[ENDGAME] Seinfeld Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Which theme should be next in my TV sitcom Heist series?

Friends [Sockpuppets]
44%
Friends [Regular Accounts]
22%
Malcolm in the Middle [Sockpuppets]
No votes
Malcolm in the Middle [Regular Accounts]
No votes
Scrubs [Sockpuppets]
22%
Scrubs [Regular Accounts]
No votes
OTHER (please post suggestion in-thread) [Sockpuppets]
No votes
OTHER (please post suggestion in-thread) [Regular Accounts]
No votes
I don't care!
11%

Total votes: 9
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 389
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Re: [DAY 2] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Julinook »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:34 pm That witch could have assassinated me, had she actually disposed of a weapon.

Her claim is balderdash.

Lynch her.
"She didn't immediately shoot a vague Day 1 suspect at the first opportunity, she's bad"

Your argument is balderdash. Lynch you.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

My girlfriend Angela agrees with me.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Also, my commendations to Spacedaisy for a strong role play performance of a critical character. I laughed out loud twice on Day 1, and she was responsible for one of those.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

STELLA! STELLA!
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Paprika »

Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 51

Re: [NIGHT 1] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Principal Skinner »

RIP Kramer, the only one to know my real name. UNCLE Leo.
Elaine Benes wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:24 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:15 pm
Elaine Benes wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:10 pmYour uncle said there was a clear victim, but there wasn't. You had the power to pick somebody else. Yet you acted like your uncle gave you the greatest Christmas card in the world, but he didn't. He gave you something besides a Christmas card, and he rubbed your face all in it. And you liked it.

Did you like rubbing your face in your uncle's Christmas card, Jerry?
I had the "power" to pick somebody else, but no actual reason to do that. I had previously stated that I was at peace with a lynch of either Soup Nazi or Newman. Why then would I voluntarily force a coin flip instead of a decisive choice which can more readily be analyzed? I am technically capable of jumping into a bath tub filled with strawberry jam, but I have no particular reason to do that.

I told you that I am judging sincerity and insincerity. That is something different from structural or content validity in an argument. You keep crapping on Uncle Leo's assertion while complaining to me -- do you suspect him for it?
No, Jerry, I suspect you for it. I think your uncle is senile and in need of better eyebrows. You didn't question his presentation of the facts. You accepted what he said as factual even though you could have changed things. There was no certain victim. It was still up in the air! My vote wasn't a throwaway. You took what he said for granted like Newman believing the mailmen would save us from the police.

I need better eyebrows? Are you kidding me?

I’d like to clarify that by “clear victim” I meant that at one particular point in time, nothing needed to change for Newman to be lynched. No more arguing or persuasion from anyone to anyone was required. Anybody could have changed their vote for any reason but the end tally was what it was. (and the result was: Newman was lynched, and Elaine & Soup Nazi, if mafia, were able to provide cover for each other.)

By the way, Elaine, why didn’t I get a Christmas card?
November
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 199

Post by November »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:41 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:38 pm *screams you're bad at her for the entire evening*

"Nah I'm one-shot vigilante"

*ok I believe you - the second after*

Are Americans really that naive?
This one makes gut checks in the moment and changes his mind on a dime. It's a strength. I could be wrong obviously, but my initial take is not. There's no good reason for a mafia Elaine to fake claim that in that moment. It would be a very stupid move.
Elaborate.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 3

Re: [DAY 1] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Saito »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:25 pm Just a pitiful Day 1. I could have spent the evening with my girlfriend Marlene. Jesus.
im catching up and very tired after just getting home from working since the beginning of time

maybe if there was a TAD less role play it'd be easier.

but i'm only on page 3
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

J Peterman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:14 pm These votes are everywhere! Oh, my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist.

What else have we got? Bania, Newman, Puddy, Leo - you haven't had a suspicion this whole meeting. For the love of God, just tell me what the suspicions are! I'll go with Newman unless we get some new ideas. You're all too quiet.

