juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: GAME OVER: BLUE vs. RED

Post by juliets »

Congratulations baddies.

I was only really surprised at the SVS lynch because the whole thing seemed to happen while she was at work and I would assume unable to respond. I would be interested to know from her if that was indeed the case.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Congrats, mafia team!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 62

Post by S~V~S »

juliets wrote:Congratulations baddies.

I was only really surprised at the SVS lynch because the whole thing seemed to happen while she was at work and I would assume unable to respond. I would be interested to know from her if that was indeed the case.
Yeah, it really was. I came home to basically be dead. I am SO not a fan of that kind of thing.

Congrats baddies, nice job :)

*Hopes for awesome Hillary points banner*
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 329

Post by Epignosis »

The best thing that could have happened would have been to let myself get lynched.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 70

Post by G-Man »

HILLARY CLINTON'S EXECUTIVE ACTION OPTIONS:

EXECUTIVE ORDER: Ensuring Voting Integrity- To ensure the accuracy and integrity of voting, all votes shall henceforth be final, eliminating the ability for players to change their votes once cast. {offered Day 0, Night 5; selected Night 5}

EXECUTIVE ORDER: Ensuring Equal Speech Rights- This will limit every player to a maximum of 45 posts each during Day _ and Night _ combined. {offered Night 2, Night 6}

EXECUTIVE ORDER: Re-institute the Fairness Doctrine- Force all players to also say something nice about any person they criticize, fault, or suspect. (requires the WH Director of Communications to be alive) {offered Night 1; retired with Elohcin's death}

EXECUTIVE ORDER: Providing Vote Equity- This will cause votes to be weighted on Day _. Players with fewer posts will have their votes worth more. Players with more posts will have their votes worth less. {offered Night 3; selected Night 3}

EXECUTIVE ORDER: Mandatory Curfew- Lock the thread on Night _ (no discussion), with a 50% chance of blocking the baddie kill. (This requires the Attorney General to be alive) {offered Night 4; selected Night 4}

PRESIDENTIAL DIRECTIVE: Enemy of the State- The President of the United States of America has selected [insert player name here] as an enemy of the state and encourages all players to vote for that individual on Day _. This directive may only take effect if the President's Attorney General is still alive in the game. {offered Day 0, Night 5}

PRESIDENTIAL DIRECTIVE: Interference- The President will be authorized to detain one person on Night _, blocking any abilities that night. {offered Night 2; selected Night 2}

PRESIDENTIAL DIRECTIVE: Silence the Opposition- You will give yourself the power to silence someone if you make it to Night _. {offered Night 1; selected Night 1; voided by Elohcin's death}

PRESIDENTIAL DIRECTIVE: Internet Kill Switch- This will allow you to stop the day mid-phase any time you like after the halfway point (gotta give it 24 hours, sorry). You'll need to send in a screenshot of the poll for proof in case I am afk. This requires the Attorney General to be alive. {offered Night 3, Night 6}

PRESIDENTIAL MEMORANDUM: Secret Service Protection- The president of the United States of America shall be able to instruct Secret Service agents to protect a player of her choice during Night _. {offered Day 0; selected Day 0}

PRESIDENTIAL MEMORANDUM: No Questions Asked- No one may ask a question or use the question mark during Day _. All information must be gathered by making statements instead of asking questions. (Requires the White House Press Secretary to be alive) {offered Night 2, Night 4; retired with MacDougall's death}

PRESIDENTIAL MEMORANDUM: Right to Die- Allow self-voting in the poll {offered Night 1, Night 4, Night 6; selected Night 6}

PRESIDENTIAL MEMORANDUM: Ensuring Post Brevity- All players' posts may contain a maximum of 45 words (quoted prior posts do not count in the word count). This requires the White House Press Secretary to be alive. {offered Night 3, Night 5; Retired with MacDougall's death}

PRESIDENTIAL PROCLAMATION: Voter Value- The President of the United States of America shall be allowed to declare one player's vote to be worth double by no later than the middle of Day _. {offered Day 0, Night 2, Night 4}

PRESIDENTIAL PROCLAMATION: Valueless Voter- You may pick one player by mid-phase Day _ and their vote shall become worth 0 in the poll. {offered Night 1, Night 3}
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 179

Post by thellama73 »

I was equally surprised by the SVS lynch, but pleased.

A big thanks to my team for pulling out a last minute victory! It was down to the wire. If we had picked the wrong nightkill today, it would have been over.

