Posts in topic: 457
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [Day 4] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:
Quin wrote:Hi, I'm confused.

But this means G-Man's bad, no?
Nope. It means there's a hiding nk preventor. Nothing more.
If this is true, y'all need to come the hell out. I understand wanting to hide from the baddies, but we may be able to solve the game right now (or at least narrow it down significantly) if all the information is laid out on the table.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am actually starting to suspect Wilgy more now given the chance that he is saying random things intentionally just to be confusing and make us waste our time, and potentially do something stupid after we've pretzeled up the discussion thoroughly.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 60

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:S~V~S, when faced with a lynch, has given us nothing but return-fire aggression at the player who most wants to lynch her. She has rejected his cop claim thoughtlessly and immediately jumped to him having bussed Elohcin. I see no healthy consideration of the sides of the discussion or the variables in play, I only see desperation.

She has put close to nothing in this thread in the way of suspicion until now, but she has always been present enough to defend herself as needed. This stuff is textbook baddie IMO.
But it isn't textbook SVS. It is *I have almost no internet and agreed to play so Rico could get started* SVS. Which is kinda why the people who actually know me have not been voting for me.

I don't play like you, Jay, and don't plan on trying anymore. If you suspect me for that, OK.

I am a vanilla civ. Based on my read of him I think G !an is bad and have thought so since he chose to follow someone else's weak ping on day one instead of his "biggest suspect" Scotty. He further claimed lather that i had had more traction than Scotty even though that was not true since he was the first vote for me.

So I am thinking Scotty is possibly his teammate. But I have no plans on changing my vote. I hope you lynch G Man, but if you lynch me you lynch me :shrug: maybe that will get you to lynch him next. Since I am not the only one to suspect him.

And Wilgy, why u lie?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Please answer:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think that looks bad because she was actually entertaining the notion that Elohcin might be a civilian based upon the most obvious lie in the thread (the one she was responding to with the three laughter emojis).
I have barely read the thread. I would not know the most obvious lie in this thread if it bit me in the ass. And you are trying to make it bite me in the ass.

You are reading incredibly into this. I am a plain vanilla civ. And that's the truth. G Man on the other hand is lying. He "feels" to me exactly as he did when I read his posts in BSG (even before I *knew* he was bad, I just KNEW it, you know?).

G Man threw her under the bus.
Why would I "try to make it bite you in the ass"? What does that imply about me?
Also, I don't care whether you play like me. I didn't say "you're suspicious because you don't play like me". I think your play in this game fits the general profile of many mafia-aligned players I've seen over the years.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Too many people are giving us this "go ahead and lynch me" crap. There's no way all of them are bad. Two mislynches might lose the game.

Care.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The one scenario in which a baddie G-Man makes sense to me is if he is Scotty's team mate. I think their combined gambit would be utterly bizarre, but at least it would make logical sense.

If G-Man is bad and Scotty is not, then I am baffled by G-Man labeling him an "independent" and just inviting the obvious refutation from Scotty instead of calling him a townie and inviting no refutation at all. Sometimes people do bizarre things though. Y'all is wack. :P

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

How about this:

Those of you who want to lynch G-Man, please provide your contingency plans for the game following that lynch. What next if G-Man flips town, and what next if G-Man flips mafia?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote::meany:

What?
Just jivin' with ya man.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Spacedaisy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:I lied. I'm not the jailer. Scotty just gave himself away though.

Gman check SVS tonight. That will determine whether we vote rabbit or her. The only possible baddie after that is Epi and daisy.
:scared: Oh did I now? By doubting GMan or are you channeling Matt-level conspiracy?
Hah, I get it now. Yeah you goofed.

Oh well though, I figured it was you anyway. Good game, sir. :beer:
What do you get? Please explain because I feel really lost right now. How did Scotty goof?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 104

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I am actually starting to suspect Wilgy more now given the chance that he is saying random things intentionally just to be confusing and make us waste our time, and potentially do something stupid after we've pretzeled up the discussion thoroughly.
JJJ, SVS, do you wish for a 1 track discussion? There is much to discover.

