Total votes: 13
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 77
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Lost Again Mafia (Season 3) - Day 5

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote:Right, so I'll keep my defense short and then get to rereading Epi.

My defense is nothing. I had a really crappy first 3.5 days. Not gonna go and appeal to RL reasons or anything. I've barely read days 2 and 3, day one was a pile of roleplay meaninglessness, and I simply popped into the thread occasionally and popped some immediate gut reads based on the last 10/20 posts. Perhaps it was worse than useless. I've got no defense for it. Good luck pulling an actual agenda out of it, though.

Thought process on votes is likewise terrible.
D1: Had a strong feeling Llama was town. Voted on the train that wasn't him. Felt kinda guilty for pulling attention to him, even.
D2: Barely popped in. Between NotSawyer and Nutella? An easy choice.
D3: I honestly popped a vote on Quin (now you) to see if it would work. I thought the mod might change the poll. Unfortunately, I wasn't around at dayend to change it. No excuses. It's crap.
D4: Based on your role-flip, game suspicions, and DF's survival, I was positive they were scum. Anything that allows a player to survive two lynches in a game, in any way, would be broken. That lynch should have been guaranteed. Crazy (to me) that I even got close to rivaling it.

D1 and D4 should give pause to me being aligned with DF, if only slightly, but you can work through that. You can also look at my vanilla town meta, vs my non-town meta, if that helps. Really though, neither applies.
I've had a crappy few days. I'm gonna try and step my game up so I don't lose it for you guys.
I'm still struggling with your thought process on D1, speedchuck. What gave you a strong feeling about Llama being town? I don't see it in your posts.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

:ponder:

I'm switching to speedchuck.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 123

Post by Epignosis »

I tell you what, MP.

For better or worse, I'll do the same thing I did with G-Man. I don't think you are mafia, and I know I'm not, so this is a safe(r) approach. I will put my vote wherever you do (provided of course it's not on me). That makes your vote worth two. And if we're wrong today
Spoiler: show
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:I tell you what, MP.

For better or worse, I'll do the same thing I did with G-Man. I don't think you are mafia, and I know I'm not, so this is a safe(r) approach. I will put my vote wherever you do (provided of course it's not on me). That makes your vote worth two. And if we're wrong today
:omg:

Why would you do this?

Also how can you not think I'm mafia? Am I not confirmed? :p
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You are not confirmed, but given the ratio of previous installments (two civilian power roles vs. one mafia power role), I'd say it's highly unlikely you are bad.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:You are not confirmed, but given the ratio of previous installments (two civilian power roles vs. one mafia power role), I'd say it's highly unlikely you are bad.
Oh, was my alignment not confirmed when Quin's first role card flipped? I didn't even check, I just assumed it was. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

If you don't think S~V~S or Dom is mafia either, why offer it to me?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:You are not confirmed, but given the ratio of previous installments (two civilian power roles vs. one mafia power role), I'd say it's highly unlikely you are bad.
Oh, was my alignment not confirmed when Quin's first role card flipped? I didn't even check, I just assumed it was. :p
Well, the post said Quin was a vanilla civilian, so I'm taking things with a grain of salt here. :p
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:If you don't think S~V~S or Dom is mafia either, why offer it to me?
I'm more confident in you than in them.

Confident in your alignment, not your ability. :meany:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epi, can you walk me through your thought process a bit more on your voting history? I can read what you've thrown down, but I'm not sure I understand the progression.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 114

Post by speedchuck »

I admittedly wasn't taking D1 very seriously, but:
speedchuck wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Put my vote on llama for now. I'll change it later if saving myself is a possibility.
Where would you change it to?
speedchuck wrote:I suspect Sorsha more than Llama, and thus am unable to move my vote ATM.
Hm.
Vote Dfaraday
speedchuck wrote:Could we please not vote Llama?
speedchuck wrote:
Quin wrote:hey what's up
Eyy!
Bunch of random wagons. Recommending Dfaraday.
speedchuck wrote:
Quin wrote:Looked at DF's posts just now. That wagon isn't cool. The llama one is though.
:(
speedchuck wrote:
Quin wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Quin wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
Quin wrote:Looked at DF's posts just now. That wagon isn't cool. The llama one is though.
:(
Tell me why DFaraday is a bad dude in 30 words or less.
Fewer.
You heard the man.
Fewer.
Llama said that llama was town. Did DF say that? Don't think so.
While I was joking about it, I was also pretty serious. Llama only got suspected for adding a second vote to a wagon (I added a third), and I thought he responded well to pressure.

