[TREE MAFIA] Spectator Chat

Moderator: Community Team

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Spectator Chat

Post by FZ. »

FZ. wrote:
Golden wrote:Well, to be fair, in spectator chat I don't analyse, just speak my gut. so, just my gut feels!
So does your guy say I was bad or not?
*gut, not guy
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Golden »

FZ. wrote:
Golden wrote:Well, to be fair, in spectator chat I don't analyse, just speak my gut. so, just my gut feels!
Not since sig took over :haha:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Golden wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Not since sig took over :haha:
Then he's better at being bad than I am
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I have to say, if I was in the game, I would have been pushing for your lynch day one.

I honestly couldn't tell you why, though, but thats often true of my game. I just get gut feelings that posting isn't genuine. Sometimes I can eventually figure out what it is, other times I can't.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

So FZ - it is you/sig, Diiny and MP then, I think...

I don't really see JJJ as likely to be your teammate. I think epi has floyd wrong (And floyd is playing a decent civ game for once) and I don't think epi is bad.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Okay, I was kidding. I was a townie. Good thing you're not in the game :haha:

Kidding (about you in the game, not about me being good). I guess it's a good thing people don't always see you as sure townie. Then, when you're really bad, they remember thinking you were bad and when you were good...
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I don't know who is bad, and I haven't really been reading the last 6 pages or so, so I can't even comment. I do wonder about motel room.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, in that case, I think it is JJJ.

And yes, it is better. The other way around is worse, and thats what I get... people always feel I'm town and then don't forget that I was actually bad.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Golden wrote:Oh, in that case, I think it is JJJ.

And yes, it is better. The other way around is worse, and thats what I get... people always feel I'm town and then don't forget that I was actually bad.
The problem with players who give it all as town, have to play the same as mafia, and it's a lot harder to keep up. But people expect you to. That's why I like being town more than mafia. Though my last few games are changing things a little, LOL
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

JJJ is an example for that. People expect him to do a lot more when he's a civvie. Now he's paying for it. It could be that he's really busy like he claims to be, but with that sort of player, you know that when he's a civvie, he can't help himself but obsess about the game. You know what I mean?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 7

Post by S~V~S »

FZ. wrote:

The problem with players who give it all as town, have to play the same as mafia, and it's a lot harder to keep up. But people expect you to. That's why I like being town more than mafia. Though my last few games are changing things a little, LOL
This is why I made a weird decision years ago~ I had a very aggressive civ game, and it was very distinctive. So I got Nked night one all the time when I was civ, and started getting lynched more when bad becasue it was hard to keep up that level when I was bad. At that point most people, when changing up their game, try to make their bad game more civ. I took the opposite tack and started consciously playing my civ game more like my bad game, and it has worked for me. I actually get suspected more when I am a civ.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
FZ. wrote:

This is why I made a weird decision years ago~ I had a very aggressive civ game, and it was very distinctive. So I got Nked night one all the time when I was civ, and started getting lynched more when bad becasue it was hard to keep up that level when I was bad. At that point most people, when changing up their game, try to make their bad game more civ. I took the opposite tack and started consciously playing my civ game more like my bad game, and it has worked for me. I actually get suspected more when I am a civ.
Getting nightkilled ain't fun. Every time I try to be supatown, I get nightkilled. :llama:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 19

Post by DrWilgy »

See... This is why I purposely meta shift myself... Chances that the Wilgy that doesn't give a shit is mafia are the same as the chamces that supatown Wilgy is mafia.

Chances of gimmicky Wilgy being mafia... I need to even that one out now...
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also, the main reason for the suspicion FZ is due to the reasoning that cop may not have even existed.

You went along with something that had a 50% chance to be true on game launch, then a 1 out of 13 chance that I was cop. Lastly a 0 out of 1 based on me lying about mechanics.

That's 0% chance of me being cop... And 1/26 chance of me being cop if I didn't lie about mechanics.

RIP JJJ, if Diiny is bad and you convinced me off of him day 1 I'm going to enter a state of salt the world has never seen!
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Poor Jay. Isn't this like the first time he's ever been lynched as town not on Day 1? :(

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 13
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

JJJ no :(
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Ricochet »

Goddamnit
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

RIP JJJ. I told you he was paying a price... :p Tow is doomed.
DrWilgy wrote:Also, the main reason for the suspicion FZ is due to the reasoning that cop may not have even existed.

You went along with something that had a 50% chance to be true on game launch, then a 1 out of 13 chance that I was cop. Lastly a 0 out of 1 based on me lying about mechanics.

That's 0% chance of me being cop... And 1/26 chance of me being cop if I didn't lie about mechanics.

