There might be more in store f..
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 85

Re: Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

Gameplay, Rules, PScore
Gameplay
1. Day phases will last 48 hours. Night phases will last 24 hours. Day 0 will last 48 hours.
2. At the end of a Day phase, the player with the most votes will be lynched. Votes must be cast in the poll to count. Votes in the poll are changeable at all times. Selfvotes are permitted. Announcing your vote in the thread is not compulsory, but the Grand Spreadsheetmaster wouldn't mind it. Players can opt for a "No Lynch" vote in any phase, but it will count as the lynch result only if that option gets the most votes. If two or more players are tied at the end of a Day phase, the player who faints from anxiety first loses. Alternatively or realistically, a coin toss.
3. The night is dark and full of terrors... and you should all experience it, for which the thread will not be locked during that phase.
5. The Mafia team can only interact in BTSC during the Night phase. At the end of a Night phase, a player will be targeted by the Mafia team to be nightkilled.
6. General win conditions are dead or alive for each opposing faction.
7. All flips will be revealed at the end of a phase.
8. This game is closed setup, so any further gameplay-based details will not be posted or explained unless revealed throughout the game.
10. >>>Players are advised not to end any phase throughout their game with 4, 9, 13 written posts or multiples of those numbers.<<<
11. After the game concludes, players may submit votes via PM for the MVP of the game. The player receiving the most votes will be crowned MVP and become eligible for The Syndicate's All-Star Heist Game.

Rules
1. Play in a civil and respectful manner towards your fellow players, the Host and the Mod. Remember that playing a game of deception and engaging in heated arguments is no reason to take it personally or step outside the spirit of the game's boundaries. PM foremost your Mod of Duty, aka the fearless juliets and/or, for relevant issues, The Host as well with any vents or rants.
2. No BTSC if you don't have any or during phases when it's not allowed.
3. No double targeting.
5. You should normally find it impossible to edit or delete your posts in the game thread, but if by any chance you can, please don't.
6. Generally post in white during regular gameplay, apart from nuancing specific posts with appropriate colors, if desired.
7. Roleclaiming and infodumping are permitted, but strictly alignment- (good, bad, badbadnotgood) and ability-wise.
8. Disclosing any PM material received via the Host is strictly prohibited.
10. >>>Strictly adhere to any other rules you may have been informed of.<<<
11. Dead players should post using the {Dead} button and off-topic, death reaction posts notwithstanding.
12. Non-players should post using the {np} button and off-topic at all times.
14. Any off-topic post should be written using the {OT} button.
15. This is the color in which The Host will be writing. Don't use it!

Participation Score
Any of the following scenarios will affect a player's participation score:

-- being inactive in the thread for an entire Cycle i.e. 72 hours (Day + Night)
-- failing to cast a vote in 2 polls throughout the game
-- if invested with an ability, any combination throughout the game of failing to cast a vote during a Day phase and to send a Night action
-- specifically for mafia players, any combination of failing to cast a vote during a Day phase and to pitch in on the team discussion during appropriate phases

Exemptions will be made for unforeseen circumstances, if you alert the Host and/or MoD about them. Also contact them for requesting replacement - keep in mind, however, that replacements might be limited or unavailable, depending on the signup outcome.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Player List, Events
Player List

Alive (6)

DrWilgy [Posts] - WINNER
Epignosis [Posts] - WINNER
G-Man [Posts] - WINNER
Quin [Posts] - WINNER
Spacedaisy [Posts]
S~V~S [Posts] - WINNER

Dead (8)

Vompatti [Posts] - Lynched Day 1 - WINNER
sig [Posts] - Killed Night 1
insertnamehere [Posts] - Lynched Day 2 - WINNER
Polo [Posts] - Killed Night 2 - WINNER
Elohcin [Posts] - Lynched Day 3
Scotty [Posts] - Lynched Day 4
JaggedJimmyJay [Posts] - Killed Night 4 - WINNER
rabbit8 [Posts] - Lynched Day 5

