30%

Total votes: 20
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 140

Re: [DAY 4] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by thellama73 »

Dragon D. Luffy

I promise I'll catch up and be a good little participant tomorrow, guys. Exhausting weekend.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

thellama73 wrote:Dragon D. Luffy

I promise I'll catch up and be a good little participant tomorrow, guys. Exhausting weekend.
How are you still alive?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 580

Post by Golden »

Silverwolf wrote:Draconus is not a bad vote. Replaced in, hasn't posted.
But one thing in his favour is that Mongoose felt fairly townie to me while she was here.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I mean, not to dismiss your real life business, but that's some hardcore tunneling you're doing.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

ika wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:ika-What are your reads?

Specifically Soneji and sig-your thoughts?
both tof them are scum reads. i havent sorted too many cus there has been a lot fo inactivity but i do agree with the idea that there is porbally scum in the lurk fest

sig
OK can you elaborate on why?
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

thellama73 wrote:Dragon D. Luffy

I'm gonna hold you to this. I don't think you've done anything but vote for DDL and then vanish all game. You need to do things here or be lynched.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Golden wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Draconus is not a bad vote. Replaced in, hasn't posted.
But one thing in his favour is that Mongoose felt fairly townie to me while she was here.
Agree with that but neither of the replacements-mongoose or Enrique have done much and right now I'm inactive hunting because I'm sure there's scum in there somewhere.
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:
ika wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:ika-What are your reads?

Specifically Soneji and sig-your thoughts?
both tof them are scum reads. i havent sorted too many cus there has been a lot fo inactivity but i do agree with the idea that there is porbally scum in the lurk fest

sig
OK can you elaborate on why?
sure, sig was the one who hard defended the lynahc on fuzz. i do have some reservations after your say on "well he was wrong town" but right now it seems to be a circular dicussion about sig being scum or not. at this point my eyes are staritng to glaze over for the back and forth of it that went on and rather sort it now

soneji is self explaintory by the reaosn put in there, hes been a non-entity like many ohter (chain, rock and others im porb forgeting)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

sig wrote:I forgot about Serge, his vote does look bad in hindsight, however when he made it I didn't find it that odd. I'd be willing to vote for him tomorrow maybe.
If Sig flips bad we can add this to our collective scum lists.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

@Sig

Could you explain the thought process behind the following sequence of posts?
sig wrote:I've got a good gut vibe of LC so far, Zebra seems really quite which is weird. :eye:
sig wrote:Quin (5), Nerolunar (6), agleaminranks (11), Soneji (12), Serge (14),RadicalFuzz (16), Enrique (23), Long Con (28), sig (29)

The most suspicious here is LC.
sig wrote:Zebra and LC are slight civ leans.
sig wrote:LC is mafia imo as is Golden.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Re: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by sig »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:@Sig

Could you explain the thought process behind the following sequence of posts?
sig wrote:I've got a good gut vibe of LC so far, Zebra seems really quite which is weird. :eye:
sig wrote:Quin (5), Nerolunar (6), agleaminranks (11), Soneji (12), Serge (14),RadicalFuzz (16), Enrique (23), Long Con (28), sig (29)

The most suspicious here is LC.
sig wrote:Zebra and LC are slight civ leans.
sig wrote:LC is mafia imo as is Golden.
I had a good gut read at LC in the beginning (turns out I was right lol) Zebra being quite was weird :eye:

Out of the Ika voters he seemed like the worst.

I changed my mind it seems and decided he was a slight civ read.

I changed my mind since I though Golden + LC was on a team and LC tried to save Fuzz his teammate. Guess I was wrong. :shrug: But , I'm usually right about him.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by sig »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
sig wrote:I forgot about Serge, his vote does look bad in hindsight, however when he made it I didn't find it that odd. I'd be willing to vote for him tomorrow maybe.
If Sig flips bad we can add this to our collective scum lists.

