[END] Futurama Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Which theme will be next in my TV Sitcom Series? (choose 1 or 2, anyone can vote)

Poll ended at Thu May 19, 2016 11:16 pm

Friends (Sockpuppets)
7%
Friends (Regular Accounts)
No votes
Malcolm in the Middle (Sockpuppets)
No votes
Malcolm in the Middle (Regular Accounts)
No votes
Parks and Recreation (Sockpuppets)
25%
Parks and Recreation (Regular Accounts)
7%
Scrubs (Sockpuppets)
14%
Scrubs (Regular Accounts)
4%
Seinfeld (Sockpuppets)
21%
Seinfeld (Regular Accounts)
11%
I can't decide!!
11%

Total votes: 28
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 7

Re: [END] Futurama Mafia

Post by ika »

like i said, if cop didnt out...... she would ofbeen able to pull it off
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, and good luck choosing Best Roleplay... I don't envy you all there. So many of you nailed it! I laughed so hard many times. :D
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Silverwolf »

ika wrote:like i said, if cop didnt out...... she would ofbeen able to pull it off
I'm not as sure as you are. It would of been tough.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DFaraday »

Huzzah! A game where I win AND survive to the end! :D

Great job, other civvies, especially Boomslang. This was one of the smoothest rides the civs have had in the early game for some time, but Nibbler would have been a tough one to find if not for the Professor.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Yeah, the cop was the major problem, but unfortunately the mafia was really unlucky by only killing and lynching vanilla townies. The masons claimed at the right time and presented a challenge as well.

I was wondering even if Boomsworth failed to claim and got NKed, Nibblerwolf still would have been forced to NK both masons and then convince to lylo. Possible, but yeah, it was a tough position to be in. I didn't envy you at all! I've been in really uphill battles as mafia before and it's rough.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

This was a refreshing game. I sockslipped like twice and had to get MP and then SVS to fix it for me before anyone noticed though :/
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

TBH this game shows how important a cop is in hindsight, nibbler could of waled the entire game but couldnt only due to POE as i has said in rico hesit game.

cop will outbeat it all
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Quin wrote:This was a refreshing game. I sockslipped like twice and had to get MP and then SVS to fix it for me before anyone noticed though :/
Twice? More like three or four times. :P

Don't sweat it though, it was an easy fix and I'm glad S~V~S and I caught them generally pretty early as well so we could fix them in time. Also, nice job as Zoidberg considering you weren't a fan of the show! I could hear his voice.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, sorry to spam, but I loved that this game was drama-free. You were a great group of players. Please play my future TV Sitcom games if you can!
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Yeah, the cop was the major problem, but unfortunately the mafia was really unlucky by only killing and lynching vanilla townies. The masons claimed at the right time and presented a challenge as well.

I was wondering even if Boomsworth failed to claim and got NKed, Nibblerwolf still would have been forced to NK both masons and then convince to lylo. Possible, but yeah, it was a tough position to be in. I didn't envy you at all! I've been in really uphill battles as mafia before and it's rough.
Yeah, the PR's alive made it tough. I've been successful as mafia PR hunting before but it's tougher on this site for some reason.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Silverwolf wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Yeah, the cop was the major problem, but unfortunately the mafia was really unlucky by only killing and lynching vanilla townies. The masons claimed at the right time and presented a challenge as well.

Yeah, the PR's alive made it tough. I've been successful as mafia PR hunting before but it's tougher on this site for some reason.
Well, for years many of the members here have only played open setup role madness, and the member base is largely made up of players who have played for quite some time. I'd guess around half of the active member base has played as long as or longer than I have and I've been playing for 6 years. With the advent of the Heist game type within the past year is when the member base at large has been getting exposed to smaller and simpler semi-open and closed setups where claiming isn't punished but is allowed and actually encouraged... so this kind of setup is still relatively new or totally new to some players. It also explains why no one fake peeked or any of that as well. So that may have something to do with it? Not sure.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Quin wrote:This was a refreshing game. I sockslipped like twice and had to get MP and then SVS to fix it for me before anyone noticed though :/

Don't sweat it though, it was an easy fix and I'm glad S~V~S and I caught them generally pretty early as well so we could fix them in time. Also, nice job as Zoidberg considering you weren't a fan of the show! I could hear his voice.

:shrug2: I was going off of what I could find for him on youtube.

I'm pretty happy with how I played this time. I think it's the first time I've lead the lynch against a baddie since I've been here :srsnod:

By the way, I was being a little shit early on and seeing if you'd left the 'last online' history open for any sockpuppets so I could expose any baddies and you most definitely did for Hedonismbot. :omg:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It's tough for me to gauge, since I inevitably knew everyone's roles the whole game, but I can't imagine having to hunt for the town PRs this game since I think they remained pretty under the radar. Boomslang (Farnsworth), Russtifinko (Hermes), and Spaghetti (Calculon) didn't really give any indications of their powers until they just about claimed.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Quin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

:shrug2: I was going off of what I could find for him on youtube.

