Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 13
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

[DAY 9] Turf Wars: Prison Edition

Post by Tangrowth »

Turf Wars: Prison Edition

Brought to you by Spacedaisy and MovingPictures07!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [DAY 9] Turf Wars: Prison Edition

Post by Tangrowth »

RULES & PROCEDURES

Gameplay
1. Days are 48 hours and take place here.
2. Nights are 24 hours and take place in your cell.
3. All game conversation must take place in this thread or your cell, depending on whether it is Day or Night respectively.
4. The hosts for this game are MovingPictures07 and Spacedaisy. Please PM all game and mechanics questions to both hosts.
5. The Mod on Duty for this game is nijuukyugou. She is there for any of your questions or concerns not strictly related to game or role mechanics. Please PM her with any grievances or concerns you may have at any time, notably including conflicts with other players. Keep the thread fun and clean of emotionally-charged drama or conflicts; PM nijuukyugou instead. We want to keep this game as fun as possible for everyone.

Rules
1. Be respectful and remember that this is a game. Although mafia is a game of deception and can be rather heated, recognize that the game is not personal and that your friends may be lying to you in the spirit of the game. Please treat your fellow players with respect, even if you suspect or strongly disagree with them.
2. No BTSC (Behind the Scenes Contact/Conversation).
3. No editing or deleting of posts.
4. No role outing of yourself or anyone else.
5. No identity outing of yourself or anyone else (i.e., MovingPictures07).
6. No dumping main game or player-specific information into the thread. This includes anything from your past life in the main thread, if you had one, as well as current prison-based information such as your cell number or cellmate.
7. You may, however, alignment claim truthfully or falsely, although it is not necessarily recommended.

Participation
The following behavior constitutes non-participation: If you do not post for more than 72 consecutive hours. If this is committed, it will qualify as non-participation for the purposes of this game. Consequently, any player who fails to post for 72 hours will have their Participation Score (P-Score) penalized. If at any time you are afraid you cannot fulfill this requirement due to any reason, please PM both hosts immediately explaining your situation. There are no replacements in Turf Wars: Prison Edition. Exceptions will be made for unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstances.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

PLAYER ROSTER
ARRESTED: 17

Prisoner 126993
Prisoner 153930
Prisoner 208986
Prisoner 219747
Prisoner 277058
Prisoner 331347
Prisoner 413022
Prisoner 419713
Prisoner 483934
Prisoner 541395
Prisoner 606386
Prisoner 640326
Prisoner 650829
Prisoner 714386
Prisoner 792787
Prisoner 813142
Prisoner 920077

[center]PAROLED: 2[/center]
Prisoner 509378
Prisoner 740359

[center]DEAD: 4[/center]
Prisoner 379949
Prisoner 513538
Prisoner 888206
Prisoner 980854
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You may notice that you're split into groups of two. Here is your next challenge:

The other group will be asked a series of questions which they will answer. You collectively will bet on what their answers will be. You all start out with 500 coins; you must have at least 750 coins by the end to win. You can bet as much or as little of your 500 coins as you wish, but you cannot bet more than 100 per question.

Here is your first question:

1) Is this group comprised more of Sockface Famiglia or Daisy Crime Syndicate?

You have until Wednesday, March 30th at 2:00AM Eastern to submit your final answer and betting amount to this first question. You may change your current "final answer" and betting amount as many times as you wish up until that time, but not a minute thereafter. The most recent "final answer" and betting amount will be the ones officially submitted. Please mark every "final answer" and betting amount submission as such, or else it will not be counted.

Good luck!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Note also that there is a poll on whom to shank. This is because you failed your last challenge. Please vote for a player to be shanked by end of day.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Saito »

I'm confused we as a group have 500 coins and we must reach 750?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

And only one bet counts?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I voted to shank 219. I don't think they've contributed. If they have, I don't remember.

Also some things to keep in mind, We're not betting on the correct answer, we're betting on the answer they'll pick.