If I flip bad you'd have the whole mafia team it seems, the only issue here is that I'm not a mafia member. :sigh:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also this wagon on TH is ridicules! One on Sloonie would be better he is obvious scum imo.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I could believe Ike's slip was real. I think they happen less frequently then people make them out to be, but that they do happen.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Ika's*

I've got no idea why I want to spell his name that way.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sig has basically now devolved into 'anyone who suspects me is bad, anyone who defends me is good'.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Golden wrote:Sig has basically now devolved into 'anyone who suspects me is bad, anyone who defends me is good'.
No not true, I do think both zebra and TH are good yes. However, I don't believe all my voters are bad. I brought up what MAtt said re Ika that is all.
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 384

Post by indiglo »

I am catching up! :workit:

@ SVS - I hope your life settles down for you, and that you are ok. :hugs:

@ ika - Image :p

Re: Sig lynch, etc.

I have gone around and around with this in my head. I have gone into full blown "he is clearly scum" mode, all the way to "he can't be scum it's too obvious" paranoia and back. The bottom line for me, and I know it's been said before, but I didn't quote the posts to "ditto" so I have to type my own words (shock and horror!!!) - Bottom line, I don't feel comfortable with him. Unless something happens so clear and obvious to prove he's civ... I am just not comfortable with him. I hate that, especially if I'm wrong about him being scum. That's the one thing I keep coming back to. And, I feel like I'm wasting brain space spinning it around and around. I feel like I can't really get past it, and move on to someone or something else. Is that tunneling? I don't know, I don't think so, but I don't know. I feel like it's just going nag at me in the back of my brain until I know for sure.

@ SW - I like your idea to look at less active players. I think it's obvious there is scum in that bunch. I'm not sure I can look past sig first to get there though, if that makes sense.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Forgot to post my vote before I ran off to catch up on R&B. I voted sig.

Still nothing personal sig. :bighug:

Look at this... no linki to be seen for miles! :noble: The thread is mine! :omg:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

indiglo wrote:Forgot to post my vote before I ran off to catch up on R&B. I voted sig.

Still nothing personal sig. :bighug:

Look at this... no linki to be seen for miles! :noble: The thread is mine! :omg:
Don't get all sith lord on us.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

At this point I am tunneling at sig. I'm so sure he's bad that I can't look past it. Can we lynch him?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

I currently have 136 smileys in my album on PB. :grin: No, I don't have a problem. What are you talking about? :shrug2:

Hello chaindeath! How is chaindeath feeling today? What is chaindeath thinking of the sig discussion so far?

Sneaky Sloon. Hitting me with linki~

XOXO Epi Girl
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote:At this point I am tunneling at sig. I'm so sure he's bad that I can't look past it. Can we lynch him?
Edit by way of post
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Matt »

Gonna vote dat ika for his slippy slip slip.

Also, *sadface*, Marmot moved his vote off of me before we could spar. :(

SVS - You never replied to my reply about derp. I figured you'd totally come at me hard for not even really responding to you, but nothin'. Cool beans. What do you think of ika?

Golden - Lulz no info, m'man. Just using my intellect to it's fullest. So that probably means you really are bad. :meany:

Just ISO'd Fuzzy. Does anyone think it's possible he broke the tie and voted for ika because ika was his teammate, and he thought by voting that way, he'd gain some pretty swell cred? I wish Wilgy was around so he could tell us if Fuzz busses his teammates often or no.
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:I mean, I could back off easily enough. I could go 'hey, lots of people are defending sig... maybe they are doing it for good reason'

But will the paranoia go away? No... I'll just keep coming back to sig over and over.

@silverwolf - yeah, that middle sentence there is saying what I'm trying to express.

@TH - if they are 'loving a sig detour' so much, surely he just would have been a really easy lynch on day 3? Why is it such a hard fight to lynch someone who looks so objectively bad? Doesn't that speak to opposition from within btsc to you? I mean, I'll admit not all btsc here is bad, though.
A civ got lynched Day 3 so I don't understand your points :shrug: If sig is good, the baddies got the day off.

Right a civ got lynched instead of Sig who got more votes.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Matt I will go look for it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: [NIGHT 3] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by S~V~S »

Matt wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:True slips like that are rare. I have trouble seeing scum come in and comment on their failed night kill. If I was gonna suspect ika, it wouldn't be for that.
Yeah, people around here are always mislynching people for "slips".