I was hoping that GMan would give a fake green to cover me. Oh well. I am the jailer. I targeted Gman, both blocking and protecting him.

I also lied about Epi. My real order for blocks was as follows: INH, Myself, Gman. Epi was not included, but I lied so that he would doubt me.

It almost worked out. If Gman gave me cover mafia would have to hunt down a medic who wasn't me. Now I'll have to protect myself followed by Gman now to ensure we get at least 1 more night check.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 121

Post by G-Man »

Better make one more post so I'm not on the spooky number. I'll check in tonight after the rehearsal dinner if I can sneak it in. If you lynch me, you're buttheads. If you don't lynch me, you're brilliant.

If I was block/protected last night and the baddies targeted me, then I can't be killed tonight, which means they can't stop my peek tonight. If they abstained on the same night I was blocked or block/protected, then one turrible coincidence.

Exit G-Man, stage left.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Let's recap:

Wilgy: I'm the jailer, but I only role block, Gman is bad

Wilgy: JK, I'm not the jailer! Scotty is bad

Wilgy: I lied I'm the jailer and I block and protect. Scotty is bad.

WTF is going on? Come someone please explain something to me in such a way that would actually help me to place an informed vote here? Clearly there has been something in all this craziness that has led Wilgy and Jay to believe Scotty is bad but I don't get it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Wilgy why were you trying to get Epi to doubt you?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

lol Wilgy is taking the concept of claiming and fake claiming to the extreme.

I know it's fun and cover is important, but right now we all really need to be transparent. The game is on the line, and we might be in line to lynch the freaking cop right now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:I lied. I'm not the jailer. Scotty just gave himself away though.

Gman check SVS tonight. That will determine whether we vote rabbit or her. The only possible baddie after that is Epi and daisy.
:scared: Oh did I now? By doubting GMan or are you channeling Matt-level conspiracy?
Hah, I get it now. Yeah you goofed.

Oh well though, I figured it was you anyway. Good game, sir. :beer:
What do you get? Please explain because I feel really lost right now. How did Scotty goof?
I'll explain after he drops by.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Actually meh, I was baiting Scotty. There's nothing actually there, Daisy.

I'll move my vote to rabbit so we can consolidate this stuff better.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I mean... The only people I'm not ok with lynching at this point is JJJ and Gman. Anyone else can be sorted through via processes of elimination at this point.

Murk Rabbit > Check SVS >Murk SVS or Daisy based on check > Murk Epi or Scotty if the game is still going. If all that doesn't solve the game then we kill Quin because Y not?

Sound like a plan?

And yes daisy that's what happened. I wanted to see what was up.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ah shit... Wait Gman isn't going to be here. We gotta vote SVS. Swap SVS and Rabbit in the order... That should still work.
Image Image Image
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 56

Post by rabbit8 »

The fuck is going on in this game?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

rabbit8 wrote:The fuck is going on in this game?
I don't know, but who do you suspect most? Please give more than one name.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:The fuck is going on in this game?
I don't know, but who do you suspect most? Please give more than one name.
:shrug:

SVS
Scotty
Wigly

:ponder:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I know about your suspicion of S~V~S. Please tell me about the other two.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I know about your suspicion of S~V~S. Please tell me about the other two.

Maybe Epig, I don't know yet.

I will when I have a little more time. I'm catching up on the thread. Maybe these 3 or 4 will change by then.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The phase ends in about four hours. Sense of urgency, y'all.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

There are only 2 baddies left... So why are there 3 votes on Gman?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

The scenario where Gman is bad still doesn't make sense considering one power role hasn't claimed yet.

Unless mafia had 2 power roles. But 2 mafia power roles... Potentially 2 indy survivors doesn't sound very balanced...
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Those of you who have rightly surmised that I am unlikely to be Elohcin's team mate, please riddle me this:

After Day 2, we had lynched two civilians. Moreover, the most pressure by a lot was on me, a person you're now reading as civilian. The trajectory of this game was three civilian lynches in a row.

