclaim, again, that I am 100% completely innocent and the perception that I am playing my hand close to my chest is simply due to me NOT being mafia and therefore not having to engage in a verbal circus of misdirection and persuasion.

current working theory:

good:
me, uncle leo
-why? because I am, despite my senior moment with the puddy vote

jerry
-why? Voted for Peterman

steinbrenner
-Why? voted for Peterman after deliberating between Puddy & peterman

frank
-Why? Out of 8 posts, has only (loosely) defended Steinbrenner & Soup Nazi, both of whom voted for Peterman. Vote for puddy is an unexplainable mark against him.

soup nazi
why? voted for peterman

definitely mafia:
peterman
-why: hasn't said much of anything substantial. voted for Puddy

Tear it apart you animals!

And Jerry, a fall from grace, really? That's rough, haven't I always been a good uncle? Who always told you that you print well?
Leo demonstrates two things here: defensiveness, and astounding confidence in the badness of J. Peterman. :ponder:
Uncle Leo wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:02 am
George Costanza wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:46 pm I'm feeling good about you people
Kramer
George Steinbrenner
Uncle Leo
Jerry
Jackie

I got bad feelings about you people
Elaine
The Soup Nazi
Estelle
Dad

I got no feelings about the rest of ya.
George Costanza wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:35 pm <snip>
I'll have to look into Peterman a little more now that you shed light on his inconsistencies.
<...>
He was off your initial list - why? Have you looked into Peterman further as you say in this second quoted post? If so, what is your conclusion?
Some light grilling of George about Peterman. This is consistent with the above-mentioned confidence.
Uncle Leo wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:24 am
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:16 am Why the Peterman vote, @Uncle Leo?

Jerry, Hello!

Vote for Peterman because this is a vote I am comfortable leaving in case I am unable to change it before end of day. More to come.
Here is the reason for that confidence. J. Peterman is bad because Uncle Leo is comfortable leaving a vote on him. Yes.

The contributions are not terrible and there's a consistent tone heere, but it's entirely possible that Leo is just coasting behind the pre-existing and easy suspicion against Peterman. There is literally no justification from Leo for it in these posts.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

ooc-sorry, I'm working 10hr shifts and have guests in my house. It's been hard to get quality mafia time during the week (was hoping for a later start date). I'll get to work as I catch up.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:12 pm I forgot about Peterman. Meh. I really would like to think a mafioso under constant pressure would naturally end up with more than 9 posts.
Leo's post history has me considering that Peterman is town more than anything else I've seen in this game. It looks like scum bandwagoning 101.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Voting Uncle Leo.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:19 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:12 pm I forgot about Peterman. Meh. I really would like to think a mafioso under constant pressure would naturally end up with more than 9 posts.
Leo's post history has me considering that Peterman is town more than anything else I've seen in this game. It looks like scum bandwagoning 101.
I can see what you mean. My intuition isn't in disagreement with that assertion.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Another angle which can be immensely helpful for Day 4 that we really ought to work with: living-teammate analysis. We have a relatively small suspect pool, and two names to isolate.

We already have an idea who we trust. If we can manage a suspect pool of four or five, then we can check every single possible two-man team within that pool to see whether there's reason to cut them out as potential teammates. That allows us to further reduce the possible game scenarios to as few as we can, and that often ends up revealing one of them anyway (i.e. if one player is included in all theorized teams, that player is mafia).

I can't do this now, but I will attempt it later. I could use some help.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 36

Re: [NIGHT 2] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Celeste »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:52 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:13 pm

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm lying about welcoming opposing reads on him?
Tim Whatley, I'd like an answer to this question please.
Ah, sorry. I was just poking you to see what would happen. Nothing interesting unfortunately.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:27 pm Another angle which can be immensely helpful for Day 4 that we really ought to work with: living-teammate analysis. We have a relatively small suspect pool, and two names to isolate.

We already have an idea who we trust. If we can manage a suspect pool of four or five, then we can check every single possible two-man team within that pool to see whether there's reason to cut them out as potential teammates. That allows us to further reduce the possible game scenarios to as few as we can, and that often ends up revealing one of them anyway (i.e. if one player is included in all theorized teams, that player is mafia).

