Host/MoD
6%

Total votes: 18
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Vocaroo Mafia [SIGN-UPS]

Post by thellama73 »

The people in that video were remarkably slow to adapt to changing conditions. They would not survive in the wild.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If this isn't filled up by about the 8th, I'm going to have to push it back so that G-Man's politics game can occur near to the date of the presidential inauguration. This isn't a complaint or anything, just an FYI.

Let's make this happen soon!
If we don't fill by the 8th, is there any way we can run this game with a smaller number, then we can always try it again later? Or would you prefer to keep the 13-15 player setup in tact?

I'll see if I can find people. :noble:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I suppose it can be managed at a smaller number if all of the players would still be interested in that. I'd need 9 at a bare minimum though to get a reasonable alignment ratio.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I suppose it can be managed at a smaller number if all of the players would still be interested in that. I'd need 9 at a bare minimum though to get a reasonable alignment ratio.
That'd be completely fine with me, although obviously it'd be preferable to stick to your original number constraints.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I just wonder if seeing it progress a first time around might make it easier for any players who are hesitant to jump on board due to the vocal concept to do so a second time around. Maybe I'm wrong though.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't think you're wrong. While for some there are understandable time constraints that make a game like this tough to manage, I do think the embarrassment factor plays a big role. I wouldn't expect this to get sign ups any faster after G-Man's game.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't think you're wrong. While for some there are understandable time constraints that make a game like this tough to manage, I do think the embarrassment factor plays a big role. I wouldn't expect this to get sign ups any faster after G-Man's game.
I hate hearing and recording my own voice, so I was a bit hesitant myself, but hell, it'll be fun. :beer:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If I get one more player I can start the game immediately.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I can't get that app to load on my iPhone. I'll try again today.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by Ricochet »

Oh what the heck. Might as well consider throwing myself in a game one last time this year. A nine-player format gives me bad-memory vibes on the odds of civilians getting a good lynch within a two-phase margin, but que sera, sera.

Awaiting G-Man's confirmation on whether he is able to play or not, I can then be the ninth player, should the answer be "not".
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

But now that I see it, there is no ongoing Heist, so can't G-Man's Heist be put in sign-ups for a slot, while letting this in standby for the second slot until the numbers are more generous or until it's decided small is the best size we can run with?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'd prefer to just run it. This is already a game with unique demands and the longer sign-ups drag the harder it will be to keep all the "yes" voters invested. I don't mind doing a small game; it might give people who are hesitant to play a recorded game an opportunity to see how it goes. Maybe there'll be a better opportunity at some later date to try again.

Don't worry about balance. If I get 9 that'll be good. :dark:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

On that note, I should say that it'll be pretty much impossible for me to play from the evening of the 11th through the 14th since I'll be in Orlando for an accounting/auditing conference, so apologies for that inconvenience. That should be the only obstacle though.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:On that note, I should say that it'll be pretty much impossible for me to play from the evening of the 11th through the 14th since I'll be in Orlando for an accounting/auditing conference, so apologies for that inconvenience. That should be the only obstacle though.
You could, instead, record conference ambient noise and post that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:On that note, I should say that it'll be pretty much impossible for me to play from the evening of the 11th through the 14th since I'll be in Orlando for an accounting/auditing conference, so apologies for that inconvenience. That should be the only obstacle though.
This.

Not to mention that, in his place, I'd be in my hotel room after dinner, re-recording myself 100 times.

If I do end up playing, the more the game will stretch towards the second half of the month, the worse it'll be for me, but I've been there before. Plus, I have a feeling the three cycles I got to live in Haiku were rather too generous.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Golden wrote:
Oh man, please do that.

I'm tempted to sign up for this game and only post various types of ambient noise for the whole thing.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I won't be able to post until Saturday if this is starting immediately.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

There'll be a Day 0 so no worries.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Still can't get that app to load properly. Carry on without me. I'll be hoping for a sequel.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thanks for giving it a shot anyway, G-Man. :)

So, Rico... :grin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

lol

I appreciate it, sir. We'll get this sucker started at 8:00 EST with a Day 0.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'll kill you day one rico, just to make your life easier.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward

Return to “Previous Heist Sign-Ups”