Revealed roles

Patient 1 | Vompatti, Odontopiptophobe (fear of teeth falling). Vanilla civilian
Patient 2 | sig, Asthenophobe (approx.: fear of chronic weakness). Vanilla civilian
Patient 3 | insertnamehere, Mafiaphobe (ad lib: fear of mafia). Vanilla civilian
Patient 5 | JaggedJimmyJay, Cnidophobe (approx.: fear of flying insect stings. Vanilla civilian
Patient 6 | Paranoid cop (stylised, odds). Every Night, can check a player to determine his alignment, but there is a 10% chance he will get a distorted read (a random role from a different faction) compared to the actual alignment. Odds will worsen (increase) with each civilian death during the game, maxing at 60%, yet improve (decrease) for every mafia death. Receives one free ID on another civilian at the end of D0, but it too will fall within the 10% chance of being a distorted read. The cop will not be self-aware of his sanity during the game - receives a role card that informs him of traditional cop duties, but with a slight questioning of this fact.
Patient 11 | Polo, Nycteggizophobe (ad lib: fear of something approaching in the dark) Vanilla civilian

Patient 4 | Scotty, Automatonocibophobe. (ad lib: fear of food turning sentient inside his stomatch) Vanilla mafia
Patient 9 | rabbit8, Astrophobe. (ad lib: fear of stars, outer space) Vanilla mafia
Patient 13 | Elohcin, fear unknown. Paranoid mafia leader. Receives a role card that informs her of her sanity and that one of her teammates may be plotting against her. Can secretly override the team's decision for a nightkill (by sending her own choice via PM to the Host) and can target any player whatsoever, but is restricted to one successful kill per faction.

Gameplay events

Day 0: Everything Will Be OK: Begin the begin.
Day 1: Therapy by Lynch
Night 1: Toothsome: Vompatti has been lynched. He was Patient 1, Vanilla civilian.
Day 2: Kaput: sig has been killed. He was Patient 2, Vanilla civilian.
Night 2: Fear of Mafia: insertnamehere has been lynched. He was Patient 3, Vanilla civilian.
Day 3: Finstre, schwarze Riesenfalter: Polo has been killed. He was Patient 11, Vanilla civilian.
Night 3: Fear March: Elohcin has been lynched. She was Patient 13, Paranoid mafia leader.
Day 4: Nocturne: No one has been killed.
Night 4: Toothsome, Part 2: Scotty has been lynched. He was Patient 4, Vanilla mafia.
Day 5: That's Going to Sting: JaggedJimmyJay has been killed. He was Patient 5, Vanilla civilian.
Tatarforas: rabbit8 has been lynched. He was Patient 9, Vanilla mafia.
I Fear the End is Near, My Dear: Triskaidekaphobia Mafia has concluded! The civilian patients have won!
Ricochet

[Day 0] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

Day 0: Everything Will Be OK
It's OK. It's OK. It's OK.

Everything is going to be fine.

Breathe.

Breeeeeeeeaaathe.

It proved, however, difficult to do that and for his own words to have any effect, given the circumstances. Not a moment had passed, in fact, without him chastising himself for being so distracted this morning as to forget to take his medication, after so many months of endless routine. Not when he had to go past a few neighbours, greeting him on his way outside. Not when he had to walk all the way to the destination, given that taking subway would have been like descending straight to the ninth circle and the buses were all staggeringly busy (at least in his flustered perception) at this early hour. Not when he had to slalom through one flux of people after another, on every street. Quite the predicament.

You'd think that, compared to this, finding only two people inside the elevator he was supposed to take, once inside the office building he arrived at, would be far less problematic. Then his anxiety translated this moment with the same disruptive intensity, hardwiring all his senses and thoughts. The couple nodded politely as he got in, to which he could barely etch a faint smirk and try to look away the following instant.

The elevator doors closed, to his fidgety displeasure.

'Which floor?' the woman asked, seeing as though she and her partner were closer to the panel, since he went straight squeezing himself in the opposite corner.
'Th-thirteen', he struggled to state.
'Oh, you mean twelve and a half?' the woman inquired.
"Twelve and what now?" he asked, glaring in puzzlement.
'Twelve and a half', the woman repeated, pointing at the panel with a smile. 'There is no thirteenth floor. The listing board at the entrance specifically said floor twelve and a half, as well. Isn't that right, hun?' she even asked her partner, to which the man simply grunted.

Twelve... twelve and a half... he squinted at the panel. 'Oh', he then remembered. 'That's right. Floor twelve and a half.' He also took the woman's smile as a sign of her likely finding him to be completely daft.

'We're following you, it seems', the woman cheerfully added, as she pressed the peculiar button.
'Beg your pardon?!' he let out a shriek.
'I was just saying that it seems we might be going the same way' the woman explained, this time looking a bit startled. Her partner also glanced his way, giving him a bit of a dirty look.
'Oh.'

