Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

The Search for Quin [END]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The Search for Quin

A game for 10-15 players

~ Closed setup

~ All basic heist guidelines apply, and it will still function as a standard Mafia game. There will be a little mechanical intrigue.

~ Find Quin.

Survivors:

[mention]birdwithteeth11[/mention] - posts / [mention]dunya[/mention] - posts - Vanilla civilian
[mention]Dom[/mention] - posts - Vanilla civilian
[mention]MovingPictures07[/mention] - posts - Vanilla civilian
[mention]NewTraditionalist[/mention] - posts - Vanilla civilian
[mention]Serge[/mention] - posts - Vanilla civilian

Dead:

[mention]Long Con[/mention] - posts - Civilian detective - Lynched on Day 1
[mention]DrWilgy[/mention] - posts - Vanilla civilian - Killed on Night 1
[mention]sanmateo[/mention] - posts - Mafia cover man - Lynched on Day 2
[mention]Epignosis[/mention] - posts - Vanilla civilian - Killed on Night 2
[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] - posts - Vanilla mafioso - Lynched on Day 3
[mention]speedchuck[/mention] - posts - Vanilla civilian - Killed on Night 3
[mention]Sloonei[/mention] - posts - Civilian vote distributor - Lynched on Day 4
[mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] - posts - Vanilla civilian - Killed on Night 4
[mention]nutella[/mention] - posts - Vanilla mafioso - Lynched on Day 5

Rules and guidelines:

Spoiler: show
Voting Rules

1.) Votes are changeable with no limitations.
2.) Voting is not obligatory. There is no requirement to vote in any phase whatsoever. There are participation standards though, which I'll cover separately.
3.) The player who has received the most votes at the deadline shall be lynched.
4.) In the event of a tied vote, the lynched player shall be decided among the tied names at random.
5.) A "no lynch" option will be included each day phase. This option must lead the tally with no ties to be enacted at any time.

Participation Standard

There is no rigid standard for participation; this will be at the host's discretion. All players are expected to make a sincere effort to contribute to the game thread consistently enough that their content can be fairly judged. Non-participation has an adverse effect upon the balance of the game. If I decide a player is not participating enough to facilitate this balance, that player will be replaced. If a replacement cannot be found, there will not be a modkill. A game this small cannot handle modkills without balance being destroyed -- worse than even total quiet. With this in mind I reiterate: it's very important that everyone try to participate. At least a few posts per day are a bare minimum.

Information rules:

1.) Roleclaiming is legal in all forms.
2.) Publicly revealing information gleaned from a role is legal in all forms.

Other:

1.) Respect all guidelines and rules found in The Syndicate's announcements section. Above all else, treat your fellow players with respect -- this is just a game.
2.) BTSC (behind the scenes chatter) is only permitted in host-designated locations. Dead players and Non-players, there will be a Spectator Chat thread, so please make sure you post in the correct thread if you are taking advantage of this function.
3.) No editing or deleting of posts in the game thread.
4.) Dead players should post in the {Dead} Red if they are posting in the game thread. If you do post as a dead player, I insist that you ensure what you say cannot possibly affect the game in any way -- even the most innocuous off-topic things have that potential so please be careful.
5.) Non-Players should similarly post in {Non-Player} Blue if they are posting in the game thread.
6.) Living players wishing to discuss something off-topic should do so in {Off-Topic} Green.
7.) This is the Host Color. I don't actually care if you use it, just don't impersonate me. Cool thanks.
8.) If you ever have any questions about the rules, roles, or setup, please ask me in private. You may ask publicly, but I will only answer publicly if I deem it appropriate.

Game Facilitator:

[mention]Quin[/mention]

If you are feeling frustrated or otherwise bugged and want to talk about it, Quin is your man. Don't think though that you've found him. No, not by a long shot. :noble:

Sample Vanilla Civilian Role Card:

You are a vanilla civilian. You have no special abilities. Win the game by eliminating all threats to your faction and finding Quin.