linki: amazing posts there guys
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck, thanks, I got that. I guess what I'm missing is what specifically in Llama's posts or behavior led you to your strong opinion that he was town. Can you elaborate on that?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

If the combination ends up being Dom and Sorsha, I'm going to lose it. :p
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Epi, can you walk me through your thought process a bit more on your voting history? I can read what you've thrown down, but I'm not sure I understand the progression.
I really can't. I think I've overextended myself and everything is a blur. I even have to look to see whom the hell I even voted for.

I voted speedchuck to contribute to the tie (as G-Man wanted). That vote was for speedchuck, if that's worth anything to you.

I voted nutella because I apparently always think she's bad now and haven't learned my lesson.

I made a case on S~V~S, which I still think has merit on its own, but my back-and-forths with S~V~S usually indicate we both don't know what we're doing.

DF was a bad boy.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MovingPictures07 wrote:speedchuck, thanks, I got that. I guess what I'm missing is what specifically in Llama's posts or behavior led you to your strong opinion that he was town. Can you elaborate on that?
Just went through the ISO. Yeah, it's mostly what I said a bit ago. His reaction to pressure, his willingness to immediately buddy someone (doesn't speak to someone who cares too much about appearances), and my gut feeling based on his posts. I mean seriously, scan over his ISO, it's easier than me posting stuff here. I can't see that level of flippant, yet earnest action coming from a scum at the top of the D1 lynch pile. Unflappable.

Besides, I felt like I called attention to his vote by throwing another one on there, and was feeling a bit guilty about getting this guy that I figured was a townie lynched.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epi, do you worry that you're giving too much re: S~V~S and Dom for the reasons you're clearing them?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:speedchuck, thanks, I got that. I guess what I'm missing is what specifically in Llama's posts or behavior led you to your strong opinion that he was town. Can you elaborate on that?
Just went through the ISO. Yeah, it's mostly what I said a bit ago. His reaction to pressure, his willingness to immediately buddy someone (doesn't speak to someone who cares too much about appearances), and my gut feeling based on his posts. I mean seriously, scan over his ISO, it's easier than me posting stuff here. I can't see that level of flippant, yet earnest action coming from a scum at the top of the D1 lynch pile. Unflappable.

Besides, I felt like I called attention to his vote by throwing another one on there, and was feeling a bit guilty about getting this guy that I figured was a townie lynched.
That all makes sense, thanks.

Another question: if you were trying to find an anyone-but-Llama option, why did you choose DF and why did you initiate that option? Seems to me you could have latched onto someone else's option that wasn't you or Llama, but you were the first to vote for DF.

I'm just still trying to figure everything out, that's all.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S and Sorsha really need to get in here. I'd like to hear more from Dom about what he's thinking too even though he feels out of the loop. If we want to win this game, this has to be a talkative period.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I'm new here. Are false flips (someone flipping as vanilla town, then actually being mafia, or some mod bastardry like that) common? Because where I come from, there would be an uproar if Quin/MP was scum after that flip. People would be literally angry, because of what they expect from a game.

But we've already had someone survive a lynch, so... I don't know what is considered mod bastardry on this forum. Please do fill me in, because I don't know what to expect.

linki: I'll answer that in a sec
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote:I'm new here. Are false flips (someone flipping as vanilla town, then actually being mafia, or some mod bastardry like that) common? Because where I come from, there would be an uproar if Quin/MP was scum after that flip. People would be literally angry, because of what they expect from a game.

But we've already had someone survive a lynch, so... I don't know what is considered mod bastardry on this forum. Please do fill me in, because I don't know what to expect.

