44%

Total votes: 9
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Pirate Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:29 amIt was weird, you live with her, you know exactly how busy she is or isn't, you're not an appropriate player to be putting down a pressure vote on her. It's FAKE.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Spacedaisy »

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:33 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:29 amIt was weird, you live with her, you know exactly how busy she is or isn't, you're not an appropriate player to be putting down a pressure vote on her. It's FAKE.
I missed you said that. Thanks for being the one person to get what I'm saying.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 158

Post by dunya »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:48 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:46 pm MP showed up. I appreciate it. I know how time is tight. But I don't feel the passion and heat and fury of a thousand suns. Something's just not there and I'd feel like a baboon's ass if it were just a time issue and being worried about everything in RL. But I can't shake that feeling off. :(
If you don't feel what I'm bringing right now, I don't know what to say. "Something's just not there". Elaborate. Point to a post. This just reads like an excuse to justify consistency on me, and I find that suspect.
You know, despite my oftentimes good intuition on RYM, I got lynched constantly by people because sometimes feelings can't be proof or explained. I'd beg them to lynch someone, and they wouldn't do it. I'm not JJJ, I won't post analysis and statistics on everyone at the same time. I read and self-analyze. Some things trigger reactions from me: good or bad.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Pirate Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by dunya »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:24 pm Because he lives with me. This has 0 to do with my role, or even his alignment. Why does no one find it weird that a spouse puts a pressure vote on someone knowing full well if they have had time to be in the thread or not. If you lived with someone who was playing, and knew for a fact they have not been in the thread, would you put a pressure vote on them? how does a pressure vote get me in here? It doesn't. I am affected by it literally not at all. Thus I find it ridiculous, useless and easy. Pressure vote someone who you don't know if has been in the thread, sure. That makes sense.
I understand that, I'd probably be peeved by it too.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm not actually peeved by it. I think people have difficulty reading my emotional state, lol. Not peeved, mildly pinged.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:49 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:24 pm Because he lives with me. This has 0 to do with my role, or even his alignment. Why does no one find it weird that a spouse puts a pressure vote on someone knowing full well if they have had time to be in the thread or not. If you lived with someone who was playing, and knew for a fact they have not been in the thread, would you put a pressure vote on them? how does a pressure vote get me in here? It doesn't. I am affected by it literally not at all. Thus I find it ridiculous, useless and easy. Pressure vote someone who you don't know if has been in the thread, sure. That makes sense.
I understand that, I'd probably be peeved by it too.
You did make an appearance in the Chika thread though, which is why I wasn't as concerned by MP's "pressure vote". I appreciate the genuine response though. /adds it in notes
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Since Chicka Chicka is active, I can't comment here on anything with that.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Just a heads up, I haven’t read anything else with bwt arriving a few hours ago and I won’t be able to return before N1 ends, and it’s going to be a really busy 24 hours.

I want to provide legacy though in case I die and also provide an update on how im feeling after almost catching up this morning.

Really quick non-color rainbow list

Moderate town:
Sig

Light town:
DDL
Kyle
Quin
Speed

The WTF I have no idea group:
NewTraditionalist
SpankGangsta

Light mafia:
dunya
Spacedaisy

Moderate mafia:
Long Com
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:09 am MovingPictures07 Enjoy the last time you get any response whatsoever from your "pressure vote" which does literally 0 to get me to read or post, I think it is useless and you will never hear me comment on it again. this time around you didn't even say you thought I was suspicious. Which in itself is mildly suspicious because last time it got a very passionate reaction from me. Is that why you didn't use it here? Either way, your so called pressure vote on me is in my opinion easy and therefore lazy.

btw, I could see a DDL/MP pairing as well, given how DDL was hem hawing between MP and Quin and then ended up voting Quin.
I just have to respond and say I think your continued reaction about this is not at all similar to last time (when you were town) and strikes me, in combination with your pre-flip lynch of Wilgy, as OTT. I don’t totally buy it. I need to iso you and mull over this more but i really am increasingly thinking you’re bad.

Move Daisy to moderate mafia read.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You’re wrong, and clearly just trying to smear me at this point.

Okay i really need to stop ignoring company now BBL
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Legacy read scum team is LC, Daisy, and maybe dunya or maybe an inactive
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:29 am
MovingPictures07 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:02 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:51 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:03 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:54 pm Oh I see I’m joining a wagon

Still going ti keep my vote there but I don’t think we should let anyone become a consensus or avoid putting pressure on as many people as possible. Spread the love around. Lol
Hey, buddy pal friend, not super terribly fond of this here move.
I agree with this. Scumdar10 rating for MP07: 5.9
What was there to agree with? Explain. This is suspicious at face value, like you're just attaching onto a reason to suspect someone.

