Concerts

Take a walk in Tin Pan Alley, the area's most famous music district.

Moderator: Community Team

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Concerts

Post by Tangrowth »

This is the thread to talk about your concert experiences, good, bad, amazing, lifechanging, whatever. They can be years past or ones you have just experienced or concerts you anticipate or would love to see in the future.

I saw Morrissey this past weekend in Columbus, OH at the Lifestyle Communities Pavilion with BWT and it was pretty stellar. I love The Smiths so it will certainly be the closest I'll ever get to actually seeing The Smiths live considering that will never happen at this point, and naturally Morrissey's solo material is also solid. Not sure how it ranks in my all-time list of concerts, but it was definitely a great evening. I look forward to seeing Meshuggah, Tenacious D, Yes, and Animal Collective in the coming few months, all of which should be uniquely great concerts and are my first times seeing any of them.

What are some of your concert memories? I'll share my favorites and some more thoughts after hearing from others.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Concerts

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

Last concert I went to was Boris in July. Went with Stephen Gazzard. Was good fun. 2nd time I've seen them.

Best band I've seen live was probably Russian Circles. Red Sparowes and Alcest also put on incredible shows.
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Boris would have been awesome, what all did they play?

I'm jealous of all of those, really, I'm sure they all were fantastic. Certainly I'd be up for seeing any of them.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

The first time I saw Boris, couple years ago, they played almost a 3 hour set with lots of their older drony stuff. Was a hell of a show. The second time, this last summer, they played a lot of newer material (off their three 2011 albums), but also some songs from Heavy Rocks and Pink and they played half of Feedbacker as an encore
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:The first time I saw Boris, couple years ago, they played almost a 3 hour set with lots of their older drony stuff. Was a hell of a show. The second time, this last summer, they played a lot of newer material (off their three 2011 albums), but also some songs from Heavy Rocks and Pink and they played half of Feedbacker as an encore
Both of those would be fantastic, no doubt.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Epignosis »

A while back I got great seats to see Kansas for $15. They kicked ASS.

The star of the show? Phil Ehart, who drummed his balls off and made old songs sound like new ones. The band even added some new introductions to classic songs. It was amazing.

On "Carry On Wayward Son," Steve Walsh disconnected something on the "Carry on! You will always remember" line, and it wasn't heard. haha
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:A while back I got great seats to see Kansas for $15. They kicked ASS.

The star of the show? Phil Ehart, who drummed his balls off and made old songs sound like new ones. The band even added some new introductions to classic songs. It was amazing.

On "Carry On Wayward Son," Steve Walsh disconnected something on the "Carry on! You will always remember" line, and it wasn't heard. haha
I easily would have paid double that to see Kansas. It's freekin' Kansas!!! I'm glad you got such a deal for such a great show!

I do have to say - I love the shows that I pay very little and get my face rocked right off! Captured! By Robots comes to mind. Best 10 dollars I ever spent on a show. I mean it was robots! And they MADE MUSIC! :D
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Speaking of cheap concerts, one day I just so happened (out of the blue) to look up what Lifehouse was up to, and it turns out that very day they were playing a concert about 30 miles away. When my wife got home, I asked her if she wanted to go and she did. We also got my brother to go. $10 tickets in advance, $15 at the door.

When I got to the ticket table (it was a college campus), I pretended to be all excited about this no-name opening act, and completely confounded the poor girl working the table. "Lifehouse? Who the heck are they?" :haha:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

hahahahahahahahaha - that's awesome epi. Sad thing is, I've been known to see shows for the opening act. It's the curse of having hung out with musicians. ;) That said, they did open for some pretty cool peeps. We always enjoyed the when they opened for Unknown Hinson. :D
Fedora With Hat
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Fedora With Hat »

The best concert I've seen was Magma. Closest thing I've gotten to a real life religious experience.

The most recent concert I've seen was Godspeed in October. A bit underwhelmed, if honest, but I feel like I built the experience up beforehand so much (with everyone and their mothers praising their shows as pieces of god himself) that the show was probably going to be a let down regardless. But I still enjoyed it and would see them again if they came back my way.

