Quin
13%
Scotty
No votes
Sorsha
No votes
Spacedaisy
No votes
Take me to the question mark (nons/deads)
25%

Total votes: 8
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 36

Re: Hatch thread

Post by Quin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Quin, will you lynch Elohcin with me?
Ask me again in an hour. I want to see how the rest of the conversation plays out.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Quin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
G-Man wrote:Could you all humor me for a minute? I'm pretty convinced that one of us is going to die since there are more denizens of the Hatch tonight. Of the seven of us, who do you think is most likely to be killed?

In the off chance I am wrong, who do you think will be killed at the beach?
G-Man, what's the point of this question? How does it assist in your determination of others' alignments?
I had the same thought, but I didn't make anything of it. As for his response, it just sounds like he's trying to pass it off as nothing. I feel neutral about it, leaning bad.
That's roughly how I'm feeling about it.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Quin wrote:G-Man

Eloh
DFaraday

MovingPictures07

insertnamehere

I'll find time today to elaborate on these individually.
That's about what I've earned with my play so far, so I can understand that placement.
I don't think I ever did this. I rarely ever keep my promises, but I actually intended to this time :sigh:

I blame the internet.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Quin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Quin, will you lynch Elohcin with me?
Ask me again in an hour. I want to see how the rest of the conversation plays out.
Fair enough.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Quin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Eloh
DFaraday

MovingPictures07

insertnamehere

That's about what I've earned with my play so far, so I can understand that placement.
I don't think I ever did this. I rarely ever keep my promises, but I actually intended to this time :sigh:

I blame the internet.
Could you summarize them in quick little blurbs?
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 48

Post by G-Man »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
G-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Spoiler: show
G-Man wrote:Come back when you can, MP. I'll leave you this commentary on yourself to look over:

Day 1:
-His first game-relevant post (a town read on Daisy) comes over halfway through the Day phase
-Apology for focusing too much on another game
-Comes back to the game with two hours left on the clock
-Lots of little catch-up comments, mostly agreeing with people, then he starts asking questions
-Prods Soneji's assertion that G-Man's later posts reek of scum
-Finds fault in Quin's suspicions of him for being a late claimer
-POE's three current Hatchlings off his D1 suspect list
-Asks Dom to add depth to his bad vibes for G-Man
-After snark from Soneji, he starts to poke holes in Soneji's suspicions of G-Man
-Shade on Sorsha. He votes for her for a moment but backs off when she says she's in a car but doesn't actually answer his question.
-Makes the first mention of a CFD after easing off of Sorsha and feling meh about Eloh
-Says he's contemplating Rico and Soneji
-Votes Soneji

Night 1:
-Promises to be involved in this game more
-Short back and forth with INH about scrutinizing Soneji voters
-Finds fault with DF's thought process on the possibility of a save
-Mentions Eloh focused on Soneji votes

Day 2 (in the Hatch):
-Shoot, sorry guys. I'll try to catch up.

---------------------------

A lot of my suspicion for MP stems from the cycle of his activity. There's all but nothing all day phase and then he comes in, asks a couple of questions, plants a few seeds of doubt, and is (dare I say) the originator, though not first voter, of the Soneji CFD. We haven't played together often enough, so I'll ask the rest of you- is that normal MP behavior? Is that distracted MP behavior? I get that he is focused on another game and hasn't taken in all the little details but he sure commented on a number of them. Then he disappears again when relatively little discussion has focused on him.

I get being busy in real life and with another game (though one could argue that's why you shouldn't play more than one game at a time), but to open the floodgates in the last two hours only to slam those gates shut again stands out to me. Unfortunately for MP, I won't be able to look past that until he's here on a consistent basis. I feel like MP wouldn't stand for a player being non-participatory for most of a phase; coming in late with pokes, prods, and shade; and all but leading a random vote switch over a more careful and focused approach. For that reason, I cannot let him "get away with it" here.
So you think the timing of my activity is inherently suspicious?
Can't say it's inherently suspicious because, as I said, I understand real life and losing focus due to other games (I mean, that was the whole reason I started posting in pictures in Economics) but when that's one of the few things to analyze you over, it weighs on my mind more. Are you suggesting that if the tables were reversed, and I had been all but a non-participant, only to blast in before the deadline and cause a CFD and then duck out until a few hours before the next deadline that you wouldn't analyze the hell out of it?

