[DAY 3] Turf Wars: Prison Edition

Moderator: Community Team

You have 48 hours from the time on this poll to complete this challenge. Are you going to go 2-0?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:08 pm

Hell yeah, I'm a decoding machine!
17%
Maybe... I can contribute but I'll need some help.
50%
Fuck no, I hate these things.
No votes
The Warden is awesome.
33%

Total votes: 12
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 16

Re: [DAY 3] Turf Wars: Prison Edition

Post by Golf »

ololol my bad homes
Fractal
sprityo
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Paul Stevens »

Prisoner 920077 wrote:I hear the footsteps approaching. it's the only sound in my ear as they climb steadily towards me, and then the light that ~~e~~~ ~~ ~~ the ~~~ll plot ~~ ~~e~e~. ~ ~~~t~~~ ~~~~~ ~~ the ~l~~~~~~ t~~~ ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~~e ~e~~~e the ~l~t ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~ ~~t~ ~l~~e ~~~ the little lamb e~~~~e~ ~~t~ ~ ~l~~~. The food is good? but mostly flavorless, nothing to write home about. ~~t that ~ ~~~l~ ~~~te ~~~e, they can't make me ~e~ ~~~ ~~~e~. ~~ light, ~~~ that ~~tte~. it is later, after the ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~e~ ~~~ ~~ t~~~ t~~e~ ~~~~ that the emptiness of this place really closes in. That's when you really start ~l~~~~~~. ~t ~~~~t ~~~ ~~~~ the t~~e ~~t~ t~~~~~~~, t~e~ ~~~ ~~~~ the silence t~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~t~~t ~~~~~~~, eventually you end up talking to yourself. until the voices start talking to you...
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Look guys.... I found this picture of the Warden when he was younger.

I think what we're trying to decipher is Warden Percy's letter home to mommy. :haha:
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

So I can't figure what "plot" would have to do with anything, in "and then the light that ~~e~~~ ~~ ~~ the ~~~ll plot ~~ ~~e~e~", but the word before "plot" could be small, I suppose?
I hear the footsteps approaching. it's the only sound in my ear as they climb steadily towards me, and then the light that ~~e~~~ ~~ ~~ the ~~~ll plot ~~ ~~e~e~. ~ ~~~t~~~ ~~~~~ ~~ the ~l~~~~~~ t~~~ ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~~e ~e~~~e the ~l~t ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~ ~~t~ ~l~~e ~~~ the little lamb e~~~~e~ ~~t~ ~ ~l~~~. The food is good? but mostly flavorless, nothing to write home about. Not that I would write home??, they can't make me ~e~ ~~~ ~~~e~. ~~ light, for that matter?. It is later, after the ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~e~ ~~~ ~~ t~~~ t~~e~ ~~~~ that the emptiness of this place really closes in. That's when you really start ~l~~~~~~. ~t ~~~~t ~~~ ~~~~ the t~~e ~~t~ t~~~~~~~, then you? ~~~~ the silence t~~ ~~~~ ~~~ start? ~~~~~~~, eventually you end up talking to yourself. until the voices start talking to you...
Fractal
sprityo
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Maybe "~~~ll plot" is "small slot" or slit..... like in a door or between bars :shrug:
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

What verb could come after "the light that"? Gleams would have revealed an l in there. Sheens would have revealed two e's. I'm out of synonyms for shines, other than these.

Maybe "the light that [VERB] in on the small slot/slit is [VERB]"?
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Think I have a solution for the underlined part.
I hear the footsteps approaching. it's the only sound in my ear as they climb steadily towards me, and then the light that ~~e~~~ ~~ ~~ the ~~~ll plot ~~ ~~e~e~. ~ ~~~t~~~ ~~~~~ ~~ the ~l~~~~~~ t~~~ ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~~e ~e~~~e the ~l~t ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~ ~~t~ ~l~~e ~~~ the little lamb e~~~~e~ ~~t~ ~ ~l~~~. The food is good? but mostly flavorless, nothing to write home about. Not that I could write home, they won't give me pen or paper, or light, for that matter. It is later, after the ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~e~ ~~~ ~~ t~~~ t~~e~ ~~~~ that the emptiness of this place really closes in. That's when you really start ~l~~~~~~. ~t ~~~~t ~~~ ~~~~ the t~~e ~~t~ t~~~~~~~, then you? ~~~~ the silence t~~ ~~~~ ~~~ start? ~~~~~~~, eventually you end up talking to yourself. until the voices start talking to you...
[/quote]
Fractal
sprityo
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

