[ENDGAME] Seinfeld Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Which theme should be next in my TV sitcom Heist series?

Friends [Sockpuppets]
44%
Friends [Regular Accounts]
22%
Malcolm in the Middle [Sockpuppets]
No votes
Malcolm in the Middle [Regular Accounts]
No votes
Scrubs [Sockpuppets]
22%
Scrubs [Regular Accounts]
No votes
OTHER (please post suggestion in-thread) [Sockpuppets]
No votes
OTHER (please post suggestion in-thread) [Regular Accounts]
No votes
I don't care!
11%

Total votes: 9
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 389
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Re: [DAY 4] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Julinook »

Uncle Leo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:32 pm
Uncle Leo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:31 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:14 pm Moved to Leo.
Would you like me to vote for myself? I will gladly do that. As a matter of fact, moving my vote to me right now since you all are so sure.

VOTE UNCLE LEO.
If you are a civilian and you lynch yourself with the game on the line, that would be the most petulant, despicable thing I've ever seen in a Mafia game. I have played in a lot of Mafia games.
What does it matter if my vote is on me if I move it and the majority is still on me? I am being a team player. I am going to vote with the majority. If the majority moves, I will move my vote. You think my vote for me is wrong? I think your vote for me is wrong. I am glad the dialogue about me is open. Hopefully it ends up in some votes moving.
The majority wasn't on you. The vote was tied. Your self-vote looks like a ploy to scare away voters.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Principal Skinner »

Tim Whatley wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 pm @Uncle Leo If I vote Frank, what will you do?
If you move your vote to Frank, I will put my vote on you because I think you are the best candidate to be lynched today.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Spooky Ghost »

It matters because it was a tie. You broke that tie and made it a majority on you.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:41 pm
Uncle Leo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:32 pm
Uncle Leo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:31 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:14 pm Moved to Leo.
Would you like me to vote for myself? I will gladly do that. As a matter of fact, moving my vote to me right now since you all are so sure.

VOTE UNCLE LEO.
If you are a civilian and you lynch yourself with the game on the line, that would be the most petulant, despicable thing I've ever seen in a Mafia game. I have played in a lot of Mafia games.
What does it matter if my vote is on me if I move it and the majority is still on me? I am being a team player. I am going to vote with the majority. If the majority moves, I will move my vote. You think my vote for me is wrong? I think your vote for me is wrong. I am glad the dialogue about me is open. Hopefully it ends up in some votes moving.
The majority wasn't on you. The vote was tied. Your self-vote looks like a ploy to scare away voters.
I am trying to scare away voters from me because I am INNOCENT and if you lynch me, things get really rough, really fast.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

George Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:42 pm It matters because it was a tie. You broke that tie and made it a majority on you.
Sometimes something drastic is needed. I come back and am shocked to see the tide has turned to me. I thought the move would relatively quickly show that lynching me is a mistake.... apparently I, Uncle Leo, made the mistake in thinking that, but I still believe in the point I was trying to make.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

George Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:36 pm Would be hilarious if Jerry is scum though. I mean really, hats off to you. While no one is questioning Elaine and Steinbrenner, you're not even a confirmed PR and no one's questioning your alliance.
It would certainly not be hilarious. I have suspected Jerry many times, some of them with serious intent, and some of them without. Killing that bastard the Soup Nazi was a boneheaded move. Jerry's an idiot, sure, but he's not a bonehead.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Uncle Leo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:42 pm I am trying to scare away voters from me because I am INNOCENT and if you lynch me, things get really rough, really fast.
Uncle Leo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:41 pm
Tim Whatley wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 pm @Uncle Leo If I vote Frank, what will you do?
If you move your vote to Frank, I will put my vote on you because I think you are the best candidate to be lynched today.
Things that don't make sense in any universe:

Leo wants to lynch Whatley. Leo was tied with Whatley. That final tally has a 50-50 chance of lynching Whatley.

So Leo moves to a self vote. This ensures a 0 chance of lynching Whatley and a 100 chance of lynching himself.

:huh:
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:44 pm
Uncle Leo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:42 pm I am trying to scare away voters from me because I am INNOCENT and if you lynch me, things get really rough, really fast.
Uncle Leo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:41 pm
Things that don't make sense in any universe:

Leo wants to lynch Whatley. Leo was tied with Whatley. That final tally has a 50-50 chance of lynching Whatley.

So Leo moves to a self vote. This ensures a 0 chance of lynching Whatley and a 100 chance of lynching himself.

