Phenon: Origins Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 165
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Re: Phenon: Origins Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Julinook »

The Echo lynch might seem like the obvious choice, but it would be lame if we let the phase fetter away quietly while he gets lynched. Complacency is the opposite of ideal, especially in a game where the analytic power of the civilians is diminished by the mechanics. Let's use our time effectively. Tell me what you think of my interaction checks. Give your own reads. Say things about the mafia game. Say things in general. Escape from the harshness of cruel reality in this message board forum thread.
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grand Scheme »

The most suspicious thing from last day phase was Foxtrot's change from apathy towards the setup to pushing pretty hard on a few people and making the connections between players that he was saying wouldn't be there with no flips. Would currently be my choice for next days lynch.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Even though I couldn't complete my personal "let's spell dick" mission I'm really proud that it is now being brought up as an event worthy of reading people's alignments based on.

I'm finding myself agreeing with a lot of Bravo's thoughts on potential Echo ties.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Principal Skinner »

Nice analysis Bravo. I'd definitely be down to vote for Juliets next phase or maybe Foxtrot (I can't quite put my finger on how I feel about Foxtrot yet)
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Juliet* lol
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

It's kinda weird that everyone that isn't an a passing grade letter just vanished off the face of the earth.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Bravo wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:57 pm @sprityo did you happen to keep the Day 1 tally anywhere?
I did not

The vote split was 1,2,1,4 but that’s as far as I remember

I’ll be sure to get it next time
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

yeah where the heck is everyone? although I just remembered that we have 48 hour days, not 24 so this isn't ending now

[mention]sprityo[/mention] why isn't the poll showing the deadline??
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

We can probably reconstruct the poll if we work together and believe in each other. I voted for...... Delta
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I voted Kilo.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Charlie wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:04 pm yeah where the heck is everyone? although I just remembered that we have 48 hour days, not 24 so this isn't ending now

@sprityo why isn't the poll showing the deadline??
:shrug: idk how to do that to be honest

I just hop on at 10pm est to lock the thread
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 21

Re: Phenon: Origins Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Celeste »

Sup y'all!!! Dr. J is back in the house.

My new album was not a hit, so I've left the music biz in pursuit of other things to grind my bling. But before I completely pack my bags, I'll address my critics.
Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:17 pm
India wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:09 pm
Juliet wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:45 pm
Echo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:57 pm
Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:11 pm Without any reliable flips in this game it's more important than ever for everyone to be pretty dang clear about why they're voting for who they're voting for.
Without any flips - reliable or unreliable - it will be harder than most other games to determine which voting reasons are genuine.
Hello friends, Dr. J is back
I saw this post, and I gotta react
I like your pause, I think it's got good tact
But reasons are reasons, scum will still slack
It's a game about the mind and a game about deceit
Take a seat, watch 'em speak, or accept defeat
If we talk and talk, keep 'em out on the street
We'll nab those wolves dead on their feet.
I dislike this post. It says nothing.
[mention]Juliet[/mention], rap is cool and fun and I'm glad you're doing it. It's also going to make it harder for you to communicate and harder for us to read you. I know this is maybe antithetical to your rap strategy but if you could include a tl;dr at the end of your rap verses I would appreciate it.
India is a blunt letter. An immediate response of antagonism, but pulling no punches. I like that.

Alpha on the other hand, came in with an ambivalent approach. Agreeing with India, yet being wishy-washy to the rhymes. Not cool! Additionally, Alpha was chilling around, laying other posts on the thread after my above-quoted track, with no response to yours truly. Bad jazz for you Alpha-friend.

Especially with the immediate agreement with India, and the immediate vote-vote.
Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:25 pm I'd be okay with a Juliet vote.