@HOSTS

1. How many questions will there be
2. Will we be told if a bet pays out?
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Ned Flanders »

Poppycock.
Assault
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

With a 100 coin maximum we're going to have to bet big lest we fall short of our goal.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

@ MP

When the question says "this group" do you mean us or is the question referring to the other group? Are they answering in regards to themselves or us? Are we required to answer the question as well as bet on it? This is a very convoluted challenge tbqh.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Also RIH Warden apparently.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Prisoner 277058 wrote:@ MP

When the question says "this group" do you mean us or is the question referring to the other group? Are they answering in regards to themselves or us? Are we required to answer the question as well as bet on it? This is a very convoluted challenge tbqh.
Question is being asked verbatim to the other group, so they're answering with regards to themselves. Good question.

What you're doing is betting an amount and an answer. You don't actually have to provide a separate answer. Hope that makes sense.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Question is being asked verbatim to the other group, so they're answering with regards to themselves. Good question.

What you're doing is betting an amount and an answer. You don't actually have to provide a separate answer. Hope that makes sense.
When you say "as much or as little of your coins as you want but no more than 100 coins" do you really mean "You can only bet a maximum of 100 coins."
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Gunther »

Greetings my fellow irascible inmates. Before we tackle the issue at hand, there is something we need to address. We failed a challenge, providing the Warden with a "win." The Warden getting a "win" makes me angry. When Dr. Evil gets angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset, people DIE! As we work through this challenge, I will be more than willing to post a breakdown from my notes on each player if you actually want to discuss everyone. There are two candidates that I feel are worth eliminating but we can discuss everyone if you wish.

Now then, for the challenge at hand. Is there anyway of finding out a full list of prisoners in our group? Or do we have to rely on prisoners posting to learn who is among us?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Prisoner 277058 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

When you say "as much or as little of your coins as you want but no more than 100 coins" do you really mean "You can only bet a maximum of 100 coins."
Correct. You can bet as little as 0 and as much as 100.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:Greetings my fellow irascible inmates. Before we tackle the issue at hand, there is something we need to address. We failed a challenge, providing the Warden with a "win." The Warden getting a "win" makes me angry. When Dr. Evil gets angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset, people DIE! As we work through this challenge, I will be more than willing to post a breakdown from my notes on each player if you actually want to discuss everyone. There are two candidates that I feel are worth eliminating but we can discuss everyone if you wish.

Now then, for the challenge at hand. Is there anyway of finding out a full list of prisoners in our group? Or do we have to rely on prisoners posting to learn who is among us?
Thank goodness you're in this group.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Prisoner 277058 wrote:I'm confused we as a group have 500 coins and we must reach 750?
Yes.

Prisoner 277058 wrote:And only one bet counts?
Yes.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:Greetings my fellow irascible inmates. Before we tackle the issue at hand, there is something we need to address. We failed a challenge, providing the Warden with a "win." The Warden getting a "win" makes me angry. When Dr. Evil gets angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset, people DIE! As we work through this challenge, I will be more than willing to post a breakdown from my notes on each player if you actually want to discuss everyone. There are two candidates that I feel are worth eliminating but we can discuss everyone if you wish.

I'd be open to hearing your analysis and input on who to shank. As for the challenge, I think its a crapshoot. 50% chance we get the question wrong or right. What matters is we're smart with our money.

I suggest a tried and true method. When you're in a maze, you keep making right turns. Let's stick to either all "A" or all "B" responses, and bet smart.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Ned Flanders »

You know my vote.
Assault
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Spacedaisy »

We have decided to give you a small bit of leniency.

Here is a list of the players that comprise Group 2:

Prisoner 153930
Prisoner 208986
Prisoner 219747
Prisoner 277058
Prisoner 483934
Prisoner 606386
Prisoner 650829
Prisoner 813142

To clarify, the question that you are currently betting on is about which family has more representation in Group 1 only.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

813, I'd rather stick to who its been narrowed down to and why. I really don't have an interest of talking through every person. As for the challenge I'm still assimilating. Maybe the "turn right" thought is valid unless someone thinks they have a better answer. This first one looks like 50/50 to me. I can't think of any way we could get info on whose team is the right answer. I am going to see my relative in just a bit and tomorrow I have to drive home so my time for input is limited. Thats just fyi in case you start wondering where I am.

linki: whoa this isn't what I thought.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Larry David »

If you guys shank me I'll actually be very happy.