GAME THREAD IS LOCKED UNTIL I HAVE DISTRIBUTED THE ROLES AND AM READY TO GO. EXPECT AROUND 9-10 PM EST TONIGHT.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate

Re: The Search for Quin [LOCKED Night 0]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Night 0

Australia's finest are on the prowl for one of the most notorious criminals the nation has ever known. It wasn't long ago when Quin -- dashing, adorable Quin -- was just another young man trying to find his way in a confusing adult world. You all knew him well. We listened to the Chinese Restaurant story, we heard about his barbecues, we even knew of his ambitious academic exploits. Nobody could have been prepared for the terror that he would become, but the time for shock is past. Quin must be located and he must be located soon... before he engages in another heinous act against all decency and good will.

The latest reports are very muddy. Callers have reported sightings all over the country; seemingly everyone is on edge about the chance that this maniac could be anywhere nearby. After sorting through the mess, the most promising leads seem to indicate that Quin was recently sighted eating a sausage sandwich.

Find Quin.

The thread will open at 9pm EST.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

SPECIAL QUIN SEARCH RULES:

Every player is permitted to discuss their votes during a Quin Search. It is illegal however to post links from any external website in this game thread unless otherwise declared (ask the host privately if you are unsure), and it is illegal to either directly quote or paraphrase information obtained anywhere other than on The Syndicate. It is also illegal to discuss any search criteria for any search engine.

Do not try to loophole around this or your faction will be punished. Ask me first if you don't know, and do it privately. Thank you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Epignosis »

The last I saw of Quin, he was getting his ass beat in Age of Empires II.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Night 0 has begun and the thread is open. This phase will last 24 hours. Be aware that the Night 0 poll ends a little earlier than 9pm tomorrow.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: The Search for Quin [Night 0]

Post by Tangrowth »

Yay game! :yay:

The "search" concept looks cool. Looking forward to playing with you all. :)
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 44

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Quin is in the title of this thread.

I'll take my cash prize in a lump sum, thanks.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:00 pm The last I saw of Quin, he was getting his ass beat in Age of Empires II.
:haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:05 pm Quin is in the title of this thread.

I'll take my cash prize in a lump sum, thanks.
Should have known someone was going to say this and that it would be you. :p

Good to play with you again, bud, it's been too long. :beer:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

That said, does anyone have any idea what this search function will accomplish? It definitely is intriguing but I'm not sure how it would affect the game or how we are supposed to contemplate making the decision.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I'm voting for Queensland because I have info that it will help the civ cause.

Let's see where that one leads us.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:08 pm I'm voting for Queensland because I have info that it will help the civ cause.

:ponder:

Intrigued. I'll follow you pending further developments, assuming votes are changeable for map votes.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:07 pm That said, does anyone have any idea what this search function will accomplish? It definitely is intriguing but I'm not sure how it would affect the game or how we are supposed to contemplate making the decision.
Not sure. I suppose we will find out once Day 0 ends.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:09 pm
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:08 pm I'm voting for Queensland because I have info that it will help the civ cause.

Intrigued. I'll follow you pending further developments, assuming votes are changeable for map votes.
Confirming that map votes are changeable.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:10 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:09 pm

Confirming that map votes are changeable.
They are.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:10 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:07 pm That said, does anyone have any idea what this search function will accomplish? It definitely is intriguing but I'm not sure how it would affect the game or how we are supposed to contemplate making the decision.
So you're claiming Queensland is beneficial to the town cause but you're not sure how, do I have that right?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:12 pm
So you're claiming Queensland is beneficial to the town cause but you're not sure how, do I have that right?
Yes. I figured I might as well say something since most Day 0 conversations aren't super meaningful and we can have something to go off of early on.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 40
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Hm. I was going to guess NSW just because it's the most populous and thus most statistically likely for Quin to be in I guess? But there's already an info claim. How much do I want to trust that...
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Seriously, Quin was atrocious. I don't even remember what civilization he played.

Fucking archaeologists don't remember what civilization he played, because there was nothing left. :slick:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:13 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:12 pm
Yes. I figured I might as well say something since most Day 0 conversations aren't super meaningful and we can have something to go off of early on.
Makes sense to me, just wanted to clarify.

I'd say in games I've hosted and played where there was a Day 0 poll with information floating around, that information was usually something to the effect of "this option benefits your cause", so your explanation checks out as plausible. It has been a while though since most games around here had information like that, so it's cool to see a resurrection of it of sorts here, assuming you aren't lying.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:13 pm Hm. I was going to guess NSW just because it's the most populous and thus most statistically likely for Quin to be in I guess? But there's already an info claim. How much do I want to trust that...
Why would someone of either alignment fake claim information?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:14 pm Seriously, Quin was atrocious. I don't even remember what civilization he played.