Great game, GMan, and great game everyone else!~
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Golden »

Neat to see the lawmaker role in another form.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

llama draws bad two games in a row - he's going to get a reputation
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:llama draws bad two games in a row - he's going to get a reputation
Oh, I've already got a reputation.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Well, that was awful.

Well done Baddies, you had us played. Considering how Day 1 went down, this was a pretty amazing victory for you guys.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 109

Post by Quin »

I told you my sawyer case was a foolproof baddie catching method. :rolleyes:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Congrats baddies!

Also, why the hell do I have 6 Hillary points?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I'll throw a few host notes at you tonight or tomorrow. A few quick responses before I head home though:

When Scotty picked Jackofhearts2005 as his Day 0 dossier and as his fall guy, I got nervous because I was hoping to see him play both sides of the field for a while. Had he picked one of the other two VRWC members on Night 1, he would have had to expose one of them come Night 2. I didn't want a plain serial killer role again because I did that last game (Red vs. Blue). When Scotty got lynched Day 1, I freaked out because I feared that the baddies had little to no chance without Julian Assange mucking around and causing drama. I mean, how cool are Sawyer and Llama for managing to make it through five more days after their teammate is exposed? They were up against an un-lynchable civvie and an NK-proof civvie and they still won.
:clap:

Check out the Day 1 poll- only one vote for a civvie on Day 1. I don't know that I've seen that happen before.
6 votes for Scotty (indy)
4 votes for Sawyer (mafia)
1 vote for Jackofhearts2005 (mafia)
1 vote for Llama (mafia)
1 vote for Quin (civvie)
2 missed votes

Golden wrote:Neat to see the lawmaker role in another form.
Indeed. I had come up with the Hillary role before playing in Battlestar Galactica but I expanded it after I saw how well the concept worked in your game. :beer:
Quin wrote:Congrats baddies!

Also, why the hell do I have 6 Hillary points?
LOL, because you kept voting in Night Polls and the dead/non/host option in lynch polls. I'll get the final Hillary Points standings up tomorrow and reveal what their purpose was.
My Banners:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Hillary points are for Banners? :grin:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 102

Post by MacDougall »

Good game
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 150

Post by DrWilgy »

Hmm... The entire fane I had thought "Sawyer is too bad to be bad"

Oh well.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 150

Post by DrWilgy »

Good game all.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DFaraday »

Llama right now:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 72
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Hot damn. Great job, team.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Everybody be sure to PM me your votes for game MVP! You've got 48 hours.
My Banners:
notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 103

Post by notsawyer540 »

I'm so relieved. Good game, everyone!

This was both my first time being a baddie and my first time making it past day 4.

@Quin: I probably would've made that same post regardless of whether or not I was bad. :)

@Epi (aka Fox News): Thank you for your help in lynching all the civs and saving my life. :p

But seriously, I had a great time. Nothing personal if anyone thought I was rude or abrasive; it was just the persona I was trying out for the game.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

notsawyer540 wrote:I'm so relieved. Good game, everyone!

This was both my first time being a baddie and my first time making it past day 4.

@Quin: I probably would've made that same post regardless of whether or not I was bad. :)

@Epi (aka Fox News): Thank you for your help in lynching all the civs and saving my life. :p

But seriously, I had a great time. Nothing personal if anyone thought I was rude or abrasive; it was just the persona I was trying out for the game.
You nailed my specialty.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

This was epi's response to me and jay saying we think more of his civ game than his baddie game.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

I am honestly shocked that we won this game. JoH getting outed day 1 certainly didn't help, but it wasn't till a few days later when I was on the verge of getting lynched and Epi had started to express suspicion for llama that I was sure we were going to lose. I thought I would go and then llama would get lynched the next day. Then everyone voted for Quin and the rest, as they say, is history.

I had a shitload of fun, but I'm glad it's over lol
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:This was epi's response to me and jay saying we think more of his civ game than his baddie game.
I didn't know what to do. Civilians kept coming after me because they thought I would have killed Eloh to win a heist. Um, no. People were dicking around (thanks Wilgy). There was nothing to dig into, and the only reason why I didn't call out llama earlier about the (obvious) bullshit about mixing people up was that I still confuse Golden with G-Man and vice versa.