"the light that sneaks"?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Gunther »

Warden wrote:~ ~e~~ t~e ~~~t~te~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~. ~t'~ t~e ~~l~ ~~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ t~e~ ~l~~~ ~te~~~l~ t~~~~~~ ~e, ~~~ t~e~ t~e l~~~t t~~t ~~e~~~ ~~ ~~ t~e ~~~ll ~l~t ~~ ~~e~e~. ~ ~~~t~~~ ~~~~~ ~~ t~e ~l~~~~~~ t~~~ ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~~e ~e~~~e t~e ~l~t ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~ ~~t~ ~l~~e ~~~ t~e l~ttle l~~~ e~~~~e~ ~~t~ ~ ~l~~~. T~e ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~t ~~~tl~ ~l~~~~le~~, ~~t~~~~ t~ ~~~te ~~~e ~~~~t. ~~t t~~t ~ ~~~l~ ~~~te ~~~e, t~e~ ~~~'t ~~~e ~e ~e~ ~~~ ~~~e~. ~~ l~~~t, ~~~ t~~t ~~tte~. ~t ~~ l~te~, ~~te~ t~e ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~e~ ~~~ ~~ t~~~ t~~e~ ~~~~ t~~t t~e e~~t~~e~~ ~~ t~~~ ~l~~e ~e~ll~ ~l~~e~ ~~. T~~t'~ ~~e~ ~~~ ~e~ll~ ~t~~t ~l~~~~~~. ~t ~~~~t ~~~ ~~~~ t~e t~~e ~~t~ t~~~~~~~, t~e~ ~~~ ~~~~ t~e ~~le~~e t~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~t~~t ~~~~~~~, e~e~t~~ll~ ~~~ e~~ ~~ t~l~~~~ t~ ~~~~~el~. ~~t~l t~e ~~~~e~ ~t~~t t~l~~~~ t~ ~~~...
Well this is just ri-goddamn-diculous. I'm glad some of you are making progress because I have never been very good at decoding secret messages. Overly-elaborate yet easily-escapable death traps? Yes. Decoding? How 'bout nooo!

I will try to contribute to the cause in due time.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Where's the new guy? Sulking in his cell?
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

I'd say we're about ready for another set of letters, if the Warden would please *hides knife behind his back and grins*.
Fractal
sprityo
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Saito »

Prisoner 740359 wrote:Think I have a solution for the underlined part.
I hear the footsteps approaching. it's the only sound in my ear as they climb steadily towards me, and then the light that ~~e~~~ ~~ ~~ the ~~~ll plot ~~ ~~e~e~. ~ ~~~t~~~ ~~~~~ ~~ the ~l~~~~~~ t~~~ ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~~e ~e~~~e the ~l~t ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~ ~~t~ ~l~~e ~~~ the little lamb e~~~~e~ ~~t~ ~ ~l~~~. The food is good? but mostly flavorless, nothing to write home about. Not that I could write home, they won't give me pen or paper, or light, for that matter. It is later, after the ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~e~ ~~~ ~~ t~~~ t~~e~ ~~~~ that the emptiness of this place really closes in. That's when you really start ~l~~~~~~. At night ~~~ ~~~~ the t~~e ~~t~ t~~~~~~~, then you? ~~~~ the silence t~~ ~~~~ ~~~ start? ~~~~~~~, eventually you end up talking to yourself. until the voices start talking to you...
[/quote]
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

As a note if we do get new letters, I'd ask that anyone who has contributed proofread your contributions against the new letters.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Rachel Green »

Yes. As someone pointed out, my line with "ear" is wrong as there is no E there. Next time someone updates please take that bit out.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Excluded ear.. Put lamb in paranthesis, it could be wrong and it's kinda distracting me from thinking of other variants. This word "~l~~~~~~" could be repeating itself twice, second time after "That's when you really start...". Proofread to the best of my not-losing-my-mind abilities.

