Tree Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

What say you?

I enjoyed this game.
16%
I thought the tree I received in my role PM was beautiful.
14%
I didn't get a role PM, but the trees were still wonderful.
No votes
Why are you such a tree-hugging marmot?
16%
Thanks for hosting.
19%
I like beer and want to play Beer Mafia.
16%
I also like wine and think you should do Wine Mafia.
3%
This poll really needs an option with Ricochet's name in it.
16%

Total votes: 37
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 76

Re: Tree Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by motel room »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Zebra, can you summarize why you feel my stated suspicion of Epi was opportunistic? I don't think I could have chosen a more difficult "opportunity" if that's the case -- Epi always bites back.
wait no here this
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 76

Re: Tree Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by motel room »

Diiny
ImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Diiny »

motel room wrote:
Diiny wrote:
motel room wrote:there's a lot of little separate shit going on that I want to get my head around but I'm somewhere like this right now:

MacDougall
MovingPictures07
Epignosis
sig
a2thezebra
TheFloyd73
JaggedJimmyJay
Diiny
Wait since when am I your scummiest and why? Last you said about me as far as I can tell from ctrl f is saying you didn't think I was scum. What the fuque.

You have 2 posts about J as far as I can tell and said you didn't particularly want to lynch floyd.

There's so little in your ph. Why are your baddies bad.
I think i said I wasn't as certain you were scum when Wilgy was saying you were def scum and Enrique was saying you were def scum. But you have this throwing everything on the wall and seeing what sticks feel to your posts when I read them, especially in your argument with zebra this was you

Floyd has done nothing but silently vote you since the vibe on him seems to have shifted to town-friendly.
My only facial expression when I play mafia is that one

Townies can be wrong, and in this case those townies were wrong. Yeah, I do throw shit against the wall to see what sticks because it catches scum. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm not sure it's the same thing as arm waving. I'm making a fuss over this point because I won't let something I don't understand or am not happy with fly when it could be resolved through high speed real time intercourse. Either way, arm waving has made me your scummiest read?
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Spoiler: show
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Re: Tree Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Diiny »

motel room wrote:
Diiny wrote:
motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Diiny wrote:lmao is it confirmed that wilgy's bullshitting now? talking about a thought process that mechanically couldn't have happened?
No fuckin shit.
So, concession? :nicenod:
Coy.
Also I'm gonna come right the fuck out and say I'm not sure what jay's post or motel's post mean here. Someone explain. Was concession supposed to read confession?
I'll use this as a jumping off point. Here's what I don't like about the JJJ vibe im seeing this game.

Suggesting a concession\confession is never going to result in anything except a safe place for a scum to put a vote in my experience. I've never seen anyone just shrug and give up, so this looks like a subtle explanation for where his vote ends up. Doesn't seem like a usual JJJ response.

i think there's a post somewhere also where he says why his pressure and vote on Epi was the tougher thing to do and should be viewed as town that didn't turn me on but I can't find it right now and need to jump on a conference call at work but looks like I'll be around for EOD today.
Guy did it in TH rico was accused of scumslipping, or something very similar. Suggested that Rico should step down now, he played very well but we all make mistakes or something. He was town then
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Epignosis »

motel room wrote:Epi how do you feel about Floyd right here right now?
If he's Mafia, then he's winning and that is pissing me off. :meany:

3J characterized my attack against Floyd look baseless...but that was my point: How do you get civilians to lynch a Mafia member who says almost nothing and provides almost no content? As I've noted earlier, 3J's defense of Floyd was subtle, and it gives me the impression that I caught his teammate early and he didn't want Floyd to go down that easily- because for some reason there's a rumor around here that I can get anyone lynched (And that's all that is: A rumor. I find most people prefer to roll their eyes at me).

Notice how 3J went from accusing me of being on a team with Floyd to providing this asinine theory that I am trying to make people think I'm on a team with Floyd. Think about that: Who came up with the idea that I was on a team with Floyd? 3J did. And now he's backed off Floyd when I said, "Why not lynch Floyd first if you think we're on a team?"

So I still think Floyd is bad.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 187

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I loathe you all for giving me the post count lead. Also I'm going to need to self-reflect for a while after this game about the fact that I've played this game at about 25% and still lead the post count.

