Currents Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

What was your favourite aspect of the game?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:02 pm

The storyline
No votes
The host
29%
The theme
No votes
The minimal amount of roles
14%
The participating players
29%
The game's progression
14%
Nothing, I absolutely hated it
14%

Total votes: 7
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 243

Re: Currents Mafia [DAY 5]

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:Truth be told I think the jay/marmot pair is entirely compatible from my read. It's the jay/fz pair that feels wrong.
Explain exactly how me wanting to vote a cop claim doesn't make sense for a townie to you?
Townies don't want to risk lynching the real cop.
The real cop would be killed though. And lol, the cop WAS lynched. This doesn't make sense.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 68

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:Dizzy I really don't care if you like my rationale. I'm not scum, and your idea of telling people to look at me when you flip town at lylo is laughable.
Wtf, I haven't told them to look at you AFTER I flip. I want them to look at you now.
:lorab:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Also, looks like I'm the most likely to be teamed with everyone right now lol. That's convenient and should be a big alarm bell already.
Why?
I think you know why. I'm town, and the thread is floating pretty silently and steadily to me being lynched. I'm fine with losing really, it just sucks to be the one that is the Lylo lynch. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Honestly, I think the biggest mistake this game was the Nut lynch. The whole game got into a rough start because of it.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 58

Post by insertnamehere »

PLAUSIBLE TEAMS FROM MY POV:

Marmot/JJJ - Looking over 3J's ISO, there's some stuff that could be construed as subtle teammate helping- lots of 3J saying "Marmot makes a good point here" without really engaging him on it. He later ranks Marmot at the tippity top of his Rainbow list despite Marmot fanning some light shade in his direction. He later ISO's Marmot to find him looking "fine for the most part." In 3J's eyes, Marmot's interactions with FZ are "teammate compatible, but with enough reservations that a confident read is difficult."

Marmot/Golden - Two people who haven't really interacted at all over the course of the game. A dark horse possibility, if you will.

JJJ/Golden - 3J criticizes Elo early on, saying that her inactivity doesn't match her meta. He later puts her smack dab in the middle of his rainbow list, which sums up his read on her. Once Golden replaces in, he's much more complimentary, although that may just stem from Golden being Golden. Probably the team I feel the least sure about on this list.

Marmot/Dizzy - If Dizzy is bad, I think Marmot is his teammate. Marmot agrees with the suspicions against him, but still inisists on pushing his pet case on me when we're in the middle of LyLo. Doesn't seem gin-u-wine to me.

Overall, the strongest team strikes me as Marmot/JJJ, with Dizzy/Marmot as second.

Marmot
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

@Golden and Dizzy: Does a Marmot/JJJ team seem plausible to you?

Golden, I know you've said that if such a team exists we're "screwed," but funnily enough, that's exactly how I feel right now.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Ugh. I don't want to move my vote. I feel this game is as good as lost already. Sorry for having an unhelpful attitdue about it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Also, looks like I'm the most likely to be teamed with everyone right now lol. That's convenient and should be a big alarm bell already.
Why?
I think you know why. I'm town, and the thread is floating pretty silently and steadily to me being lynched. I'm fine with losing really, it just sucks to be the one that is the Lylo lynch. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No, and it's answers like this that make me feel very good about voting for you.

"I think you know why". What would it matter if I 'know why', or have my own reasons for why. If you make some grand sweeping statement, you have to justify it.

You said 'it should be a big alarm bell'. Why? Why should it not just be a sign that you are, in fact, bad?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Dyslexicon wrote:Ugh. I don't want to move my vote. I feel this game is as good as lost already. Sorry for having an unhelpful attitdue about it.
Well, I'd rather die on my feet, stumbling around in the darkness than lying down. :shrug:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:Ugh. I don't want to move my vote. I feel this game is as good as lost already. Sorry for having an unhelpful attitdue about it.
This statement can be entirely true from you no matter what your affiliation.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

insertnamehere wrote:@Golden and Dizzy: Does a Marmot/JJJ team seem plausible to you?

