Moderator: Community Team

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Mafia BTSC Hideout

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This thread is where the bad guys/gals will be able to communicate privately during the night phase. It will be locked during the prologue and all day phases. Any private communication outside this thread is prohibited.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Mafia BTSC Hideout

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thread is open for 24 hours. Baddies may communicate here.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Ricochet »

RICK OCHÉ! \o/
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 16

Post by DrWilgy »

What's up homies?

Also... Why the fuck am I bad again? Why do I always roll a baddie?

It's going cause trust issues.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DrWilgy wrote:What's up homies?

Also... Why the fuck am I bad again? Why do I always roll a baddie?

It's going cause trust issues.
SAVE and reload, buddy. SAVE and reload. :feb:

also, HOMG, we can edit our posts in here
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I was planning to go game suicidal, like I promised I would after the Tranq affair in Champies (you two are out of that game, so I figure we can mention it out loud), and post just my roleplay banter, lurk, take a pee on votes and leads and such. But drawing a baddie role hindered that a bit, plus I couldn't help getting more involved in the game, over the past two days, as well. Mafia is like a hand twitch you can't control... :sigh:

Anyway, I think we all received some dirt on us, although without creating major reverberations. Plus, you apparently suss'd Eloh, and I just suss'd you, so yay for distancing. :p

Onto the issue of who da cop is, what we know is that it's definitely not MP, since he green peek'd Eloh, lol. That should usually signal to us that he has no idea what he's talking about. Only other civs who have green peek'd were Spacedaisy (Love) and TH (G-Man); they also engaged in cop-talk, which could either be further smokescreen or them hiding themselves behind the bluff. Anyway, my gut tells me not to search them for the cop right now.
Last edited by Ricochet on Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, apart from me, you two are pretty apathetic so far in roleplaying, which I'm surprised hasn't drawn even more suss. :p Are you really Lindsay, Wilgys? I don't even know what role Eloh drew.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm tryin to be Lindsey... But idk who Lindsey is. I never watched arrested development XD

They killed my husband tho... We should kill my daughter.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Well, I just said we probably shouldn't target green peekers, because they might be smokescreens, so maybe we shouldn't give the civs reason to laugh at us taking the bait.

I certainly didn't pick on anyone else who could be the cop. Did'you?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Killing MP may hint that Eloh is a civ though.

MP claims Eloh is civ -> MP dies -> mafia must've thought he is a cop and Eloh is civ.
Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Can we afford not targeting a person who might actually be the cop?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ricochet wrote:Can we afford not targeting a person who might actually be the cop?
:ponder:
:srsnod:
Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Elohcin »

hmm, I just PMed the host about a place to talk and here is is :p. I will catch up and post something.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I am Gene Parmesan. There is not much to do for him really. I read the wiki and watched some youtube clips. He's Lucille's private detective. He basically just bombards the scenes he is in while wearing some sort of costume/disguise. I changed my profile pic and plan to keep changing it every day into a new disguise that Gene used in the show.
DrWilgy wrote:Killing MP may hint that Eloh is a civ though.

MP claims Eloh is civ -> MP dies -> mafia must've thought he is a cop and Eloh is civ.
I am down with this idea.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Elohcin wrote:I am Gene Parmesan. There is not much to do for him really. I read the wiki and watched some youtube clips. He's Lucille's private detective. He basically just bombards the scenes he is in while wearing some sort of costume/disguise. I changed my profile pic and plan to keep changing it every day into a new disguise that Gene used in the show.
What the. Lol? Yeah, that'll probably never catch on, unless you suddenly reveal yourself, the way Gene does in the series as well.
Elohcin wrote:

Two to one, then. :shrug: But I'm telling you, it's against mafia logic to target the green peek bullsuiter who actually named a mafia as his green peek. Hysterical civ laughs will ensue - even at the loss of their precious narrator.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Ricochet wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I am Gene Parmesan. There is not much to do for him really. I read the wiki and watched some youtube clips. He's Lucille's private detective. He basically just bombards the scenes he is in while wearing some sort of costume/disguise. I changed my profile pic and plan to keep changing it every day into a new disguise that Gene used in the show.
What the. Lol? Yeah, that'll probably never catch on, unless you suddenly reveal yourself, the way Gene does in the series as well.
Elohcin wrote:

Two to one, then. :shrug: But I'm telling you, it's against mafia logic to target the green peek bullsuiter who actually named a mafia as his green peek. Hysterical civ laughs will ensue - even at the loss of their precious narrator.
I see your point. Who do you think we should kill?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I don't have any leads on the real cop. We could divide players into who might look bad after today's lynch and who's disposable.