I hear the footsteps approaching. It's the only sound in my ~~~ as they climb steadily towards me, and then the light that ~~e~~~ ~~ ~~ the ~~~ll plot ~~ ~~e~e~. ~ ~~~t~~~ ~~~~~ ~~ the ~l~~~~~~ t~~~ ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~~e ~e~~~e the ~l~t ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~ ~~t~ ~l~~e ~~~ the little [lamb] e~~~~e~ ~~t~ ~ ~l~~~. The food is good? but mostly flavorless, nothing to write home about. Not that I could write home, they won't give me pen or paper, or light, for that matter. It is later, after the ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~e~ ~~~ ~~ t~~~ t~~e~ ~~~~ that the emptiness of this place really closes in. That's when you really start ~l~~~~~~. At night ~~~ ~~~~ the t~~e ~~t~ t~~~~~~~, then you? ~~~~ the silence t~~ ~~~~ ~~~ start? ~~~~~~~, eventually you end up talking to yourself. Until the voices start talking to you...
If new letters, I think we should definitely check if some of those S's and H's fit, for instance, and maybe get more. And another vowel.
Fractal
sprityo
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Just a note. If we fail these challenges, there are some repercussions.

So, considering how difficult this one is, I'd like to note that the following prisoners have contributed:

Prisoner 920077
Prisoner 277058
Prisoner 413022
Prisoner 208986
Prisoner 650829
Prisoner 740359

The following prisoners have commented on it but not contributed:

Prisoner 640326
Prisoner 813142

And the following haven't said anything:

Prisoner 379949
Prisoner 509378
Prisoner 513538
Prisoner 980854

Should we fail, I think this information will be useful. I will not be voting to remove anyone from the first list, and even those in the second are ok, I know some people aren't fans of the decode. But that third group? Yeah. The last groupa mugs who tried to ride my coattails ended up on their backs staring at the roof of the church #apologiestoDMX
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Prisoner 740359 wrote:Excluded ear.. Put lamb in paranthesis, it could be wrong and it's kinda distracting me from thinking of other variants. This word "~l~~~~~~" could be repeating itself twice, second time after "That's when you really start...". Proofread to the best of my not-losing-my-mind abilities.

I hear the footsteps approaching. It's the only sound -- -- ~~~ as they climb steadily towards me, and then the light that ~~e~~~ ~~ ~~ the ~~~ll plot ~~ ~~e~e~. ~ ~~~t~~~ ~~~~~ ~~ the ~l~~~~~~ t~~~ ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~~e ~e~~~e the ~l~t ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~ ~~t~ ~l~~e ~~~ the little [lamb] e~~~~e~ ~~t~ ~ ~l~~~. The food is good? but mostly flavorless, nothing to write home about. Not that I could write home, they won't give me pen or paper, or light, for that matter. It is later, after the ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~e~ ~~~ ~~ t~~~ t~~e~ ~~~~ that the emptiness of this place really closes in. That's when you really start ~l~~~~~~. At night ~~~ ~~~~ the t~~e ~~t~ t~~~~~~~, then you? ~~~~ the silence t~~ ~~~~ ~~~ start? ~~~~~~~, eventually you end up talking to yourself. Until the voices start talking to you...
If new letters, I think we should definitely check if some of those S's and H's fit, for instance, and maybe get more. And another vowel.
I took out the "in my" that went with "ear" as the whole word grouping could be wrong.

The -l------ seems like it is likely a word ending in "ing". Like planning or something like that. I like the thought about plot being slot or slit. Light shining through a slit feels prison-y.

And kudos to whoever got the flavourless food, that's genius.

Also, if anyone feels that I misrepresented them on my list, please say so. I may have made a mistake, it's hard when we are all just numbers.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Prisoner 920077 wrote:Just a note. If we fail these challenges, there are some repercussions.

So, considering how difficult this one is, I'd like to note that the following prisoners have contributed:

Prisoner 920077
Prisoner 277058
Prisoner 413022
Prisoner 208986
Prisoner 650829
Prisoner 740359

Prisoner 640326
Prisoner 813142

Prisoner 379949
Prisoner 509378
Prisoner 513538
Prisoner 980854

Should we fail, I think this information will be useful. I will not be voting to remove anyone from the first list, and even those in the second are ok, I know some people aren't fans of the decode. But that third group? Yeah. The last groupa mugs who tried to ride my coattails ended up on their backs staring at the roof of the church #apologiestoDMX
I will bite your ear off and flush it down the toilet bucket. You know damned well that this prison operates on a multi-layered schedule, so quit protecting yourself with these tripe passive-aggressive attacks on absolutely anyone you can find to attack.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

