Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

[TREE MAFIA] Mafia Chat Thread

Post by Marmot »

Rules for the mafia team

1) This is the [i]only[/i] place where the mafia may discuss the game outside of the thread.
2) This thread will be locked during the day phases, and only open for chat during night phases.
3) You may submit your night action via this thread. Please bold your kill choice in a manner such as "We will [b]kill SVS[/b] tonight", bolding the player you plan to kill. You may change your choice on who to kill, but I will only accept the [i]final[/i] kill choice submitted.
4) You need not select a killer, as there is no mechanic in this game where a specific killer would need to be identified, so your kill will be a team kill, regardless of who submits it.
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Mafia Chat Thread

Post by Marmot »

Y'all may chat now. Have fun. :)

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

How awesome was that? Cop lynched Day 1... I still can't believe it!

What an insane Day 1! Apologies for being MIA for most of it, but I have a crazy week ahead of me, and one of my Finals tomorrow.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

We absolutely must kill Sorsha, since Enrique was silly enough to leave that peek there right before his death.
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Diiny »

bus me bus me bus me

that was hilarious. I laughed out loud. Best luck ever after I fucked it hard
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Diiny wrote:bus me bus me bus me

that was hilarious. I laughed out loud. Best luck ever after I fucked it hard
You did alright, don't worry, it was a really tough situation for you to be in right off the bat. I was contemplating whether to bus you as I was catching up, but decided against it in the end, and am very glad that I did.

I still intend to pursue zebra and FZ. heavily tomorrow, but I'll be sure to send heat your way if I believe anything you say would be considered suspicious by civilian hat MP.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I might be getting too friendly with you and I have little to no content on aokiji which isn't good. Bus me.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

How much shit can we throw at doc for luring out the real doc?

We can say that that was his plan all along

In all honestly I genuinely think it's the only reason that makes sense for him to do what he did. Still wondering on the real reason
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

With the cop dead, we definitely can win this thing.

I don't think we should go out of our way to distance from each other, but I think we should conversely not be afraid to distance at all if we think something that one of our teammates has said appears scummy. I'm all for tactful distancing; in fact, people tend to expect that from me more than my teammates re: meta. So throw heat at me as you wish, but my advice is just don't try to force it too much. I've been burned by that before, trying to distance too hard from my teammates when their posts weren't scummy enough to warrant it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Diiny wrote:I might be getting too friendly with you and I have little to no content on aokiji which isn't good. Bus me.
Indeed, definitely engage with him tomorrow, and I'll try to engage with you and motel room more as well... as much as I can, since I tend to be a player that engages with everyone.

Warning though: Until the 8th, I'll have sporadic activity as I did for Day 1, but I'll try as much as I can to improve it going forward. RL just takes the priority with respect to Finals and such.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Diiny wrote:How much shit can we throw at doc for luring out the real doc?

We can say that that was his plan all along

In all honestly I genuinely think it's the only reason that makes sense for him to do what he did. Still wondering on the real reason
Go for it.

However, I'm going to double down on my town read of him. I think it's best if we express our thoughts regarding Wilgy (and any other player for that matter) as organically as possible, and it would appear potentially opportunistic of me to drastically change my tune at this point.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I definitely am scummy enough. ;)

I'll take what you said on board, though.
Maybe I can turn this around. That'd be a laugh. I'm particularly pround of egging on wilgy to secure a lynch that could've been me. Seems civ :o

linkis: real life takes precedence, of course. Good luck w/ everything man, hope it's going well. And re wilgy I forgot you had a town read so definately stay organic. You've done a good job of that so far, you had some good looking mini flip flops on me as you read through the thread.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 40

Post by motel room »

hi you lot.
Fuck I hate being scum i'm so rusty after over 10 games of town

That ended up alright though
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Diiny wrote:I definitely am scummy enough. ;)

I'll take what you said on board, though.
Maybe I can turn this around. That'd be a laugh. I'm particularly pround of egging on wilgy to secure a lynch that could've been me. Seems civ :o

linkis: real life takes precedence, of course. Good luck w/ everything man, hope it's going well. And re wilgy I forgot you had a town read so definately stay organic. You've done a good job of that so far, you had some good looking mini flip flops on me as you read through the thread.
That'd be awesome! I'm confident you can do it, especially after seeing your performance in AOL Chat Room (#89). That said, I think your propensity to be lynched will still likely be pretty high in the next couple of cycles, but it's tough to gauge what will happen in Day 2, especially after this flip. You better bet I'll bus you if it makes sense to, though, and if by that time you've posted in a scummily-enough fashion that I think civilian MP would vote for you.

I was a bit nervous about flopping on you mid-catch up, but thought that it made sense to given how damning Wilgy made your behavior look in ISO (I genuinely didn't realize it until that post). I think you're right and that it'll work out, but I'm still a bit anxious about it.

Thanks! I think you've handled everything OK too, considering how intense your heat has been right from the beginning. I honestly began wondering if MM would even shake up the rules like that, but didn't want to entertain that possibility. Lol. I think motel room has done a fine job of contributing but not attracting too much attention so far as well.

Winning won't be an easy battle because we're up against a tough town (that player list is unreal), but I'm confident that we can do this, especially with this team of three and taking down the cop D1.

And re: RL stuff, thanks much! :) Hopefully I won't need it, and I'll crush these last assignments and exams. So far, so good, just crazy busy.

You both cool with the NK of Sorsha? Mac recently indicated that he thinks he was Enrique's peek, but Enrique posted "Sorsha green" right as he was going down at the end there, so I think that's pretty clear, but wanted to be sure you two were interpreting it the same way and were OK with it.

