Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Tbh I think I'll die before I get CFDs.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Pirate Mafia [Day 5]

I want to lynch one of the no lynch people and Bob is the only one I've never read as a civ.

Going to go with him for now.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 121
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

My head is running circles about Bob and his relation to Speedchuck and likelihood of his alignment based on his vote. All WIFOM.

I need more from Bob.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:14 pm I want to lynch one of the no lynch people and Bob is the only one I've never read as a civ.

My current rainbow is

Me
Sig
DDL
Kyle
Bob
Speed

But I won't be joining you on this as long as no lynch is a possibility.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:55 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:59 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:30 pm So let's be productive. Tell me about your vote.
Gut mostly. Also didn't like the voters in Wilgy D1, and quin already turned up town.
Forgive me if I don't think risking the entire game on the gut of a playervwith very little content. DDL also voted Wilgy Day 1.

I know why I suspect Speed more than DDL. I'm not convinced you actually do.
So make a case and hunt then? I'm not asking you to risk the game based on me, and this is a weird way of deflecting doing anything.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention]

Tell me about town reading Kyle and Speedchuck. Are you still townreading either of them?

Btw, Kyle is higher up based on EOD 1. If he's bad, why let MP tie for lynch? Why not cement Wilgy (who was all over him) as lynchee?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:19 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:39 pm I'm treating this like a typical Realms D1. If we end up on no lynch organically, fine. But by assuming it from the start we're missing out on a chance at gathering info.
Thing is, we are beyond the point of gathering info. That ship sailed last day.

It's lynch mafia now, or lynch mafia tomorrow. It's time to decide the game.
But if we decide no lynch from the outset today, we do this all tomorrow with the only change being who mafia kills. And since there's no power roles left we can assume the mafia will kill the townies person.

Alternatively, we hunt today. We may find a consensus on a mafioso, in which case great. We may not, in which caee we're back at scenario 1 but with another day phase of hunting to look over. I just don't see the downside.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

colonialbob wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:22 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:39 pm I'm treating this like a typical Realms D1. If we end up on no lynch organically, fine. But by assuming it from the start we're missing out on a chance at gathering info.

But if we decide no lynch from the outset today, we do this all tomorrow with the only change being who mafia kills. And since there's no power roles left we can assume the mafia will kill the townies person.

Alternatively, we hunt today. We may find a consensus on a mafioso, in which case great. We may not, in which caee we're back at scenario 1 but with another day phase of hunting to look over. I just don't see the downside.
Why are you equating no lynch with no hunting?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]speedchuck[/mention]

I see you. Tell me why you shouldn't be lynched/who is scum.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:29 pm

For the same reason hunting on D1 while saying you aren't going to actually vote for anybody doesn't work. You've got to have the threat to made the words stick.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

colonialbob wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:38 pm

For the same reason hunting on D1 while saying you aren't going to actually vote for anybody doesn't work. You've got to have the threat to made the words stick.
Hunting is about more than threats?

You're still answering my questions, aren't you?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I'm sorry I actually did fuck up. I was right when I thought I should have died. I thought keeping myself alive was beneficial for the group cus of numbers but really having too many civvie numbers is the main problem right now. That's never been the case in any game I've played before. I should have let myself be lynched.

It never even once occurred to me that entering day 6 with too many people would be a problem for any reason. I was not as aware of the math as I should have been, and I fucked it because of that. I will do my best to unfuck it.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Pirate Mafia [NIGHT 1]

speedchuck wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:30 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:46 am
speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:58 pm
If you'll notice, I'm doing the opposite of apologizing. It's hidden in the parenthesis, so I understand if you missed it.
That isn't my point. The point is that you were discussing whether you were feeling bad or not about Wilgy's flip even though he hadn't flipped yet.

Granted a lot of people did that and some of them are probably civ. But yours called the most of my attention, specially since you voted for him.
Let's put it this way, taking MP as an example. Let's say I was 30% on Wilgy being scum, and 40% on MP. Who should I have voted for?

Most people would say MP. Maybe they would be right. I voted Wilgy. Why?
Because town loses a lot more with a town MP lynch than a town wilgy lynch. Because Wilgy was acting in a way that I practically policy-lynch over. Because Wilgy isn't going to get easier to read as days go on, as MP will, and I might as well get him out of the way early.

