Lastly, I want to say...

GO TEAM SOCKFACE! :yay: :dance: :drums:

That is all.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 6

Re: [DAY 3] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Boomslang »

Hey everybody, jumping in at short notice and not knowing particularly what I'm getting myself into. Will try to reach and understanding of Enrique, but there's no way in hell I'm wading through 2350 posts today. Or ever, for that matter :P
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DrWilgy »

Can I have a replacement?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote:Can I have a replacement?
No. :mafia:
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DrWilgy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Can I have a replacement?
No. :mafia:
:fist:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 580

Post by Golden »

Diiny could replace in for Wilgy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

No one could ever replace Wilgy, he's too unique. :solitary:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boomslang wrote:Hey everybody, jumping in at short notice and not knowing particularly what I'm getting myself into. Will try to reach and understanding of Enrique, but there's no way in hell I'm wading through 2350 posts today. Or ever, for that matter :P
That's ok. It's only the most recent 2200 posts that matter.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Matt »

Boomslang wrote:Hey everybody, jumping in at short notice and not knowing particularly what I'm getting myself into. Will try to reach and understanding of Enrique, but there's no way in hell I'm wading through 2350 posts today. Or ever, for that matter :P
Boomslang, how do you feel about Long Con? :biggrin:

@Golden - As Matt 2.0, I have no idea what you're talking about. Feel free to read the role descriptions if you have any other questions.
Image Image Image Image
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84

Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Black Rock »

Nerolunar wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I have finally finished reading. Jesus.

Taking the Lords name in vain, you should be lynched just for this. :srsnod:
sig wrote:Wow why Fuzz this makes no sense I think this is a baddie driven CFD to save a teammate, notice almost the same people are up for lynches today as yesterday? I stand by my theory that one was mafia and that we had some minor save last phase, I think we are seeing a much bigger save attempt this phase. With a mafia team thhis big a CFD is easy to pull off I think this is scum driven to save one of the three leading people. Most likely Ike or Epi.

Can someone give me any reason for the Fuzz lynch?

I also really dislike DDL switch and his reasons. I actually am agreeing with Llama about him what about a Dragon lycnh?

linki: DDL and Golden are my top two scum reads, either Ike or Epi are there partners. Possibly Wilgy as well.
While the "Wow why Fuzz this makes no sense" is the obvious thing people will take from this post, don't overlook that sig names five people- with thirty-three minutes in the lynch to go. We used to call that "throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks" back in the day. In addition, sig starts "agreeing" with llama about DDL.

sig, do you still agree with thellama73 about DDL? Why or why not?

I've still got a slight scum read on DDL mainly for Llama's points.I also didn't like his reasoning for switching wagons. I did name multiply people yes with good reasoning imo. I saw yesterday as an attempt to save Ika, Golden seemed scummy. I had already said one of the leading wagons was mafia that would have been Ika or you. Wilgy for reasons stated earlier. What is wrong with making multiply reads? I wasn't trying to redirect the CFD
sig wrote:I also find it very odd Golden doesn't want to lynch Ike a new player but suggested a CFD onto Serge another new player?
This isn't a big deal, but ika isn't a new player, and sig should know that.

This game was played eight months ago I didn't recall playing with Ika. This seems like a desperate attempt to try and refocus the discussion onto me.
sig wrote:The fact that the Gleam wagon exploded at the beginning of the phase with almost no explanation to being gone and another wagon popping up ijust as fast is insane. I bet Fuzz will flip civ, you'll attempt to lead a Gleam lynch tomorrow and they will flip civ. I know firmly believe one of the other two front runners is a cop.
This post oozes with desperation and fear-mongering. I wish I could see what the vote tallies looked like at the time of this post. I don't understand sig's thought process, but if sig is bad, I would argue that agleaminranks is good, because sig would know Fuzz wouldn't flip civilian.

Can you explain this I don't understand? I said if Fuzz flips civ then Gleam would be wagoned tomorrow and would the be civ. My thought process was simply. We had so many people vote Gleam for no good reason, his wagon exploded. Then it lost all its votes and was replaced by Fuzz. Could you explain your theory about Gleam being good if I'm bad?

I'm not going to go through all of sig's posts that are all railing against the wave of votes that came in out of nowhere for Fuzz. Here's my question: Is there a precedent for sig urging desperately against someone's lynch in the early stage of a game?