Hey Matt, I have a theory that you say "derp" more often when you are bad. What do you think of that?
Derp.

Also, not sure about Wilgy, but I recall Mac and I laughing about our multiple slips in GoC. Slips do happen.

ika, explain to me how you know Sloonei was the failed NK arrest. Thanks! And please don't say you're only "assuming", it's obvious from your post that you knew he was the failed arrest. :beer:

#goldendoesnthavebaddiebtsclulz
Yeah slips do happen, but not the mega slips we always lynch people for, IMO. I can think of maybe 3 or 4 in 7 years :shrug:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Changing to Sig. I'm convinced to lynch him, and his flip will teach us more about other people's (including TH) alignments than otherwise.
Serge
The Mark
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Serge »

I'm here to fulfill my promise to SVS regarding the CFD of day 2.

Luffy and sig looked pretty bad after the flip but I think the latter is more reminiscent of of a skeptical townie imploring for everyone to stop and think about what they're doing. Even though Fuzz flipped scum, I felt like his intent wasn't misguided. Luffy on the other hand posted that bit where he basically said it was prime time for scum to save their friends, when in reality something like the CFD doesn't usually happen, and if they do, they're probably not initiated by scum.

Which brings us to Golden. Even though Turnip Head Was the first person to voice the CFD, I think Golden is the instigator. His prime candidates were Matt and Wilgy but SVS presented a case against Fuzz and he went with that, but not immediately I feel.

I don't like ika's posts where he posted let's lynch you next(I think directed at sig and Epignosis). As for Silverwolf, she first stated that she didn't think the CFD was a good idea but she jumped in anyway, even appearing to be so sure that Fuzz was scum when Fuzz appeared to try and dig himself out of the hole.

Epignosis looked like a fence-sitter along with Sloonei, but Sloonei eventually voted for Fuzz. Also, I seem to recall Sloonei went out for a bit and came back surprised with the Fuzz bandwagon.

Turnip Head's most memorable role in all this are his emoticons and one-worded replies which were to me hilarious.

I still honestly can't figure out zebra, Enrique seems to be content on calling everyone a cop(Sloonei, then me after the flip)

That's how I interpreted the last hour of the 2nd day. Haven't caught up with the rest of you, I will try tomorrow.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Silverwolf was actually the first one to point out Fuzz' Baddie McBadderson post. And totally based on the pure civ joy I felt radiating from Golden, I will eat my hat, hell, I will even eat your hat sight unseen, if Golden is bad. That boy was glowing during that lynch, and in the immediate aftermath.

You can fake it all day long, but you can't fake the glow.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Seems there will be people eating some weird meals depending on how this game goes.]

First a camel, now a hat.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Changing to Sig. I'm convinced to lynch him, and his flip will teach us more about other people's (including TH) alignments than otherwise.
I dislike it when people make this kind of argument. Sig's flip will teach you nothing about my alignment because I'm town. This is why I don't like lynching people "for information" :disappoint: I realize that's not the only reason you're voting for him but you're acting like it will lead to actionable info on me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Seems there will be people eating some weird meals depending on how this game goes.]

First a camel, now a hat.
At least no one is eating a sock. :D
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Changing to Sig. I'm convinced to lynch him, and his flip will teach us more about other people's (including TH) alignments than otherwise.
Ah such a scummy reason to vote for someone. :disappoint:
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:I mean, I could back off easily enough. I could go 'hey, lots of people are defending sig... maybe they are doing it for good reason'

But will the paranoia go away? No... I'll just keep coming back to sig over and over.

@silverwolf - yeah, that middle sentence there is saying what I'm trying to express.

@TH - if they are 'loving a sig detour' so much, surely he just would have been a really easy lynch on day 3? Why is it such a hard fight to lynch someone who looks so objectively bad? Doesn't that speak to opposition from within btsc to you? I mean, I'll admit not all btsc here is bad, though.
A civ got lynched Day 3 so I don't understand your points :shrug: If sig is good, the baddies got the day off.