I'm pretty happy with how I played this time. I think it's the first time I've lead the lynch against a baddie since I've been here :srsnod:

By the way, I was being a little shit early on and seeing if you'd left the 'last online' history open for any sockpuppets so I could expose any baddies and you most definitely did for Hedonismbot. :omg:
You definitely played well! You all did, really, especially for it being not a post-heavy game.

Dang, I thought I checked for that! Well, it shouldn't have been illuminating since I hopped into all of the sockpuppets myself before the game started.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

Well, for years many of the members here have only played open setup role madness, and the member base is largely made up of players who have played for quite some time. I'd guess around half of the active member base has played as long as or longer than I have and I've been playing for 6 years. With the advent of the Heist game type within the past year is when the member base at large has been getting exposed to smaller and simpler semi-open and closed setups where claiming isn't punished but is allowed and actually encouraged... so this kind of setup is still relatively new or totally new to some players. It also explains why no one fake peeked or any of that as well. So that may have something to do with it? Not sure.
Yeah, where I come from sometimes people slip their role or crumb it-leave a hint in case they die-I was great at picking those up in the past. Here they don't seem to do that as much.

Also, glad this game was drama free also. It's very refreshing!!
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

MP did anyone else guess socks outside of me?

if thats the case i dont think there should be anything cus i knew silvers picks before the game began

(FTR i was not going to sign up and i acutaly sugested one of the picks)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Silverwolf wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

Yeah, where I come from sometimes people slip their role or crumb it-leave a hint in case they die-I was great at picking those up in the past. Here they don't seem to do that as much.

Also, glad this game was drama free also. It's very refreshing!!
The only (Heist) game I've seen here where we tried out fake peeks and crumbs was in Arrested Development, and a handful of townies (me, Wilgy, Spacedaisy, Turnip Head, and I think someone else) all consistently threw out cop reads. In the end, TH and I were able to provide adequate cover for the real cop who was Daisy, so it worked out, but thankfully enough of us were familiar with that method after seeing TH deal with it in the Championship last year. I hope to utilize it again in future games and plan it more next time, since we just started throwing out peeks without in-thread coordination.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

ika wrote:MP did anyone else guess socks outside of me?

if thats the case i dont think there should be anything cus i knew silvers picks before the game began

(FTR i was not going to sign up and i acutaly sugested one of the picks)
No, sadly, I didn't get any sockpuppet or alignment guesses other than yours, and the spectator chat was a dud. I realize it's most likely because multiple games are going on and people have been busy, and spectating is still pretty new around these parts. So I won't be awarding any spectator award, just the MVP and Best Roleplay for players.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

i say silver for scum MVP and the cop for town MVP

gleam gets best rp
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I had my own guesses as to who a few of the players might have been

I knew Sloonei would be playing since futurama is his thing, and I guessed his sock right

But I thought ika was Morbo and Silverwolf was Fry, up until Fry was about to be lynched where I thought he might be sig

I also thought that Professor Farnsworth was JJJ for some reason, I've only played with him when he was a sock so I'm not sure why I thought this.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Oh hey, this was my first win here too. Sweet.
ImageImageImageImage
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Golf »

Good news everyone! The town wins! What's that? I don't have to stay in character anymore? Well, phooey.

But seriously, that was a fun game. I had no idea who anyone was (well, except Blooper as Amy Wong :P), but it made me unreasonably happy that llama was Hedonismbot. And now, reading MP's dissection of the game, I realize how much I have to learn about Mafia...
Fractal
sprityo
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Eyyyyy GG town!

I was largely absent most of this game, though it's nice to see i voted for a baddie 2/3 times. Kudos to the townies that actually solved the game. I replaced in some time day 2, and was my first replacement. I don't really know the show, so I hope I did Nixon ok.
Quin wrote:Oh hey, this was my first win here too. Sweet.
Welcome to the club! My first win was a heist game too. Let's get ya a win on the bigger jobs, eh?

Thanks for the game Mp! Nice and relaxed. 'Twas a nice refresher!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DrWilgy »

Hmm... Wilgy new there was somethin wrong with the chewing rodent.

Yup.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

As a spectator, you ALL cracked me up, but especially Morbo. I got a big kick out of "DEMONIC AUTOMATON".

Well played civvies :D
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 3

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

Thanks for the game, folks!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Did we win? Hot diggity daffodil.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 44
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

I mean, from the context it is clear this victory has been clamped over here.
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 44
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

I've hardly even had internet access since I did, so I didn't follow along and dunno who to vote for for MVP.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Super fun game, everyone! It was a relaxing and entertaining way to get back into Mafia. Great to notch a town win, too!

