[END] Pet Sounds Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 113

Re: [DAY 3] Pet Sounds Mafia

Post by DrWilgy »

If it seems that I'm frustrated, it's because I am. This is my 100th post, Luke hasn't broken single digits, Choutas, Tranq, Floyd are all 13 or lower, and there's no way all 4 of them are scum.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I mean, at least I've seen that Floyd has tried to scum hunt, but if I ever have a thought about Tranq, Floyd, or Chou, do you know what my brain does? It goes blank!
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Enrique »

DrWilgy wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Matt F wrote:Choutas - Besides Wilgy, what are you thinking? The bulk of your posts aren't about much, and in the few that you suspect Wilgy, you say "Voting Wilgy until a better case forms" and then "Voting Wilgy cuz two dead civs voted for him".
His logic kinda makes sense to me. Since yesterday, most opposition to Wilgy has disappeared. I don't know if Choutas is right but that's not a terrible case to make.
What case?
It's an astute observation. Two of your voters just went down. Now you're backing away from discussion. Your chances of getting lynched just went down considerably.

I agree, though, it's frustrating to have half the living players hiding in the shadows. Which is why I think you need to stay and help bring them out, not just join them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Astute observation? or set up? a forced WIFOM situation I'm presuming. I think it also weakens his case in the fact that I asked several times for a full answer on why he wanted to lynch me yesterday and never received an answer.

I don't consider my chances of getting lynched any worse or better than previous, especially considering I'm one of 2 votes, almost 19 hours into this day phase.

I can't force them to be at their computer, or less, respond Enrique. I can vote for them, maybe lynch them, but the problem here is that I don't like lynching people for no reason.

Being honest our chances of getting to LYLO tomorrow are pretty high, and I'd be down to pluck a wallflower before we find ourselves in this situation, also gamble on hitting a mafia.

Out of all the low posters, who would you like to vote for Enrique?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wait a second, Im a mega dummy. Both MM and Zebra were on Tranq, not me. Choutas wut?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

:eye: see you
Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

One of Floyd and Choutas, I guess. I've felt better about Floyd as the game has gone on but there's so little to go by. Choutas is getting sharper. You're right it could be a setup, but the funny part is that he chose this phase to grow a tongue.

I feel indifferent towards Tranq. Bea and Luke are practically non-entities at this point.

linki: oh... what
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Aaaaand Chou is gone...
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

ZZZ...
Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Golden »

This thread feels like it needs a non-player invasion.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :beer: :beer: :beer:
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: [DAY 1] Pet Sounds Mafia

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:You may now post.

Players, please note the Participation criteria.
1) You must post at least once every Day cycle. Mess this up just once and you fail the criteria.
2) You must vote in polls. Miss just two votes and you fail the criteria.

If you are dead or spectating, please note that you should not post at all, even off-topic. Thanks in advance!

If you are spectating this game and want the link to the Pet Sounds Mafia: Spectator Chat, PM me requesting access. The Spectator Chat for this game is a hidden thread, not a chatzy.

Enjoy the game, folks. :)
I didn't notice the change to the rules here before.

But I'll keep my posting to a minimum. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Boomslang »

DrWilgy wrote: Boomslang what don't you like about me stepping back?
I suppose if you need to clear your head, you need to clear your head. I guess I was just skeptical of the timing: immediately after a lynch you directed, you decided to go much less visible rather than discussing your thought process and hunting among those who followed your lead. Seems like reduced visibility is working for people in this game, so I can't blame you. You're exactly right when you say it's impossible get a read on the very low/insubstantial posters this game... I think you're right that not all of them can be mafia, because they couldn't have coordinated the silent strategy from Day 1 onward.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Matt »

bea - Please share your thoughts.
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I'm feeling inclined to vote Choutas. I know it seems practically out of nowhere, but what the hell was up with that misdirection earlier? And then he just disappears?

Yeah you know what I'm gonna need to hear more from him. In the meantime I feel perfectly comfortable placing my vote on him.

Choutas
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Oh look who's online :p Any thoughts, Chou?
ImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Matt F wrote:bea - Please share your thoughts.
I'm inclined to give bea the benefit of the doubt here. She seems to have been legitimately sick over much of this game, and I don't see baddie bea expressing that weakness quite so intensely. She also has 25 posts (although none today), most with actual opinions or questions, which is more than many of the other players at this point (including me).
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Sorry guys. I have moved from dying of thee plauge to being mortally wounded from the plague. I've spent all of my non working time in bed.