Other great concerts: King Crimson (in 08), VDGG (playing their third ever US show), and the many times I've seen Jethro Tull (not sure which time was the best).
Under normal circumstances, please place the iguanas underneath the Earth's orbit.
Guns or gnus...what's the difference?!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I am incredibly jealous of Magma, Jethro Tull, and Kansas, no doubt.

Concert highlights for me have been Rush (5), Bela Fleck and the Flecktones (2, especially the 2nd time when we got to meet them all), Dream Theater (getting to meet them as well was absolutely surreal), and Devin Townsend. I really have yet to be truly disappointed with any concert experience thus far, and have had the pleasure of many great memories for sure.

Fedora With Hat wrote:The best concert I've seen was Magma. Closest thing I've gotten to a real life religious experience.
This is almost word for word what I said about seeing Rush for the first time (also was my first concert), even though I was way out on the lawn. Ever since then, somehow, every time I see them they have absolutely topped themselves. Unbelievable.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Resurrecting this thread by popular request to talk about Bonnaroo! I just finished my review, which will be posted on my music blog (http://offairwaves.wordpress.com/); however, I'll also post it here for general perusal.

Festival Wrap: Bonnaroo 2013

The survey I took after Bonnaroo asked me to sum up the experience in one word, and finding that word was easy: overwhelming. Over a hundred performances, spread over 700 acres in Tennessee, at times that ensure no one gets any sleep whatsoever for four whole days, make this festival a true marathon of music. I’ve finally started to catch back up to the world “out there,” as they call it, and I’ve recovered enough to report on some of the best and most disappointing parts of the weekend.

The Polyphonic Spree - This cult (er, band) was responsible for two of the most unmistakably Bonnaroovian moments of the weekend. They played the songs of the Rocky Horror Picture Show to the crowded cinema tent, matching the ridiculous bombast of that cheesy musical with their equally ridiculous huge sound. Frontman Tim deLaughter then announced a secret set for 2 AM outside the Centeroo fountain, and sure enough, the whole massive ensemble kept up the music for two more hours. Their cover of Nirvana’s “Lithium” managed to do the impossible, turning its dejected irony into a legitimately uplifting work of art.

Capital Cities - Maybe it’s because of the mind-numbing amounts of airplay they get on my local indie station, but I was expecting the LA-based indie pop group to sound slick and overly-produced. Instead, their 1 AM set breathed with energy, all the parts played live and getting the crowd moving.

Paul McCartney - It’s hard to be surprised by such a huge name as the ex-Beatle, but Macca managed to be even better than I anticipated. He played everything I wanted to hear, and did so with authentic joy, interacting with the audience and putting new spins on old tunes. Eighty thousand people singing along to “Hey Jude” isn’t something you can easily forget.

Animal Collective - The electronic experimenters managed to hit every right note with their trippy soundscapes. The audience of drugged-up rave kids responded with suitable enthusiasm, creating a party that didn’t stop until very late indeed.

Johnnyswim - The Nashville natives were an unexpected treat early Saturday afternoon. The duo of Amanda Sudano and Abner Ramirez has real chemistry on stage, and their unique blend of soul and folk is something I’ll be keeping an ear on in the months to come.

Four Tet - I didn’t know what to expect from this one man (UK native Kieran Hebden) and his laptops, but I was glad I took the chance. He had masterful command of his material, layering beats over beats in a way that was delicately hypnotic and avoided the easy payoffs of so much electronic music. His own intense concentration was all the stage presence he needed.

Preservation Hall Jazz Band - A scheduling shakeup put this seminal New Orleans group in a nightime slot, and they responded with an incredibly chilling performance. Dressed in their old-fashioned suits, they blew their horns like a band out of time, wailing into the darkness with absolute mastery. Emotionally and musically superb.

Bluegrass Superjam - Ed Helms, better known as Andy from “The Office,” proved himself to be a man of many talents as he led an impromptu group of musicians on the guitar and banjo. Members of the Punch Brothers and Del McCoury were among the over twenty stars who rotated through the stage over the course of the set, and by the end of it, over twenty musicians were sawing away on old bluegrass standards.

Dan’s Gourmet Mac n’ Cheese - The Nashville-based gourmet spot had the tastiest vegetarian option of the festival, a unique and decadent kale, feta, and Parmesan concoction. Meat eaters could also be satisfied with over the top barbeque-styled dishes.

