[END] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Which game will be next in my Heist TV Sitcom series? You decide! Pick 1 or 2.

Friends (Sockpuppets)
12%
Friends (Regular Accounts)
12%
Malcolm in the Middle (Sockpuppets)
6%
Malcolm in the Middle (Regular Accounts)
No votes
Scrubs (Sockpuppets)
12%
Scrubs (Regular Accounts)
No votes
Seinfeld (Sockpuppets)
35%
Seinfeld (Regular Accounts)
12%
No preference / Placeholder
12%

Total votes: 17
Maid
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 36

Re: [DAY 5] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Post by Maid »

Like, really? Come on man! I ran a clean campaign and was pivotal in eliminating Chris. I'm really sorry about Leslie, but then again I'm kinda not sorry because she was the only things standing in between me and that one office (can't remember what exactly it's called at the moment). Cut me some slack!
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutellaphant »

Reposting for Bobby to see.
Ben Wyatt wrote:QUESTION TIME!

Bobby, why do you suspect me? Is there anything I can respond to? What's your impression of one mister Jerry Gergich?
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

Ben Wyatt wrote:
Spoiler: show
I just found this, and it needs to be shared.
I don't even get a cat. :sigh:
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Andy Dwyer wrote:Didn't even see your screw up, dude!

My secret identity remains a mystery...
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

Ben Wyatt wrote:Reposting for Bobby to see.
Ben Wyatt wrote:QUESTION TIME!

Bobby, why do you suspect me? Is there anything I can respond to? What's your impression of one mister Jerry Gergich?
It was something you said on the first day. My top suspects were Chris and Leslie, and I remember you being third. I have to go back and look to find it.

My trust of Jerry stems from something April said about him.
April Ludgate wrote:
Jerry Gergich wrote:I agree with most of what April has said. She seems like a sweet kid. I will try to do a better job of posting more. I just get so forgetful. Chris would probably be my next suspect after Ben, as he shares the trying too hard vibe and helped kill the cop.
This also looks kind of like a civ slip, when he said Ben helped kill the cop (implying Ben's lynch vote was in part the cause of Craig dying, meaning Jerry forgot who the cop was).

Of course this kind of derp can be faked, but that's not the vibe I get here.
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

Ah ha, now I see what it was. It was the way you were quick to smear April for that time she said she was a Miller (like, what even is that? Is it like a Mason?), and I didn't like the way you treated Bill for taking the same stance you took regarding April's claim.
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Bobby Newport wrote:Ah ha, now I see what it was. It was the way you were quick to smear April for that time she said she was a Miller (like, what even is that? Is it like a Mason?), and I didn't like the way you treated Bill for taking the same stance you took regarding April's claim.
Whenever anyone makes a bold claim like that on Day 1, I'm initially dubious. I admit, it took me a while to fully trust April. I was waiting to see if any other players came out strongly against her claim, because they may have a role which originates from a completely different setup than the Miller's. I explained this to Ron during D4.
Ben Wyatt wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Now tell me why your Day 1 casemaking appears so much of a stinker.
I assumed that if April was lying about her Miller claim, either a fellow civ would know so and attempt to fight it, or the mafia would try and cast doubt on it. I looked for the person with the biggest negative knee-jerk reaction, and found it in Bill.

I thought that his hostility about April's claim came from more than healthy skepticism. I was wrong. I made connections in my head that were a result of me overthinking the game, not the actual game itself. And I made a wrong call.

Not sure what else I can say about it other than explaining my mistake and admitting fault.
All in all, I'd say it's about as bad as you joining the case against Leslie during D4.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Bobby Newport wrote:My trust of Jerry stems from something April said about him.
April Ludgate wrote:
Jerry Gergich wrote:I agree with most of what April has said. She seems like a sweet kid. I will try to do a better job of posting more. I just get so forgetful. Chris would probably be my next suspect after Ben, as he shares the trying too hard vibe and helped kill the cop.
This also looks kind of like a civ slip, when he said Ben helped kill the cop (implying Ben's lynch vote was in part the cause of Craig dying, meaning Jerry forgot who the cop was).

I'd ask you to read my case against him and weigh it against one moment of botched semantics.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

Ben Wyatt wrote:
Bobby Newport wrote:Ah ha, now I see what it was. It was the way you were quick to smear April for that time she said she was a Miller (like, what even is that? Is it like a Mason?), and I didn't like the way you treated Bill for taking the same stance you took regarding April's claim.
Whenever anyone makes a bold claim like that on Day 1, I'm initially dubious. I admit, it took me a while to fully trust April. I was waiting to see if any other players came out strongly against her claim, because they may have a role which originates from a completely different setup than the Miller's. I explained this to Ron during D4.
Ben Wyatt wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Now tell me why your Day 1 casemaking appears so much of a stinker.
I assumed that if April was lying about her Miller claim, either a fellow civ would know so and attempt to fight it, or the mafia would try and cast doubt on it. I looked for the person with the biggest negative knee-jerk reaction, and found it in Bill.

