[LOST Again S1] Mafia chat

Moderator: Community Team

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 67

Re: Mafia chat

Post by Bullzeye »

We will see. I dunno if people might think I'm the most likely to use a tactic like deliberately not killing. I don't think I am, but people have got me lynched before by wrongly assuming they know how I'd act in a particular context. Wilgy promised to avoid the endgame coinflip so maybe that will make him look bad or maybe it'll make him look good. We'll have to do some serious thinking about who we want in the final three, I'm thinking one of SVS or Epi might have to die as both trust me and each other too much to count on their support of our win. This is still going to be tough.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 105
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Both could be dangerous together in the final 3. They are also the 2 that are most civ-looking. Objectively, SVS is the most civ looking, but both are smart and could turn the tide if left alive.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I think either one would stick with me in the final 3 if the other was Nutella or Wilgy. However if I leave them both alive I'm not sure they won't turn on me. Right now I think Epi is the better option to keep alive but that could change. I will see how day plays out to decide which to kill.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Also tonight's lack of kill will look bad for Nutella so I wonder if she'll be lynched next. Wilgy's comments earlier on could also put him in danger.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I'm sorry about the interview, Bullz. If it makes you feel any better, I was rejected a total of 41 times in 2015 (often by the same people) before getting the job I have now. Stay in it, bro!

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Thanks man :) Like I said in the Arkham thread, I'm legit not that arsed about this one. It would've been nice, but the uni was meh and there are a whole bunch of reasons why I just wasn't that impressed. I'd have taken it if they'd said yes, but them saying no is very much their loss and not mine. One of my best friends is going to do her Masters at Sussex and I'm applying to join her there, and an opportunity in Dublin has just come up - I've always wanted to go to Ireland. I'm also considering waiting for the American and Canadian unis to start talking about scholarships for international PhD students since I want to go to both those places for an extended period of time.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 111

Post by Matt »

I think keeping Epi around is dangerous. I would suggest killing him next, but your call!

Tbh, it really felt like him declaring to the thread that you and SVS were definitely not bad was him asking the last baddie to kill you both. And if you both don't die, I'm wondering if Epi would find that suspicious. In fact, everyone calling you their last lynch candidate should earn you a NK from the baddies so hopefully nobody mentions that. Ha!

Also sorry to hear Bullz. I know you said you're cool with it, but still, sucks.
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Pretty sure SVS is about to turn on me, and if she does I'm screwed. Especially since I won't be around on Thursday. If people turn on me today that's it, no chance.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

As soon as I have to defend myself in the slightest bit people will come out with "lol bullzeye overreacting as usual he's obvs bad" and that will be it. Always the way.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Yeah dude, it totally looked like she about to gun for you with the "something I've been wrong about from the beginning".

Haha. Is the jig up?

Who are you going to say you most suspect?
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

When you do answer, it's maybe best to say something along the lines of "I'm not sure. I thought lynching Zebra would end the game. Now that I have a bit of free time (referencing the lost opportunity at uni), I'm going to reread the thread." Then point to Wilgy or nutella eventually, because I don't think it'd be a good idea to turn on Epig or SVS at this point.

We should wait for Scotty, though, to see what he thinks. Derp.
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm going to go after Nutella and explain why. But tbh I expect that anything I say will just be twisted against me now. The fact is I can't play at all on Thursday and therefore I'm fucked if anyone wants me dead. If she comes after me, and I say I'm going away, that will just mean everyone assumes I'm lying to get out of it. Seriously, good or bad, whenever someone suspects me and I say anything at all in my defense everyone just jumps on me for it. Being everyone's easy target gets old.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Bullzeye wrote:I'm going to go after Nutella and explain why. But tbh I expect that anything I say will just be twisted against me now. The fact is I can't play at all on Thursday and therefore I'm fucked if anyone wants me dead. If she comes after me, and I say I'm going away, that will just mean everyone assumes I'm lying to get out of it. Seriously, good or bad, whenever someone suspects me and I say anything at all in my defense everyone just jumps on me for it. Being everyone's easy target gets old.
Remember, you're not a target yet. Don't respond in the thread with that kind of vibe. Just answer her question all easy breezy as if you believe she's just asking a fellow civ of their opinion.
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I know. I'm just saying. But it is obvious why she's asking me and me alone.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

"Good question. I thought the game would end with Zebra's lynch, and wasn't really looking elsewhere. Now that I have a bit of free time, I'm going to ISO all remaining players, but on the top of my head, Wilgy and nutella are most likely, IMO."

Lol. Something like that. Dude I dunno man.