The problem I have with it is that it's crazy bold for a baddie to do that. But then I keep telling myself that small games like these are prime opportunities for baddies to something crazy bold. It's got me going in circles, really. I don't like it but it doesn't seem like rationale baddie behavior but it's a short game.... See?
I wouldn't say I'm a non-participant though; I've had content to analyze, don't you think?

Furthermore, what's the mafia motivation for me to specifically time my entrances to be near EoD? What's the benefit? Wouldn't it be better for me to exert more influence over the thread?

I think townies are generally more involved with CFDs than mafia members (generalizing of course) because mafia members don't know how to handle CFDs and don't want to bring unwanted attention to themselves. In Turf Wars, the townies successfully caught a mafia member with a CFD on Day 2, but proceeded to lose the game after spending lynch after lynch analyzing everyone's behavior surrounding the CFD and incorrectly making assumptions that didn't exist. All of the mafia team avoided talking about the CFD as much as possible and stayed in the background as town picked itself apart. I find that more common than mafia members actively taking risks to start CFDs.
Come on, now. You had five posts in the first 46 hours of Day 1 and only one of them was game-relevant. You generated lots of content in the lead-up to the deadline and afterward, but by my definition, you were AWOL for most of Day 1. I have to factor that into how I read the content you did provide after you got involved. That's the context of your participation. Doesn't mean it's leading me in the right direction but I have to analyze what you post and when you post it.

I'm not saying you're timing your entrances. I always find it odd when people suddenly get really active as the deadline approached. Granted, I'm weird in that I can read along and post a little at a time throughout the work day, but it bugs me when it's like a ghost town and then a flurry of activity at the most crucial time. The benefit to coming in and poking holes in some theories, prodding others, and casting shade in new directions (or reinforcing shade in existing directions) is that you subtly help teammates evade suspicion or the lynch. Especially if one of your teammates is getting a share of the spotlight.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Quin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Eloh
DFaraday

MovingPictures07

insertnamehere

I blame the internet.
Could you summarize them in quick little blurbs?
I can. Give me 5.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

(It'll be more like 20 because I'll have to revisit the main thread)
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

G-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
G-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
G-Man wrote:Come back when you can, MP. I'll leave you this commentary on yourself to look over:

Day 1:
-His first game-relevant post (a town read on Daisy) comes over halfway through the Day phase
-Lots of little catch-up comments, mostly agreeing with people, then he starts asking questions
-After snark from Soneji, he starts to poke holes in Soneji's suspicions of G-Man
-Shade on Sorsha. He votes for her for a moment but backs off when she says she's in a car but doesn't actually answer his question.
-Makes the first mention of a CFD after easing off of Sorsha and feling meh about Eloh
-Votes Soneji

Night 1:

Day 2 (in the Hatch):

A lot of my suspicion for MP stems from the cycle of his activity. There's all but nothing all day phase and then he comes in, asks a couple of questions, plants a few seeds of doubt, and is (dare I say) the originator, though not first voter, of the Soneji CFD. We haven't played together often enough, so I'll ask the rest of you- is that normal MP behavior? Is that distracted MP behavior? I get that he is focused on another game and hasn't taken in all the little details but he sure commented on a number of them. Then he disappears again when relatively little discussion has focused on him.

I get being busy in real life and with another game (though one could argue that's why you shouldn't play more than one game at a time), but to open the floodgates in the last two hours only to slam those gates shut again stands out to me. Unfortunately for MP, I won't be able to look past that until he's here on a consistent basis. I feel like MP wouldn't stand for a player being non-participatory for most of a phase; coming in late with pokes, prods, and shade; and all but leading a random vote switch over a more careful and focused approach. For that reason, I cannot let him "get away with it" here.
Can't say it's inherently suspicious because, as I said, I understand real life and losing focus due to other games (I mean, that was the whole reason I started posting in pictures in Economics) but when that's one of the few things to analyze you over, it weighs on my mind more. Are you suggesting that if the tables were reversed, and I had been all but a non-participant, only to blast in before the deadline and cause a CFD and then duck out until a few hours before the next deadline that you wouldn't analyze the hell out of it?