I think Wilgy caught on to that he wasn't technically my biggest scumread at the time, and was aggravated that I voted him. So I (didn't) apologize. Granted, I was hyped up on self-righteous irritation, but that's where I was. :shrug2:

If you'll recall, not only had wilgy not flipped, but I didn't know at that point who had even been lynched.

So I wouldn't say that I was feeling good or bad about Wilgy's flip, per se. I was discussing how I felt about his possible lynch, and my decision to vote him. And I felt pretty good about it.
Scummy.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]Kylemii[/mention]

Who is bad?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:52 pm

Yes, and it's really getting us places, isn't it? :grin:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I wasn't really even aware of the concept of Lylo or Mylo. I didn't know that you as a thing, because it never was a thing. In the games I'm used to it's never actually over until it's over, because of role powers and multiple other strategic variables.

which is why it's actually really weird to me that it didn't occur to speedchuck in any of his strategy based arguments about why I shouldn't let myself get lynched
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:03 pm I wasn't really even aware of the concept of Lylo or Mylo. I didn't know that you as a thing, because it never was a thing. In the games I'm used to it's never actually over until it's over, because of role powers and multiple other strategic variables.

which is why it's actually really weird to me that it didn't occur to speedchuck in any of his strategy based arguments about why I shouldn't let myself get lynched
Indeed!

I but you as a townie voting no lynch yesterday.

I have a hard time seeing good Speed or good Bob doing so.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

*buy you as a townie
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

colonialbob wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:00 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:52 pm

Yes, and it's really getting us places, isn't it? :grin:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:58 pm @Kylemii

Who is bad?
If I had to put money on it right now at this moment I'd say Speedchuck is probably one..... Idk who else... ._.

I need to review some things
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Inb4 wolves are Jack and Sig.

Also @sig where are you? Come to the playground.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:33 am Inb4 wolves are Jack and Sig.

Also @sig where are you? Come to the playground.
Lol I would love to replace in to a game like this with Sig as my scumbuddy.

I checked the thread this morning and for some reason (this happens a lot), I managed to logout between the "check your posts" page and actually being on the pirate mafia page. So when the pirate mafia page loads, the votes are locked...cause I can't vote cause I'm not logged in. So I'm thinking the poll already ended and we're gonna get a dice roll to determine the game.

:puppy: :phew:
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Working now, but will make time this afternoon to do some ISOs and give reads and thoughts. I realize my seat has basically no content before me, and not a ton since then either.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 122

Post by speedchuck »

Sorry guys, I've been sick and it's sapping a lot of my motivation. I've only got one question to answer, it looks like, and I'll answer that in my next post.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:34 pm @speedchuck

I see you. Tell me why you shouldn't be lynched/who is scum.
I'll give you my gut reads before any back-research, having just read the past couple of pages and been skimming while sick.

speedchuck - the best guy

Dragon D. Luffy - DDL feels too comfortable to be scum. Strong gutread.
Buuuuutt.... This past day's content has not looked that great on him. DDL was a strong town presence, and I don't like how easily he passed the baton to jack. That says more about DDL being willing to let others self-destruct than it says about Jack. He's turned defensive and passive.
Jackofhearts2005 - Good content and pushing since D5 started, especially for no lynch. Feel like scum would be happy to let the game sit/go for mislynch for insta win. Could just be super high effort, but feels pretty genuine.
But inactive slot.
Kylemii - I'm not going to lay any blame here for being tricked into mathematical no-lynch. I was confused, stupid, inconsistent. I do recommend reading the context, though.
Kyle has been consistently earnest and also nearly consistently inconsistent on the wrong side of things. For example, this no-lynch. After the fact, he says that DDL and me are his biggest suspects. That makes zero sense with his actions. I suggested we change the lynch, but not go to DDL. Someone who suspected me would have ignored my suggestions and seen it as stronger evidence that I was 'saving' DDL (Though I could have just left things on Kyle). You don't follow the suggestion of one of your suspects to change your plans and also save your other suspect.
So like I said. Earnest, but making some very confusing choices that are contradictory and scum beneficial.
Got that one MP vote going for him too.
sig - Convenient time to coast, right? I had a very light townread on Sig in the early days, and was content with that. Apparently Sig was as well.
colonialbob - if one of the no-show/replacements this game was a scummer, this is my pick. I think it's likely, and neither occupant of the slot has done anything to give me a townread. At MYLO, it's easy for scum to phone it in, especially with low effort townies like sick!me.
Also don't like the way that the slot is treating the no lynch. Could be other-site weirdness, could be a ploy to accidentally leave too many votes awry. Giving that one a 50-50.