So why the heck would a baddie G-Man choose that moment to fake a red peek on his team mate and turn the game around against himself? This makes no sense. Move your dang votes. They could have just allowed town to carry on with lynching me as they likely would have done, this "gambit" is not necessary.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

It's back to the old fashioned way for me.
Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Have you ever dangled a baby in front of a shark to see what would happen? That's what I'm doing. Anyone wanna vote SVS?

This is post 22 of day 1... I think I'm clear.
Inquiry to if anyone wants to lynch svs is different than lynching svs. Never did I say I wanted svs and that people should lynch her.
What was your intent?
Provide an option for those who didn't want to vote Vompatti. As an American I believe in freedom, and I will share that freedom. Yo.
If you don't want SVS lynched, then why name her of all players?
Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:No, I'd have preferred to lynch you or Sig. Was I ok with Vompatti's death though? Yes! It was exhilarating.
Your post history reveals some degree of faith in S~V~S. You said this about Vompatti:
DrWilgy wrote:I'm noticing the same things that others are about Vomps. His lust to survive is apparent. Unknown if it's a real spicy burrito or not. Knowing him, it could be as fake as I am on a rainy day. I'm ok with him dying and will change my vote.
Why did you elect to generate an S~V~S counterwagon to Vompatti?
@Eloh as well. To give the option. Nothing more. I didn't think that it would've been the choice vote anyways.
I don't mean to harp on it. But if you could just be a little more specific as to why you brought up SVS in particular, that'd be great.
Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:@Eloh, SVS was the only other player with afew votes on her.
AH, got it. Thanks so much. Sorry I wasn't around for EoD.

Even still, if you thought SVS was civ, and didn't want her lynched, as you said, I am still confused you even offered her up. But I'm going to let it go for now. I don't like to fixate on one player/incident. Just know I will be watching you :D Isn't Mafia fun?!

N1#3
Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:With Vompatti gone, who do you suspect most right now Elohcin?
I'm still confused as to why wilgy would say that he thinks SVS is civ and didn't want her lynched, but then goes and offers her name as an alternative lynch to vompatti. It just doesn't make sense. And I hate to fixate, I really do. I don't want to put myself in a position to tunnel. However, no one else has really said much today, so it's stlll in the forefront of my mind.

This looks like Eloh was trying to get something rolling on DrWilgy that she herself could distance from (see the underlined). That dance of raising the issue, letting it go, and then bringing it back up makes me think Wilgy is not on Elohcin's team.

So there's that.

As an auxiliary point, there's this:
Elohcin wrote:RIP sig.

JJJ and Wilgy, there is a lot of back and forth between you two as if you've decided you already trust one another. Am I correct in my analysis? If so, what makes you trusting.

JJJ, I can see where G-man thinks you are teasing a bit by not revealing your peek. You have info he thinks we need right away. However, I can also see why you would want to hold out a bit. I won't reveal what I think my understanding is so I don't ruin it for ya, in case I'm right.

2.01 - stealing G's numbering system because its just plain 'ol practical.

They had killed sig, and now it looks like her first order of business is fishing for the cop.
Elohcin wrote:Wilgy, I mist have missed it. Why did you vote JJJ?

linki: Much to consider G-man, huh. It could be either he is really helping, or have a scheme against us. I am very on the fence with JJJ.

linki linki linki.can I post now? :D

guess not....linki
"Very on the fence." That's the kind of language that lets mafia slide votes onto someone if the votes start going that way, but there's obviously no commitment. She was even piggybacking (her word) on my points against 3J. She also said this against 3J: "If you flip town, I will still not understand your game-play this game. And, I'm not sure how it will impact my thoughts on Epi" and later, "I see these points, but I don't think they defend the fact that you could be bad."

So for me, that removes 3J and Wilgy from the equation.