LETDOWNS
Passion Pit - After their cancellation at Bunbury last summer, I was really looking forward to the synthpop act’s show on the What Stage. What I got, however, was a sound without any backbone and a performance that seemed more navel-gazing than engaging. Other bands rose to meet the challenge of the main venue, but Passion Pit faltered.

Mumford and Sons - You can’t fault the band for cancelling due to health issues, but Jack Johnson wasn’t exactly the replacement Roo was looking for. Mumford’s huge arena sound was a void in my Saturday night.

RZA Superjam - Expecting an old-fashioned hip-hop dance party, I got a very disjointed experience, too many artists trying to upstage each other instead of collaborating for an unforgettable night. The crowd was lost, and the individual performances lost something as well in that setting.

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - This letdown falls more on the Roo organizers than on the band, but the crowd for the indie folk group far overflowed the Which Stage. It was impossible for the majority of the crowd to get anything more than a glimpse of them, and for a band with such a warm and intimate sound, this was devastating to the performance.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

That's a disappointment about Passion Pit. I've always wanted to see Animal Collective live.

This year (about a month ago) I saw Bloc Party live over in Orlando. I've seen them once before, about 6 years prior. It's a rockin' good show and they did so many encores. Kele really gives it his all and has a very charismatic stage presence. I super love him.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

the likes sound like the far outweighed the dislikes - I would have looooved to seen the poly spree (I can only imagine what that wall of voices sounds like live and amplifed) and the bluegrass superjam and the jazz band. macca would have been pretty cool too if anything so I could say I saw a Beatle, but honestly, I like listening to their albums at home. Live and Let Die would have been rad to see live though. :)

Thanks for posting the review!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Awesome thoughts, Danny, and well written as usual. I was very interested to hear your thoughts about Bonnaroo, especially since I definitely wanted to go. Your thoughts on Animal Collective make me even more excited to see them next month... as if that was even possible!! :yay:

I just saw Streetlight Manifesto with AATB and Russtifinko last night and it was truly an awesome time! They really put on a super great show. Very energetic, very tight playing, and over half of the crowd was singing literally every word to every song.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Indeed. Excellent Bonnaroo review there, Danny! It just makes me want to go even more next year.

And I agree with Alex. It makes me even more excited to see Animal Collective next month. :fiesta:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 15
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'm so excited for this fall omg I already have tickets for The National and Noah and the Whale in September and then tickets go on sale friday for OF MONTREAL JUST ANNOUNCED PORTLAND IN NOVEMBER OMG :omg:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 3

Post by thellama73 »

I don't really go to concerts much anymore, but the best one I ever saw by far was Alice Cooper. No one else even comes close. I couldn't believe how much that sixty year old man could rock. Rush was pretty awesome too.

I am super excited because one of my favorite bands ever, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum who I saw live six or seven times, have reformed (mostly) as a new project called Free Salamander Exhibit. When they tour the east coast, I will definitely be seeing them.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I like the parallelism between the names of those two bands.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:I don't really go to concerts much anymore, but the best one I ever saw by far was Alice Cooper. No one else even comes close. I couldn't believe how much that sixty year old man could rock. Rush was pretty awesome too.

I am super excited because one of my favorite bands ever, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum who I saw live six or seven times, have reformed (mostly) as a new project called Free Salamander Exhibit. When they tour the east coast, I will definitely be seeing them.
Seriously? This is awesome news.

Plus, Rush is still my favorite live act I've ever seen. Absolutely outstanding.

I saw Steely Dan with my dad last Friday and Swans the Tuesday before that. Both were excellent, but Swans was brutal, loudest concert I've ever been to. Was amazing.

I get to see Grizzly Bear tomorrow and Kansas the Friday after that, so I am psyched.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I don't really go to concerts much anymore, but the best one I ever saw by far was Alice Cooper. No one else even comes close. I couldn't believe how much that sixty year old man could rock. Rush was pretty awesome too.

Plus, Rush is still my favorite live act I've ever seen. Absolutely outstanding.

I saw Steely Dan with my dad last Friday and Swans the Tuesday before that. Both were excellent, but Swans was brutal, loudest concert I've ever been to. Was amazing.