Been wanting to break free from this game for ages.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

We have basically a night to figure this out, so I think we ought to just pick Sockface. The bet amount I'm up in the air with,
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Team Sockface 50 coins final answer
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 277058 wrote:

Thank goodness you're in this group.
I'm sorry, I've never been good at detecting sarcasm. Is that what what you are projecting here? Or are you glad to have me and my "notes" available to this group?

Prisoner 208986 wrote:813, I'd rather stick to who its been narrowed down to and why. I really don't have an interest of talking through every person. As for the challenge I'm still assimilating. Maybe the "turn right" thought is valid unless someone thinks they have a better answer. This first one looks like 50/50 to me. I can't think of any way we could get info on whose team is the right answer. I am going to see my relative in just a bit and tomorrow I have to drive home so my time for input is limited. Thats just fyi in case you start wondering where I am.

linki: whoa this isn't what I thought.
So choosing between 219 and 331? That works for me.

Prisoner 153930 wrote:If you guys shank me I'll actually be very happy.

Been wanting to break free from this game for ages.
We'll get to you in time, if we find ourselves on a losing streak. For now, it may be best to eliminate the total absentees. They will prevent us from succeeding in challenges where everyone must contribute.

Prisoner 277058 wrote:Team Sockface 50 coins final answer
Interesting guess. My notes aren't very helpful on the other folks. Our group consists of four original prisoners (Day 2) and five newcomers, all of whom joined our ranks on either Day 5 (our day in the game) or Day 6 (our first day back in the slammer). Based on that, I'd say that we're most likely to be more Sockface than Daisy. But that doesn't help us determine what the other group thinks they are comprised of.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I'm never sarcastic.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Like 4 hours until the guess has to be in are we sure we wanna do it my way?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Why not?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I dunno, I'd just feel more comfortable if there was discussion about it. I'm nervous when I'm in charge.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm going to sleep for a couple hours and then come back to give you the next question. As a reminder, I will take the last answer in the thread as the final answer. At this time you have said the answer that the other group will give is Sockface, but you currently have not registered a bet so even if you are correct you will gain nothing. You must get to $750 in order to pass this challenge. I will be back at 2 am central time.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

so gang is it sockface for $50? I think i saw someone mention $50 in the thread.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

ok i see thats what we've got in the thread as the final answer. Suits me. movingpictures I was just asking the group a question. Looks like 277 has the full answer already in the thread.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Prisoner 277058 wrote:Team Sockface 50 coins final answer

Oh! I missed this post, thank you for drawing that to my attention! You currently have $50 on Sockface. I will be back at 2 am central time, you are free to change your answer and bet up to that point. Good luck!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Group 1 answer: Sockface
Group 2 bet $50 on Sockface
You won $100!
Current total: $550

Question 2: Which current Prisoner would Group 1 most like to parole right now if they could?

You have until 12:00 PM central time to give me your answer and your bet. Good luck!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Well bugger me sideways. On reflex, I think they'd pick good old 813 but I'm not sure. Definitely not 50 coins sure. :P
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Good morning to whoever sees this before the noon deadline.

Group 1 comprises of the following prisoners:
Prisoner 126993 (joined us on Day 7)
Prisoner 331347 (joined us on Day 5)
Prisoner 413022 (an original prisoner)
Prisoner 419713 (joined us on Day 7)
Prisoner 541395 (joined us on Day 8)
Prisoner 640326 (an original prisoner)
Prisoner 714386 (joined us today- Day 9)
Prisoner 792787 (joined us on Day 8)
Prisoner 920077 (an original prisoner)

One thing to consider is just how much the non-original Group 1 prisoners are participating in this challenge. The new prisoner (714386) will not likely have much influence on this answer. Prisoner 331347 has barely participated, so he or she may be a "no-show" as of yet.

Prisoners 126993 and 419713 contributed more than just the bare minimum, so they at least would be slightly more familiar with who is pulling their weight around here. Prisoners 541395 and 792787 were new on Day 8, making it difficult to tell where they are in terms of understanding what we've been through.

Prisoners 413022, 640326, and 920077 are all original prisoners. They've been through it all with us and have all contributed to various degrees across the previous six challenges. I could see them joining together as a decision-making block for this challenge, though I do not know their approximate times for posting activity.