The next letters we request, assuming they will ever exist, must be as common as possible 740359 said. "S" is a huge priority, as it is a highly commonplace consonant and it could do wonders to expose a bunch of words in one move. Another vowel to supplement "E" is more difficult to choose as they are all well behind it in commonality. I would suggest "O" and "U" would seem like poor choices. I would sooner choose "A" than "I", so that means right now my top two letters to choose are "S" and "A". After that there are a ton of viable options. We could even take a third vowel.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I don't have the ability on this computer right now to use many external resources as an aid, but I do have a recommendation for those who can: use a thesaurus. A lot of what has already been determined leaves us with a number of conceptual possibilities, and those can be translated into actual words that fit the letters provided when proper synonyms are identified.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

e,t,a,o,i,n,s,h,r are the highest frequency letters in the english language according to wikipedia. So I agree with "a" and "s" and think about the other letters listed if we get to choose three. Who knows, we may only get to choose one - depends on how diabolical the hosts want to be. There may be another letter that would be in high frequency when talking about jails but I don't know what it would be.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I hear the footsteps approaching. It's the only sound of my day as they climb
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Prisoner 920077 wrote:Just a note. If we fail these challenges, there are some repercussions.

Prisoner 920077
Prisoner 277058
Prisoner 413022
Prisoner 208986
Prisoner 650829
Prisoner 740359

Prisoner 640326
Prisoner 813142

Prisoner 379949
Prisoner 509378
Prisoner 513538
Prisoner 980854

And you're posting right now why? Let's focus on the challenges, failing will happen when we stop focusing. After we've failed, we can talk who to roast.
Fractal
sprityo
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Prisoner 920077 wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:Excluded ear.. Put lamb in paranthesis, it could be wrong and it's kinda distracting me from thinking of other variants. This word "~l~~~~~~" could be repeating itself twice, second time after "That's when you really start...". Proofread to the best of my not-losing-my-mind abilities.

I hear the footsteps approaching. It's the only sound of my day as they climb steadily towards me, and then the light that ~~e~~~ in to the small slot ~~ ~~e~e~. ~ ~~~t~~~ ~~~~~ ~~ the ~l~~~~~~ t~~~ ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~~e ~e~~~e the ~l~t ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~ ~~t~ ~l~~e ~~~ the little [lamb] e~~~~e~ ~~t~ ~ ~l~~~. The food is good? but mostly flavorless, nothing to write home about. Not that I could write home, they won't give me pen or paper, or light, for that matter. It is later, after the ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~e~ ~~~ ~~ t~~~ t~~e~ ~~~~ that the emptiness of this place really closes in. That's when you really start ~l~~~~~~. At night ~~~ ~~~~ the t~~e ~~t~ t~~~~~~~, then you? ~~~~ the silence t~~ ~~~~ ~~~ start? ~~~~~~~, eventually you end up talking to yourself. Until the voices start talking to you...
I took out the "in my" that went with "ear" as the whole word grouping could be wrong.

The -l------ seems like it is likely a word ending in "ing". Like planning or something like that. I like the thought about plot being slot or slit. Light shining through a slit feels prison-y.

And kudos to whoever got the flavourless food, that's genius.

Also, if anyone feels that I misrepresented them on my list, please say so. I may have made a mistake, it's hard when we are all just numbers.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Prisoner 208986 wrote:e,t,a,o,i,n,s,h,r are the highest frequency letters in the english language according to wikipedia. So I agree with "a" and "s" and think about the other letters listed if we get to choose three. Who knows, we may only get to choose one - depends on how diabolical the hosts want to be. There may be another letter that would be in high frequency when talking about jails but I don't know what it would be.
I never realized "N" was so common. That could be a good choice too, it'd resolve a lot of the "then" type words for good.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Let's make it S, N and an important vowel, E or A, then.
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Derp, I mean A or I.
Fractal
sprityo
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I vote "a".

In that second sentence where we have "in to the small slot" shouldn't "in to" be one word - into? If so we've got that part wrong.

I've looked for a long time at what that word before "in to" - the one with the "e" in it - could be but I'm just not having any luck.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
I will bite your ear off and flush it down the toilet bucket. You know damned well that this prison operates on a multi-layered schedule, so quit protecting yourself with these tripe passive-aggressive attacks on absolutely anyone you can find to attack.
I have no idea what any of this means, but how about you decode something and then we'll talk, hmm?