Golden, I know you've said that if such a team exists we're "screwed," but funnily enough, that's exactly how I feel right now.
If Golden is town then I would ironically (or poetically) support his notion of being screwed. I'd vote Marmot to save myself, but I prefer a Golden lynch, I really feel the way he's setting me up is him being scum.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

interesting how apprehensive you and marmot are to vote for each other tho
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm in airport hell and my plane will be boarding shortly. I have to make my final decision quickly.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:
Why?
No, and it's answers like this that make me feel very good about voting for you.

"I think you know why". What would it matter if I 'know why', or have my own reasons for why. If you make some grand sweeping statement, you have to justify it.

You said 'it should be a big alarm bell'. Why? Why should it not just be a sign that you are, in fact, bad?
The reasoning is implied. I could be teamed with anyone and everyone seems fine enough lynching me. The fact that the thread has been so quiet and I'm the lynch candidate is a give away that I'm town.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:
What is the point of saying this? I'm not any affilation, I'm a particular one. Such shade.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:@Golden and Dizzy: Does a Marmot/JJJ team seem plausible to you?

I read back their isos, and the best answer I came to was that... yes, it is plausible, but the Jay/FZ interactions seem like a big stretch if they are teammates. (JayFZ - ha, that would be a funny team. In this scenario, I guess Marmot is BeyBey).

I'll feel a lot worse losing the game by changing my tack and following a tinfoil read, than by just voting the person who seems bad on the face of it.

~~~~~~~~~

I mean, the following is a summary of Dizzy's responses to me:

"why am I bad"
"tell me why I'm bad"
"your reasons for why I'm bad suck, you're bad"
"I don't have to acknowledge that your points are good, I can just say they make no sense."

You, inh, know as well as anyone that figuring out who is bad doesn't necessarily come from rational arguments. I can't 'prove' that Dizzy is bad through arguing. I just sense that this Dizzy is markedly different from the other Dizzy I've seen as town.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:

If Golden is town then I would ironically (or poetically) support his notion of being screwed. I'd vote Marmot to save myself, but I prefer a Golden lynch, I really feel the way he's setting me up is him being scum.
Setting you up? What am I doing that is setting you up?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

insertnamehere wrote:
Well, I'd rather die on my feet, stumbling around in the darkness than lying down. :shrug:
I've honestly been trying. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Dizzy, I realize that the below gif sums up your current, suspiciously convenient worldview, but I need to know some things.

If you're right about Golden being bad, who do you think his teammate is?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm in airport hell and my plane will be boarding shortly. I have to make my final decision quickly.
JJJ, Hi I'm town. Would you be willing to vote Golden?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:
What is the point of saying this? I'm not any affilation, I'm a particular one. Such shade.
You are using the tactic 'appeal to emotion'. I'm just pointing out that doesn't make you town, in case anyone should be persuaded by it.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:

In the beginning you questioned me. I answered, the questioning stopped, and then you've been saying you would vote me but you were busy and hadn't put in the work, and now that it's EoD everything I say is a sign I'm scum.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Besides, for all that you are complaining about how doomed you are and what a tough world it is for you... and how there should be 'alarm bells' because of how much everyone seems to want to vote you and how easy it is to get you gone...

I would note how difficult it has been to actually get three votes on you today. Jay and I have leaned your way all day and neither inh nor marmot have shown any particular inclination to join us so far.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:
You are using the tactic 'appeal to emotion'. I'm just pointing out that doesn't make you town, in case anyone should be persuaded by it.
Better not have anyone think I'm town at this point. :p

10/10 would clock me as town on PerC. Though I always feel that lol.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:

In the beginning you questioned me. I answered, the questioning stopped, and then you've been saying you would vote me but you were busy and hadn't put in the work, and now that it's EoD everything I say is a sign I'm scum.
Nope. It's just not a sign you're town, and I'm not going to let you use manipulation instead of solid rebuttal.

You've refused to answer questions straight at EoD. You're saying things like 'I think you know', using appeal to emotion, and planting a no u vote with no previous basis in your own suspicion at all.

If you want me to perceive you as town right now, act like you're town instead of using every manipulative tool in your book to escape your own lynch.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

insertnamehere wrote:Image

Dizzy, I realize that the below gif sums up your current, suspiciously convenient worldview, but I need to know some things.

Omg, The Room.

It would probably be one of Marmot or JJJ. Would bet on Marmot, and I will vote Marmot if none of you all are willing to vote Golden.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dizzy's recent responses to criticism have had a trend of reflecting that criticism with implied critical language rather than straightforward language. I'm not a fan.

INH has given some manner of an analytic effort under pressure which I think bears more civilian value by comparison.

I am inclined to leave my vote where it is.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:Besides, for all that you are complaining about how doomed you are and what a tough world it is for you... and how there should be 'alarm bells' because of how much everyone seems to want to vote you and how easy it is to get you gone...

I would note how difficult it has been to actually get three votes on you today. Jay and I have leaned your way all day and neither inh nor marmot have shown any particular inclination to join us so far.
You think Marmot or INH will self vote instead of lynching me? :p Well, actually self voting is not allowed, I checked cause I wanted to be sour and do that.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:

I read back their isos, and the best answer I came to was that... yes, it is plausible, but the Jay/FZ interactions seem like a big stretch if they are teammates. (JayFZ - ha, that would be a funny team. In this scenario, I guess Marmot is BeyBey).

I'll feel a lot worse losing the game by changing my tack and following a tinfoil read, than by just voting the person who seems bad on the face of it.

