[END] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Which game will be next in my Heist TV Sitcom series? You decide! Pick 1 or 2.

Friends (Sockpuppets)
12%
Friends (Regular Accounts)
12%
Malcolm in the Middle (Sockpuppets)
6%
Malcolm in the Middle (Regular Accounts)
No votes
Scrubs (Sockpuppets)
12%
Scrubs (Regular Accounts)
No votes
Seinfeld (Sockpuppets)
35%
Seinfeld (Regular Accounts)
12%
No preference / Placeholder
12%

Total votes: 17
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: he, him

Re: [DAY 5] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Post by 1337 »

supatown
Maid
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Maid »

Do I smell a power vacuum that needs filling?
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

To begin, I don't trust Ben, Donna, or Andy in that order. At least one of them is bad.

Also sorry Leslie but YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Akemi Homura »

If there's one thing I'm good at, it's winning coin tosses.

Can we please lynch Ben now? He is a baddie.
notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 9

Post by notsawyer540 »

well shit
November
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 103

Post by November »

Bobby Newport wrote:To begin, I don't trust Ben, Donna, or Andy in that order. At least one of them is bad.

Also sorry Leslie but YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
of those three, i think donna is most likely bad

her vote for leslie yesterday makes no sense and she hasn't responded to my point baout it.
Jerry Gergich wrote:If there's one thing I'm good at, it's winning coin tosses.

u first m8
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutellaphant »

Alright, I've loaded up on calzones and coffee from JJ's diner, (The coffee is from JJ's, the low-cal calzones are my own creation.) let's do this thing.

There are seven of us left, and two baddies. Tom is AWOL, and for some reason hasn't been replaced despite not posting since Day 2. I've half a mind to go complain to the big man himself. And by that I mean Perd.

Assuming Tom's too busy ripping off Skymall and posting pictures of his food to social media to show up and play the game, there's gonna be six voters, and also assuming Tom's an absentee civilian, we're gonna need all four active civs left in the game to agree on who they want to lynch, or else we'll be in a sucky dead lock again.

For some reason, I'm taking some heat in this thread. I'd invite anyone who suspects me to ask me actual questions and come up with an actual argument against me instead of just voting out the loudest person. (Which I now am, after all the other very active players were either lynched or nightkilled.)

RAINBOW LIST:

Andy Dwyer - Realized juuust too late what a marvelously misguided idea his Leslie obsession was and tried to stop what he started. I still heavily dislike how he almost single-handedly got Leslie lynched by going after her soooo hard in the thread, but he seems to be the only other player left who's on the same page as me as far as reads go.

Jean-Ralphio - Of all the Day 4 Leslie voters, he looks the best to me. By that I mean his Leslie vote was actually based on logic and was something I could follow. Can't say that about some of the other people on this list.

Tom Haverford - I thought Treat Yo Self was only for a day, not the entirety of a game. But seriously, if Day 6 includes this guy, 2 civs, and 2 scum, I'm gonna be pissed off. I'd like to repeat my request for a late-game replacement, even if this thing'll be over in a few days time.

Bobby Newport - Pointed out stuff against Chris and Jerry, but for some reason has a thing against me. Bobby, I ran your charity for like, a year. What happened to make you so suspicious of me? I know big descriptions and big words are difficult for you, but the game hangs in the balance here. It's time to step up. Also can see his logic behind voting Leslie.

Donna Meagle - Donna's posted and contributed more than some of the people ranked about her, lookin' at you Jean-Ralphio and Bobby, but I see her ridiculously shady Day 4 vote as the reason we're in this situation in the first place. She casts some shade at Jerry earlier in the day, only to do a complete 180 and vote for Leslie at the most critical time in the day. It's especially opportunistic considering how Donna's been more suspicious of Andy for going after Leslie than Leslie herself the entire game. Very similar also to how Jerry almost saved Chris, only more sucessful.

Jerry Gergich - Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, how much do I scumread you? Let me count the ways... No, literally.