I'm at work for now, will work on it more tonight, but guys, I don't think we're getting any letters. I'd bet we're stuck with what we've got.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

And homie, there is nothing passive-aggressive about what I wrote, it's aggressive-aggressive. Anyone who doesn't bother helping with this is permanently going on my shit list.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

I will accept one letter request at this time.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Since we already have the letter E for Evil, I am requesting the letter A from our Warden. Vowels make it so much easier to sort these kinds of thing out. Really.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

A it is.

~ ~ea~ t~e ~~~t~te~~ a~~~~a~~~~~. ~t'~ t~e ~~l~ ~~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~a~ a~ t~e~ ~l~~~ ~tea~~l~ t~~a~~~ ~e, a~~ t~e~ t~e l~~~t t~at ~~ea~~ ~~ a~ t~e ~~all ~l~t ~~ ~~e~e~. A ~~at~~~ ~~~~~ a~ t~e al~~~~~~ t~a~ ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~~e ~e~~~e t~e ~l~t ~~ ~l~~ ~a~~ ~~t~ ~la~e a~~ t~e l~ttle l~~~ e~~a~e~ ~~t~ a ~l~~~. T~e ~~~~ ~~ ~a~~ ~~t ~~~tl~ ~la~~~le~~, ~~t~~~~ t~ ~~~te ~~~e a~~~t. ~~t t~at ~ ~~~l~ ~~~te ~~~e, t~e~ ~~~'t ~~~e ~e ~e~ a~~ ~a~e~. ~~ l~~~t, ~~~ t~at ~atte~. ~t ~~ late~, a~te~ t~e ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~e~ a~~ ~~ t~a~ ta~e~ a~a~ t~at t~e e~~t~~e~~ ~~ t~~~ ~la~e ~eall~ ~l~~e~ ~~. T~at'~ ~~e~ ~~~ ~eall~ ~ta~t ~l~~~~~~. At ~~~~t ~~~ ~a~~ t~e t~~e ~~t~ t~~~~~~~, t~e~ ~~~ ~~~~ t~e ~~le~~e t~~ ~~~~ a~~ ~ta~t ~~~~~~~, e~e~t~all~ ~~~ e~~ ~~ tal~~~~ t~ ~~~~~el~. ~~t~l t~e ~~~~e~ ~ta~t tal~~~~ t~ ~~~...

Now back to work.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Quite the productive letter, no? Ah, it feels good to make rash, unilateral decisions again.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Here's another brilliant idea from your resident evil genius: how about we settle on a specific color for confirmed words, this way we know without question which words are still open to interpretation, okay? While I appreciate all the efforts of those of you who are superior in this sort of puzzle, it was starting to look like a box of crayons vomitted all over the thread.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Okay somebody pick a color who uses the black screen cause thats what most people use. Just please don't pick that green cause I can't see it on my pro silver screen. 813 since you're here why don't you pick.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

About to post a PICTURE of the text with words marked off as the "A"s have eliminated them. This was easier for me given my computer limitations than copy paste, as silly as that might sound. Please double-check me before proceeding. If I can even load the freaking hosting site. I hate this piece of crap.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I hope that worked. Can't even see the image. Awesome.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Image

I hope that worked. Can't even see the image. Awesome.
Riiiiiiiight.

Prisoner 208986 wrote:Okay somebody pick a color who uses the black screen cause thats what most people use. Just please don't pick that green cause I can't see it on my pro silver screen. 813 since you're here why don't you pick.
How about we use dead red? It's an evil color that is currently not being used. It's also easily visible on both forum background schemes.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I agree with dead red and it will be so much easier because we can just use the dead tags instead of the color font thingy. Now, what do we consider confirmed? I had some words that the"a"'s fit exactly where I had them - with the t and the e and the l also fitting can I assume that's confirmed? Or do I have to wait for more letters?
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

I hear the footsteps approaching. It's the only sound in my ~a~ as they climb steadily towards me, and then the light that gleams in as the ~~all plot ~~ ~~e~e~. A ~~at~~~ ~~~~~ a~ the al~~~~~~ t~a~ ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~~e ~e~~~e the ~l~t ~~ ~l~~ ~a~~ ~~t~ ~la~e a~~ the little l~~~ e~~a~e~ ~~t~ a ~l~~~. The ~~~~ ~~ ~a~~ but mostly flavorless, nothing to write home about. Not that I could write home, they won't give me pen and paper, or light, for that matter. It is later, after the ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~e~ a~~ ~~ t~a~ taken away that the emptiness of this place really closes in. That's when you really start ~l~~~~~~. At night ~~~ ~a~~ the t~~e ~~t~ t~~~~~~~,then you? ~~~~ the silence t~~ ~~~~ and start ~~~~~~~, eventually you end up talking to yourself. Until the voices start talking to you...

