10. Scotty
11. notsawyer540
12. DFaraday
13. Elohcin
14. Metalmarsh89
15. S~V~S

RULES AND WHATNOT

GAMEPLAY
1) Day periods last 48 hours. Night periods last 24 hours, but all PMs must be sent to the host within 23 hours so night posts can be written in a timely fashion.
2) Day 0 will last 24 hours but may be extended to 48 if not everyone has checked in/read their role PM.
3) Votes in the poll are the only votes that count. It's helpful but not mandatory that you declare your vote in the thread in a way that stands out to the host.
4) All votes are changeable.
5) A tied lynch will result in no lynch. Votes matter.
6) Standard alignment wincons are in effect.
7) Dead is dead; you don't get to come back from that. Dead players will have their BTSC right removed.
8) Roles will be revealed upon death.
9) All players get to vote via PM for game MVP at the end of the game.
10) This game is closed setup.

RULES
1)Respect your fellow players, your host, and your MOD.
1a) Don't be an asshat.
1b) Don't get butthurt.
2) If youfeel like another player is out of line or making/taking things personally, contact the MOD- Dom.
3) No BTSC regarding the game outside of the game thread(s). Players are told in their rolecard if they have BTSC. If you don't have it, don't engage in it. Violating this rule will result in a modkill.
4) No editing or deleting posts.
5) Self-voting is not permitted.
6) Double-targeting is not allowed.
7) Info-dumping and role-claiming are forbidden.
8) Off-topic posts should be in OT Green.
9) Dead players are to post in Dead Red.
10) Non-Players should post in Non-Player Blue. We'll have a spectator chat if you're really interested in game details.
11) This is the host's color. Do not post in this color.
12) Participation is mandatory. Anyone who misses two votes AND fails to post during that time will be automatically replaced. If no replacements are available, a modkill may occur. If you sign up, please play. If you can't play, request replacement.
Other rules may be added as necessary. I haven't hosted a game in about five years, so please bear with me.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: BLUE vs. RED [SIGNUPS]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Here's my number so call me maybe.

I have a lot on my plate this months, so I'm not sure yet.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'm in.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, I'll play. Despite signing up for a few games and being busy, I shouldn't have to replace out this time. :D
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 15
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I signed up for the last one, so I have to play this one. :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Politics in Australia has gotten so dull that almost everyone has a greater interest in what's happening in the States.

Oh, yes, I'm in. :nicenod:
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, I'll play. Despite signing up for a few games and being busy, I shouldn't have to replace out this time. :D
I'm officially signed up for four games and playing in one more. How about you?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, I'll play. Despite signing up for a few games and being busy, I shouldn't have to replace out this time. :D
Signed up for four as well. :mafia:

I would be playing another beyond that, but I died.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

What else are you playing? Sounds like we're signed up for the same four games, but alive in different ones?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

What else are you playing? Sounds like we're signed up for the same four games, but alive in different ones?
Died in Vocaroo, signed up for this, Phenon, Felt 2, and the Clash game on NF.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'll probably sign up. I'll see how I go with the other two games I've sign up for go first though.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 23

Post by G-Man »

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2016

GLENN: Fear not. I have returned from battling a cold and boy do we have a lot to talk about today. Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Ted Cruz, and the future of this great nation of ours. All this and more, starting right now.
Intro music plays
GLENN: Hello America. This is probably the most excitement I have felt on a Tuesday in a long time. Long time. And in saying that, I mean no disrespect to the late Donald Trump, who was laid to rest yesterday. It’s always difficult to navigate these sorts of situations when something extraordinary happens, only to be followed up by something somber. Pat and Stu talked about the extraordinary yesterday and caught some flak for it, right guys?

PAT: Yeah, a few hard-core Trump supporters took issue with us being excited about Ted Cruz getting named as the new Republican candidate.

Laughter

GLENN: You downplay that so well.

STU: I know, right? No, we got plenty of hate mail and angry calls in the latter half of yesterday’s show. It was pretty crazy.

PAT: Perhaps we should have toned down our excitement about Cruz a little more.

GLENN: I can’t blame you for being excited. When I heard the news on Saturday I jumped out of bed, threw my hands in the air, screamed in jubilation, and promptly fell to the floor coughing. But for that split second, I felt energized in a way that is hard to describe. I feel it again now that I’m healthy but I’m trying to temper it better than you guys did because I really don’t want to deal with angry Trump supporters today.

STU: And there seem to be plenty of them out there. Several of these so-called alt-right websites went absolutely nuts about this decision. Some people feel that the RNC is stabbing them in the back by picking Ted Cruz because of what he said at the convention.

GLENN: That I can understand. Many of Trump’s supporters would have voted for any Republican picked to replace Trump, so the vocal minority here, I think, are just working their way through the stages of grief and denial. And I don’t mean that in a bad way. Because look- there were plenty of Republicans and conservatives who thought Trump was a mistake, present company included. We talked about how not voting for Trump doesn’t equate to turning your back on America and how Hillary Clinton getting elected as a result of people not voting for Trump is an ethical outcome of the election, despite setting up the country for four more years of failure and misery. So right now, there’s a small contingent of America that is thinking the same thing about not voting for Ted Cruz.