*walks out, groaning*
Peterman, word around the office is you're a mobster. My people tell me you said nothing yourself, but here you are tossing suspicion around at fine folks for saying nothing! If this is an honest mistake, it's time you looked in the mirror. The Yankee organization will not tolerate this kind of hypocrisy and laziness! Not while Big Stein's in charge! You hear me!
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Elaine Benes wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:49 pm Well, sure it's unique, because anybody paying attention knows that what your uncle said wasn't true, including you, since you could have tied it up. If I said I liked men but was a lesbian, that would be providing a unique perspective too, but would it be right? Would it be correct, Jerry?
This Benes woman is giving me fits, and not just because she's a Baltimore fan! Seems like she's picking a fight with Seinfeld just to pick a fight. Her argument has my head spinning. Big Stein's getting dizzy. Like riding on one of those carousels, trying to keep up. I never cared for those rides. Rollercoasters, those are okay. Very exhilarating. But a carousel just goes in circles, over and over and over. You never know when they're going to end. I can't figure out where the end of this argument is or where it's beginning either. She says Seinfeld is suspicious for appreciating input from his uncle, then she says he's bad because he voted for Newman. It's not making sense to me, I don't buy her conviction. But Big Stein doesn't see why a mobster would pick a fight like this either. Big Stein is confused, but he'll keep kicking!
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

George Costanza wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:46 pm I'm feeling good about you people
Kramer
George Steinbrenner
Uncle Leo
Jerry
Jackie

I got bad feelings about you people
Elaine
The Soup Nazi
Estelle
Dad

I got no feelings about the rest of ya.
Costanza, what's this feud with your folks? Trouble at home, eh Georgey boy? The Yankees are a family organization, and we want to help you work this out. Tell Big Stein about your problems, I'm all ears!

I also saw you interrogating your funny friend, that Seinfeld character, but now I see you're feeling good about him. Care to explain yourself, Costanza?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

It's a real shame about this Kramer fella. My people don't know what to make of his death. I thought he looked shady myself, but that wasn't the case. Big Stein's not made of answers. Who has a theory about why he was killed?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

David Puddy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:14 pm I'm just trying to stay in character, man. From my research, puddy was a man of few words.

Yeah, that's right.
I can respect that attitude, Puddy. Keeping the cards close to the vest, I see. Big Stein knows all about that himself. Sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut, say nothing at all, don't give them anything to work with! But you already tipped your hand by telling us something feels off about the Soup fellow. Now the rest of us are sitting here like chumps waiting for you to finish your thought. What's it gonna be, Puddy? What's got you feeling iffy about this soup? I'm a calzone man myself. Where's Costanza?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:47 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:38 pm *screams you're bad at her for the entire evening*

This one makes gut checks in the moment and changes his mind on a dime. It's a strength. I could be wrong obviously, but my initial take is not. There's no good reason for a mafia Elaine to fake claim that in that moment. It would be a very stupid move.
Elaborate.
The role claim is true if we assume the following:

1) Mafia Elaine would not arbitrarily guess at a power role to fake claim when the role may not even exist. Any true power roles can look at the 14 player table to discern whether a 1-shot vigilante fits with their role.

2) Mafia Elaine would not fake that claim even when having insight about which setup we're in (by virtue of the roles of her team), because that'd imply a real 1-shot vigilante may well exist. The real one immediately knows the claim is a lie.

3) Mafia Elaine would not decide it was necessary to claim a role at all at that moment. The only vocal pressure she was under was coming from me, and she was in no danger of being lynched -- it was still the night phase. She has this entire 48 hour phase to shake suspicion without having to resort to a fake role claim.

There is at least one universe where she could be lying. It's possible and I'm aware of it. I think it's much less likely though than the alternative -- that she wanted to shut my wrong ass up and threatened to shoot me with her real vigilante shot.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Mr. Steinbrenner, the Peterman post you highlighted is an example of player salad. And I know women don't respect salad eaters. I agree with you there.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:17 am
George Steinbrenner wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:47 pm

Elaborate.
The role claim is true if we assume the following:

1) Mafia Elaine would not arbitrarily guess at a power role to fake claim when the role may not even exist. Any true power roles can look at the 14 player table to discern whether a 1-shot vigilante fits with their role.

