[ENDGAME] Seinfeld Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Which theme should be next in my TV sitcom Heist series?

Friends [Sockpuppets]
44%
Friends [Regular Accounts]
22%
Malcolm in the Middle [Sockpuppets]
No votes
Malcolm in the Middle [Regular Accounts]
No votes
Scrubs [Sockpuppets]
22%
Scrubs [Regular Accounts]
No votes
OTHER (please post suggestion in-thread) [Sockpuppets]
No votes
OTHER (please post suggestion in-thread) [Regular Accounts]
No votes
I don't care!
11%

Total votes: 9
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Re: [DAY 2] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Chuck »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:17 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:14 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:55 pm I really hate the present trend.

Day 1 -- Jerry yells about Puddy, it isn't acknowledged.
Day 2 -- Puddy in line for easy lynch (yes, it's easy), Jerry yells about Peterman, it is hardly acknowledged.

What's the deal? I've been out all night with Marla, and I tell you what I think she might be ready soon.
I know the show has your name on it and all, but if you could be any less King of Fuck Mountain with this "nobody is acknowledge who I want to lynch, when I want to lynch them", that'd be bi'anqalaysūn.

This isn't improving my image of you. You're swaying multiple sides and act angry at others not following in sync with you.

If Poodoo turns citizen, this post looks timed to yell "I told you so". Which could come from a mobster all the same.
I don't give a shit if I look arrogant, or whatever you're insinuating. I think this bandwagon is highly suspect and I'm going to say why. Four people have votes on a guy that I made the subject of a farcical tunnel on Day 1, right now, and I have no idea why. That doesn't bother you? Do you know why those votes are on him?
I do not share the same interest in that lynch as those four people do. I do not control their will and moves, only whether they will get any soup or not. I reiterate that I have analyzed Puder, then asked for more, then received squat. They will receive judgement tomorrow, should this prove a mislynch.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

George Steinbrenner wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:18 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:16 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:10 pm Come to think of it, Seinfeld, I see reason to suspect all of the Puddy voters independent of this bandwagon! Granted, they're not the only ones. But that's a shady bunch! Let's put our heads together on this Peterson thing! What do you think's the most damning thing he's done?
You've been suspecting everyone except for two people. You have no real suspects, you're just throwing dart from your coco bollo desk, trying to act managerial.
Cast a wide net, that's what I always say. Once my people have more information I'll start to see things more clearly but right now you never can be too careful. Every one of you has the potential to be lying to me.
"Cast a wide net".

Perfect excuse.
November
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 199

Post by November »

Elaine Benes wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:18 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:14 pm
Elaine Benes wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:13 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:00 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:15 pm
David Puddy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:03 pm I'm all caught up. I think mafia are taking me down as an easy target.
Even my three year nephew, Khaled, could have prepared such a defense. And I already have him in the back, scrubbing the floor.
Absolute garbage, your worst post of the game, Soup Nazi. Instead of paying any mind to the possibility that a guy who has attracted 5 vaguely-explained votes late in a phase might actually be an easy target, you've pretended his defense was ever going to be "better" than it was. What would you expect Joe Civilian to say in this situation?
I would expect Joe Civilian to march his butt in here and talk. He could start by answering my calls, but he's too busy "answering the Lord's call." I bet that one shows up as "out of area."
Since when has Joe Civilian ever done that?
David Puddy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:27 pm **grunts**
Since when does Joe Mafia become a mutt when he's asked to weigh in on the people voting for him? Always when, that's when.
My people tell me this isn't true. They say a cornered mobster is prone to fight. They at least want to go down swinging. That's not to say they can't take one for the team and be silent, but this mindset is a slippery slope.
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 389
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:20 pmThey will receive judgement tomorrow, should this prove a mislynch.
Peterman has been presented as an alternative. Please talk to me about Peterman quickly.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:20 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:18 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:16 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:10 pm Come to think of it, Seinfeld, I see reason to suspect all of the Puddy voters independent of this bandwagon! Granted, they're not the only ones. But that's a shady bunch! Let's put our heads together on this Peterson thing! What do you think's the most damning thing he's done?
You've been suspecting everyone except for two people. You have no real suspects, you're just throwing dart from your coco bollo desk, trying to act managerial.
Cast a wide net, that's what I always say. Once my people have more information I'll start to see things more clearly but right now you never can be too careful. Every one of you has the potential to be lying to me.
"Cast a wide net".