Right a civ got lynched instead of Sig who got more votes.
I'm not disputing that... it just has nothing to do with what I'm saying in my post you quoted...
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

My point was that a civ *died* but sig was actually *lynched*.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:My point was that a civ *died* but sig was actually *lynched*.
But what does that mean in terms of my point? To reiterate, my point was that, if sig is good, the police sat on their hands yesterday and slurped donuts out of straws.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I'm still here, catching up. Had a long weekend.

You guys ever fiddle with proofs in Geometry class? If a=b and b=c then a=c? That's kinda where my mind is with the potential alignments I'm calling a "trust fund". It's still rather abstract and unfinished but I have a few that I'm toying with in my mind.

Here's a few off the top of my head:
If sig is bad, then Quin is bad.
If sig is good, then golden is probably bad.
If sig is good, then Sloonei is probably bad.
If sig is good, then I am an idiot.
If Silverwolf is bad, then ika is probably bad.
If llama is bad, then DDL is probably good.
If TH is good, then sig is good.
If sig is good, then Quin is probably good.

These are obviously my opinions but just so y'all know, that's where my mind is right now.
I can't shake in the back of my mind that the Don has BTSC with his associate and they would have each other's back. I get nervous in any lynch that the entire thing has been one big ploy (since the cops probably know the identify of at least one don at this point) to get the entire town to rile up a lynch on said Don. It would make sense why the last 2 kills were failed. I think they are Don hunting, and have their target. Now it's just turning the Mafia tide to lynch their own. That's my thought.

Hypothetically- If sig is to be lynched and comes back as the Don (heaven for bid, with how he's played he is the Don lolz), I would look directly at Sloonei and Golden as the perpetrators. And even I would have to answer for a few things I suppose.

The way I see it, I currently trust Golden and Sloonei's lead because it makes sense, and they're so sure of their reads that it's kind of startling.

and anyone looking to tunnel on sig at this point (and to an extent that last lynch) if he is bad, I am inherently going to be suspicious of. I feel sig is grasping at straws here, and if I'm right, this looks worse for DDL, who has gradually started to join the sig train before it gets to the station.
If sig is bad, you know at this point he knows his goose is cooked and would be welcoming any and everyone to ride him like a mechanical bull at closing time.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: [DAY 3] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:Also I would say it is also blatantly obvious why Matt has completely changed his view on me.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:For what it's worth, when Matt returned to the thread, he vouched for Golden right off the bat. I assumed they were in one of the BTSC groups together.

But with Golden proposing DrWilgy for a CFD on Day 2, and Matt voting for Long Con on Day 3, I think we can safely assume they are not civilian BTSC partners.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:What do you think about Matt 2.0?
Golden wrote:I think he's A-OK. I don't think his turn around on me is organic. I think it must be info based in some way, and in that sense I wish Matt had been more subtle about it but what can I do. I think there are plenty of explanations for why he might have good reason to think I'm good, without me actually knowing what the reason is for sure. I went looking for some myself, and I've come up with a couple. I'm keeping in mind the possibility that it is the 'he's a cop' thing, though.

But I don't know what the reason is for sure. I don't have btsc with Matt and didn't think about the fact some people might think we did.
Golden can you talk to me about this? First you say it's blatantly obvious why Matt changed his view on you, then you say there are plenty of explanations but you don't know for sure which one it is. I'll go ahead and say I initially thought you were part of the Daisy Crew that pinched Matt 1.0, but Metalmarsh brought up your Wilgy vote to debunk that, and now I don't have any idea what you think is going on.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:
But what does that mean in terms of my point? To reiterate, my point was that, if sig is good, the police sat on their hands yesterday and slurped donuts out of straws.
I was making my own point :shrug2: I obviously don't think he IS good. The first thing giving me any pause whatsoever is how far out you are going to cast doubt.
Scotty wrote:I'm still here, catching up. Had a long weekend.

You guys ever fiddle with proofs in Geometry class? If a=b and b=c then a=c? That's kinda where my mind is with the potential alignments I'm calling a "trust fund". It's still rather abstract and unfinished but I have a few that I'm toying with in my mind.