I thought that his hostility about April's claim came from more than healthy skepticism. I was wrong. I made connections in my head that were a result of me overthinking the game, not the actual game itself. And I made a wrong call.

Not sure what else I can say about it other than explaining my mistake and admitting fault.
All in all, I'd say it's about as bad as you joining the case against Leslie during D4.
I didn't join anything (certainly not any organizations with racist ties- that was absolutely a misunderstanding and only happened once).
Bobby Newport wrote:And when I say the mafia should quit, I mean Leslie and Chris.
Leslie Knope wrote:I think we need to seriously debate the merits of not lynching anyone today. If we kill someone now and they turn out to be good, then those monsters who killed Lil Sebastian will kill again and we'll be down two good guys. Yes, there's a chance we can get one of the people responsible, but it's only a 1/5 possibility.
Chris Traeger wrote:Silly me, I almost forgot about Bill! He seems to be very preoccupied with you. Which could very much be an attempt to avoid discussion that might stray onto himself or a fellow evil teammate, if it is intentional. It would be nice to hear what he thinks of people other than the fresh breath of air that is April Ludgate. Otherwise I am inclined to put him on a list of suspects. Did that answer your question? :biggrin:
These are the two most suspicious things in the world. If I could, I'd make an attack ad saying so. A really good powerful ad that talks about why a Leslie who wants to help the people she loves and the greatest city in the world (whatever that means) would entertain the thought of throwing out the only tool we have to eliminate the competition. I'd make a really awesome ad that talks about how Chris voted for somebody he almost forgot about, somebody he painted with a hollow claim of "could very much be an attempt." Like, what does that even mean? I mean, I could very much be attempting to run for office to get my dad off my back, and you'd be right, but you get my point.
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

Ben Wyatt wrote:
Bobby Newport wrote:My trust of Jerry stems from something April said about him.
April Ludgate wrote:

I'd ask you to read my case against him and weigh it against one moment of botched semantics.
Along with hiring the right DJ for the election party and getting my campaign advisor to reconsider finding a different job, it's on my list.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Marge Simpson »

I trust Ben, so far. Ben looks best to me. Bobby looks good too. You guys may be at odds, but you both talk like civs. I think you should work together. Jean-Ralphio would be my third pick for a civ, I really like the specticism he is bringing to the Ben/Andy dynamic.

I don't trust Andy. Ben, why do you trust Andy? Bobby, do you trust Andy?

I do not think you have this game solved. I would not have been asked to sub in if you already know who the last two baddies are and you are about to lynch them.

I would say the baddies are two of Jerry, Andy, Donna. But not both of Jerry and Donna. That means Andy. And since Andy is pushing Jerry, Donna. I think Andy and Donna might be the baddies.

I don't understand why Jerry. Is there any reason I'm not aware of to rule some of these people out?

So far, based on what I've seen, I think Andy or Donna would be the right vote.

Of course, I could be really fucking this up and it is Jerry. But, I've been asked to sub in for a reason. Time to challenge you guys. Why isn't it Andy?
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Actually, looking back a bit around the Chris Traeger vote, I get the Jerry thing.

But I think it doesn't make Andy look any better.

Andy/Jerry could be possible.
November
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 103

Post by November »

Explain Day 4 with the context that you think I am bad and taht Donna is not.

I flipped on Leslie to lynch Jerry (who you think is bad)
Donna flipped on Leslie to save Jerry.
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Tom Haverford wrote:I trust Ben, so far. Ben looks best to me. Bobby looks good too. You guys may be at odds, but you both talk like civs. I think you should work together. Jean-Ralphio would be my third pick for a civ, I really like the specticism he is bringing to the Ben/Andy dynamic.

I don't trust Andy. Ben, why do you trust Andy? Bobby, do you trust Andy?

I do not think you have this game solved. I would not have been asked to sub in if you already know who the last two baddies are and you are about to lynch them.

I would say the baddies are two of Jerry, Andy, Donna. But not both of Jerry and Donna. That means Andy. And since Andy is pushing Jerry, Donna. I think Andy and Donna might be the baddies.

I don't understand why Jerry. Is there any reason I'm not aware of to rule some of these people out?

So far, based on what I've seen, I think Andy or Donna would be the right vote.

Of course, I could be really fucking this up and it is Jerry. But, I've been asked to sub in for a reason. Time to challenge you guys. Why isn't it Andy?
Why don't you trust Andy, Tom? You seem to have it out for him a little bit.

I trust Andy because we seem to have pretty similar reads on people, and I saw his case against Leslie, and subsequent case against Jerry as genuine.

I just feel like Andy has been on the level with me, while everyone else has been either inactive, or too swallowed up by RP.

I mean, I get it. You're RPing an annoying character. You don't need to play annoyingly too.

And by the way, here's why Jerry. Apparently, the massive wall post I dedicated to listing every single reason why I think Jerry is bad is "too long" and "too complicated" for people. It's Cones of Dunshire all over again.