As the elevator started moving, he now tried to focus on the jazzy jangles playing in the speakers, in an attempt to calm his heavy breathing. His discomfort worsened no more, overall, than when another person joined them, as the elevator reached the fourth floor. Fortunately, he only took the elevator up five floors and there was no other stop and no other people that joined them.

Floor twelve and a half, at last. The couple got off first and he let them distance themselves, to the extent of almost letting the door close back and have the elevator take off again. He rushed outside at the very last second and noticed how, indeed, the couple were heading the same way he intended to. Waiting a few more seconds, only when the sight of them was no more did he follow the same path, down the long corridor, then turning right, to enter a lobby area.

'Dunder Mifflin, this is P-... I mean, Virtual Reality Medical Center, how may I help you?' a lovely receptionist was answering the phone as walked right in.

This proved actually reassuring for him, as she was the first familiar face he'd seen all day so far. He alsoseemed to regain his composure a little bit, this way.

'Good morning, Mrs. Julie', he said, walking up to her booth.
'Oh, good morning, Dr. Halloway', Mrs. Julie replied with a big smile. 'How are you today?'
'Could be better, I guess', he nervously sighed. 'What's on the agenda for today?"
"Well, the special therapy session, of course", Mrs Julie replied with visible excitement. 'I think everyone has gathered, in fact."

He quickly turned livid, however, to this news. 'That's today?!' he panicked.
'Indeed it is', Mrs Julie confirmed.
'And they arrived? They're all here?' he fretted even more.
'Yes. All fourteen.'
'F-f-fourt-'
'Did you happen to forget?' Mrs. Julie further asked, starting to look worried. 'I even sent you a memo this morning.'

Distracted enough to even forget checking the mail, he thought to himself. And of all the days to forget to take my medication.

'No, no', he stammered. 'Well then, l-let's proceed.'

There were indeed fourteen people, fourteen patients waiting in a small conference room between the lobby and the practice labeled to be Dr. Halloway's. The couple he met in the elevator was, to no surprise, among them.

Breathe. Breeeeathe. Everything will be O-

'Go-good morning ev-vryone', he tried his best to greet them, although his pulse was now racing to thump over the sound of his voice and he was beginning to tremble at every step he took inside the room, closer to the group.
'Oh look, hun', Elohcin exclaimed. 'The person we met in the elevator must in fact be our therapist.'
'He doesn't look like much of a therapist to me', Epignosis replied with indifference.

A few hello's aside, everyone was waiting silently for Dr. Halloway to speak further.

'M-Mrs. Julie', he turned all the more anxiously towards her, 'would y-you ki-kndly ask th-tht-m to f-fl-lf-fil''

The following sound, however, was that of him hitting the floor, as he keeled over, then of chairs screeching, whilst everyone rose in shock, and Mrs Julie, together with several others, rushing to his aid.

'See', Epignosis added. 'I'd rather say he is one of us.'

The Host, an anthropophobe, has fainted.
Day 0 has begun and will last 46 hours (24 + 22).
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Role cards were sent to everyone, but let me know if you didn't receive one.

Also, fear not, for you can now post.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: [Day 0] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by juliets »

Hi everyone. I’m your friendly mod for this game. PM me if you start to get upset about the game (the game or the people) or if that mean host Ricochet tortures you. PM me if you need to yell at someone. I love being yelled at and will make a good substitution for whoever you were going to yell at. PM me if you just want to talk. PM me for any reason. My husband is out of town this week so I’m lonely (hopefully none of you have criminal ties in my area). I think you get the picture here. Also feel free to talk to your host. The mod is just trying to help the host deal with the kind of PMs I named above. Alrighty then, good luck to everyone! Woot game!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Elohcin »

Hey Guys! I'm excited about this game. But, gameplay #10....I'm too lazy to keep up with all that. Hopefully it won't bite me in the butt.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 28

Post by insertnamehere »

Yay game

Just a note, for the next week or so, I'll be phone posting, so I may not be as active as I usually am.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Quin »

hi there
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I'm scared :scared:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

This rule especially is going to be a headache:
10. >>>Players are advised not to end any phase throughout their game with 4, 9, 13 written posts or multiples of those numbers.<<<
Gonna have to manually count my posts every day. What's gonna happen? The big scary number police gonna '86' me?
(If you didn't get that joke, then you've never worked in a restaurant)

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Oh, and don't forget to fill out both forms by the end of Day 0 and sent them to the Host via PM.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:This rule especially is going to be a headache:
Gonna have to manually count my posts every day. What's gonna happen? The big scary number police gonna '86' me?
i have worked in a restaurant but i have no idea what it means :p
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote:
Scotty wrote:This rule especially is going to be a headache:
i have worked in a restaurant but i have no idea what it means :p
I actually looked up the origin recently because I was very confused as to what that had to do with the industry.