In the same post she voted 3J, there was this exchange:
Elohcin wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Elo: you seem more involved in this game than previous ones. Epi said you were more inclined to be preoccupied during games which is why you avoid the big jobs. This game you seem...eager, I guess? Dunno if there's anything to read from that.
I AM eager. I love playing Mafia when I can actually keep up and know what the hell is going on :D I am playing catch up today though. I have had a crapton of stuff to do today and this evening I am going out with the girls. So I am sitting here with a pile of laundry in front of me that I intended to sit down an fold, and instead I am talking to you and reading the thread :D
I see no reason why either of these posts exist.
Elohcin wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
G-Man wrote:Boy, this day just gets stranger and stranger. Eight votes spread over seven people, including a Sadness style self-vote? This doesn't give me much hope.

I'm not sad. I'm just aware my attention is going somewhere else at the moment so I can't adequately choose a better option for right now.
Love you SD, but I can never see a reason to vote oneself. You have at least a slim chance at catching a baddie by voting someone other than yourself if you are civ.

This is a veiled defense of spacedaisy.
Elohcin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I voted for Eloh. Since she appears to be bad for sure, why backburner her?
B/c I just wanted to see how gullible you all were in a game where infodumping is allowed. :haha: :haha: :haha:

:disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint:
You are willing to get lynched as a civ over an opportunity to laugh at how gullible the rest of us are?

Linki, I have barely read the thread, and I am the suck at hints for the most part. I read into what people say, I don't spend a lot of time on surface questions. One of the reason I don't like playing games with hints allowed.
Yes, actually. Because I'm a little fed up with all the cop claiming and peek claiming. It's becoming very annoying and I don't think it helps find baddies whatsoever.
I still am not sure how to understand this.

That's all stuff before she came back and gave detailed opinions on S~V~S, rabbit, and G-Man.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Say a madman was threatening me right now, I'd say Scotty and S~V~S are the teammates.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm satisfied. Which of the two would you consider the best lynch today? Perhaps Scotty, since he could resolve some of the lingering G-Man confusion. Perhaps S~V~S, who I think is more suspicious at face value.

I am open. :P

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm satisfied. Which of the two would you consider the best lynch today? Perhaps Scotty, since he could resolve some of the lingering G-Man confusion. Perhaps S~V~S, who I think is more suspicious at face value.

I am open. :P
I got a few hours. Let me work. :mafia:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I moved my vote to Scotty for now.
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [Night 1] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:Elo: you seem more involved in this game than previous ones. Epi said you were more inclined to be preoccupied during games which is why you avoid the big jobs. This game you seem...eager, I guess? Dunno if there's anything to read from that.
This does look like grade A b/s.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

More Scotty/Elohcin stuff:
Scotty wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Thank you for answering, it seemed genuine. I will move my vote to Vompatti for now. I am not usually one to move my vote around like this. But your response was pleasantly surprising.

Day 1 #8
Do you think JJJ is telling the truth about dog? What's your feeling on JJJ?
Is there anything particularly surprising about sig's response?
Scotty wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Thank you for answering, it seemed genuine. I will move my vote to Vompatti for now. I am not usually one to move my vote around like this. But your response was pleasantly surprising.

Day 1 #8
Do you think JJJ is telling the truth about dog? What's your feeling on JJJ?
Is there anything particularly surprising about sig's response?
I don't know what I missed about "dog", but I have no clue what you're talking about. I mean, I have literally searched for the word "dog" and only see it in your post when you say JJJ peeked dog.

As for my feelings on JJJ. I am not paying too much attention to his claims. I don't think we can put too much weight on it yet. Players claim things all the time (whether it be about themselves or others) that may or may not be true. I'm not too concerned. It could go like this:
1. he is the cop. Yay, he can help us find mafia.
2. he is not the cop, but the real cop is too scared to come forth b/c he might get nightkilled so we keep on thinking he's the cop
3. he's not the cop, but the real cop calls him out on it (but who's to say that the player who calls him out on it is the real cop. maybe the player who calls him out is just concerned that JJJ IS the real cop and is afraid the mafia will kill him, so he claims to be cop as a distraction to the mafia)
4. Maybe there is no damn cop in this game so we all go on thinking JJJ must be the cop.
There is way too much speculation that can happen on this subject, so I say :p

sig's response was calm and collected. this makes me think he is civ.