:huh:
I had to interrupt things before more experienced and savvy players sent anyone else in the wrong (my) direction. To quote whoever just said this, votes can be changed. It's the final vote that matters. If you don't want me to be lynched, remove your vote from me. That makes sense?! Also someone please PM the list of strategies not allowed to be used in this game and I will avoid all of them in the future. (If possible, please read as sincere and not sarcastic.)
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I'm playing this from Tawni's computer, and during my pee break I found a tube of fungicide in her medicine cabinet. Should I be concerned about this?

November
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 199

Post by November »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:22 pm @Frank Costanza
@Elaine Benes
@George Steinbrenner

Your votes are critical now. I think Leo is the best vote presently. Whatley remains in my 3-player POE, but I do agree with George that his voting behavior in this late phase hasn't been pro-mafia. That's a good thing.
Why Leo? I don't have time to reas a bunch of stuff
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Uncle Leo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:48 pm I had to interrupt things before more experienced and savvy players sent anyone else in the wrong (my) direction. To quote whoever just said this, votes can be changed. It's the final vote that matters. If you don't want me to be lynched, remove your vote from me. That makes sense?! Also someone please PM the list of strategies not allowed to be used in this game and I will avoid all of them in the future. (If possible, please read as sincere and not sarcastic.)
Rule #6

6. No self-voting, even as a placeholder. This is considered an illegal move in this game as much as voting for the non-player option. There is an "Unvote" option for a vote placeholder.

Please move that for the rules' sake if nothing else. I didn't even see it until now.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:53 pm
@Elaine Benes
@George Steinbrenner

Your votes are critical now. I think Leo is the best vote presently. Whatley remains in my 3-player POE, but I do agree with George that his voting behavior in this late phase hasn't been pro-mafia. That's a good thing.
There's still much to consider unfortunately. You should just follow to the best of your ability and make your own choice.

You can judge Leo in the immediate present based on his self-vote at least. He was tied with Whatley in the poll and broke that tie with a vote for himself. I am determining whether it was ill-advised civilian flailing or a mafia ploy.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:53 pm
Uncle Leo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:48 pm I had to interrupt things before more experienced and savvy players sent anyone else in the wrong (my) direction. To quote whoever just said this, votes can be changed. It's the final vote that matters. If you don't want me to be lynched, remove your vote from me. That makes sense?! Also someone please PM the list of strategies not allowed to be used in this game and I will avoid all of them in the future. (If possible, please read as sincere and not sarcastic.)
Rule #6

6. No self-voting, even as a placeholder. This is considered an illegal move in this game as much as voting for the non-player option. There is an "Unvote" option for a vote placeholder.

Please move that for the rules' sake if nothing else. I didn't even see it until now.
back to whatley I go.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:55 pm
@Elaine Benes
@George Steinbrenner

There's still much to consider unfortunately. You should just follow to the best of your ability and make your own choice.

You can judge Leo in the immediate present based on his self-vote at least. He was tied with Whatley in the poll and broke that tie with a vote for himself. I am determining whether it was ill-advised civilian flailing or a mafia ploy.
ill-advised civilian flailing

mafia ploy is ridiculous, do I seem smart enough to you to come up with that as a mafia ploy?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Uncle Leo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:56 pm mafia ploy is ridiculous, do I seem smart enough to you to come up with that as a mafia ploy?
I don't know who's wearing your skin, Leo, or how smart someone has to be to do that.

However, I am leaning in the direction you're urging me to lean. Nobody experiences more mind changes and epiphanies than I do. :rolleyes:
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:55 pm
@Elaine Benes
@George Steinbrenner

The move to self vote was to show that even when thought of as mafia, I am still attempting to be a team player in this crucial moment. You all have said to be here for EOD and that a majority is needed, etc, etc. So even as the knife twists into old Leo, here he is, voting with the team.

Obviously it was a mistake.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

George Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:42 pm It matters because it was a tie. You broke that tie and made it a majority on you.
Read on Leo right now, George. Pronto.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:03 pm Lanie where are you?
STUCK ON THE SUBWAY, JERRY
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Uncle Leo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:59 pm The move to self vote was to show that even when thought of as mafia, I am still attempting to be a team player in this crucial moment. You all have said to be here for EOD and that a majority is needed, etc, etc. So even as the knife twists into old Leo, here he is, voting with the team.

Teamwork is the most important element of most civilian wins. If you're truthful then your heart is in the right place. However, you can always make an exception for yourself. Literally every other player, even the claimed power roles, ought to be more likely to be scum than you are. You've only seen your own role card!

If you're bullshitting though, that's a pretty lame move in its own right. :suspish:
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:58 pm
Uncle Leo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:56 pm mafia ploy is ridiculous, do I seem smart enough to you to come up with that as a mafia ploy?
I don't know who's wearing your skin, Leo, or how smart someone has to be to do that.