Perfect excuse.
Or an accurate description.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:21 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:20 pmThey will receive judgement tomorrow, should this prove a mislynch.
Peterman has been presented as an alternative. Please talk to me about Peterman quickly.
I did. He's sketchy or a complete buffoon.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:23 pm
Oh he's Jungle Book. Would you lynch him over Puddy? Right now?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:23 pm
What makes you prefer to vote for me over him?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Here you go. One vote for the alternative - since my own alternative is only being voted by an old lady, no thanks to you, Seinfeld. Though Yankeeman is also on Peterman, and Yankeeman is filthy.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Soup voted Puddy. [mention]Elaine Benes[/mention], what of Peterman?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:26 pm Here you go. One vote for the alternative - since my own alternative is only being voted by an old lady, no thanks to you, Seinfeld. Though Yankeeman is also on Peterman, and Yankeeman is filthy.
My read on Yankeeman is very similar to my read on Soup Nazi -- someone who's easy to suspect for crappy reasons.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Do you suddenly disapprove of any vote cast for that schmuck? Hexy woman has been vocal enough against him. Do you believe he's citizen or not?!
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:26 pm Here you go. One vote for the alternative - since my own alternative is only being voted by an old lady, no thanks to you, Seinfeld. Though Yankeeman is also on Peterman, and Yankeeman is filthy.
My read on Yankeeman is very similar to my read on Soup Nazi -- someone who's easy to suspect for crappy reasons.
Bullshitteroni. Nobody suspects him. Nobody sees the truth. Fake news.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 pm Do you suddenly disapprove of any vote cast for that schmuck? Hexy woman has been vocal enough against him. Do you believe he's citizen or not?!
I think she's most likely civilian given her claim. It was a bad decision to claim regardless of her alignment, but the dumbness is significantly greater and harder to believe for the mafioso. The other three are gross.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:28 pm
I have seen more people suspect Steinbrenner than not in this game. I had to yell to keep him from being hanged on Day 1.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:28 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 pm Do you suddenly disapprove of any vote cast for that schmuck? Hexy woman has been vocal enough against him. Do you believe he's citizen or not?!
I think she's most likely civilian given her claim. It was a bad decision to claim regardless of her alignment, but the dumbness is significantly greater and harder to believe for the mafioso. The other three are gross.
I MEANT POODEE!
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:29 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:28 pm
I MEANT POODEE!
I'll give it 65-35 civilian-mafia odds. He's not the worst lynch on the table. My reservations are with the wagon.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 2 has ended. Result will be posted ASAP.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [DAY 1] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 2 Vote Tally

David Puddy
31%
Voters: Frank Costanza, J Peterman, Uncle Leo, Elaine Benes

Elaine Benes
8%
Voters: Tim Whatley

Estelle Costanza
No votes
Voters: None

Frank Costanza
8%
Voters: David Puddy

George Costanza
No votes

George Steinbrenner
8%
Voters: Estelle Costanza

J Peterman
23%
Voters: Jerry Seinfeld, George Steinbrenner, The Soup Nazi

Jackie Chiles
No votes

Jerry Seinfeld
No votes

Kenny Bania
No votes

The Soup Nazi
No votes

Uncle Leo
8%
Voters: George Costanza

*UNVOTE*
No votes

*NO LYNCH*
No votes

The Dominicans (hosts, deadies, non-players)
15%
Voters: Spacedaisy, MovingPictures07
Total votes: 13

Missing votes: Jackie Chiles
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:28 pm
I've heard my fair share of heckles in this game! They say I'm erratic, all over the place! I say someone needs to stir the pot around here. That's something you should know about, isn't it? You make your soup in one of those big pots? Tell me, how long does it take to make the soup? Do you do it all at once or in individual batches? I have great respect for the restaurant industry. I thought of getting into it myself. I could make a mean lasagna back in my day, Soup Nazi. The secret is in the cheese. You need to add just the right amount to each layer. Not too much, not too little...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 2

Spoiler: show
Puddy's latest antics went too far for many of his fellow players, who out of rage decided it was time for him to go.