The problem I have with it is that it's crazy bold for a baddie to do that. But then I keep telling myself that small games like these are prime opportunities for baddies to something crazy bold. It's got me going in circles, really. I don't like it but it doesn't seem like rationale baddie behavior but it's a short game.... See?
I wouldn't say I'm a non-participant though; I've had content to analyze, don't you think?

Furthermore, what's the mafia motivation for me to specifically time my entrances to be near EoD? What's the benefit? Wouldn't it be better for me to exert more influence over the thread?

I think townies are generally more involved with CFDs than mafia members (generalizing of course) because mafia members don't know how to handle CFDs and don't want to bring unwanted attention to themselves. In Turf Wars, the townies successfully caught a mafia member with a CFD on Day 2, but proceeded to lose the game after spending lynch after lynch analyzing everyone's behavior surrounding the CFD and incorrectly making assumptions that didn't exist. All of the mafia team avoided talking about the CFD as much as possible and stayed in the background as town picked itself apart. I find that more common than mafia members actively taking risks to start CFDs.
Come on, now. You had five posts in the first 46 hours of Day 1 and only one of them was game-relevant. You generated lots of content in the lead-up to the deadline and afterward, but by my definition, you were AWOL for most of Day 1. I have to factor that into how I read the content you did provide after you got involved. That's the context of your participation. Doesn't mean it's leading me in the right direction but I have to analyze what you post and when you post it.

I'm not saying you're timing your entrances. I always find it odd when people suddenly get really active as the deadline approached. Granted, I'm weird in that I can read along and post a little at a time throughout the work day, but it bugs me when it's like a ghost town and then a flurry of activity at the most crucial time. The benefit to coming in and poking holes in some theories, prodding others, and casting shade in new directions (or reinforcing shade in existing directions) is that you subtly help teammates evade suspicion or the lynch. Especially if one of your teammates is getting a share of the spotlight.
I'm not going to sit here and say I've been anything remotely helpful this game, don't get me wrong. I just find it notable that your assessment of me appears to be largely or almost entirely based on my lack of activity rather than the content that I have been able to generate.

I disagree with your interpretation of opportunistic mafia-aligned behavior. Like you, I find it frustrating and inexplicable when players don't participate for the majority of a Day phase, so I realize my behavior is a bit hypocritical and completely less than ideal. However, to throw shade at me for it because you see it as some sort of strategy is where you lose me.

If I wanted to best help my teammates, if I were bad, I would prefer to be here constantly directing the thread, not playing the way I am right now. I am playing suboptimally regardless of my alignment. So that's where your argument falls apart for me.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'll do these one by one just to get content out there as it comes.

G-Man: He's asked a number of questions that I can't see the relevance to in terms of applying them to this game. He didn't like Eloh's answer to the 'are you bad' question, but later civ reads her for reasons I can just barely tolerate. Some of the strategies he proposed didn't make a lot of sense to me, but I stand by my opinion that they're more than likely developed from the perspective of a civ. The question he asked early on in this thread does give me a minor ping, given his answer. With my tin foiling hat on, I worry that I'm being buddied. I don't think he's extended the same level of scrutiny to me (or Eloh, his other civ read) as he has everybody else in order to keep me complacent.

I'd still GTH him as civ, but it's not as strong a read as it was Day 1.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, I have to go again now. We're having company tonight (DFaraday!) and I have things to do to prepare for that and more PhD stuff.