IT'S ISO TIME.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

THE TRIAL OF JEROME GERGICH
DAY 1
Jerry Gergich wrote:Gosh, you are all so nice. I don't want to lynch any of you. But Ben and Chris are new around here, and Ben seems to be trying a little too hard, plus he didn't cry at L'il Sebastian's funeral, and he also made me play Cones of Dunshire with him.

Sorry Ben.
Jerry casts a throwaway vote in my direction and doesn't even comment on the April Kerfuffle. It felt like an almost random vote to me, and I didn't take it seriously, like how most of us usually treat Jerry. Little did I know that this would become Jerry's pet case, and one that he'd follow to the ends of the earth, logic and reasoning be damned. You wanna suspect Andy for tunneling? Jerry's been lining me up like a sniper since Day 1.

DAY 2
Jerry Gergich wrote:Oh geez, I can't believe Craig is dead. That's so sad! You know, when I'm feeling a little down, my beautiful wife and daughters always cheer me up. But right now all I really want to do is find the killer. Ben was awful quick to get in here after the kill. I wonder if he was expecting it.
Jerry Gergich wrote:I agree with most of what April has said. She seems like a sweet kid. I will try to do a better job of posting more. I just get so forgetful. Chris would probably be my next suspect after Ben, as he shares the trying too hard vibe and helped kill the cop.
I've already talked about how the first post's criticism of me happening to be online at the beginning of the day is completely and utterly irrelevant, so I'm not gonna go back to that. This is the beginning of Jerry's statements about Chris.
Jerry Gergich wrote:I sure wonder why anyone would want to kill poor Craig. He barely posted, and only said nice things about April. If April was mafia, it could make sense for her to kill a defender, but nothing she has posted makes me think she would be so evil. I like to believe the best in people. Most likely it was a low poster kill designed to leave no clues at all. I guess I'd better step up my own game if I don't want the same thing to happen to me! It would be just my luck.

Maybe I'm just being a goofball, but it seems to me that a more active mafia is more likley to kill low posters than a more passive one, so I would want to look at higher posters. The highest posters so far are Ron, Andy, Ben, Ann, and April. I already know I trust April and already know I don't trust Ben, so that leaves me three more people to look at carefully before I vote. Just as soon as I finish this filing.
Out of the five names he mentioned, three of them were subsequently night killed. I'd argue that the mafia is definitely targeting high posters instead of low ones, and that points me to players who are maybe not as active and are taking heat from active players. Ron and April both went after Jerry pretty hardcore, and both turned up mysteriously dead. That's why I'm posting so much and doing so much analysis.

The mafia wants this to be a dead thread. They want as little discussion as possible.

This also fits Jerry's MO to a tee.

Also note how Jerry doesn't include Chris on his high poster shitlist.
Jerry Gergich wrote:
Chris Traeger wrote: The second one concerns me because it could dissuade people from trying to look for a connection or reason to look at who might kill Craig and why. Looking for answer can only be a good thing, at least that’s what my therapist, Dr. Richard Nygard tells me all the time.
I'm sorry if my work is not up to your standards lately, Chris. I ripped my pants somehow and had to spend most of the day sitting down to keep anyone from noticing. It was only a theory, and if you can see a connection between Craig and the killer, I would love to hear it! I just didn't see much in his posting to make me think of other people.
This is Jerry and Chris' only interaction. It feels like a post that could easily be used to either further, or end Jerry's in-thread suspicion of Chris, depending on which way the wind blows.
Jerry Gergich wrote:Looking at these files all day, I have to say that I think the killer is someone who posts a lot, and that it's very likely that at least one voter for Bill was bad. Cross referencing the two leads me to Ben, Ann, Chris, or Ron. Ron is just such a great guy, and after reading some more of his posts, I think I have to trust him for now.