Quiet tranq still makes me nervous. I dislike choutus's misdirection about zeebs vote. He looks worse than wilgy to me atm.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Putting my vote on choutas for now. I will try to check back in but I'm heading into a busy day at work.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Tranq »

Choutas. Because he voted for someone i think is civ (DrWilgy) and because Enrique (who also sounds civ) voted him.
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Choutas »

Enrique wrote:I'm feeling inclined to vote Choutas. I know it seems practically out of nowhere, but what the hell was up with that misdirection earlier? And then he just disappears?

Yeah you know what I'm gonna need to hear more from him. In the meantime I feel perfectly comfortable placing my vote on him.

Choutas
Estoy para votarte. No había ningun desvío. ¿Sobre cuál desvío refieres? No soy el que ha postado pendejadas sin sentido http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 13#p198213
Si hubiera postado más tu y Wilgy habríais elegido diferentemente. Soy blanco fácil para las críticas porque me falta tiempo.
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Choutas »

Tranq wrote:Choutas. Because he voted for someone i think is civ (DrWilgy) and because Enrique (who also sounds civ) voted him.
Why do you think DrWilgy is civ? He's been wrong up until this point. How does that make him civ? Imo it doesn't make him an automatically make him scum but he sure stinks.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Choutas wrote:
Enrique wrote:I'm feeling inclined to vote Choutas. I know it seems practically out of nowhere, but what the hell was up with that misdirection earlier? And then he just disappears?

Choutas
Estoy para votarte. No había ningun desvío. ¿Sobre cuál desvío refieres? No soy el que ha postado pendejadas sin sentido http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 13#p198213
Si hubiera postado más tu y Wilgy habríais elegido diferentemente. Soy blanco fácil para las críticas porque me falta tiempo.
Cuando dijiste que la marmota y zebra habían votado por wilgito, era una mentira total. Los dos votaron por Tranq ayer. Yo te creí y hasta Wilgito te creyó hasta que revisó los resultados de la encuesta. De haber creído tu mentira, pudimos haber linchado al Doctor por razones completamente falsas. Fue un movimiento muy peligroso que, aunque digas que fue un accidente, nos pudo haber costado el juego.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

-__-
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Voted Choutas
Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I don't understand the spanish. :(
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Basically, Choutas is a dirty liar who was spreading false information to get Wilgy lynched :p
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Lol. Yea. I guess if it's important choutus will reiterate in English before I throw my sick ass in bed?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

let me do my best translating job:
Choutas wrote:

Choutas
im votin 4 u. there was no misdirection. what misdirection r u talkin bout? im not the 1 posting bs nonsense *hilarious link to random post*
if id posted more u n wilgy woulda picked some1 else. im an ez target cuz i dont hav time.

which to me looks like a bs attempt at avoiding responsibility tbqh fam
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

K. Cool.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

15 minutes from the vote, and the state of the game has progressed practically not at all. Based on the Zebra vote and lack of contribution today, I might look at Floyd in greater detail tomorrow. Regarding today's posting:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: [POLLS] Pet Sounds Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 3
Who killed Metalmarsh89?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:23:37 pm

bea
Matt F (6) 10%
Boomslang
No votes
Choutas
Enrique (7), bea (8), Tranq (9), DrWilgy (10) 40%
DrWilgy
Choutas (4) 10%
Enrique
No votes
Luke11646
No votes
Matt F
No votes
TheFloyd73
No votes
Tranq
Boomslang (5) 10%
A marmot hater! (host, deadies, non-players)
MovingPictures07 (1), Metalmarsh89 (2), a2thezebra (3) 30%
Total votes : 10
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

"Pet Chounds"

Choutas has been lynched. He was a vanilla civilian and "Pet Sounds".

It is now Night 3. You have 24 hours to silently mourn the death of Choutas. If you are the mafia, send in your kill.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [NIGHT 3] Pet Sounds Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

"I'm Waiting for the Doc"

I came along when scum broke your soul
That's when you needed someone
To stop forgetting to vote

I gave you pills at a discounted price
That's what you needed the most
To set your scum radar back

I know you cried, and you felt blue
But when I could I gave strength to you
I'm waiting for the day when you can post again

I drugged you mad
And when your face looked sad
It made me think that's not enough
That you needed more drugs

But it better come pretty soon
I hoped you'd feel glad
That you found your soul
And I hoped that you vote

He hunted you, but that's all in game
I guess I'm saying you're the only one
I'm waiting for the day when you can vote again

He hunted you, but that's all in game
I guess I'm saying you're the only one
I'm waiting for the day when you can vote again

You didn't think that I could sit around and let the scum win
You didn't think that I could sit around and let the scum take you
You didn't think that I could sit around and let you all die
You didn't think that I could sit back and let you all go
You didn't think...

DrWilgy has been killed by the mafia. He was a vanilla civilian and "I'm Waiting for the Day".