Here's the TL;DR version.
Ben Wyatt wrote:TL;DR VERSION:

Chris, the only confirmed mafia saved Jerry's ass Day 2. Donna saved Jerry's ass Day 4.

Jerry very rarely actually discusses any of his suspicions in actual detail. Or really anything at all.

He's been tunneling me since Day 1, and none of his arguments hold any water.

Jerry is not an easy lynch. The fact that he's narrowly managed to avoid death twice now proves it.
Why do you think Jerry and Donna are incompatible as baddies? You may not be aware of it, but Donna saved Jerry's behind on Day 4, similar to how Chris, the only confirmed mafia, saved Jerry's behind on Day 2. I'm not 100% sold as seeing Donna as Jerry's teammate, a lot of that relies on whether or not she keeps to her word and votes Jerry today, but to completely ignore the angle is shortsighted.
Just because you subbed in, which I pleaded for, BTW, doesn't mean that I'm wrong.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Tom, you haven't really said anything specific about why you don't trust Andy. If there's something more to that other than gut, I'd like to hear it, because my gut is only reading civilian for him.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Bobby Newport wrote:
Ben Wyatt wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:

Along with hiring the right DJ for the election party and getting my campaign advisor to reconsider finding a different job, it's on my list.
(me waiting for Bobby to read my ISO)
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Day 4 Final Vote Tally

Who is a murderer?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:12:27 pm

Andy Dwyer
No votes

Ben Wyatt
No votes

Bobby Newport
No votes

Donna Meagle
No votes

Jean-Ralphio
No votes

Jerry Gergich
Leslie Knope (3), Andy Dwyer (7), Ben Wyatt (8), Ron Swanson (15) 25%

Leslie Knope
Bobby Newport (5), Jean-Ralphio (9), Jerry Gergich (10), Donna Meagle (14) 25%

Ron Swanson
No votes

Tom Haverford
No votes

*Unvote*
No votes

*No Lynch*
No votes

Chris Traeger!!! (hosts, deadies, non-players)
Perd Hapley (1), MovingPictures07 (2), juliets (4), Spacedaisy (6), Scotty (11), notsawyer540 (12), G-Man (13), insertnamehere (16) 50%

Total votes : 16

Missing votes: Tom Haverford

Tom-- this makes no sense if I am bad.
Thundercat
Determination
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Thundercat »

So, i got called away from the game about 4 hours earlier than I was expecting to have to leave. Got home late, got 3 hours sleep and have been running ever since

It occurs to me that I ran out the door without voting. I'b back to do that quick. I admit I've not read since I last posted as I have been and continue to have to deal woth other priorities at the moment.

Voting Jerry. I'm sorry, this has been an even more busy than usual week.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Andy Dwyer wrote:Explain Day 4 with the context that you think I am bad and taht Donna is not.

I flipped on Leslie to lynch Jerry (who you think is bad)
Donna flipped on Leslie to save Jerry.
I don't know who is bad. This kind of post is why I think you are bad. Why would you expect someone who just subbed in to 'explain day 4'. I wasn't there and obviously can't 'explain it', but I imagine it would be great for you if you could lynch your teammate Jerry and then have an ironclad reason to mislynch someone right after.

@Ben - I don't watch P&R so forget roleplaying. I'm calling it how I see it. I think Andy is buddying you. "I trust Andy because we seem to have pretty similar reads on people", "I just feel like Andy has been on the level with me" - I don't feel so. I read your interactions and I feel like Andy is taking advantage of you.

But, in the end, the case on Jerry is very strong, so I'll vote there first and then see what happens. It will give me more time to get my head in the game.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Ps, Ben - me subbing in is pointless if everyone else is saying 'I've already got the game solved, I have no flexibility to even reconsider'.

Trust me, I didn't get asked to sub in because you had the game solved. I got asked to sub in because this game is looking like going to lylo to the host. He wouldn't have asked otherwise.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

I've been trying to lynch Jerry for much longer than just today. It would be silly for me to do what you are purporting.

Surely you must understand how frustrating it is to me that you barge in here saying that I am bad, you're uninterested in past events, and suddenly you think me showing you evidence that Donna is likely Jerry's teammate(the fact that she saved his ass when it counted) is evidence that I am bad. This is all ass backwards.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

How am I taking advantage of Ben? If anything, Ben is buddying me-- I just don't see Ben as bad. And haven't pretty much ever.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Reminder:

Donna voted Leslie yesterday after civ reading her all game. This saved Jerry. Today she only voted him after it didn't matter who she voted for.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Andy Dwyer wrote:Reminder:

Donna voted Leslie yesterday after civ reading her all game. This saved Jerry. Today she only voted him after it didn't matter who she voted for.
And apparently you went after Leslie all game and then pulled out when it was probably too late. A rather good way to frame someone else if Jerry is your teammate, no?
Andy Dwyer wrote:Surely you must understand how frustrating it is to me that you barge in here saying that I am bad, you're uninterested in past events, and suddenly you think me showing you evidence that Donna is likely Jerry's teammate(the fact that she saved his ass when it counted) is evidence that I am bad. This is all ass backwards.
Absolutely. Especially if you felt you were on track to a baddie victory.