That means I think we should lynch Ben, Ann, or Chris. Ann used the word "interesting" in her second post of the game, which to me always seems like a fluff word that doesn't say anything but appears to say something, so she is definitely on my radar.
Ann Perkins wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Ann Perkins wrote:Hullo how's it going friends
Aren't you paying attention, woman? This is the worst day since Charles Mulligan's Steakhouse was shut down. Show some damn respect!
I can't ask how my friends are doing during this tragedy? Interesting...
Anyone else have thoughts on these three? I'm so lucky to work with such smart people.
Not sure why he felt the need to quote that last bit, but okay. His reason for suspecting Ann is nonsense, much like his in-thread reason for suspecting me and other high voters.

After all of this hullaballoo, he didn't even vote in the Day 2 poll, so much of this is irrelevant.

DAY 3

This is after Jerry began taking some in-thread heat, and was very nearly lynched. If only Chris didn't decide to vote for Jamm out of the blue. Chris' Day 2 vote just gets worse once you realize he was casting some shade at Jerry earlier in the day. All of that was ignored, and Jerry had his noose cut open at the last second due to Chris' gracious vote.

This has to be the biggest point against him.

Here's Jerry's sole post for this day:
Jerry Gergich wrote:Hey gang! Sorry I've been away, but I accidentally ran over myself with my car. I'm okay though, just bruises mostly. I have always though Chris' enthusiasm seemed phony, and I am happy to vote for him today.
Ha.

This is hollow, desperate distancing that stinks harder than one of Jerry's flatulence attacks.

DAY 4
Jerry Gergich wrote:It's awfully sad to see Ann go, but I don't feel too bad about Chris. He wasn't from Pawnee anyway. I think we should help his partner Ben follow in his footsteps.
Aaaand he's back on the "BEN = HUMAN DISASTER TRAIN." Good stuff. Still not an actual case, more like a witch hunt.

After being nearly lynched on DAY 2, it takes Jerry Gergich until DAY 4 to actually respond to a single point against him. Here's his impassioned plea:
Jerry Gergich wrote:Aw c'mon guys. I know you like to tease me around the office, but lynching me is taking it too far.

At this point people, me included, are desperately trying to get Jerry to give us literally anything.

Now the real Jerry Gergich decides to stand up:
Jerry Gergich wrote:I distrust Ben because he's from out of town, his ways are different from ours, and he comes across as fake and trying too hard (not something I'm likely to be accused of!) He is also freinds with Chris, who was bad.

Lynching me is the lazy option. It's what the mafia would want you to do, and it will give you nothing but a Vanilla Civilian.
The reason Jerry Gergich thinks I'm trying too hard is because I am. I'm trying really fucking hard to keep this game from going directly into the hands of the mafia. All of the other really active players, give or take an Andy, are dead. I feel like I'm the only one who really wants to make this game a civilian win. And I'm gonna keep trying really really hard until we either win, or die trying.

Considering Jerry's been almost lynched on two separate occasions, only to be saved by a single flipping voter BOTH TIMES, I'd say wanting to lynch Jerry isn't the lazy option.

Wanting to lynch me is, however. Jerry's been pushing this bizarre vendetta that seems to be entirely based on me being "fake" and "trying too hard," without bothering to provide any actual explanation. It's the laziest thing I've seen since the time I told Ron to fill out some paperwork about how the Parks department spends its money, and he just sent back a type-written note saying "We spend too much of it."
Jerry Gergich wrote:The accusation that I was distancing from Chris is absurd. I was one of the first to call out Chris for his phoneyness. Phoneyness I see echoed in Ben.
You cast some light shade in his direction, but you didn't say or do squat when he saved your ass on Day 2. You only cast a vote for him once "Jerry + Chris = Scumteam" was the popular in-thread narrative. You were happy to continue going after other high posters like Ann and Ron if it wasn't.
Jerry Gergich wrote:
Ben Wyatt wrote:If Jerry doesn't actually address his accusers or actually describe his case against me, I'm just going to assume he's a baddie who has given up.

Until he decides to give playing the game a shot, he's where my vote's going to be.
I always distrust posts like this. "If you don't do X, I'll have no choice but to vote you. Then if I don't satisfy him and you guys lynch a civvie, he can say "well, it was his fault, not mine. He should have done what I said." It's a trap designed to duck accountability.
This is the only actual specific criticism he's made of me, if you ignore me being online when MP posted that one time. Every single thing Jerry has done in this entire game, and very likely his entire life, has been to duck accountability. Jerry just threw a big boulder from directly inside his own little glass hovel.