It is now Day 4.

It is now LYLO. If a civilian is lynched today, mafia will win the game.

All votes are locked once they are cast. Day 4 will end once a player receives a majority of the votes, or once all players have voted.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [DAY 4] Pet Sounds Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Please note that it is LYLO.

All votes are final and locked when cast.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sweet release...
Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey, Wilgy, I know this wasn't your song, but this is for you:

:beer:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Please note that it is LYLO.

All votes are final and locked when cast.
Also, FYI I have a huge deadline on Monday, so I won't be checking this game thread until I've made substantial progress on this term paper. Since it's LYLO, the timing for this phase is unpredictable, so I may not be around to immediately end it. If the conditions have been met for Day 4 to end, I promise I'll end the Day as soon as I can.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

:mad: Everybody needs to speak up now. I'm not fucking around. We've pretty much handed this game on a silver plate to the Mafia, so from here on out, we can't make any mistakes.

It's not fair that the Mafia can just kill the most talkative players and leave us with so little to work with. Where the hell are you guys? Four of us are good, three are bad. We have numerical advantage but only if we get it right and we get it right now. It's not fair for the Mafia to win without even playing, so come on, at least come here and earn it. Keeping a firm eye on anybody who refuses to participate.

Luke? Floyd? Where the hell have you guys been?
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Get ready for some ISOs tonight. I need to get at least one baddie right to justify this whole game to myself.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Rezz please

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey, Wilgy, I know this wasn't your song, but this is for you:

Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

RIP Wilgy. :(

RIP Choutus. I'm sorry I was wrong about you. :(

So, today is the first day I've felt more alive than dead. Imma reading this wopping 11 page thread now.

I'm so sorry I was such a non-entity for so long. I didn't intend on catching the plauge when I signed up to play this. :(

Before I go back and read, I still want to say quiet tranq freeks me out. I dislike it. LOTS. He will gain my final vote on that alone if a) I don't find something better or b) He starts playing. :p
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

RIP Choutas and Wilgy

I'm scared now :eek:

Floyd is still a good option, I think, but I know he asked to be replaced in another game so I don't even know if he's still playing. And Luke hasn't posted for 5 days wtf

Anyway, going to iso everyone now and see if anything sticks out.

Floyd and Luke - Are you guys still playing?
Image Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I gave up rereading the thread for ISO's - tech is really hard for me.

Tranq ISO:
Tranq wrote:Bea :beer:
Nub early day 1 vote for me. Yes. Hi tranq.

Tranq wrote:A no lynch sounds rather boring. How about a 13-way tie? :p
You know who likes ties? Bad Dutchies. That's who.
Tranq wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:I saw a boomslang... I wonder where it went.
I know where it went :p
Tranq wrote:I'm moving my vote away from Bea.

Who should i vote for?
Back to back posts. Not anything added to discussion. Offers his vote for sale. Still day 1.
Tranq wrote:Sure why not.

Revenge-vote for Choutas.

Wait? Wot? Did Choutas vote Tranq day 1? I am confuszzled by his revenge vote here. (So rereading the whole thread would have helped here) It is interesting in hindsite though how he stays away from borract who was the leader and votes another vanilla civ for "revenge reasons" keeping his name right there fresh in people's minds.
Tranq wrote:Rude. I'm in the top 10 posters this game!
Rude. Except you haven't said anything. Nothing. Look at it - keep looking at your following posts. You've posted a lot and said nothing.No suspects, no suspicions, no cases - just going with the flow. Only bad duchies behave that way. Hell, I've been dying with the plauge and I've been more active.
Tranq wrote:That's a silly question. If i move my vote to bcornett24, it would be 6 to 3, so i'd have to answer with a no.
Tranq wrote:
Boomslang wrote:why the Choutas vote other than simple revenge?
I asked who to vote for and DrWilgy responded.

Two Pets in one Sound.
So these two posts reminded me that doing an ISO of tranq is redundant because zeeb already ISOed all this! It's why I voted for him the day zeebs was lynched in the first freekin' place.

That last post is crypic as fuck given how our lynches have turned out.

DUCHIE - YOU HAVE SOME SPLAININ' TO DO!