Fucking archaeologists don't remember what civilization he played, because there was nothing left. :slick:
Savage.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:15 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:13 pm Hm. I was going to guess NSW just because it's the most populous and thus most statistically likely for Quin to be in I guess? But there's already an info claim. How much do I want to trust that...
I mean, he could be mafia and pretending the option that benefits his faction benefits the civ cause. :shrug: You might be right though, probably Occam's Razor applies here.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That's not true.

Actually, they found a dear diary entry drenched in tears praying for the deluge of Byzantine Cataphracts and trebuchets to end mercifully.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Quin »

I'm the Moderator on Duty with a fancy new title. Game facilitator? Pfft. Whatever.

If you've got beef with someone, player or host, come talk to me. If you've got a problem with moi, you can shove it. Just don't ask me where I am. It wouldn't help you losers find me anyway.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:17 pm
I mean, he could be mafia and pretending the option that benefits his faction benefits the civ cause. :shrug: You might be right though, probably Occam's Razor applies here.
That's true, but to this day I'm not sure I've ever seen a mafia member make a play like that. It has been a while though since I've witnessed a game with information, and it's plausible that BWT is lying, but for now I think unless we are given reason by someone else or a game mechanic to doubt his claim, he's very likely telling the truth.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Speaking of Age of Empires II, if any of you all are able and interested, I'm starting a game via Steam as we speak.

We also are trying to plan a game for sometime this weekend. Visit the AOE II thread for details/discussion. It would be fantastic to get a substantial group of people participating in any upcoming game.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:19 pm Game facilitator? Pfft. Whatever.
Agreed. In 2002 I wrote my first novel in which I predicted teachers would no longer be called "teachers" but "facilitators" by education "leaders." That came true.

Fuck that. I'm a teacher. I'll facilitate your whiny ass home if you don't learn. And you will learn.

Moderate us Quin. Moderate us. From wherever you are. :srsnod:
sanmateo
The Mark
Posts in topic: 24

Post by sanmateo »

wait what
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DrWilgy »

Hi everyone. Im Quin now.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Quinsland it is then
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sanmateo wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:30 pmwait what
Good to see you again! :D
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 65

Post by speedchuck »

Oh yeah.

My mafia schedule just freed up dramatically. It's on.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:32 pm Hi everyone. Im Quin now.
Sup bud?

Why are you voting Western Australia?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

nutella wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:17 pm
What motivation would I have to lie with the third post in the game? :shrug:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'm not entirely sure I understand the Quin-searching thing, but I'll vote Queensland if that's the thing.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I suspect MP for his gregarious posting.

I suspect LC for his comment above. Does anyone understand the Quin-searching thing? If he doesn't understand it, why is he voting for the trendy choice?

I suspect Quin will get destroyed next time too.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epi's trying too hard. Usually he's bad when he does that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:09 pm Epi's trying too hard. Usually he's bad when he does that.
So I'm normally a lazy civilian?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:10 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:09 pm Epi's trying too hard. Usually he's bad when he does that.
Sorry, not falling for that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:11 pm
Sorry, not falling for that.
Falling for what?

You said I'm trying too hard, and that I'm usually bad when I do that.

I think that's silly.

When I am a civilian, what do I look like?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

You're allowed to think it's silly. I won't try to stop you.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

When I am a civilian, what do I look like?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

"Epi's trying too hard. Usually he's bad when he does that. "

The issue I take with this is that this is untrue, especially lately. When I have been bad lately, I have been lazy as hell.

I want LC to substantiate his claims against me, since he thinks he knows me so well.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Absolutely
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Do you always get what you want?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:03 am Do you always get what you want?
No. Are you trying to win for the civilians or are you trying to save your ass?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Kay just ignore me.
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

As of now, you are getting my Day 1 vote, Long Con. Saying I am "usually" trying too hard when I'm bad show you don't know what I am like when I'm bad at all. You are making things up. Like you usually do when YOU are bad.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I want to hear opinions on me and Long Con. Go.

Return to “Previous Heists”