:disappoint:
You did this to yourself, ma'am. :meany:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Diiny wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:What do you think it means?
Buddying is when you attempt to build a rapport with a person or be friendly so that people (often that person) don't see you as a threat and are less likely to lynch you. Scum do it to town for reasons JJJ mentioned.

I have you, on balance, as a town read albiet one with stuff I'm not happy with and won't just let fly as I've said before. Our argument is probably as vocal as the three way between Mac, Epi and Jay. Does having you as a town read strike you as buddying? What do you think buddying is, because clearly it's not what I think buddying is.

Have you run out of shit to throw at me or something?
It astonishes me that think JJJ is the more obvious baddie with posts like this. I can accept that you're trying to push the idea that an unnecessary footnote with your town read of me wasn't buddying, but to push the idea that I'm accusing of buddying just for having me as a town read in itself, when you clearly know that is not the case? I'm frankly amazed you're getting away with it merely to the extent that the lynch is even tied.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

*people think
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

a2thezebra wrote:
Diiny wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:What do you think it means?
Buddying is when you attempt to build a rapport with a person or be friendly so that people (often that person) don't see you as a threat and are less likely to lynch you. Scum do it to town for reasons JJJ mentioned.

I have you, on balance, as a town read albiet one with stuff I'm not happy with and won't just let fly as I've said before. Our argument is probably as vocal as the three way between Mac, Epi and Jay. Does having you as a town read strike you as buddying? What do you think buddying is, because clearly it's not what I think buddying is.

Have you run out of shit to throw at me or something?
It astonishes me that think JJJ is the more obvious baddie with posts like this. I can accept that you're trying to push the idea that an unnecessary footnote with your town read of me wasn't buddying, but to push the idea that I'm accusing of buddying just for having me as a town read in itself, when you clearly know that is not the case? I'm frankly amazed you're getting away with it merely to the extent that the lynch is even tied.
You said I was buddying you when I said you were town. You didn't say so before. Forgive me if this wasn't the most logical assumption; I asked you to describe how I'm buddying you already, but you've apparently ignored it. I'll ask again, though, how am I buddying you?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:Town (surprised?)

fukken... Town
This actually reads quite belabored. You shouldn't feel the need to qualify a GTH read with anything. "Surprised?" implies you give a shit what Zebra thinks of your read on him.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Your teammate explained it for you.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Oh yeah, and I did too.
a2thezebra wrote:I'm not surprised Diiny, that's consistent. I would be surprised if you chose the other option. Nice buddying lol

linki:

TOWN

TOWN
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Ignoring people's words and cherry-picking what you wish to respond to so you can push your false narrative towards everyone else who's not paying better attention, all while trying to appear as the voice of reason, is as good as digging your own grave.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Is the idea that I'm buddying because I said (suprised)?

I wanted to see how Zeb reacted to that, given that we've been arguing for so long. How zeb reacted to that has an effect on my read of zeb. Are both of you really putting that down to me trying to build some kind of rapport with zeb to stop her voting from me or something? I've had one million and one chances to back down/away from and build a rapport with zeb. Clearly not what I was doing.

linki: I'd apologise for not knowing this is what you were referring to, but if it is it's so weak that I don't feel like I should.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Ignoring people's words obviously gets you killed. Look at floyd. I'm not ignoring you. The case against me isn't as wonderful and clear as it is in your head, whether that's a townie head or a scum head.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

*gets suspicion put on you. Floyd is annoyingly alive
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I was aware that you've had a town read of me more or less the entire game. So by saying that I might be surprised that you are town-reading me is to imply that I was only suspicious of you because you were suspicious of me or some BS along those lines. It's also trying to push the idea that my read of you is irrational by making our back-and-forth out to be more petty (on my side exclusively) than it actually is. You continue to pretend that there is no logical reason to be suspicious of you and that anyone who is suspicious of you is just looking for reasons to be. If you were civilian you would at least acknowledge to some extent that you are being scum-read by more than one person maybe, like, for a reason or something, and act accordingly by defending yourself and proving each of us wrong by putting in a genuine scum-hunting effort. That is simply not what you are doing.

linki - "whether's that's a townie head or a scum head"

