Phenon: Origins Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 157

Re: Phenon: Origins Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Spooky Ghost »

India wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:02 pmAnd now we cannot spell dick.
:[
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

If I should die tonight I will do so with only one regret; the regret that I failed to complete my most sacred mission.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Chuck »

If I die, lynch . . . Echo?
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Phenon: Origins Mafia [Day 2]

Post by sprityo »

Day 2

“Time’s up.” The voice said. In that instant the lights flashed and when they returned not but a few seconds later. India was gone. Disintegrated by the looks, his clothes in a heap on the floor. They checked the pockets in case he had anything on him, what they found was surprising. A note he had snagged off of another scientist earlier detailing about a mission to steal their research. They all looked to Echo now as it appears he had been foiled.

INDIA HAS DIED IN THE NIGHT

ECHO HAS BEEN REVEALED AS A
DISGUISER

Day 2 ends in 48 hours
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

A Majority was not reached.

There will be no reveals upon lynches. The game continues as normal
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Well that's definitely a plot twist.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

India wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:37 pm If I die, lynch . . . Echo?
Vowel unity.
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 165
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

lol excellent
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Poll doesn't work on my phone. Voting Echo whenever it lets me.

This provides a great solving opportunity. Echo is the disguiser and his teammates may be identifiable in his posts (including or not including Kilo) It'll be muddier than usual perhaps given the no flip dynamic. I'll take a look a bit later.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

India wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:26 pmDisguiser is a scary role. I want them to sweat.
India is a fucking badass.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

i don't understand why they chose to kill India. India didn't seem to buy Echo's claim. Echo was deliberately fake claiming so the mafia should have known there was a possibility that the real Oracle would be their strongest opposition.
India wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:18 pm
Juliet wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:54 am
India wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:11 am We could have waited for day two to pull that. Then the oracle would have a choice regarding who to reveal. How unfortunate.

And furthermore, since the oracle is vanilla so long as it lives, I would imagine that the bad guys would avoid killing it. And the good guys would avoid lynching it as well.

So, I don't really want to believe you, Echo. I wonder what your motive is. Bad guy, trying to avoid being lynched? Good guy, trying not to get lynched or killed? Or are you a genuine Oracle, though very short-sighted?
It's not short-sighted, it's a pretty, solid plan,
What would you have done if you were dealt that hand?
Do you have some thoughts on why he took this stand?
I think it's legit, and he/she's a cool little can.
I have stated the possible motives. I dare not put words in the mouth of Echo. Such would be ironic.

You ask what I, as Oracle, would have done? I could consider this to be role phishing. But I will answer regardless or your motive.
Oracle, should they desire to do well and be killed rather than lynched, should be as town-centric in action as possible. I believe the term is 'supah-town,' if you will forgive my use of non-words. The gambit that Echo has enacted is not ideal for a real Oracle.
In light of everything else, the Juliet post quoted by India here seems to be relevant.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Chuck »

Alpha wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:21 pm
India wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:26 pmDisguiser is a scary role. I want them to sweat.
India is a fucking badass.
Damn straight.

Good luck my fellow scientists.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Principal Skinner »

Holy shit?!?!?!?!?

Amazing.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

I was sure Echo was lying about the oracle, but I figured there were civ reasons (avoiding getting nightkilled and/or protecting the real oracle). I certainly wasn't expecting this. Guess they were fishing for the real one, and I don't think India hinted at it at all or anything but they somehow got it. Or maybe they just killed India because they were a pretty active/supertownish player and they got lucky. Either way, this outcome is hilarious.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Or wait no, I reversed that. The mafia wouldn't have been trying to kill the oracle precisely because of this. I mean their kill was lucky... for us. :p
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

They must have been worried that India was going to cause problems for their fake claim strategy and didn't think about

i wonder if the disguiser role was going to factor in somehow? It's weird that the player who chose to fake-claim was the player they designated to have the disguiser role.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

They must have been worried that India was going to cause problems for their fake claim strategy and didn't think about the potential risks of hitting the real oracle.
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grand Scheme »

From the one other time I dealt with the Disguiser role, it functioned as thus : When the Disguiser killed someone, their original account was shown as dying and they took over the account of their actual target. Which would mean India was the original account of the Disguiser and Echo the actual kill last night. Important for when looking at possible connections.