PAT: You’re talking about die-hard Trump supporters, right?

GLENN: Yes.

PAT: Okay, because lots of media sources are reporting that having Cruz at the top of the ticket may now chase away moderates and establishment Republicans.

GLENN: Well of course they’re saying that. They can’t stand Ted because he speaks truth. They hate him and they want to convince as many people as possible that the Republican Party is still sinking. Did you hear Ted’s speech on Saturday?

STU: I thought it was amazing.

PAT: Yeah, me too.

GLENN: I got chills listening to that speech and it wasn’t because I was sick. That was one of the best political speeches I have ever heard. Right up there with the best of Reagan and Kennedy. Everybody loves to praise Obama for being a great public speaker, and yes, he can craft a pretty speech, but Ted- when he’s speaking, you know that it is coming from deep inside him. He actually believes what he says. It’s founded on a thorough understanding of the constitutional principles of our country and a deep love for this nation. He is going to make a fantastic president.

STU: So you think that he can overcome all the obstacles in front of him- Donald Trump’s weak poll numbers, the RNC directing funds away from the presidential race, throwing a campaign team together with under two months left before Election Day- and win?

GLENN: Without a doubt. We’re two weeks away from the first presidential debate, right? Hillary can lock herself in a bunker for the next two weeks for debate prep and she will still- mark my words- get steamrolled by Ted Cruz.

PAT: Wow. That’s a strong prediction.

GLENN: I believe it. And when the American people hear what Ted Cruz has to say, their eyes will be opened and the differences between the Democrats’ vision for America and a true constitutional conservative vision for America will be so clear and evident, that I think Ted Cruz will flip states that will surprise you. It’s going to be a landslide victory.

STU: If he does win, it will certainly go down as one of the greatest political accomplishments of all time.

GLENN: I think he’ll win in grand fashion. Donald Trump, to give him credit, tapped into the collective anger of the American people. He made them aware of just how angry they were and what they were angry about. Ted Cruz will give them a plan for fixing what has gone wrong; he’ll give them a sense of direction.

PAT: Hillary won’t be able to coast along like she has been, that’s for sure. If she isn’t ready for the debate, they’re going to have to haul her away in an SUV again like they did on Sunday.

GLENN: I can’t believe you just said that. I agree, but wow. We’re going to take a break but that is next on our list. Hillary Clinton collapses at a 9/11 ceremony and the media collectively yawns. This and other ways liberal journalists are doing everything they can to brainwash the electorate into an assumptive Clinton victory. Don’t go far.
My Banners:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

As I mentioned to Mongoose and sprityo for each of their games, I'm going to have to back out of this one. Guess I'll have to wait until another time to play a G-Man game again. :sigh:

I need to take care of RL stuff first; I just don't want mafia or other things serving as a distraction for me right now when I need to be putting 100% of my efforts into this dissertation and other papers.

Have fun, everyone!
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2016
Greetings to all you music lovers, thrill seekers, and conversationalists across the fruited plains. It is I, Rush Limbaugh- now documented to be almost always right 99.78% of the time- here once again, sitting behind the golden EIB microphone, with what ought to be one hell of a show today. We’ve got sound bites galore for you after our first break but first I want to share my thoughts on last night’s debate.

Mr. Snerdley, did you watch the debate?

*pause*

And what did you think?

*pause*

Didn’t Ted Cruz wipe the floor with her?

*pause*

More than that, Cruz’s performance was a thing of beauty! It was an utter shellacking and repudiation of everything the Clintons and liberals stand for. I don’t see how any thinking person could credibly argue that Clinton won that debate. What’s that?

*pause*

Well of course the media is reporting that she won big. What did I just say? No thinking person can credibly argue that she won. These media types are all brainless sheep. They just read what’s on the teleprompter. If they didn’t have someone feeding them words to say they would be sitting there sobbing on live TV, blabbering about how they don’t know what just happened. What’s that?

*pause*

Who cares what the CNN flash poll said? How many conservatives watch CNN for that poll to even be accurate anyway? Cruz won and anyone who’s being intellectually honest will admit it. The media is just trying to maintain control on the low-information voters of the world. That’s why the moderator kept interrupting Cruz last night. I mean- somebody go back and count how many times Lester Holt interrupted each candidate. I’m willing to bet that the margin is three or four to one. I don’t know if Holt was trying to get his name out there, he does work for the flailing NBC News. Maybe he’s hoping a competing network noticed him and will save him from that sinking ship.

Anyway, folks, last night’s debate was the moment conservatives have been waiting for. Ted Cruz made it abundantly clear that this election is no longer about speculation and personality. Rather, it is about specifics and policy. And he brought that to the debate in a big way. I have here, in my formerly nicotine-stained fingers, a transcript of the debate and we’re going to go through some of Cruz’s best lines. I know what you’re thinking- yes there were a lot of them but this is a three-hour show, folks. Do not fear. I am a radio professional and we have got everything covered for you.

