Whatever. You voting me yet?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Day 6- BLUE vs. RED

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:Llama is very likely bad. Just through POE if nothing else, if Epi is good. A suspect of mine since way back.
Why did you wait until I said anything about him to express this?
Because I'm letting you drive. I drive into the ditch when I take the wheel.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 329

Post by Epignosis »

I don't know why. I've done poorly outside of Day 1.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 179

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:Llama is very likely bad. Just through POE if nothing else, if Epi is good. A suspect of mine since way back.
Because Epi has been so successful at driving us towards SVS, Marmot, and Quin?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I do not like this passive LC. It is unlike him. Since when does he let other people drive?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
This kind of thing irks me.

You speak as though people aren't responsible for their own votes and that I shoulder that responsibility.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

You speak as though people aren't responsible for their own votes and that I shoulder that responsibility.
Oh no, don't get me wrong. I don't blame you for those lynches. I just think "letting you drive" is stupid given your success rate this game.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Oh no, don't get me wrong. I don't blame you for those lynches. I just think "letting you drive" is stupid given your success rate this game.
That's fallacious thinking too. Even if I were right two out of three times wouldn't guarantee any degree of success in future lynches.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:I do not like this passive LC. It is unlike him. Since when does he let other people drive?
Blah blah blah so unlike LC blah.

This is baddie Llama gently nibbling low hanging fruit.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 150

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:Are you actually criticizing me for that when you did the exact same thing at the exact same time??? :huh:
Yes.

Can I have my lynch plz? I've wanted one peraon lynched since SVS and I haven't had my turn. C'moooooon.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

That's fallacious thinking too. Even if I were right two out of three times wouldn't guarantee any degree of success in future lynches.
It wouldn't guarantee it, but neither is your probability of success random or completely independent of previous decisions.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I think a big reason people haven't thought about llama was his "Golly I keep mixing up JackofHearts and notsawyer" business.
thellama73 wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:In answer to Epi's question, my vote for Quin is based on a Day 0 ping, odd, uncharacteristic behavior, which I tend to associate with baddies. I am also perturbed by Quin's unwillingness to take my vote seriously. I never really intended to leave my vote there, though. I haven't decided where to move it yet, but Notsawyer, for being wishy-washy, might get it. And JackofHearts, for being annoying and not answering questions seriously, might get it.
Can you be more specific?

I don't think there's a real question I've been asked that I didn't take seriously.

Convince me you aren't just being opportunistic by saying you might vote for one of the players who already has two votes for no real reason.
This post is pretty flippant, but in fairness to you, I think I keep confusing you with Notsawyer, since I don't know either of you. I can't tell you apart. Please try to be more distinctive.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I don't like the cut of this jackofhearts character's jib. Voting there.
Well I don't like that your avatar is what you'd get if Diablo fucked a sharptooth.

But I don't vote for stupid reason. :keys:
thellama73 wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@Llama

My avatar is anime demigods fighting.

Sawyer's avatar is a baseball bat, possibly named Lucille.

Does that help?

Who would you vote for if you weren't allowed to vote for players you confuse with other players?
Thank you. That does help.

I'm struggling with a lack of strong pings today, if I'm honest. I might vote for FZ, because I found her question about the rules contrived, like Long Con's face.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I do not like this passive LC. It is unlike him. Since when does he let other people drive?

You don't believe that. You haven't believed it all game.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:

You don't believe that. You haven't believed it all game.
Wrong.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Is it like you to confuse two completely different people with very different avatars and names, and one of those happens to be bad?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
Is it like you to confuse two completely different people with very different avatars and names, and one of those happens to be bad?
When they are people I haven't played with before, yeah it kind of is like me. It takes me a while to learn new people.

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DFaraday »

Llama confusing players isn't weird to me. I've done that lots of times with players I'm unfamiliar with.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

DFaraday wrote:Llama confusing players isn't weird to me. I've done that lots of times with players I'm unfamiliar with.
Clearly this is some buddying.