I can't do this now, but I will attempt it later. I could use some help.
This is the pool I intend to work with, including the 5 suspects I deem worthy of investigation and all possible combinations therein (not including repeats):

November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Frank Costanza
Frank Costanza wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:44 pm
George Costanza wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:19 pm Hi, I'm George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents.
As if we needed any more proof you're a good-for-nothing bum! Didn't bother showing up at all to the Mafia for the first day of it.
Elaine Benes wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:34 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:39 pm Hiding? I've been serving soup behind a counter for nine hours already today.

Except for you. Know why?

NO SOUP FOR YOU
You're through, Soup Nazi. Pack it up. No more soup for you. Next!

Vote The Soup Nazi
You leave that Nazi alone. He's a man after my own heart. For the delicious soup, I mean. Not the Nazi part. We used to fight Nazis back in the Army. At least, the Army used to fight Nazis. You know what I'm saying! George, get me some damn soup!
Frank's first post that says anything at all. Calls out George for not being here, and expresses deep support for The Soup Nazi because... I don't know.
Frank Costanza wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:53 pm Anyway, I've been waiting for hours for dinner. Estelle was supposed to make some fusilli, but of course she's nowhere to be found...

ASSMAN! I'LL GIVE HIM ASSMAN!

*votes Kramer*
A vote for Kramer because... I don't know.
Frank Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:18 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:21 pm Back from an early dinner with Naomi. Good lord that laugh of hers.

I have grievances to air about both Costanza parents. We got nothing all day!
I'm sorry I can't be at your beck and call, Jerry. After Assman kicked the bucket, I've been left to work on the man-ziere all by myself. It's enough to drive a person crazy, I tell you!

George, I'm disappointed you. Why don't you stop crying and fight your father face to face, like aman? Listing Kramer as good on Night 1, then knocking him out, would be an excellent way to establish some civilian cred. Especially when you're also buddying up to that goody-two-shoes Jerry Seinfeld.

I think that Mr. Steinbrenner has a good head on his shoulders. Can't manage his team out of a paper bag, but his heart's in the right place. He's following up on questions, asking the right ones about David Puddy and Elaine. Even if it takes him a few minutes to get there in any given conversation.
Hand-wavey defense against Jerry, a contorted accusation against George, and some substantiated defense of Mr. Steinbrenner. Okay. Frank's posts are not moving the needle on my Town-o-meter one bit.
Frank Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:59 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:54 pm You lack an actual tone.
The soup man has some spunk! I'm getting heated just thinking about it! Serenity now. SERENITY NOW!
David Puddy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:45 pm **Squinches nose as Mr. Soup**
And then this guy comes in here, saying he'll have some dirt on the Soup Man, and follows up with a nonsense gesture. You want to put a man in his place, you put up your fists! You don't dodge like a little girl!

Puddy, you've got less content in thread than a Chinese sweatshop T-shirt. And you're tunneling on the Nazi like a rat. I don't like it one bit.

Linki: All suspicious? Even the ones with just pictures? You suspicious of Goodnight Moon too?
Frank describes his own contributions in criticism of Puddy, with the only difference being a reversal of their stances on the Soup Nazi.
Frank Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:18 pm I think you're all barking up the wrong tree with the Soup Nazi, and I'll be a monkey's ass if I let him go down. Already didn't like that Puddy guy, so here goes nothing. *votes David Puddy*
Then this. I don't know where Frank is drawing any of his reads from.

SERENITY NOW!

I've already talked about this post. It is deliberately exaggerated, but the intentions behind that are still up in the air. I could easily see this being the response of a baddie who knew the result and how he wanted to spin it ahead of time.
Frank Costanza wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:28 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:14 pm

SERENITY NOW!

The Soup Nazi? Who thinks the Soup Nazi's bad. I don't see anyone gathering up their pitchforks to go after that man, Frank. I welcome your investigations though. It can't be easy to lose such a fine woman, that Estelle. Look into your suspects and tell Big Stein what you think.
SERENITY NOW! SERENITY NOW!

Now that I've gained a little bit of perspective back, I realize the Soup Nazi's been knocked down a few rungs on the suspect list, especially by Jerry and Uncle Leo.