There's the rub.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

a2thezebra wrote:I was aware that you've had a town read of me more or less the entire game. So by saying that I might be surprised that you are town-reading me is to imply that I was only suspicious of you because you were suspicious of me or some BS along those lines.
If it was so obvious that I've had a town read of you how would this tactic have worked? I'm not dismissing your case on me as an omgussy/mutual scum reads thing- my post history doesn't support this and it's untrue.
It's also trying to push the idea that my read of you is irrational by making our back-and-forth out to be more petty (on my side exclusively) than it actually is.
Don't think I did; you're the one who said it was so insignificant as to not be worth replying to anymore/continuing. But here we are. If it's looking petty there's more than one explanation, frankly, and you should consider it instead of blaming me for it.
You continue to pretend that there is no logical reason to be suspicious of you and that anyone who is suspicious of you is just looking for reasons to be. If you were civilian you would at least acknowledge to some extent that you are being scum-read by more than one person maybe, like, for a reason or something, and act accordingly by defending yourself and proving each of us wrong by putting in a genuine scum-hunting effort. That is simply not what you are doing.
I'm on the scumhunt. Look at my posts. I ask good questions that I feel are worth asking. I bring up good points, objective or subjective, when they're needed. I jump on things that ping me. I'm developing my reads. I'm scum hunting whether you want to believe it or not. Don't tell me I'm not, or at least try to show why the attempts are so disingenuous. I acknowledge that people don't like my day 1s, but that doesn't mean I'm going to roll over and accept any criticism you throw at me when I fundamentally disagree with it. I am being scum read by you because you're incorrect or you're scum. I'm betting on the former as it stands. Stop. Tunnelling.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

10 minutes until the deadline. Don't forget to vote!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Diiny wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I was aware that you've had a town read of me more or less the entire game. So by saying that I might be surprised that you are town-reading me is to imply that I was only suspicious of you because you were suspicious of me or some BS along those lines.
If it was so obvious that I've had a town read of you how would this tactic have worked? I'm not dismissing your case on me as an omgussy/mutual scum reads thing- my post history doesn't support this and it's untrue. It would have worked by pretending that it was not obvious. As you did, by asking if I was surprised in the first place. You're right, your post history doesn't support this. This is a scummy inconsistency.
It's also trying to push the idea that my read of you is irrational by making our back-and-forth out to be more petty (on my side exclusively) than it actually is.
Don't think I did; you're the one who said it was so insignificant as to not be worth replying to anymore/continuing. But here we are. If it's looking petty there's more than one explanation, frankly, and you should consider it instead of blaming me for it. That's a flat-out lie. I did not say it was insignificant, I just didn't want to go in circles with you over things that had already been well-covered without any progression. Here we are because there is new content to spar with, not because I've given up ignoring you, which by the way I never did. Again, if you want to convince me that I'm tunneling you, then stop misrepresenting me when you know better. With nearly all of your responses you've been playing dumb as to either not understanding where my argument is, what it is about, or just assuming it's something that it's not. You have done this since literally the very beginning of the game, to throw shade on me without ever putting yourself in a position that you can't backtrack out of in case it doesn't pan out. I won't stop scum-reading you until you stop doing that, and not just with me, but with everyone else in the game as well. And I didn't say it was looking petty, in fact I don't think it is. I'm saying that you're trying to make it out to look like that. Again, nice try. ;)
You continue to pretend that there is no logical reason to be suspicious of you and that anyone who is suspicious of you is just looking for reasons to be. If you were civilian you would at least acknowledge to some extent that you are being scum-read by more than one person maybe, like, for a reason or something, and act accordingly by defending yourself and proving each of us wrong by putting in a genuine scum-hunting effort. That is simply not what you are doing.
I'm on the scumhunt. Look at my posts. I ask good questions that I feel are worth asking. I bring up good points, objective or subjective, when they're needed. You ignore things, crucial things that a civilian would not ignore to pursue false narratives. And when anyone calls you out on this you hand-wave your way out of coming off as suspicious. I jump on things that ping me. I'm developing my reads. I'm scum hunting whether you want to believe it or not. Don't tell me I'm not, or at least try to show why the attempts are so disingenuous. I acknowledge that people don't like my day 1s, but that doesn't mean I'm going to roll over and accept any criticism you throw at me when I fundamentally disagree with it. You can disagree with suspicion, and obviously as town you will disagree with suspicion. That doesn't mean you can fail to acknowledge the other side or misrepresent the other side and expect anyone else to move on to other things. Admittedly, it's worked for you two days in a row, so it's not a bad strategy it seems. I'm just not falling for it, this is the first day where my vote has not changed once. I am being scum read by you because you're incorrect or you're scum. I'm betting on the former as it stands. Stop. Tunnelling. I know when I'm tunneling, others do too. This isn't it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:I would prefer a Diiny lynch over JJJ because I think that JJJ is more likely to be misunderstood (and extremely unlucky) this game, but I'm content with either lynch and I'm willing to switch to JJJ if there's a CFD on a player I'm less confident about than the two currently leading the votes.
I don't see how 3J is more likely to be misunderstood. Diiny has been in the hot seat for a while now. I understand 3J a hell of a lot better than I understand Diiny. You were, after all, comfortable enough a moment ago to call 3J Diiny's teammate, yet you'd only switch to 3J under certain circumstances?