These are obviously my opinions but just so y'all know, that's where my mind is right now.
I can't shake in the back of my mind that the Don has BTSC with his associate and they would have each other's back. I get nervous in any lynch that the entire thing has been one big ploy (since the cops probably know the identify of at least one don at this point) to get the entire town to rile up a lynch on said Don. It would make sense why the last 2 kills were failed. I think they are Don hunting, and have their target. Now it's just turning the Mafia tide to lynch their own. That's my thought.

Hypothetically- If sig is to be lynched and comes back as the Don (heaven for bid, with how he's played he is the Don lolz), I would look directly at Sloonei and Golden as the perpetrators. And even I would have to answer for a few things I suppose.

The way I see it, I currently trust Golden and Sloonei's lead because it makes sense, and they're so sure of their reads that it's kind of startling.

and anyone looking to tunnel on sig at this point (and to an extent that last lynch) if he is bad, I am inherently going to be suspicious of. I feel sig is grasping at straws here, and if I'm right, this looks worse for DDL, who has gradually started to join the sig train before it gets to the station.
If sig is bad, you know at this point he knows his goose is cooked and would be welcoming any and everyone to ride him like a mechanical bull at closing time.
Scotty, I don't care how sig comes back as it regards Golden, based on the Fuzz lynch, I think Golden is mega civ. Utterly no question in my mind. When Fuzz flipped, that was *REAL* happiness & "woot woot" on Goldens part. No way shape or form was he Fuzz' teammate. He is good at being bad, but no one is THAT good. Plus while he is good at being bad, he LOVES being civ.

No way did he fake that reaction.

This preemptive push at Golden if sig flips civ is the second thing giving me pause.

I skipped a lot in my catch up yesterday, I will have to do better tonight.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

As a matter of fact it bothered me so much I changed my vote to Scotty for now.

That post bothered me a hella lot.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Serge wrote:I'm here to fulfill my promise to SVS regarding the CFD of day 2.

Luffy and sig looked pretty bad after the flip but I think the latter is more reminiscent of of a skeptical townie imploring for everyone to stop and think about what they're doing. Even though Fuzz flipped scum, I felt like his intent wasn't misguided. Luffy on the other hand posted that bit where he basically said it was prime time for scum to save their friends, when in reality something like the CFD doesn't usually happen, and if they do, they're probably not initiated by scum.

Which brings us to Golden. Even though Turnip Head Was the first person to voice the CFD, I think Golden is the instigator. His prime candidates were Matt and Wilgy but SVS presented a case against Fuzz and he went with that, but not immediately I feel.

I don't like ika's posts where he posted let's lynch you next(I think directed at sig and Epignosis). As for Silverwolf, she first stated that she didn't think the CFD was a good idea but she jumped in anyway, even appearing to be so sure that Fuzz was scum when Fuzz appeared to try and dig himself out of the hole.

Epignosis looked like a fence-sitter along with Sloonei, but Sloonei eventually voted for Fuzz. Also, I seem to recall Sloonei went out for a bit and came back surprised with the Fuzz bandwagon.

Turnip Head's most memorable role in all this are his emoticons and one-worded replies which were to me hilarious.

I still honestly can't figure out zebra, Enrique seems to be content on calling everyone a cop(Sloonei, then me after the flip)

That's how I interpreted the last hour of the 2nd day. Haven't caught up with the rest of you, I will try tomorrow.
I was the first person to vote for Fuzz. There were no fences involved.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

The one association to Golden I think it is possible to make in case of Sig lynch is that if he is bad, Golden is civ.

Anything else feels like tinfoiling to me.

That said, I don't believe in the idea that someone can't be that bad to fake the way Golden is playing. I am still paranoid about him.