Of those remaining, I hate to say it, but my gut says my son. It's just the kind of sick, twisted thing he'd do after putting her on his baddie list, especially after providing no reason. She was a suspect he couldn't defend if he got asked, so he knocked her off to avoid being asked about her. And he was even the last one seen at her bedside!
Continues to tunnel George and reverse tunnel the Soup Nazi, and I continue to not know where this is coming from. Frank is just stating that he has suspicions all game long. That does nothing for me. Maybe they're good suspicions. Maybe they're fabricated ones. I have no way of knowing.
Frank Costanza wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:13 pm My son hasn't said a thing today. Maybe he needs to get wrestled?! *votes George Costanza*
:sigh:
Frank Costanza wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:16 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:48 pm Frank Costanza's post history has become quite frustrating. The tunnel on son George is hard to understand given that he hasn't explained it much apart from George's periods of absence. Moreover, it's all he's bloody done lately. I really hope that's not civilian work. Come on y'all, the game can easily still be won.
I gave you a hypothesis, Jerry!
I don't see it.
It's just the kind of sick, twisted thing he'd do after putting her on his baddie list, especially after providing no reason. She was a suspect he couldn't defend if he got asked, so he knocked her off to avoid being asked about her. And he was even the last one seen at her bedside!
And as far as I can tell, George still hasn't given a good reason for that baddie listing. Too buys moving on to the next victim, probably.

You and the Soup Nazi seem to have gotten in quite the wrestling match yourselves. One of you've got to be civ, because there's no way two mafia would spend all that energy putting on a show. Given the effort you're both showing, you may even both be civ.

I think Big Stein's analysis of the lawyer has a lot of merit. And not just because he's black. I mean, not because he's black at all! But one thing you missed, Steinbrenner: he did mention Estelle before challenging Jerry.
On another not, rereading Estelle's three posts, I find it satisfying to read them in her roleplaying voice. It works despite her admission that she doesn't know how.
Not sure what to make of that, other than that he's mentioning her to mention her.
Calls out George for being quiet. Okay. But why is he suspicious in the first place, and why him of all the silent players?
I prodded Frank about his comment regarding my Jackie ISO earlier because I do not know what he's talking about. My "analysis" was more question-asking than stance-taking. If he liked my analysis, then he should have thoughts of his own to share about what I dug up. Not vague support right before the baddie is getting lynched. Could be soft distancing that went wrong when Jackie ended up on the chopping block.
Frank Costanza wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:49 pm If Elaine is telling the truth, we have a cut and dried case. If she's not, we at least get more intelligence from a Jackie flip than a Peterman flip. *votes Jackie*
Credit for voting Jackie, at least, but as Jerry pointed out, the risk of looking awful here was 100%.

His only post today was a continuation of is harping on George which has been going on all game long. He mentions some stuff about Estelle and how George might have set her up for the kill by naming her as a top suspect prior to it, but this is such an arbitary and far-fetched accusation that I can't really give it serious consideration without knowing anything about how Frank arrived at his conclusion. It's a possibility, sure, but anything's a possibility. I am unable to do nothing with it.

This is a completely uninspiring ISO (no offense, Mr. Costanza), but I have an ID that says he's a civilian. If we lynch another vanilla mafia then Frank's a top candidate for godfather.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:50 am Jackie placed an early Day 1 poop vote on George.
As did a couple of others. I called everyone out on this. You call it a poop vote now, so I'm assuming you too don't believe the narration has anything to do with my actual role. I mean do people honestly think the narrator would intentionally try to incriminate me? How is that balanced for you? He's sure made my life harder, but George Costanza doesn't give up easily. Just ask every woman who's turned me down.
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:50 am
Jackie Chiles wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:19 am
George Costanza wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:46 pm Jackie has been quiet.
Just catching up now, Mr Costanza. Sorry for my absence, but in Real Life I was hospitalized with a chest infection last night. I'm home now, and getting right back to business.

Jackie was gracious in his reception of George's little prod here. This exchange is a bit of a pinger.
I don't know what the word "pinger" means, especially in this context. So I'll refrain from comment until you clarify please.
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:50 am Color-coded stances analysis

Jackie had a lot more to say about George than the other three people he stuck in this pile. He threw shade for George's history for "vouching", suggesting it may be indicative of TMI. It's plausible that Jackie himself was engaging in TMI here if George is his teammate. Relating to the point made by Frank, the portion about the Estelle kill is a little bizarre. I find myself wondering if this was an intentional dropping left by Jackie Con as a distraction, because it's really bad distancing if that's what it really is.*****
Just a thought for you: after Elaine all but sealed his deal confirming she'd tracked him, he went down shouting me as his top suspect.

Do you honestly think that, along with the post above, is actually something a team mate would do? Do I think one of the people he named in that post is a team mate? Sure, it's more than probable. Do I think it's the name he was yelling the loudest aka me; no.