And to answer Bravo-Man-Burrito:
Bravo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:34 pm
Juliet wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:28 am What's up town, it's Dr. J,
I brought along my vote and I'm here to stay.
You ask me if I'd want to lynch the letter K?
I tell you "Yesssir! After an and MIA".
Why not instead lynch the letter G?
Or better yet, toss your votes on the AWOL D?
A letter that's the furthest from what our eyes see,
Just like the moon at its apogee.
Juliet, why do you feel it is prudent to prioritize an MIA lynch over a K lynch specifically?
Let the talkers keep talking and eliminate the quiet ones who may never answer your pleas.
India wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm I have no issue with Juliet's choice to rap. I believe I inspired it.

Lack of content is lack of content.
The arrogance is strong in this one.
Foxtrot wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm Also if we lynch the Oracle it's worthless anyways.
What do you think about someone claiming to be the Oracle?

Also, the guy who said this:
Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:30 pm Next letter to complain about game mechanics will earn my eternal ire.
previously asked this:
Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:23 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:27 pmThere is no reveal upon death of any kind
Hey wait so how do we do this? How do we..... anything?
Alpha's gotta go.

Also, I see India's dead. Amazing! He/she's a badass.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Wow, the line breaks in the post are uuuuuugly.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Juliet what's ambivalent about me telling you to speak more clearly? Assuming someone is bad just because they're incomprehensible isn't my jam. I'd rather give you an opportunity to speak more clearly and see if you take it.

[mention]Juliet[/mention] do you have any updated thoughts on the India/Echo thing?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Also there's a significant difference between being dismayed at there being no info flips and flipping the table over and complaining there was no point in playing because we aren't being rewarded with information.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Your stance was ambivalent. You agreed with India's response, asked me to speak more clearly, but immediately turned that into a vote. It looks opportunistic considering I already had a vote.

You immediate response and then-after vote do not line up in my eyes.

No I don't, I'm not fully caught up on the goings-on there.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Alpha wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:02 pm Also there's a significant difference between being dismayed at there being no info flips and flipping the table over and complaining there was no point in playing because we aren't being rewarded with information.
You took some liberties in writing a dramatic quote while accusing several other unnamed people of saying such things.

Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:59 pm
some of you nerds wrote:Oh no, this game is a little bit difficult. I guess we should all just give up, and stop trying to win forever. :disappoint:
It's only day 1, why are you guys already deciding what we can't do?

Then you stated those people would receive your ire for saying such a thing again.

Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:30 pm Next letter to complain about game mechanics will earn my eternal ire.

So who flipped a table over and how did they do it and how is that different from what you said?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

J, this is a really weird wagon for you to hitch your horse to considering you just claimed you weren't caught up yet.

People were acting like babies and complaining about how the game wasn't fair and wouldn't be able to keep their interest. It became this whole thing and Sprityo intervened and had everyone vote for whether or not future lynches would include flips.

I was upset that people were giving up so easily, and weren't willing to try out Sprityo's vision just cus it was unfamiliar to them. I was also unhappy that our only power role had apparently leveraged their role's utility (giving us information) in order to keep from getting killed, but that turned out to have been false.

I complained that the game might be hard but I never gave up, and I also didn't just stop posting for three days straight. I'm still here playing because I believe we can win this game, and even if we can't I'm going to have fun or die trying.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Juliet wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:09 pm
Alpha wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:02 pm Also there's a significant difference between being dismayed at there being no info flips and flipping the table over and complaining there was no point in playing because we aren't being rewarded with information.
You took some liberties in writing a dramatic quote while accusing several other unnamed people of saying such things.

Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:59 pm
some of you nerds wrote:Oh no, this game is a little bit difficult. I guess we should all just give up, and stop trying to win forever. :disappoint:
It's only day 1, why are you guys already deciding what we can't do?

Then you stated those people would receive your ire for saying such a thing again.

So who flipped a table over and how did they do it and how is that different from what you said?
Complaining about players complaining about game mechanics and giving up is not the same thing as complaining about game mechanics.

