Golden (nons etc)
62%

Total votes: 13
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 114

Re: Lost Again Mafia (Season 3) - Day 5

Post by speedchuck »

I don't know what to say to that. Well played.

I'm voting Dom.

It shouldn't be hard to understand why, given my thought process in my last few posts. It's not OMGUS. I'm going to bed. I'll be around tomorrow. Hopefully for more discussion. :offtobed:
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Dom »

why
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I thought about something and came back:
speedchuck wrote:
Marmot wrote:And for my next trick, I'll do a Sockface impersonation.
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
FZ.

DrWilgy
Elohcin
insertnamehere
JaggedJimmyJay
Long Con
Luke11646
MovingPictures07
speedchuck

nutella
Does the order of the yellows matter?
This is a quote from Currents Mafia, Dom, a towngame of mine.

Dom, I'm voting you because, FMPOV, it's either you and Epi, you and Sorsha, or Sorsha and Epi. If Epi is really the player he says he is (and if not I have a whole day to change), then he is not teamed with sorsha. That leaves...
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Dom »

that doesn't logically lead you to lynch me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

That last line of my post does, actually.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 77
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm voting Epignosis. I implore every other member of the town to do the same.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis clearly doesn't give a fuck who goes as long as it's not him. He's not town.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I also don't trust any of you all as far as I can throw you, but I don't think lynching the less-than-active Dom or Sorsha is the way to go. I see nothing in Sorsha's post history that seems that scummy, and I don't like how speedchuck is behaving this phase.

I'm considering all of you, but I still think it's Epi and speedchuck. Just look at the way they've interacted with DF and each other all game.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 123

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Epignosis clearly doesn't give a fuck who goes as long as it's not him. He's not town.
Congrats on the loss.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Epignosis clearly doesn't give a fuck who goes as long as it's not him. He's not town.
Congrats on the loss.
Or the win. I really don't know.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I also don't trust any of you all as far as I can throw you, but I don't think lynching the less-than-active Dom or Sorsha is the way to go. I see nothing in Sorsha's post history that seems that scummy, and I don't like how speedchuck is behaving this phase.

I'm considering all of you, but I still think it's Epi and speedchuck. Just look at the way they've interacted with DF and each other all game.
The object of the game for mafia is to not "seem scummy." She doesn't have anything that "seems scummy" because she doesn't have anything.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

That said, I feel less comfortable with my suspicion of speedchuck. I feel pretty damn sure Epi is bad news.
Epignosis wrote:Frankly, if you're bad speed, I'm cool with you winning. Sorsha and Dom aren't doing shit. It'll be yet another mark on The Syndicate where civilians do absolutely nothing and lose for other people.

Hopefully they're bad though.
No member of the town would ever say this. If you're invested in your team's win, you realize that if other players aren't playing then that's just an obstacle you have to overcome and sort those players to the best of your ability, just like anyone else. You wouldn't ever be "OK" with someone else winning just because town may have two inactive members.

If I've only been in this game for a cycle and I already feel invested enough to want to work really hard to win this game for town.

I also find the post to be TMI. It reads as if Epi knows that Dom and Sorsha are town. speedchuck had a similar TMI post that I pointed out in his ISO regarding notsawyer and nutella.

All of that said, I wish S~V~S would get her head in this game, because her lackluster performance this Day has me tinfoiling her hard.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
Congrats on the loss.
Seriously, quit it with the emotional manipulation. Another reason I think you're bad.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I also don't trust any of you all as far as I can throw you, but I don't think lynching the less-than-active Dom or Sorsha is the way to go. I see nothing in Sorsha's post history that seems that scummy, and I don't like how speedchuck is behaving this phase.

The object of the game for mafia is to not "seem scummy." She doesn't have anything that "seems scummy" because she doesn't have anything.
You are so fucking bad.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I gave a full ISO of Sorsha on the other page. I analyzed her voting history. There's enough there to at least try to analyze here, and I don't think she's bad. But if she is bad, we can figure it out after we lynch someone else who's been more involved. Fuck this voting inactives shit. That's a cop-out right now, Epi, and it's so indicative of your entire attitude all game: You've gone after everyone when it was convenient to do so. You're not going after anyone with an attempt to sort them.

You're bad. Let's lynch Epi NOW.
notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by notsawyer540 »

Hopefully this isn't too on-topic for a dead person, but what does MP mean by TMI? I thought "too much information," but it doesn't make sense in that context. I'm still getting used to these mafia acronyms.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

You are so fucking bad.
You are so fucking wrong.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I gave a full ISO of Sorsha on the other page. I analyzed her voting history. There's enough there to at least try to analyze here, and I don't think she's bad. But if she is bad, we can figure it out after we lynch someone else who's been more involved. Fuck this voting inactives shit. That's a cop-out right now, Epi, and it's so indicative of your entire attitude all game: You've gone after everyone when it was convenient to do so. You're not going after anyone with an attempt to sort them.

Took all of two minutes, didn't it?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
Epignosis wrote:In the meantime, speedchuck- why are you voting me when your belief is that Sorsha is bad too and I'm throwing her under the bus?
If I vote sorsha, and she does happen to be your scummate:
Sorsha dies.
MP dies.