Sometimes I will, I recently did this more or less in Llama's game and it got me lynched. II think it has happened a few times, the reason I was so vocal this game was because I believed we where being redirected and pushed by the mafia.
Golden wrote: I stand up for sig when he is town, all the time. You know this about me. Everyone does. I'm pretty good at seeing sig slips and seeing the reasons people are after him are dumb.

He made no slip here. He didn't post a word that was misinterpreted. People weren't taking him the wrong way. No - he opposed the CFD, and voted to break the tie and save Fuzz.

I do not believe this sig is town for a second.
Yep. I want to say I've even defended sig when he was bad and I wasn't.

That is true, however you also voted agaisnt me in The Syndicate game, when I voted with the last mafia player when I was indeed a civ. So I'd say you have defended me, but also voted agaisnt me when I made voting errors in the past.
++++

If I'm popped tonight, my top three are sig, Quin, and Nerolunar.
I'm not making a desperate attempt to refocus the discussion onto you. "Refocusing" assumes that the focus has gone away from you. It hasn't. You have two votes out of the gate. You desperately attempted to refocus discussion away from Fuzz. That is why you are the focus now.

My reasoning about gleam being good hinges on you being bad. If you are bad, I would argue that gleam is good. If you are a cop, then you knew Fuzz would not show up good, and you used gleam as a reason people shouldn't vote Fuzz. It's convoluted and based on assumptions about what people would do, which sounds like you were clutching at straws.
Nerolunar wrote:@ Epignosis

What exactly is your case against me? I only remember you mentioning me steering the thread earlier which you didn´t follow up on, but does it go beyond that? Explain to me why you find me suspicious.
I don't have a case against you. Yet. :mafia:

So we've had a night phase. What fresh information do we have? Do you still want to lynch me?
Hm, Im not sure. You seem more civ now than before, but your weird behavior with avoiding wagons and such are still questionable. As for information, I don´t see any clear connection between the Wilgy kill and anyone.

I wish Black Rock and Llama would post more. They have been laying low for a while.

Im not opposed to a Quin lynch. Im happy you guys pointed out her weird behavior at EoD2. I didn´t notice that when I read through it.

@ DDL Can you point a finger at something that makes my post give off a weird vibe? I will try to answer as well as possible
I'm catching up.

Well I'm here, I don't agree with a Golden lynch. I don't think he's a cop, unless he's completely fooled me. So I think you guys should stop voting for him. It makes me suspect you.
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Black Rock wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:

sig wrote:Wow why Fuzz this makes no sense I think this is a baddie driven CFD to save a teammate, notice almost the same people are up for lynches today as yesterday? I stand by my theory that one was mafia and that we had some minor save last phase, I think we are seeing a much bigger save attempt this phase. With a mafia team thhis big a CFD is easy to pull off I think this is scum driven to save one of the three leading people. Most likely Ike or Epi.

I also really dislike DDL switch and his reasons. I actually am agreeing with Llama about him what about a Dragon lycnh?

linki: DDL and Golden are my top two scum reads, either Ike or Epi are there partners. Possibly Wilgy as well.
While the "Wow why Fuzz this makes no sense" is the obvious thing people will take from this post, don't overlook that sig names five people- with thirty-three minutes in the lynch to go. We used to call that "throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks" back in the day. In addition, sig starts "agreeing" with llama about DDL.

I've still got a slight scum read on DDL mainly for Llama's points.I also didn't like his reasoning for switching wagons. I did name multiply people yes with good reasoning imo. I saw yesterday as an attempt to save Ika, Golden seemed scummy. I had already said one of the leading wagons was mafia that would have been Ika or you. Wilgy for reasons stated earlier. What is wrong with making multiply reads? I wasn't trying to redirect the CFD
sig wrote:I also find it very odd Golden doesn't want to lynch Ike a new player but suggested a CFD onto Serge another new player?

This game was played eight months ago I didn't recall playing with Ika. This seems like a desperate attempt to try and refocus the discussion onto me.
sig wrote:The fact that the Gleam wagon exploded at the beginning of the phase with almost no explanation to being gone and another wagon popping up ijust as fast is insane. I bet Fuzz will flip civ, you'll attempt to lead a Gleam lynch tomorrow and they will flip civ. I know firmly believe one of the other two front runners is a cop.
This post oozes with desperation and fear-mongering. I wish I could see what the vote tallies looked like at the time of this post. I don't understand sig's thought process, but if sig is bad, I would argue that agleaminranks is good, because sig would know Fuzz wouldn't flip civilian.