I didn't name the players directly cus I didn't want it to get personal and it wasn't suspicion related, I just wanted to end the toxicity before it spread. If you're really curious about who was complaining you can read it yourself.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Echo »

Catching up now, apologies for the absence!
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Okay, voting Echo because why not. Need to finish catching up and then hopefully can provide some reads. This has been a tough setup to get my mind around.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

I voted Kilo as well FWIW.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Golf wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:45 pm No I am not bad. But frankly I joined this game to help fill the game out, so lynch me if you want. I won't cry over it, especially given the fact that there are no flips. I think it's unlikely the civs can possibly win this so whatever. I'm pretty uninvested.

Also, why would I distance from teammates like that if there are no flips? This is what I was trying to decide about Kilo...
Foxtrot wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:01 pm
Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:54 pm Alright so.... What does that mean?
Means I no longer give a shit.

Too stressful to care about a game that doesn't reward you with info anyways.

I just wanna have a good time and spell funny words. Like... FIB and.... and IF

Let RNG hunt down mafia.

Linki - and here comes I to rain on F's parade.
sprityo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:01 pm There seems to be an issue. Perhaps the limited power roles were more a detriment to the setup rules than anything?

I will poll tonight if you all wish for me to reveal alignments upon lynches

But nothing more than that

Apologies for the discomfort
These were the posts I was talking about. This is the toxicity I wanted to nip in the bud. I didn't like the whiney attitude and it seemed unfair to sprityo.

Also:
Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:03 pm
Juliet wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:59 pm
Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:24 pm tl;dr would force legible content and prevent rapping being used as a smokescreen.
Forcing a player and imposing your will?
Calm your jets man, sit back and chill
I can't be arsed to take your pill
I'll play as a I like, and enjoy it still :slick:
*votes Juliets* :shrug:
Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:07 pm I'll play as I like as well.

What I like is encouraging open and honest communication and pressuring players to contribute more.
My vote for you was completely fair. I asked you to alter your gimmick to be more communication friendly and you refused to do so, so I placed my vote on you as added motivation to communicate more and also better. My vote didn't even stay on you so I don't really understand what your complaint is.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Alpha and Bravo are supatown. If either one is bad, we're doomed.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Bravo, regarding your interaction analysis of Charlie and Echo, I think it seems pretty unlikely that they're teammates.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Hotel wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:43 pm Okay, voting Echo because why not. Need to finish catching up and then hopefully can provide some reads. This has been a tough setup to get my mind around.
What part are you having trouble getting your mind around?
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Bravo wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:35 pm The search function isn't handling single letters on their own well, like when people just call each other by their letters instead of the phonetic term. It's possible I am missing things given that, so yell at me if that's the case.
Duly noted, I'll try to use only full names going forward. My bad.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Alpha wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:48 pm
Golf wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:45 pm No I am not bad. But frankly I joined this game to help fill the game out, so lynch me if you want. I won't cry over it, especially given the fact that there are no flips. I think it's unlikely the civs can possibly win this so whatever. I'm pretty uninvested.

Also, why would I distance from teammates like that if there are no flips? This is what I was trying to decide about Kilo...
Foxtrot wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:01 pm
Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:54 pm Alright so.... What does that mean?
Means I no longer give a shit.

Too stressful to care about a game that doesn't reward you with info anyways.

I just wanna have a good time and spell funny words. Like... FIB and.... and IF

Let RNG hunt down mafia.

Linki - and here comes I to rain on F's parade.
sprityo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:01 pm There seems to be an issue. Perhaps the limited power roles were more a detriment to the setup rules than anything?

I will poll tonight if you all wish for me to reveal alignments upon lynches

But nothing more than that

Apologies for the discomfort
These were the posts I was talking about. This is the toxicity I wanted to nip in the bud. I didn't like the whiney attitude and it seemed unfair to sprityo.

Also:
Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:03 pm
Juliet wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:59 pm
Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:24 pm tl;dr would force legible content and prevent rapping being used as a smokescreen.
Forcing a player and imposing your will?
Calm your jets man, sit back and chill
I can't be arsed to take your pill
I'll play as a I like, and enjoy it still :slick:
*votes Juliets* :shrug:
Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:07 pm I'll play as I like as well.

