[DAY 4] Turf Wars: Prison Edition

Moderator: Community Team

You have 48 hours to compete this third challenge. Will you go 3-0?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:07 pm

3-0! 3-0! Prison break here we come!
50%
All I know is that my gut says maybe.
17%
This looks hard... I hate to say it but we'll probably go 2-1...
No votes
The Shawshank Redemption is the best movie of all time.
33%

Total votes: 6
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 2

Re: [DAY 4] Turf Wars: Prison Edition

Post by Young Lady »

Oh boy. I don't think I am very good at this.
Supervisor
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 17

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

2)
As an example, fat chance me ever getting a socky nomination for funniest poster, even though I will try and do lots of funnies a game. I do the game side far too seriously.
This one was Golden. He was talking to ika about the Funniest Poster Award, and ika said that he would get it for sure. This was Golden's response.

4)
Yes sig. I asked to work tonight so that I could miss the deadline and have an excuse for voting you out of a mafia game.
I think this was Silverwolf.

6)
Also, NEWS FLASH I am a gigantic nerd who hordes internet smileys!!!
This one is indiglo, I want to bookmark her stash for future use!

7)
Everyone, am I a handsome sock or a beautiful Daisy?
This one is DrWilgy for sure, I remember it. I think Metalmarsh responded with "Can't you be a beautiful sock or a handsome Daisy?"

8)
ok im back from my poo. should I say how it was?
This one is absolutely ika, you have it right.

10)
finally someone asks! Holy cowlicks! I think Scotty has big feet, if you know what I mean.
This is Scotty - someone asked Scotty what he thought of Scotty, and this was his response!

11)
The next time you level up, put a few more points in sarcasm detection.
This one is Epignosis.

15)
Wow this is getting kinda extreme first you want me to be your slave know Golden is in your ass? :p
Definitely sig based on the "know". He always does that.
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SUBMISSION, WARDEN. THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SUBMISSION, WARDEN.

1 - Sloonei
2 - Golden
3 - indiglo
4 - Silverwolf
5 - Metalmarsh89
6 - Indiglo
7 - DrWilgy
8 - ika
9 - a2thezebra
10 - Scotty
11 - Epignosis
12 - Quin
13 - Epignosis
14 - Turnip Head
15 - sig

That's all I've got for now, I don't really remember the rest so well.
dunya
Turnip Head
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Awesome, 888206. It hadn't occurred to me that a new inmate would have actually seen the thread nearly in full.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Keep chugging away folks, I am going to be offline for much of the day. I believe in us!
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 888206 wrote:THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SUBMISSION, WARDEN. THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SUBMISSION, WARDEN.

1 - Sloonei
2 - Golden
3 - indiglo
4 - Silverwolf
5 - Metalmarsh89
6 - Indiglo
7 - DrWilgy
8 - ika
9 - a2thezebra
10 - Scotty
11 - Epignosis
12 - Quin
13 - Epignosis
14 - Turnip Head
15 - sig

Excellent work my newly-incarcerated colleague. If your suspicions are correct then this would only require us to get four more correct to put Operation IVY into action. Is anyone open to the idea of using 888206's suggestions as a "final answer" to see if we can put ourselves on the right track and narrow down our choices for the other quotes?
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Golf »

Ho wait, we got a new homie straight from the game.

Homie88, if you're right about this, all my respekt and packs of cigarettes.

WARDEN YOU DUN GOOFD

HA HAA CHARADE YOU ARE
Fractal
sprityo
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

We only get one final answer so please don't submit anything officially to the warden yet. I'm content to work with these new adds though. The lifelines should go to other quotes.

This is a perfectly manageable challenge.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Paul Stevens »

Hey guys, had a busy day yesterday, sorry I wasn't around to help start this off.

I'll have a look later but I think our new prisoner will be very helpful on this one!
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Paul Stevens »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:
Prisoner 888206 wrote:THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SUBMISSION, WARDEN. THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SUBMISSION, WARDEN.