2) Mafia Elaine would not fake that claim even when having insight about which setup we're in (by virtue of the roles of her team), because that'd imply a real 1-shot vigilante may well exist. The real one immediately knows the claim is a lie.

3) Mafia Elaine would not decide it was necessary to claim a role at all at that moment. The only vocal pressure she was under was coming from me, and she was in no danger of being lynched -- it was still the night phase. She has this entire 48 hour phase to shake suspicion without having to resort to a fake role claim.

There is at least one universe where she could be lying. It's possible and I'm aware of it. I think it's much less likely though than the alternative -- that she wanted to shut my wrong ass up and threatened to shoot me with her real vigilante shot.
I don't dismiss the possibility that her claim is completely bogus. A mobster could guess that the majority of her opponents don't know what roles they're dealing with. Pretending to wave around a gun is a surefire way to get somebody to back off.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

It's fitting that my girl Nina had just painted a portrait for Kramer.

Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I hope that image isn't huge. Can't tell on a phone.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:28 amI don't dismiss the possibility that her claim is completely bogus. A mobster could guess that the majority of her opponents don't know what roles they're dealing with. Pretending to wave around a gun is a surefire way to get somebody to back off.
It could be bogus. I don't care about "could" though. We can sit here all day and talk about what's possible. A lot of things are possible. It's meaningless. The scene you construct here is possible, but I don't think it's probable. Would you do that during a night phase when you can't be lynched and only one person is barking at you when your claim can easily be invalidated by any present power roles? I sure as hell wouldn't. I care about what's probable. Given present information there is no way I support a lynch of Elaine.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:36 am
George Steinbrenner wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:28 amI don't dismiss the possibility that her claim is completely bogus. A mobster could guess that the majority of her opponents don't know what roles they're dealing with. Pretending to wave around a gun is a surefire way to get somebody to back off.
It could be bogus. I don't care about "could" though. We can sit here all day and talk about what's possible. A lot of things are possible. It's meaningless. The scene you construct here is possible, but I don't think it's probable. Would you do that during a night phase when you can't be lynched and only one person is barking at you when your claim can easily be invalidated by any present power roles? I sure as hell wouldn't. I care about what's probable. Given present information there is no way I support a lynch of Elaine.
Big Stein just might do that if he felt it could shake the pressure off of him. But I thought we weren't talking about what's possible. If Elaine is the vigilante, she's hung herself out to dry. She's either our only power role, or one of only two, with the other being a tracker. There's no one to save her tonight, so she has to shoot. Who should she shoot?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Chuck »

Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Oh, in case you're planning who to remove next and hurt my business, none of you count as my third best customer. You're all awful. Ha-ha! Ha! Ha!
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

I'm wary of a Seinfeld - Steinbrenner team scenario, in which they're buddying. The latter is a corporate pig, who'd like nothing more than to get my recipes and make water splat out of them for his crowds, plus that failed comedian has been adamant not to pursue any wagon on him previously. And now they're in sync with their leads. At how anemic the rest of the group is, nothing would work better for a scumteam than to take up the reins like so.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Kent Brockman »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:13 am
David Puddy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:14 pm I'm just trying to stay in character, man. From my research, puddy was a man of few words.

Yeah, that's right.
I can respect that attitude, Puddy. Keeping the cards close to the vest, I see. Big Stein knows all about that himself. Sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut, say nothing at all, don't give them anything to work with! But you already tipped your hand by telling us something feels off about the Soup fellow. Now the rest of us are sitting here like chumps waiting for you to finish your thought. What's it gonna be, Puddy? What's got you feeling iffy about this soup? I'm a calzone man myself. Where's Costanza?
I don't know, man. At first it was just a gut feeling. I gotta tell ya, my gut is awesome! High five!!