I'll vote Elo now, but I'll check on my phone to see if I should move it closer to the deadline, so I might pull a quick phone-post ninja vote to save myself or someone I think is town if I need to.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Elohcin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I hit play and danced a jig, G. Thanks for the music.
Quin wrote:Me, because I have a power role.
Why would you say this. Do you WANT to be killed? Or are you mafia? :shrug:

I was thinking MP as well. I think he is civ and I can imagine the baddies picking to off him early.

------------------------------
woah woah woah.....this is nuts. So we are stuck in the hatch for day 2? And Rico is dead. So one of the Hatchlings are bad for sure.
What specifically have I done or said to have you reading me as town?
I like to think I know you a little bit. And I think if you were mafia, you would do what you could to make this game more a priority. I said this before, btw. Your welcome for take the time to say it again :p

------------------------------------------------------
GAH! this has been sitting here with linki this whole time and I assumed it went through.

WOAH, now there is lots of linki.

MP... I am claire for goodness sakes. Claire is not bad.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Elohcin »

if quin were civ, he would answer my question about why it benefits him to say he has a power role. yes, I am hyped up on it and I don't give a shit. he would be nice and explain it to his fellow civ. But he isn't. He is being all..."I said ti b/c I have it," and that is all. So, he got my vote. I am done.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DFaraday:He has basically the same opinion as I do on G-Man's location claiming strategy. He suspects Eloh for her Soneji vote, which I can maybe read into more if we were to lynch Eloh today. He makes a good point against both Eloh and G-Man in that both of them were tying for the lynch before the CFD, and were both among Rico's top suspects. I find my placement on his rainbow list slightly contradictory, given his justification, so I have a mild ping on that.

Most of his content is stuff that is difficult to look into right now, so I'd be able to get a better read on him after an Eloh or G-Man flip. A tentative GTH scum-lean on DFaraday, but not enough for me to consider voting him today. I do have one post I'd like him to address:
DFaraday wrote:Scotty is as low down as he is for trying to justify his Soneji vote as saving himself, and for otherwise having uncharacteristically very little presence in the game.
How often do you find yourself in a game with Scotty, DF? Given how often he plays games, I imagine most people will have seen him both as a civ and as a baddie, so they'd be aware of his meta. I'm not sure I'd call inactivity a Scotty-scum-tell. Is his lack of presence a scum-tell for you?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Elohcin: Her answer to G-Man's 'Are you bad' question was wordy as hell. My thoughts about Eloh's response to my power role claim are in the thread, and I don't like it. Her refusal to consider whether my claim could be civ-minded doesn't look good, nor does her 'answer' to my question on the baddie motivations I might have for doing so. I also don't like how Eloh is even considering voting outside of us today. There is no guarantee that there's a single baddie on the beach. There is a guarantee that there is a baddie in the hatch.

I could easily vote for Eloh. I want to get as many of these out in the next half hour before I do so, though.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
G-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
G-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Day 1:
-Votes Soneji

Night 1:

Day 2 (in the Hatch):

I'm not going to sit here and say I've been anything remotely helpful this game, don't get me wrong. I just find it notable that your assessment of me appears to be largely or almost entirely based on my lack of activity rather than the content that I have been able to generate.

I disagree with your interpretation of opportunistic mafia-aligned behavior. Like you, I find it frustrating and inexplicable when players don't participate for the majority of a Day phase, so I realize my behavior is a bit hypocritical and completely less than ideal. However, to throw shade at me for it because you see it as some sort of strategy is where you lose me.

If I wanted to best help my teammates, if I were bad, I would prefer to be here constantly directing the thread, not playing the way I am right now. I am playing suboptimally regardless of my alignment. So that's where your argument falls apart for me.
Could be strategic. Could be. I'm not saying you are being strategic with when and what you post but I have to keep the possibility that you could be alive in my mind. It's unlike you to post the way you have so far. It could be a bad game for you. I can't recall seeing you play a bad game but we also haven't been in many games together recently to help me on that front. I'm not good enough at this game to say 'ur bad' to anyone with certainty.