Or we could kill the marmot.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

If we're picking at random, I say Zebra. WHat's up with her writing in black?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Elohcin wrote:If we're picking at random, I say Zebra. WHat's up with her writing in black?
She's writing in an ink meant to keep her invisible, bland and hard to notice, just like her character.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

hmm, I wonder who her character is then. I've only seen the first two episodes.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ricochet wrote:
Elohcin wrote:If we're picking at random, I say Zebra. WHat's up with her writing in black?
She's writing in an ink meant to keep her invisible, bland and hard to notice, just like her character.
I'm down for killing Zebra because that shits annoying.
:D
Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Elohcin wrote:hmm, I wonder who her character is then. I've only seen the first two episodes.
Ann Veal. She hardly shows up in the first season.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

If I want to read her posts, I have to highlight it. No one would suspect us to kill her for acting in character. And it would be pretty mean. But she could have picked something a little easier :p
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Ultimately we want to relieve ourselves of the cop asap. I have no leads on who it may be. Do either of you? If not, Zebra is as good as any to kill imo.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

No leads on cops, wouldn't touch the green peekers for now. TH was already under suspicion, his Day 2 could potentially get worse. Daisy is coasting so far, but I wouldn't test her claim atm either.

Ok with zeebs.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Well, since everyone is down, I can go ahead and PM the host with our kill if it's alright with you two.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If y'all agree on a kill, you can just state it as a group in here. You don't have to PM me if you don't want to, though if you do that's cool too. :)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

We need to keep in mind cic mindset. If we kill a smokescreener they may go "hey he was right!" and we can use that. If we kill a non smoker the civs may think "no one is right"
Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Here you go JJJ.
DrWilgy wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
I'm down for killing Zebra because that shits annoying.
:D
Elohcin wrote:Ultimately we want to relieve ourselves of the cop asap. I have no leads on who it may be. Do either of you? If not, Zebra is as good as any to kill imo.
Ricochet wrote:No leads on cops, wouldn't touch the green peekers for now. TH was already under suspicion, his Day 2 could potentially get worse. Daisy is coasting so far, but I wouldn't test her claim atm either.

Ok with zeebs.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Poor Zebra... Getting murked d1 again.
Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

A PM would be nice, to treat our Host kindly on his first Syndicate mission. :) I have to run off to German class, so leave a note here if any of you sent a PM, or else I will in a couple of hours.
DrWilgy wrote:Poor Zebra... Getting murked d1 again.
Hey Dr. Scum, zebra deserved that one in the Champies. :evileye:
DrWilgy wrote:We need to keep in mind cic mindset. If we kill a smokescreener they may go "hey he was right!" and we can use that. If we kill a non smoker the civs may think "no one is right"
Don't quite understand how they'd reach this conclusion. If we kill a smokescreener, his green peek will have been BS, and the civs will go "Ha! Ha!" on us being gullible. If we kill a non-claimer, they'll, at best, think "well, what was that all about".

I don't think zebra will flip cop, because if she is the cop, she chose or rolled a very unfortunate role to draw attention. She did anyway, since we're killing her, but just sayin'. XD
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I think that a cop would be a quiet player. However with the character role-play it's hard to know what a cop would do.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I think I like the idea of locking the thread at night. It prevents people from blabbering every little tid bit that comes to their mind and keeps the game a little more focused. However, I prefer being able to talk to mafia team members during the day as well as the night. It's partly the reason Ive been able to get to know fellow Mafia players. And even though having a thread opened for BTSC makes more sense than a chatzy, I like chatzies better b/c they are more conducive to chatting and a thread is more conducive to conducting business. Just my two cents.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

2 pennies for thoughts!!

I'm not talkin bout that game till it's resolved!!
Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

So did ya send a PM to JJJ or not?