@ sig - I am not sure who else I am considering. I think it will partly depend on scotty's response to this post :D
Lol "sig" always corrects on my phone to "dog" and these days I have a 40% chance to miss the autocorrect. And sometimes I just leave it because I like dogs.

I agree that those are the scenarios for JJJ, but which of 1-4 do you believe JJJ is doing?

As for sig...I keep going back to what he said in a past game: if he appears civ, he is probably bad, so lynch him. When he is obviously bad, he's probably good.

I don't know how that translates to this game, but I'm not pushing it since I'm still playing along with the scenario that JJJ is in fact the cop.
Neutral chatter about my fake peek on sig which doesn't achieve much except for determining publicly whether I am the cop.
Scotty wrote:Lol I have 10 min
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If there's to be a counter to my wagon, I'm not enthralled by it being Polo. If not Epignosis, I could go for Spacedaisy. I'm open to discussion.
Why, if you don't want to go for the "low-hanging fruit" as you call Polo, would you want to go for Spacedaisy, who has been even more absent than Polo?

You have been soft defending Polo the past few days, and I just don't understand it. You really think SD is more suspicious?

I wouldn't be surprised if you and Polo were brothers in crime. I really wouldn't. I'm nervous to go after you right now in case you ARE the cop, but the connection is there for me. More so validated than your previously proposed INH-Epi-me link.

I'm leaving my vote on Polo.

Quin, was that "explanation" he gave really enough to quench your sus of him? Am I the only one seeing this?
Quin wrote:Scotty, who are the one or two mafia you wouldn't be surprised to be on the Vompatti bandwagon?

I could definitely see Elo being bad. I wouldn't be surprised if SVS or SD are in fact bad in that wagon either.
Adverb alert.

He only raised very vague "suspicion" of Elohcin (calling it that is generous) prior to this, but during Day 2 when I was under the most scrutiny he gave us this comment. He tacked S~V~S and SD into it too.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

More Elohcin/S~V~S stuff:
S~V~S wrote:Here you go, Eloh. We had discussed me coming in, and when I would be home, but time zones are a bitch, you know? It was Serge.
Ricochet wrote:S~V~S is replacing Serg-
S~V~S wrote:I am replacing in here; I was under the impression that I was going to be announced by the host earlier, but life is crazy in Nauru, amirite?

Haven't read the rules etc yet, just checking in. Also I think H. Swank is hot, a person doesn't need to be traditionally beautiful to be hot. She & Chloe Sevigny (another hot but not really pretty per se actress) burnt up the screen in Boys Don't Cry, which is mainly where I recall Hilary Swank.

Linki, also plan on marching to my own drummer this game.
Ok, then.
S~V~S wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Scotty wrote:
This isn't anything new, but it's very intriguing to me. In so many other sites and venues the day 1 is literally random. Like, literally in the sense that in a group, most the time people will vote for someone based on a dream they had, or not liking the name of a person, or what have you. But this site especially has a weird way of dogpiling on someone that has a certain air if suspicion for doing something out of the ordinary. It's always amazing to me that votes on the first day are so justified here. I can't recall the last time I went back to day 1 conversations to get a confirmation of a tonal read on someone. Only to look at votes and who voted for whom, and when.
This is very interesting to me. I love to hear about how things go on other sites, even though I don't plan on ever playing anywhere other than here. I can only imagine how I would be grilled for voting someone Day 1 just because I didn't like their name or had a certain dream about them. Of course there is the occasional random vote on Day 1 here, but it always seem sot be a controversial issue. And it's usually professed as "random", not excused with a silly explanation.
In our original home cultures, Day 1 votes have, for the most part, generally been srs bsns. Someone is gonna die based on our votes, how not srs? People always tended to take flak for trivial voting reasons, randomizing, etc.