No reason this game shouldn't have resulted in a mafia win. Nice job civilians. Jesus. Can we put a little more effort in next time?
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

iirc the mix-up thing was genuine. I'd need llama to confirm that though.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

@Epi: I suggested killing you a couple times. Once early in the game and once after you saved me from getting lynched. We ended up keeping you around because you were doing a good job lynching everyone else.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

And I only found out about you and Eloh being married after she was killed. We targeted her because she hadn't really made any waves and I figured it wouldn't have any impact on the rest of the game. Boy was I wrong.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

notsawyer540 wrote:And I only found out about you and Eloh being married after she was killed. We targeted her because she hadn't really made any waves and I figured it wouldn't have any impact on the rest of the game. Boy was I wrong.
That move alone should've cleared me, and people went against me. And got mad that I kept reiterating it. Frustrating as hell.

"Oh, he keeps saying it- he must be lying about it."

No!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah! Just like the impassioned arguments I made against my own lynch- oh wait that never happened because I was lynched while I was at work :suspish:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote:Yeah! Just like the impassioned arguments I made against my own lynch- oh wait that never happened because I was lynched while I was at work :suspish:
I was barely even suspected. I woke up one morning and I was dead out of nowhere :noble:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

:bighug:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote::bighug:
:hug:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:Yeah! Just like the impassioned arguments I made against my own lynch- oh wait that never happened because I was lynched while I was at work :suspish:
You forgot the bit where you were lynched at work while there was a confirmed baddie playing.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
You forgot the bit where you were lynched at work while there was a confirmed baddie playing.
:sigh:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:
:sigh:
I wish you had only said, "I'm at work- give me one Day phase:" or something like that.

But you didn't say anything at all, and so I thought I had caught you and was already pouring the Ripple.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Re: Night 6- BLUE vs. RED

Post by colonialbob »

Epignosis wrote:And now there's this new person, colonialbob, judging me.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

The mix up actually was genuine. Before the game started, I complained to G-Man that my two teammates were people I didn't know and had never played with before. I even threatened not to go into the chat and just play as an indy. When I started playing, I honestly couldn't remember which of them was which. I was worried thta mistake screwed me, but it turned out to be an advantage. So yay me. :)

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:The mix up actually was genuine. Before the game started, I complained to G-Man that my two teammates were people I didn't know and had never played with before. I even threatened not to go into the chat and just play as an indy. When I started playing, I honestly couldn't remember which of them was which. I was worried thta mistake screwed me, but it turned out to be an advantage. So yay me. :)
This is madness.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

thellama73 wrote:The mix up actually was genuine. Before the game started, I complained to G-Man that my two teammates were people I didn't know and had never played with before. I even threatened not to go into the chat and just play as an indy. When I started playing, I honestly couldn't remember which of them was which. I was worried thta mistake screwed me, but it turned out to be an advantage. So yay me. :)
Well aren't you glad you were on my team now? :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It's not hard, llama. One of them IS a character from the lost, and the other is NOT a character from lost.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Golden wrote:It's not hard, llama. One of them IS a character from the lost, and the other is NOT a character from lost.
But I'm also a character from LOST. Just to muddy the waters even more.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DFaraday wrote:
Golden wrote:It's not hard, llama. One of them IS a character from the lost, and the other is NOT a character from lost.
nd my avatar is from Lost, but I am not a character from Lost.

And the Lo in LoRab stands for Lost...

And S~V~S is also from Lost...

Oh boy it gets confusing.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Golden wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
nd my avatar is from Lost, but I am not a character from Lost.

And the Lo in LoRab stands for Lost...

And S~V~S is also from Lost...

Oh boy it gets confusing.
Sit Vincent Sit. I forgot that's what it meant. :p
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 72
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:This was epi's response to me and jay saying we think more of his civ game than his baddie game.
I didn't know what to do. Civilians kept coming after me because they thought I would have killed Eloh to win a heist. Um, no. People were dicking around (thanks Wilgy). There was nothing to dig into, and the only reason why I didn't call out llama earlier about the (obvious) bullshit about mixing people up was that I still confuse Golden with G-Man and vice versa.

No reason this game shouldn't have resulted in a mafia win. Nice job civilians. Jesus. Can we put a little more effort in next time?
This is a bad argument and it made you look bad that you kept making it.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm lost. :huh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

:mafia:
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 36

Post by FZ. »

Congrats to the winners :beer: Nice job!

Don't know why you had to go and kill me so early, but I forgive you :hug:

I was actually screaming at my computer for the civvies to lynch llama, but they wouldn't listen. I guess it's a lot easier to see things in a new light when you're not in the middle of all the mess. But NotSawyer actually fooled me. Like Epi, I didn't see him as bad.
In any case, you both really pulled it off. It was impressive.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

What's Lost?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:This is a bad argument and it made you look bad that you kept making it.
I don't care how it made me look. How I looked was never my concern.

Return to “Previous Heists”