David Puddy has been lynched.

He was Elohcin and...
Vanilla Civilian

It is now Night 2.

You have 24 hours to send in night actions.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Re: [NIGHT 2] Seinfeld Mafia

Post by Julinook »

Frank, Peterman, and Leo are all shit-listed for that wagon. Elaine I care less about, not only for her claim but also because her's was the only vote I can readily explain.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Here's something for us to talk about tonight. Costanza's father loves the soup man. What do you suppose that's all about?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I like both Steinbrenner and Soup Nazi more than before. Solid civilian reads.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

JUDGEMENT TOMORROW

NO SOUP FOR MISLYNCHERS
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

J Peterman wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:48 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:55 pm J Peterman, What can you tell me about this Elaine Benes? My people say she's an employee of yours. Well, I'd like to know what you have to say about her. My head's still spinning from before!
I like this Steinbrenner fellow. Not afraid to say what he thinks, not afraid to let it all hang out, like a kerchief in a fine suit. As for Elaine, she's a tough one, and she's worked for me for years. On the one hand, she's after Jerry pretty consistently, and that's a job...done. On the other hand, she's gone after Puddy, which I didn't expect after those attacks on Jerry. And a claimed vigilante? Such bold words, Elaine! But I wouldn't put it past a woman who doesn't like The English Patient. It's all almost worth firing her over. Almost.

But not today, because I'm not liking the looks of this Puddy fellow, either. I've said my piece on him, however short, for I am a man of few words. Puddy, you're out.
My people just brought this one to my attention too. How many positions can this man take in one answer without actually answering? I tell you, I thought Ms. Benes made my head spin, but this Peterman is in a league of his own. Big Stein's getting dizzy!
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:37 pm I like both Steinbrenner and Soup Nazi more than before. Solid civilian reads.
Insh'allah, I'm thrilled I moved from one guy who wasn't going to be lynched to another guy who wasn't going to be lynched and that suddenly makes me better in your eyes.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:39 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:37 pm I like both Steinbrenner and Soup Nazi more than before. Solid civilian reads.
Insh'allah, I'm thrilled I moved from one guy who wasn't going to be lynched to another guy who wasn't going to be lynched and that suddenly makes me better in your eyes.
You're afraid to make judgment calls based upon the things people say. I'm not. I don't care about your vote.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:40 pm
You're afraid to make judgment calls based upon the things people say. I'm not. I don't care about your vote.
What are you talking about. I made judgement calls on everybody today.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:41 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:40 pm
What are you talking about. I made judgement calls on everybody today.
You've griped about my turn on Elaine, my turn on Puddy, my judgment of you, my judgment of Steinbrenner, and plenty more. You've griped because I have made judgment calls quickly, in the moment, independent of analytic content -- something you don't like to do. You never have in my experience, Soup Nazi. It's not your style.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Elaine Benes - claim dependent, probably cool
Estelle Costanza - meh
Frank Costanza - no way
George Costanza - meh
George Steinbrenner - probably cool
Jackie Chiles - maybe cool
J Peterman - no way
The Soup Nazi - probably cool
Tim Whatley - meh
Uncle Leo - fall from grace
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Estelle Costanza
Frank Costanza
George Costanza
J Peterman
Tim Whatley
Uncle Leo

I think all three baddies could well be in this group. If I can find the time I'll do full ISOs on each before the night phase ends. If you're in this group and you're not a mafioso, then get in here, show your stuff, and get yourself out of hot water. If the civilians reveal themselves with the hunting effort that baddies struggle so mightily to replicate, then we can't lose.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Well I'm headed out for now to see Tia. Gonna be a great night.

Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Principal Skinner »

I was very legitimately unable to be present until right this moment. If I had been back before now, I would have changed my vote. That means absolutely nothing though, so you all can ignore it.