There would be an uproar here as well; I would consider that bastard and I would be angry if that happened and it was one of you all.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 82

Post by S~V~S »

speedchuck wrote:I'm new here. Are false flips (someone flipping as vanilla town, then actually being mafia, or some mod bastardry like that) common? Because where I come from, there would be an uproar if Quin/MP was scum after that flip. People would be literally angry, because of what they expect from a game.

I would not expect it in a Heist. It would be overkill, these games are supposed to be simple basic games.

And I will be here full time this afternoon post work, MP. Deep cleansing breaths.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

That said, anything is possible in games around here, especially Jobs. I personally think that kind of role would be bastard in any setup, but for a Heist like this it would be ridiculously so.

So you don't have to worry about little old me. :grin:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:

I would not expect it in a Heist. It would be overkill, these games are supposed to be simple basic games.

And I will be here full time this afternoon post work, MP. Deep cleansing breaths.
Fair enough, just need to know what's going on inside that head of yours. And I WILL HYPERVENTILATE IF I WANT TO, DAMMIT. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

This is now the second game this year I've replaced into and then had to deal with a critical stage in the game, so I'm freaking out. But you all should be as well. I don't want to blow this all for you and none of you should want to either.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You're confirmed, and I would be shocked if Epi is bad based totally on how he reacted to me the other day. His points about how Dom posted during the Faraday kerfuffle make sense.

No hyperventilating.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
speedchuck wrote:

That all makes sense, thanks.

Another question: if you were trying to find an anyone-but-Llama option, why did you choose DF and why did you initiate that option? Seems to me you could have latched onto someone else's option that wasn't you or Llama, but you were the first to vote for DF.

I'm just still trying to figure everything out, that's all.
Sorsha hadn't really done anything wrong at all D1. I didn't want to stay on that wagon. Not to mention that it wasn't going to go anywhere. (Until G-Man started forcing a tie)

DF had done nothing all game but try to attach meaning to Llama's (and my) votes on Sorsha. Seemed a bit like a frame-job waiting to happen.

But mostly: I had good vibes from Llama, wasn't too deeply invested in reads, and he said he would switch to DF. I was having fun buddying the crap out of Llama.
That last reason is most of it. I wish it were a better reason.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:You're confirmed, and I would be shocked if Epi is bad based totally on how he reacted to me the other day. His points about how Dom posted during the Faraday kerfuffle make sense.

No hyperventilating.
I just think we need to be careful before clearing anyone too quickly. Except for me of course. :p

But your points are fair. I was seeing how Epi would respond with my earlier string of posts for a similar reason, since I wasn't around when you and he were going at it in real time and only read it after the fact, so I wanted to see how I could interact with him in real time. I'm given some pause. I think he seemed honest in that exchange.

But I'm not about to let that make everything too easy here. Clearing someone for too quick/easy a reason could backfire.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Cool, thanks speedchuck.

What are you currently thinking with all the combinations left, from least to most likely?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Holdup, let me grab your combo list and debate internally and sweat
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Has anyone else had the thought that Epi and S~V~S could be teammates?

Let me elaborate. Epi's case of S~V~S on D3 was pretty out of nowhere, only ending with this scenario where both of them are clearing each other pretty hard. And frankly I feel like it's even a leap considering them together. But perhaps that's what was intended?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote:Holdup, let me grab your combo list and debate internally and sweat
Lol, I can relate; even though I was busy all day yesterday, I've been slowly going insane thinking about all of this on the back of my mind. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'll be back later myself, can't spend all day here. But I should be around for at least a solid few hours off and on before EoD. Please come in and throw thoughts into the thread, you all, as much as you can think of.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Epi, do you worry that you're giving too much re: S~V~S and Dom for the reasons you're clearing them?
I do.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Like you, I condider all the SVS combos to be unlikely. If SVS is mafia, it would open a lot of options, especially with Epi. I'm gonna look back at her votes. I also consider myself to be town, obviously. Thus:
Screw this likely: Anything with MP
Least likely: Epignosis & Sorsha
Less least likely: Anything with SVS.
Most likely: Dom & Sorsha
Slightly more Most likely: Dom & Epignosis

Honestly, we're at MYLO. Seems like a good mafia player would just make a good case on one of the remaining town players. Out of the 5 non-MP targets, there are 3 town. Wouldn't be that hard to make a confident case.
But nobody is doing that at all.

