Host:
Currents Mafia
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 72
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Lost Again Mafia (season 1) - Day 6

Post by Scotty »

If I recall, wasn't the 3rd season written amidst the writers strike that happened that year? That's the same year Heroes wrote it's 2nd, and unfortunately, dooming season.

I'd like to think that the writers had overarching themes and answers to their questions, but realized that their web was too tangled by season 4 and backtracked mostly to shore up the big questions. So while we had all these intricate mysteries as a fan base to meticulously pour over, there was no way in hell they could answer everything in only 6 seasons. Another season would have maybe answered those, but then it would have felt like it was dragging.

Zebra, I do so say give it a shot and just try to figure out mysteries as they happen. It's so much more of a journey than the solution. I mean, that's what Lost is, summed up: the journey and relationships you make on that road.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dom »

Scotty wrote:If I recall, wasn't the 3rd season written amidst the writers strike that happened that year? That's the same year Heroes wrote it's 2nd, and unfortunately, dooming season.

I'd like to think that the writers had overarching themes and answers to their questions, but realized that their web was too tangled by season 4 and backtracked mostly to shore up the big questions. So while we had all these intricate mysteries as a fan base to meticulously pour over, there was no way in hell they could answer everything in only 6 seasons. Another season would have maybe answered those, but then it would have felt like it was dragging.

Zebra, I do so say give it a shot and just try to figure out mysteries as they happen. It's so much more of a journey than the solution. I mean, that's what Lost is, summed up: the journey and relationships you make on that road.
Season four was writers strike. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 72
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Dom wrote:
Scotty wrote:If I recall, wasn't the 3rd season written amidst the writers strike that happened that year? That's the same year Heroes wrote it's 2nd, and unfortunately, dooming season.

Season four was writers strike. :D
Woah. No way! That was my favorite season aside from the 1st! I can't believe it.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 237

Post by a2thezebra »

Thanks for the recommendations folks. I'm curious as to who I'm going to end up agreeing with the most.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by DFaraday »

First was the best season.

How ironic, my paranoia about being bandwagoned led to me being bandwagoned. I'm going to cite this game as evidence in every game where people think I'm being paranoid.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Golden »

2nd was my favourite, but I think fourth really holds up after multiple viewings as mostly very strong.

In season three they had to have a 6 episode mini season followed by a break of several months. This feels affected by the writers strike, but was just the network. On the bright side, it made the show runners agree the end date because even they knew how much that 6 episode stretch sucked.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 122

Post by S~V~S »

I loved season 5, one of the few to do so iirc.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Matt »

S~V~S wrote:I loved season 5, one of the few to do so iirc.
THANK YOU!!!

Everyone's always lumping season 5 with 6, and I'm like "Whaaaa?"

Season 5 was awesome, and those final seconds in the finale...WOOT!!
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Btw Bullzy, you best come out here and bow down to Queen Baddie Killa or I will have to continue sussing you in every game. :suspish:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I haven't rewatched Lost in years, but all of this talk is making me want to....

Silly 6th season :sigh:

Also, Zebra, I hope you do give it a shot. Fyi, I often flip flop on my feelings for the sixth season. I'm not going to go into details, but despite not liking it so much, I personally believe it picks back up in the final 4 episodes or so.
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 237

Post by a2thezebra »

If the ending ending is good then I'll like it. I dislike the most of the second season of Twin Peaks but the very last episode is my favorite in the whole series.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Lost didn't exactly fizzle out, but it derailed out of the fucking orbit of logic, narrative and any cinematic sensibilities and just got too addicted to a never-gonna-tell-ya style of mystery, mythology, murders and mindfarks. That's why I'm saying it became painful after the first 2 seasons, not after 5.
The first half of season 3 was lost at its worst... But arguably the second half of season 3 and season 4 were its peak. A lot of people gave up early in season three and I don't blame them, but I think it's still well worth persevering through.

I understand the objection to season 6. I don't agree, but I do understand why it's divisive.
This is how I feel as well.

That stretch from Left Behind to Through The Looking Glass is some of the best television out there. I found the worst parts of the show is when it became too enamored in its genre-- Mid-Late season two through early season three. There are a few exceptions, but in general, those episodes showed the weaknesses in the set up of the show.

I truly didn't mind not having every answer (or even close to all of them). The thing that bothered me most was Walt and his lack of resolution-- and that Nadia was fucked over in the afterlife.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 122

Post by S~V~S »

The thing that bothered me most in the after life, and during the body of the show,
actually, was Sayid & Shannon.

He had this deep intense backstory about Nadia, the love of his life. The woman he risked it all for, and whose loss drove him into a spiral of despair. The fact that he hooked up with Shannon just seemed WRONG for him when it happened, but the fact that she was his eternal true love was such a huge *W*T*F* for me. Out of all the bitter awfulness of that ending, that irked me the most. He had his eternal, deep forged-in-fire true love, and he's spending eternity with a vapid beach bunny?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 158

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:The thing that bothered me most in the after life, and during the body of the show,

He had this deep intense backstory about Nadia, the love of his life. The woman he risked it all for, and whose loss drove him into a spiral of despair. The fact that he hooked up with Shannon just seemed WRONG for him when it happened, but the fact that she was his eternal true love was such a huge *W*T*F* for me. Out of all the bitter awfulness of that ending, that irked me the most. He had his eternal, deep forged-in-fire true love, and he's spending eternity with a vapid beach bunny?
A big thing for me was
Jin forgetting that he was a father in the submarine.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:The thing that bothered me most in the after life, and during the body of the show,

A big thing for me was
Jin forgetting that he was a father in the submarine.
I agree with both of these.

I still can't bring myself to rewatch Lost, I don't think I ever will be able to. I loved the show so much while it was on, but the culmination of events in Season 6 just tainted it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Is there an MVP from this game?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Turnip Head wrote:Is there an MVP from this game?
Why yes, yes it does.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Golden »

A winner banner for the winners:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward

Return to “Previous Heists”