Dan Cody (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
43%

Total votes: 7
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 17

Re: The Great Gatsby [Day 5]

Post by Ricochet »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:53 pm Man. I'm so over apathetic civs. I feel like I busted my butt this game and was all alone in it.

Congrats mafia, boom mostly. Why did you kill blooper night 2?
Sorry for the civs who tried - you, speedchuck who did well to bust me. It was entertaining, though, to see things get gradually easier for us - that idea of attempting a tie on Made vs Neverwhere (a complete no-shower) while expecting Made to not break it in self-defense made little sense (plus Wilgy would have broken it the wrong way for you, anyway), today's lynch nowhere near threatening for us. It happens, c'est la vie.

Our chat space, if interested: https://discord.gg/DRXRUA

I think we proceeded to kill each night the civilian we considered to have too much civ cred - or rather little prospect of being brought up as a suspect - into the next phase. I'd say that's the same for ninja as it was for speed before her, or Dom or LC afterwards. Not too shabby that we got some roles out of the way fast, too.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DrWilgy »

I realized that Boom was bad when LC died.

LC's a civ whos semi vocal and voicing a distrust of me? They died? Boom immediately tries to follow up that dead suspicion as if it was his own without mentioning LC was the one to raise this suspicion? Boom Started to scramble and swapped suspicion over to tsp as soon as the opportunity arose?

I was just hoping you were bad with him Eloh I couldn't tell.

Made or TSP being his teammate was a coinflip.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

LC died because on that night we said "which two civs are least likely on D5 to turn against each other". Answer was LC and Eloh. And look at that, D5 then ended with the civs voting each other.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'd be interested to see the win rate for civilian factions in 4.5 cycle games that end with fewer than 300 posts. This game saw about 65 posts made per game cycle (combined day and night) by all players together, and a quarter of that came from Elohcin.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Epignosis »

Wolfsheim:
You fixed the World Series, and you know what else?
You fixed your role rather than let it happen randomly. You are an independent man in search of a “business gonnection.” Many of them, actually. Each Night, you target someone, and you will have one of your associates fix the lynch poll in that person’s favor, making his or her vote worth two. This person will not be made aware of this.
In exchange for this, you will be immune to any Night action against you by this person.
You don’t care about all this foolishness among the young people; you just want business to be good. You win if your living targets outnumber those you did not target by the end.
Oh, and before I forget, you are in charge of any ties whether you are dead or alive, so it would be good of you to submit a list of preferable lynches.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:48 pm I'd be interested to see the win rate for civilian factions in 4.5 cycle games that end with fewer than 300 posts.
There... isn't any other such game.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Not here maybe.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I updated the HoF, not gonna send PMs this time.

Interesting facts:

Epignosis' first heist. Nice to see he experimented with the three power roles, rather than play it conventional.

This is Made's first mafia win. Ever.

This is Wilgy's first indy win. Evah. Guy has 20 wins under his belt now.

This was my first mafia roll [pretty bad timing for it, tho] since Feb 2016 and first mafia win since March 2015. I know I didn't earn it, but shhhh.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Boomslang »

I know I'll never be trusted again after that Blooper kill. But then again, nobody trusts me anyway.
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Boomslang wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:35 am I know I'll never be trusted again after that Blooper kill. But then again, nobody trusts me anyway.
I never figured out why people were using this as a mafia clear as much as they were. I was at coin flip between Eloh and Made for last baddie, but accusing players who can respond could give leads. It's on me for not converting that. This game was lost by all of us townies who weren't Eloh, and I think the last two mafia knew how to convert that well.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

We have a fair amount of couples playing here, so the idea that one player may not be so heartless as to advocate removing his/her life partner (especially right off the bat, i.e. Nights 1 or 2) may sometimes recur. I wouldn't mafia clear anyone based on this argument either, particularly since all these couples can be badass playing as mafia or trying anything while mafia. Tis the point of the game. But fwiw, Boom did not agree to kill Ninja without any heavy heart, but he did agree to its fair logic and proper timing, so that's that.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Epignosis »

I think this game emphasizes how unaccustomed Syndicate regulars are to this kind of setup. The only person to claim anything was Wilgy. It seems forgotten that the secondary objective of vanilla civilians is to draw the Night kill, thereby keeping the civilian power roles in play for as long as possible. In this setup, people were free to make up any role power they wanted to claim.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Ricochet wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:40 pm We have a fair amount of couples playing here, so the idea that one player may not be so heartless as to advocate removing his/her life partner (especially right off the bat, i.e. Nights 1 or 2) may sometimes recur. I wouldn't mafia clear anyone based on this argument either, particularly since all these couples can be badass playing as mafia or trying anything while mafia. Tis the point of the game. But fwiw, Boom did not agree to kill Ninja without any heavy heart, but he did agree to its fair logic and proper timing, so that's that.
Over at the realms friends and family try to kill each other as soon as possible.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 26

Post by speedchuck »

Lol. I helped to give town the best early lead ever and completely blew most of our chances at the same time.

Power roles shouldn't be so aggressive. Congrats to scum.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:46 pm I think this game emphasizes how unaccustomed Syndicate regulars are to this kind of setup. The only person to claim anything was Wilgy. It seems forgotten that the secondary objective of vanilla civilians is to draw the Night kill, thereby keeping the civilian power roles in play for as long as possible. In this setup, people were free to make up any role power they wanted to claim.
I noticed this but figured it was none of my concern.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?

Return to “Previous Heists”