Literally (and I hate to borrow a phrase from Chris) the next four of his posts are attempts to duck accountability.
Jerry Gergich wrote:I think Ben is the killer, but I'll move my vote to Leslie for now in case I am not around for the lynch and need to save myself.
Jerry Gergich wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Jerry Gergich wrote:I distrust Ben because he's from out of town, his ways are different from ours, and he comes across as fake and trying too hard (not something I'm likely to be accused of!) He is also freinds with Chris, who was bad.

Lynching me is the lazy option. It's what the mafia would want you to do, and it will give you nothing but a Vanilla Civilian.
Why is this argument of yours 80% lore garbage, and yet you speak of us being lazy in our suspicions and votes? The only bit that has anything to do with mafia content(that Ben is faking it or "trying to hard") is the stuff I don't recall you having elaborated in any significant way.
I don't elaborate. I'm just in charge of the filing. Mafia elaborate. Because their schemes are elaborate.
Jerry Gergich wrote:
Leslie Knope wrote:
Jerry Gergich wrote:I don't elaborate. I'm just in charge of the filing. Mafia elaborate. Because their schemes are elaborate.
Still no argument or case for your innocence then? Mafia scheme, evade, and murder. Civilians reason and debate. Right now you're doing one of the bad ones with your evasiveness.
Mafia always evade and Civilians always reason? I guess you know best, Leslie.
(she actually did tho. sorry I ever doubted you bae)
Jerry Gergich wrote:It just seems so rude to argue with you fine people.
After I basically scream in his face to act like a normal non-condescending human being, Jerry takes off the mask, and delivers the only somewhat sincere post he's made this entire game.
Jerry Gergich wrote:I am trying to stay relatively in character, yes. I haven't given up, but I feel like there is very little I can say in defense that will convince anyone. I was distancing from Chris? How do I disprove that? To me it seems clear that my suspicion was sincere, since I was advocating to lynch him and voted for him. Others don;t see it that way.

My case against you is flimsy? Of course it is. It's based on my gut read of your tone, plus you vote on Day One. Actually, your sincerity and honesty in these questions is making me rethink my read of you a bit.

I would say one final thing in my defense. You must see that I would be a very easy lynch at this point, and what would mafia like more than an easy lynch of a civilian who has been largely too busy to develop substantive cases or elaborate defenses? I'll admit that I haven't been the greatest asset for the civilians this game, but I fear that another mislynch will cinch it for the Mafia
Let's take this paragraph by paragraph.

1) Don't wait until a week after people start suspecting you to respond to their suspicions. If you would have bothered to explain your actions earlier in the game, you wouldn't be in this situation. Just because you listed him as one of 3 people you suspected on Day 2, and only voted for him on Day 3, after everyone already suspected you and him were linked, it doesn't mean you were obviously against him the whole time.

2) I'm sorry that your read of my tone is negative. Ironically, the feeling is mutual.

3) You were saved from the brink of being lynched twice. You aren't an easy lynch. An easy lynch is one where the reasoning is some half-hearted anti-intellectual nonsense about how someone is trying too hard and needs to go.

After this, he makes a few posts where he goes after Leslie, who was an easy target for the entirety of her time alive. (RIP :hugs: )

There's this dynamic exchange:
Leslie Knope wrote:I'm trying to help out as much as I can before I'm killed. My death has been inevitable for a while now. When I come up Vanilla Townie, I hope my "overanalysis" as you put it helps my fellow civs to become victorious and save Pawnee.
Jerry Gergich wrote:I don't believe you, though.
How sincere.

And finally, this plea from Jerry right before the EOD.
Jerry Gergich wrote:Please don't lynch me. I have a wife and kids.
Pardon me while I dry my eyes. I think I can hear the world's tiniest vuvuzela, honking out a sorry tune for Jerry Gergich.