The topics last night were the economy, trade, the federal deficit, race relations, the war on terror, foreign policy, and potential conflicts of interest. Did you notice how, during that final segment, the moderator kept circling back to Ted Cruz’s wife and her connections to Goldman Sachs. I think the moderator must have mentioned it seven or eight times in a span of two minutes. Talk about your sad attempts to demonize someone.

So what if Cruz’s wife is a successful investment manager? That’s his wife. It’s not like Ted was taking solicitations from foreign governments while running the State Department. What this was, in my professional opinion, was an attempt to rejuvenate the Occupy Wall Street crowd into voting for Hillary. We all know she’s been struggling with support from Millennials so they’re playing the Evil Corporations card on Hillary’s behalf. It’s cheap and it will get picked up by all the left-wing professors indoctrinating college students. Hell, it may even play well to recent college graduates who are struggling to find a good job in the Obama economy. If they haven’t found good jobs, they’re probably still apt to blame rich people for their problems.

Cruz won the debate but overall the structure was a bit of a dud. Lester Holt tip-toed around the issues of national defense and only focused on police brutality instead of addressing terrorism that Obama has imported. Not even once did the recent pipe bombings and mall attack get raised by the moderator or Hillary. But boy did they dwell on the racial protests going on in North Carolina. I mean, why should the media address the rampant election fraud going on in this country, with states sending out absentee ballots with Trump on them or out-right refusing to amend the ballots before early voting begins, when they can continue to perpetuate the myth that cop-on-minority violence is raging like a wildfire?

It’s all about the narrative, folks. Control the narrative and you stack the deck. They’re trying like hell to stack the deck for Hillary but Ted Cruz and his knowledge of and passion for the constitution and what is right for this country will change hearts and minds as we get closer to election day. Don’t doubt me.
My Banners:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Officially in.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Still waiting for the Bernie Sanders cameo.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

A G-Man hosted game with my old friend MacDougall? Mhmm, seems almost too hard to resist... :ponder:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

And better yet, Oregon is the head. :nicenod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by Ricochet »

Glorfindel wrote:A G-Man hosted game with my old friend MacDougall? Mhmm, seems almost too hard to resist... :ponder:
Funny, the latter part is my cue to not even consider. :p
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dom »

:(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dom wrote::(
Does signing up make you sad?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

This game is going to fill up before I'm done with my pre-game content, isn't it?
My Banners:
sprityo
The Turncoat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

G-Man wrote:This game is going to fill up before I'm done with my pre-game content, isn't it?

That just means more motivation
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dom wrote::(
Does signing up make you sad?
It's just a premonition of things to come.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

MONDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2016
CHRIS: Welcome back to Hardball. Joining us now to weigh in is Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders. Good evening, Senator. Thank you for joining us.

BERNIE: It's good to be here.

CHRIS: Now Senator, I want to ask you right off the bat. You and Senator Elizabeth Warren have been hitting the campaign trail hard since the first debate. Ted Cruz has been the republican candidate for a full 30 days now. We've had two presidential debates and a vice presidential debate. What's the response been on the ground? What are you hearing?

BERNIE: Well, obviously we're hearing one side of the argument but it's encouraging.

CHRIS: In what way Senator? Are you out there talking to the Clinton faithful or are you and Senator Warren shoring up support for those progressives who were left feeling turned off by your loss in the primary.

BERNIE: Well, Chris, we have been targeting progressives, sure, but as I understand it, there are more and more people becoming receptive to the urgency of this election. Regardless of their feelings about Secretary Clinton, I think people- young people, educated people, and what have you- they're seeing not just the need for a political revolution but also, in a more practical sense, just what the stakes really are in this election.

CHRIS: I'd say you're right about that, Senator. We've been looking at the latest polling data and, while Ted Cruz has firmed up some support in states that lean slightly red thanks to Evan McMullin dropping out and supporting the hard-right Cruz, Secretary Clinton's numbers have also been getting a considerable boost. What do you attribute this to? Has something shifted in the ground game or is Ted Cruz somehow a worse candidate for the Republican Party than Donald Trump?

BERNIE: Let me just say this. Donald Trump carried his campaign on rhetoric and soundbites. Senator Cruz is articulating his plans in much greater detail and I think that has highlighted the stark difference between the republican and progressive visions. The people are taking notice.

CHRIS: Has Wikileak's recent claim to have damaging information pertaining to Secretary Clinton's campaign caused any concerns with the people you're meeting? Could this be an October surprise that the campaign isn't prepared for?

BERNIE: As I understand it, the Wikileaks people have been talking about this since the summer. The so-called October surprise is something you cannot plan for. If you could, it wouldn't be much of a surprise, right?

CHRIS: Right, but given that the DNC email leaks from earlier in the year caused a minor schism in the party, are voters nervous about another scandal?

BERNIE: Well, look. The DNC leaks are old news. What we need to do is focus on the differences between what this country might look like in four years depending on who wins. It seems to be working because Senator Cruz has no plan take on income and wealth inequality, providing paid family and medical leave, and making public colleges and universities more affordable, if not tuition-free. Democrats and progressives have plans for these issues that are problems now, rather than circling back to long-decided issues like Senator Cruz has done.