And nobody jumped on changing the lynch from DF to me at the last second.
We have at least one inactive scum, I think. Betting on Dom ATM.
Epi could be scum... and that would make the fact that I wasn't last-second lynched make more sense... but if he's not, then the inactivity covers it.

Just thinking out loud here, saying nothing new.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

As is obvious, I have become more unsure as the day has gone on.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Actually, just returned for a second to request of everyone:

Please make it a priority to discuss your thoughts on each player and analyze their behavior through the lens of "if they are bad" and "if they are good". Then publicly share those with the rest of us.

That will make sure that everyone is assessing everyone else from both angles and we can go from there. I'll run through mine when I return.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Head's up: I'm pretty bad at this sort of thing.

MP
--
If MP is good I'm happy.
If MP is bad I'm going to flip some tables.

DOM
---
If Dom is bad, he may have known that DF would have a momentary fake flip, and have planned a towny-looking response. I'm not sure what was with the fake flip. It also makes sense that he dropped in, tried not to lynch DF, and saw that voting me would end in a tie OR Epi/SVS told him not to make a tie in scumchat. Sorsha wasn't here, I don't think.

For some reason, about halfway through the game, Dom stopped being as coherent, with his writing style AND with his post content. He's perfectly coherent still in other games. I'm not sure why he's throwing people off like that, but it's probably indicative of something.

If Dom is good, he's putting in low effort and hopting we take up the slack. His response to DF's fake flip was genuine, despite that the game should have ended there if it was so. Since the Mass Effect mafia game started, he's been throwing little bits into the thread when he can, giveing Mass Effect priority. Just little bits of spam thoughts and reads.

Dom's votes:
1. none
2. Nutella
3. Nutella
4. DF

Absent D1, sticks to his guns on D2 and 3, already discussed D4.

SORSHA
------
If Sorsha is good, then great. She has very few posts, but what posts she has are not incriminating. She's apparently moving over the course of this game, so she has out of thread reasons, and she's focused on Survivor for a good bit of this game.
She does seem to think she had a scum on her D1, leaving me and Epi.

If Sorsha is bad, we don't have much to go on to figure it out.
She was defended D1 by SVS and DF, according to her. Interesting combination there.
Her vote on DF came at a time where it would look really scummy not to vote for him, aspecially after her promise to do so the previous day.

Sorsha's votes:
1. Llama
2. none
3. none
4. DF

SVS
---
If SVS is good, the strong anti-alignment with DF makes more sense. I may have been annoying about it, but SVS's reactions to the Llama viasco with the tie and the random sorsha votes said more town than not... Most of her posts do. I don't see any way to tie SVS to anyone on the board but mayyyyybe Epi if they're good at doing that sort of thing where they nip at each other. That includes DF, no feeling of coalignment there.

If SVS is bad, I'm scared. Her early votes weren't good (just like everyone else) and her claim to
be a tone-reader doesn't fit with the llama lynch. I liked his tone. It does, however, explain the townread of Epi through day 4. Epi's had a good tone most of the game, with Day 5 wrecking that for me and drowning me in question marks.
If there's one baddie on the DF lynch day 3, trying to hide among the townies, it literally has to
be SVS. Otherwise that is a fully-town lynch.

SVS's votes:
1. Llama
2. NotSawyer
3. DF
4. DF

Epignosis
---------
If Epi is good, then neat. He's had a good vibe most of the game, despite his votes. Despite some of his post, he hasn't been playing ideal scum this past day in my opinion. More wine on that.
I could see him aligned with SVS or Dom. One of these isn't likely.

Posts with Epi defending himself seem genuine, yet hostile and fear-mongering. Not sure how to feel about that.

If Epi is bad: "You're a civilian. The best thing you can do is keep fighting to get the win for the person you just lynched." This is something he said. He also later said that Dom and Sorsha don't deserve the win, so whatever. Inconsistency much?
The votes are bad. He admitted it.
Epi's made some remarkable un-town posts near end-game, which are either a symptom of scumminess or frustration. However, I don't expect Epi to be that way as scum, so wine on that.
He keeps pledging to follow other people's votes. Feels like a way to avoid culpability.