DAY 5
Jerry Gergich wrote:If there's one thing I'm good at, it's winning coin tosses.

Also, whatever happened to you rethinking your read of me due to my sincerity and honesty? Guess that's out the window.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

TL;DR VERSION:

Chris, the only confirmed mafia saved Jerry's ass Day 2. Donna saved Jerry's ass Day 4.

Jerry very rarely actually discusses any of his suspicions in actual detail. Or really anything at all.

He's been tunneling me since Day 1, and none of his arguments hold any water.

Jerry is not an easy lynch. The fact that he's narrowly managed to avoid death twice now proves it.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

I just found this, and it needs to be shared.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

Ben Wyatt wrote:I just found this, and it needs to be shared.
Awesome.
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

QUESTION TIME!

Andy, who do you believe to be Jerry's teammate, and what's your impression of Jean-Ralphio and Bobby?

Bobby, why do you suspect me? Is there anything I can respond to? What's your impression of one mister Jerry Gergich?

Donna, do you care to explain your Day 4 vote any further? You said that Jerry and Leslie are on opposite teams, and you think one of them has to be a baddie. Does this mean you'll be voting for Jerry today?

Jean-Ralphio, what's your read on Jerry? You've been silent on him for most of the game. You were wrong about Leslie, where do you propose we go next?

Jerry, what is your response to my ISO on you? Do you agree with your feline depiction?
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

I'm an auditor- or at least, I used to be one. I come into failing towns, and I fix them.

Right now, we're failing this game.

I know I may not be as inspiring as Leslie or Ron, but I must implore all of you to start talking and help to solve this game instead of lapsing into complacency or wacky RP.

Don't get me wrong, I love RP too. But RP isn't a replacement for playing the game.

If Tom remains inactive, and we lynch a civilian today, Day 6 will have an even number of active civilians and mafia members.

This is pretty much LyLo, so let's all try a little harder, why don't we?
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

notsawyer540 wrote:
Awesome.
by the way, you did a fantastic job in this game, and I can't wait to play with you again in the future.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

Ben Wyatt wrote:
notsawyer540 wrote:
Awesome.
by the way, you did a fantastic job in this game, and I can't wait to play with you again in the future.
Thanks. It was my first game in 6 years or so, so it took a while to find my footing. Can't wait to play some more.
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

I refuse to be associated with a cat.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 8
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

ron you make a really cute cat
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Thundercat
Determination
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Thundercat »

I am here. Not avoiding answering Ben or Andy's questions, I just haven't been able to get here to speak. Joe's charity work as well as my real estate business has kept me quite busy the past two weeks.

I did then, and do now believe that one of the two of Leslie and Jerry were bad. At the time I voted, Jerry felt the most sincere to me. I was gravely incorrect in that read. I wish I had been able to come back at the end of the last lynch to read how Leslie was posting as opposed to how Jerry was posting, that was not in the cards for me that day. The lynches end at the absolute worst time of day for me.

I was wrong about Leslie. I'm having a very difficult time seeing anyone who would get my vote more than Jerry. I feel into the easy thinking that sweet, goofy Jerry couldn't possibly be anything more than how he appears on the surface. That is a mistake I don't plan to make a second time.
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Donna Meagle wrote:I am here. Not avoiding answering Ben or Andy's questions, I just haven't been able to get here to speak. Joe's charity work as well as my real estate business has kept me quite busy the past two weeks.

I did then, and do now believe that one of the two of Leslie and Jerry were bad. At the time I voted, Jerry felt the most sincere to me. I was gravely incorrect in that read. I wish I had been able to come back at the end of the last lynch to read how Leslie was posting as opposed to how Jerry was posting, that was not in the cards for me that day. The lynches end at the absolute worst time of day for me.

I was wrong about Leslie. I'm having a very difficult time seeing anyone who would get my vote more than Jerry. I feel into the easy thinking that sweet, goofy Jerry couldn't possibly be anything more than how he appears on the surface. That is a mistake I don't plan to make a second time.
Assuming Jerry is mafia, who is his teammate?
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Ben Wyatt wrote:QUESTION TIME!