CHRIS: Senator I'm going to have to cut this short. We've got breaking news coming in. Thank you for joining us. I hope we can talk to you again soon.

BERNIE: Thank you, Chris.

CHRIS: Ladies and gentlemen, breaking news unfolding as we speak- MSNBC news sources have confirmed that federal authorities have conducted a raid in a remote part of Eastern Tennessee. After more than a month on the run, it appears that Donald and Ivanka Trump's suspected killer, Jared Kushner, has been located. Details are sketchy right now but we will try to confirm as much as possible as the night goes on.
My Banners:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:A G-Man hosted game with my old friend MacDougall? Mhmm, seems almost too hard to resist... :ponder:
Funny, the latter part is my cue to not even consider. :p
I'm glad. Playing with you is like pulling teeth.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2016

Though he hated to admit age was getting to him, Charles Koch found himself retiring earlier and earlier in the evenings lately. Sure, he was 81 years old, but heading to bed at 8:30 just felt wrong to him. He put on his house slippers, got out of his easy chair, and had almost reached his bedroom when a phone rang in the living room.

The chime puzzled him for a moment. It wasn’t the house phone, nor was it his cell phone. He paused for a moment and it came to him. It was the other phone. He had almost forgotten about it but he walked over to a bookshelf and pulled out a copy of Tocqueville’s Democracy in America. He opened it and picked up the secret cell phone that had been hiding inside its hollowed-out pages for almost two months.

“How are things?” he spoke into the phone with a grin.

“After a week in a medically induced coma and two weeks of feeling like a truck ran over my face, I’m finally able to get around coherently,” replied a strained voice on the other end. “I decided to get caught up on national events and I find out that Kushner is dead, the Russian’s are being blamed for the DNC hack, the Chicago Cubs made the World Series but seem to be choking, and now Megyn Kelly is talking to Jeff Roe about Ted’s abysmal outlook. So you tell me, Charles, how the hell are things?”

“Now Jeb,” Charled demurred, “don’t be such a pessimist. You did your job well and it’s up to Ted now to seal the deal.”

“He’s polling worse than Donald was.”

“Yes but remember that the polling is extremely flawed this year. We pay very smart people great sums of money to analyze these sorts of things.”

“So you think Ted still has a chance?”

“It’s possible, though unlikely. There was certainly enough margin for error early in the campaign or we wouldn’t have approached you about, well, you know.”

“You don’t sound very concerned about Ted losing. I thought you said this election was vital?”

“It is,” Charles said, “but it’s also a sacrifice that we were willing to make.”

“Sacrifice?” Jeb bellowed. “After all that I’ve been through, you’re telling me you’re fine with losing the election?”

“Your loyalty to the party is admirable but you’ve got things backwards. You see, Jeb, there are benefits to Ted winning and there are benefits to Ted losing. Getting Donald out of the race was the main objective. He would have been the end of the party. On the one hand, it was a thankless task to try to right the ship and win the election in such a short period of time. On the other hand, letting Ted try and fail gives us ammunition in putting this whole Tea Party thing to bed.”

“I thought you liked the Tea Party?”

“Oh, I like their passion and ability to organize, but the rhetoric and ideology alienate too many voters. If Ted loses as badly as the polls suggest, then we so-called establishment types can push them into the back seat and use them to organize and impassion but not lead.”

“How long have you been playing them, Charles?”

“Since the beginning, Jeb. Since the beginning. Think of it- the next president is all but certain to face a new recession and all kinds of global unrest. If that were to befall Hillary, it would make her all the more beatable in 2020. Picture it- Bush-Kasich 2020. We could resurrect your brother’s compassionate conservative bit.”

“Indeed,” Jeb pondered. “Tell me one thing, Charles. Why did you have Kushner killed.”

“To wrap things up in a nice, neat bow. What did you think we were going to do with him?”

“I don’t know. Brainwash him? Make him believe that he killed Donald and admit to it all.”

“Brainwashing? Who do you think we are, Jeb? The KGB? A mystery, a confession letter, and a body. The American people eat this sort of thing up. Besides, Ivanka didn’t have to die. That was your call.”

“She was too smart. I felt like she was on to me at least two or three times a day.”

“What was that?” Charles asked.

“What?” replied Jeb.

“I heard a click. Are you on a secure line?”

“I assume so, Charles. I’m at the facility you set up.”

“Never assume, Jeb. This conversation is over.”
My Banners:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ohhh man, looking forward to this game more and more. Excellent write-ups G-Man!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm not in a game at present, so I'll play this!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2016- 8:00 p.m. EST

WOLF BLITZER: Were getting ready for 16 states- 16 states- and the District of Columbia are going to be closing all polling stations right at the top of the hour, including Florida. All the polling stations will be closing in Florida. That is emerging as a critically important state. Pennsylvania closing right now.

And look at all these wins we're predicting for Hillary Clinton right now. She wins her home state of Illinois- that's where she was born. Hillary Clinton wins in Illinois with its 20 electoral votes. A win for Hillary Clinton in New Jersey. Governor Chris Christie is the governor there but guess what? Hillary Clinton is the winner in New Jersey with 14 electoral votes. Hillary Clinton wins in New Jersey.

