Phenon: Origins Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Re: Phenon: Origins Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Principal Skinner »

Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:42 am
Bravo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:29 am If we'd gotten to 15 players, Oscar could have helped us do one better than "dick". :ninja:
Dock
Bravo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:33 am
Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:18 am Unless the goal is to put vote pressure on Delta until they post?
Alpha, are you shook about voting for a letter? You scared?
Bravo, I don't think you understand, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for all of us.

I'll do whatever it takes to follow through with this really dumb shitty joke. Whatever it takes.
For aforementioned reasons and for the bolded segment of the above selection, I shall be casting my vote for Alpha.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Chuck »

Charlie wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 pm As a component of this hypothetical dick, I must admit that I fail to appreciate its relevance to our objective. I shall not promise that I will not participate should a timely opportunity present itself, but I shall heretofore assume that any participant who focuses disproportionately on that goal to have insufficient priorities and that they are taking advantage of the sophomoric spelling mission to distract from the true and correct mission: the search for those among us who seek to destroy.
Should I vote Alpha for their obsession with avatar spelling?
Or Charlie for this egregious post?
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

“Actually I’m feeling generous, you get an extension”

Day one has been extended to the correct 48 hour time
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Celeste »

India wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:37 pm
Charlie wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 pm As a component of this hypothetical dick, I must admit that I fail to appreciate its relevance to our objective. I shall not promise that I will not participate should a timely opportunity present itself, but I shall heretofore assume that any participant who focuses disproportionately on that goal to have insufficient priorities and that they are taking advantage of the sophomoric spelling mission to distract from the true and correct mission: the search for those among us who seek to destroy.
Here, have my vote. Will that help you decide?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Juliet wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:44 pm
Here, have my vote. Will that help you decide?
That makes it more difficult. I don't think well under pressure.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Charlie wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:31 pm
Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:42 am
Bravo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:29 am If we'd gotten to 15 players, Oscar could have helped us do one better than "dick". :ninja:
Dock
Bravo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:33 am
Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:18 am Unless the goal is to put vote pressure on Delta until they post?
Alpha, are you shook about voting for a letter? You scared?
Bravo, I don't think you understand, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for all of us.

I'll do whatever it takes to follow through with this really dumb shitty joke. Whatever it takes.
For aforementioned reasons and for the bolded segment of the above selection, I shall be casting my vote for Alpha.
it was hyperbole my dude. it's day one there's no harm in fucking around a little.

Charlie, is your over-the-top Knights Templar thing real or is it just an act to seem more civ?
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 165
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Is this to suggest that you find both suspicious? What makes Charlie's post egregious?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

India, opening voting doors with that either/or question on opposite sides of a discussion (whether it's prudent to spend time trying to spell dick).
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

On this page so far we have spelled CISPRITYOJIABB, which is one of my absolute favorite words
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Bravo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:26 pm Is this to suggest that you find both suspicious? What makes Charlie's post egregious?
Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:19 pm Charlie, is your over-the-top Knights Templar thing real or is it just an act to seem more civ?
*Voting Charlie*
Bravo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:32 pm India, opening voting doors with that either/or question on opposite sides of a discussion (whether it's prudent to spend time trying to spell dick).
I don't understand what you think I did wrong. It was an honest question that nobody has directly answered.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

India wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:35 pm I don't understand what you think I did wrong. It was an honest question that nobody has directly answered.
Nothing is necessarily wrong. What's important to me is the first question I asked -- do you find both Alpha and Charlie suspicious for their part in the conversation?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Bravo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:33 pm On this page so far we have spelled CISPRITYOJIABB, which is one of my absolute favorite words
If we play our cards right, we can fill this game with lots of jibs.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Did I say jib? I meant gibe.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Bravo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:40 pm
India wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:35 pm I don't understand what you think I did wrong. It was an honest question that nobody has directly answered.
Nothing is necessarily wrong. What's important to me is the first question I asked -- do you find both Alpha and Charlie suspicious for their part in the conversation?
Hum.