1 - Sloonei
2 - Golden
3 - indiglo
4 - Silverwolf
5 - Metalmarsh89
6 - Indiglo
7 - DrWilgy
8 - ika
9 - a2thezebra
10 - Scotty
11 - Epignosis
12 - Quin
13 - Epignosis
14 - Turnip Head
15 - sig

Excellent work my newly-incarcerated colleague. If your suspicions are correct then this would only require us to get four more correct to put Operation IVY into action. Is anyone open to the idea of using 888206's suggestions as a "final answer" to see if we can put ourselves on the right track and narrow down our choices for the other quotes?
Prisoner 888 also had #8 & #15 in their previous post so I'm not sure why they aren't yellow in this post of theirs as well. It's pretty well agreed that 15 is sig too so, I'd be ok with submitting 4,6,7,8,10,11 and 15 if others agree. Then we could cross off those players and quotes if they're correct.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

I see MP has chosen to be generous in helping you complete your task, inmates. Bear in mind that I shall not be so lenient.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Prisoner 650829 wrote:
Prisoner 813142 wrote:

1 - Sloonei
2 - Golden
3 - indiglo
4 - Silverwolf
5 - Metalmarsh89
6 - Indiglo
7 - DrWilgy
8 - ika
9 - a2thezebra
10 - Scotty
11 - Epignosis
12 - Quin
13 - Epignosis
14 - Turnip Head
15 - sig

Prisoner 888 also had #8 & #15 in their previous post so I'm not sure why they aren't yellow in this post of theirs as well. It's pretty well agreed that 15 is sig too so, I'd be ok with submitting 4,6,7,8,10,11 and 15 if others agree. Then we could cross off those players and quotes if they're correct.
That's right - I only colored the ones that I changed. #8 and #15 were already right.
dunya
Turnip Head
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Just a reminder: if we are to use the Audience lifeline, we should decide to do so within the next uhm 5-6 hours or so, otherwise the 24-hour response window will end past our deadline tomorrow.

I also agree that, if homie88's insight is solid (including confirming #8 and #15), we should give it another go to try to associate the rest of the quotes with the remaining players and then maybe decide on lifelines.
Fractal
sprityo
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Sorry for being out of it, I don't wanna let you guys down D:

Okie, so I specifically remember ika saying the poop quote. I also remember either MM or Wilgy saying the "Handsome sock or beautiful daisy" quote.
Lunalee
nutella
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Prisoner 980854 wrote:Sorry for being out of it, I don't wanna let you guys down D:

Okie, so I specifically remember ika saying the poop quote. I also remember either MM or Wilgy saying the "Handsome sock or beautiful daisy" quote.
You are totally right. Wilgy said the thing, then MM responded with "Beautiful Sock or Handsome Daisy". :D

Let's use those lifelines. We only need 10 out of 15 to win this.
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

LIFELINES
1. 50:50 - Select 1 quote. We will tell you the names of two players who may have said it; one is the correct answer, one is not.

2. Phone a Friend - Choose 1 of the following 9 friends: Black Rock, chaindeath, Matt, Nerolunar, Scotty, Serge, Soneji, S~V~S, and thellama73. Then select 1 quote. We will PM that player with the quote; that player will then have 2 hours maximum to respond back to the PM with the correct answer. If they do not respond in time, you will receive no help.

3. Ask the Audience - Select 1 quote. The "audience" will be shown that quote and given 24 hours to vote on whichever player they think is the correct answer. We will then provide the results for your viewing.[/quote][/spoiler]
Let me know when you'd like to use them by bolding and underlining something to the effect of "USE 50:50 LIFELINE", and I'll take care of it.

Each lifeline has only one use. So once you use it, it will be gone. If one of you elects to use a lifeline, I will assume that as an election for the whole group.

1. We need to decide on a 50/50 quote, and get it in there. We should definitely be offering suggestions as to which one.

2. Who is likely to be available in the 2-hour timeframe? Who is town and likely to truly help?

3. I assume the audience must be players in the main thread, right? This one is most likely to give us a good result, I think.
dunya
Turnip Head
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Audience could be spectator chat as well
Supervisor
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

IIRC Scotty was the "most" active of the peeps, so if making sure we get an answer is priority I'd go that route.

Do these lifelines only exist for today's challenge or are they kept throughout our stay here?
Lunalee
nutella
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Prisoner 888206 wrote:LIFELINES
1. 50:50 - Select 1 quote. We will tell you the names of two players who may have said it; one is the correct answer, one is not.