What I like is encouraging open and honest communication and pressuring players to contribute more.
My vote for you was completely fair. I asked you to alter your gimmick to be more communication friendly and you refused to do so, so I placed my vote on you as added motivation to communicate more and also better. My vote didn't even stay on you so I don't really understand what your complaint is.
Thanks for pulling that quote. I missed that post originally.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Juliet wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:58 pm
Hotel wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:43 pm Okay, voting Echo because why not. Need to finish catching up and then hopefully can provide some reads. This has been a tough setup to get my mind around.
What part are you having trouble getting your mind around?
The disguiser role is still somewhat confusing to me, but I'm taking your all's word for it and rolling with it. The lack of flips is very bizarre and I have no idea what to do with it. And maybe it's the sockpuppets too, but I've just been having trouble understanding pretty much anything so far.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Bravo wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:41 pm Echo and Hotel things

I see no mention of Hotel in Echo's posts.
Hotel wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 pm Reads after quickly skimming the thread:

Town:
A
G
E

Mafia:
C
F

I'll vote to save G.
This is all I can find. Hotel liked Echo after a quick skim. Hotel qualified these as tone reads later. This isn't necessarily an issue, but it does beg expansion now. Please talk about these reads more if you could Hotel as they currently stand, even apart from just Echo.

Conclusion: the one data point doesn't inspire confidence. It doesn't terrify me either. This is inconclusive pending further dialogue.
Sorry, not sure what else I can do to qualify it, but I can try. My reads were really weak at that stage (and still sort of are I think, but whatever), I was just trying to force myself to commit to at least some things. Alpha seemed genuinely supatown, Golf seemed genuine (given I know who is behind the sock, the frustration regarding receiving negative attention as well as the setup's lack of flips rang true), and Echo seemed genuine (not knowing who is behind the sock, but I liked the "jabs" and attempts to generate discussion when reading through the beginning of the game).

Charlie (not knowing who was behind the sock but I think I have a solid idea now) seemed maybe insincere but I've since come to terms with that and don't have any particular concerns. and I felt wary of Foxtrot because they seemed insincere as well, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about them still. Need to ISO them probably.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Did I just say qualify instead of quantify? Jeeze. need more coffee.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

A rainbow:

Alpha
Bravo
Charlie

Golf

Delta
Juliet

Foxtrot

Echo
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Yeah echo is dead

Night 2 ends in 21 hours or 10pm EST tomorrow

Chat to your hearts content
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Hotel wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:57 pm Bravo, regarding your interaction analysis of Charlie and Echo, I think it seems pretty unlikely that they're teammates.
Is there a particular moment you could point to which brings you to that conclusion?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Juliet wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:02 pm Thanks for pulling that quote. I missed that post originally.
Which quote did you miss, and what impact does this exchange have upon your read of Alpha?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I like Hotel's content on this page. The combination of a confused approach to the game and to making reads with a willingness to give it a shot anyway and commit to those reads rings as genuine to me. I think it's the right mindset too. This is a challenging setup, but all we can do is give it our best shot with whatever reads we can develop under the circumstances.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Lunatella »

I'm sorry if you think I was being whiny, I've had discussions with Sprityo behind the scenes and made it clear to him that while my opinion is this is a severely civ handicapping element, I vote for flips but would defer to him if he felt like doing so would break his game. I don't appreciate you going on and on about how awful I and others are for saying outright what we see as a balance issue. I am entitled to my opinion and I have been nothing but supportive of whatever Sprityo believes is best for his game while still being honest about my evaluation of the balance. Clearly others think like you and I am fine with it, but I would appreciate if you would move on from continuing to make it a personal attack on me and any one else who stated what they believed to be a problematic mechanic. I am not a whiner and I don't appreciate you continuing to call me names basically. Stop it, or we can take it to the mod.