Gaah! SVS will destroy us all! :faint:
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

To be fair I have literally the best voting record in this game. Up until Zebra died I was the only living player who'd never voted for a civ and so far 2/3 of my suspicions have been correct.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Also if there is another night in this game it now has to be SVS who dies.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Bullzeye wrote:To be fair I have literally the best voting record in this game. Up until Zebra died I was the only living player who'd never voted for a civ and so far 2/3 of my suspicions have been correct.
Right, though? I would understand if you get lynched eventually, but if you get lynched today with Wilgy and nutella still alive... :faint:

Btw, I liked your post. However, I'm probably biased. We'll see what SVS has to say when she returns.
Image Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

That long winded Epi ISO post is like Ben Brantley rating your performance as outstanding on the opening night of your Broadway debut.

He's clearing you as civ.

Now if SVS comes back with some high falootin theory abou your badness, it might be a good idea to keep her around because of her penchant to suspect you. I don't know what concrete evidence she can come back with that counteract Epi's brilliant ISO on you. With a steady stream of suspicion coming from SVS it will give you more cred for the Mafia not killing you. the question is will anyone buy it?

Let me think about this.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

So 5 left, maybe Nutella gets lynched today.
You kill SVS tomorrow night like you say, then you're down to Wilgy and Epi for lylo. Epi has all but cleared you, and Wilgy is none the wiser.

Man, I really hope SVS doesn't say anything too damning. Ignore what I just posted, kill SVS next. She is the most civ-looking of the two of you and you only need to survive that one before it's a done deal.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

in other news, I'm currently flying to LAX and I am the very last seat in the back. I don't recall a lot of the tail section of the plane making it out on the show.

If I die, I want my prized YMCA basketball trophy from the 3rd grade to go to charity. Thank you.

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Wow. Lol.

I went and looked at Homestar Runner and Sherlock, and boy, I really do go after you in every game, Bullz! Haha!

Remember, Bullz, don't freak out when you respond to SVS.

Question - Do you typically bus teammates, Bullz? If you don't, then you can always go with the "Okay, one teammate maybe I'd bus, but two of them? C'mon" or something. Or whatever you want to say, you seem to be posting way better stuff then I come up with.

Btw SVS, whenever you get around to reading this, good job sniffing me and Bullz out. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Yeah SVS has a very fine dog nose for Mafia this game apparently. Woof.

I agree with Matt here. Play it cool, but still honest that you maybe would bus a teammate. WIFOM that shit like you are Stanley from Prinxess Bridd.

the steward gave me free wine on the flight so 5 glasses in and I'm flat drunk. Let's win on for th gipper!

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

This is so dumb.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I don't know how she came to that conclusion so effortlessly. She and Typh have been very good this game. Probably should have killed her last night as well, but ehhh. Again, I don't think it will stick. Thiugh now she has opened the can of worms.

Yeesh. Killing her now may look guilty.

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

If I don't kill her, we definitely don't win.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Don't fret, Bullz. I liked your two posts this morning (although the first one was funny..."do you really think I would bury my team the way that I have this game?" LOL).

Wilgy seems to be looking for answers, I would suggest letting him and SVS have a back and forth before you come back, see what happens. And if we're lucky, perhaps Epi will come back and defend your honor.

Or just do whatever haha. Would a civ Bullz keep responding or would he see someone coming after him and let it settle a bit before posting? Just do whatever you think civ Bullz would do haha.

Damn SVS is good.
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I just give up, today has been such a shitty day for me that I don't have the energy for mafia. Even if I do try to defend myself I'll just get the age-old accusation of overreacting and die for trying. I don't know why I play this game sometimes.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Bullzeye wrote:I just give up, today has been such a shitty day for me that I don't have the energy for mafia. Even if I do try to defend myself I'll just get the age-old accusation of overreacting and die for trying. I don't know why I play this game sometimes.
I just want to tell you good luck- we're all counting on you.

Typh did the same thing to me. They're 100% correct, but will also give you no outs when they're deadset in thinking you're bad. I dunno, man. It doesn't look great, and the fact that they even came to that conclusion based on not posting is one I don't think I would have noticed.

Just sit back a bit and see if you can last this round. I often have little pangs where I'm like wtf am I doing? Hell, I posted like 800 times in LC's Recruitment mafia, and didn't win. So whatever.

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Don't worry about it, Bullz. Even if we lose, we're still obvi the best Mafia team ever and should be proud of that. :beer:

Chill, collect your thoughts, and come back later. Remember, whenever you post for the last time today, be sure to remind people that you are graduating and won't be around Thursday. Would town really lynch a graduate?? :faint:
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Of course they would because they'd say I was lying in an attempt to get out of it.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Lol.

If you get lynched, oh well. We still had a blast (or I did anyway haha). I hope you don't think me and Scotty will be like "Oh Bullz sucks we never wanna be teamies with him again". Quite the opposite, I believe we should petition to be baddie teammates every game! :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Here here!