Even Kyle's initial reaction wasn't ideal, because he doesn't explain what he doesn't like about it once it's apparent I'm gone from the thread, but I'm less bothered by that. I'm bothered by this.
A widespread vote makes it really easy for the mafia to control the lynch. You know this.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:04 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:08 pm Yeah, also that Daisy vote irked me about MP07's play today. That was just weird.
"Weird" and "interesting" are words that mafia loves to throw around, while they noncommittedly make no argument or assessment as to why what they're observing is alignment-indicative.

Explain, LC. You look scummy.
People of both alignments use those words. What Mafia do is try to dress word-usage up as alignment-indicative. :eye: It was weird, you live with her, you know exactly how busy she is or isn't, you're not an appropriate player to be putting down a pressure vote on her. It's FAKE.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:09 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:11 pm Votes I'm willing to end on: DDL, MP07, speedchuck, sig... Quin if none of those are viable.
This is player salad. I hate it.

I really think LC is bad. He needs to answer for this.

I still don't like the "trying too hard" accusation because I think that's nonsense, but I wasn't willing to scumread him for it because I know it's one that LC regularly throws at mine and others' direction.

How the hell was he consensus townread during the GTH exercise? If I was caught up, there's no way I'd have given him a town reading.
:haha: More clichés. Player salad indeed. Those are the players that I discussed during the day that I came away feeling suspicious about. You can even see the various levels of my suspicion for those players laid out clearly as Scumdar10 ratings. Naming them all in one post isn't suspicious, it's called consistency, and it was a good way to remind everyone of where I stand for the lynch.

You think you have found a weakness in me to exploit, but you are wrong. And you are going down, tomorrow if I get my way.
Bullshit LC you are so bad, you even seem overly concerned with being consistent which is yet again a more likely trait of mafia than town. AND you’re absolutely misrepresenting me, you know damn well what I meant. Yes, of course town players can use ‘weird’ or ‘interesting’ and do, but at least very soundly in my experience mafia love getting attention on other players without dirtying their hands and that’s exactly what I thought you we’re doing.

Player salad is also a legitimate tell; I just saw your teammates get rightfully caught for it in Seinfeld. You threw out a bunch of different possibilities for your vote and that’s suspect because especially this early you can plant seeds and then flexibly vote for any number of options.

Anyway I am on phone and busy and will respond more later, seriously leaving now. How you can’t even fathom why I suspect you only for you to turn it around on me reeks of opportunism and you’re the one who looks fake.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm just headed into work now, and voice to texting this from my truck. You call my list player salad, and I respond by showing that it's just consistent with my suspicions throughout the day, and suddenly I'm overly concerned with being consistent. Give me a break man, I'll respond better after work.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I kind of like picturing you speaking your mafia postss. I don't know why but it's amusing
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

please don't text and drive
NewTraditionalist
Posts in topic: 4

Post by NewTraditionalist »

Shiver me timbers, mateys. The 3 sided coin decided the 1st days splinterfoot. I wasn't able to see any of yas as surely bad but hopefully that changes.

my only read so far:

Kylemii = good (for being concerned re: distracted driving...how can that be a scum poster?)

I hope to dodge the flintlock this evening and see all of you with the sunrise.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:08 pm How you can’t even fathom why I suspect you only for you to turn it around on me reeks of opportunism and you’re the one who looks fake.
:ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

This sounds so familiar...
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

NewTraditionalist wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:14 pm Shiver me timbers, mateys. The 3 sided coin decided the 1st days splinterfoot. I wasn't able to see any of yas as surely bad but hopefully that changes.

my only read so far:

Kylemii = good (for being concerned re: distracted driving...how can that be a scum poster?)

I hope to dodge the flintlock this evening and see all of you with the sunrise.
I understand all of these words separately.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Good mornin' to you, ye salty dogs! The mutineers were wise not to go after Captain Sloonbeard straight away.
That's a fight they won't be winning any time soon. Arr. Me thought I heard some swashbuckling below decks, but it seems yer all accounted for today,
so I see no reason not to hoist the sails and put on a little shanty. Who's got rum?
Play nice, lads, and make sure you put a filthy scab in the water at the end of the day! Arr!