Well, not especially. You'd be frustrated no matter what. Why should that make me see you as civilian?
Andy Dwyer wrote:How am I taking advantage of Ben? If anything, Ben is buddying me-- I just don't see Ben as bad. And haven't pretty much ever.
I disagree. Ben seems very townie to me. You... seem flighty and full of agenda. Actually, textbook me as baddie. You smell wrong.

It's just an impression for now. We'll see what happens with Jerry first, then I'll re-evaluate.
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Ironically, how Tom is now acting towards Andy is pretty much the same way Andy acted towards Leslie. Tunnel vision and a stout refusal to interpret things in ways that don't lead up to baddie.

I view both Tom and Andy at this point as confused civs.

Jean-Ralphio also gets some brownie points from me, as he's had a steady point of view this entire game, and there's no real vote where I thought: "Why the hell did JR vote for that person?"

I can't say that for Donna and Bobby.

If Jerry is bad, and I will honestly be shocked if he was, I'd pursue Donna primarily. But, if she makes some logical and persuasive cases against another player, or a fellow citizen does something especially shady, I'd definitely be up for lynching them instead.

I'm less 100% sold on Donna's scumminess than I am with Jerry's, but she's still my top suspect going into Day 6, provided that I'm, y'know, alive.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Ben Wyatt wrote:If Jerry is bad, and I will honestly be shocked if he was NOT, I'd pursue Donna primarily. But, if she makes some logical and persuasive cases against another player, or a fellow citizen does something especially shady, I'd definitely be up for lynching them instead.
fixed
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Ben Wyatt wrote:
Ben Wyatt wrote:If Jerry is bad, and I will honestly be shocked if he ISN'T, I'd pursue Donna primarily. But, if she makes some logical and persuasive cases against another player, or a fellow citizen does something especially shady, I'd definitely be up for lynching them instead.
fixed
dammit

fixed 2.0
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Ben Wyatt wrote:
Ben Wyatt wrote:
Ben Wyatt wrote:If Jerry isn't bad, and I will honestly be shocked if he is, I'd pursue Donna primarily during Day 6. But, if she makes some logical and persuasive cases against another player, or a fellow citizen does something especially shady, I'd definitely be up for lynching them instead.
fixed
dammit

fixed 2.0
ok this isn't even funny anymore, it's just depressing
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

I'm the one with tunnel vision? I bring a new perspective and all you want to do is shut it down and call me confused.

I think not. I'm just trying to breathe some life into a game that - I cannot state this enough - I would not have been asked to be in if you had already had it solved. MP foresaw this game going to lylo, and knew the civs needed me to have any chance of winning, or he would not have asked me.

I don't know if Andy is bad or you are good. All I know is the two of you both have tunnel vision, and you are leading the thread to lylo. You should open your eyes to the possibility you are wrong.

Forget 'Donna making a case'. Clearly she isn't going to. Lean on JR. Lean on me. People who you might see signs of life in.

If Jerry is bad, I could be convinced that any of Andy, you or Bobby were the other, but I'm certain it isn't Donna. If Jerry is good, we are in big trouble, but in that case maybe Donna is a decent bet.

You seem very unwilling to allow any threat to Andy's game or to be open to the idea he could be bad. Why?

For me, the smart vote is Andy.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Voting Andy. That's what my gut is telling me to do.

No slight on Ben's case on Jerry, though, which I believe it both genuine and very good.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Tom Haverford wrote:
Andy Dwyer wrote:Reminder:

And apparently you went after Leslie all game and then pulled out when it was probably too late. A rather good way to frame someone else if Jerry is your teammate, no?
Absolutely not.
I voted for Jerry FIRST, if I remember correctly, on Day 4. If I wanted to bus my teammate, why would I do it in the way you're suggesting? Why wouldn't I lynch Leslie, not leave it up to donna, and then do it TODAY? That would give me a more consistent game view. However, I saw that Jerry was WAY more likely to be bad given the Chris flip and I just couldn't justify voting Leslie over Jerry at that point. Jerry has been saved twice. Once by a confirmed baddie. Once by someone who civ read Leslie all game and gave no reason to vote Leslie.
Tom Haverford wrote:
Andy Dwyer wrote:Surely you must understand how frustrating it is to me that you barge in here saying that I am bad, you're uninterested in past events, and suddenly you think me showing you evidence that Donna is likely Jerry's teammate(the fact that she saved his ass when it counted) is evidence that I am bad. This is all ass backwards.
Absolutely. Especially if you felt you were on track to a baddie victory.