I apologize to the players and host for my recent absence in the last 48 hours, I have been extremely busy and not getting enough sleep. I just didn't have the time. But I am back now. Please don't take this personally Sprityo and bear with us, this is the holiday season and it might be hard to be as active as normal.

Where are we at here? Are we actually still in Day 2? If so, I'm self voting.

*votes Golf*
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Oh wait, I remember now, we have a confirmed baddie in Echo, correct?

*votes Echo*
Lunalee
nutella
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Golf wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:26 pmI don't appreciate you going on and on about how awful I and others are for saying outright what we see as a balance issue. Etc. Etc. Etc.
I haven't gone on and on about anything. Juliet was the one who brought it back up, and I needed to clarify things because they were acting like I was making things up.

I've been personally done with the subject since the end of day 1. I brought it up in the first place because I didn't feel like the negativity had any purpose other than to make sprityo feel bad. I probably went a little over the top with hyperbole calling the behavior "whining", and I'm sorry for that, but it seemed like the thread was going down a bad path and I wasn't okay with that. I didn't like that players were saying they weren't going to care about the game or take it seriously because there weren't any flips. I also didn't like that it seemed to be bothering sprityo.

I actually just.... don't really care about this topic, if you're here to play mafia then let's play mafia.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Alpha wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:08 pm
Golf wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:26 pmI don't appreciate you going on and on about how awful I and others are for saying outright what we see as a balance issue. Etc. Etc. Etc.
I haven't gone on and on about anything. Juliet was the one who brought it back up, and I needed to clarify things because they were acting like I was making things up.

I've been personally done with the subject since the end of day 1. I brought it up in the first place because I didn't feel like the negativity had any purpose other than to make sprityo feel bad. I probably went a little over the top with hyperbole calling the behavior "whining", and I'm sorry for that, but it seemed like the thread was going down a bad path and I wasn't okay with that. I didn't like that players were saying they weren't going to care about the game or take it seriously because there weren't any flips. I also didn't like that it seemed to be bothering sprityo.

I actually just.... don't really care about this topic, if you're here to play mafia then let's play mafia.
Cool. I am indeed here to play mafia, so I am in nothing but agreement with you. I apologize for getting frustrated about it.

Now I'm going to eat lunch and I will try to look over everything in the thread again in light of recent events. Also, sorry I am a little discombobulated from my absence.
Lunalee
nutella
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Honestly, if the people who complained in day one are still here to hunt mafia, despite their misgivings then I have already been proven wrong and that's good enough for me.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Phenon: Origins Mafia [Night 2]

Post by Spooky Ghost »

In case I die tonight:

Juliets was suspiciously quick to not only accept that Echo was the real Oracle but also to practically praise Echo for their strategy which involved leveraging possibility of Oracle information in exchange for personal survival. In the light that Echo was a mafia member fake-claiming Oracle, this looks really bad. Juliet was also very quick to drop their suspicion of me and there was also some inconsistency there regarding their reasoning for suspecting me in the first place. The whole thing just felt kinda sketchy I guess. As of right now Juliet is my top scum read.

Bravo and Charlie are probably civ, everyone else I have neutral reads on.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Alpha wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:48 pm In case I die tonight:

Juliets was suspiciously quick to not only accept that Echo was the real Oracle but also to practically praise Echo for their strategy which involved leveraging possibility of Oracle information in exchange for personal survival. In the light that Echo was a mafia member fake-claiming Oracle, this looks really bad. Juliet was also very quick to drop their suspicion of me and there was also some inconsistency there regarding their reasoning for suspecting me in the first place. The whole thing just felt kinda sketchy I guess. As of right now Juliet is my top scum read.

:srsnod: good post op

Gosh it's quiet in here :\ and I think the night post is (over)due? but add me to the "if I die lynch juliet" club
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Alpha wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:48 pm In case I die tonight:

Why does this look really bad?