Also @Sig, way to dismiss every other post I used to justify my suspicion of you.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
I was making my own point :shrug2: I obviously don't think he IS good. The first thing giving me any pause whatsoever is how far out you are going to cast doubt.
Oh okay, I think I just misunderstood the intention of your post :P Yeah I know you don't think he's good. I have no knowledge of sig's role, it's just my opinion. People are acting like he has to be bad due to his behavior, or that we have to lynch him for information, and I think neither of those things are true. But I realize that some people are not going to be able to move on until this happens.
Scotty
Jeff

Re: [DAY 3] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Scotty »

My responses to gleam from a cycle ago:
agleaminranks wrote:Arrgh! THis was supposed to have been posted like 6 hours ago before I went to work, but apparently there was an error I didn't see. So, this is my train of thought from six hours ago:

I really dislike some of Scotty's actions so far this game. He says he's going to vote for the no-shows Day 1 as a rule, like it's typical Scotty action to do. I'm not going to deny it isn't.
Scotty wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Scotty always votes automatically for the most inactive player on day 1.
Ding ding ding!

If he posts, then I comb through low-posters for the quality of their posts and I pick the one that just looks off to me
Several people have argued so far that the civilians win when they get the most information, or that it's the best strategy for moving forward. What sort of information do we get for lynching the player with the least amount of activity? Practically zero. im not going to explain my stance on day 1's again. I do it every game, and people agree and disagree with it. It serves a purpose, and you just don't agree with it. It does give information and eliminates coasters at the same time.
Scotty wrote:Wow. Everyone checked in. I'm impressed.
Tranq wrote:
Scotty wrote:I will bet my [hopefully] unborn child that the 30 person coordinated vote will not work out. There will be too many no-shows. There always is in these games.
No-shows could get replaced. I see no harm in trying Wilgy's plan. For science!
Of the low posters, Tranq's only post here seems very bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Will continue to scan the thread but he's going to get my vote right now.
Can't really speak for Tranq seeing as how he was eliminated kind of early but yeah, Tranq wasn't very active. That being said, it doesn't seem to me like Tranq was being 100% serious with this post. Yet Scotty wants to lynch 'em for being overeager? No, I wanted to lynch Tranq because he only had 2 posts, they were both non-additive and disguised any real intent of following the game. I also don't equate 'bright-eyed and bushy tailed' with 'overeager'. He actually looked far more innocent-looking or faux-naive instead of eager.
Scotty wrote:
ika wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: ISO me Ika.
mkay one min
This is like a girlfriend "I'm just gonna put on my makeup" minute.

Also, @Wilgy, you seem overeager to have someone ISO you like you are cocky that you have nothing to hide. It's Day 1 shenanigans, and you almost got lynched for said shenanigans, so, like, everyone should be ISOing you anyway.

I didn't find what you were saying as inherently bad in day 1 and didn't understand the traction on your lynch. But I don't like the invitation to read into you more thoroughly. You seem like you are proud that you don't *look* guilty. :ponder:
Here he reads into Wilgy a bit which is fine. Wilgy, however, isn't long for this world.
Scotty wrote:
Tranq wrote:I voted Bullzeye. I feel he got replaced way too fast after his vote. He took the time to catch up, vote for me, said he'll ask to be replaced, and got replaced 4 minutes after that. Feels like the arrangements to get him replaced were already set in motion before he posted and voted.
Tranq wrote:
Scotty wrote:I will bet my [hopefully] unborn child that the 30 person coordinated vote will not work out. There will be too many no-shows. There always is in these games.
Of the low posters, Tranq's only post here seems very bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Will continue to scan the thread but he's going to get my vote right now.
Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed? I haven't heard that one before. What do you mean by that?
You are a big :eye: . Come on, why is it suspicious to be asked to be replaced? There were a bunch of pages after he voted for you, and I'll admit I was thinking the same thing: "holy camoley Batman, how am I gonna keep up with this" so this seems legitimate to me and says nothing about his alignment. He, like me, found you suspicious.