I think you should give Long Con as a player a little more credit than that. That said, no doubt he's laughing in his grave now at how he got the two most vocal posters to vote for me without a hesitation. Well done Jackie. You played it well.
Jackie Chiles wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:52 pm No problem, Mr Seinfeld. I used the time I had, and I had to stop. Just got home from the office, and I'm going to get back to it.

George Costanza looks the worst from my analysis so far.

He reinforces that George was the worst look in his analysis.
Again, do we think Jackie is going to be that blatant in bussing a team mate? I don't honestly believe you believe that----deep down. ;)

Jackie Chiles wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:17 pm George Costanza, Frank Costanza... Elaine Benes.

His fake legacy mafia reads included both Costanzas and Elaine. If he stuck a teammate in here, it'd have to be a Costanza unless you're inclined to tinfoil on Elaine to the point of needing a restraint jacket. It's not necessarily true that he included a teammate.
Frank. Cos it sure as hell isn't me, all my contributions have either been defending suspicion of myself in my limited time or trying to make gut reads as good as possible.

Let's lynch Frank.
George Costanza wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:46 pm I'm feeling good about you people
Kramer
George Steinbrenner
Uncle Leo
Jerry
Jackie

Elaine
The Soup Nazi
Estelle
Dad

He felt good about Jackie on Day 1. I don't fault him for that, but here it is for analytic completeness.

George Costanza wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:41 pmwhat is this even.

You know, I did think it was rather farfetched that all four main characters of the show (George, Seinfeld, Elaine and Kramer) would RANDOMLY be picked as town. Kramer was town, I'm town, pretty sure I have good feelings about Jerry...so Elaine, as someone who roleclaimed and wasn't night killed, what's your deal?

Sure Estelle is dead. Yes, I felt peculiar about her. No, I didn't vote for her at any time. Suspicion arises. Everyone is suspicious at some point.

Jackie was a lot more vocal, and when he was, I had good feelings about him. He disappeared, he missed voting. I questioned it. What's up with that? How is it random? I liked the way Jackie was talking, I didn't like the direction Estelle was headed. I'm allowed to make judgement calls based on how I see them.
The green stuff isn't related to Jackie, but this is a good place talk about this separately. It's obvious that George's assertion is fallacious, and I'd expect any civilian to understand that. He said it anyway. I wonder if he is right, and he knows he is right because of his own alignment.
I have no idea what you're getting at. I am positive of my alignment. I'm as vanilla as Marla, your ex girlfriend. If you can't see that, what can I do to make you believe me? I'll bare it all, god damn it!

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:50 am The orange stuff relates to Jackie. He explained his initial positive read on Jackie and his later prod about his having gone quiet. This was in response to accusations leveled upon him by Elaine. Apart from the fallacious green stuff, he was in a defensive posture here. I don't know that I like his tone.
Sorry, but with limited weekday time at my disposal, coming into a thread and finding suspicion directed at you, you’re going to want to clear yourself as much as possible to direct scum hunting efforts towards the real threats and try to get as many people believing in your claims. If you had people call you scum for fake role claims, I'm sure you'd react similarly. Don't tell me you've never been the defensive vanilla.

George Costanza wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:14 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:49 pm Jerry Seinfeld
The Soup Nazi
Jackie Chiles
Uncle Leo

George Costanza
Tim Whatley
Frank Costanza

Elaine Benes
J. Peterman
I'd like to know what Jackie did to earn him a high spot on your list.

I'm not jealous or anything. Why would I be jealous?

George questioned Mr. Steinbrenner about his positive read on Jackie. It's a fair enough question in a vacuum, though I find myself wondering why I wasn't asked the same thing -- I also had Jackie in the green zone.
I'd already asked you several things in my post catch ups, I wasn't going to quote every single post every single person made. I saw Steinbrenner online, I directed a question his way to engage in discussion. No mystery.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I'm going to move to unvote for the moment. Breathe, George, and keep at it. I can't review that thoroughly at present, but I will soon. Show me the baddies.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:42 pm His only post today was a continuation of is harping on George which has been going on all game long. He mentions some stuff about Estelle and how George might have set her up for the kill by naming her as a top suspect prior to it, but this is such an arbitary and far-fetched accusation that I can't really give it serious consideration without knowing anything about how Frank arrived at his conclusion. It's a possibility, sure, but anything's a possibility. I am unable to do nothing with it.
He also called out Jackie for doing the exact same thing he did, in different words. That's what I didn't like.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