Charlie more than Alpha, I think. Charlie is hiding behind a veneer of posh righteous language or something. The vibe is bad to me.
Alpha has non-pro town priorities, but this is early day one. He may just be goofing.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Paprika »

I, for one, would like to see more jabs.

Like this jab, at Alpha: take my vote until you can come up with a non-dick-related reason to vote someone that I like more than my vote for you. You don't have to waver from your excellent dick plan, but you can't hide behind it.

*vote Alpha*
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Echo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:57 pm I, for one, would like to see more jabs.

Like this jab, at Alpha: take my vote until you can come up with a non-dick-related reason to vote someone that I like more than my vote for you. You don't have to waver from your excellent dick plan, but you can't hide behind it.

*vote Alpha*
I think Charlie is puffing themselves up to try to seem ultra-civ.

I think "let's stop making jokes and only focusing on killing criminals" is an easy feel-good stance to take in a mafia game, and in Charlie it seems forced.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

I'm curious about the votes for India
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

India wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:55 pm
Bravo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:40 pm
Hum.

Charlie more than Alpha, I think. Charlie is hiding behind a veneer of posh righteous language or something. The vibe is bad to me.
Alpha has non-pro town priorities, but this is early day one. He may just be goofing.
I've a theory. I want Charlie to answer to your assertion as well as Alpha's before I proceed.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

A potential 'thing' to look at is the way people post. The playstyle. There is one role, the disguiser, that can mimic people when it kills them. This means:
1. We should look out for people who post different after a night cycle.
2. Gimmicks would make getting killed by the disguiser more of a hindrance to the disguiser.
3. On the contrary, if the disguiser uses a gimmick, they can assure that their next host is not too similar to their previous dead host.
4. No-posters are a wild card. What if they suddenly start posting D2 because they died N1? I don't like that, and encourage the mod to ping these people. I don't want to be paranoid about this one.
5. No townread is guaranteed to be a townread tomorrow.
Keep these in mind I think.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:05 pm I'm curious about the votes for India
Mine was a prod at a perceived discrepancy of India suspecting both you for doing irrelevant things and Charlie for criticizing you for doing irrelevant things. The language-driven reasoning India has provided is something different and less of a concern.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Kilo, I hereby accuse you of placing a flier vote on a non-checker-inner for the sake of appearing loose with your vote and not for the sake of doing anything productive with it.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

India wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:11 pm A potential 'thing' to look at is the way people post. The playstyle. There is one role, the disguiser, that can mimic people when it kills them. This means:
2. Gimmicks would make getting killed by the disguiser more of a hindrance to the disguiser.
3. On the contrary, if the disguiser uses a gimmick, they can assure that their next host is not too similar to their previous dead host.
4. No-posters are a wild card. What if they suddenly start posting D2 because they died N1? I don't like that, and encourage the mod to ping these people. I don't want to be paranoid about this one.
Can you expand on what you mean exactly regarding gimmicks in 2 and 3?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I should say: I know what a gimmick is, but what is the benefit you believe it offers with regard to hindering the disguiser role?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

India wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:11 pm A potential 'thing' to look at is the way people post. The playstyle. There is one role, the disguiser, that can mimic people when it kills them. This means:
In light of this, is it better to include difficult to reproduce gimmicks or specific character aspects into our posts?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Voting Charlie until I see evidence that their hardline crusade is real.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Bravo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:18 pm I should say: I know what a gimmick is, but what is the benefit you believe it offers with regard to hindering the disguiser role?
If the gimmick is annoying, subtle, or restrictive to use, the disguiser may not want to kill the person who has it.
On the contrary, if the gimmick is easy to mimic, then the disguiser could use it as cover when he takes that slot. Nobody would notice the difference.

It's something to think about, but I guess it depends on the personality and playstyle of the disguiser.

linki: Having a personality to your posts that is harder to define would be good, I think. If I am taken, I want people to see the change in tone.
If the gimmick is similarly hard to mimic, and does not hinder town, then yes. Being hard to impersonate would be good, I think. YMMV.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

We need to look for changes in post frequency, sentence structure, typo frequency, verbage, term usage, gimmick usage, formality, and so on.