However, I am leaning in the direction you're urging me to lean. Nobody experiences more mind changes and epiphanies than I do. :rolleyes:
Let me rephrase -- do I seem like a good enough Mafia player to come up with that, specifically as a mafia ploy? Based on all that responses to me in this game so far, I would like to think that answer is easily no. :fishslap: :)
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:00 pm
Read on Leo right now, George. Pronto.
I'm uncomfortable by how this turned out. I feel more comfortable with a Frank lynch. I dont think Mafia Leo would resort to self voting.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:02 pm
Uncle Leo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:59 pm The move to self vote was to show that even when thought of as mafia, I am still attempting to be a team player in this crucial moment. You all have said to be here for EOD and that a majority is needed, etc, etc. So even as the knife twists into old Leo, here he is, voting with the team.

Teamwork is the most important element of most civilian wins. If you're truthful then your heart is in the right place. However, you can always make an exception for yourself. Literally every other player, even the claimed power roles, ought to be more likely to be scum than you are. You've only seen your own role card!

If you're bullshitting though, that's a pretty lame move in its own right. :suspish:
My heart is in the right place. Chalk it up to senility for Leo, and unacceptable ignorance to me as the person playing Leo.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

"Fish slap" was a mistake for anyone trying to read into what Leo means by fish slapping.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

I have moved my vote to Frank
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Elaine Benes wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:01 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:03 pm Lanie where are you?
STUCK ON THE SUBWAY, JERRY
A personal favorite.

Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I am in no way caught up. Like I said, today was the suck.

But think back to the day Jackie got lynched. Jackie Lynch!

Get it?

HA HA HA.........HA HA HA

She's a real estate agent in Arlington Heights, Illinois. Come on people.

Anyway, when Jackie was lynched, Peterman was the one running away with the votes.
Jackie Chiles wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:17 pm George Costanza, Frank Costanza... Elaine Benes.
Jackie Chiles wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:21 pm Well, hopefully we'll find out. *votes J Pederman*
That last statement, "Well, hopefully we'll find out" was in response to my eleventh hour accusation of Jackie. That makes me think Jackie was not wanting Peterman lynched, but was resigned to his fate and hoped he could save himself and lynch ME for saving Peterman (who I think is mafia because of this interaction).

That's how I read that.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Paul Stevens »

Tim Whatley wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:23 pm Regarding this, would you say that this makes sense following my reveal of this being a pressure vote or not? How was my vote supposed to be transparent, when I had no real reason for it other than for observation? I want to know why you are valuing transparency here as it seems to be irrelevant to me.
Your vote would have been transparent if you said up front that it was for pressure, rather than for some unspecified reason about Peterman's 7 posts that had been "said already." I'm valuing transparency because mafia have more reasons to lie in this game.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I can understand that, [mention]Elaine Benes[/mention]. One immediate concern I have is that if true, that'd strike me as a net negative move for Jackie Con to make. Even if he succeeds by lynching mafia Peterman instead of himself and then lynching you next, you're then revealed as a tracker and he's dead meat. Is that a likely maneuver for him to pursue?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:12 pm I can understand that, @Elaine Benes. One immediate concern I have is that if true, that'd strike me as a net negative move for Jackie Con to make. Even if he succeeds by lynching mafia Peterman instead of himself and then lynching you next, you're then revealed as a tracker and he's dead meat. Is that a likely maneuver for him to pursue?
Are you saying Peterman is in no way mafia now? Or just in that hypothesis?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

George Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:14 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:12 pm I can understand that, @Elaine Benes. One immediate concern I have is that if true, that'd strike me as a net negative move for Jackie Con to make. Even if he succeeds by lynching mafia Peterman instead of himself and then lynching you next, you're then revealed as a tracker and he's dead meat. Is that a likely maneuver for him to pursue?
Are you saying Peterman is in no way mafia now? Or just in that hypothesis?
The latter. I can see perhaps an alternate scenario where Jackie just voted Peterman because it was the obvious, self-preservation on the table and the only believable vote he could make (regardless of whether Peterman is on his team).
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

The "mention" feature is awful. Please stop using it.