Llama, vote DF. Cull the oppression.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am convinced thellama73 is bad. He campaigned hard for notsawyer, but now? Nothing. He's going after Long Con. He isn't genuine in his opinions.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73

Yeah, I know it's permanent. Blame Hillary.
notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 103

Post by notsawyer540 »

Epignosis wrote:
He did when his original votes for the first two days were for llama iirc.
thellama73 wrote:
Didn't hesitate to grab that straw, did you, Drowning Man?
If anything LC is being consistent, and it doesn't come off as consistency for consistency's sake to me.
Epignosis wrote:I am convinced thellama73 is bad. He campaigned hard for notsawyer, but now? Nothing. He's going after Long Con. He isn't genuine in his opinions.
I've openly suspected llama for a while now, but playing devil's advocate, more people than llama have campaigned either against people who were later revealed civ or against people who are still alive and they've changed our minds on. With respect to llama, if I was right about an attempted bus on me on day 1 to save Jack the only person left who could be blamed for it is llama.

I know we all need to vote eventually, but the votes put out currently are making me nervous. All it takes is a civ putting a vote in the wrong place and mafia can tie it up. Assuming two baddies are left (and assuming they haven't voted), then we're getting pretty close to lylo. So I'm gonna wait till the morning to make my decision after I've had my coffee and my head is clear. I've reevaluated my thoughts on Wilgy and at this stage I don't think I should vote for someone just because they've been under my radar. That brings me back to DFaraday and llama, who already have a vote a piece.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

Also, I think that the people who've voted already are probably civ because I think mafia would sit back and wait for an opportunity, while civ would go with what they believe is right. I'm sure that's not correct 100 percent of the time, but I don't see any benefit to mafia voting right out of the gate at this stage in the game. Like I said, they may be able to force a tie if just one civ votes the wrong way.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:I am convinced thellama73 is bad. He campaigned hard for notsawyer, but now? Nothing. He's going after Long Con. He isn't genuine in his opinions.
I haven't stopped suspecting notsawyer. I have been exploring other options because today is so crucial and I wanted to avoid tunneling. I fear you have been overly rash, but okay.

Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

go team good guys...unless you're bad then go team bad guises
Pov: you reading my takes
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I would like to lynch either Sawyer or Long Con today. Will anyone join me on those votes? As much as I dislike the idea, it appears as if I will have to build a coalition if I am going to survive and save the game for the civvies.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

No Llama. I vote you now.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

We really doing this again?
Image Image Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

thellama73 wrote:I would like to lynch either Sawyer or Long Con today. Will anyone join me on those votes? As much as I dislike the idea, it appears as if I will have to build a coalition if I am going to survive and save the game for the civvies.
I think you're civ and want to help, but I'm reading LC as genuine. I'll go ahead and vote Sawyer.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

DFaraday wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I would like to lynch either Sawyer or Long Con today. Will anyone join me on those votes? As much as I dislike the idea, it appears as if I will have to build a coalition if I am going to survive and save the game for the civvies.
I think you're civ and want to help, but I'm reading LC as genuine. I'll go ahead and vote Sawyer.
Ugh, I just realized Sawyer's the only person besides you who hasn't voted, so that really didn't help at all. :sigh:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Right, so here's the situation I'm in. If I vote for Sawyer, he will vote for me, I will die and the civilians will lose.
If I vote for Wilgy, Epi, or LC, at best Sawyer's vote will tie things up and there will be no lynch, but more likely he will vote for me, I will die, and the civs will lose.
That means I have to vote for Faraday and hope two things. 1. That Faraday is bad, and 2. that Sawyer breaks the tie in my favor.

I am not at all convinced that Faraday is bad, but I know I am not, so it's my only option.

Sawyer, I know we have had a contentious game, but I swear to you I am not the droids you are looking for. Do the right thing.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I sure do hope Sawyer isn't bad :grin:
Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 62

Post by S~V~S »

Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

Sorry it took so long to get in here. Had trouble falling asleep last night so I slept in.

This is a tough decision, and one I don't take lightly. I don't want to blow it for the civs. I'm especially troubled by faraday's vote, and I have a hard time believing that he didn't know what he was doing.