In Massachussetts another 11 electoral votes we project will go to Hillary Clinton in Massachussetts. Another win for Hillary Clinton in Massachussetts. Three more wins coming in for Hillary Clinton right now. In Rhode Island, Rhode Island with four electoral votes. Hillary Clinton carries Rhode Island with its four electoral votes. Delaware, with its three electoral votes- they will all go to Hillary Clinton. Another win there. And the District of Columbia, which can vote in presidential contests. Three electoral votes- three electoral votes go to Clinton.

Ted Cruz also has some projected wins. Three specifically, Ted Cruz will carry Tennessee with 11 electoral votes. Ted Cruz will also carry Mississippi with six electoral votes. And also Cruz will take Alabama and its nine electoral votes. Not as many wins for Cruz to tout early, with Clinton taking the lion's share at the top of the hour.

We have a key race alert right now. Too close to call- too early to call I should say in Florida. Right now we cannot make a projection. Twenty-nine electoral votes at stake. Too early to call in Florida. Too early to call in Pennsylvania, with 20 electoral votes. CNN cannot make a projection in Pennsylvania. Also in New Hampshire, no projections there. Too early to call in New Hampshire right there, too early to call in New Hampshire.

We're going to throw that up now with the rest of our projections from earlier. Right now Hillary Clinton takes the lead 65 votes to 50. Hillary Clinton leading Ted Cruz early tonight by 15 electoral votes as most of the polling places on the east coast are now closed. You see that 270 electoral votes are needed to win the White House. Hillary Clinton taking an early lead tonight in that direction.
WOLF BLITZER: You can see on our map that the blue states, the states highlighted in blue, are projected wins for Hillary Clinton. The red states project wins for Ted Cruz. All the yellow states you can see are closed but too close or too early to call. No projections now, that's where it stands on our electoral map.

Jake, these states like Florida and North Carolina and Pennsylvania and Ohio, they will decide- presumably- what's going on. Your take?

JAKE TAPPER: Well, Pennsylvania, we still haven't heard anything. We know in North Carolina, democrats are suspecting that this race could go down to the wire, possibly not even being called tonight. And then you look at Florida. That's a race that could be decided by one or two percentage points. As we've been saying all night, the Cruz campaign and the Republican National Commitee says that there is no real path to the presidency for Ted Cruz without the state of Florida. That's why both candidates have spent so many days and so many millions of dollars there recently leading up to today.

WOLF BLITZER: So no surprises as of yet but the night is still young. Election nights usually have one or two captivating storylines that develop, so we'll see if one emerges within the hour or, perhaps later in the night. Let's go now to Dana Bash and talk demographics.

Most of Wolf Blitzer's dialogue was lifted directly from the real election night coverage. The man just keeps talking and repeating himself. :p
My Banners:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

When I first saw Other, I thought a third-party candidate was running away with it the race.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Hi :)
My last game was the 2015 championship game. It's been a while, and I'm thinking of trying out a small simple game. Would this one qualify?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Welcome back, FZ. :)

This game ought to be pretty simple. That's the heist way.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:Hi :)
My last game was the 2015 championship game. It's been a while, and I'm thinking of trying out a small simple game. Would this one qualify?
Hi FZ!!! Great to see you again. :hugs:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

FZ!!!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2016- 9:00 p.m. EST

WOLF BLITZER: Polling in 14 states including two huge ones- Texas and New York- as well as in several other states closing right now. We’re getting ready to make some projections.

Alright, take a look at this. We project that Hillary Clinton will carry her home state of New York. That’s 29 electoral votes. Hillary Clinton will win New York state. That’s the deceased Donald Trump’s home state as well. Hillary Clinton takes the Empire State.

Ted Cruz, we project, will win Kansas with its six electoral votes, Nebraska with its five electoral votes, and Wyoming with its three electoral votes. Ted Cruz wins those three. Ted Cruz wins another state. He will carry South Dakota with its three electoral votes. Ted Cruz could carry some more states.

Let’s take a look right now at the states where it’s too early right now to make a projection. In yellow, these are the states where the polls are closed but it is too early or too close yet to make a projection. Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, Texas- that’s Ted Cruz’s home state, and Wisconsin. No projections yet for these states.

WOLF BLITZER: In the race for 270 electoral votes, you can see on our electoral map that Hillary Clinton leads Ted Cruz right now by 15 electoral votes. Hillary Clinton on top by 15 right now and the first to break the 100-electoral vote mark. Hillary Clinton now in triple digits with Ted Cruz trailing by 15. Remember, 270- that’s the number you need to be elected President of the United States. You can see on the map, all the blue states mark those states won by Hillary Clinton. The red states are states won by Ted Cruz. The yellow states- all the yellow states are states where the polls are closed but it is still too early or too close to make a projection at this time. Jake, what are your thoughts? Big win for Hillary Clinton in New York, is it not?

JAKE TAPPER: Right, Wolf, it is a big win because of the 29 electoral votes. Perhaps not as significant of a symbolic win without Donald Trump on the ticket. Before his death, his campaign team felt that they had a shot at winning, not so much with Manhattan, which is predominantly democrat, but by building support in the upstate counties. Whether that ever materialized for the Trump campaign is irrelevant now, with Clinton winning.