@G-Man, yeah, I always tend to get a residual baddie BTS effect the next few games, lol. Oddly, it tends to effect me the opposite way, I tend to want to trust my bad partner from a recent intense game like BSG was.
S~V~S wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Have you ever dangled a baby in front of a shark to see what would happen? That's what I'm doing. Anyone wanna vote SVS?

This is post 22 of day 1... I think I'm clear.
Inquiry to if anyone wants to lynch svs is different than lynching svs. Never did I say I wanted svs and that people should lynch her.
What was your intent?
Provide an option for those who didn't want to vote Vompatti. As an American I believe in freedom, and I will share that freedom. Yo.
If you don't want SVS lynched, then why name her of all players?
My guess would be because I had votes and was most lynchable because of it.

Sorry Vomps :(
S~V~S wrote:I voted for Eloh. Since she appears to be bad for sure, why backburner her?
Idle, neutral chatter until after Elohcin had waived the white flag (prior to rescinding her waving of the white flag).

~~~

Separate observation:

Here's how they responded to the case against me and the chance to lynch me:
Elohcin wrote:I see these points, but I don't think they defend the fact that you could be bad.

S~V~S wrote:OK, I don't get the Jay cases or the INH cases. I am going to vote for G Man, since he was the person to most ping me independent of any other cases.
They chose equal-but-opposite routes. Elohcin accepted the case against me without even trying to explain her reasoning -- blatant opportunism. S~V~S rejected the case against me without even trying to explain her reasoning -- blatant TMI.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

More Elohcin/rabbit8 stuff:
rabbit8 wrote:
sig wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
sig wrote:
sig wrote:@HOST why is there no rule number 3?

Also I'd like to bring attention to this.

5. The Mafia team can only interact in BTSC during the Night phase.

I'm not sure how much this helps us, I know the last game we had with this was the Scrimmag, I was mafia and it did make things more hectic and we had much less planning. However, it also made the links less clear. So I think we should keep in mind the mafia doesn't have day chat.

Any thoughts on this?
Rule number 4 not 3.
I agree with you here. I, for one, love my chatzy BTSC when I am bad. Not only for planning and scheming, but for chatty fun. I have been bad in a game (or two perhaps, you guys know my memory) where the BTSC only took place in a separate thread and only during the night. It was a little chaotic, disconnected, and planning and scheming was quite difficult imo. I really hated it, honestly. I didn't even really feel as if I was part of a team. That said, I don't think we need to underestimate the mafia b/c of this. We have some really good players in this game - JJJ, Epi, Scotty, YOU...to name a few. I am sure these are some players that will be able to work with what they're given.
I do like that Elo not only agrees with me, but gets my reasoning. However, I do find it a little odd she'd include me with Epi and JJJ flattered yes, but still a little odd.

S~V~S wrote:
sig wrote:
sig wrote:@HOST why is there no rule number 3?

Also I'd like to bring attention to this.

5. The Mafia team can only interact in BTSC during the Night phase.

I'm not sure how much this helps us, I know the last game we had with this was the Scrimmag, I was mafia and it did make things more hectic and we had much less planning. However, it also made the links less clear. So I think we should keep in mind the mafia doesn't have day chat.

Any thoughts on this?
Rule number 4 not 3.
This is the only thing to get my attention so far,and as pings go, it's *meh*, so just saying it to say it, basically. It actually could be making me think sig is civ more so than the other way around, but it is hard to say this early. It just stuck out to me.

Sig has obviously read the rules including the on famous rule 10,
10. >>>Players are advised not to end any phase throughout their game with 4, 9, 13 written posts or multiples of those numbers.<<<
There isn't a rule 9, either. This seemed like saying something for the sake of being seen having something to say, BUT like I said, *meh*. This seems like a thread full of people playing it safe so far. So I am liking risk taking more than not.

I was not expecting to be playing, and have a crapton of stuff to do tonight (which is why I stole Ricos thunder and self announced, I only had a limited time to post). Toodles, citizens & Mafioso.

Linki, I hate no lynch. Grrr.
This does seem a little odd of SVS to point out about me.

I'm agaisnt no lynching, but don't find people who vote to no lynch to be more scummy/pingy.