Gonna put on another pot of coffee and think it over with a smoke.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Think about the case against me while you're out there. There is none. Epi voted for me because I didn't gun for you hard enough today. Long Con voted for me because reasons. I've been actively baddie hunting this entire game. It sucks to get offed so late in the game when you've put so much effort into it.

notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

OK, so here's my thought process. It's down to two people who've been gunning for me for a while. One of them has been doing it without providing any form of justification by my recollection; and that's DFaraday. Then today he came in after I said that I thought the first two votes placed were civ votes and placed his vote on me to place me in this position. I think it was part of some odd plan to set me up if I lynched llama and the NK got blocked, and I'm not walking into that trap. I hope I'm doing the right thing.

Vote DFaraday.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Woo!! Finally.

I have no regrets.
Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

You have chosen wisely, Sawyer. Well done.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

thellama73 wrote:You have chosen wisely, Sawyer. Well done.
Why is this post ominous?
Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DrWilgy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:You have chosen wisely, Sawyer. Well done.
Why is this post ominous?
Because it reminds you of the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, which is an ominous scene.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

notsawyer540 wrote:OK, so here's my thought process. It's down to two people who've been gunning for me for a while. One of them has been doing it without providing any form of justification by my recollection; and that's DFaraday. Then today he came in after I said that I thought the first two votes placed were civ votes and placed his vote on me to place me in this position. I think it was part of some odd plan to set me up if I lynched llama and the NK got blocked, and I'm not walking into that trap. I hope I'm doing the right thing.

Vote DFaraday.
I hope so too.

I never thought this would be so frustrating for me, but it has been. I feel like I've done nothing but go in circles looking at the same stuff over and over.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 70

Re: Night 6- BLUE vs. RED

Post by G-Man »

MOST PEOPLE ARE REALLY NICE
RACHEL MADDOW: Here's the thing about political scandal. For some strange reason, anytime a Democratic politician is caught up in either a real or imagined scandal, it stays in the news. Like all the time. When Republicans get caught up in a scandal, there's this momentary spotlight where everyone gets to see them for the values-toting hypocrites that they are and then? Nothing. The Republican resigns from whatever position they were in and other news takes front and center.

Case in point: disgraced ex-Senator Ted Cruz. While his federal investigation is still ongoing and exposing other members of this farcically-named Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy, you wouldn't know how big a deal this was because it keeps getting overshadowed by other things. Like former Clinton advisor Sidney Blumenthal and Operation Cobalt member and former Florida Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz disappearing on the same day, despite being under elite government protection.

Does Ted Cruz and his fact-based, results-producing trial matter when people can report on missing persons and conspiratorial whodunits? Apparently not. Does Cruz ratting out what appear to be low-level supporters in his attempt to obstruct the President amount to news when the Podesta emails lead to family drama in the White House? Nah. It's way more important these days to elevate gossip-column non-critical issues to headline news. While it may be newsworthy to share that Chelsea Clinton has left the White House after another wave of John Podesta's emails reveal even nastier things Hillary's staff said about her last year, the media's obsession with covering this story sucks all the fun out of watching Ted Cruz squirm under the microscope.

This, among other things, is just another reminder that life just isn't fair.

-------------------------------------

DFaraday has been lynched. He was...
CHELSEA CLINTON
No one in the Hillary Clinton administration knows why she came back to the White House with her parents. She holds no official roll in the administration and is a vanilla civvie.

It is now Night 6.
You have until 3:30 p.m. EST tomorrow to send me your role PM's.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

:disappoint:
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

Shit. :( Sorry guys.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 62

Post by S~V~S »

Don't take my Hillary Points :(

I luff her :nicenod:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I regret nothing.
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Two baddies left, and they're within notsawyer, Llama, and Wilgy. I'd say Llama and Wilgy, but WTF do I know? Nothing. Unless someone has some sort of protection, the baddies have already won. Oh well.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 70

Post by G-Man »

I'll update the Hillary Points standings later tonight.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm sorry, DFaraday. I was put in a position where I had to lynch you if I wanted to stay alive. I never really thought you were bad, but I hoped I was wrong.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

For the record, I think the two remaining baddies are Notsawyer and Wilgy.

Return to “Previous Heists”