Can you explain this I don't understand? I said if Fuzz flips civ then Gleam would be wagoned tomorrow and would the be civ. My thought process was simply. We had so many people vote Gleam for no good reason, his wagon exploded. Then it lost all its votes and was replaced by Fuzz. Could you explain your theory about Gleam being good if I'm bad?

I'm not going to go through all of sig's posts that are all railing against the wave of votes that came in out of nowhere for Fuzz. Here's my question: Is there a precedent for sig urging desperately against someone's lynch in the early stage of a game?

Sometimes I will, I recently did this more or less in Llama's game and it got me lynched. II think it has happened a few times, the reason I was so vocal this game was because I believed we where being redirected and pushed by the mafia.
Golden wrote: I stand up for sig when he is town, all the time. You know this about me. Everyone does. I'm pretty good at seeing sig slips and seeing the reasons people are after him are dumb.

He made no slip here. He didn't post a word that was misinterpreted. People weren't taking him the wrong way. No - he opposed the CFD, and voted to break the tie and save Fuzz.

That is true, however you also voted agaisnt me in The Syndicate game, when I voted with the last mafia player when I was indeed a civ. So I'd say you have defended me, but also voted agaisnt me when I made voting errors in the past.
++++

I'm not making a desperate attempt to refocus the discussion onto you. "Refocusing" assumes that the focus has gone away from you. It hasn't. You have two votes out of the gate. You desperately attempted to refocus discussion away from Fuzz. That is why you are the focus now.

My reasoning about gleam being good hinges on you being bad. If you are bad, I would argue that gleam is good. If you are a cop, then you knew Fuzz would not show up good, and you used gleam as a reason people shouldn't vote Fuzz. It's convoluted and based on assumptions about what people would do, which sounds like you were clutching at straws.

What exactly is your case against me? I only remember you mentioning me steering the thread earlier which you didn´t follow up on, but does it go beyond that? Explain to me why you find me suspicious.

So we've had a night phase. What fresh information do we have? Do you still want to lynch me?
Hm, Im not sure. You seem more civ now than before, but your weird behavior with avoiding wagons and such are still questionable. As for information, I don´t see any clear connection between the Wilgy kill and anyone.

I wish Black Rock and Llama would post more. They have been laying low for a while.

Im not opposed to a Quin lynch. Im happy you guys pointed out her weird behavior at EoD2. I didn´t notice that when I read through it.

@ DDL Can you point a finger at something that makes my post give off a weird vibe? I will try to answer as well as possible
I'm catching up.

Well I'm here, I don't agree with a Golden lynch. I don't think he's a cop, unless he's completely fooled me. So I think you guys should stop voting for him. It makes me suspect you.
Why do you think he is not a cop?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

sig wrote:I find people who justify a lynch by saying we will get info is generally bad.
Golden wrote:@sliverwolf - I'm not pushing easy lynches. LC might be easy, but I'm against lynching him. Whats more, look how friggin hard it is even with me being as loud as I am, I'm still just as on the block.

I'm pushing common sense. Sig IS bad. There is just no doubt at all about that. He is 100% a cop. He made it incredibly, blatantly obvious during the cfd. I have no sympathy and no compunction in taking people down who are bad, and for all the talk of 'being careful', in the case of sig I just don't need to be careful. He's bad. It doesn't need any great analysis to demonstrate. Just read his posts and see his vote around end of day.

PS - if I was bad setting up a run of easy lynches this early in the game, it be guaranteed to backfire on me. Heck, it would probably backfire on me if I was wrong even once, especially given the amount of suspicion I've taken.

You'll never see mafia golden play like I'm playing this game. This is me in full supatown mode. I'm not sure I've been able to do this in years, but boy is it fun..

I'm not bad, I've never ever seen a CFD succeed, usually they are done by mafia to save teammates. I am town and was arguing against what I saw as a bad lynch. I'd had throughout the day expressed displeasure at the gleam wagon which just appeared imo with weak reasoning.

I also agree with Silver about her point on Golden. I do still believe he is mafia, however I'm less confident on Epi being scum.
What's a CFD boys?
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Quin wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:

++++

I'm catching up.

Why do you think he is not a cop?
His posts. Seems like civ Golden for sure. One of his opinions, I think, would be different if he was a baddie and wanted to push an easy lynch.
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Catching up.

[quote=Sloonei]I don't know who Fuzz is quoting here, but whoever it is gets a slight town ping from me. I'm not sure how to feel about his interactions with Turnip Head down the stretch yesterday. Fuzz kept telling him to vote for him. I interpreted this at the time as Fuzz feeling comfortable that he wasn't going to be lynched, so if someone didn't know where to put their vote, they could just throw it away on him. I'm not sure what to make of this strategy, but I am still slightly inclined to feel like that's what he was doing.[/quote]

ME! ME!