Night 1 has ended. No one was killed.
It is Day 2. You have 48 hours to make somebody walk the plank.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:00 pm Play nice, lads, and make sure you put a filthy scab in the water at the end of the day! Arr!
SQUAAAWWWK filthy scab filthy scab walk the plank
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Re: Pirate Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Kylemii »

Good night!

I still think the lynch was steered away from a baddie lynch last phase, I plan to review that shit today. I haven't yet finished the vote order summary that I was working on but I will when I have time
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 32

Post by sig »

Well shit, I was hoping I'd be NK so i wouldn't need to catch up in this mess of a thread.

Before I even go back and read I plan to vote for whoever started and allowed for the CF onto Wilgy or one of the two original tied voters, Quin or MP. I should be catching up tonight and early tomorrow, but I've got a fair amount of junk to do before I go to bed so it'll be sporadic.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Quin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:13 pm
sig wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:23 pm Switched to NewTraditionalist until they post.

I didn't read Kyle's post as that odd or pingy.

I figured MP was messing/flirting with you over that vote Daisy, I'm surprised you're taking it that way.

I've got nothing else to add besides the fact that I think either DDL or LC is bad, but not both. The other baddies are either semi active or inactive I believe. I must be off for the time, but I'll be back tomorrow.
I don't understand how you can form an assumption like this on Day 1. Does this mean you're currently town-reading all the other active players?
It's a general idea/gut read and notice I did name two players who could be mafia who are active. Plus i'd say from a statistical point of view there's a good chance I'm right. :srsnod:
dunya wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:11 pm People I'd be willing to lynch today in order:

Kyle - I appreciate the excuse of being rusty (me too dude, apart from Seinfeld I played here, and the few days I was alive in Street Fighter mafia, I haven't played in aaaages). Still, something strikes me as insincere. Something strikes me as being mafia and trying to hard to be townie. Something strikes me as playing it too safe and trying to appear purposely unknowledgeable. I stand by it. Even yesterdays "rainbow list and reads" were like a mafia coverup trying to keep everyone somewhat happy because you're taking initiative and making an effort so to keep them at bay. Didn't like it.

MovingPicture - I want to say your dissertation is reason of your absence. But you have people suspecting you. Townie you would be going bonkers at this point. You haven't made a suspect list. Your contributions day 1 were out there, but timid. Every time someone answered a query, you said you were happy with that explanation. Where are you? Why aren't you probing harder? Why are you encouraging a Day 1 no-poster lynch?

Quin - wishy washy. Had him down as semi-town. Participation has dwindled down quite noticeably and I wonder if that's in part due to fear of being eliminated since some heat was thrown his way, and wanting to show up at the eleventh hour to cast a vote. Seems too obvious, so I don't like it. Prove me wrong.
This strikes me as more townie MP. Whenever I've played with him and he's scum he is very suptown, I find it more likely to believe he's busy. This was also a main reason behind my vote.
sig wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:00 pm Can't talk in class will explain vote later
Okay so, this was partly my bad. I thought the poll was about to close, saw a tie, and made a snap decision. At this point I still believed MP was more civvie then Quin and a few of Quin's posts had pinged me. As I continue to catch up I'll see how my opinion changes, but I was confident in my vote at that time and believed Quin was more likely to be bad then MP.

MovingPictures07 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:34 pm Perhaps I'm finding it hard to be objective on Kyle because I'm just so happy to have him back around and really don't want to lynch the guy on D1 of his first game back when he's been dying to play a game. I should throw that sentiment out to the window, but I can't seem to be able to.

OOO I don't like this post at all. :ponder:

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:48 pm Ok Im still here.

I dont like this day end.

I dont like how quin and mp are not voting each oter.

Cfd on wilgy guys?
I want to lynch DDL, for this alone. There is no good reason to CFD onto Wilgy.

At this point I believe the votes were split between Quin, MP, and DDL this is the second CFD I sense shenanigans.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:50 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:49 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:46 pm dunya, you're here. Talk to me. Pick just one person who should go and why, hurry.
:suspish:
Explain your thoughts now. This is nonsense.
How is this not standard Wilgy? Explain to me what was off?
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:54 pmnvm i voted wilgy

Why?