I get to see Grizzly Bear tomorrow and Kansas the Friday after that, so I am psyched.
enjoy Grizzly Bear! Of all the bear bands, they are the best bear.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I never heard about them reforming. This is good news!
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 3

Post by thellama73 »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:

Not all of the original members, but most of the important ones. Most notably absent is Carla Khilstedt's violin.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

thellama73 wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:

Not all of the original members, but most of the important ones. Most notably absent is Carla Khilstedt's violin.
Ahh that's unfortunate. Always loved her. Still, great stuff to hear!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mongoose wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

enjoy Grizzly Bear! Of all the bear bands, they are the best bear.
Agreed. And I did indeed, it was super awesome!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

new concert reviews plz - and with picts of socky and teefies plz :D
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I will upload a few pics I took from my phone at some point this afternoon. But for now, here is a brief review.

The opener for Grizzly Bear was another band that also hailed from Brooklyn: Regal Degal. I'd seen the name mentioned briefly in some indie publications, but that was my previous knowledge of the band. I think they played mostly material from their 2 most recent EPs. They were absolutely fantastic, and one of the best openers I've ever heard. Think indie rock mixed with some post-punk, 60s psych rock, a touch of shoegaze and new wave, and some African-influenced percussion and bass. Their drummer and bassist stood out the most to me, and where a very energetic and tight rhythm section for the band. The guitarist/vocalist also employed a lot of effects and reverb, but it mixed in well and didn't overpower the band's overall sound. They just released a new EP called Pyramid Bricks, which I would recommend highly checking out. I already went ahead and dropped the $5 on Itunes to purchase it. Unfortunately, they said they do not have any physical copies yet, but they're hoping to release it on vinyl by the end of August.

As for Grizzly Bear, they were by far the cleanest-sound band I've ever heard live. Very dynamic and all of the band members (outside of I believe the drummer) employed multiple instruments. The bassist in particular switched to flute and saxophone for a few songs at times. And despite the broad influences, they still showed they had very strong compositional chops and great pop sensibilities. I found myself nodding my head along to all the songs, and had a strong urge to get up and dance along at times. But it was a seated venue and I tried to be nice to the people behind me. :P

All in all though, I would highly recommend checking out Grizzly Bear on tour if you ever get the chance. Especially if you love indie rock/pop and/or indie folk music with a twist.

For those interested in the setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/grizzly-b ... 6e866.html

I will post some pictures later when I get the chance.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

For your enjoyment, some accompanying pictures!

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Regal Degal was fantastic, I agree, one of my favorite openers. I think my all-time favorite opener was Animals as Leaders though.

Nice pictures, was a truly great concert. I was once again reminded why I think Shields is definitively Grizzly Bear's best album. It'll be tough for them to top that, IMO.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote:Regal Degal was fantastic, I agree, one of my favorite openers. I think my all-time favorite opener was Animals as Leaders though.

Nice pictures, was a truly great concert. I was once again reminded why I think Shields is definitively Grizzly Bear's best album. It'll be tough for them to top that, IMO.
I totally agree on Shields.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I saw The National last night and it was the best concert I've ever been to. SO awesome. (It helps that they're probably my favorite band currently :p) It was an outdoor venue and it rained quite a bit, which was fun... :p (mostly during the opening act, which was Frightened Rabbit -- I had never heard them before but they were quite good). I was very close to the front and when Matt Berninger went into the crowd during the encore I touched his shoulder :D He's really entertaining/funny on stage, and they played most of my favorites (when Aaron sat down at the piano and started to play "England" I had a bit of a religious experience), and the visuals/lights were awesome, and it was just so good aaaaaa and for the final song of the encore they had the crowd sing Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks and it was starting to rain again and it was just SO beautiful. Overall an amazing experience -- if any of you ever get the chance to see the National live, DO IT. (Of course I'm pretty biased...)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

aaaaaaaa
of Montreal live was so crazy holy shit so trippy aaaaa kevin barnes is one crazy ass motherfucker
lots of super fun stage shenanigans and projected acid visuals and basically if you get the chance to see them do it
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

so I saw Neutral Milk Hotel last night.

let's just say it was an amazing sensory and emotional experience. :omg:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I saw Rush on their R40 tour in Austin, TX last night. Best concert ever? Yes.