I would like to proclaim, again, that I am 100% completely innocent and the perception that I am playing my hand close to my chest is simply due to me NOT being mafia and therefore not having to engage in a verbal circus of misdirection and persuasion.

current working theory:

good:
me, uncle leo
-why? because I am, despite my senior moment with the puddy vote

jerry
-why? Voted for Peterman

steinbrenner
-Why? voted for Peterman after deliberating between Puddy & peterman

frank
-Why? Out of 8 posts, has only (loosely) defended Steinbrenner & Soup Nazi, both of whom voted for Peterman. Vote for puddy is an unexplainable mark against him.

soup nazi
why? voted for peterman

definitely mafia:
peterman
-why: hasn't said much of anything substantial. voted for Puddy

Tear it apart you animals!

And Jerry, a fall from grace, really? That's rough, haven't I always been a good uncle? Who always told you that you print well?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Good start, Leo, keep it coming. Make the mafia team tremble.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Lynch Jerry tomorrow. I tracked him. He killed Kramer.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Elaine Benes wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:25 pm Lynch Jerry tomorrow. I tracked him. He killed Kramer.
No you didn't, and there's no Mafia role for redirection which could indicate that. I strongly suggest that if you're a civilian, you recant that before the night phase ends -- otherwise you're an easy kill and I'm left looking like a doofus with no defense. You know you didn't track me, so make sure everyone else gets the memo.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:30 pm
Elaine Benes wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:25 pm Lynch Jerry tomorrow. I tracked him. He killed Kramer.
No you didn't, and there's no Mafia role for redirection which could indicate that. I strongly suggest that if you're a civilian, you recant that before the night phase ends -- otherwise you're an easy kill and I'm left looking like a doofus with no defense. You know you didn't track me, so make sure everyone else gets the memo.
I know what I'm doing Jerry. These people are idiots who all belong in cages.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Elaine Benes wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:36 pm
Animals, I meant to say.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

What's the deal with Estelle Costanza?

This lady has twelve posts, so I'm going to give you a little something to think about for all of them.
Estelle Costanza wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:22 am Wow
So many roleplaying
This is a true statement. The beauty of a sock-account game is that it inspires a lot of role play. I have no problem with this as an introductory post.
Estelle Costanza wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:24 am I have yet to see an episode of Seinfield, so I cannot roleplay. Why do I sign up? Because I wanna play here. Tonereading RP will be a challenge for sure.
My first instinct was to groan at this post, but a little extra thought has me leaning in the opposite direction. I suggested earlier that the player behind this sock might not be a long-time Syndicate regular (evidenced by "villa" in the next post and more by the underlined portion of this post). Role play is a relic of RYM transplanted to The Syndicate, and elsewhere in Mafia circles it probably isn't as commonplace. I don't struggle to imagine a civilian newly thrust into this environment legitimately feeling this way and blurting it aloud in a post. We're happy to have you, by the way.
Estelle Costanza wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:34 am Jerry is prolly my only villaread so far. Tonally good and flowing well.
This one is a minor tweak for me. On one hand I appreciate that she provided a read in a thread which to that point had not seen very many reads. I think "Jerry looks good" was about the easiest read on the table though given that I was quadrupling the post counts of most others.
Estelle Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:55 pm Greetings, I'm back
Hi!
Estelle Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:56 pm Will read the thread tomorrow since it's late for me and I need to sleep. Dream of me, my lieges.
Well that's a disappointing appearance.
Estelle Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:24 pm I lied and catching up right now.

Add David Puddy and Johnny Chiles to villa piles. They're villagery. Like the posting on the beginning of N1
Oh wait, nevermind. More town reads, again with the MU vernacular. This is an at least somewhat (probably more than somewhat) experienced Mafia player. I don't object to town-focused hunting, particularly given the prior-stated difficulties with role play.
Estelle Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:37 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:26 pm
Estelle Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:24 pm I lied and catching up right now.

Add David Puddy and Johnny Chiles to villa piles. They're villagery. Like the posting on the beginning of N1
Care to elaborate on these reads?
I like their tone, plus puddy's one post about missing EOD by refreshing the same page felt genuine

----------

Kinda think Soup is.....probably villager? He's under heat and doesn't care at all, didn't break his roleplay in which most people who's on heat usually break their roleplay.

Meh

Will think about it later.