2. Phone a Friend - Choose 1 of the following 9 friends: Black Rock, chaindeath, Matt, Nerolunar, Scotty, Serge, Soneji, S~V~S, and thellama73. Then select 1 quote. We will PM that player with the quote; that player will then have 2 hours maximum to respond back to the PM with the correct answer. If they do not respond in time, you will receive no help.

3. Ask the Audience - Select 1 quote. The "audience" will be shown that quote and given 24 hours to vote on whichever player they think is the correct answer. We will then provide the results for your viewing.
[/spoiler]
Let me know when you'd like to use them by bolding and underlining something to the effect of "USE 50:50 LIFELINE", and I'll take care of it.

Each lifeline has only one use. So once you use it, it will be gone. If one of you elects to use a lifeline, I will assume that as an election for the whole group.

1. We need to decide on a 50/50 quote, and get it in there. We should definitely be offering suggestions as to which one.

2. Who is likely to be available in the 2-hour timeframe? Who is town and likely to truly help?

3. I assume the audience must be players in the main thread, right? This one is most likely to give us a good result, I think.[/quote]

As for #2 the two hour time frame I would suggest we not use Black Rock because she has limited availability. SVS would be a good choice EXCEPT she works all day so the request to her would have to come in the evening. She sometimes comes in to comment during the day but I don't think we can depend on that. I don't know if we want to risk it with her. Unfortunately I don't know about chaindeath, Matt, Nero, Serge, Soneji, and llama. I do know that the llama is American and works during the day. He sometimes works late. I'll check his post times in Rocky and Bullwinkle.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Prisoner 980854 wrote:IIRC Scotty was the "most" active of the peeps, so if making sure we get an answer is priority I'd go that route.

Do these lifelines only exist for today's challenge or are they kept throughout our stay here?
They are unique to today's challenge.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Ok, knowing Scotty was most active is a big help. I looked at llama's game which he is hosting and his game posts were all in the 11:00 am - 12:00 pm bracket. One night he had a ton of posts in the 9:00 - 9:30 or 10 time frame (I think they were playing a game) and then the other posts were in the 4:00 pm to 2:00 am time frame. So, all over the board but he was hosting so knew he had to get on at 11:00 ish for the posts. Scotty may be our best bet. I think he'll take the responsibility seriously too.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Is there a rule about not revealing our real identities here? I assume there is. Is it in our best interest to endeavor to hide our identities from each other?
dunya
Turnip Head
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
RULES & PROCEDURES

Rules
4. No role outing of yourself or anyone else.
5. No identity outing of yourself or anyone else (i.e., MovingPictures07).
6. No dumping main game or player-specific information into the thread. This includes anything from your past life in the main thread, if you had one, as well as current prison-based information such as your cell number or cellmate.
7. You may, however, alignment claim truthfully or falsely, although it is not necessarily recommended.
:srsnod:
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Saito »

I had a sudden engagement that drew me away for a bit. I'll read up on our progress now.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I like what you've got so far. I would suggest using the 50/50 on players/quotes with similar syntax or history.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:

1 - Sloonei
2 - Golden
3 - indiglo
4 - Silverwolf
5 - Metalmarsh89
6 - Indiglo
7 - DrWilgy
8 - ika
9 - a2thezebra
10 - Scotty
11 - Epignosis
12 - Quin
13 - Epignosis
14 - Turnip Head
15 - sig

Is there a reason Epignosis is listed twice or did I miss something?
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Epignosis probably didn't say #13 then.
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Prisoner 888206 wrote:1 - Sloonei
2 - Golden
3 -
4 - Silverwolf
5 - Metalmarsh89
6 - Indiglo
7 - DrWilgy
8 - ika
9 - a2thezebra
10 - Scotty
11 - Epignosis
12 - Quin
13 -
14 - Turnip Head
15 - sig
PLAYER BANK
a2thezebra
agleaminranks
Dragon D. Luffy
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Golden
ika
indiglo
Metalmarsh89
Quin
Scotty
sig
Silverwolf
Sloonei
Turnip Head

#3 and #13 are DDL and gleam.
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Warden wrote:3)
ika-WTF are you doing?
USE ASK THE AUDIENCE LIFELINE about this quote please!
dunya
Turnip Head
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Prisoner 888206 wrote:
Warden wrote:3)
ika-WTF are you doing?
USE ASK THE AUDIENCE LIFELINE about this quote please!
On it. You still have two lifelines remaining.