One point I want to make immediately, because it irks me, is this:

George Costanza, I never said at any juncture that the host revealed or hinted at you being a mafioso in the game introduction. Of course that didn't happen. I said you called two votes upon you "throw-away" votes, one of which was my vote, and I didn't say anything about the host's content. It wasn't a fair representation of my own vote for you.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Ok Jerry, so why had you already voted for me on Day 1 before I had even posted itt?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

George Costanza wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:02 pm Ok Jerry, so why had you already voted for me on Day 1 before I had even posted itt?
You have the most role play-friendly role in the game and you were taking entirely too long to get started (so I supposed you might be hesitating due to alignment nerves). So I threw poop at you. Was it substantive or damning stuff? Naw. Was it a real accusation? Sure.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

George is playing with heavy WIFOM in that big defense post. It's entirely possible that Jackie incriminated one of his teammates with his dying breath. It's entirely possible he incriminated an innocent townie. Either way, he did it so that we would be left scratching our heads at it. That George is relying on it for the basis of his self-defense is not promising.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

As a low-ranking member of the Yankees' social media outreach team, I have no idea what any of you mean when you talk about roleplay.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

George Costanza
George Costanza wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:45 pm
Jackie Chiles wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:09 pm It was my understanding that George Costanza poisoned his fiancée with envelope glue. Despicable, degenerate, deplorable! He'll get my vote.
Oh come on! Be sensible.

and since when did we ever trust an attorney :rolleyes:
George entered with a handful of fluff posts. This is the first one to catch my attention. I could see it being two baddie teammates poking fun at each other in the beginning of the game. Casual distancing, possibly.
George Costanza wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:13 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:41 pm ...and they're spectacular tier:
Uncle Leo
Jackie Chiles

This feels like the good side of role play tier:
George Steinbrenner
The Soup Nazi

The yada-yada tier:
J Peterman
George Costanza
Kramer
Kenny Bania

What's up with _____ tier:
Estelle Costanza
Frank Costanza
Elaine Benes
David Puddy
Don't insult me, my friend.

You were after all the deciding vote in Newman's fate, were you not?
Costanza's first move of the game is to throw Jerry's suspicion back in his face because Jerry cast a vote for Newman on Day 1. Uninspiring, but better than nothing. He at least seems interested in making things happen.
George Costanza wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:31 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:52 pm Of the people with more than one vote, I could lynch Newman or Soup Nazi. Not lynching Big Stein.

How about Puddy though? What is it with this guy?
Why Newman? You could have swung with Soup Nazi and left it to fate.

What's the obsession with Puddy? What are you trying to say about him?
"Why take initiative when you could absolve yourself of responsibility?" A very Costanzian notion, but not conducive to good mafia play.
His language regarding the Puddy suspicion is a bit aggressive here as well. "Obsession" and "trying to say" tell me that George is trying to suggest some sinister intentions from Jerry. Or he could just be seeking more elaboration. Either way, I feel like pointing out an apparent shift in his position just two posts later:
Kramer
George Steinbrenner
Uncle Leo
Jerry
Jackie

Elaine
The Soup Nazi
Estelle
Dad

In the above post George is hinting at tension with Jerry, but here he puts him on his "good" list. 3/4 of his bad list are now confirmed or near-confirmed town, with the possibility of a fourth if Frank is not the godfather. The revealed scum is listed as good.
George Costanza wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:33 pm

K bai

I find these kind of posts really suspicious. "Oh why are you still alive, unless you're mafiascum, they should have definitely killed you because you're outspoken but they didn't so...connect the dots"

It really doesn't sit well with me. And to come from my mother of all people....

I may be a Costanza idiot, but I definitely inherited that from my dad.
Here's Frank's favorite post in the game. I don't object to the prod of his mother here, though I'm very paradoxically wary of posts that claim to be "suspicious of x type of post" because it can be used as a way for the player to plan suspicion without necessarily having to engage in direct analysis of a player's motives. They can just say "This resembles something scum might do, so I'm gonna pin a suspicion on it" and call it a day. I'm not thrilled at the way George employed it here.

I'll be here all day if I finish this ISO right now. I don't want to do that. George is presently here, so I'm going to post what I have and hope to engage him more directly. Hi George.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

[mention]George Costanza[/mention], why are you voting for No Lynch?

Return to “Previous Heists”