Don't have any wolfreads atm, IDK how yall get one with all the roleplay, this will be a challenge

Sorry for missing big junk of d1 and n1 btw, life took over and I was busy (forgot about this game until today)

Gngn
At face value I like these explanations for the reads on Puddy and Soup Nazi. The highlighted portion is perhaps underwhelming. If it's coming from mafia-aligned typing fingers though it is rather belligerent in its shruggery. Typically evildoers at least try to paint someone badly, even if their own teammates.
Estelle Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 pm Also kinda shocked Jerry not NKed N1 when he's probably the SPK -- I have no idea who Kramer is even.

K bai
Estelle Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:46 pm SPK = Strong Player Kill
Not my favorite post in the thread. It can again be stated though that if this is mafia-driven, it's pretty obvious. One might as well just say "yes, I am trying to make you suspect Jerry more mwahahahaha". I won't award points though, it's still a bit of an eek.
Estelle Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:52 pm George, you're my least liked poster so far from the few people I can remember and I don't even know why.
Estelle Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:53 pm
George Steinbrenner wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:11 pm
David Puddy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:03 pm More distrust:
Jackie Chiles
Frank Costanza
What's not to trust about Jackie Chiles? He looks like a damn fine attorney from where I stand. Damn fine! If you have dirt on the man, my people and I wanna hear it, buster! The same goes for Costanza's father. I don't always see eye to eye with the man, there's no arguing that. But I still need to hear from you on the matter! You say you trust me. I like to think that I'm a trustworthy man. Somebody people can talk to. Big Stein's all ears! Tell me what you see in all these people. Lists of reads and names are better than nothing, but words are what we're here for!
This post in particular pinged me.
These were separated by one minute. I appreciate that progression -- identify a gut suspicion, and immediately investigate the source of the bad feelings. I don't know why that Steinbrenner post was a pinger though. That'd be good to hear about, Estelle.
Estelle Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:59 pm Submitted a vote in case I missed EOD. Hopefully will be here.

Out for real
Her Day 2 vote went to Steinbrenner. She missed the Day 1 vote.

:::

Conclusion:

This actually looks okay to me, generally. I didn't feel like I had to reach too deep into my bag of interpretations to find positive motivations for most of these posts. The worst one is the one about my not being killed.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

What's the deal with Frank Costanza?

Frank Costanza wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:27 pm Welcome, newcomers! The tradition of Mafia begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people what killed Susan, and now you're gonna hear about it!
There's a bit more labor in this entry post than I like to see. There's more potential for that to happen in a game of role play though.
Frank Costanza wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:45 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:00 pm Alright people, let's go, chop chop.
Don't get smart with me, Puffy Shirt man! Although now that I think about it, I haven't heard a peep from my good-for-nothing son. Stop crying and fight your father!

Estelle too, get in here.
He prodded the other Costanzas for activity. At this point the game was still pretty dead, so he could have prodded any number of people. There's not much here.
Frank Costanza wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:44 pm
George Costanza wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:19 pm Hi, I'm George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents.
As if we needed any more proof you're a good-for-nothing bum! Didn't bother showing up at all to the Mafia for the first day of it.
Elaine Benes wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:34 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:39 pm Hiding? I've been serving soup behind a counter for nine hours already today.

Except for you. Know why?

NO SOUP FOR YOU
You're through, Soup Nazi. Pack it up. No more soup for you. Next!

Vote The Soup Nazi
You leave that Nazi alone. He's a man after my own heart. For the delicious soup, I mean. Not the Nazi part. We used to fight Nazis back in the Army. At least, the Army used to fight Nazis. You know what I'm saying! George, get me some damn soup!
I can't tell if this poke at his son George is more meant as role play or an accusation. I'd like this post more if I could tell. The latter portion features a defense of Soup Nazi which appears to be grounded in role play as well -- but there's more of that later.
Frank Costanza wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:53 pm Anyway, I've been waiting for hours for dinner. Estelle was supposed to make some fusilli, but of course she's nowhere to be found...

ASSMAN! I'LL GIVE HIM ASSMAN!

*votes Kramer*
Another Estelle prod within the roleplay and an arbitrary Kramer vote.
Frank Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:18 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:21 pm Back from an early dinner with Naomi. Good lord that laugh of hers.