Disguiser is a scary role. I want them to sweat.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

I switched my vote to a non-poster for now. [mention]Hotel[/mention]

I'm happy to lynch such a player today.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

India wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:24 pm
Bravo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:18 pm I should say: I know what a gimmick is, but what is the benefit you believe it offers with regard to hindering the disguiser role?
If the gimmick is annoying, subtle, or restrictive to use, the disguiser may not want to kill the person who has it.
On the contrary, if the gimmick is easy to mimic, then the disguiser could use it as cover when he takes that slot. Nobody would notice the difference.

It's something to think about, but I guess it depends on the personality and playstyle of the disguiser.

linki: Having a personality to your posts that is harder to define would be good, I think. If I am taken, I want people to see the change in tone.
If the gimmick is similarly hard to mimic, and does not hinder town, then yes. Being hard to impersonate would be good, I think. YMMV.
That's a hard line walk.... Any gimmick that would hinder the disguiser when they take over a sock would also hinder the original player themselves.

Keeping yourself from getting body snatched is all well and good but if your posts are incomprehensible garbage then that's not great either.

Light roleplay seems like a good compromise... If someone were to kill me right now and take over my account they might lean into the dick thing or lean away from it in a noticable way.

The same thing goes for suspicions actually. If a player suddenly drops something that was important to them before that could be a sign that they've been compromised. Non-posters and low posters are especially threatening in that case.

Still thinking out loud, wouldn't we know when the mind theft took place because there'd be a night with no visible death?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Posting a short riddle a half-hour before the end of the night and giving the answer after dawn seems like a valid choice... At least that's what I'll probably do.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Ok lemme just go ahead and say I'mma not do that fancy posh verbiage heavy style. At first I was thinkin I was gonna do a different style every post and just keep changin' up the way I speak, but thinking about it now in light of india's thoughts, that's probably not the right choice here and would just make it easier for the disguiser. So I'll try to settle into a more normal style.

Alpha and India, I kind of get why you voted for me, but I wasn't trying to hide behind the style (well kind of in that I think it's fun to see how long one's sock puppet can last without being obviously identified as one's own style) I was just having a bit of fun with it. Alpha, I don't actually think you're particularly suspicious after all as you are one of the most active so far and your jokeyness is genuine. Thus I'll change my vote, not to a non-poster but to someone who has at least checked in but has not yet participated much. IIRC Golf fits that description.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Oh jeez this day 1 vote spread is disgusting so far. We've got time though.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Charlie wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:12 pm Ok lemme just go ahead and say I'mma not do that fancy posh verbiage heavy style. At first I was thinkin I was gonna do a different style every post and just keep changin' up the way I speak, but thinking about it now in light of india's thoughts, that's probably not the right choice here and would just make it easier for the disguiser. So I'll try to settle into a more normal style.

Alpha and India, I kind of get why you voted for me, but I wasn't trying to hide behind the style (well kind of in that I think it's fun to see how long one's sock puppet can last without being obviously identified as one's own style) I was just having a bit of fun with it. Alpha, I don't actually think you're particularly suspicious after all as you are one of the most active so far and your jokeyness is genuine. Thus I'll change my vote, not to a non-poster but to someone who has at least checked in but has not yet participated much. IIRC Golf fits that description.
The posting style wasn't important as much as the apparent attempt at overcompensated posturing. Like climbing up on a table and shouting "I hate murderers more than anyone else ever has."