And by bright-eyed and bushy tailed, I of course mean Bambi- if Bambi were actually a 300 pound tattoo-covered Hispanic man named Carlos. I found your one post in day 1 to be naive and uninformed. Like you found the bullet point of the thread and tried to offer your opinion without actually adding anything.
Scotty, apart from your analysis of Wilgy, you had been doing the exact same thing in this game so far. the same thing? My 'one' post was naive and uninformed? Nah. That's not the same thing. Tranq essentially repeated a previously discussed theory and didn't even conjecture on it. It was day 1, sure, and I'm not looking for completely mind-bending reads on anyone or anything, but it's like I just met a dude for the first time and his first bit of observation of me is that "I am wearing pants." It's like, I know I'm wearing pants. Do you like the color, or what? Why are you talking about my pants?
Scotty wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:You know what big, bold, brazen, and unbacked claims result in? Good guys getting lynched.
I thought that by making this point and then following up with something ridiculous like that would make it clear that this was supposed to be parody. But I guess you guys didn't catch that. I'm not endorsing that theory at all, lol. It was more trying to point out what sort of reasoning Luffy's play tactics would lead to.
Way to backtrack. I didn't read that as parody at all. Parody is more along the lines of: being exaggeratingly funny. Like Monty Python. Or a bear in a bonnet riding a tricycle.

You also tossed out a bunch of absolutisms concerning mislynching civs. Like you're the authority on the case. I can see why people would have wanted to vote you.
Just wanted to ask: what's with all the anachronisms? Is this typical of Scotty? Or is it just a way of throwing some flash on his posts to distract from the fact that they hold no content? as far as i know, I haven't had any anachronisms this game. I've referenced posts exactly in the time they were meant to be referenced.
Unless you're talking about my "analogies". I tend to think they help further what I'm trying to get across, not hinder. Though sometimes they can be a bit abstract and hard to follow, I'll admit.

Next is a nicer analysis on Golden and Wilgy, which at least is contributing. thanks

Then:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:@scotty: can Wilgy and I both be good?
Yes.
So can haggis. Just because I had some good haggis once when I was really hungry doesn't mean that it's universally good.

But yea.
Who is your top suspect after Day 1's events?
Tranq I think.
Still tunneling Tranq.
Scotty wrote:Why on earth did Tranq get killed? Guess I really can't read people.
Quin wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:@scotty: can Wilgy and I both be good?
Yes.
So can haggis. Just because I had some good haggis once when I was really hungry doesn't mean that it's universally good.

But yea.
Who is your top suspect after Day 1's events?
Tranq I think.
Scotty, what brought you to this conclusion? I find it weird that you didn't justify yourself to either Wilgy or Sloonei who questioned you about it. Ping-pong. That should be a smilie. From my point of view, you are the only one who has a good reason to arrest Tranq. i took what I did from day 1's lynch, and I was still harbors get thoughts about Tranq. That's all there is to that.

My vote goes to Scotty for now. It is not the strongest, but I do not agree with a Golden, Matt, Luffy or Sloonei lynch. It's not 6, unfortunately.
Tone and quality. I saw some pings from the active players, but not enough that I was looking too harshly at them.
From low-posters, however, I honestly just felt Tranq's 2 posts to be lacking. He was like a paraplegic cheerleader- wanting to be part of the game, but had a hard time dancing with the others. (Oh god I'm going to hell for that one)

But yeah I was wrong.

Didn't justify myself? Perhaps you missed this post I made prior:
Scotty wrote:
Tranq wrote:I voted Bullzeye. I feel he got replaced way too fast after his vote. He took the time to catch up, vote for me, said he'll ask to be replaced, and got replaced 4 minutes after that. Feels like the arrangements to get him replaced were already set in motion before he posted and voted.
Tranq wrote:
Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed? I haven't heard that one before. What do you mean by that?
You are a big :eye: . Come on, why is it suspicious to be asked to be replaced? There were a bunch of pages after he voted for you, and I'll admit I was thinking the same thing: "holy camoley Batman, how am I gonna keep up with this" so this seems legitimate to me and says nothing about his alignment. He, like me, found you suspicious.

And by bright-eyed and bushy tailed, I of course mean Bambi- if Bambi were actually a 300 pound tattoo-covered Hispanic man named Carlos. I found your one post in day 1 to be naive and uninformed. Like you found the bullet point of the thread and tried to offer your opinion without actually adding anything.
And lol. If I were a cop, why on earth would I arrest Tranq? I was probably his main detractor! This kill seems totally random, or switched via Daisy power.
Day 2, Tranq is arrested. Scotty says his read was wrong.