Well, not especially. You'd be frustrated no matter what. Why should that make me see you as civilian?
I'm just saying, you're telling me to not tell you to "explain" anything, but you subbed into a game and are ingoring facts.
Tom Haverford wrote:
Andy Dwyer wrote:How am I taking advantage of Ben? If anything, Ben is buddying me-- I just don't see Ben as bad. And haven't pretty much ever.
I disagree. Ben seems very townie to me. You... seem flighty and full of agenda. Actually, textbook me as baddie. You smell wrong.

It's just an impression for now. We'll see what happens with Jerry first, then I'll re-evaluate.
Flightly? quantify that. how so?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Tom Haverford wrote:Voting Andy. That's what my gut is telling me to do.

No slight on Ben's case on Jerry, though, which I believe it both genuine and very good.
....you are ignoring every ounce of evidence we have in this game for a gut read that you can't substantiate because you haven't read the thread.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

I can think of at least two other reasons why MP would replace you.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

1) me and ben are the active civvies and we can't sway lynches on our own if we're the only two voting. that's not fair to us.
2) somehow donna isn't bad and you are.
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

Ben Wyatt wrote:
Bobby Newport wrote:
Ben Wyatt wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:

(me waiting for Bobby to read my ISO)
Sorry Ben. I don't have time to read your book, but I'm sure it's probably interesting. I'll vote Jerry, since that's the will of the people, and he isn't in here fighting as though his life was on the line. Oh and hey, Democracy, right?
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

'explain that', 'quantify that'. What are you, some kind of accountant? I don't need red tape and regulations.

I'm going on gut. You're reacting to me all wrong. Stop treating me like I've been in the game from the start. I don't know who voted for who when, and I don't give a crap. Give me old fashioned scum hunting. You smell bad.

linki - Andy, oh I read the thread. Every post. I just didn't live the context. I don't have to 'substantiate' why you are bad. I've seen what it looks like when vocal people take over the thread and lead it. You remind me of MP and Golden, always jumping on each others reads, that doesn't mean you are both good and it doesn't mean you are both right.

"I can think of at least two other reasons why MP would replace you" - well, I happen to have the advantage of knowing the 'because I am bad' one isn't correct. What's your second reason?

As long as Ben understands that if he hits you at lylo, he shouldn't trust you, then my job here is done. I just want to get people to reconsider their reads. That's what I'm here to do.

Oh, the second reason is you can't swing the lynches on your own?

Of course you can. You have bobby and JR and both are participating. Both were voting Jerry before I subbed in too.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Perd Hapley »

Day 5: Fart Attack

I'm Perd Hapley I'm a reporter of Channel 4 eye witness news, but for the next two hours I'll be the host of this telethon.

The story of this next dance is...

Oh my, something is occurring that is interrupting my dance. It seems an older gentleman is clutching at his chest. It almost looks as if he is experiencing chest pains. And oh... oh my. The story now is that it appears he is passing gas. He is passing large amounts of gas. So much that this reporter can no longer report the news of this... fart attack.

We'll resume after these commercial messages.

Jerry Gergich has been lynched.

He was thellama73 and a Vanilla Townie.
It is now Night 5.

The thread is now locked for the next 24 hours. If you have an active power, send in your PM.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 32
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorry in advance for the lack of a host post, folks, got caught up with PhD stuff and playing two mafia games today, so didn't have time to get a host post written. I'll still get everything up and running ASAP.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 5 Final Vote Tally
Who is a murderer?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:00:09 pm

Andy Dwyer
Tom Haverford (11) 8%

Ben Wyatt
Jerry Gergich (4) 8%

Bobby Newport
No votes

Donna Meagle
No votes

Jean-Ralphio
No votes

Jerry Gergich
Andy Dwyer (5), Ben Wyatt (7), Jean-Ralphio (8), Donna Meagle (10), Bobby Newport (12) 38%

Tom Haverford
No votes

*Unvote*
No votes

*No Lynch*
No votes

That bitch of an ex-wife Tammy (hosts, deadies, non-players)
MovingPictures07 (1), juliets (2), notsawyer540 (3), insertnamehere (6), Scotty (9), Perd Hapley (13) 46%
Total votes : 13
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [NIGHT 5] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 5: It Is Now LYLO

Ben Wyatt has been killed.

He was insertnamehere and a Vanilla Townie.

It is now Day 6.

It is now LYLO. If a civilian is lynched today, mafia will win the game.

All votes are locked once they are cast. Day 6 will end once either a player receives a majority of the votes or all players have voted.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [DAY 6] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Post by November »

This blows.

:/
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

i'm at a loss
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Well, I suggest the first thing we do is not jump to any conclusions.

We should analyse possible teams - there are 10. Each civilian knows that four are wrong (the four that include them) so they should take a good look at the other six and post their feelings, in my opinion.