:beer:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Tuesday, January 5th, 10:09 am
Matt wrote:Scotty - I'm down with LC or Epi. Also, Sorsha and SVS constantly scare me in games so let's put them on the chopping block too. :faint:

Lol. I swear, every single game we play, I go after you Bullz. No one says jack. Now Sorsha and DF are all over my comments about you, too. Wth???

Anyway, off to work. I don't think I'm going to comment this morning, let's see where the thread goes by the time I get home.

Later gents!
Told you guys ;airguitar:

Bwahahaha
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Alright, so Epi hasn't responded to SVS yet, but he did just post and it looks like he's still eyeing nutella.

That's good right now!

Something we need to figure out assuming SVS doesn't get Bullz lynched today...

Do we kill SVS or not?

I'm not sure which looks better, tbh. I'm leaning on letting her live.

She might even question her own instincts if we let her live.
Image Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Matt wrote:Alright, so Epi hasn't responded to SVS yet, but he did just post and it looks like he's still eyeing nutella.

That's good right now!

Something we need to figure out assuming SVS doesn't get Bullz lynched today...

Do we kill SVS or not?

I'm not sure which looks better, tbh. I'm leaning on letting her live.

She might even question her own instincts if we let her live.
I was thinking about that, as I said earlier. But I do think killing her is our best option:

If we kill Epi, who is our current knight in shining armor, Wilgy and SVS- who have current doubts (even though Wilgy hasn't voted Bullz yet)- could just lynch Bullz and we will prolly lose. Plus to the lay observer, mafia killing one of the 2 most non-civ players throughout the game is a glaringly obvious strategy that these guys might pick up on.

If we kill SVS, then at least Wilgy can continue being a Doubting Dennis, and we still have a chance with Epi clearing us. It could look like framing being done for Bullz, and I think we would still have a chance to make it out.

Or. Epi could just wise up after his main target, nutella, is found to be civ, and vote Bullz. :shrug:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote:Do you think it likely that down the line playing the bored civ card and not dying will make people wonder? I think having a little flak last phase was good for you overall, so you at least look a little dirty. The argument against why you aren't being killed by Mafia could be that you are a low-participating civ, and the Mafia might want you to stick around as well. So your strategy could be incredibly valid!

I believvvve
I still believvvvve

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I think it would be funny if Bullz doesn't die, if we don't kill anyone again tonight.

XD
Image Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

SVS wants us to read you, Matt.

I read you.

You are Matt.

Hah! Now what, SVS? I read him- now what?

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

At this point I'm almost certainly going to be lynched while I'm not around to argue, so I really don't care what happens. It's not like I ever win anyway, I don't know why I thought this game would be any different. Sorry guys. I got really bad news when I woke up this morning and the rest of the day has just been a downward spiral for me. I can't play in this mood.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Bullzeye wrote:At this point I'm almost certainly going to be lynched while I'm not around to argue, so I really don't care what happens. It's not like I ever win anyway, I don't know why I thought this game would be any different. Sorry guys. I got really bad news when I woke up this morning and the rest of the day has just been a downward spiral for me. I can't play in this mood.
Yo man, if we lose we lose. ee gave it our best. Seriously, you should be proud of that. Sometimes people just get stuck in their ways of thinking and the cookie crumbles the wrong way.

Whatever happened to you this morning, take solace that you're not dead. Because then you'd be dead. :bighug:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Bullzy, don't be so hard on yourself lol.

Seriously, if we lose, oh well. Not a big deal. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

That's right, you tell her Epig! Bullz wouldn't bus his entire team! :faint:

No matter how this plays out, I'm havin' fun. Can't wait to see Spectator Chat! ;airguitar:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Wow, she's really gunnin' for you Bullz!

This is somewhat exciting. XD
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Epi has declared SVS "all right" ! SVS is encouraging Epi to look at her case further!

This is nail biting! XD
Image Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

She is about to sway Epi. If nutella does get lynched, and if Epi's case against Wilgy is not at all there, he could just vote Bullz tomorrow and it would be game over.

And no one would buy that SVS is bad, I mean hell, even Epi is not suspecting her really.

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Lol. SVS is going to take us down.

Abandon ship!

XD

(we should've killed her last night. gotta love hindsight!)
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Will Epi vote for nutella or Bullz?! :omg:

Hopefully Wilgy keeps his vote on nutella regardless! Gaaah!
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Oh my, he made a big ol' case on Wilgy but hasn't voted yet.

If he votes Wilgy, let's hope Wilgy keeps his vote on nute and let's hope we win the tie.

Oh boy, that's a lotta hope. XD
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Btw Bullz, I hope you're enjoying your graduation!!!

Remember, even if we lose, we won, because we got to share this awesome btsc. Woot! ;airguitar:
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Spectator and Mafia Chats”