~~~~~~~~~

I mean, the following is a summary of Dizzy's responses to me:

"why am I bad"
"tell me why I'm bad"
"your reasons for why I'm bad suck, you're bad"
"I don't have to acknowledge that your points are good, I can just say they make no sense."

You, inh, know as well as anyone that figuring out who is bad doesn't necessarily come from rational arguments. I can't 'prove' that Dizzy is bad through arguing. I just sense that this Dizzy is markedly different from the other Dizzy I've seen as town.
I mean, FZ went into self-sacrifice, give-no-fucks mode, and it's a certainty that her teammates bussed her.

I could honestly see FZ's actions against 3J being a part of an elaborate ploy that a baddie 3J (still not sure what that looks like) could theoretically twirl his mustache at. Also, MP went full hog against FZ. It'd be poor strategy for the whole baddie team to rally behind her.

When it comes to Dizzy, my read on him in Phenon was so out of wack that I've been abstaining from casting judgment on his posts and instead focusing on their context when it comes to other possible baddie teams. I doubt he's teamed with you, and I know he isn't teamed with me, so that leaves either 3J or Marmot. And 3J cast the first vote against Dizzy.

That leaves Marmot. Which, I guess, is feasible, but not my strongest possible baddie team in my imagination.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:You think Marmot or INH will self vote instead of lynching me? :p
And right there is the heart of why you voted for me.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Dyslexicon wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Image

Omg, The Room.

It would probably be one of Marmot or JJJ. Would bet on Marmot, and I will vote Marmot if none of you all are willing to vote Golden.
I'm not willing to vote Golden today. :shrug:

If you vote Marmot, I'll probably view you as a civilian.

Funny how ol' Edgar Allen can work sometimes.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have to maintain phone charge so I can't stay here. I endorse a Dizzy lynch.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:

Nope. It's just not a sign you're town, and I'm not going to let you use manipulation instead of solid rebuttal.

You've refused to answer questions straight at EoD. You're saying things like 'I think you know', using appeal to emotion, and planting a no u vote with no previous basis in your own suspicion at all.

If you want me to perceive you as town right now, act like you're town instead of using every manipulative tool in your book to escape your own lynch.
What question have I not answered straight? And don't call me vote for OMGUS. If I was scum I would put up a case and follow it, but I don't KNOW who's scum or not. Your treatment of me is all wrong to me - Questioning (which I've answered), silence, and NOW I'm scum for all sorts of reasons, actually every time I write something you have something to say about why it's scummy. I don't think you WANT to perceive me as town is what I'm saying.

I don't know how I can be more obvious than what I have been.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Dizzy's recent responses to criticism have had a trend of reflecting that criticism with implied critical language rather than straightforward language. I'm not a fan.

INH has given some manner of an analytic effort under pressure which I think bears more civilian value by comparison.