That has me wondering about you now.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I don't have time to respond to you before the deadline, but I will.

JJJ
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm more confident about Diiny being scum than about JJJ being scum, but I do think they are teammates. It isn't difficult to comprehend, I hope.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Diiny's been in the hot seat since the beginning, yet he hasn't been lynched. And now he won't be today, either.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Also why wait until the last minute for a self-preservation vote? Epi I suggest you move yours to Diiny based on that action alone.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Or anyone else that's voting JJJ.
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Tree Mafia [NIGHT 3]

Post by Marmot »

NIGHT 3

JaggedJimmyJay has been lynched. He was Juniper.

And he was ...

a Vanilla Civilian.
It is now Night 3. You have until Tuesday, 9:00 PM EST to submit any Night Actions, approximately 24 hours.

You are permitted ONE (1) reaction post to the lynch. Remember that no other chatter is permitted.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Son of a BITCH.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

I consider that very unlucky. I was pretty damn sure of him.
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Tree Mafia [Polls]

Post by Marmot »

DAY 3

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Prolonged
Fart
Noise.

Gonna be important to see how people's JJJ reads and votes developed tomorrow.
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

:confused: Why haven't we lynched Diiny yet?
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 38

Post by sig »

TheFloyd73 wrote::confused: Why haven't we lynched Diiny yet?
Floyd I'm tempted to vote for you just because. You weren't here at all to try and push Diiny you didn't even say we should lynch Diiny, you made like two posts last phase.

So I was wrong about JJJ, maybe he was right about Epi.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, that sucks ass. RIP JJJ.

In other news for those of you who aren't in Star Wars, I destroyed my final. :slick:
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Tree Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Marmot »

DAY 4

a2thezebra has been nightkilled. She was Douglas-Fir.

And she was ...

a Vanilla Civilian.
It is now Day 4. You have 48 hours. Remember, you should be lynching Fellers, not Trees.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Now remastered in glorious red font:
a2thezebra wrote:Son of a BITCH.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

As a reminder, votes are still changeable today, because this is not a LYLO situation.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:As a reminder, votes are still changeable today, because this is not a LYLO situation.
Doctor confirmation, I believe.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:As a reminder, votes are still changeable today, because this is not a LYLO situation.
Hypothetically, sure.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And I'm voting motel room.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Hypothetically, sure.
Hypodermically, you mean. ;)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Hypothetically, sure.
Hypodermically, you mean. ;)
Hypoarborically, actually. :nicenod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Hypopotamus
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote: Remember, you should be lynching Fellers, not Trees.
:haha:

linki: Hyponatreemia
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Golden »

Hypothermically
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So lylo huh. This is pretty fucked hahaha.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So if you were a scum team and you didn't have Diiny on it, who would you kill?

I don't think Diiny is scum.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:And I'm voting motel room.
Me too.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Though, if I were a scum team that didn't have Diiny on it or Motel Room on it, I would kill Zebra and then vote for Motel Room and hope that Mac went bloodlusty and wagoned him...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm fuck. I think Motel Room is bad but fuck.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote:So lylo huh. This is pretty fucked hahaha.
Mac read posts dumbass.

Return to “Previous Heists”