Fitness!

This is the place to discuss sports and play fantasy sports.

Moderator: Community Team

MovingPictures07
The Don

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Fitness!

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:47 pm

My average steps so far are about 9,000 apparently.

Ricochet
call for help

Isolate Posts by Ricochet

Post by Ricochet » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:51 pm

That's quite good, I can hit that during a normal busy routine day, otherwise it's around 6k when I just go out for stuff.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Epignosis
Skeletor

Isolate Posts by Epignosis

Post by Epignosis » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:06 pm

I average around 392 during summer vacation.

Marmot
Marmot

Isolate Posts by Marmot

Post by Marmot » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:42 pm

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:So it's now been almost two months since I received my Fitbit (Charge HR version), which Annie surprised me with as a super early birthday present. I thrive on organization so I love this thing, and could tell I've gained a decent amount of weight the past few years due to little exercise and a high workload, but I was hesitant to purchase it myself for a while due to the cost, afraid I would be more stressed by tracking all my caloric intake, just thinking it wouldn't help, etc.

Anyway, from June 8th through yesterday morning, I'm happy to say I've lost 15 lbs!! Although I'm not in terrible shape, I'm still not at where I want to be, but I've gotten so much closer already thanks to the organization and motivation this device has brought. 15 may not seem like much but I'm proud of it so far, so I thought I'd use Facebook to brag about it! Now I just hope I didn't gain all of those pounds back with my birthday celebration yesterday...
I love and hate my Fitbit. In my workweek challenge (that I PM'd you about) we're in competition with our resident guitarist, who runs marathons on the reg. So he's always Averaging 110,000 steps a week. Which is bullshit, I beat him one week this year, because he lost his charger for 4 days out of the week. He still got 30,000 on that Friday though, so it was a close call :disappoint:
That is fucking insane! My brother always wins the Workweek Challenge with my mom and me because he works retail. It's often difficult for me to hit 10,000 because of being at this computer for so long every day/night, but I try. 30,000 would be unprecedented. I made 25,000 once and I'm pretty sure I won't hit it again anytime soon.
Play more Pokemon Go. Problem solved.
S~V~S wrote:You killed my marmot.

Banners.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

MovingPictures07
The Don

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:44 pm

Ricochet wrote:That's quite good, I can hit that during a normal busy routine day, otherwise it's around 6k when I just go out for stuff.
Yeah, it's been more difficult since I stopped teaching -- going to campus and running around makes it significantly easier to hit 10,000. When I'm not teaching (right now) and just doing research, I expect my numbers to continue decreasing although I'm going to try to avoid it. We'll see though.

MovingPictures07
The Don

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:45 pm

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:So it's now been almost two months since I received my Fitbit (Charge HR version), which Annie surprised me with as a super early birthday present. I thrive on organization so I love this thing, and could tell I've gained a decent amount of weight the past few years due to little exercise and a high workload, but I was hesitant to purchase it myself for a while due to the cost, afraid I would be more stressed by tracking all my caloric intake, just thinking it wouldn't help, etc.

Anyway, from June 8th through yesterday morning, I'm happy to say I've lost 15 lbs!! Although I'm not in terrible shape, I'm still not at where I want to be, but I've gotten so much closer already thanks to the organization and motivation this device has brought. 15 may not seem like much but I'm proud of it so far, so I thought I'd use Facebook to brag about it! Now I just hope I didn't gain all of those pounds back with my birthday celebration yesterday...
I love and hate my Fitbit. In my workweek challenge (that I PM'd you about) we're in competition with our resident guitarist, who runs marathons on the reg. So he's always Averaging 110,000 steps a week. Which is bullshit, I beat him one week this year, because he lost his charger for 4 days out of the week. He still got 30,000 on that Friday though, so it was a close call :disappoint:
That is fucking insane! My brother always wins the Workweek Challenge with my mom and me because he works retail. It's often difficult for me to hit 10,000 because of being at this computer for so long every day/night, but I try. 30,000 would be unprecedented. I made 25,000 once and I'm pretty sure I won't hit it again anytime soon.
Play more Pokemon Go. Problem solved.
That definitely does help! I've been really slacking on it the past two weeks.