My problem is that I try to keep all possibilities open until the evidence suggests otherwise. The person I most suspect is Sorsha, but she's not here and we don't know what might happen if we try to vote for someone at the Beach while we're in lockdown. I'm just doing what I can with what I've got in front of me.
My Banners:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

insertnamehere: He was quick to start strategising around the location claiming mechanic. In an early post I can quote because what the hell I felt he was overcompensating by strategising around an assumption we weren't aware of (Whether there were multiple killers or not). He was the first to urge other people to character/role claim. I don't get any malicious intent from this post, I questioned him for the sake of eliciting some sort of response and I felt okay about what he had to say. He put his vote on me, not out of suspicion, but out of the fact that I was still voting for him, and I don't like that one bit. I moved it (I forgot to), he didn't (although he said he would once I moved mine). I called him out on it after a few hours and put my vote down on him again, he responded with some bull 'I didn't like that he voted for me again' without actually addressing me directly.

In response to G-Man's question, he even said he'd kill Rico if he were bad. I think this is just as significant as DFaraday's assertion that G-Man and Eloh are bad because Rico suspected them. I've made mention of my thoughts on INH's relevant content in this thread earlier as well.

The fact that I feel like I actually need to argue my case on INH makes me want to lynch him more than Eloh.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I don't have time to do MP. Dad wants to look at my car.
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by DFaraday »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:Sorry I'm late, I was in the bathroom doing heroin. I mean...looking for peanut butter. For heroin. I mean Clairoin. I mean Claire.

Anyway, I don't think it's a coincidence that two of Rico's top suspects, G-Man and Elo (who incidentally were both up for lynching before that last second save), were here in the hatch with Rico and he turns up dead. WIFOM and all that, but right now I'd wager it's one of those two.
What changed your mind from Night 1 when you said you wanted to focus on the Soneji voters to this? What am I missing in your thought process?
I think one or two of the Soneji voters were trying to save someone (I think G-Man). Since Rico died I'm feeling either Elo or G-Man is the culprit.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by DFaraday »

Quin wrote:DFaraday:He has basically the same opinion as I do on G-Man's location claiming strategy. He suspects Eloh for her Soneji vote, which I can maybe read into more if we were to lynch Eloh today. He makes a good point against both Eloh and G-Man in that both of them were tying for the lynch before the CFD, and were both among Rico's top suspects. I find my placement on his rainbow list slightly contradictory, given his justification, so I have a mild ping on that.

Most of his content is stuff that is difficult to look into right now, so I'd be able to get a better read on him after an Eloh or G-Man flip. A tentative GTH scum-lean on DFaraday, but not enough for me to consider voting him today. I do have one post I'd like him to address:
DFaraday wrote:Scotty is as low down as he is for trying to justify his Soneji vote as saving himself, and for otherwise having uncharacteristically very little presence in the game.
How often do you find yourself in a game with Scotty, DF? Given how often he plays games, I imagine most people will have seen him both as a civ and as a baddie, so they'd be aware of his meta. I'm not sure I'd call inactivity a Scotty-scum-tell. Is his lack of presence a scum-tell for you?
I wouldn't call it a scum tell but I typically feel better about him when he's active. The saving himself line pinged me more.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Can't agree with Eloh's reasoning for suspecting Quin. I stand by what I said earlier, even if it was a half-funky interpretation of a quote from another game. Quin doesn't seem like he's hiding anything to me. He's curious and even unsure in places. I like that.

I have a pretty bad track record of my tinfoil reads being right, so I will vote Eloh for now. I don't see anyone joining me on MP even though he was mid to low on everyone's lists.
My Banners:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I did the same.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:MP... I am claire for goodness sakes. Claire is not bad.
This pretty much says it all.

Upgrading Elo to strong mafia read.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Is this gonna come down to a tie?

DFaraday, wanna move your vote?
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Can't say for sure. We don't even know how the Beach Bodies voted or whether their votes count through the lockdown. If I was on the beach and saw a murder happened in the Hatch, I'd be inclined to vote for someone inside the Hatch. I'm eager to read what they've been up to.
My Banners:
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Golden »

This thread is now locked. Report back to the main thread.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward

Return to “Previous Heists”