Also no NK either means the mafia team is totally inept and inactive, which I find hard to believe OR they were hit by the jail keeper/2 shot role blocker. If this is the case I highly encourage them to claim, before the end of this phase preferably in the last 12 hours so we can still have discussions and gather reads.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 pm It seems the towniest thing to do is not be here for the latter half of the day. Thanks GTH reads.

:keys:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:38 pm
- LC and sig are the most consensus townread players. Based on what I'm familiar with at the start of the game, the LC consensus isn't surprising, but the sig one is. Note to self: need to look into this and see what people have said about sig itt.
:keys: :keys: :keys:

I still think LC could be mafia :shrug: buuuut I'm leaning away from that right now.
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

What is CFD?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Chinese fire drill, its where everyone changes their votes st the last minute.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm at work ftr, so I may be around but bear with me if I'm not super post.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Quin wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:57 pm Wilgy's posting gambit is annoying but not suspicious < Was pinged once by dunya

Moved to dunya.
I don't like this, I'm glad he switched off of Wilgy since it was a stupid lynch, but there was no reason to vote for him in the first place. I also don't like how Quin and MP never voted for each other.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:26 pm Wow that sucks.

Sorry Wilgy.

This is what happened, guys: I wasn't feeling very sure on either the Quin or the MP lynch. And don't even get me staretd on NT because I despise lynches on inactives.

So I saw someone mentioned they wanted Wilgy to be punished for his posting. I didn't have an opinion on him at all. But having seen CFDs work in the past, I thought "why not?" and tried to push one on him. Maybe it could reveal us something. I dunno.

It didn't work though.

Though it might have revealed something, from what I'm seeing (I'm not fully caught up)
I really dislike this post, first you apologize then after you try to give some reasoning, I also find it pingy for why you explain your CFD. It doesn't add up why you would switch to Wilgy.

So I don't like that MP started the CFD on DDL, but as I said I can see his reasoning. I really don't like anyone who voted for Wigly I definitely feel like this was an attempt to save a teammate and I'm inclined to believe it was DDL. I'll do some ISOs and put more thought into this later, but as it stands I think DDL and Quin could be teammates and there third member was inactive.

Speed said he didn't like CFDs so I'm curious why he was the first voter on Wilgy's wagon. [mention]speedchuck[/mention] could you explain this or quote your explanation?

I still suspect LC and I'm finding Daisy's accusations of MP to be pingy.

I'm torn on MP, I still read him as a civ, but I hate CFDs in general and find it odd he wouldn't vote for Quin.

Minus the inactive players, if I didn't mention them above then I've either got no good read on them or a slight civ read.
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

first you apologize then after you try to give some reasoning, I also find it pingy for why you explain your CFD
The two aren't mutually exclusive. I can feel bad for something but also explain my thought proccess so the people suspecting me for it know there is an explanation for it other than "DDL was bad and decided to get a civvie lynched".

Also my reason for it was half assed, and I don't deny it. With 10 minutes left and I being late for my dancing class, I decided to lynch someone at random. I just wanted to stop the lynches on MP and Quin which I wasn't happy with. My reason for suspecting MP was a huge tinfoil and the one for lynching Quin was one I was not exactly confident about two days later.

In retrospect, I maybe should have accepted it was Day 1 and took the risk with the Quin lynch, but hindsight is 20/20.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I also have had a bad experience with CFDs in general, but I decided to do one for a change just to see if it could change my mind.

I remain more unconvinced than ever on CFDs.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 122

Post by speedchuck »

sig wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:10 pm Speed said he didn't like CFDs so I'm curious why he was the first voter on Wilgy's wagon. @speedchuck could you explain this or quote your explanation?
Was growing wary of the current wagons, if you can call them that.

See, this wasn't really a CFD. CFD's mean that there is a lynch target, and you move to someone else really quickly at the end. From 1 to 2, in other words. This was more of a clusterf**k. Nobody had more than 4 votes at any time. Not even past 1/3 majority. There were two lynch wagons, each with 3 votes when I voted Wilgy (I think). With a single vote, I made Wilgy viable.

That's not really a CFD. That's voting a currently unpopular lynch option.

That may not satisfy you, but really. You can't CFD a lynch that is already tied. Just screw it up some more.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:08 pmBullshit LC you are so bad, you even seem overly concerned with being consistent which is yet again a more likely trait of mafia than town.
Let's break it down. So, I listed the players that I had stated suspicion of during day 1. You call it "player salad" as if it's indicative that I'm bad. In my clarification, I used the word "consistency" one time, indicating that it's not some "salad" that I'm tossing out there, but that it is just a summary of players that I found suspicious.