I liked your responses. What did you expect me to do that didn't feel "kinda sketchy". This accussation is trying to fit a narrative son. What would I have to gain as scum by saying these things? Do you feel that your responses were insufficient?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Bravo wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:53 pm
Juliet wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:54 am
India wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:11 am We could have waited for day two to pull that. Then the oracle would have a choice regarding who to reveal. How unfortunate.

And furthermore, since the oracle is vanilla so long as it lives, I would imagine that the bad guys would avoid killing it. And the good guys would avoid lynching it as well.

So, I don't really want to believe you, Echo. I wonder what your motive is. Bad guy, trying to avoid being lynched? Good guy, trying not to get lynched or killed? Or are you a genuine Oracle, though very short-sighted?
It's not short-sighted, it's a pretty, solid plan,
What would you have done if you were dealt that hand?
Do you have some thoughts on why he took this stand?
I think it's legit, and he/she's a cool little can.
If we accept the scenario where India is the oracle and Echo is the disguiser, this is a funny moment. Juliet protested India's protest of Echo's claim, or more accurately the strategy behind the claim. I'm not sure why Juliet felt the claim-on-day-1 plan was a good one.

Conclusion: it doesn't look great at face value. I'd call them compatible teammates.
Well I feel silly. I just reread the Oracle and realize it reveals one player's role on death. What I thought it meant was it would reveal all players' roles (going forward) upon death.

I'm just going to go sit in a corner now...
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Juliet wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:56 amWell I feel silly. I just reread the Oracle and realize it reveals one player's role on death. What I thought it meant was it would reveal all players' roles (going forward) upon death.

I'm just going to go sit in a corner now...
is this really true?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

well.... if it is, it at least half explains your agreement with echo's plan, but half unexplains it?

if you really didn't understand how the oracle works then that might have caused you to believe that Echo's bad fake plan was a good real plan. if you thought that the oracle was just a role that we could lynch at any time to have info flips for the rest of the game following that then revealing themselves would have been ideal and we should have voted to lynch Echo on the last day phase.

or if you had everything wrong but the "lynching the oracle does nothing" right then... even then the mafia would have even less reason to target the oracle. the better tactic would have still been to be super town and make themselves a target for the mafia naturally.

there was also a bunch of stuff written in india's posts that you rap-responded back to that should have contradicted your viewpoint of what the oracle did, and prompted you to go back and review the role.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Ok, I read over the last four pages to make sure I understood everything that occurred since Echo's death.

Bravo you commented on Echo's post about this crap about Juliet being Wilgy. It was me that posted, but it was not what I actually said. What I had originally said was that Juliet's posts in rap gave my the impression of Juliet possibly being Wilgy. And if it was true it would make me inclined to see Juliet as more town, because the behavior in my mind was more in line with how a town Wilgy would act. But if it were not Wilgy it would make me feel like someone was trying to look like a town leaning Wilgy. Juliet came in and clarified some of what made me think all this and it is no longer relevant. I've dismissed that line of thought as a result.

So it was me he was talking about. I assume he didn't say anything about me specifically because he didn't remember who said it. However, that would make me feel like they may have discussed it in BTSC. Otherwise he would have commented on it when he first read it, if it stood out to him. Which makes me wonder why that might be the case.
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

I doubt I will be the one to die tonight, because I haven't done any hunting in the last cycle at all so I'm not a threat and I have drawn some attention. But if I do die, I think I would also say, lynch Juliet. I'm thinking the reason it might have come up in BTSC was because it was about one of them.
Lunalee
nutella
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Juliet wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:49 am Why does this look really bad?

I liked your responses. What did you expect me to do that didn't feel "kinda sketchy". This accussation is trying to fit a narrative son. What would I have to gain as scum by saying these things? Do you feel that your responses were insufficient?
This relates to a question I'd asked you before as well. Was it the post you missed that Alpha brought up which changed your mind, or the total collection of responses Alpha gave to your accusations?

Return to “Previous Heists”