Color coded for convenience, but I'm not so sure of my readlist anymore.

As for your first question, jack, I make it a habit not to defend myself too much. Once I've given my actions a bit of explanation, I feel my efforts are better focused on scumhunting. If I am town, it will become apparent, or I'll need to up my town play. No excuses or strong regrets offered.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm not passing the button to Jack. He's just posting more than me. My post count this day has been higher than in all other days except D1.

I'm still doing my own thing.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MovingPictures07 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:58 pm Legacy read scum team is LC, Daisy, and maybe dunya or maybe an inactive
Seems MP was not attempting to distance at all.

Leads me to believe his Kyle attacks are opportunistic, not distancing. More reason to lean Town on Kyle.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Not really relevant but what is "player salad?"
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

NewTraditionalist wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:14 pm Shiver me timbers, mateys. The 3 sided coin decided the 1st days splinterfoot. I wasn't able to see any of yas as surely bad but hopefully that changes.

my only read so far:

Kylemii = good (for being concerned re: distracted driving...how can that be a scum poster?)

I hope to dodge the flintlock this evening and see all of you with the sunrise.
^Rare BobTraditionalist content. Not really helpful atm but maybe later.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:07 pm Kylemii - I'm not going to lay any blame here for being tricked into mathematical no-lynch. I was confused, stupid, inconsistent. I do recommend reading the context, though.
Kyle has been consistently earnest and also nearly consistently inconsistent on the wrong side of things. For example, this no-lynch. After the fact, he says that DDL and me are his biggest suspects. That makes zero sense with his actions. I suggested we change the lynch, but not go to DDL. Someone who suspected me would have ignored my suggestions and seen it as stronger evidence that I was 'saving' DDL (Though I could have just left things on Kyle). You don't follow the suggestion of one of your suspects to change your plans and also save your other suspect.
So like I said. Earnest, but making some very confusing choices that are contradictory and scum beneficial.
But that's wrong. I suspected you or DDL, not you and DDL.

You've been defending and praising DDL for most of the game in a way that would put him or you as a clear suspect if one of you were lynched, so I think it's more likely that not-both of you are bad. Either neither or just one, but not both.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:46 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:26 pm GTH Exercise -- Night 1 -- Results

Alright folks, here are the results from the GTH exercise.
Worth noting. Not sure what to do with this but here it is.
Okay so I found a thing to do with this.

At the time of Daisy stopping a kill (Night 1), her town reads were: Kyle, LC, NT(Bob), Sig, SG(Jack)

Kyle had just placed a vote on MP. He looked to be not contributing much and have received some flak, largely from MP himself. Yet, a few posts before the night, MP was not pushing Kyle as scum and some of Kyle's stuff seemed pretty genuine. Possible this was a successful doctoring.

Bob's slot and mine were unlikely targets.

LC had been on MP's butt. Lynching Wilgy and shooting LC would have likely made MP look extra bad. Plus, not worth doing with all the scum reads, here. LC was the most townreading player, though, and would have made a decent kill/doc target.

Sig was a bit in the weeds, voting alone D1. Like LC, very townreading and a pretty good kill/doc target.

Conclusion: This doesn't move the needle much for me but it makes Sig and Kyle look slightly better, esp Sig...which isn't that helpful.

Will watch for indication of Daisy strongly town reading one of these five slots later in the game.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Reminder there is a good chance Daisy protected someone who is already dead.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

I had moved Kyle into townie read status, but d3/n3 moves him back down. Don't like the "throw down a vote and come back hour before EOD" bit. Perhaps that's more common here?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:33 pm I had moved Kyle into townie read status, but d3/n3 moves him back down. Don't like the "throw down a vote and come back hour before EOD" bit. Perhaps that's more common here?
I'm not even from here.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:36 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:33 pm I had moved Kyle into townie read status, but d3/n3 moves him back down. Don't like the "throw down a vote and come back hour before EOD" bit. Perhaps that's more common here?
I'm not even from here.
I mean more specifically my mafia play patterns and habits were born in a different ecosystem than the currently active one.