Thanks for the slight town ping. I'm always pleased to serve.

(seriously though, that ISO is awesome. Good job.)

Back to catching up.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Matt »

Silverwolf, how do you feel about sig?

ika, how do you feel about Golden?

I'm gonna follow Epi and Sloonei on Quin for now, but keep in mind this is just a temp vote (perhaps) until I can catch up after work tonight.
Image Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

CFD = Chinese Fire Drill. You flood the thread with lots of talk and chaos and redirect the lynch onto someone completely unexpected. In every game until this one I've played either an egotistical civ started one and caused a mislynch or the mafia floods the thread with chaos and emotion causing people to focus away from their teammate. For example, in a recent game I was pegged as mafia from day 1 but, myself and one of my teammates were able to CFD and stop me from getting lynched for two additionally phases. This was done by painting a lurker to be scummy and then posting the same thing over and over until people switched. So that is what I feared was happening with yesterdays lynch.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

That post was at Black Rock.
ImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

Golden wrote:Also I would say it is also blatantly obvious why Matt has completely changed his view on me.
Right, it has to do with how he replaced in and I kind of feel like it compromises the integrity of the game somewhat with the way he was so suspicious of you and suddenly is certain he was wrong.

I'm gonna assume this is a town thing and figure out where to move my vote as soon as I can.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote:This post looks better. He's no longer defending Fuzz.

I also think his subsequent explanations after the lynch, here and here read as much more convincing and believable responses than any of Quin's. I'm still feeling a bit uneasy about gleam, but he's not presently in my top tier of suspects.
Arguably opposing the lynch for a while then being okay when Fuzz already has a bandwagon on his back reeks to me as classic bussing. Specially when he didn't even vote for him.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Reading on the end of the day 2.

Is it just me or this post was typed really fast? Look at the typing errors.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

I also think his subsequent explanations after the lynch, here and here read as much more convincing and believable responses than any of Quin's. I'm still feeling a bit uneasy about gleam, but he's not presently in my top tier of suspects.
Arguably opposing the lynch for a while then being okay when Fuzz already has a bandwagon on his back reeks to me as classic bussing. Specially when he didn't even vote for him.
Is this not what you did? Except you did vote for him :P
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

sig wrote:CFD = Chinese Fire Drill. You flood the thread with lots of talk and chaos and redirect the lynch onto someone completely unexpected. In every game until this one I've played either an egotistical civ started one and caused a mislynch or the mafia floods the thread with chaos and emotion causing people to focus away from their teammate. For example, in a recent game I was pegged as mafia from day 1 but, myself and one of my teammates were able to CFD and stop me from getting lynched for two additionally phases. This was done by painting a lurker to be scummy and then posting the same thing over and over until people switched. So that is what I feared was happening with yesterdays lynch.
Thank you.
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Reading on the end of the day 2.

Is it just me or this post was typed really fast? Look at the typing errors.
I don't see how this matters. There was like 30 minutes left in the day when the CFD got rolling so naturally he would feel rushed to say what he needed to.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Golden wrote:Also I would say it is also blatantly obvious why Matt has completely changed his view on me.
He's a cop?
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

sig wrote:Thanks for saying I should be lynched, why not make a case why you shouldn't be? Also if I said his name wrong sorry not really a big deal when speed typing no need to get huffy about it

And know They are saying since I'm going agaisnt the Fuzz lynched I should be lynched next before he even flips classic scum techinicque to try and get someone to shut up and stop talking in fear of getting lynched and I very much don't appreciate Ika using such underhanded tactics if he is civ

@DDL quote your reasoning please

Linki: I dislike the speed of this wagon I dislike how quicly everyone jumped on it, I dislike both Silver's and Ikas posts. The lack of good reasoning and the fact no one ever voiced anything about fuzz until know.
Again here. Right after ika calls him bad. He types this really fast.

Notice how this isn't a regular thing, Sig is perfectly capable of writing better constructed post in other situations.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Turnip Head wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

Is this not what you did? Except you did vote for him :P
I never opposed a lynch of Fuzz. I was one of the first people to suspect him in the game, I started a lynch on him and switched back to gleam when nobody wanted too.