I don't think there is any purpose in discussing the merits of lynching vs no lynching day 1 since nobody is going to change anyone's mind.
I don't know what it is but I found both these interactions very weird.

@ Sig: Why is it odd to lump you with JJJ and Epig? Do you feel you're not on their mafia level? Is that why Eloh lumping you in with them is odd? Or is there another reason?

@SVS: "saying something for the sake of saying something....." Not quoted verbatim....

Do you really get the meh feeling from Sig, or was this a way to bring him up as suspicious so you could come back to it later? That's how it read to me. Like you might know he's a civvie.....
rabbit8 wrote:

Yeah, I just caught up. lol seems Eloh must go. :srsnod:
That's it until Elohcin's surrender. The first post can be called softly defensive of Elohcin in response to sig's discussion of being included among the "good players" pile. I do think the questions rabbit asked were fair and gave him some kind of a chance of getting a better read on sig. I get the impression he wouldn't usually be inclined to completely ignore his team mate in the game thread, particularly without day phase BTSC, but I don't know him as well as some of y'all.

I think he's less suspicious than the other two.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

TMI?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:TMI?
Too much information -- it looks to me like she already knew both INH and I are civilians.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

That is funny that you called that a veiled defense of me because that particular post irked me because it basically was like, well a self vote is the least civ thing you could do. It felt like a soft accusation to me at the time. :shrug:

I'm putting my vote on Scotty at the moment, seems from the interactions and from the exchanges with Elo that he is a likely teammate.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll look at the Scotty/S~V~S relationship to see if they appear compatible:
S~V~S wrote:
Scotty wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Scotty wrote:
This isn't anything new, but it's very intriguing to me. In so many other sites and venues the day 1 is literally random. Like, literally in the sense that in a group, most the time people will vote for someone based on a dream they had, or not liking the name of a person, or what have you. But this site especially has a weird way of dogpiling on someone that has a certain air if suspicion for doing something out of the ordinary. It's always amazing to me that votes on the first day are so justified here. I can't recall the last time I went back to day 1 conversations to get a confirmation of a tonal read on someone. Only to look at votes and who voted for whom, and when.
This is very interesting to me. I love to hear about how things go on other sites, even though I don't plan on ever playing anywhere other than here. I can only imagine how I would be grilled for voting someone Day 1 just because I didn't like their name or had a certain dream about them. Of course there is the occasional random vote on Day 1 here, but it always seem sot be a controversial issue. And it's usually professed as "random", not excused with a silly explanation.
In our original home cultures, Day 1 votes have, for the most part, generally been srs bsns. Someone is gonna die based on our votes, how not srs? People always tended to take flak for trivial voting reasons, randomizing, etc.

@G-Man, yeah, I always tend to get a residual baddie BTS effect the next few games, lol. Oddly, it tends to effect me the opposite way, I tend to want to trust my bad partner from a recent intense game like BSG was.
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:Ah yes, you know I agree with this criticism. Day 1 lynches produce more info than no-lynches, but why even invite a self-lynch. In what world would that benefit town if you are town?
I didn't invite a self-lynch. This is the first suspicious post of the game.
In your opinion.
In my opinion, too, tbh.

I understood clearly what Jay was saying. I am not sure how you would interpret it otherwise?
I've already answered this. I can't help if you, GMan and JJJ find it suspicious. But good to know you think that post is also the first suspicious post of the game.

My current propensity is to vote Polo today, unless he shows up.

Post 20
Sorry for lack of clarity, Mr Word Reader Into guy (to be fair, that is what we do in Mafia, but still :haha: )

"In my opinion, too" referred to Jay saying, "I didn't invite a self-lynch.", not the "first suspicious post of the game" bit. I don't necessarily find it suspicious. I think that recently we rely too much on tiny nuances of semantics, and we jump too much on people who talk and pick apart their posts for lack of anything better to do. But I also think it is important to comment on what we notice as we go along, it leaves a trail to be followed. So part of "following my own drummer" means commenting on what I notice; it does not mean I find it suspect. I just like to shake the tree and see what falls out, I guess.