You read the word "consistency" and decide that I'm "overly concerned with being consistent", and furthermore, it's a "likely trait of mafia". How am I "overly concerned" about it when it didn't even come up until you challenged the validity of my list? Is there something untrue about what what I said? Nope! What do you think is the truth: that I listed the players I suspect so people know where I stand for the lynch... or that I was thinking "I'd better appear consistent, I'll list the names of players I claimed to suspect so that no one will question my consistency!"

You weren't even accusing me of trying too hard to appear consistent, you were accusing me of "player salad", a term you decided to drop without clarifying why... just that it makes me bad. So, my crime is trying to, I guess, flood the thread with names to keep people distracted from me, maybe? But then I said the word "consistency", and suddenly I'm "overly concerned with consistency", and that's a "likely trait of mafia". GIVE ME A BREAK.
AND you’re absolutely misrepresenting me, you know damn well what I meant. Yes, of course town players can use ‘weird’ or ‘interesting’ and do, but at least very soundly in my experience mafia love getting attention on other players without dirtying their hands and that’s exactly what I thought you we’re doing.
Oh, classic... "misrepresenting you". Oh wait, sorry... "absolutely misrepresenting you". Is that what it's called when I'm Civ and I tell you that Civs use the word "weird" too? Because that's exactly our reality right now.

How was it unclear that I "knew damn well" what you meant? Did I somehow make you believe I misunderstood you? It wasn't a difficult concept - you wanted to portray my use of the word "weird" without a followup explanation of why shows that I'm bad. I denied that accusation, and clarified why it was weird. So what's with this "knew damn well" crap? Yes, I knew what you meant, and I didn't give any indication that I misunderstood. And WOW, Spacedaisy thought it was weird as well, for the same reasons! Clearly we're teammates.

I've never heard the expression "at least very soundly"... you sound so sure of yourself. Is that, like, a super-adverb? ...since you want to go with "words Mafia members say" as a good reason to suspect someone. At least very soundly in my experience.
Player salad is also a legitimate tell; I just saw your teammates get rightfully caught for it in Seinfeld. You threw out a bunch of different possibilities for your vote and that’s suspect because especially this early you can plant seeds and then flexibly vote for any number of options.
Yeah... except I had already made cases and displayed reasons for suspicion for each of those players earlier in the thread. That list wasn't "thrown out there" like you want to portray it - that list existed whether I wrote it or not. Anyone could have spent the time to go through my posts and come up with the exact same list; I was just saving everyone the trouble.

And it's delightful how you say I was planting seeds so I could flexibly vote for any of them, AND YET I was at work for the last couple of hours of the lynch, my vote inflexibly placed on you.
Anyway I am on phone and busy and will respond more later, seriously leaving now. How you can’t even fathom why I suspect you only for you to turn it around on me reeks of opportunism and you’re the one who looks fake.
What the hell even is that last sentence?

Where did you get the idea that I can't fathom why you suspect me?

How am I "turning it around on you" when you were one of my top suspects, and I voted to lynch you, before you came after me?

When you realize the true answers to these questions, maybe you'll understand that the reeking opportunism you're smelling is a lot more likely to be coming off you in little wavy lines... and that you, again, are the one who is faking opinions.

As always, I am laughing at myself now, because it's highly doubtful that you'll directly address anything I'm saying here, just like you failed to address the part of my post that you cut out:
Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:29 am
MovingPictures07 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:02 amWhat was there to agree with? Explain. This is suspicious at face value, like you're just attaching onto a reason to suspect someone.

Even Kyle's initial reaction wasn't ideal, because he doesn't explain what he doesn't like about it once it's apparent I'm gone from the thread, but I'm less bothered by that. I'm bothered by this.
A widespread vote makes it really easy for the mafia to control the lynch. You know this.
An honest MP07 might have said, "yes, that's true, I see where you're coming from"... but your focus was only on trying to get people to see me as bad, so a sentiment like that didn't really fit, did it? Much easier to ignore it, and to physically highlight and delete it from your attack post. ;)

Anyhoo... voting MP07.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oops! I had this in another tab, it was supposed to be the start of the post above!

All right, let's get started. I read that MP stuff he said about me on my phone while scarfing down a burger before going into work - and I was sitting in my truck in my parking spot, not driving and texting. :noble: I didn't like a word of what he was saying, because it was pretty much 100% wrong, and I'm going to just have to plow through it and fix it for my own sanity.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:56 pm
You’re wrong, and clearly just trying to smear me at this point.
First, what the hell is this statement? Trying to smear you?