WOLF BLITZER: And now let’s talk to Dana Bash about these all-important Senate races. Dana, what can you tell us?

DANA BASH: While there have been plenty of projections for the presidency, Wolf, the numbers coming in have not led us to many projections in the Senate as of now. Democrats will easily hold their seats in four states- Connecticut, Maryland, New York, and Vermont, while Republicans have secured enough votes so far to only hold one of their seats. James Lankford looks to be a lock in the Oklahoma race.

WOLF BLITZER: None of those results, Dana, very surprising.

DANA BASH: Not at all. In fact, most of these Senate races should not be very competitive. The ones that will be are mostly in states where votes are already being counted: Pennsylvania, Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, and perhaps Arizona and Nevada later tonight.

WOLF BLITZER: Thank you Dana. Now we’re going to come over here and take a look at some of these undecided races with John King.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

While the build-up to this game is extensive, the setup is simple (as Heists should be). Narrative elements aside, this should be a good game to slip back into the habit with. :)
My Banners:
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by Ricochet »

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome. Missed you all :hugs:
If I decide to join, us there a way to know when the game starts without having to check this thread regularly?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

FZ. wrote:Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome. Missed you all :hugs:
If I decide to join, us there a way to know when the game starts without having to check this thread regularly?
The game doesn't have a set start date but I will send out role PMs when we reach 15 players. That will state the start date and time as well as how long the Day 0 intro phase will last.
My Banners:
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

G-Man wrote:
FZ. wrote:Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome. Missed you all :hugs:
The game doesn't have a set start date but I will send out role PMs when we reach 15 players. That will state the start date and time as well as how long the Day 0 intro phase will last.
Great. I'm going to try the game. I'm much busier these days, so I hope I can keep up.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2016- 10:00 p.m. EST

WOLF BLITZER: We’re only seconds away from the top of the hour. Four states are closing. Right now, we are able to make two projections. CNN projects that Ted Cruz will win the state of Montana and its three electoral votes. Another important win for Ted Cruz in Montana. He gets those three electoral votes. Every electoral vote will count tonight.

CNN also projects Ted Cruz will win the state of Utah. Utah, with its six electoral votes and heavily conservative Mormon population deliver a win for Ted Cruz. When Donald Trump was the Republican nominee, polls suggested this state might be competitive for Hillary Clinton but when Ted Cruz took over as the nominee and Independent candidate Evan McMullin dropped out of the race, Utah became an almost shoe-in for Ted Cruz. Six more electoral votes for Ted Cruz from Utah.

And now for a key race alert. Too close to call in two of these states closing. In Iowa with its six electoral votes, too early to call. No projection there. In Nevada, six electoral votes, too early to call there as well. No projection.

Now let’s update you with the all-important electoral college map. Where it stands right now, you can see Ted Cruz maintains the lead that he obtained this past hour. He has 144 electoral votes compared to Hillary Clinton’s 108. That’s a 55 vote surge in the last hour for Senator Ted Cruz, while Hillary Clinton has only gained four this hour.

WOLF BLITZER: Here is another key race update right now. Let’s see where the votes stand. In Florida, 92% of the votes are in. Ted Cruz hold about a 10,000 vote lead there in the state of Florida over Hillary Clinton. Eight percent of votes yet to be counted there. In North Carolina, 81% of the vote is in. Cruz maintains an impressive 125,000 vote lead over Hillary Clinton. Fifteen electoral votes at stake there.

In Ohio, 67% of the vote is in. Ted Cruz holding a very impressive almost 250,000 vote lead over Hillary Clinton. Eighteen electoral votes at stake in the Buckeye State. In Virginia, some good news for Hillary Clinton. Almost 85% of the vote is in. Hillary Clinton now edging ahead of Ted Cruz by 30,000 votes in the home state of her running mate, Tim Kaine. Thirteen electoral votes in play there in Virginia. Hillary Clinton ahead there.

Let’s go to Georgia right now. In the state of Georgia, almost half the vote is in. Ted Cruz is up- here too he has an impressive lead. A 400,000 vote lead over Hillary Clinton right now in Georgia for its key 16 electoral votes. In Colorado, just over half the vote is in. Hillary Clinton has a lead of about 81,000 votes over Ted Cruz in the state of Colorado. In Michigan, a quarter of the vote is in. Cruz is still maintaining a lead of almost 26,000 votes over Hillary Clinton right now. Twenty-four percent of the vote is in. Sixteen electoral votes there in Michigan.

More votes coming in. Take a look at Wisconsin. With 28% of the vote in, Cruz is leading by about 15,000 votes in Wisconsin. Ten electoral votes at stake there. In Pennsylvania, a third of the vote is in. Hillary Clinton is off to an impressive lead. A near 200,000 vote lead over Ted Cruz. Twenty electoral votes in Pennsylvania. Votes beginning to come in in Arizona. Ted Cruz has a lead of about 1,800 votes over Hillary Clinton. Eleven electoral votes in Arizona.