I can also see how roleplaying could paint your posts in a different more serious light than intended. Sticking to one roleplaying personality is probably best, otherwise it's hard to actually gauge levels of sincerity, in addition to the stuff India said.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Saito »

Bravo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:52 am
Kilo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:10 am*Foxtrot*
Hey Kilo, talk to me about what this vote means to you. Share your deepest, most personal feelings about this vote. Let your emotions run free over me. Or just tell me what you'd like for it to accomplish.
This is a vote that is near and dear to my heart. It's meaning is metaphysical.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Bravo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:16 pm Kilo, I hereby accuse you of placing a flier vote on a non-checker-inner for the sake of appearing loose with your vote and not for the sake of doing anything productive with it.
This is the only part of the statement I disagree with. To what end are you accusing me of doing this?
Charlie wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:14 pm Oh jeez this day 1 vote spread is disgusting so far. We've got time though.
Ties!
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

We're past the deadline?

Golf

Cause chance is for suckers.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

48 hour day deadline is tomorrow, also time is an illusion.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Okie dokie.

(Consciously choosing to not use my normal vocabulary. As if that was the purpose of this game.)
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Now that I think about it, I don't like C voting G very much.

You complain about ties, while turning a X way tie into an X+1 way tie? Why? For everything to dislike about ties, this is worse. For everything to like about ties, this is no better.

C, tell me more about your vote. I have theories.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Kilo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:30 pm Now that I think about it, I don't like C voting G very much.

You complain about ties, while turning a X way tie into an X+1 way tie? Why? For everything to dislike about ties, this is worse. For everything to like about ties, this is no better.

C, tell me more about your vote. I have theories.
I complained about the tie after casting my vote. In light of my response/change of heart towards Alpha, I felt I should change my vote away from Alpha, and I went for Golf because I had remembered seeing them check in but nothing else, and I think that's a better choice for a D1 vote than someone who hadn't checked in at all yet.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

[mention]Delta[/mention] [mention]Foxtrot[/mention] and [mention]Hotel[/mention] are the only ones who have yet to check in.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

sprityo wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:27 pmThere is no reveal upon death of any kind
Hey wait so how do we do this? How do we..... anything?
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:23 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:27 pmThere is no reveal upon death of any kind
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

I refuse to improve myself for any reason.

:mad:
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:23 pm
Hmm. Good point. I guess the game ends when it ends.
Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:04 pm

*vote Alpha*

I think "let's stop making jokes and only focusing on killing criminals" is an easy feel-good stance to take in a mafia game, and in Charlie it seems forced.
Ok, well, I'm a letter of my word. That ios better. *vote Charlie*
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Echo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:08 am
Alpha wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:04 pm

*vote Alpha*

Ok, well, I'm a letter of my word. That ios better. *vote Charlie*
Are you voting Charlie because I brought up a good point about Charlie and you agree with it? You voted for me with the intention of prodding, what is the reason behind your vote for Charlie?
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

I challenged you to give me a better reason to vote someone, and you did.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

I appreciate India's thoughts on the disguiser role. I've never seen anything like it before. If I had time, I'd carefully craft each post in some time-consuming, painstaking way. Hmmm... actually, that is getting my ideas flowing. :ponder:
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Echo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:44 am I challenged you to give me a better reason to vote someone, and you did.
1. You shouldn't be taking my advice on who to vote for, 20% of my posts have been about spelling rude words on the internet.

2. Isn't it a little weird to settle your vote on someone just cus someone else gave you a reason to vote for them? It doesn't fit with the pro-jabbing stance you had earlier.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:54 am
Echo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:44 am I challenged you to give me a better reason to vote someone, and you did.
1. You shouldn't be taking my advice on who to vote for, 20% of my posts have been about spelling rude words on the internet.
I wasn't taking your advice. I was judging the voting reason you gave under pressure against my reason for voting you. My judgement, not your advice.
2. Isn't it a little weird to settle your vote on someone just cus someone else gave you a reason to vote for them? It doesn't fit with the pro-jabbing stance you had earlier.
:haha: "Pro-jabbing stance":
Juliet wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:41 pm
Bravo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:33 pm On this page so far we have spelled CISPRITYOJIABB, which is one of my absolute favorite words
If we play our cards right, we can fill this game with lots of jibs.
Juliet wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:43 pm Did I say jib? I meant gibe.

Like this jab...
That's what is known as a "segue", often misspelled "segway".

Return to “Previous Heists”