Spacedaisy basically echoed what I had said about your "pressure vote" on her. Instead of making new sentences to say the same thing, I quoted the piece of my post that was relevant. Her response: "I missed you said that. Thanks for being the one person to get what I'm saying." Which is more or less the reason why I reiterated the point I had already made. Where do you get off calling that a "smear attempt"? "Clearly just trying to smear me"... this is not a realistic assessment.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

If we have a doctor, then we're dealing with a vanilla mafia team. I think that's the only valuable comment I can make about role stuff. Watchers and Trackers don't have to doubt their results.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

[mention]MovingPictures07[/mention]

Over 14 hours later, and the mic is still where I dropped it. Except for speedchuck leaning down and speaking mechanics into it... I think he was testing to see if it's still on.

Come pick it up, if you are ready to look simple truth in the eye.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

His absence is due to him defending his dissertation proposal today which he did successfully btw! Now he's on the job market! :omg:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well, let's hope he can defend himself as well in the thread, or he'll also be on the end of a plank! :feb:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Lol
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Who were the player's with 2 or more votes near the end of the lynch yesterday? There was DDL, DrWilgy, MP, Quin was there anyone else?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 171

Post by Quin »

It's not the first time MP's pressure vote for Daisy has been called into question. The same thing that happened in this thread happened in another game (though to a lesser extent) in The Search for Quin. It was pretty well established in that game that pressure votes between them don't carry much weight, since significant others should well know eachother's availability. Yet he does it anyway here. While he had a back and forth about it with her in TSFQ, he doesn't respond in this game. I could see a baddie MP trying to cover his bases on Day 1 like this.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:54 pm Who were the player's with 2 or more votes near the end of the lynch yesterday? There was DDL, DrWilgy, MP, Quin was there anyone else?
dunya, for like 30 seconds.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I don't think dunya had her hand in any vote shenanigans, though. She threw hers on MP as soon as she started taking votes.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So I've been playing 3 games at once which means I put this one in the fridge. Will catch up now.

(though there doesn't seen to be many posts to catch up on)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:23 am So I've been playing 3 games at once which means I put this one in the fridge. Will catch up now.

(though there doesn't seen to be many posts to catch up on)
It's ok... I've got this lynch. You can relax.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:38 pm It's not the first time MP's pressure vote for Daisy has been called into question. The same thing that happened in this thread happened in another game (though to a lesser extent) in The Search for Quin. It was pretty well established in that game that pressure votes between them don't carry much weight, since significant others should well know eachother's availability. Yet he does it anyway here. While he had a back and forth about it with her in TSFQ, he doesn't respond in this game. I could see a baddie MP trying to cover his bases on Day 1 like this.
One thing that I've noticed is that arguing with MP over the point of applying his methods is futile. He is strongly believer in the more info = better reads concept, which I partially agree with. So he will put pressure votes in hopes of obtaining anything no matter how meaningful or meaningless it might be. And he did obtrain an angry reaction from Daisy, so it's not like the exercise was futile (what that reaction means is another story).
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

So like, 8 hours left?

I have company so I won't be around as much. Nobody is doing anything.

Maybe I should move onto MP? Imma do that.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:11 am
Quin wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:38 pm It's not the first time MP's pressure vote for Daisy has been called into question. The same thing that happened in this thread happened in another game (though to a lesser extent) in The Search for Quin. It was pretty well established in that game that pressure votes between them don't carry much weight, since significant others should well know eachother's availability. Yet he does it anyway here. While he had a back and forth about it with her in TSFQ, he doesn't respond in this game. I could see a baddie MP trying to cover his bases on Day 1 like this.
One thing that I've noticed is that arguing with MP over the point of applying his methods is futile. He is strongly believer in the more info = better reads concept, which I partially agree with. So he will put pressure votes in hopes of obtaining anything no matter how meaningful or meaningless it might be. And he did obtrain an angry reaction from Daisy, so it's not like the exercise was futile (what that reaction means is another story).
No one can read my emotional state. I guarantee you that I was not at any point angry with him. I was pointing out how lazy that "pressure vote" is because it applied literally zero pressure.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Furthermore, his response to this whole situation feels like he's trying to find where the balance is to not get me riled up but to look like he's being normal about me. I'm voting MP.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”