Epi's votes:
1. speedchuck
2. nutella
3. SVS
4. speedchuck
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Culpability doesn't matter at this stage. Getting it right does.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote:Culpability doesn't matter at this stage. Getting it right does.
Fair point. Similar to one I made earlier. I'll see if I can find it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: Lost Again Mafia (Season 3) - Day 4

Post by speedchuck »

speedchuck wrote:Epi:
I'm willing to forgive Epi's place on my wagon. I've been crap this game. Don't really like the way he avoided responsibility for the vote by promising the bandwagon on G-Man, but at the same time, if I die, it's game over. If Epi were mafia, he'd know who the townies are, and at the point in the game, responsibility for mislynches doesn't matter.

The way DF agreed to follow onto the three-man wagon makes Epi look... better? I'd expect distancing from Epi if he were scum, buddying if her were town. Wine on that one.

The constant dislike of DF's lynch was iffy, but only because of the result. If she was a different, more unfair bullcrap type role, then Epi would've been right.
Of course, where I come from, Lynchproofs are considered bad game design, so I can't judge that one for sure. I could talk about why, but it isn't relevant to the game at hand.

The back and forth with SVS is weird. It's so focused on meta that I can't make heads or tails of it. If anyone else can, please do.
There it is.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Dom »

speedchuck wrote:That last line of my post does, actually.
It actually doesn't/
speedchuck wrote:I thought about something and came back:
speedchuck wrote:
Marmot wrote:And for my next trick, I'll do a Sockface impersonation.
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
FZ.

DrWilgy
Elohcin
insertnamehere
JaggedJimmyJay
Long Con
Luke11646
MovingPictures07
speedchuck

nutella
Does the order of the yellows matter?
This is a quote from Currents Mafia, Dom, a towngame of mine.

Dom, I'm voting you because, FMPOV, it's either you and Epi, you and Sorsha, or Sorsha and Epi. If Epi is really the player he says he is (and if not I have a whole day to change), then he is not teamed with sorsha. That leaves...
Let's see why...
If Epi is who he says he is, then he isn't teamed with Sorsha. That leaves:
Dom and Sorsha
Epi and Dom
In your view.
So why vote Dom?
It doesn't really add up because you skipped the part of the logic where you decided I'm the biggest threat of the three. Tha'ts because you don't have any logic to get you there.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Dom »

speedchuck wrote:DOM
---
If Dom is bad, he may have known that DF would have a momentary fake flip, and have planned a towny-looking response. I'm not sure what was with the fake flip. It also makes sense that he dropped in, tried not to lynch DF, and saw that voting me would end in a tie OR Epi/SVS told him not to make a tie in scumchat. Sorsha wasn't here, I don't think.

For some reason, about halfway through the game, Dom stopped being as coherent, with his writing style AND with his post content. He's perfectly coherent still in other games. I'm not sure why he's throwing people off like that, but it's probably indicative of something.

If Dom is good, he's putting in low effort and hopting we take up the slack. His response to DF's fake flip was genuine, despite that the game should have ended there if it was so. Since the Mass Effect mafia game started, he's been throwing little bits into the thread when he can, giveing Mass Effect priority. Just little bits of spam thoughts and reads.

Dom's votes:
1. none
2. Nutella
3. Nutella
4. DF

Absent D1, sticks to his guns on D2 and 3, already discussed D4.
Let's examine this, in particular that enlarged line.