Now let’s look nationwide at the popular vote. Where we stand right now, Ted Cruz is ahead nationally by 873,000 votes. Nationwide, that’s the popular vote with an estimated 44% of all votes counted so far. Back over to the electoral votes and you see once again that Ted Cruz is ahead 144 to 108 over Hillary Clinton. Two hundred seventy, we got to remind you, that’s the magic number it takes to win the White House.

I want to go live now to Jeff Zeleny at the Clinton campaign headquarters in New York. Jeff, what is the mood out there right now as it appears that Ted Cruz is putting up a much stronger fight than expected?

JEFF ZELENY: Thanks, Wolf. It’s still a very positive atmosphere here at Clinton HQ. At the start of the night, obviously, there was more of a party atmosphere. But now, the mood has shifted slightly but no one here is troubled by the latest projections. The middle of the country- the heartland- that is core Republican territory. Most of those states are smaller in population, so it’s taking less time for them to count their votes and the margins are so heavily in favor of Republicans that you guys can make those calls sooner.

WOLF BLITZER: So Cruz’s lead in the popular vote and the electoral vote aren’t a concern? What about the somewhat surprising close races in the battleground states like Florida, Virginia, and even surprise races in states like Wisconsin and Michigan?

JEFF ZELENY: No, because the Clinton campaign knew there were going to be a lot of close states that could take a while to sort out. One staffer I spoke to said that they told people at the start of the night that the central and mountain time zone states were going to see a surge for Cruz’s numbers. At 11:00 p.m., it’s going to be the opposite. You’ll have the West Coast closing and all of those states- California, Oregon, Washington, and Hawaii- those will all go to Secretary Clinton and they believe we’ll see these margins start flipping the other way.

WOLF BLITZER: Thanks Jeff. We’ll check in with you again later. Now we want to move to Sara Murray in Texas at Ted Cruz’s campaign headquarters tonight for reaction and insight from the Republican side of this contest.
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

i just realized i am modding this game. :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Well, might as well
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

I read the entirety of the most recent post before I realized I was on the second page. I need more scotch.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

In.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

notsawyer540 wrote:I read the entirety of the most recent post before I realized I was on the second page. I need more scotch.
Cheers to that. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2016- 11:00 p.m. EST

WOLF BLITZER: A key race alert coming in now ahead of the 11:00 closings. CNN can now project that Ted Cruz will win Ohio. His lead over Hillary Clinton has grown substantial enough that she cannot come back and win there in Ohio. The Clinton campaign thought they had a message that resonated with many Ohioans but votes certainly suggest otherwise tonight. This is a very important win for Ted Cruz and this has to start raising some concerns inside the Clinton campaign, especially as close as the race seems to be neck-and-neck in both Michigan and Pennsylvania right now. Right Jake?

JAKE TAPPER: Yeah, Wolf. I mean, tonight has certainly not gone the way a lot of people expected. Polling showed a wider lead for Hillary Clinton heading into to Election Day and it just seems like the polls were off by a considerable bit. Whether it’s people changing their minds or pollsters missing a segment of the voting population, something went wrong and the confidence of the Clinton campaign and her supporters has to be strained right now.

Like John King told us earlier, if one or more of the so-called Blue Wall states don’t continue their streak of voting Democrat, it opens up a real path for Ted Cruz to obtain the presidency. At that point, Brooklyn, we have a problem.

WOLF BLITZER: Polls are about to close in five western states, including California, with its 55 electoral votes. We’re getting ready to make some major projections. Let’s get ready for that right now.

And CNN projects Hillary Clinton will win four of those western states. Clinton will carry the state of California with its 55 electoral votes. That’s a huge win for Hillary Clinton in California. She will also carry Hawaii with its four electoral votes. Hawaii, Hillary Clinton wins in Hawaii. CNN also projects that Secretary Clinton will carry Oregon and its seven electoral votes. Another solid win expected there in Oregon. Another win projected for Hillary Clinton in the state of Washington. Washington, with its 12 electoral votes, will go to Hillary Clinton.

Ted Cruz will win in Idaho, claiming its four electoral votes. Another win projected for Cruz in North Dakota. North Dakota, with three electoral votes, was already leaning heavily in favor of Cruz but no projection until just now as a few final polling stations close for the night.

WOLF BLITZER: Alright, let’s look at our electoral map now. Hillary Clinton still finds herself trailing Ted Cruz in the electoral college 206 votes to 195. That late win in Ohio keeping Cruz in the lead and also pushing him past the 200 electoral vote mark. He is now just 64 electoral votes away from becoming the next President of the United States. Dana Bash- perhaps some concern now creeping in for the Clinton campaign.

DANA BASH: Not only that, Wolf, but Democrats in general have got to feeling a little nervous right now as we look at these Senate races. The House was safe. The Republicans were all but guaranteed to retain the House in this election. Democrats had really hoped, though, to be competitive in these Senate races. Several Republican seats were viewed at vulnerable. These were seats won in the 2010 backlash against the Affordable Care Act among other things.

WOLF BLITZER: And that does not appear to be the case tonight.