RIP JJJ, if Diiny is bad and you convinced me off of him day 1 I'm going to enter a state of salt the world has never seen!
That's exactly the reason why I did trust you, because if you were lying, then it would be so easy to find out. I went along with it until you told me differently. I think as a baddie, I would make it a lot less obvious with how I addressed it, but that's me speculating on how I'd behave. Unless I was bad with Diiny, in which case, I would ask the host if there was a way the cop can get a red peek. So either way, I don't think I'd react the way I did, as mafia.
S~V~S wrote:
FZ. wrote:

:sigh: I wish I could do that. I don't think I'd have much fun if I couldn't act the way I wanted to even as a civvie. It's enough you have to "act" as a baddie. The liberating feeling of being yourself as a townie is what I enjoy. Too bad people often find me bad for it, haha.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Poor Jay. Isn't this like the first time he's ever been lynched as town not on Day 1? :(
2nd time. The first time was in my third game ever. :p

3rd overall time I've been lynched as a townie. And now I feel like I can't hang my hat on that anymore. 3 times isn't that great. :sigh:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S wrote:
FZ. wrote:

I can dig that. I'm often tempted to do the same, but always end up deciding against it.

I have set an incredibly difficult standard for myself as a townie, but I think it has made me a better player overall -- especially when I'm forced to try to meet that standard for as long as I can as a bad guy. There is a price though, as this game illustrates. When I'm unable to live up to my own billing, I not only risk getting lynched, but I'm also just plain less effective. I did very little in this game.

Even if my suspicion of Epignosis was accurate, I didn't do enough to sell it. I'm just out of gas.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:RIP JJJ, if Diiny is bad and you convinced me off of him day 1 I'm going to enter a state of salt the world has never seen!
:beer:

To be fair, I never told anyone to take their votes off of Diiny. I only advised caution and thoroughness, as I do every time a bandwagon develops as easily as Diiny's did. I'm still not sure he's a baddie though. :shrug:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Potential trend brewing. :ponder:

I think my best town performance on RYM was game #77. I was lynched as a townie in #78.

I think my best town performance on The Syndicate so far was Talking Heads. I was lynched as a townie in my next game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Did MM just confirm a doctor?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:Did MM just confirm a doctor?
No I did not. But I can't ignore the possible existence of one.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

But to be fair, there was a doctor ever since Wilgy signed up.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 20

Post by a2thezebra »

Sorry JJJ, even though I didn't vote for you I could've done better.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Oh and Wilgy. Lordy lordy.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:But to be fair, there was a doctor ever since Wilgy signed up.

Welcome Zebra.
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:But to be fair, there was a doctor ever since Wilgy signed up.

Welcome Zebra.
It's so nice being dead. No responsibility to save the other civilians, etc etc. Good to see you Wilgy. :)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

They needed a reminder because they keep lynching civilians. XD

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

So Mac is the first person to say it isn't Diiny, therefore I think it is Diiny and Mac. Therefore not Motel Room.

Diiny, Mac and...

Epi?

I don't know, I've been wrong about everything this game except not lynching Enrique. Good game scum.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

This game ain't over!

But yeah, mafia is killing it so far.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

One could even say that they've been clear-cutting the competition. :haha:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I wonder if, in closed setups like these, if a lylo phase is not certain because of a role (such as a doctor), the Host could just imply it may or may not be lylo, but still leave the Day phase poll non-changeable, as if it would be lylo.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
I wonder if, in closed setups like these, if a lylo phase is not certain because of a role (such as a doctor), the Host could just imply it may or may not be lylo, but still leave the Day phase poll non-changeable, as if it would be lylo.
Even if there is no doctor, the mafia would have to kill a player tonight to end the game (and not lose someone to the lynch of course). Mafia has considered not killing a player each of the last two nights regardless of knowing if a doctor is in play. I don't think they would do that tonight, but it is possible.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Even if there is no doctor, the mafia would have to kill a player tonight to end the game (and not lose someone to the lynch of course). Mafia has considered not killing a player each of the last two nights regardless of knowing if a doctor is in play. I don't think they would do that tonight, but it is possible.
lol wat pacifist mafiosos?

I forgot your game also incorporates no lynch, therefore mylo is also an option.

otherwise, I don't understand what'd be so different from Pet Sounds that, if a doctor is not actually present, this wouldn't fit the lylo criteria (except for...mafia abstinance? channelling my Epignosis here: why would they do that?) 6 civ casualties there as well, then D4 lynch sealed it.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

No lynch was only available on the first day.

But yeah, mafia thinking about a gambit. XD

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Considering skipped night kills smells like Mac.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Hmm... I didn't know I was mafia! I was totally thinking at the end of day 1, y'know if I were bad... I would skip a kill tonight.
Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Why?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I mean really, there's no way there's a doctor as soon as Sorsha dies. Seems like a pointless move at this point.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think Floyd is town. I also think he'll get lynched. Not seeing much effort yet in this phase.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

How predictable that we get to lylo and suddenly everyone wants to lynch Floyd. Hello baddies. *waves to Mac and Diiny*
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Get em Rob! He is town's only hope at this point.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Diiny, Epi, Mac. Kill them all.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

There is no hope for town.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:There is no hope for town.
I think they've got a hope at lynching mafia today. But we'll see if they can get three (or even 2) in a row.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:There is no hope for town.
I think they've got a hope at lynching mafia today. But we'll see if they can get three (or even 2) in a row.
That's what I mean. In the long run they don't stand a chance.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Unless there's a doctor in the house and they git-er-dun. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

tru

Return to “Previous Spectator and Mafia Chats”