[VOTE: ] aubergine
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Wait what?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Are you saying that Echo was the Oracle and India was the disguiser?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

India wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:37 pm If I die, lynch . . . Echo?
If India was the Disguiser and Echo was the real Oracle then this looks like a weird move. If that were the case then. This post would have been the disguiser telling us to lynch their future self right?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

If Echo we're the real Oracle then it would have been impossible for us to have been given Oracle results listing him as the Disguiser, because the Oracle cannot self target... and even if they could the oracle's ability is separate from the Disguiser thing, there's no reason why the Disguiser would effect the oracle reveal... Right?
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Delta wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:51 am From the one other time I dealt with the Disguiser role, it functioned as thus : When the Disguiser killed someone, their original account was shown as dying and they took over the account of their actual target. Which would mean India was the original account of the Disguiser and Echo the actual kill last night. Important for when looking at possible connections.

[VOTE: ] aubergine
[VOTE:

...Huh?
Nah. Technically this could be the case but it seems highly unlikely. I'm pretty sure that India was actually the oracle and targeted echo and India was targeted for the kill and echo has been the disguiser the whole time.]
aubergine
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

The votes on Echo right now are ABCD, maybe we can keep this alphabet train rolling?
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Alpha wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:32 am If Echo we're the real Oracle then it would have been impossible for us to have been given Oracle results listing him as the Disguiser, because the Oracle cannot self target... and even if they could the oracle's ability is separate from the Disguiser thing, there's no reason why the Disguiser would effect the oracle reveal... Right?
This was the problem thst crossed my mind, as would it really be targeting themselves if they were taken over by the Disguiser? How would it work if an Echo that was Oracle targeted the India account that was the Disguiser but is now using the Echo account?

Could just be mafia derped and didn't use their Disguiser, despite their being no reason not to.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I'm acting under the assumption that India was the oracle and exposed Echo as the disguiser. It might not be totally kosher, but it's in the thread: India's one dead post is looks like a confirmation to me.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Given that, I am going to squeeze Echo's corpse for all the juiciness it might have to offer.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Echo and Alpha things
Echo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:05 am
Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:39 am
Echo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:28 am
Kilo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:10 am*Foxtrot*
Why Foxtrot and not Delta?
Why Delta over Foxtrot?
Because we want to spell "dick" and not "fick".
Echo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:27 am
Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:18 am Unless the goal is to put vote pressure on Delta until they post?
That's what I thought the idea of the Delta vote was.
Echo poked Kilo about his vote with spelling dick in mind (the product of Alpha). This doesn't tell me much. If anything, Echo working an irrelevant game activity into a relevant one by challenging votes might reflect decently on Alpha, as Alpha was the source of the irrelevance. That's rather reachy though.
Echo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:57 pm I, for one, would like to see more jabs.

Like this jab, at Alpha: take my vote until you can come up with a non-dick-related reason to vote someone that I like more than my vote for you. You don't have to waver from your excellent dick plan, but you can't hide behind it.

*vote Alpha*
I think Alpha made himself a bit of an easy target early on with the dick-spelling crusade, and in that regard Echo may have taken the bait here. That'd be a nice look.

This whole exchange looks like Echo trying to explain himself to someone who would actually need an explanation, as in someone not teamed with him.

Conclusion: I don't think they look like teammates.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

[mention]sprityo[/mention] did you happen to keep the Day 1 tally anywhere?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Echo and Charlie things
Echo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:08 am
Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:04 pm

Like this jab, at Alpha: take my vote until you can come up with a non-dick-related reason to vote someone that I like more than my vote for you. You don't have to waver from your excellent dick plan, but you can't hide behind it.

*vote Alpha*
I think Charlie is puffing themselves up to try to seem ultra-civ.