I opposed the CFD. Heck, I still do, I think it's russian roulette at best. But once the CFD directed the lynch from one of my top 2 suspects to the other one, I went along. it was that or ika, and I didn't want to lynch ika.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote:I don't see how this matters. There was like 30 minutes left in the day when the CFD got rolling so naturally he would feel rushed to say what he needed to.
Why was he rushed? It shows he was possibly emotionally distressed at what was going on. It's possible for the day to be almost over and for one not to be distressed, and just take the time to say whatever needs to be said. 30 minutes is a lot.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Black Rock wrote:
He's a cop?
:suspish:
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
He's a cop?
:suspish:
You are no fun.

Are you a cop? I hear cops are no fun.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

XD

Black Rock do you have any thoughts on Scotty?
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:XD

No.

He's less of a force this game but I don't know if he'd act like that as a baddie. I feel the same way about you.

I guess that was thoughts.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

No on ever asks me how I feel about Scotty :noble:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Scotty wrote:

Scotty how do you feel about Scotty?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sig.

Here is the drill. i'm not fully convinced at my Golden suspicion. While I believe it's very possible that Golden could be bussing (I always assume there is no limit to what baddie Golden can do), and while his draconian approach to the lynch result is stupid at best and opportunistic at worse, I'm finding it hard to justify how he is actually bad in this game. The fact he could be doesn't mean he is. As such, I'm willing to give him more time.

Also I don't like how fast the Golden wagon grew. I was expecting more resistance when I was writing that post. There was resiatance, but the people being attacked by Golden and Sloonei jumped on the OMGUS train too fast for my tastes. SW is a civ read of mine, but Quin is a neutral one. And Sig has been also saying Golden is bad without actually voting for him.

Also upon reading the day 2 end more care, I can see a tone of despair in Sig's reaction to the lynch. He seemed on the fence about the CFD, until it targeted Fuzz and he freaked out. I can buy the case on him being bad.

Plus, it gives me the perfect chance to get a better read on Golden. If Sig flips bad, I'm willing to read him as civ. If he flips civ... I'll think about it.

As for the other main suspects, Quin has some bad pings here and there with some OMGUS posts, but I don't think his EoD2 looked really bad. Enrique's looked worst, but I'm skeptical of suspecting players who weren't able to keep enough focus in the game, to the point Enrique was even asking to be lynched at some point. I'll give booms time to prove himself.

Still need to read LC.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Heck, I still do, I think it's russian roulette at best.
I don't understand, especially if you are town, why you keep saying this. It is russian roulette at worst. At best, it's an opportunity to get half the baddie team to out themselves. If you pick the right target and move from a whole lot of town wagons to a baddie one with nearly no time left, it is one of the most extraordinarily effective and reliable strategies that exists. Even if you pick the wrong target, you might be able to learn a lot from who jumped, especially if it turns out one of the prior wagons that existed was actually on a baddie.

I can't think of many tactics that have as much opportunity to create as much information.

PS I don't think anyone has asked me how I feel about Scotty but I feel good about Scotty.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Scotty wrote:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:
I don't understand, especially if you are town, why you keep saying this. It is russian roulette at worst. At best, it's an opportunity to get half the baddie team to out themselves. If you pick the right target and move from a whole lot of town wagons to a baddie one with nearly no time left, it is one of the most extraordinarily effective and reliable strategies that exists. Even if you pick the wrong target, you might be able to learn a lot from who jumped, especially if it turns out one of the prior wagons that existed was actually on a baddie.

I can't think of many tactics that have as much opportunity to create as much information.

PS I don't think anyone has asked me how I feel about Scotty but I feel good about Scotty.
Assuming half of the baddie thing is incapable of quick thinking.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Quin wrote:I don't see how this matters. There was like 30 minutes left in the day when the CFD got rolling so naturally he would feel rushed to say what he needed to.
Why was he rushed? It shows he was possibly emotionally distressed at what was going on. It's possible for the day to be almost over and for one not to be distressed, and just take the time to say whatever needs to be said. 30 minutes is a lot.
Emotionally distressed does not equal scum imo. If he legitimately did not agree with lynching Fuzz I can see why he would feel rushed, and he's already explained his feelings towards CFD's in general, which I think aids his case. 30 minutes is nothing in the grand scheme of things. If he wanted to dissolve the Fuzz bandwagon he would need a lot more than 30 minutes to do it.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

*team
chaindeath
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 80

Post by chaindeath »

Nerolunar, chaindeath supposes he should thank you. He has looked back through some of the posts where he was mentioned and involved and has gotten some reads. Quite honestly he finds you quite suspect. You claim that he has only posted defensively however, he's tried to figure things out through postings to no avail. He finds it quite interesting that you restated things that he, although perhaps not as explicitly as he should have, days after the fact.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:49 pm
chaindeath wrote:
ika wrote:yawn can we lynch this now?
This statement makes chaindeath uncomfortable. :eye:
Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:42 am
Nerolunar wrote:Im still reading Ika as bad. I understand that we are unfamilliar with his playstyle, but I just can´t get around how it looks. Recently he has only posted pictures without words, not really been providing thoughts or reads and previously he would say stuff like "Just lynch this already". It doesn´t look to me like he is really trying. What townstyle exhibits that?