Tranq wrote:Chou is the 2nd Pet :p
Again - hindsite being 50/50 Chou was a vanilla civ.
Tranq wrote:Temp-voting Zebra for now. Vote may change when i'm actually able to read through the thread, hopefully later today.
This is the lynch where zeeb and tranq were neck and neck.....
and then we have this post lynch....
Tranq wrote:
Boomslang wrote:I don't like how Wilgy is deciding to step back after the bad lynch result, but I really don't like how Tranq just shrugged off his Zebra vote as temporary very early in the day, then never bothered to explain it or move it to someone else. It was a close lynch, and when he saw the momentum gathering against him, I think he figured it'd be better to lay low and maintain his advantage than try to defend himself.
I ended up being afk for the rest of the day. Beer-related reasons :p

I have a gut civ read on DrWilgy and Enrique. No idea on who's bad so far.
You missed the lynch where you were the second most vote getter for beer related reasons. You have no idea who's bad on like day 2 of a speed game. REALLY? You? the great and powerful Tranq have NO idea who is bad? I call bullshit right the fuck here.

You are so bad. BAD BAD BAD DUCHIE!!!
Tranq wrote:Choutas. Because he voted for someone i think is civ (DrWilgy) and because Enrique (who also sounds civ) voted him.
Day 3 - day fucking 3 and I have more of a clue as to what's going on than you do and I'm dying from the plauge?? REALLY???

So bad. YOU ARE SO BAD.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

matt - look back at who these discussions have happened with - he resonds to boomslang. Like his whole 2 pets 1 sound thing was in reply to boom. I think if tranq is bad, boom *might* be his teammate, but I've not looked at boom iso at like all and I'd like to find tranq out first. bad duchie is bad.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

bea wrote:matt - look back at who these discussions have happened with - he resonds to boomslang. Like his whole 2 pets 1 sound thing was in reply to boom. I think if tranq is bad, boom *might* be his teammate, but I've not looked at boom iso at like all and I'd like to find tranq out first. bad duchie is bad.
I haven't played with Tranq all that much so I don't know what's common for him but I also suspected him (and Wilgy, derp) because of their Zebra votes. I thought they might be on a team but obvi not. As for Boom, the only ping I've gotten off him was when he went after newbie Luke at the beginning of the game for the "no lynch" thing, but then took his vote off of him once he learned how new Luke was.

Anyway you have way more experience with Tranq then I do, bea, does he typically speak with his teammates directly in thread or does he avoid them when bad? I'm pretty sure when I have played with him, he's posted way more then he has this game whether civ or bad, so I don't know what to think.

What do you think of Floyd, bea?
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

bea wrote:matt - look back at who these discussions have happened with - he resonds to boomslang. Like his whole 2 pets 1 sound thing was in reply to boom. I think if tranq is bad, boom *might* be his teammate, but I've not looked at boom iso at like all and I'd like to find tranq out first. bad duchie is bad.
We can't rush into this lynch, Bea, and that's what makes me the most concerned about your posts. Assuming you're Mafia, then you know that if as much as one person follows you then it's game over. We ALL need to vote together, and be sure of our vote, anything else is game over. The first person to cast a vote today may as well be surrendering unless they've hit the nail on the head.

I know I said I'd ISO everybody but I'm so tired right now :sigh: I'll get to it possibly later tonight but most likely tomorrow in the afternoon. We still got a little time to figure things out.
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

yea - I get all that - I really do - but this might be my one contribution. And for god's sake - tranq looks bad as fuck.

I mean - just put in your head he's *at least* as experienced as I am. (He's AT LEAST as nub as the queen nub)

If I came out of that ISO like that - what would you think?

I'm not saying vote right now. I WANT him to respond to this. I look forward to it with great glee.

And in the mean time - ISO other people. I would ISO boom then luke and floyd. It's prolly one of them but not both of them.

I was just really happy I made a case, totally built on the case zeeb started. And I don't often case make.

I am extra excited about it because it's outside of my normal wheel house.

I'd still like you to actually respond rico to what I've said.

Because thinking more - it feels like you are trying to dismiss a potentially good case I made.

I was never saying vote right away.

I was saying doesn't what I say make some sense? you make me sad that you didn't see that tbh.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Matt F wrote:
I haven't played with Tranq all that much so I don't know what's common for him but I also suspected him (and Wilgy, derp) because of their Zebra votes. I thought they might be on a team but obvi not. As for Boom, the only ping I've gotten off him was when he went after newbie Luke at the beginning of the game for the "no lynch" thing, but then took his vote off of him once he learned how new Luke was.

Anyway you have way more experience with Tranq then I do, bea, does he typically speak with his teammates directly in thread or does he avoid them when bad? I'm pretty sure when I have played with him, he's posted way more then he has this game whether civ or bad, so I don't know what to think.

What do you think of Floyd, bea?
That bit about boom is secondary. IDK if it's right or not. Just was what I thought when i was ISO ing him that his responses were mostly toward boom.

I'd still rather catch the bird in our hand.

What do you think of Tranq??

BTW - he called wilgly and you as most likely civ the day before wilgly was NKed. You can thank m later for taking the NK that's coming for me.

Return to “Previous Heists”