I think "let's stop making jokes and only focusing on killing criminals" is an easy feel-good stance to take in a mafia game, and in Charlie it seems forced.
Ok, well, I'm a letter of my word. That ios better. *vote Charlie*
After giving Alpha crap for the irrelevance of spelling dick, Alpha responded with more substantive content: suspicion of Charlie. Echo promptly jumped on that wagon. Well actually the timestamps show it as a 10 hour difference between the two posts in this quote, but it was still Echo's next post.
Echo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:55 pm Well, both. If I didn't agree, then it wouldn't be a reason for me to vote for him.
Echo reiterated his agreement with Alpha's assessment of Charlie. If nothing else, this represents a carefree attitude about voting a guy who took a lot of crap throughout day 1. I don't think that's typical bussing behavior.

It appears Charlie didn't mention Echo until this phase. I don't fault Charlie for thinking the oracle claim may have been driven by an intent to provide cover, because I also thought that to be a possibility. I'm surprised not to see any prior mentions though given that Echo moved against him, essentially in a piggyback motion alongside Alpha. I'd expect a civilian to protest that in some capacity, or to ask questions.

Conclusion: I'd say they're compatible as teammates, but this content is not indicative that they are teammates.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Echo and Delta things
Why Delta over Foxtrot?
Echo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:27 am
Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:18 am Unless the goal is to put vote pressure on Delta until they post?
That's what I thought the idea of the Delta vote was.
That's it. In some scenarios I might say the first post in the top pyramid isn't great because it would be a textbook example of distancing if Kilo is civilian (asking a civilian why they aren't voting for [teammate] to pin them for it later). However, I am hesitant to put a lot of credence in that here when the core inspiration is literally a dick joke.

Conclusion: not enough to make a meaningful judgment.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Echo and Foxtrot things
Why Delta over Foxtrot?
This would be the reverse of what I just said about Delta. In this case if they're teammates, Echo is deflecting from Foxtrot to focus on Delta instead, for the sake of the dick joke. Again, I am hesitant to make much of this.
Echo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:29 pm Well, India, I guess we'll see where this gambit gets me. You may be right and you may be wrong.

Welcome Foxtrot - your avatar is the shit! :slick:
Generic welcome when Foxtrot joined the action.
Echo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:55 pm I see Foxtrot has also voted Charlie, currently tied with Golf at three votes apiece.
Echo felt the need to make this observation. I don't know what he meant to imply about Foxtrot if anything. Any forced mention wouldn't be great, and this bears that appearance.
Foxtrot wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:14 pm

*vote Alpha*
This is dumb. Echo what word do you wanna spell?
This is everything in Foxtrot's posts about Echo that I can see. I don't know what the purpose of the post is.

Conclusion: some of this content appears forced on both sides. I could see it being a teammate interaction.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Echo and Golf things
Echo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:55 pm I see Foxtrot has also voted Charlie, currently tied with Golf at three votes apiece.
That's it for Echo. The mention of Golf appears circumstantial and means little to me.

I don't see any mentions of Echo in Golf's posts.

Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

The search function isn't handling single letters on their own well, like when people just call each other by their letters instead of the phonetic term. It's possible I am missing things given that, so yell at me if that's the case.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Echo and Hotel things

I see no mention of Hotel in Echo's posts.
Hotel wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 pm Reads after quickly skimming the thread:

Town:
A
G
E

Mafia:
C
F

I'll vote to save G.
This is all I can find. Hotel liked Echo after a quick skim. Hotel qualified these as tone reads later. This isn't necessarily an issue, but it does beg expansion now. Please talk about these reads more if you could Hotel as they currently stand, even apart from just Echo.

Conclusion: the one data point doesn't inspire confidence. It doesn't terrify me either. This is inconclusive pending further dialogue.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Echo and Juliet things
Echo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:23 pm
Juliet wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:18 pm I am literally a cup of coffee.

Pleased to see y'all here.
I already like you better than the other one! jk
Chummy welcome.
Echo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:33 am
Juliet wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:41 pm
Bravo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:33 pm On this page so far we have spelled CISPRITYOJIABB, which is one of my absolute favorite words
If we play our cards right, we can fill this game with lots of jibs.
Juliet wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:43 pm Did I say jib? I meant gibe.