Here is a question to our hosts: Is Group 1 selecting which Group 1 prisoner they would like to parole or is their decision open to Group 2 prisoners as well?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It's open to all prisoners from both groups.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

MovingPictures07 wrote:It's open to all prisoners from both groups.
With this in mind, I am inclined to think that our original prisoners would vouch for my pardon. Prisoner 606386 would certainly come to mind for his efforts in challenges 5 and 6 but I would suspect the original prisoners would be biased in favor of an original prisoner. 920077 proved his mettle the day we were in the game but I'm not sure Group 1 will remember that very well at this point. I think, given my "info dumps" on participation and whatnot, that I might be the first name to come to mind.

I know that 413022 would be an advocate for me and 920077 would probably concede me as the best choice for the purposes of this challenge. Prisoner 640326 seem to have remained on good terms throughout this game as well. I am probably one of the most visible and recognizable original prisoners at this point. Whether they actually would vote for me or not is irrelevant. I suspect that they will want to try to make as easy and obvious an answer for as many of these questions as possible.

Does anyone think there's a chance the non-original prisoners would suddenly participate more and collaborate to select a non-original prisoner out of foolishness, pride, or an attempt to thwart our success in this challenge?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Once a nonparticipant always a nonparticipant.

I think any new fish who are inclined to participate would take the word of experienced prisoners to heart so as not to cause waves.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I'm on my way out the door but i do want to add to this that I think the original prisoners would probably vote for an original prisoner and I agree that prisoner is probably 813. There is a possibility they would vote 606 due to his extraordinary efforts through the night in both posting events but 813 has kept records that have proven helpful (which if you're paroled 813 I expect you to info dump to us before you leave! :) ) as well as participating a lot in the posting challenge. There is probably evidence from our first challenges as well that I just don't remember. So all in all, I'm in agreement with an 813 answer.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Very well. Now we need to discuss our confidence in this answer and turn that into a wager. If it seems obvious to us, then I think a bold full-scale bet may be warranted. After all, why make 50 points when we can earn... 100? *puts pinkie to his mouth*

But if you think it's not a sure thing, we should discuss wager amounts. At the current rate of 6-8 hours for each "Q&A session," we may anticipate somewhere between six and seven questions in total. That means that if we play it safe with 50-point wagers, we could earn a maximum of 300-350 points, assuming we don't get any wrong. Obviously, if/when we reach the 750 point mark we should just bet 0 points from that point on to ensure victory.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Question for our lurking hostess: Does Group 1 know that they can pick from all prisoners and not just their group? Has that been specified to them as it has to us?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:Question for our lurking hostess: Does Group 1 know that they can pick from all prisoners and not just their group? Has that been specified to them as it has to us?
Yes.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Prisoner 813142 wrote:Question for our lurking hostess: Does Group 1 know that they can pick from all prisoners and not just their group? Has that been specified to them as it has to us?
Yes.
Riiight. Well, I asked my question to Spacedaisy because she was lurking. I wasn't expecting Sock-Man to answer. In the words of my brother, "That's not your hostess! It's a man, baby."
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Yes.
Riiight. Well, I asked my question to Spacedaisy because she was lurking. I wasn't expecting Sock-Man to answer. In the words of my brother, "That's not your hostess! It's a man, baby."
:haha:

I had left my window open, sorry about that.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:Very well. Now we need to discuss our confidence in this answer and turn that into a wager. If it seems obvious to us, then I think a bold full-scale bet may be warranted. After all, why make 50 points when we can earn... 100? *puts pinkie to his mouth*

But if you think it's not a sure thing, we should discuss wager amounts. At the current rate of 6-8 hours for each "Q&A session," we may anticipate somewhere between six and seven questions in total. That means that if we play it safe with 50-point wagers, we could earn a maximum of 300-350 points, assuming we don't get any wrong. Obviously, if/when we reach the 750 point mark we should just bet 0 points from that point on to ensure victory.
I guess since we're all in agreement, 100 coins is a fine wager. But the thing is we don't know if THEY are all in agreement. I suppose it is better to bet big early rather than late. So that's fine by me.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Prisoner 813 100 coins final answer.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I think this was a reasonably wise decision, 277. This feels like it could be the closest to a "gimme" that we could possibly get.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

@Hosts - If the other prisoners fail to submit an answer does that count as a loss of 0 coins?

Return to “Turf Wars Prison Yard”