DANA BASH: Right. The chances of flipping the Senate are growing worse and worse for the Democrats as these results come in. Some of these races they hoped to have a real shot at flipping- Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, Ohio- all of these potential flips have instead been retained by the Republicans.

WOLF BLITZER: What races are still out there that could flip the Senate?

DANA BASH: Republicans had 54 seats heading into the night. The Democrats had 44 plus the two Independents that caucus with the Democrats. They needed five to gain true majority with those Independents in tow. If Hillary Clinton holds on to win, then they only need to pick up four seats to tie the Senate and gain majority status by virtue of a Democratic Vice President.

So far, they have flipped one seat- Illinois. That was probably going to be the easiest for them to take away from the Republicans. That means they still need to flip three seats if Hillary Clinton wins or four seats if Ted Cruz wins. Three more flips might be possible but four might be a stretch. Iowa is on the verge of being called for Republican Chuck Grassley. That only leaves four states left where Democrats have any real chance of winning. Missouri is still counting votes but Republican Roy Blunt has been holding onto a 40,000 vote lead for a while now.

If not Missouri, then they have to flip all three of New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin and have Hillary Clinton win the presidency. All three of those states have razor thin margins right now in these Senate races.

WOLF BLITZER: Thank you Dana. Indeed, on this election night, it seems that nothing is guaranteed.
My Banners:
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

ok
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2016- 12:00 a.m. EST

WOLF BLITZER: Midnight is approaching and with it will come the final poll closing of Election Day. Alaska is about to close in a few seconds so let's get ready for a CNN projection right now.
WOLF BLITZER: CNN is projecting that Ted Cruz will win Alaska. Alaska, with its three electoral votes, will go to Ted Cruz, further extending his lead over Hillary Clinton. Senator Cruz picked up the states of Iowa and North Carolina within the last hour, bringing him up to 230 electoral votes. Hillary Clinton saw wins called in Colorado, Nevada, and Virginia in the last hour, bringing her total to 223 electoral votes. This leaves just five states left to call: Florida, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. We'll talk to John King in a minute but first an update on the Senate races with Dana Bash.

DANA BASH: Wolf, there's not a lot of new information to report and what we have isn't surprising. Democrats will retain their Senate seats in California, Hawaii, and Oregon. Republicans will hold on to Idaho and Iowa. Iowa was one of those states that Democrats had hoped to be competitive in but it just didn't come out that way.

WOLF BLITZER: And where do we stand right now on the Senate makeup?

DANA BASH: With these last few races called, Republicans are up to 47 seats, Democrats are up to 42 seats, and there are two Independents who were not up for reelection this year. With those Independents still likely to caucus with the Democrats, that puts us at 47-44 in favor of Republicans.

WOLF BLITZER: What races are still out there and what do we know about them?

DANA BASH: There are nine races left to call, one of which is the Louisiana Senate race. Their so-called jungle primary is pretty well over, with one Democrat and one Republican making it to the run-off election a few weeks from now. The Republican is favored in that race, so we could consider that a seat that is penciled in for Republicans to retain.

WOLF BLITZER: Making it 48-44.

DANA BASH: Democrats are expecting to win in Colorado and Washington, and they're favored to win in Nevada. That would make it 48-47. Republicans should keep a hold of both Alaska and Missouri. That would give them 50 votes, assuming a win in the Louisiana run-off. If Ted Cruz pulls of a shocker and wins tonight, it's game over in the Senate. The Republicans will keep the majority.

That would force Democrats to flip New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin just to tie the Senate at 50 a piece to clinch a majority if Hillary Clinton wins. New Hampshire and Pennsylvania are very tight but it looks like Wisconsin is heading in the wrong direction for Democrats to be hopeful tonight.

WOLF BLITZER: Thanks you Dana. John King, let's talk about some of these last few states. What are we seeing and what areas have yet to report?

JOHN KING: Wolf, the story tonight in these remaining states, as well as some of the states we've already called, is rural voter turnout. While overall voter turnout seems to be lighter than recent elections, several rural towns, townships, and counties are reporting record turnout.

WOLF BLITZER: And that turnout likely benefited Cruz moreso than Clinton?

JOHN KING: Overwhelmingly so. Look at these margins in rural parts of North Carolina, Ohio, and Virginia. Here's Cruz up by 50%, here by 60%, and here by 55%. It's easy to dismiss these small communities and regions individually because they don't contribute many votes on their own. But as we've seen tonight, Wolf, when turnout is as consistently high and as lopsided as we're seeing, it adds up in a big way. The Clinton campaign hoped to be competitive in Ohio and North Carolina but look what happened. Cruz wins by over 100,000 votes in North Carolina and walks away with Ohio, getting over 300,000 more votes there than Clinton. This rural turnout is also why it took so long for Virginia to be called. Clinton is winning now by 120,000 votes but it took a lot longer than the campaign wanted. They viewed Virginia as more of a chip shot. They were wrong.

WOLF BLITZER: Alright. We're going to take a break but when we return, we will come back to John King and discuss these final five states as Election Day bleeds into Wednesday.
My Banners:

Return to “Previous Heist Sign-Ups”