Like this jab...
That's what is known as a "segue", often misspelled "segway".
Thanks for that?
Echo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:39 am
Juliet wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:28 am What's up town, it's Dr. J,
I brought along my vote and I'm here to stay.
You ask me if I'd want to lynch the letter K?
I tell you "Yesssir! After an and MIA".
Why not instead lynch the letter G?
Or better yet, toss your votes on the AWOL D?
A letter that's the furthest from what our eyes see,
Just like the moon at its apogee.
:clap:
Teammates or not, Juliet's rap does warrant applause. :clap:
Echo wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:45 am What was that crap about Juliet being Wilgy, and therefore town?
This one is rather juicy. I don't remember by whom or when that Wilgy thing was said, but I'll look into it after this exercise. Echo felt the need to tear down this notion though without specifically implicating anyone by name who promoted it. My instinct is to explore this as a distancing effort, but then I've also just recalled the no-reveals mechanic and how that muddies the waters. :ponder: I'll see how the rest looks.
Juliet wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:54 am
India wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:11 am We could have waited for day two to pull that. Then the oracle would have a choice regarding who to reveal. How unfortunate.

And furthermore, since the oracle is vanilla so long as it lives, I would imagine that the bad guys would avoid killing it. And the good guys would avoid lynching it as well.

So, I don't really want to believe you, Echo. I wonder what your motive is. Bad guy, trying to avoid being lynched? Good guy, trying not to get lynched or killed? Or are you a genuine Oracle, though very short-sighted?
It's not short-sighted, it's a pretty, solid plan,
What would you have done if you were dealt that hand?
Do you have some thoughts on why he took this stand?
I think it's legit, and he/she's a cool little can.
If we accept the scenario where India is the oracle and Echo is the disguiser, this is a funny moment. Juliet protested India's protest of Echo's claim, or more accurately the strategy behind the claim. I'm not sure why Juliet felt the claim-on-day-1 plan was a good one.

Conclusion: it doesn't look great at face value. I'd call them compatible teammates.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Echo and Kilo things

He's dead already, but it's still valuable to see if we can glean anything of his alignment now.
Why Delta over Foxtrot?
Basically asking Kilo why he isn't helping to spell dick by voting Delta. As I've said, I don't care to analyze this deeply.

Nothing from Kilo about Echo.

Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Based on those analyses, given the assumption that Echo is the mafia disguiser, here's a rainbow based both on those interactions and how players look to me at face value.

Alpha
Golf
Charlie

Delta
Hotel

Foxtrot
Juliet

Echo

Dead:
India
Kilo
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Charlie is probably the biggest point of separation between the analytic appearance and my perspective of them at face value. I think technical evidence exists that they could be teamed with Echo, but I am more moved by the genuine appearance of their posts.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Why not take the 15th consecutive post? :grin:
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

The Echo lynch might seem like the obvious choice, but it would be lame if we let the phase fetter away quietly while he gets lynched. Complacency is the opposite of ideal, especially in a game where the analytic power of the civilians is diminished by the mechanics. Let's use our time effectively. Tell me what you think of my interaction checks. Give your own reads. Say things about the mafia game. Say things in general. Escape from the harshness of cruel reality in this message board forum thread.
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

The most suspicious thing from last day phase was Foxtrot's change from apathy towards the setup to pushing pretty hard on a few people and making the connections between players that he was saying wouldn't be there with no flips. Would currently be my choice for next days lynch.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Even though I couldn't complete my personal "let's spell dick" mission I'm really proud that it is now being brought up as an event worthy of reading people's alignments based on.

I'm finding myself agreeing with a lot of Bravo's thoughts on potential Echo ties.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Nice analysis Bravo. I'd definitely be down to vote for Juliets next phase or maybe Foxtrot (I can't quite put my finger on how I feel about Foxtrot yet)
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Juliet* lol
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

It's kinda weird that everyone that isn't an a passing grade letter just vanished off the face of the earth.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Bravo wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:57 pm @sprityo did you happen to keep the Day 1 tally anywhere?
I did not

The vote split was 1,2,1,4 but that’s as far as I remember

I’ll be sure to get it next time
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

yeah where the heck is everyone? although I just remembered that we have 48 hour days, not 24 so this isn't ending now

[mention]sprityo[/mention] why isn't the poll showing the deadline??
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

We can probably reconstruct the poll if we work together and believe in each other. I voted for...... Delta
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I voted Kilo.

Return to “Previous Heists”