I'll be sure to update you all on the results in 24 hours.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Wait. Don't we need some results sooner?
dunya
Turnip Head
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Prisoner 888206 wrote:Wait. Don't we need some results sooner?
Not sure I understand the question fully. Ask the Audience is in effect for 24 hours for the audience to respond. Phone a Friend takes 2 hours. I assure you that all the mechanics for the lifelines are within my original post on the matter.

You should be fine since you elected the Audience lifeline within enough time before Day 4 is complete, if that's what you're worried about.

Hope that answers your concern.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Prisoner 888206 wrote: #3 and #13 are DDL and gleam.
Just guessing here, but I could see DDL, with previous experience playing here, say #13, whilst gleam could post a more sudden outburst like post such as #3.
Fractal
sprityo
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
You should be fine since you elected the Audience lifeline within enough time before Day 4 is complete, if that's what you're worried about.
That was my concern, thank you.
dunya
Turnip Head
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Sorry folks, after looking through post histories of the remaining players, I am unable to find any useful "flavor clues." The Warden certainly stepped up his game this time.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Prisoner 888206 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
That was my concern, thank you.
Told ya peeps.
Fractal
sprityo
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Should we talk about what other quotes to send for our other lifelines?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Prisoner 208986 wrote:Should we talk about what other quotes to send for our other lifelines?
Would 13 be a good candidate for 50/50
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I think it would be because we are not sure who to attribute it to. Lets see what others think.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

I think #3 "ika-WTF are you doing?" is DDL. Pretty sure I remember him seeing that next to One Piece's face lol
Lunalee
nutella
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Hey gang I am tired up with spring break activities for a bit so I won't be helping much with this challenge. I'm horrible at attributing quotes anyway and haven't been playing much so I don't know the new peeps. Carry on!
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

The 50/50 is not going to help us much, I'd say. We do #3 or #13, and the 50/50 is going to tell us it is between DDL and gleam. Betcha.
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

That said, someone go ahead and use the other two lifelines in as sensible a way as you can. I took it upon myself to use one already; someone else do another! :) Good night.
dunya
Turnip Head
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Operator »

Ok - I've read through it all. Good stuff everyone. Sorry I couldn't be here sooner. I got lippy with a guard and just got out of solitary.

I'm going to wait a like an hour so we can make out the 2 hour time limit then I'm going to phone a friend for llama and number 13. Since it and 3 seem to be the ones we have the most doubt about, 13 is a more memorable quote so getting some info from someone else who is known to be in the thread and who is likely to be around in about an hour - feels like the right way to go. I will check back to see if anyone has any better idea.
Management
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Is #13 the best we can try to certify? How many of the others (besides the ones confirmed by players-turned-inmates) are secured or do we feel certain about? Whoever said if we test #3 and #13 the 50/50 we'd probably get the very variants we are struggling with probably has a point, so I think it should be a different quote.
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Homie41, if I'm understanding this correctly, you're calculating that now's the right window to reach out to llama, yes? Does that however take in account that the Hosts would be here to actually deliver the question to llama within the same window or not?
Fractal
sprityo
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

it doesn't - it's a gamble at best.

It's knowing the hosts and hoping I do time zone math well enough and also hoping that llama remembered that quote well enough to either answer it off hand or find it quickly enough.

It's always a gamble and time is running out.

50/50 we can always use - if there's another quote you'd rather use than the one I suggested, I'd welcome it. But it seemed those two were most uncertian and "I'm a grown adult" felt more memerable.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

also - I maintain that if llama can answer it - it helps fill in the blank.
and maybe give us submisison. and if he turns the thing up on it's ear - it gives us time to fix it.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

and look - our lovely sock host is here right now. :)

I'm going to jump the gun now cuz our host is here and llama will be VERY soon. I hope.

PHONE A FRIEND Please ask llama about #13.
Management
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

ok
Fractal
sprityo

Return to “Turf Wars Prison Yard”