fingersplints
Loan Shark

Isolate Posts by fingersplints

Post by fingersplints » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:52 pm

I used to love my Fitbit! I got it in 2012, and it really helped motivate me to walk more. I stopped wearing it earlier this year; After my dog died, my walking significantly dropped and it made me sad to see the numbers. I just started wearing it again, but I really only log in the app to taunt Kadaj. :p

This months goals are:
Cardio 4/5 times a week. This is either running or rowing. Running is the best. I don't feel the rowing gets my heart rate up the same, but it's nice to have an indoor option.
Weights 4/5 times a week. I need to up the weight though. Sadly I've outgrown my favorite kettlebell. :(
Yoga - everyday.

Even though I was sick some last week, I still managed to meet all my goals. :) I'm off to a real lazy start this week, but we will see.
ImageImage

Marmot
Marmot

Isolate Posts by Marmot

Post by Marmot » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:14 pm

I did a session of yoga for the first time ever last Friday. It was excellent!

It helped that a friend of mine was instructing, and she gave me a free pass. :cloud9:

Banners.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:28 pm

I hear you can burn 14-18 calories on average playing Mafia. :p

fingersplints
Loan Shark

Isolate Posts by fingersplints

Post by fingersplints » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:36 pm

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I did a session of yoga for the first time ever last Friday. It was excellent!

It helped that a friend of mine was instructing, and she gave me a free pass. :cloud9:
I would love to have a friend that teaches. XD I'd love to take a class, but I'm not sure the group setting is for me. I'm easily demotivated. I think I work out better alone. But on the other hand, I need some help with new poses. :ponder: I saw a group in the park while I was running the other day. I'm still considering it.

I hope you continue it! It's a lot of finance very relaxing.

Epignosis wrote:I hear you can burn 14-18 calories on average playing Mafia. :p
I'm happy to say, I no longer have to worry about calories. It's been a long road, but I'm finally here. :D
I'm not playing any Mafia at the moment. I'm going to the states next month for my dad's wedding. :suspish: :eek: :evileye:
ImageImage

Marmot
Marmot

Isolate Posts by Marmot

Post by Marmot » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:44 pm

fingersplints wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I did a session of yoga for the first time ever last Friday. It was excellent!

I would love to have a friend that teaches. XD I'd love to take a class, but I'm not sure the group setting is for me. I'm easily demotivated. I think I work out better alone. But on the other hand, I need some help with new poses. :ponder: I saw a group in the park while I was running the other day. I'm still considering it.

I hope you continue it! It's a lot of finance very relaxing.
There's good ol' Mongoose. :Mongoose:

It is great! It's one of the many things I anticipate doing more often after I graduate and get a big boy job. XD In the group setting that is. I was fortunate enough to win a very nice yoga mat and block for free, so at this point, it's just the classes that I'm looking at. And there are several studios around here with a bunch of different deals.

Any recommendations for the home yoga sessions? Are there any online channels or youtubers you like to use?

Banners.

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:47 pm

fingersplints wrote:
I'm happy to say, I no longer have to worry about calories. It's been a long road, but I'm finally here. :D
I'm not playing any Mafia at the moment. I'm going to the states next month for my dad's wedding. :suspish: :eek: :evileye:
You seem happy to go! I don't blame you. That's going to be an impressive swim! :nicenod:

Marmot
Marmot

Isolate Posts by Marmot

Post by Marmot » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:10 pm

Epignosis wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
You seem happy to go! I don't blame you. That's going to be an impressive swim! :nicenod:
She would burn around 1.8 million Calories crossing the Atlantic Ocean. That's the equivalent of over 100k mafia games! :workit:

Banners.

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:12 pm

If you get killed you burn all the calories! :D

MovingPictures07
The Don

Post by MovingPictures07 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:52 pm

:haha:

Ricochet
call for help

Post by Ricochet » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:59 am

My vacation week stepchart reads 20981, 20845, 22507, 16981, 15862, 17586 and 25580. :slick:

By contrast, don't think I'll even go outside today. :p
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Isolate Posts by BigDamnHero

Post by BigDamnHero » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:52 pm

This past week, I reached several significant milestones:

1) I've officially lost 100 lbs.!