I think Jackie didn't know what to do when I exposed him. Were Peterman another goon, Jackie could just vote him and be done with it. What if Peterman was the Godfather, and Jackie didn't want to see him go, but didn't want to go either? Remember that Peterman wasn't around to change his vote. That can put a teammate under a lot of "What do I do?" kind of pressure.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I think you give the mafia too much credit, Jerry.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

And did Tim Whatley in no way sway your opinion about him with his contributions today?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Re: [DAY 3] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Julinook »

Jackie Chiles wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:21 pm Well, hopefully we'll find out. *votes J Pederman*
At this point he had previously named three suspects -- the Costanzas and Elaine. So his Peterman vote was just the self-preservation opportunity I think. Moreover, he had not contributed to that Peterman wagon before (and prior to Elaine's hard claim it looked like Peterman was going down). Jackie's failure to comment on Peterman otherwise, or contribute to that wagon, to me looks like a mafioso keeping his distance from a mislynch. Had Peterman been his teammate, he had opportunities there to fish for credit with accusations against Peterman or even defend him outright -- something. I think that makes Peterman look a bit better.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

George Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:20 pm And did Tim Whatley in no way sway your opinion about him with his contributions today?
He swayed them less than you and Leo have. Frank hasn't done much to move me either. I'm kind of banking on the chance that someone else is the godfather and can clear him. He's a top suspect though.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Paul Stevens »

It looks like nobody else is going on George, so I'll switch to Whatley. I can see the argument for him being bad, even though my gut says he's not. And obviously my gut has been wrong on several different occasions this game.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Elaine Benes wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:19 pm I think you give the mafia too much credit, Jerry.
Could be. Is there a living teammate for Peterman that you think fits the paradigm?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Frank Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 pm It looks like nobody else is going on George, so I'll switch to Whatley. I can see the argument for him being bad, even though my gut says he's not. And obviously my gut has been wrong on several different occasions this game.
Is there anyone for whom you cannot see the argument for their being bad? Disregard Elaine, Steinbrenner, and I.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:21 pm
George Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:20 pm And did Tim Whatley in no way sway your opinion about him with his contributions today?
He swayed them less than you and Leo have. Frank hasn't done much to move me either. I'm kind of banking on the chance that someone else is the godfather and can clear him. He's a top suspect though.
if Whatley is innocent, who would you lynch tomorrow?
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:20 pm
At this point he had previously named three suspects -- the Costanzas and Elaine. So his Peterman vote was just the self-preservation opportunity I think. Moreover, he had not contributed to that Peterman wagon before (and prior to Elaine's hard claim it looked like Peterman was going down). Jackie's failure to comment on Peterman otherwise, or contribute to that wagon, to me looks like a mafioso keeping his distance from a mislynch. Had Peterman been his teammate, he had opportunities there to fish for credit with accusations against Peterman or even defend him outright -- something. I think that makes Peterman look a bit better.
Well, forgive me Jerry, if I don't trust your judgment. You were Jackie Chile's bowling partner a few days ago.

Vote J. Peterman

I think your paradigm of what's going on in this whole deal is way off. I think Jackie was the only person on his team really paying attention (unless you're on his team, of course), so I wouldn't put too much effort in trying to figure out their strategy. I think the mafia just are no good at what they do. Like men.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

George Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:25 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:21 pm
if Whatley is innocent, who would you lynch tomorrow?
The remaining two names in my then two-man POE would be Leo and Frank. I'd do a full reassessment before committing to that though, because I'm going to discard suspicion of the guy with 14 posts or you either. Who would you lynch?
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:23 pm
Elaine Benes wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:19 pm I think you give the mafia too much credit, Jerry.
Could be. Is there a living teammate for Peterman that you think fits the paradigm?
Jerry.

Today was hell.

Hell.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Elaine Benes wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:26 pm
Well, forgive me Jerry, if I don't trust your judgment. You were Jackie Chile's bowling partner a few days ago.

Vote J. Peterman

I think your paradigm of what's going on in this whole deal is way off. I think Jackie was the only person on his team really paying attention (unless you're on his team, of course), so I wouldn't put too much effort in trying to figure out their strategy. I think the mafia just are no good at what they do. Like men.
Would this imply Peterman and Leo then? Who else doesn't know what they're doing?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Frank and Peterman if Whatley is innocent.

Leo's meltdown was too dramatic and extreme to be scum I think.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Celeste »

K I'm cop, Leo's a Mafioso. I haven't used my 2nd check. This is why Elaine s claim game spooked me.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:28 pm
Elaine Benes wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:26 pm

Vote J. Peterman

Would this imply Peterman and Leo then? Who else doesn't know what they're doing?
I think that's reasonable, or Peterman and Whatley. I think Whatley falls into that category too. He was just around last minute, but hadn't been much around before.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Celeste »

I planned to reveal earlier if needed but work got in the way.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Tim Whatley wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:30 pm K I'm cop, Leo's a Mafioso. I haven't used my 2nd check. This is why Elaine s claim game spooked me.
I see.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

......the fudge

Return to “Previous Heists”