*picture snipped*
I have grievances to air about both Costanza parents. We got nothing all day!
I'm sorry I can't be at your beck and call, Jerry. After Assman kicked the bucket, I've been left to work on the man-ziere all by myself. It's enough to drive a person crazy, I tell you!

George, I'm disappointed you. Why don't you stop crying and fight your father face to face, like aman? Listing Kramer as good on Night 1, then knocking him out, would be an excellent way to establish some civilian cred. Especially when you're also buddying up to that goody-two-shoes Jerry Seinfeld.

I think that Mr. Steinbrenner has a good head on his shoulders. Can't manage his team out of a paper bag, but his heart's in the right place. He's following up on questions, asking the right ones about David Puddy and Elaine. Even if it takes him a few minutes to get there in any given conversation.
No kidding. I don't expect anyone to be at my beck and call. I don't care for this even in its role play expression.

No thanks. He continues to berate son George via role play, and then concocts this "read Kramer as good and then killed him" thing to justify it. This looks pretty cooked to me. Not good.
Frank Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:59 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:54 pm You lack an actual tone.
The soup man has some spunk! I'm getting heated just thinking about it! Serenity now. SERENITY NOW!
David Puddy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:45 pm **Squinches nose as Mr. Soup**
And then this guy comes in here, saying he'll have some dirt on the Soup Man, and follows up with a nonsense gesture. You want to put a man in his place, you put up your fists! You don't dodge like a little girl!

Puddy, you've got less content in thread than a Chinese sweatshop T-shirt. And you're tunneling on the Nazi like a rat. I don't like it one bit.

Linki: All suspicious? Even the ones with just pictures? You suspicious of Goodnight Moon too?
Frank Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:18 pm I think you're all barking up the wrong tree with the Soup Nazi, and I'll be a monkey's ass if I let him go down. Already didn't like that Puddy guy, so here goes nothing. *votes David Puddy*
Here's his justification for his Puddy vote. I hate the vote, and I don't much like this explanation either. This is all too easy, and that's a fitting problem for what was an easy mislynch. The highlighted portion looks like a smear job, not a genuine suspicion.
Frank Costanza wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:38 pm I ain't changing my mind. Especially when that snot-nosed Puddy thinks he can take a piece of me! *votes Puddy*
I can tell you really considered other options here. :suspish:

Conclusion:

When I had an opinion to share it was a bad one. Suspect.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I tried to snip a picture and ended up snipping a spoiler instead. Whatever. :goofp:
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

What's the deal with George Costanza?

George Costanza wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:23 pm I'll tell you one thing for sure-- the two who voted for me as a cheap throwaway vote are definitely getting my vote returned to them at some point in this game. You think I'd intentionally kill my own fiancée? I AM NOT A MONSTER, I AM A COSTANZA, LORD OF THE IDIOTS!
He was happy to dismiss the early votes he received as "throw-away votes". I don't think that was a fair depiction.
George Costanza wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:36 pm that got you out of hiding
This was in response to Soup Nazi displaying his displeasure at receiving a vote from George. I like it, because prior to this George made no mention of voting for Soup Nazi. That speaks to me -- George just clicked a poll option that he felt like clicking and waited to see what happens. That's carefree behavior that I'd associate with a civilian.
George Costanza wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:13 pm You were after all the deciding vote in Newman's fate, were you not?
Asserting that I was the "deciding vote" in Newman's fate is factually incorrect. I don't really know where this question was leading.
George Costanza wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:31 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:52 pm Of the people with more than one vote, I could lynch Newman or Soup Nazi. Not lynching Big Stein.

How about Puddy though? What is it with this guy?
Why Newman? You could have swung with Soup Nazi and left it to fate.

What's the obsession with Puddy? What are you trying to say about him?
I still don't get it. I have no idea why I would have wanted to leave the poll in a tie. This is the same stuff I argued with Elaine.
George Costanza wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:46 pm I'm feeling good about you people
Kramer
George Steinbrenner
Uncle Leo
Jerry
Jackie

I got bad feelings about you people
Elaine
The Soup Nazi
Estelle
Dad

I got no feelings about the rest of ya.
After a little prodding and questioning, he spat out some reads. I do think it's decent that despite his questions about me, he still went for the "good" read. It evidences a thoughtful mindset for generating these reads, beyond just "what would be consistent with my posts?".
George Costanza wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:44 am The roleplay has indeed made it challenging to get real reads into this as sincerity levels drop when everyone's focused on being in character so it looks like everyone's putting up an act. Maybe the hardest game I've played so far.