With that, I really need to go now... but I'll check back in before Night 1's deadline, likely in about 21 hours.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Are you all fine with the kill-submission format I mentioned in the OP? I just want to verify that y'all have read it and agree.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

You guys are killing it though :)

Yep MM I read the kill submission dealie. Thumbs up.
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

So sorsha is the peek. Who should we kill? I'm thinking like Floyd or something? He said something about a "role", be funny if he was the doctor if theres a doctor
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Wait I just saw your para on the kill MP - yeah im cool with whoever. Sorsha doesnt seem too dangerous atm and if there's a doc they'll be on her i reckon
ImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

That's true, actually. It might be worth our while to find out if there even is a doc?
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Kill shosha
Cons:
Probably doc target if there is a doc which (50 percent chance)
Unlikely she IS the doc either

Pros:
Find out whether there's a doc if she is protected
Wipe out a confirmed townie

What did floyd say about a role? I want to keep him alive, he's lynchable. But if you guys think he's the doc...
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

oh yeah

I think it's likely he was using role accidentally instead of alignment but he is a major slipper
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

What about Wilgy, Dr Wilgy?
ImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Why do you want to kill wilgy dr wilgy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, that's right, I didn't think of the doctor when I proposed the Sorsha kill. I still think it would be a good way to go, but not sure if it's worth the wasted kill... any other preferences?
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

If floyd's the doc he'll protect j forever imo
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

uhhh. I'm happy with sorsha even though if there's a doc there's massive chance they'll be protecting sorsh. Screw it. Mac's on top form but he's just lynched the cop so I'm ok with letting him squirm for a while. Epi's being quiet enough to get by in my books, J too. Zeb maybe? Wifom on me but whateva
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

i dont really mind who we go with. night kills are all wifom anyway :P sorsha works for me.
ImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

yeah, screw it. Good to find out if there's a doc nice and early anyway.

We could do the gambitiest gambit of all time, though. We could withdraw a nightkill, hope there isn't a doc and one of us can claim doc. ;)
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

claiming doc this early would be death though. BUT i am always up for a gambity gambit :dark:
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I love gambits myself... who would be the one to claim doctor, if so?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Diiny wrote:If floyd's the doc he'll protect j forever imo
Double-targeting is not allowed (targeting the same player on consecutive nights).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, MM, I'm OK with the kill submission method via the thread.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Probably not me. someone reputable. We could make the gambit NEXT LEVEL by claiming to have protected another player and withholding an nk

linki MM: my b

link MP: me2
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh, how are you posting failed kills in the Night post? Will a withheld NK = doc protected an otherwise successful NK?
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

"doctor" would need to have a list of targets protected at whatever point they claim. Knowing whether there's a doctor is a good idea then so yeah Sorsha kill? But then also why didnt whoever claims doctor protect Sorsha night 1? shrug

Work has gotten insanely busy last couple days also so if at any point it seems beneficial to bus me, do it.
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Metalmarsh, how are you posting failed kills in the Night post? Will a withheld NK = doc protected an otherwise successful NK?
Yes, it will be simple stupid. If nobody dies, then I will state that nobody has died, regardless if a kill was attempted or not.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Diiny wrote:Probably not me. someone reputable. We could make the gambit NEXT LEVEL by claiming to have protected another player and withholding an nk

linki MM: my b

link MP: me2
No problem, just wanted to remind you all. :biggrin:

And of course that goes for this team as well.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

motel room wrote:"doctor" would need to have a list of targets protected at whatever point they claim. Knowing whether there's a doctor is a good idea then so yeah Sorsha kill? But then also why didnt whoever claims doctor protect Sorsha night 1? shrug

Work has gotten insanely busy last couple days also so if at any point it seems beneficial to bus me, do it.
I'm all for Sorsha kill, unless we really think the doc gambit is a good idea. I think finding out whether there is a doc tonight by seeing if Sorsha dies could open the door for a subsequent doc gambit... right?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Metalmarsh, how are you posting failed kills in the Night post? Will a withheld NK = doc protected an otherwise successful NK?
Yes, it will be simple stupid. If nobody dies, then I will state that nobody has died, regardless if a kill was attempted or not.
Figured as much, just thought I'd ask. Thanks!
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

kyll sorsha, we can always decide to do the gambit another time
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

I really dont think claiming "doctor" this early can be seen as anything but a lie. Scum would kill doctor immediately.

We can withold the kill to plan a doctor claim down the track but then we dont know if a real doctor will counter claim.

I reckon just kill. We can get clever later?
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

speaking of gambits, I've always wondered what effect it would have on the game to have scum kill a scum player. So much speculation probably but for good or bad lol
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Perfect.

We will kill Sorsha tonight.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

motel room wrote:speaking of gambits, I've always wondered what effect it would have on the game to have scum kill a scum player. So much speculation probably but for good or bad lol
LOL, I've actually speculated trying that myself, but from a numbers standpoint it's just such a ridiculously bad move.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Perfect.

We will kill Sorsha tonight.
You sure you don't want to kill Deeny Diny Diiny? :grin:

Noted. Night will end in about 1 hour.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

my name is a meme

:(
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

This thread will be locked for the next ~46 hours, 30 minutes.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Mafia Chat is open. :O

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh my god, this game!!!!

What a freaking rollercoaster that Day was.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Guys, we can totally do this. Keep up the good work.

Return to “Previous Spectator and Mafia Chats”