I guess he is working and doesn´t have time to respond properly, but if he doesn´t do it soon I will be voting for him.
Maybe it's a piggy back but to him it seems like a Pingy-back (He tried)

He would also like to state that his initial entry into the game was in a defensive stance since people had voted for chaindeath. Apparently to you, he thinks, not physically having the time to participate is a baddie thing to do. He was out of town with family and to that point he felt his early vote on LC was justified but he didn't want to dwell too long on it. He feels bad saying it but it was more like a "throwaway vote".

Chaindeath would like to conclude with light amount of pingy-ness coming from Scotty also, any interaction with him seems to have been not the friendliest.

D&D night got moved up a day, so he will likely not be on until late or even tomorrow morning
With enough bullets, you can solve anything.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:While I believe it's very possible that Golden could be bussing (I always assume there is no limit to what baddie Golden can do), and while his draconian approach to the lynch result is stupid at best and opportunistic at worse,

Also upon reading the day 2 end more care, I can see a tone of despair in Sig's reaction to the lynch. He seemed on the fence about the CFD, until it targeted Fuzz and he freaked out. I can buy the case on him being bad.
Just pointing out these two things.

You call my approach stupid or draconian (please apologise to Draconus!) but then you actually read sig at end of day.

I've said all along my choice of sig is BECAUSE OF HIS BEHAVIOUR AT THE END OF THE DAY. Not because 'everyone who defended fuzz or voted ika is bad'. I've kept pointing out how I'm also saying some people who did that I do NOT read as bad.

So what is the approach that is so stupid and draconian? Or is it just because you refuse to accept that I could have noticed sig's behaviour sufficiently the first time around that I don't need to read it again?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'll never accept the existance of a failproof method to finding mafia.

I think seeing each players reactions to the lynch is valuable. Labeling them as bad just because they opposed it is not. I need more details than that. Actual posts, actual reading of their intents, observing their thought proccesses.

Sig looks bad for the tone of his posts. Quin doesn't look bad because I see where he was coming from. I'm actualy trying to understand how each one of them was thinking.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:

I don't think you're going to win anyone over :P You're beating a dead horse.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

A question for everyone:

Say I am lynched today. In this scenario, who would you all then begin to look at? Who would you read as scum? Who would you read as civ? This is all under the hypothesis that I am civ, which I am.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I'll never accept the existance of a failproof method to finding mafia.
It isn't failproof.

I'm not right because there are a set of objective facts to give you a solution.

You just aren't comfortable with the idea I can get several gut reads out of an end day phase and believe I'm right about all of them.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dude you said, and I quote: "you damn well sure this is black and white".

If that is not draconian I'm not sure what it is.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:

I don't think you're going to win anyone over :P You're beating a dead horse.
Depends how many of my reads end up being right, eh?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm gonna stop this discussion before someone has to call the hosts/MoD to stop it, because it's starting to look like the case.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I'll never accept the existance of a failproof method to finding mafia.

I think seeing each players reactions to the lynch is valuable. Labeling them as bad just because they opposed it is not. I need more details than that. Actual posts, actual reading of their intents, observing their thought proccesses.

Sig looks bad for the tone of his posts. Quin doesn't look bad because I see where he was coming from. I'm actualy trying to understand how each one of them was thinking.
I disagree that sig's tone makes him look bad. He looks like normal opinionated sig. Look at his posts from the perspective that he's town and that he thought someone was being saved. Is there any inconsistency there? He just happened to be wrong about the result.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

OK, loook, DDL - at the end of the game, if any of the list of six civilians I said were 'black and white civs' are not, I've already said I will eat a camel.

For me, it's black and white. It's not an approach. You've taken it that way. You've taken it as me saying 'no-one would bus', which I've never said. For me, every single read I've made has come from the conduct of the individual players concerned, not from some kind of 'approach'.

Return to “Previous Jobs”