Apologies for the lack of posts but I had previous commitments this week. I'll be reading and catching up in the next few hours so expect incoming posts.
Of the people who started this game quietly, I think George here has done the best job of finding ways to get involved. I don't see someone making excuses and screwing off -- I see someone doing their best when they can. That's nice.

I'm not as perturbed as George about this, but I understand why he might be.
George Costanza wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:38 pm
Uncle Leo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:29 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:19 pm
<snip>

Leo

Why pick on Seinfeld of all the Newman lynchers. Picks up on Yankees mogul's phony slander of him, but doesn't act omgusy about it. Ludicrous notion of me and evil hex putting up a fight to distract the crowd. Up your dosage, old geezer!
Why Jerry? because he is the one that sealed Newman's fate by changing his vote (assuming no further actions were taken). If anything, that initial comment was more about me working in Jerry's incredible cousin Jeffrey, you know, at the Parks department.
I agree with what you're saying to some extent, especially earlier, like right after the lynch. The fact that Jerry downplayed it too, and made it seem like he didn't have any other options (which he did have), also made me feel weary. However, it's those balls of steel on a day 1 that make me place Jerry on my safe list now. He wouldn't have drawn that much attention to himself, he made a decision that killed Newman, he stuck by it. It was a deciding vote to lynch a townie on Day 1, not something mafia would have done to blend in. There's like a 2% chance he's not who he says he is. For now, he's on my safe list.

Similarly, Elaine is on my safe list for her frustration post and revealing/not revealing her PR.
*awards civilian points for referring to the metallic construction of my testicles*
George Costanza wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:27 pm Jerry, why are you trusting Uncle Leo?
In the post-Puddy era this isn't quite true any longer. Leo has had one moment of inspiration though that I appreciated (his initial gripe about Elaine and Soup [I think Soup?] potentially distancing).
George Costanza wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:35 pmI'll have to look into Peterman a little more now that you shed light on his inconsistencies. We've certainly had our awkward moments; the buffoon accused ME of killing his mother while I kept her company on her deathbed out of the good of my heart. I EVEN SHARED MY SECRET CODE WITH HER!
I wish this would have happened. It didn't.

I don't see a glowing beacon of civilianhood, but I do see some nice moments. He's a borderline suspect.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

What's the deal with Kenny Bania and Tim Whatley?

Kenny Bania wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:22 pmhi
Kenny Bania wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:06 pmok
Kenny Bania wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:51 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:25 pm Just a pitiful Day 1. I could have spent the evening with my girlfriend Marlene. Jesus.
im catching up and very tired after just getting home from working since the beginning of time

maybe if there was a TAD less role play it'd be easier.

but i'm only on page 3
Hi. Ok. Bania didn't do anything, clearly struggling with the role play. Since he's out of the game now I'll go ahead and say that I suspected this to be Dom, which would make me less concerned with the minimalist posts. That's his thing.

Tim Whatley's four posts

These four posts contain the following:
1x introductory greeting
1x vague assertion (Jerry's a troublemaker)
7x questions

There's more to parse through here than there was for Bania, so that's a positive. It's not inspiring stuff though.
Tim Whatley wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:15 pm
Jerry Seinfeld wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:48 pm
Estelle Costanza wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 pm Also kinda shocked Jerry not NKed N1 when he's probably the SPK -- I have no idea who Kramer is even.

K bai
What is the purpose of this post?
Im glad you pointed this post out. I wondered if you would. Before Estelle answers, why do you think this post was made?
I'm not going to slip an answer into Estelle's pocket before she explains her own post.

Conclusion:

There's less to say about this player slot than any other. I cannot justify removing it from my process of elimination pool.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

What's the deal with Uncle Leo?
Uncle Leo wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:00 pm Jerry, Hello! How could you do this to Newman? Your cousin Jeffrey, you know, at the parks department, can't believe you'd get something like this wrong. What a guy that Jeffrey.