Andy/Bobby
Andy/JR
Andy/Donna
Andy/Tom
Bobby/JR
Bobby/Donna
Bobby/Tom
JR/Donna
JR/Tom
Donna/Tom

Don't forget, if even a single civilian votes wrong, we lose, as the baddies will pile on. And votes aren't changeable. We gotta be cautious.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Tom Haverford wrote:Well, I suggest the first thing we do is not jump to any conclusions.

We should analyse possible teams - there are 10. Each civilian knows that four are wrong (the four that include them) so they should take a good look at the other six and post their feelings, in my opinion.

Andy/Bobby
Andy/JR
Andy/Donna
Andy/Tom
Bobby/JR
Bobby/Donna
Bobby/Tom
JR/Donna
JR/Tom
Donna/Tom

Don't forget, if even a single civilian votes wrong, we lose, as the baddies will pile on. And votes aren't changeable. We gotta be cautious.
Bobby/JR
If Jerry or Donna wasn't bad, I was looking at Bobby, but I see Jean Ralphio as consistent and genuine. Unlikely.

Bobby/Donna
I could see this, but my evidence against Donna is in the garbage. I really thought she saved Jerry on Day 4.

Bobby/Tom
New Tom seems ok, I guess. Old Tom didn't exist. IT's hard to say, but I guess I'd advocate for a Bobby Newport lynch right now.

JR/Donna
I don't see this. I don't think Jean Ralphio is bad.

JR/Tom
Again, I don't see this happening because Jean Ralphio, in my eyes, is not bad.

Donna/Tom
Maaaaaaybe. What a pair to be bad, too. But I don't have anything solid against either one.

I guess Bobby's the way to go for me. :shrug: I have no more evidence against Donna, JR reads civvie to me... :shrug:
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 17
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Paprika »

Andy, Bobby, Donna, Tom....2 of you have been playin' the rest of us for fools! The problem here is that all the analysis we can try and do is gonna be flawed because of the early non-participation of Tom "A" Haverford. Now Tom "B" Haverford SEEMS like he is on the side of us loyal Pawneeans but he could just as easily be playing some MAJOR damage control. Unfortunately, trying to get a read on him is gonna be that much harder which reduces his possible team options for each of us by half...

So here's what I see from the other 3 shortys:
Andy- Begins the game calling Leslie an imposter...RELENTLESSLY. Starts D2 with "guys leslie bill ron" (no explanation or reason given, all 3 turned out civ), continues pursuit against Leslie (ALL DAY LONG) like a Reasonablist pursues the coming of Zorp. Starts D3 where D2 left off: more Leslie attacks, finally listens to ron to think about someone OTHER than Leslie but makes more attacks on Leslie first calling her a flip-flopper, says ron is talking smart but still puts Leslie on his list above Chris and GAry (Jerry), apologizes to ben for "slighting him" saying he wants everyone to vote Leslie still and that he has given other reads (which he REALLY hadn't), ends day voting Leslie. D4 changes lanes (only slightly) sayin "lynch jerry then leslie", says the votes from D3 make jerry look worse than Leslie (first sign of backing off the Leslie attacks), says he is good with either lynch (not sure if this is referring to his leslie/jerry post or Jerry's suspision of Ben meaning a Ben or Jerry lynch???), makes note of Donna flip-flopping on Leslie to MAYBE save Jerry, ended up voting Jerry (2nd to vote jerry, 3rd vote overal). D5 begins responding to Bobby saying between Ben Donna and himself Donna is the baddia, responds to Jerry calling for Ben lynch saying "u first m8", calls for Donna to vote Jerry, agrees with an analysis done by Ben, calls for Jerry Lynch then Donna next, claims as a high poster (though 90% of them lck any real substance) he'll be the next one to die (helpless civvie ruse???), asks if anyone else besides he and ben are still playing and bullies Donna again to vote Jerry, says Donna is trapped no matter who she chooses to vote for, calls out to me and bro-migo Tom claiming he and Ben have posted "EXTENSIVELEY" over 2 pages about Jerry and Donna (in reality it was really only Ben), replies to ben saying if Donna is civ then of Tom/Bobby/J-RizzleRalphio Bobby is the bad guy, (at this point Tom "B" Haverford is introduced and comes out against andy) gets ultra defensive at Tom's suspisions, says he's been going after jerry for more than just this day, refutes Tom caliming he's buddying Ben with a very "NoU" response, throws Donna under the bus referencing her leslie flip-flop, calims he voted Jerry FIRST if he remembers correctly (he didn't...he voted 2nd after Leslie), attacks Tom for not having read the thread after casting a vote against him, ends D5 saying he and Ben are the only active civs and " somehow donna isn't bad and you(Tom???) are." The dillio I'm scopin' on Mr. Johnny Karate here is that he ruthlessly and blindly was attacking Leslie and Jerry never ONCE really relenting or even stopping to consider rethinking things even after Leslie turned up civ and makes many claims at his actions/activties/analysis, but while he has been active, outside of D5 which recorded his LONGEST posts (mostly defending himself against New Tom's accusations) everything he said was a sentence or two per post (if that even sometimes).