You easily glide to a speedchuck lynch without MP here.
Town loses.

It's also quite possible, as per your defense and MP's scumreads, that I'm wrong about Dom, that he is your teammate, and you are defending him.
Basically, I consider the Epi/Sorsha and Epi/Dom worlds to be more likely than the Sorsha/Dom. I think. I'm still prone to switching.
Again, I like you because you are talking.

Let's not vote each other. I'm not bad. I think you are, but I'm willing to lynch someone else before you.

If you aren't bad, then it would make sense to consider someone other than me.
This is not town-motivated thinking at all.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I gave a full ISO of Sorsha on the other page. I analyzed her voting history. There's enough there to at least try to analyze here, and I don't think she's bad. But if she is bad, we can figure it out after we lynch someone else who's been more involved. Fuck this voting inactives shit. That's a cop-out right now, Epi, and it's so indicative of your entire attitude all game: You've gone after everyone when it was convenient to do so. You're not going after anyone with an attempt to sort them.

It doesn't matter how long it took me.

If you wanted to crusade against inactives, you should have done it before a critical LYLO stage in the game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Explain to me, Epi, how it makes sense to go with a shot in the dark with Sorsha then (since you seem to think that's what she is) OVER the person you just said above "I think you're bad, but you're talking, so whatever".

Bullshit.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

If you wanted to crusade against inactives, you should have done it before a critical LYLO stage in the game.
It's not a crusade against inactives. There's one inactive. If you vote me out, and Sorsha is bad, you have handed the win to somebody who didn't even friggin play. That's going to be on you.

You going to eat a hat if you're wrong again? :mafia:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Explain to me, Epi, how it makes sense to go with a shot in the dark with Sorsha then (since you seem to think that's what she is) OVER the person you just said above "I think you're bad, but you're talking, so whatever".

Bullshit.
See above.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

It's not a crusade against inactives. There's one inactive. If you vote me out, and Sorsha is bad, you have handed the win to somebody who didn't even friggin play. That's going to be on you.

You going to eat a hat if you're wrong again? :mafia:
It's not on me, there you go with the emotional manipulation again. It's on you for playing like ass all game. At least I'm trying.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Seriously Epi, stop preemptively blaming me. You're being a real something right now and it's pissing me off.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

This is just like what you did earlier when you argued with G-Man, who was confirmed fucking town I might add, for seemingly no reason to sort anyone out. You keep pushing back against me using emotional manipulative statements saying "you're going to lose it all for town hurrr de durrr". That's scummy ass behavior.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Seriously Epi, stop preemptively blaming me. You're being a real something right now and it's pissing me off.
Then lay off me and lynch somebody who is bad. Don't call my game "ass" when you are sucking ass right now yourself coming for me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I cannot fathom any member of the town just going "ehhh whatever, I don't care, I just don't want to lose to the inactive scum" at this point in the game. Not even Epi.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:This is just like what you did earlier when you argued with G-Man, who was confirmed fucking town I might add, for seemingly no reason to sort anyone out. You keep pushing back against me using emotional manipulative statements saying "you're going to lose it all for town hurrr de durrr". That's scummy ass behavior.
I don't care what behavior it is. You come in here all high and mighty and want to lynch me over someone with 19 posts?

Fuck out of here.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I cannot fathom any member of the town just going "ehhh whatever, I don't care, I just don't want to lose to the inactive scum" at this point in the game. Not even Epi.
Fathom it, bitches.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Seriously Epi, stop preemptively blaming me. You're being a real something right now and it's pissing me off.
Then lay off me and lynch somebody who is bad. Don't call my game "ass" when you are sucking ass right now yourself coming for me.
THEN STOP BLAMING ME FOR EVERYTHING. I've come in here and was nice enough to replace. I performed all of that work trying to sort everyone out. You're not even doing anything. Your game is ass and has been all game. Deal with it.
notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by notsawyer540 »

Can dead people eat popcorn?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
THEN STOP BLAMING ME FOR EVERYTHING. I've come in here and was nice enough to replace. I performed all of that work trying to sort everyone out. You're not even doing anything. Your game is ass and has been all game. Deal with it.
I will blame you if you lead a lynch on me. That's not for EVERYTHING OMG!!!!!!!!1!!!!!

Just for blowing my perfect streak in LOST Again games.

I don't care that you were nice enough to replace.

I'm not even doing anything. :rolleyes:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:This is just like what you did earlier when you argued with G-Man, who was confirmed fucking town I might add, for seemingly no reason to sort anyone out. You keep pushing back against me using emotional manipulative statements saying "you're going to lose it all for town hurrr de durrr". That's scummy ass behavior.
I don't care what behavior it is. You come in here all high and mighty and want to lynch me over someone with 19 posts?

Fuck out of here.
Yes, I do, because I've pointed out PLENTY of interpretations of your posts and behavior that make you seem real damn bad. Sorsha doesn't have that. She's a player just like everyone else; if she has just 19 posts, then she has just 19 posts. They have content in them too to be analyzed.