I dislike the idea of Night phases being locked. Reducing an entire phase to just a team and maybe two other players sending a PM feels hollow and uneventful. As a Host, I'd probably feel like I cut the power to my own electric circus creation and am just staring at it dead for 24 hours.

Not sure if I dislike the idea of Mafia not having Day-time BTSC, despite the imbalance I'd obviously keep by depriving them of that, but keeping Night phase flow. Mafia are fighting an uphill battle by default; one D1 with no coordination beforehand doesn't sound like a biggie, if afterwards you plan out how to act during subsequent cycles. And you can still stay sharp during D1, if you put in effort. So the Mafia is tested, but not indefinitely and not without finding alternatives to perform well. Shutting down the Night phase excludes any performing in its entirety.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It's boring, but it's balanced. I think baddie teams generally have it too easy around here so I am glad to bring something else to the table (in this case, depriving them of day time private coordination). I understand it being a snore though. Closing the night phase is the counterbalance, depriving the civilians of any opportunity to leave night legacies before they are killed, and simply reducing the time they have to add productive content to the thread.

It's also just a plain old break. As a host and as a player, I seriously appreciate that sometimes. It's up to the players to re-energize the thread when it re-opens; if they fail to do so then the baddies reap the benefits.

I have this down for a kill of a2thezebra and will proceed as such when the phase ends in about 8 minutes unless someone changes the team's course within that time span.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Lovin this 11pm deadline tho. :cloud9:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei is replacing Ricochet. He might not have immediate access to this thread, so during Night 2 I will allow your team to communicate in PMs until he is able to enter this thread. Please include me in your PMs if you do this. :)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sweet victory. Murk Sorsha. I'll probably get red checked tonight, I'll red claim someone. I'll either die tomorrow or the next.

Bus me when it goes down hill.
Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

what are you dudes thinking tonight? You both probably have a better feel for the pulse of the game than I do right now, but I can offer input and things.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

:shrug:

I'm kinda just having fun until the cop comes out at goes you're bad! be wary of who's opinion changes of me drastically and try to kill them in the coming days.

I am the bait, you two are the victory.
Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Welcome Sloonei. I am still finishing up reading on the day. I think we can do a better job at trying to kill the cope this time around.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

List of n0 green peeks:
a2thezebra - N/A
DrWilgy - Sloonei
Elohcin - N/A
G-Man - N/A
lovedelic - N/A
Metalmarsh89 - N/A
MovingPictures07 - Elohcin
Ricochet - thellama73
Sloonei - N/A
Spacedaisy - lovedelic
Sorsha - N/A
thellama73 - N/A
Turnip Head - G-Man

I say we kill SD
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

or TH
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Okay wilgy, I was okay with you going against me in the thread at first, but man, you keep laying it on thicker and thicker as I read on :p
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I feel like killing TH might look good on me. He was my suspect when I was a confirmed good guy, and I've stuck with that in my brief window today, which I hope looks genuine so him dying would be tough to trace to me.
However, I think we should also consider that the cop has remained silent about their copness. That would have been my strategy on Day 1 if I had got the role.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

and sorsha is on to you

@ sloonei, I agree with you. But, I think its best to go with the ones who did have green peeks first since there are less of them to sift through. And, I am now thinking SD is a better choice after reading on. I'm on the last page now. And what do you mean, "look good on you"? If he is your suspect, then you don;t want to kill him, right?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Elohcin wrote:and sorsha is on to you

@ sloonei, I agree with you. But, I think its best to go with the ones who did have green peeks first since there are less of them to sift through. And, I am now thinking SD is a better choice after reading on. I'm on the last page now. And what do you mean, "look good on you"? If he is your suspect, then you don;t want to kill him, right?
He's been my stated suspect, so if we kill him it wouldn't likely trace back to me. But this is a very minor point, and I don't think it should really factor into our kill choice at all. I haven't been here long enough for any kill to trace back to me :P
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

The other reason why I attacked Sorsha is because I think she may be cop. She came onto me out of left field with a weak to laughable case originally. She may be cop, but afraid of getting nk'd.

I'll scan and look for non-green cop antics.

linki-even more reason to murk her.
Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I would be down with killing sorsha. She goes after me every game we are in together

Return to “Previous Spectator and Mafia Chats”