If My teammate was DFaraday, why the hell wouldn't I just vote speedchuck and have the lynch be randomized between the people that voted for the two of them? If I have one other teammate, then the odds are much lower that one of us die? Why wouldn't I do that? If a civ was lynched, my team would be all but set to win. Anyone who has been a team with me knows that I don't wait around for my BTSC to tell me what to do either.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dom wrote: If Epi is who he says he is, then he isn't teamed with Sorsha. That leaves:
Dom and Sorsha
Epi and Dom
In your view.
So why vote Dom?
It doesn't really add up because you skipped the part of the logic where you decided I'm the biggest threat of the three. Tha'ts because you don't have any logic to get you there.
Threat? I don't care who the biggest threat is. You all have one nightkill. As you say, I have:

Dom and Sorsha
Epi and Dom

If Dom is on both lists, then he has a higher chance of being scum that Sorsha or Epi. It's not about threat. It's about hitting probable scum.
Every scum is an equal threat to the town. They have one kill, and one vote. I have one vote.

linki:
If you did force the tie, there was 3/8 chance that scum dies. 1/4 chance that the death was scum and NOT df, outing a lot of information and giving town another free lynch.
Why would a scum person play with those odds rather than lynching DF and putting themselves in an excellent endgame position?

To be fair, what I and you would do in that position may be quite different. I'd have offed DF unless I could coordinate with other scum to break the tie. I wouldn't have tied it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

7 hours remaining.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Last minute change in today's plans:

I'm going to be out of town. I'll be around to phone post but it won't be much. Apologies in advance but I'll still contribute as much as possible.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Welp.

Sorsha hasn't been here in three days. If she doesn't come back (and if she's town), we need literally every remaining townie to get together and vote this MYLO. If she's scum, then I guess that makes things better and worse.
Feeling pretty bad about this, not gonna lie.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MP, I know you aren't here, and are kinda the lynchpin of town's hopes and dreams. (at least for me :keys: )

But your vote is on me, and it's going to lose us the game. Allow me to appeal to my own meta.

Non-town:
Phenon Mafia - lasted till endgame
Ghetto Gardening Mafia - Lasted till cornered by a solved game at the end. Last mafia alive.
CYOMRCGTG Mafia- Lasted till cornered by a solved game at the end. Last mafia alive.
Credithunt - Last surviving mafia. I won. Was hardly suspected at any point.

In all of my non-town games, whether I won or lost at the end, I was considered very, VERY towny. The whole time. Either something mechanically condemned me by the end, or I won. (Or Phenon happened, but to be fair, that was as close as could be)

Vanilla town/functionally vanilla:
Currents mafia - lasted until after I got townfirmed, then killed
Themefia - lasted till the end, died on the final lynch to lose the game
FTL Mafia - Daykilled on D3
Adventure Mafia - Survived in a town win.
Winefia- Was a town item-seeker/lynchcontroller that was never able to activate - lynched D4
Frozen Hearts mafia - town messenger - lynched D2

Not once killed by the mafia (except for my currents townfirm, which was caused by me being sketchy). Why? Because I suck as vanilla town. I'm always one step ahead of being lynched, and either I survive the game by the skin of my teeth, being a target mafia doesn't want to kill, or I get lynched or shot by town.

Town Power Role:
Prettiest Princess mafia: Was cop. Lived and won on D2 (small game)
Terminal 13 Mafia - Was scientist. Got four different anti-alignment checks. Died N4.
Tiny Barbie Hunt - Was basically cop. Died N2.
Dersehunt Intermission - Died N1.
Traffic Jam Mafia - Town Chauffer - lynched D5
City Slickers Mafia - Vengeful Item-seeker - Killed N5

As a power-role, I'm usually able to use my information to keep me alive until the mafia catch wind of it.

So anyways: I'm ok at town. I'm decently good at mafia. I'm terrible at vanilla town, and it serves me well for survival.
If I was scum, I'd be up with SVS in reads most likely. I'd have good targets, good posts, and I'd know where to put my vote right now. But no, I'm vanilla town. I have NOTHING. And I don't want this game to end like Themefia did for me.

There's my meta, though a bit over-simplified, for the past 3.5 years. I hope to God that I won't lose this game for town.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Switching to Sorsha for now.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I got stuck late at work.

Speedchuck, you are doing a super job of being sincere. I am having a hard time thinking you could be bad.

So at this time I am gonna vote for Sorsha, becasue I honestly don't think Epi or Dom are bad. If one of them is, it is more likely to be Dom, though. But I feel better about him than about Sorsha, I guess.

So I am gonna vote now, after I walk the dog I will eat in front of the computer.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I'll be back around deadline. Switching to Sorsha.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”