I can't believe Kramer was killed last night! Even Jerry thought he might get booted from the game as he left us with some inspiring parting words that we ought to lisren to. Mr. Soup seems to be having fun with Jerry around. It could have been Mr. Soup who killed Kramer.

(Still catching up, but poating anyway)
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:42 am I'm wary of a Seinfeld - Steinbrenner team scenario, in which they're buddying. The latter is a corporate pig, who'd like nothing more than to get my recipes and make water splat out of them for his crowds, plus that failed comedian has been adamant not to pursue any wagon on him previously. And now they're in sync with their leads. At how anemic the rest of the group is, nothing would work better for a scumteam than to take up the reins like so.

Do you have a reason to suspect Steinbrenner independent of "those two guys don't suspect each other"?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

He's after my soups.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 am He's after my soups.
This is ludicrous. Big Stein will not stand for this! This accusation is baseless! I've gone on record as a calzone man. I don't need your soup, I don't care how great your soup is. If it's not a calzone I'm not interested. This is a clear attempt to lash out at Big Stein. You after my money? Want a piece of the Yankees? Talk to my secretary, see if we can get your soups served at Yankee Stadium next season. Big Stein's a business man, I'm willing to put this personal issue behind me.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

David Puddy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:55 am

Yeah, that's right.
I don't know, man. At first it was just a gut feeling. I gotta tell ya, my gut is awesome! High five!!

I can't believe Kramer was killed last night! Even Jerry thought he might get booted from the game as he left us with some inspiring parting words that we ought to lisren to. Mr. Soup seems to be having fun with Jerry around. It could have been Mr. Soup who killed Kramer.

You're not answering my question, Puddy. You think Soup Nazi did the K-man. What inspires this belief?
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Echo »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:58 pm
Elaine Benes wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:49 pm Well, sure it's unique, because anybody paying attention knows that what your uncle said wasn't true, including you, since you could have tied it up. If I said I liked men but was a lesbian, that would be providing a unique perspective too, but would it be right? Would it be correct, Jerry?
This Benes woman is giving me fits, and not just because she's a Baltimore fan! Seems like she's picking a fight with Seinfeld just to pick a fight. Her argument has my head spinning. Big Stein's getting dizzy. Like riding on one of those carousels, trying to keep up. I never cared for those rides. Rollercoasters, those are okay. Very exhilarating. But a carousel just goes in circles, over and over and over. You never know when they're going to end. I can't figure out where the end of this argument is or where it's beginning either. She says Seinfeld is suspicious for appreciating input from his uncle, then she says he's bad because he voted for Newman. It's not making sense to me, I don't buy her conviction. But Big Stein doesn't see why a mobster would pick a fight like this either. Big Stein is confused, but he'll keep kicking!
I have to say that I find Mr Seinfeld's points about Ms Benes to far more convincing than this attack. This kind of latching-on to minutiae, accusation, and then hands-in-the-air confusion is the kind of base fearmongering that I expect to see from the Mafia. 5 out of 5 for roleplay though!

My top picks for lynch today: Steinbrenner, Frank Costanza, and... let's go with George as a distant third, because I haven't had a good feeling about that guy yet.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Back from an early dinner with Naomi. Good lord that laugh of hers.

Spoiler: show
I have grievances to air about both Costanza parents. We got nothing all day!
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Jackie Chiles wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:53 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:58 pm
I have to say that I find Mr Seinfeld's points about Ms Benes to far more convincing than this attack. This kind of latching-on to minutiae, accusation, and then hands-in-the-air confusion is the kind of base fearmongering that I expect to see from the Mafia. 5 out of 5 for roleplay though!