When someone "86's" something, it means that item is no longer available.

But the commonly accepted origin apparently comes from the Navy. See, they have a lingual code that refers to obsolete parts on ships of which to be disposed. This code is "AT-6", which has been bastardized over the years to "86".

Anyway, when the chefs run out of fish or the bartenders run out of wine, they will yell "86" and then you get to go back to Mr and Mrs Rosenblum to inform them they need to order something else. Then they raise their voice and demand to speak to your manager, so, seethingly, you allow your manager to be berated on behalf of you, for reasons you cannot logically take responsibility for, and after hours you get a reaming for not hearing that they "86'd" that wine last Friday.

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 26

Post by sig »

I didn't know who that lady was until I googled it so I picked not.

also Hi, been awhile since I played (or it seems like it) so be nice to me. :P
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 457
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Challenge accepted, Ricotroll. :meany:

Question though, for the HOST -- does the post count rule refer to a player's total post count when phases end, or their post count strictly during the phase?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

follow up question:

WHY???????????????
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote:follow up question:

WHY???????????????
Yoni Wolf

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote:I didn't know who that lady was until I googled it so I picked not.

Wait you've seriously never heard of Hilary Swank?

Oh man do I feel old.

I might just vote for you day 1 for making me feel old, dog

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 104

Post by DrWilgy »

Oh shit
Waddup?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Challenge accepted, Ricotroll. :meany:

Question though, for the HOST -- does the post count rule refer to a player's total post count when phases end, or their post count strictly during the phase?
During the phase.
Quin wrote:follow up question:

WHY???????????????
I'm afraid I can't answer that. :scared:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

insertnamehere wrote:Yay game

Just a note, for the next week or so, I'll be phone posting, so I may not be as active as I usually am.
I am legit scared by your avatar. What is that?
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Vompatti »

Hilary Ann Swank (born July 30, 1974) is an American actress and producer.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 28

Post by insertnamehere »

Ricochet wrote:

I am legit scared by your avatar. What is that?
It's from the latest episode of Mr Robot, which is a great show.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Scotty wrote:

Oh man do I feel old.

But, scotty you are old. :)

:P
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

@HOST why is there no rule number 3?

Also I'd like to bring attention to this.

5. The Mafia team can only interact in BTSC during the Night phase.

I'm not sure how much this helps us, I know the last game we had with this was the Scrimmag, I was mafia and it did make things more hectic and we had much less planning. However, it also made the links less clear. So I think we should keep in mind the mafia doesn't have day chat.

Any thoughts on this?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

sig wrote:@HOST why is there no rule number 3?

I'm not sure how much this helps us, I know the last game we had with this was the Scrimmag, I was mafia and it did make things more hectic and we had much less planning. However, it also made the links less clear. So I think we should keep in mind the mafia doesn't have day chat.

Any thoughts on this?
Rule number 4 not 3.
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Any thoughts on this?
Why are you so concerned about it? You scared?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I don't think we should rule out the possibility that the mafia could, to some extent, communicate telepathically.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Oh man do I feel old.

TAKE IT BACK

lol how old do you think I am? I'm not Epi's age, that's for sure. :grin:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Any thoughts on this?
Well day 1 in particular doesn't matter for Mafia hijinx unless you're Matt and you decide to start bussing your teammate Bullzeye early.

But I suppose it helps because the day phases are a long 48 hours while nights are still 24, so Mafia only has 1/3 of the game to plan. If the inactivity of this site recently is any indication, that does bode well for the town :grin:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Vompatti wrote:I don't think we should rule out the possibility that the mafia could, to some extent, communicate telepathically.
Vompatti, what's your favorite food and why is it mushrooms?

Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Scotty wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I don't think we should rule out the possibility that the mafia could, to some extent, communicate telepathically.
Actually it's liver cassarole.

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Vompatti wrote:
Scotty wrote:
That was my next guess.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

sig wrote:

Any thoughts on this?
Rule number 4 not 3.
I'm afraid I can't answer that. :scared:

Also, the traditional aspect of Heists asks for mafia to be able to communicate only during Nights and town only during Days. So far, I chose to respect the former and ignore the latter, because locked threads during the Nighy are total blah.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Vompatti wrote:
Scotty wrote:
If I were cooked whole... Would I be considered a liver casserole?
Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

DrWilgy wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Just what kind of a life form are you?

Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Scotty wrote:
sig wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Oh man do I feel old.

TAKE IT BACK

I was going to cheat and look at your profile, but your age doesn't show up. However, you did say you're younger then Epi so I guess your about fifty two? :shifty:

Or if that isn't right lets go with 23?
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote:
Scotty wrote:
sig wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Oh man do I feel old.

TAKE IT BACK

I was going to cheat and look at your profile, but your age doesn't show up. However, you did say you're younger then Epi so I guess your about fifty two? :shifty:

Or if that isn't right lets go with 23?
:haha:

Naw, I'm 26. I'm officially on my own health insurance. Next up is my AARP card, surely!

Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

AARP, Inc., formerly the American Association of Retired Persons, is a United States-based membership and interest group, founded in 1958 by Ethel Percy Andrus, Ph.D., a retired educator from California, and Leonard Davis, founder of Colonial Penn Group of insurance companies.

Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Elohcin »

sig wrote:

Any thoughts on this?
Rule number 4 not 3.
I agree with you here. I, for one, love my chatzy BTSC when I am bad. Not only for planning and scheming, but for chatty fun. I have been bad in a game (or two perhaps, you guys know my memory) where the BTSC only took place in a separate thread and only during the night. It was a little chaotic, disconnected, and planning and scheming was quite difficult imo. I really hated it, honestly. I didn't even really feel as if I was part of a team. That said, I don't think we need to underestimate the mafia b/c of this. We have some really good players in this game - JJJ, Epi, Scotty, YOU...to name a few. I am sure these are some players that will be able to work with what they're given.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 121

Post by G-Man »

Boy, what a formidable lineup we have in this game! :faint:

I'm voting no in the poll. Hilary Swank may look pretty on the red carpet and in a handful of her roles but she doesn't meet my definition of hot.

Love the opening post full of flavor, Hosty McHost!
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Hi. Juliets has already received some PMs, so I'd like to clarify that her following post in the thread
juliets wrote:Oh, and don't forget to fill out both forms by the end of Day 0 and sent them to the Host via PM.
was both flavor (there is a "Mrs. Julie" working at the Center, in the story I skechted so far) and a soft reminder to address anything you may have received via PM. "Forms" is medical for writing down important information.

I know that the MoD does not interact, game-wise, but it was a special request for her to post that, this one time. You'll receive any other reminder from me, from now on.

If there are any further questions, forward them to me and/or juliets.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Slank cover engaged.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Any thoughts on this?
Leaning town on sig. This observation and reference to personal experience is more likely to come from a freshly baked townie looking for a way to get discussion started than a baddie who just wants something to say.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Doc, what's the most interesting thing to you about page one of this thread not including Rico's posts?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote:I agree with you here. I, for one, love my chatzy BTSC when I am bad. Not only for planning and scheming, but for chatty fun. I have been bad in a game (or two perhaps, you guys know my memory) where the BTSC only took place in a separate thread and only during the night. It was a little chaotic, disconnected, and planning and scheming was quite difficult imo. I really hated it, honestly. I didn't even really feel as if I was part of a team. That said, I don't think we need to underestimate the mafia b/c of this. We have some really good players in this game - JJJ, Epi, Scotty, YOU...to name a few. I am sure these are some players that will be able to work with what they're given.
This doesn't make me feel as warm and fuzzy as sig's post because it is an expansion upon a topic rather than the genesis of a topic -- but I do appreciate the immediate paranoia of perceived "good players" and how they might treat restricted baddie communication. Decent look for Elohcin.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

#day0stances

#nevertooearly

#gimmethoseresponses

#gimmethoseaccusations

#letsgetrolling

#unnecessaryhashtag

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Any thoughts on this?
Leaning town on sig. This observation and reference to personal experience is more likely to come from a freshly baked townie looking for a way to get discussion started than a baddie who just wants something to say.
Preemptive, but I dig your reasoning.

linki: #waytoomanyhashtags
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think I like Vompatti too. I don't pretend to know his anti-town methods very well, but if I had to guess I'd say he's more apt to just dive right in with his stuff when town rather than wait around in total lurk mode. I am resolved this game to always have a stance on Vompatti either way. I refuse to call him null. He won't get that from me. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Heists”