I've seen them 6 times now (and this was my 49th concert overall) and every time they fucking delivered, with amazing setlists, but this time was just something else. I was closer (in the pit) than ever before, the setlist was definitely the best (somehow), and they just rocked it to a completely new level of awesomeness (somehow).

I've seen so many truly mindblowing concerts but WOW.

Seriously the fastest 3 hours of my life.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

nutella wrote:so I saw Neutral Milk Hotel last night.

let's just say it was an amazing sensory and emotional experience. :omg:
They're going to be in Eugene this summer too (June 3rd I think).

Guess I will have to go to the show.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Saw the Decemberists tonight, was awesome!!! Colin was hilarious and did some fun audience-participation stuff, and they had this whole act for the Mariner's Revenge Song involving their kids carrying a whale onstage. :D Love their music and it was a really fun performance overall. The opening band, Calexico, was super enjoyable as well, I hadn't known anything about them but was impressed.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

nutella wrote:Saw the Decemberists tonight, was awesome!!! Colin was hilarious and did some fun audience-participation stuff, and they had this whole act for the Mariner's Revenge Song involving their kids carrying a whale onstage. :D Love their music and it was a really fun performance overall. The opening band, Calexico, was super enjoyable as well, I hadn't known anything about them but was impressed.
I just missed them. I just arrived back in town last night. :(

But that's great to hear they played a fantastic show. I'm not as familiar as some folks around here with their music, but I would have liked to see them.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Rush's R40 show in Portland was amazing. I'm posting their setlist here. I'm curious to see what MovingPictures07 and thellama73 saw differently.

The Anarchist
Clockwork Angels
Headlong Flight
Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business
One Little Victory
Animate
Roll the Bones
Distant Early Warning
Subdivisions
Intermission
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
The Spirit of Radio
Jacob's Ladder
Cygnus X-1, Books I & II (various parts + drum solo)
Xanadu
Closer to the Heart
2112 (various parts)
Encore
Lakeside Park
Anthem
In the Mood
Working Man

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Glad you liked it! I loved seeing Rush's R40 in Austin. It was so amazing.

Here was my setlist:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Rush's R40 show in Portland was amazing. I'm posting their setlist here. I'm curious to see what MovingPictures07 and thellama73 saw differently.

The Anarchist
Clockwork Angels The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business
One Little Victory How It Is
Animate
Roll the Bones
Distant Early Warning Between the Wheels
Subdivisions
Intermission
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta The Camera Eye
The Spirit of Radio
Jacob's Ladder
Cygnus X-1, Books I & II (various parts + drum solo)
Xanadu
Closer to the Heart
2112 (various parts)
Encore
Lakeside Park
Anthem
In the Mood What You're Doing
Working Man
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Here was my setlist:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oh man, I missed Between the Wheels and The Camera Eye. :( That makes me sad.

Though I suppose I could be in Epignosis's shoes and not have made it to a show during this tour.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Would you believe that I don't like going to concerts?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Yes. I have no reason not to believe you.

But I will go ahead and assume that you attend your own concerts with regularity.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by Ricochet »

I'd gladly time skip my own concerts, if it would be possible, but that comes down to how much anxiety I have in performing. :blush:

Otherwise, I love band concerts most of the time, to the point that I'm wondering what's wrong with me, acting like a grumpy, selective hater when I listen to music, but having a blast when it's all live. Jethro Tull, Esbjorn Svensson, John Zorn, Van der Graaf, Sigur Ros, Godspeed, Peter Hammill, plus a ton of jazz bands - none of this was disappointing.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Saw Kraftwerk with our very own lovely bea last night in Austin... In 3-D!!!!

It was legendary.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Going to see Muse in Portland on December 13th.

Good band who I imagine will put on a fantastic show.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Davidt - post about Sufjan!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I saw Of Monsters and Men the other night. This is only the second concert, I have been to in London. The venue was obviously much smaller than the first, but it was a really good show. They were great live.
Gro-oo-ovy
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Just saw animal collective wow that was fun :omg:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Magma was awesome!!!!!!! :drums:

Return to “Tin Pan Alley”