One could say that S~V~S joining me in my initial suspicion of Scotty would be an important indicator, but she kind of dissolved that herself in her next post (the bottom-most in this quote pyramid). She questioned his wording and his reasoning, but she specifically did not adhere to the notion that it is suspicious -- the only thing that is actually important.
S~V~S wrote:
Polo wrote:Hi, folks! Just got here. Sorry, I had been really busy the last couple of days. Time for some catchin' up
Good thing you showed up, Scotty just said he was gonna vote for you if you didn't.

*10* :phew:

K back to work, later.
This post exists.
S~V~S wrote:I just was reading your posts and while discussing 3Js peek you said Scotty had some good thinking.

And if you are willing to lynch Scotty, why aren't you trying to? Just making a vote from paranoia? I don't particularly suspect anyone (except maybe you, and that's a possible no u kneejerk, not sure yet) but you say you have a strong suspect. Where's your fervor?

And the baddies have not talked yet, right? This is general, not at you specifically,lol. Maybe.
S~V~S wrote:You were the first vote for me. Why do you think there was traction for an SVS train? Both Scotty & I had zero votes when you voted for me. Rather than trying to lynch Scotty, you instead followed someone elses self admittedly weak suspicion, weak enough that he did not even vote for me himself.
Might be an attempt to link G-Man to Scotty. It could be a civilian making a connection, or it could be a baddie encouraging a connection. The point is that this is compatible with team mate behavior.
S~V~S wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:S~V~S, when faced with a lynch, has given us nothing but return-fire aggression at the player who most wants to lynch her. She has rejected his cop claim thoughtlessly and immediately jumped to him having bussed Elohcin. I see no healthy consideration of the sides of the discussion or the variables in play, I only see desperation.

She has put close to nothing in this thread in the way of suspicion until now, but she has always been present enough to defend herself as needed. This stuff is textbook baddie IMO.
But it isn't textbook SVS. It is *I have almost no internet and agreed to play so Rico could get started* SVS. Which is kinda why the people who actually know me have not been voting for me.

I don't play like you, Jay, and don't plan on trying anymore. If you suspect me for that, OK.

I am a vanilla civ. Based on my read of him I think G !an is bad and have thought so since he chose to follow someone else's weak ping on day one instead of his "biggest suspect" Scotty. He further claimed lather that i had had more traction than Scotty even though that was not true since he was the first vote for me.

So I am thinking Scotty is possibly his teammate. But I have no plans on changing my vote. I hope you lynch G Man, but if you lynch me you lynch me :shrug: maybe that will get you to lynch him next. Since I am not the only one to suspect him.

And Wilgy, why u lie?
Why?

~~~

Yeah, I think they're compatible.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Rather than trying to lynch people based n their association with me, why not just lynch me, Jay? Itwill be easy since I am not really around t defend. This wa we won't lynch G Man,which I am guessing i your point, plus al of those posts about who is associated with me will be tons more valuable :)

Here, I will Help.

I hate posting on this phone, lol. I miss my old phone.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I tied it Jay. This way you can lynch ME, and then worry about those associations, right?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I think the baddies are rabbit and epi :)
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

CFD Rabbit!!
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

None of that is helpful.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

How so?
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't believe I need to explain that for the eleventh time.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, Wilgy, I personally was trying to get JJJ to take a stand; tpput his money where his mouth is. Why do you no longer think I am bad?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S wrote:I tied it Jay. This way you can lynch ME, and then worry about those associations, right?
I don't think you'd honestly be willing to throw the game away (which could be the case if any civilian pulls this stunt), so you're on.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Heists”