But also I think a large part of the reason I left was that I used to hyperfocus on mafia to the point that it would stress me out. I've been resolving to take breaks and do other things more often so it doesn't ever get to that point.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:14 pm I want to lynch one of the no lynch people and Bob is the only one I've never read as a civ.

I'm actually a little curious about this. What are you doing?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] okay I meant to elaborate on that before pressing send

My question is why adopt such a lax attitude
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:21 pm @Dragon D. Luffy

Tell me about town reading Kyle and Speedchuck. Are you still townreading either of them?

Btw, Kyle is higher up based on EOD 1. If he's bad, why let MP tie for lynch? Why not cement Wilgy (who was all over him) as lynchee?
I've been townreading Speed because I thought the way he was defending me when no one else was felt genuine.

I'm more torn up on Kyle... dunno how to read him. But I liked his defense against the no lynch thing, and I still think he looks better than the other two because of self defense.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:53 pm @Dragon D. Luffy okay I meant to elaborate on that before pressing send

What lax attitude?

I picked a criterium for lynching and i'm using it.

I think that no lynch was the most anti-town event to happen in the entire game so I'm betting there is a baddie among those who did it.

And bob hasn't done much all game so I'm fine with this lynch.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:02 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:07 pm Kylemii - I'm not going to lay any blame here for being tricked into mathematical no-lynch. I was confused, stupid, inconsistent. I do recommend reading the context, though.
Ah, that makes . . . slightly more sense.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:06 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:53 pm @Dragon D. Luffy okay I meant to elaborate on that before pressing send

What lax attitude?

I think that no lynch was the most anti-town event to happen in the entire game so I'm betting there is a baddie among those who did it.

Are you 'fine' with staking the entire game on it? If bob is town, it's game over.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

What lax attitude?

That covers most of what I'm talking about but "fine with his lynch" doesn't seem like enough conviction for this critical point in the game

But then again it's not like you just voted and scampered off your still here with us so the point is a little bit moot
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

What lax attitude?

I get what you're saying, but I also haven't been here all game, and I contributed just as much content last day phase as anybody else did. It's difficult to catch up on a 30-page thread full of people you don't know and offer good content when basically nobody else is posting.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:28 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:02 pm
Ah, that makes . . . slightly more sense.

What lax attitude?

Are you 'fine' with staking the entire game on it? If bob is town, it's game over.
Bob is town, fwiw.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:25 pm Reminder there is a good chance Daisy protected someone who is already dead.
I took that into account. :keys:
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:34 pm

What lax attitude?

I get what you're saying, but I also haven't been here all game, and I contributed just as much content last day phase as anybody else did. It's difficult to catch up on a 30-page thread full of people you don't know and offer good content when basically nobody else is posting.
Clarification: difficult both to create content and also difficult to motivate myself. If the people who have been here since d1 apparently aren't invested, why should I be?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:05 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:21 pm Dragon D. Luffy

I've been townreading Speed because I thought the way he was defending me when no one else was felt genuine.

I'm more torn up on Kyle... dunno how to read him. But I liked his defense against the no lynch thing, and I still think he looks better than the other two because of self defense.
Of course, you know there's a chance you're being pocketed. Speedchuck still look genuine to you?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "self defense?"
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]Kylemii[/mention]

Suppose DDL is bad. Who would you pick as his most likely buddy. Speed?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:35 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:25 pm Reminder there is a good chance Daisy protected someone who is already dead.
I took that into account. :keys:
:doh: That's a blind guy?

I thought it was a cool guy with sunglasses and a cigarette. Idk how many posts I've misinterpreted over this.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sig wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:55 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 pm It seems the towniest thing to do is not be here for the latter half of the day. Thanks GTH reads.

:keys:
What means this?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

We have to stake the entire game on something, don't we?

I don't have conviction... no I don't. I'm guessing who is lying out of a bunch of forum posts. I'm not Sherlock Holmes, I can only make the best guess.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Of course, that doesn't mean I'm not open to possibilities. But from what i've seen so far I want to lynch Bob. :shrug2:

Return to “Previous Heists”