So now that that's out of the way,

Newman did very clearly state that he was innocent. On day 1, what more could he have said to indicate that he was "trying?"

For the record, I am a senior citizen with a record (it was a crime of passion!) however, I am innocent of all other crimes.

I am suspicious of Steinbrenner for "latching on to me" as someone put it. It didn't hold or gain traction so it makes sense that he changed his vote. Still, suspicions exist. Call it retaliatory, call it whatever. I know that I am good and until Steinbrenner gives me a reason to change my mind, he is as good a target as I was to him initially.

As for Puddy (high five!), you are good and not going to hell, so why no vote? Were you too busy at a hockey game and forgot?

I would also be suspicious of Elaine & our resident sweetheart, Soup Nazi. Potential throwaway votes against each other (because we had a clear victim with votes stacked up against Newman) "backed up" by phony talk in the thread. I guess we will see how they vote in the future.
I stand by my initial reception of this post. Regardless of whether you agree with his assertions, I think they sound genuinely constructed.
Uncle Leo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:29 pm
The Soup Nazi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:19 pm
<snip>

Leo

Why pick on Seinfeld of all the Newman lynchers. Picks up on Yankees mogul's phony slander of him, but doesn't act omgusy about it. Ludicrous notion of me and evil hex putting up a fight to distract the crowd. Up your dosage, old geezer!
Why Jerry? because he is the one that sealed Newman's fate by changing his vote (assuming no further actions were taken). If anything, that initial comment was more about me working in Jerry's incredible cousin Jeffrey, you know, at the Parks department.

I don't agree that the idea of goat kisser & evil hex working together is a "ludicrous notion."
Tim Whatley wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:12 pm So I've just about read everything I'm going to and I have 3 specific points of interest.

What are our thoughts on Jerry? He's a troublemaker.

What are our thoughts on Elaine? She's here, but what has she contributed?

What happened to the Soup Nazi voters? What changed your mind?
I am always suspicious of characters like Jerry who are very vocal and commanding. I agree he's a troublemaker. HOWEVER, I am usually wrong about those people being bad so I have decided to not focus any further on Jerry at this time. This is purely a personal track record issue.

Nothing has changed my mind about Soup Nazi. I am curious what has caused Puddy to distrust me. I distrust his distrust of me and left a vote for him based on that. I am actually uncomfortable voting Puddy with Jerry & Elaine as the other two votes.
My interpretation here is pretty similar. I think Uncle Leo seems quite believable on the level of tone. There's a certain transparency to his portrayal of his thoughts that resonates well with me.

More recent reads

I appreciate that these exist, at the very least. They could stand to be expanded upon though. There's one mafia read, Peterman, and three of the civilian reads are based upon votes for that one mafia read. That's not a whole lot of justification. Please build from this foundation, Leo.

Conclusion:

Leo is a clash of gut and evidence. What I like: his tone is good throughout his post history. He hasn't been afraid to promote reads when he's been here. What I don't like: he has seven posts. He contributed to a terrible Puddy wagon. Borderline suspect.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

estelle - seems okay
frank - hell no
george - borderline
kenny/tim - borderline
leo - borderline
peterman - hell no

The Soup Nazi

George Steinbrenner
Elaine Benes
Jackie Chiles

Estelle Costanza
Uncle Leo

Tim Whatley
George Costanza

Frank Costanza
J Peterman
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

That's some fine work you're putting in, Seinfeld. There may be a season ticket package in the works for you. My people and I agree with your bottom two reads.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Elaine Benes wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:37 pm
Elaine Benes wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:36 pm
Animals, I meant to say.
At least three of you all belong in cages, not sure about the idiots part, however.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [NIGHT 1] Seinfeld Mafia

George Costanza wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:46 pm I'm feeling good about you people
Kramer
George Steinbrenner
Uncle Leo
Jerry
Jackie

I got bad feelings about you people
Elaine
The Soup Nazi
Estelle
Dad

I got no feelings about the rest of ya.
George Costanza wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:35 pm <snip>
I'll have to look into Peterman a little more now that you shed light on his inconsistencies.
<...>
He was off your initial list - why? Have you looked into Peterman further as you say in this second quoted post? If so, what is your conclusion?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Return to “Previous Heists”