Andy, who do you believe to be Jerry's teammate, and what's your impression of Jean-Ralphio and Bobby?
/quote]
Donna.

Bobby-- goofy, maybe bad, but only if donna isn't.
Jean Ralphio-- same.
Donna Meagle wrote:I am here. Not avoiding answering Ben or Andy's questions, I just haven't been able to get here to speak. Joe's charity work as well as my real estate business has kept me quite busy the past two weeks.

But you read Leslie as civ until yesterday. What chagned?

Jerry felt sincere? Cite posts.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

put your money where your mouth is meagle and vote for jerry.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

F U C KKKKK
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

1) Ron Swanson 84
2) Andy Dwyer 79
3) April Ludgate 64
4) Leslie Knope 63
5) Ben Wyatt 53
6) Ann Perkins 43
7) Chris Traeger 26
8) Jerry Gergich 24

Of the top 8 posters, 5 are dead.
Night killed
Lynched civ
Lynched bad

Ben your analysis rings true to me.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

I'd also hardly qualify anyone below Ann a high posters.

Lynch Jerry
Then Donna
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Andy Dwyer wrote:1) Ron Swanson 84
2) Andy Dwyer 79
3) April Ludgate 64
4) Leslie Knope 63
5) Ben Wyatt 53
6) Ann Perkins 43
7) Chris Traeger 26
8) Jerry Gergich 24

Of the top 8 posters, 5 are dead.
Night killed
Lynched civ
Lynched bad

Ben your analysis rings true to me.
This also means I'll probably die next. :pout:
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

IS ANYONE BUT ME AND BEN PLAYIGN THIS GAME

donna-- i challenge you to vote for jerry. you won't because he's your teammate. you want to see if you can wiggle your way out of it and vote for ben and push him over the top.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Donna's trapped.

Yesterday she told me that she reads Ben as civ.
However, Ben is the viable alternative to Jerry here. Does she flip flop again? Does she really do another 180º on a player to save Jerry? If she does, it's abundantly clear what is happening. If she doesn't, she's alone and will likely lose.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

THAT'S why she didn't already vote for Jerry.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

Ron Swanson is really Duke Silver!
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Akemi Homura »

If you guys would trust me just this one time, you would see that I am not mafia and Ben is. When I flip civ, go after Ben next. Don't let him weasel his way out of it.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Marge Simpson »

Hey peeps.

I'm subbing in. No chance I'll read the game, so who wants to make the most convincing case for who I should vote for? I want the town to win, so I'm relying on you guys to link me to some good cases!

I can't believe anyone lynched Leslie Knope. LESLIE KNOPE! That right there is where you will find baddies, I bet. Who would lynch her.

Everyone I know from P&R is dead.
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

notsawyer540 wrote:Ron Swanson is really Duke Silver!
Set aside your worries, ladies, and come bathe with me in the dead red of the Santa sled.
:sax:
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 17
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Paprika »

In the words of FLO RIDA: this game "spins my head right round, RIGHT ROUND!"

I'm not sure WHO to trust at this point...so lets do a li'l brickety-brackety-bippity-boppity-BREAKDOWN!!!

Day 4 started out with a Leslie post saying Chris and Jerry were trying to distance themselves and she was the lead-off voter against Jer-bear...Bobby followed it up saying he called chris bad and that leslie was his partner...andy then said to lynch jerry first, then leslie...jerry made 2 single-line statements: ben bad, don't lynch me...ben parks a vote for jerry...Donna questions Bobby's and andy's suspicions of leslie...they both respond...I provide an amuse-bouche of Leslie's previous posts...ron agrees with my conclusion...jerry attacks ben more but vote leslie for self-preservation...

That's basically how day 4 started...when it got closer to the end, bobby says he thinks between ben and Jerry (OMG...LIKE THE ICE CREAM DUDES!!!), ben is bad, but later doesn't like a comment Jerry makes ...

in her dying words leslies make sthe following statements:
there's a Chris, Jerry Donna connnection.
If she's wrong about donna, then look to ben...and also ben has been cheating on her???...