In hindsight, some of these character picks make sooooo much sense. Although I will say I was on to llama from the beginning.

And well played, baddies! You came fairly close despite your kills all going to vanillas and some early deaths
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon

Russtifinko wrote:Super fun game, everyone! It was a relaxing and entertaining way to get back into Mafia. Great to notch a town win, too!

In hindsight, some of these character picks make sooooo much sense. Although I will say I was on to llama from the beginning.

And well played, baddies! You came fairly close despite your kills all going to vanillas and some early deaths
Russti! Thanks for being a great BTSC partner!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Keep those votes coming for MVP and Best Roleplay! I'd like at least a few more before closing the nomination process.

I appreciate the votes for next theme as well. Thanks! Keep those coming too!
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon

I'm gonna vote for my brother, who played Zapp, as best roleplay. MVP Im gonna say whoever played the professor
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Woo! Game was mighty entertaining, despite dying so early. Excellent roleplaying! Excellent fun :biggrin:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

I'm glad we won. Also glad Professor Farnsworth bith the dust on the last night, you could've lynched Nibbler and we would've been both still alive today :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey guys! I'm going to close voting for MVP, Best Roleplay, and the next TV Sitcom theme tonight at 11:16PM Eastern time. I'll make the announcements thereafter.

Be sure to vote for MVP and Best Roleplay by PMing me, and for the next TV Sitcom theme by voting in the poll!

Thanks!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Looks like the next TV Sitcom theme will be Parks and Recreation with sockpuppets!! Thanks for voting! I look forwarding to hosting that one for all of you!

Now, for MVP and Best Roleplay. Drumroll please...

MVP:
Professor Farnsworth... played by Boomslang!!! Well done, Boomslang!

Best Roleplay:
We have a TIE!!

Robot Mafia played by Sloonei, and...

Morbo played by DFaraday!!

Nice roleplaying, both of you!

Congratulations to the award winners and thanks again to all of you for playing and roleplaying your hearts out. I can't wait to host another TV Sitcom game for you all. See you then!
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Looks like the next TV Sitcom theme will be Parks and Recreation with sockpuppets!! Thanks for voting! I look forwarding to hosting that one for all of you!

MVP:

Best Roleplay:
We have a TIE!!

Congratulations to the award winners and thanks again to all of you for playing and roleplaying your hearts out. I can't wait to host another TV Sitcom game for you all. See you then!
I'm going to add this accolade to my sig. :D
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DFaraday wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Looks like the next TV Sitcom theme will be Parks and Recreation with sockpuppets!! Thanks for voting! I look forwarding to hosting that one for all of you!

MVP:

Best Roleplay:
We have a TIE!!

I'm going to add this accolade to my sig. :D
You were awesome. I used to read this every day after work just to read your posts, I even commented om it to MP. Well earned, you were hilarious :D
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I couldn't stop laughing and smiling at the roleplay this game. It just was so good!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Thanks y'all. I had a blast in my short time here. Everyone's commitment to the roleplaying was my favorite thing ever. Thank you MP for hosting.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

I was bummed I didn't survive long enough to do more Zapp roleplaying. I had so much good material to work with.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Banner delivery for...

AllAlongtheBoardwalk, DFaraday, DrWilgy, nijuukyugou, Quin, Russtifinko, Scotty, Serge, Sloonei, >SpaghettiEverywhere, thellama73:

Boomslang:

DFaraday:

Sloonei:

Courtesy of a joint effort by both Long Con and Spacedaisy! :clap:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

make that five banners :grin:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Quin's on a roll!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm trying to figure out the timeline of when these games were hosted so I can get them in order but I'm doing it in the most inefficient way possible :haha:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Quin wrote:I'm trying to figure out the timeline of when these games were hosted so I can get them in order but I'm doing it in the most inefficient way possible :haha:
Try the Hall of Fame. Rico has the months/year listed in there.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Quin wrote:I'm trying to figure out the timeline of when these games were hosted so I can get them in order but I'm doing it in the most inefficient way possible :haha:
I was looking at a full ISO of all my posts and clicking through the pages to figure out if it Futurama was before or after Psych. Then I realised I played on a Sock for the whole thing so that wasn't going to work at all. :noble:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Quin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I was looking at a full ISO of all my posts and clicking through the pages to figure out if it Futurama was before or after Psych. Then I realised I played on a Sock for the whole thing so that wasn't going to work at all. :noble:
Nice. :haha:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

This roleplay banner is my favorite one I've earned on this site to date. You bet your clamps I love it! Thank you LC/Daisy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”