I think this is where we are at. I left the spots that don't seem certain in dead red. Please check for mistakes!
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

@Warden, is it possible you are missing an E in the first line? That sure seems like it should be "ear" to me....
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

I hear the footsteps approaching. It's the only sound in my ~a~ as they climb steadily towards me, and then the light that gleams in as the ~~all plot ~~ ~~e~e~. A ~~at~~~ ~~~~~ a~ the al~~~~~~ t~a~ ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~~e ~e~~~e the ~l~t ~~ ~l~~ ~a~~ ~~t~ ~la~e and the little l~~~ escapes into a ~l~~~. The ~~~~ ~~ ~a~~ but mostly flavorless, nothing to write home about. Not that I could write home, they won't give me pen and paper, or light, for that matter. It is later, after the ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~e~ a~~ ~~ t~a~ taken away that the emptiness of this place really closes in. That's when you really start ~l~~~~~~. At night ~~~ ~a~~ the t~~e ~~t~ t~~~~~~~,then you? ~~~~ the silence t~~ ~~~~ and start ~~~~~~~, eventually you end up talking to yourself. Until the voices start talking to you...

I think this is where we are at. I left the spots that don't seem certain in dead red. Please check for mistakes!
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Warden wrote:A it is.

I hear the footsteps approaching. it's the only [sound] of my day as they climb steadily towards me, and then the light that gleams in at the small slot ~~ ~~e~e~. A ~~at~~~ ~~~~~ a~ t~e al~~~~~~ t~a~ ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~~e ~e~~~e t~e ~l~t ~~ ~l~~ ~a~~ ~~t~ ~la~e a~~ the little l~~~ e~~a~e~ ~~t~ a ~l~~~. T~e ~~~~ ~~ ~a~~ ~~t ~~~tl~ ~la~~~le~~, nothing to write home about. Not that I could write home, they won't give me pen and paper. or light, for that matter. It is later, after the ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~e~ a~~ ~~ t~a~ taken away that the emptiness of this place really closes in. That's when you really start slipping. At first you pass the time ~~t~ t~~~~~~~, then ~~~ ~~~~ the ~~le~~e t~~ ~~~~ a~~ ~ta~t ~~~~~~~, eventually you end up talking to yourself. until the voices start talking to you...

Now back to work.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Okay, didn't we just pick dead red as the color for confirmed words? Throw me a frickin' bone here people!
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Prisoner 277058 wrote:
Warden wrote:A it is.

I hear the footsteps approaching. it's the only [sound] of my day as they climb steadily towards me, and then the light that gleams in at the small slot ~~ ~~e~e~. A ~~at~~~ ~~~~~ a~ t~e al~~~~~~ t~a~ ~~ ~l~~ ~~~~~e ~e~~~e t~e ~l~t ~~ ~l~~ ~a~~ ~~t~ ~la~e a~~ the little l~~~ e~~a~e~ ~~t~ a ~l~~~. The food is warm but mostly flavorless, nothing to write home about. Not that I could write home, they won't give me pen and paper. or light, for that matter. It is later, after the ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~e~ a~~ ~~ t~a~ taken away that the emptiness of this place really closes in. That's when you really start slipping. At first you pass the time ~~t~ t~~~~~~~, then ~~~ ~~~~ the ~~le~~e t~~ ~~~~ a~~ ~ta~t ~~~~~~~, eventually you end up talking to yourself. until the voices start talking to you...

Now back to work.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:Okay, didn't we just pick dead red as the color for confirmed words? Throw me a frickin' bone here people!
You can read.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

We need to know which parts are still "being worked on". It makes more sense for the parts that seem 90%+ confident to just be written, so we can see where we need to concentrate by looking at the parts in dead red, to me! :)
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I'll be more cognizant of that in the future.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Prisoner 277058 wrote:I'll be more cognizant of that in the future.
Meh, we're all trying our best here, I don't care which way we do it. I only care about how few of us are trying. :disappoint:

Return to “Turf Wars Prison Yard”