Here's what concerns me...Andy was against leslie from the beginning and when we find out she's civ, he locks down just as hard on Jerry, whom he has also said is bad for almost as long. If he was wrong about Leslie, couldn't he be wrong about Jerry too?

Ben is in favor of lynching jerry, but apparently Leslie had some mild suspicions of Ben...so is it possible that Ben and Andy are the two mafia we are looking for and Jerry is their easy target?...But Leslie also thought Jerry and Donna are the last 2 baddies...

Bobby and Jerry seem to be both distancing themsleves while supporting each other...could this be the bad team-up?

and just to make sure no stone is left unturned, the former-bff-formerly-known-as-TomHaverford is basically a non-participant who could possibly be in cahoots with a talkative participant as the baddie team....

Looking through all, the scenarios, the name I see grabbing the most headlines here is Jerry...so I think that's where my votes gonna go...

linki: speak of the Devil WEaring Prada...!
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Tom Haverford wrote:Hey peeps.

I'm subbing in. No chance I'll read the game, so who wants to make the most convincing case for who I should vote for? I want the town to win, so I'm relying on you guys to link me to some good cases!

I can't believe anyone lynched Leslie Knope. LESLIE KNOPE! That right there is where you will find baddies, I bet. Who would lynch her.

Everyone I know from P&R is dead.
If you scroll up, you'll see my case against Jerry. It's quite long, so there's a handy TL;DR version available.

Here's Jerry's case against me:
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Jerry Gergich wrote:If you guys would trust me just this one time, you would see that I am not mafia and Ben is. When I flip civ, go after Ben next. Don't let him weasel his way out of it.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Tom and JR-- both Ben and I have posted extensively on the past page or two about why Jerry/Donna are bad.
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

(Please delete the above post. I knew I'd screw up at some point.)

Andy, GTH, if Donna is civ, who is the baddie out of Tom, Bobby, and Jean-Ralphio?

I myself would have to say Bobby.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Bobby.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Didn't even see your screw up, dude!
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

Like, really? Come on man! I ran a clean campaign and was pivotal in eliminating Chris. I'm really sorry about Leslie, but then again I'm kinda not sorry because she was the only things standing in between me and that one office (can't remember what exactly it's called at the moment). Cut me some slack!
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Reposting for Bobby to see.

Bobby, why do you suspect me? Is there anything I can respond to? What's your impression of one mister Jerry Gergich?
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

Ben Wyatt wrote:
Spoiler: show
I just found this, and it needs to be shared.
I don't even get a cat. :sigh:
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Andy Dwyer wrote:Didn't even see your screw up, dude!

My secret identity remains a mystery...
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

Ben Wyatt wrote:Reposting for Bobby to see.

It was something you said on the first day. My top suspects were Chris and Leslie, and I remember you being third. I have to go back and look to find it.

My trust of Jerry stems from something April said about him.
April Ludgate wrote:
Jerry Gergich wrote:I agree with most of what April has said. She seems like a sweet kid. I will try to do a better job of posting more. I just get so forgetful. Chris would probably be my next suspect after Ben, as he shares the trying too hard vibe and helped kill the cop.
This also looks kind of like a civ slip, when he said Ben helped kill the cop (implying Ben's lynch vote was in part the cause of Craig dying, meaning Jerry forgot who the cop was).

Of course this kind of derp can be faked, but that's not the vibe I get here.
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

Ah ha, now I see what it was. It was the way you were quick to smear April for that time she said she was a Miller (like, what even is that? Is it like a Mason?), and I didn't like the way you treated Bill for taking the same stance you took regarding April's claim.
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Bobby Newport wrote:Ah ha, now I see what it was. It was the way you were quick to smear April for that time she said she was a Miller (like, what even is that? Is it like a Mason?), and I didn't like the way you treated Bill for taking the same stance you took regarding April's claim.
Whenever anyone makes a bold claim like that on Day 1, I'm initially dubious. I admit, it took me a while to fully trust April. I was waiting to see if any other players came out strongly against her claim, because they may have a role which originates from a completely different setup than the Miller's. I explained this to Ron during D4.
Ben Wyatt wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Now tell me why your Day 1 casemaking appears so much of a stinker.
I assumed that if April was lying about her Miller claim, either a fellow civ would know so and attempt to fight it, or the mafia would try and cast doubt on it. I looked for the person with the biggest negative knee-jerk reaction, and found it in Bill.