Bobby- Nothing much of substance D1, NOTHING on D2, starts D3 asking people to vote FOR HIM, first call-out is on D3 against Leslie (named first) and Chris (possibly distancing due to Chris' impending lynch) and ends up being the 3rd person to vote for Chris. Starts D4 patting himself on the back for calling Chris bad (possibly more distancing), says "If Leslie isn't bad, then Donna is for saying things I don't like." but doesn't elaborate more, in his next post says if the vote was between Jerry & Ben he would vote Ben and ends the day saying Jerry should be more defensive. Comes out D5 talking bout a power vacuum needing filled (???), distrusts Ben, Donna and Andy IN THAT ORDER, claims to be PIVOTAL in lynching Chris (never made a strong argument), says sorry-not sorry about leslie, answers Ben's question saying he trusts Jerry, and ends D5 saying he's gonna vote Jerry cuz everyone else is. Overall, my thoughts on B-Newp is that he never really posted anything of depth or insight and his posts/votes seemed blendier than an ice-cold marg...

Donna- Starts D1 saying she trusts April's miller claim, initial read is April/Ron/Ben are good Leslie/Ann/Andy less so but still ok and nothing on anyone else, ends day voting Bill (last to vote him, 2nd to last overall). Begins D2 responding to April calling her vote lame Ron's concerns about Ann saying she thinks Ann is ok, calling out Tom "A" and addressing Andy's leslie-tunnel-vision as "curious", continues responding to April's suspisions of her, reiterates her D1 read on people, concerned about Tom's one and only post as well as Chris's (supposed to be Andy's) leslie fixation and calls out the no-posters Jamm and Bobby, corrects her Andy/Chris error and goes on to say Chris is "blendy", ends D2 voting for Jamm (1st for Jamm, 5th overall). Resonds to Ann D3 for her breakdown on peeps, explains her Jamm vote, says Leslie looks town, opinion of Chris is looking worse and agrees/suggests he'd be a good lynch, calls out Bobby and Tom "A" again for no/low posting, slams yours truly as immersed in RP and brainless, concerned about Jerry and says either he or Chris will get her vote, ends day voting Chris (5th for him, 7th overall). D4 has her supposrting Leslie's claim that the Jerry and Chris votes could be distancing and engages Andy to explain his chronic Leslie-itis and his switch to Jerry, responds to Bobby's quasi-suspish of her (semi "NoU" defense in return), confronts Andy's obsession w/Leslie and defends Jerry as a patsy with a sudden flip on voting for Leslie (last to vote for her AND overall, tied up vote). Only 2 posts D5, neither very substantive, first explaining her revious vote and 2nd exlaing why she hadn't posted and included a "rush vote" for Jerry. So IMHO the sitch on Meagle is that she's really been ALL OVER THE PLACE! She claims she makes quality posts rather than quantities of them but that can be easily debated. She's flip-flopped on a number of peeps too making her either an incompetent baddie or a confused civ.

There's no doubt this is a key moment in our history...like when Kim Kardashian became a celeb after her sex tape was "leaked"...despite Andy constantly leading us down the wrong roads, I think the stronger case is against Bobby, TBQH....

OMG...that was intense! I'm srsly not used to writing more than 140 characters at a time...so this has been like A BAJILLION tweets! Is that a record?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: he, him

Post by 1337 »

Thank fuck I'm dead and don't have to assess a wall of text from Jo-Poopio.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Towny McTownface »

Ron Swanson wrote:Thank fuck I'm dead and don't have to assess a wall of text from Jo-Poopio.
I just did. I don't recommend it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey deadies, let's keep literally anything that can be construed as on-topic to a minimum please. Thanks folks!
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

OK, so I isoed everyone. I'll do it again and read the thread again before the day is over. But I disagree that the best case is Bobby.

Of all four of you, Bobby is the one who MOST went after Chris.

Here's Bobby on Chris:
Bobby Newport wrote:And when I say the mafia should quit, I mean Leslie and Chris.
Leslie Knope wrote:I think we need to seriously debate the merits of not lynching anyone today. If we kill someone now and they turn out to be good, then those monsters who killed Lil Sebastian will kill again and we'll be down two good guys. Yes, there's a chance we can get one of the people responsible, but it's only a 1/5 possibility.
Chris Traeger wrote:Silly me, I almost forgot about Bill! He seems to be very preoccupied with you. Which could very much be an attempt to avoid discussion that might stray onto himself or a fellow evil teammate, if it is intentional. It would be nice to hear what he thinks of people other than the fresh breath of air that is April Ludgate. Otherwise I am inclined to put him on a list of suspects. Did that answer your question? :biggrin:
These are the two most suspicious things in the world. If I could, I'd make an attack ad saying so. A really good powerful ad that talks about why a Leslie who wants to help the people she loves and the greatest city in the world (whatever that means) would entertain the thought of throwing out the only tool we have to eliminate the competition. I'd make a really awesome ad that talks about how Chris voted for somebody he almost forgot about, somebody he painted with a hollow claim of "could very much be an attempt." Like, what does that even mean? I mean, I could very much be attempting to run for office to get my dad off my back, and you'd be right, but you get my point.
Bobby Newport wrote:
Leslie Knope wrote:RIP Ann, you sweet, beautiful, naive, exotic princess. :(

I still think that Chris was trying to save Jerry and that they were both trying to distance themselves from each other. We got one, so I'm voting for the other this time around. Hopefully we knock out two of these bastards in a row.

