2018 Ultimate Fantasy Sports?

This is the place to discuss sports and play fantasy sports.

Moderator: Community Team

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1

2018 Ultimate Fantasy Sports?

Post by G-Man »

So my EZ fantasy sports games seem to be waning in interest and I must admit that running them on a weekly or bi-weekly basis becomes more work than fun at times. So I've been trying to come up with a way to make it easier all around. I like running them but it's becoming obvious to me that keeping people interested all season long is hard to do.

So my potential remedy is this: Ultimate Fantasy Sports. My vision is for all participants to select one or two teams from each of the five major team sports leagues in North America: MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL, and NHL. The season will be the calendar year of 2018. This means that UFS would cover one full baseball and soccer season but it would include parts of two separate seasons for basketball, football, and hockey.

The scoring would be something relatively simple- win percentage combined with a points +/- calculation I've come up with ((pts for - pts against)/ pts for). Those are easy numbers for me to generate and they're something that can be calculated across all sports leagues. I'll add up all the totals across our league teams at the end of each month for updated scores.

Is this something that sounds interesting to you fantasy sports folks? We would draft teams for this in December of 2017 and keep the same teams throughout 2018. No adjustments or re-drafting. Just picking teams and seeing what happens.

What do you think?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 2018 Ultimate Fantasy Sports?

Post by Epignosis »

I personally enjoyed EZ football. Football is one game a week, and it's easier for people to decide which teams they like. Baseball involves multiple games each week with different opponents and different parks, etc. etc., so among this crowd, I can imagine why it's less satisfying.

The site going down in the beginning of the season didn't help, either, but what can one do?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

Return to “The Sports Bar”