My top picks for lynch today: Steinbrenner, Frank Costanza, and... let's go with George as a distant third, because I haven't had a good feeling about that guy yet.
Attack? Who said anything about an attack? Big Stein wants every stone unturned. What do you make of Ms. Benes?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:59 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 am He's after my soups.
This is ludicrous. Big Stein will not stand for this! This accusation is baseless! I've gone on record as a calzone man. I don't need your soup, I don't care how great your soup is. If it's not a calzone I'm not interested. This is a clear attempt to lash out at Big Stein. You after my money? Want a piece of the Yankees? Talk to my secretary, see if we can get your soups served at Yankee Stadium next season. Big Stein's a business man, I'm willing to put this personal issue behind me.
Liar. You know my soup is the best in town and want to get a hold of my recipes and turn it into mass-produced muck for your flag-bickering stadium crowd.

But don't you think for one second I'll allow your secret goons and lackeys any of my soup.

NO SOUP FOR THEM
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:02 pm
David Puddy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:55 am

Yeah, that's right.

You're not answering my question, Puddy. You think Soup Nazi did the K-man. What inspires this belief?
I don't know how I can be any more clear.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Paul Stevens »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:21 pm Back from an early dinner with Naomi. Good lord that laugh of hers.

Spoiler: show
I have grievances to air about both Costanza parents. We got nothing all day!
I'm sorry I can't be at your beck and call, Jerry. After Assman kicked the bucket, I've been left to work on the man-ziere all by myself. It's enough to drive a person crazy, I tell you!

George, I'm disappointed you. Why don't you stop crying and fight your father face to face, like aman? Listing Kramer as good on Night 1, then knocking him out, would be an excellent way to establish some civilian cred. Especially when you're also buddying up to that goody-two-shoes Jerry Seinfeld.

I think that Mr. Steinbrenner has a good head on his shoulders. Can't manage his team out of a paper bag, but his heart's in the right place. He's following up on questions, asking the right ones about David Puddy and Elaine. Even if it takes him a few minutes to get there in any given conversation.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

David Puddy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:55 amI can't believe Kramer was killed last night! Even Jerry thought he might get booted from the game as he left us with some inspiring parting words that we ought to lisren to. Mr. Soup seems to be having fun with Jerry around. It could have been Mr. Soup who killed Kramer.

I don't know about this one guys. I'm going to place another Puddy vote.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Whatever, man! You're wrong about me.

I'm voting for Mr. Soup.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

David Puddy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:40 pm Whatever, man! You're wrong about me.

I'm voting for Mr. Soup.
What do you think is Soup Nazi's most suspicious post?
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

I'll look through his posts soon and let you know. Overall, he lacks a genuine tone.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

You lack an actual tone.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:29 pm
David Puddy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:55 amI can't believe Kramer was killed last night! Even Jerry thought he might get booted from the game as he left us with some inspiring parting words that we ought to lisren to. Mr. Soup seems to be having fun with Jerry around. It could have been Mr. Soup who killed Kramer.

Looking forward to you switching last minute tomorrow once more.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Vote me all you want, it's your waste of time and results. I'd rather milk a donkey than let you get any of my soup!!
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:57 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:29 pm

Looking forward to you switching last minute tomorrow once more.
What is your point about this? I clearly tried to push for a Puddy lynch, and nobody said a freaking word in response. I don't do solo votes, they're a waste.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Vote David Puddy
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Effective immediately, [mention]juliets[/mention] will no longer be able to perform her function as Game Facilitator.

[mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] will be taking over. Please PM her with any concerns regarding interpersonal conflicts or if you just need to vent!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, I will be auto-replacing players for non-participation starting the end of Day 2. If you're having trouble keeping up with the game, please save yourself, me, and your fellow players the aggravation and let me know ASAP. We all understand if/when players need to back out, so please don't wait until I have to swoop in and auto-replace. Thanks!
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Thanks for facilitating while you could [mention]juliets[/mention]! Heal up! Hi again SpaceKramer. :goofp:
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:54 pm You lack an actual tone.
**Squinches nose as Mr. Soup**
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

I was asked my thoughts on Mr. Soup's most suspicious post. I think they are all suspicious except this one...
The Soup Nazi wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:14 pm Look at these two goons distancing from each other. Deplorable.

They must be so irritated because they haven't had any soup today.

Ha-ha! Ha! Ha!

Return to “Previous Heists”