2) I'm halfway to my goal of losing 200 lbs. (which was estimated to take 24 months, and its only been 6).

3) I'm under 300 lbs. for the first time in over a decade (official weight right now is 297)!

This is probably the best I've felt in...I can't even remember when!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

juliets
Crimson Tide

Isolate Posts by juliets

Post by juliets » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:24 pm

That is great BDH! Congratulations. How are you doing it?
These are the days of miracles and wonder...

timmer
Loan Shark

Isolate Posts by timmer

Post by timmer » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:57 pm

Wonderful to hear, BDH! That's a mega-achievement! :)

JaggedJimmyJay
The Consigliere

Isolate Posts by JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:10 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That's the good stuff, BDH. Don't let up for a minute.
My banners:
Civilian wins: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: Felt Mafia 2, Greater Idea (Burglary), Seinfeld Mafia

Mafia wins: ImageImage
Not pictured: A Game About Chinese Food (Burglary)

Independent wins: ImageImageImage

Host: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary (Burglary)

Awards: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: Seinfeld Mafia MVP

Scotty
Jeff

Isolate Posts by Scotty

Post by Scotty » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:21 pm

BigDamnHero wrote:This past week, I reached several significant milestones:

1) I've officially lost 100 lbs.!

2) I'm halfway to my goal of losing 200 lbs. (which was estimated to take 24 months, and its only been 6).

3) I'm under 300 lbs. for the first time in over a decade (official weight right now is 297)!

This is probably the best I've felt in...I can't even remember when!
Fantastic achievement man! Very nice work- keep it up!

Working out on the reg increases those endorphins and just increase spirits so much. Don't stop, or the old habits will remanifest themselves and you'll gain it back.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Isolate Posts by BigDamnHero

Post by BigDamnHero » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:28 am

Thanks for the support, everyone!

@Juliets: Its sounds generic, but basically it's all diet and excercise. I started a nutritionist supervised diet program with Medifeast. I eat 4 meal replacements each day and 2 self-prepared "lean and green" meals each day basically consisting of 90% green veggies and no more than 7 oz. of an animal protein (a.k.a. meat). Then I just try to fit in 15-30 minutes of excercise every day...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

indiglo
Money Launderer

Isolate Posts by indiglo

Post by indiglo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Wow! That's so awesome!! I'm really happy for you, you should be really proud of yourself. Keep up the good work!! :clap:

rabbit8 wrote:Fuck my grammar.

MovingPictures07
The Don

Post by MovingPictures07 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:36 am

BDH, you are the man!! That's inspiring stuff right there. :clap: :clap:

MovingPictures07
The Don

Post by MovingPictures07 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:37 am

Meanwhile, as far as my less exciting weight loss journey, I'm happy to report that at least I've lost 25 lbs since June as of last week. :D

And somehow I broke 55,000 steps in a day last week as well. :slick: I should have known my OCD and obsessive personality would thrive on something like Fitbit.

Marmot
Marmot

Isolate Posts by Marmot

Post by Marmot » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:06 am

Congrats you guys! Keep it up!

I lost 10 lbs a couple weeks ago (due to getting sick). :sigh:

But thankfully, I'm slowly getting that weight back.

Banners.

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Ricochet
call for help

Post by Ricochet » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:21 am

I monitored my weight every day, for a couple of days, and it seems I'm stagnating, but during the day, it ebbs and flows, in a way that hints at sisyphic work. I'm currently gravitating around 86kg (I'm being told by Google that means 189.5 lbs), which, given my height, is technically still a bit overweight. If I have classes (going to school takes a 30-minute walk and another 30min back) or have busy activity in town and/or go to the gym, I shed 1/1.5kg easily (someone told me it's because I get dehydrated). But then during the evening, after drinking my liter of Pepsi and having dinner (which can sometimes be as simple as a salad or salmon), it's all back up. :sigh:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