You just can't stand the fact that I find you more suspicious than someone who didn't play the game. Get over it. You're suspicious.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Fuck out of here.
Yes, I do, because I've pointed out PLENTY of interpretations of your posts and behavior that make you seem real damn bad. Sorsha doesn't have that. She's a player just like everyone else; if she has just 19 posts, then she has just 19 posts. They have content in them too to be analyzed.

You just can't stand the fact that I find you more suspicious than someone who didn't play the game. Get over it. You're suspicious.
Sorsha doesn't have that because she doesn't have anything.

I don't care if I'm suspicious. I'm not bad.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

If you're really not bad, then why don't you give a fuck to lynch the one person you said you think is bad, i.e., speedchuck?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm done engaging with you. You've made up your mind. You're wrong. If you are a civilian, you will lose (again) in Lost (again).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

In no universe does it make sense to lynch the unknown entity over someone you actively think is bad at this stage in the game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:I'm done engaging with you. You've made up your mind. You're wrong. If you are a civilian, you will lose (again) in Lost (again).
I haven't made up my mind; I'm still considering everyone. You just look the worst, and I have to decide whether that's because you're actually bad or not, and so I'm trying to do that.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote:MP, you've got a rather strong suspicion of Epi going on. Is any of that due to metaread? If so, could you explain?
In more certain terms, is avoiding the definitely-scum-DF lynch and trying to find a different scummate instead of DF at friggin MYLO something Epi would be prone to do?
Sorry, I forgot to answer this. I wouldn't say any of it is due to a metaread; Epi is one of the hardest players to metaread. I'm just going based off of what I perceive Epi's actions to be in this game.

And anything is what Epi could be prone to do; he'll do anything. So I prefer not to read into that chunk of WIFOM and instead take it at face value.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote:Right, so I'll keep my defense short and then get to rereading Epi.

My defense is nothing. I had a really crappy first 3.5 days. Not gonna go and appeal to RL reasons or anything. I've barely read days 2 and 3, day one was a pile of roleplay meaninglessness, and I simply popped into the thread occasionally and popped some immediate gut reads based on the last 10/20 posts. Perhaps it was worse than useless. I've got no defense for it. Good luck pulling an actual agenda out of it, though.

Thought process on votes is likewise terrible.
D1: Had a strong feeling Llama was town. Voted on the train that wasn't him. Felt kinda guilty for pulling attention to him, even.
D2: Barely popped in. Between NotSawyer and Nutella? An easy choice.
D3: I honestly popped a vote on Quin (now you) to see if it would work. I thought the mod might change the poll. Unfortunately, I wasn't around at dayend to change it. No excuses. It's crap.
D4: Based on your role-flip, game suspicions, and DF's survival, I was positive they were scum. Anything that allows a player to survive two lynches in a game, in any way, would be broken. That lynch should have been guaranteed. Crazy (to me) that I even got close to rivaling it.

D1 and D4 should give pause to me being aligned with DF, if only slightly, but you can work through that. You can also look at my vanilla town meta, vs my non-town meta, if that helps. Really though, neither applies.
I've had a crappy few days. I'm gonna try and step my game up so I don't lose it for you guys.
I'm still struggling with your thought process on D1, speedchuck. What gave you a strong feeling about Llama being town? I don't see it in your posts.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

:ponder:

I'm switching to speedchuck.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I tell you what, MP.

For better or worse, I'll do the same thing I did with G-Man. I don't think you are mafia, and I know I'm not, so this is a safe(r) approach. I will put my vote wherever you do (provided of course it's not on me). That makes your vote worth two. And if we're wrong today
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:I tell you what, MP.

For better or worse, I'll do the same thing I did with G-Man. I don't think you are mafia, and I know I'm not, so this is a safe(r) approach. I will put my vote wherever you do (provided of course it's not on me). That makes your vote worth two. And if we're wrong today
:omg:

Why would you do this?

Also how can you not think I'm mafia? Am I not confirmed? :p
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You are not confirmed, but given the ratio of previous installments (two civilian power roles vs. one mafia power role), I'd say it's highly unlikely you are bad.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:You are not confirmed, but given the ratio of previous installments (two civilian power roles vs. one mafia power role), I'd say it's highly unlikely you are bad.
Oh, was my alignment not confirmed when Quin's first role card flipped? I didn't even check, I just assumed it was. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

If you don't think S~V~S or Dom is mafia either, why offer it to me?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:You are not confirmed, but given the ratio of previous installments (two civilian power roles vs. one mafia power role), I'd say it's highly unlikely you are bad.
Oh, was my alignment not confirmed when Quin's first role card flipped? I didn't even check, I just assumed it was. :p
Well, the post said Quin was a vanilla civilian, so I'm taking things with a grain of salt here. :p
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:If you don't think S~V~S or Dom is mafia either, why offer it to me?
I'm more confident in you than in them.

Confident in your alignment, not your ability. :meany:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epi, can you walk me through your thought process a bit more on your voting history? I can read what you've thrown down, but I'm not sure I understand the progression.

Return to “Previous Heists”