I am inclined to leave my vote where it is.
Great.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

DIZZY TEAMMATE CONNECTIONS

Dizzy/3J - 3J's been consistently braying for his blood.

Dizzy/Golden - Ditto with 3J.

Dizzy/Marmot - Dizzy is making movements like he'd be willing to vote Marmot's way.

Dizzy/INH - I know that's not the case. If anyone believes it is, feel free to take it up with me.

Once again, if Dizzy votes Marmot, I'll probably clear him.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:What question have I not answered straight?
How about 'why should it ring alarm bells?'. Your answer was "I think you know" and you've not enlightened me at all. Why should Jay and my analysis ring alarm bells instead of just accurately pointing to a baddie?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:You think Marmot or INH will self vote instead of lynching me? :p
And right there is the heart of why you voted for me.
What? How does that make sense at all? My vote on you is as good as symbolic at this point.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:Once again, if Dizzy votes Marmot, I'll probably clear him.
Why? Wouldn't that be the ideal move from his perspective if they are teammates and he is going down?

If I were Dizzy and my teammate was marmot, marmot is exactly where I'd be trying to make the vote go. Sure, one of us might go down today, but I'll bet I can win at lylo tomorrow.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:What question have I not answered straight?
How about 'why should it ring alarm bells?'. Your answer was "I think you know" and you've not enlightened me at all. Why should Jay and my analysis ring alarm bells instead of just accurately pointing to a baddie?
Because who's my teammate?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Once again, if Dizzy votes Marmot, I'll probably clear him.
Why? Wouldn't that be the ideal move from his perspective if they are teammates and he is going down?

If I were Dizzy and my teammate was marmot, marmot is exactly where I'd be trying to make the vote go. Sure, one of us might go down today, but I'll bet I can win at lylo tomorrow.
Then why am I voting for you?

I'm going to keep my vote on you in pure flair and spite. :p
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:

If a baddie is lynched today, I'll be happy.

Also, if Dizzy and Marmot are teammates, and Dizzy is lynched today, d'you think for sure Marmot's going to go out D6?

I see the reverse as the lesser risk.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Dyslexicon wrote:I'm going to keep my vote on you in pure flair and spite. :p
Okay

Dyslexicon
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:
Golden wrote:

If a baddie is lynched today, I'll be happy.

Also, if Dizzy and Marmot are teammates, and Dizzy is lynched today, d'you think for sure Marmot's going to go out D6?

I see the reverse as the lesser risk.
No, I don't think it's for sure. I think anyone could still be lynched tomorrow. At lylo, baddies make powerplays, I couldn't even rule Jay out.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Honestly, I'd rather be lynched today and be done with the game if it's going to be all "Dizzy is the likeliest teammate to whoever" next phase. Sorry/not sorry.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:

Coolios. If you're town, you weren't going to win by getting me lynched either, so we're equally wrong. If you're scum, then flair is as good a way to go down as any!

I hope there's a pre-death catgif in there for us, though.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Dyslexicon wrote:Honestly, I'd rather be lynched today and be done with the game if it's going to be all "Dizzy is the likeliest teammate to whoever" next phase. Sorry/not sorry.
well that's just really, really lame

i'd even go far as to label it a total bummer
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:

Coolios. If you're town, you weren't going to win by getting me lynched either, so we're equally wrong. If you're scum, then flair is as good a way to go down as any!

Please don't be town, I'd feel dumb. :p
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

me at dys blowing the game for the civilians if he's good
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:

Please don't be town, I'd feel dumb. :p
please don't be town, i'd feel absolutely miffed.

I might even become somewhat peeved.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

insertnamehere wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Honestly, I'd rather be lynched today and be done with the game if it's going to be all "Dizzy is the likeliest teammate to whoever" next phase. Sorry/not sorry.
well that's just really, really lame

i'd even go far as to label it a total bummer
Bah. You're right. But I don't have much faith, and I can be spiteful as town and I can feel it myself being really dumb. So truly sorry.

But Golden won't change his vote. Neither will JJJ. Marmot won't vote himself. So it's really pretty useless. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to “Previous Heists”