G-Man
Hitman

Isolate Posts by G-Man

Post by G-Man » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:06 pm

Ricochet wrote:I monitored my weight every day, for a couple of days, and it seems I'm stagnating, but during the day, it ebbs and flows, in a way that hints at sisyphic work. I'm currently gravitating around 86kg (I'm being told by Google that means 189.5 lbs), which, given my height, is technically still a bit overweight. If I have classes (going to school takes a 30-minute walk and another 30min back) or have busy activity in town and/or go to the gym, I shed 1/1.5kg easily (someone told me it's because I get dehydrated). But then during the evening, after drinking my liter of Pepsi and having dinner (which can sometimes be as simple as a salad or salmon), it's all back up. :sigh:
Ditch the soda from your diet and you'll drop five pounds very quickly.
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom

Ricochet
call for help

Post by Ricochet » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:14 pm

G-Man wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I monitored my weight every day, for a couple of days, and it seems I'm stagnating, but during the day, it ebbs and flows, in a way that hints at sisyphic work. I'm currently gravitating around 86kg (I'm being told by Google that means 189.5 lbs), which, given my height, is technically still a bit overweight. If I have classes (going to school takes a 30-minute walk and another 30min back) or have busy activity in town and/or go to the gym, I shed 1/1.5kg easily (someone told me it's because I get dehydrated). But then during the evening, after drinking my liter of Pepsi and having dinner (which can sometimes be as simple as a salad or salmon), it's all back up. :sigh:
Ditch the soda from your diet and you'll drop five pounds very quickly.
I can't. It's a vice. :(

Never argued I'm on a diet, either. I'm well aware that's the detracting part, because I don't seriously diet. The best I could do is find a better meal plan.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:29 pm

I worked out for the first time since April. I dropped ten pounds last time I worked out regularly but put it back on over the summer.

juliets
Crimson Tide

Isolate Posts by juliets

Post by juliets » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:57 pm

Are you doing strength training or cardio Epi? Or both? Is your cardio jogging?
These are the days of miracles and wonder...

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:57 pm

juliets wrote:Are you doing strength training or cardio Epi? Or both? Is your cardio jogging?
It's a bit of both I guess. No jogging. Lots of repetitive motions.

Ricochet
call for help

Post by Ricochet » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:21 pm

So a year ago to this day, after some events I won't touch upon that made me hit a fairly significant low, I've decided the very next day to go sign up at a gym and work out whenever I had two hours to spare during the afternoon (which, as it proved, was quite often). I'm very sedentary and lazy by nature, having indulged in the past only in a bit of jogging around the block. So I did it in order to not be inactive during the winter months and, at first, to go and run myself out of breath for 30 minutes. Then I gradually embraced workouts as much as doing my usual cardio bit.

I'm not writing this as a kudos to me, btw. Even after a year, I am still hardly balanced or inspired in what I eat and following no particular diet whatsoever. I'm surely not working out to the fullest and in the best way, either, and could have had better physical results by now, but I do the exercises I know and can handle. I even did a poor job monitoring my weight all the time, but it seems last December I had it written down at 89.something kg (sorry I don't do lbs) and now I'm slightly below 84.5, which at least finally places me out of the overweight zone, according to my BMI. What surprises me is that my gains and losses have been so up and down around the 86 mark during September-October, despite regular work out, while this past month I've lost one-one1/2, despite barely managing to go due to my schedule. Is it because of my daily walks and activities and stress at work and in town? Or is my body decaying on its own now? Who knows.

Anyway, that's my weird story at the 1 year mark, hopefully I'll perservere and manage to scrape the whole abdominal excess off in the next year and model my body a bit more.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

G-Man
Hitman

Isolate Posts by G-Man

Post by G-Man » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:12 pm

Nice work. That's similar to what I pulled off through dietary restrictions with no exercise save for the random dance party with the girls and chasing them around the house. How tall are you? My BMI still has me as overweight by a hair. :|
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom

Ricochet
call for help

Post by Ricochet » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:32 am

6' 1''
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay
The Consigliere

Isolate Posts by JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:18 am

1. I miss fingersplints.

2. Every time I go for a run I feel like a million bucks. I just need better shoes so I don't end up with a gigantic nasty blister on both feet.
My banners:
Civilian wins: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: Felt Mafia 2, Greater Idea (Burglary), Seinfeld Mafia

Mafia wins: ImageImage
Not pictured: A Game About Chinese Food (Burglary)

Independent wins: ImageImageImage

Host: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary (Burglary)

Awards: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: Seinfeld Mafia MVP