I thought that his hostility about April's claim came from more than healthy skepticism. I was wrong. I made connections in my head that were a result of me overthinking the game, not the actual game itself. And I made a wrong call.

Not sure what else I can say about it other than explaining my mistake and admitting fault.
All in all, I'd say it's about as bad as you joining the case against Leslie during D4.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Bobby Newport wrote:My trust of Jerry stems from something April said about him.
April Ludgate wrote:
This also looks kind of like a civ slip, when he said Ben helped kill the cop (implying Ben's lynch vote was in part the cause of Craig dying, meaning Jerry forgot who the cop was).

I'd ask you to read my case against him and weigh it against one moment of botched semantics.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

Ben Wyatt wrote:
Bobby Newport wrote:Ah ha, now I see what it was. It was the way you were quick to smear April for that time she said she was a Miller (like, what even is that? Is it like a Mason?), and I didn't like the way you treated Bill for taking the same stance you took regarding April's claim.
Whenever anyone makes a bold claim like that on Day 1, I'm initially dubious. I admit, it took me a while to fully trust April. I was waiting to see if any other players came out strongly against her claim, because they may have a role which originates from a completely different setup than the Miller's. I explained this to Ron during D4.
Ben Wyatt wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Now tell me why your Day 1 casemaking appears so much of a stinker.
I assumed that if April was lying about her Miller claim, either a fellow civ would know so and attempt to fight it, or the mafia would try and cast doubt on it. I looked for the person with the biggest negative knee-jerk reaction, and found it in Bill.

I thought that his hostility about April's claim came from more than healthy skepticism. I was wrong. I made connections in my head that were a result of me overthinking the game, not the actual game itself. And I made a wrong call.

Not sure what else I can say about it other than explaining my mistake and admitting fault.
All in all, I'd say it's about as bad as you joining the case against Leslie during D4.
I didn't join anything (certainly not any organizations with racist ties- that was absolutely a misunderstanding and only happened once).
Bobby Newport wrote:And when I say the mafia should quit, I mean Leslie and Chris.
Leslie Knope wrote:I think we need to seriously debate the merits of not lynching anyone today. If we kill someone now and they turn out to be good, then those monsters who killed Lil Sebastian will kill again and we'll be down two good guys. Yes, there's a chance we can get one of the people responsible, but it's only a 1/5 possibility.
Chris Traeger wrote:Silly me, I almost forgot about Bill! He seems to be very preoccupied with you. Which could very much be an attempt to avoid discussion that might stray onto himself or a fellow evil teammate, if it is intentional. It would be nice to hear what he thinks of people other than the fresh breath of air that is April Ludgate. Otherwise I am inclined to put him on a list of suspects. Did that answer your question? :biggrin:
These are the two most suspicious things in the world. If I could, I'd make an attack ad saying so. A really good powerful ad that talks about why a Leslie who wants to help the people she loves and the greatest city in the world (whatever that means) would entertain the thought of throwing out the only tool we have to eliminate the competition. I'd make a really awesome ad that talks about how Chris voted for somebody he almost forgot about, somebody he painted with a hollow claim of "could very much be an attempt." Like, what does that even mean? I mean, I could very much be attempting to run for office to get my dad off my back, and you'd be right, but you get my point.
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

Ben Wyatt wrote:
Bobby Newport wrote:My trust of Jerry stems from something April said about him.
April Ludgate wrote:

I'd ask you to read my case against him and weigh it against one moment of botched semantics.
Along with hiring the right DJ for the election party and getting my campaign advisor to reconsider finding a different job, it's on my list.

Return to “Previous Heists”