I won't have access to a computer for most of tomorrow, but I should be on one all day Friday to keep up on new developments. For now, I'm parking my vote in Jerry's spot.
I like when things are called. I like when elections are called.* I like when I called Chris bad. I like that I called you his partner.

*In my favor of course.
Bobby Newport wrote:
Donna Meagle wrote:Leslie brings up a reasonable point that the Chris and Jerry votes could be seen as distancing. Why do you think that is not the case and that Leslie and Chris are partners?
A reasonable point that...could be seen as distancing. You know, I make reasonable points all the time, and people are always distancing from me, so hello!

Chris got lynched trying to save Leslie. And Leslie voted for self-preservation. Open and shut case. If Leslie isn't bad, then Donna is for saying things I don't like.
Bobby Newport wrote:Like, really? Come on man! I ran a clean campaign and was pivotal in eliminating Chris. I'm really sorry about Leslie, but then again I'm kinda not sorry because she was the only things standing in between me and that one office (can't remember what exactly it's called at the moment). Cut me some slack!
So, Bobby was wrong about Leslie, but pretty adamant about Chris. Looking at the votes on the day Chris was lynched - Bobby was the only one out of all five of us who votes for Chris at an important time.

Chris Traeger
Ron Swanson (4), Leslie Knope (5), Bobby Newport (7), Jerry Gergich (8), Donna Meagle (10), Jean-Ralphio (15)

Jerry Gergich
Ben Wyatt (9), Chris Traeger (14)

Leslie Knope
Andy Dwyer (2)

In addition, Andy and JR both came to the conclusion 'Bobby was bad' very quickly, so I'd say Andy/Bobby and JR/Bobby teams are much more unlikely at this point. That means the only team that would be likely for Bobby is Bobby/Donna.

Compare this to Andy talking about Chris, I think Andy looks worst when talking about Chris (I think this might account for my 'gut feeling yesterday')
This post comes out of the blue - Andy has virtually talked ONLY about Leslie up until this point, but he brings up Chris just to say he has no opinion:
Andy Dwyer wrote:ok
i am scared of that darthart guy watching us. watch out for that
i think leslie might be an imposter
and i'm not sure how i feel about chris yet. Sometimes he talks the coolests sentences though
And then this post, on the day gets Chris lynched, puts Chris on his suspicion list nominally, but says 'he wants to hear more'
Andy Dwyer wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Goodbye, April. You will be avenged. I will personally see to it.

I believe the mafia team in this game is a team doing the right moves. Scanned for the cop and found him, and now removed an all-but-confirmed civilian. This requires at least one functioning brain in the BTSC. If you still want to dispute that the mafia containts performant players, offer an adequate profile and point at someone.

As for me, this brings me to Chris, for instance.

To say that you suspect Jerry, but vote Jamm, while Jerry was a serious contender, is a mighty suspicious move. The only way you could even consider absolving such a move would be if Chris would have had no f***ing clue what the tally situation is.

But Chris did not say that.
Chris Traeger wrote:When last I looked at the votes, Jerry was leading by a decent margin
So either Jerry was still in the lead, by one vote, and Chris, instead of voting Jerry who he still suspected, voted Jamm.
Either Jerry was tied with Leslie and Chris, instead of voting Jerry who he still suspected (over Leslie, for which he had stated nothing relevant whatsoever during the game), voted Jamm.

This either looks like a vote meant not to doom Jerry for good, or to offer Leslie a lifeline, given that she was stuck, while in a tie herself, on Jerry.

Chris is the common denominator in this, anyway.
i agree !
Chris should vote for he suspects most, not who is going to be lymched. unless he was gonna die
btu that wasn't an issue yesterday.

ron you're talking smart. i like it. almost as smart as FBI AGEN T BERT MACKLIN!!!

seriously though
Leslie
chris (but i'd like to hear mor3 from him!)
Gary

ron i talked about gary a little more yesterday
is there somethin gyou'd like to hera about from me in partifuarl?
His vote for Leslie came in before the Chris votes so that might not be so terrible.

Donna and JR's votes for Chris came in too late to matter and their Chris content falls squarely in the middle. Not enough to say they really hunted Chris, but nothing that suggests they were being protective either (to me).
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

I want to hear everyone's views (Bobby and Donna, you better have time to participate!), but at this point I am once again leaning towards Andy as the best bet.

Return to “Previous Heists”