"If I were a cop, why on earth would I arrest Tranq?" Yes, you were his main detractor. It would almost make it too obvious if Tranq gets arrested right after you pull for him. As if you were being framed. Which is possible, but also a lazy cop-out if you are a cop, and easier to get sympathy so early in the game. im not asking for sympathy lol. Linking me to Tranq's death seems like a stretch then, and your continuing push to connect dots that don't exist is astounding to me. I have literally no control over who gets killed, and I can't actually defend myself against them. :shrug2:
Scotty wrote:Putting a vote on Gleam for now. Because.
Now he votes for me. Because. yes. Because.
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:@ Quirinius: I don't agree with your vote on Scotty. I don't see a clear connection between him suspecting Tranq and Tranq getting thrown in the slammer last night. It doesn't add up for that to be the Police strategy. Also, and take this for what it's worth, I just nabbed Scotty as scum on Day 1 in Rocky & Bullsinkle, and I'm not getting the same vibes from him in this game. He hasn't done anything to earn himself a town read, but he's not a scum read either. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but uh, toot toot.
:feb: thanks for the Cred, man!

As for me voting gleam: it's mostly a continuation suspicion of my night 1 eyeing of him for being a floppy pancake. But I'm far too lazy to look it up right now. About to enter a poker tournament.

This isn't just. Throwaway vote on a wagon. It's just gut, and he happens to have a bunch of votes piles on as well, so there's that.
For being a "floppy pancake"? Where the hell was I flopping? In switching my vote to Diiny? He was the only vote I made. i finally went through your posts and now that I'm here o can't for be life of me remember where I thought you kept changing your mind. I know you changed your vote on day 2, but that doesn't excuse the fact that I did give you a lazy vote on day 2. I can't explain that one. And that's actually rather unlike me, I'll admit. Hmmph. Call this my apology for calling you a floppy pancake, and for myself being an uninformed voter on day 2.
Scotty wrote:Did you guys know that "sig" spelled backward is "cop"?

sig
Scotty wrote:I just did a read of Quin.

He's a cop.

Hey Quin, what is your opinion of sig? Straight up.
[/quote]

The rest of Scotty's posts up till now are either just shitposting or lazy stuff like this.i would argue that since day 2 my posts have been the opposite of day 1-2. I'm still lazy, but it's mostly due to time constraint. I would hardly call what I am doing "shit-posting"

I think I see some connections between you and Wilgy. Scotty, you're reading to me like the laziest cop. I have to go now but I just really dislike everything coming from you so far. You also stayed in the chat during the hours I said to look for low posters just enough to stay on radar, but without really contributing anything. Baddy baddy BADDY. You'll be getting my vote probably. yea, lazy cop. I haven't had my donuts today and the coffee was burnt. What's a cop supposed to do? :rolleyes:

The circumstances on Silverwolf and ika have given me enough reason to change my initial read on both of them. I'm personally getting more of a civvie vibe from Quin. I don't know what else to add that's relevant here.[/quote]

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:The one association to Golden I think it is possible to make in case of Sig lynch is that if he is bad, Golden is civ.

Anything else feels like tinfoiling to me.

That said, I don't believe in the idea that someone can't be that bad to fake the way Golden is playing. I am still paranoid about him.

Also @Sig, way to dismiss every other post I used to justify my suspicion of you.
I just know his game so well, DDL. I played the first game he played, and Golden loves being civ so much, when something amazing (like a CFD that works!!) happens, his joy comes right through. This is totally my opinion, but I can't reconcile his behavior that day with a bad Golden.

Linki @TH, I dunno anymore. Read the rest of my post. That last post of Scottys gives me bad feels. Setting up the next lynch for when sig flips good.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I don't believe in lynching someone just for information, but that is a bonus that should be considered.

I am also getting the impression from Sig's posts and people's posts about Sig that there seems to be a schism among players. Some people support Sig and suspect the ones who suspect Sig, while some people are in the other "camp". While I'm paranoid about the idea of calling a whole scum team out of interactions, this "divide" seems to be a lot more apparent than in most games, so I think the potential for info out of this lynch is huge.

Also Sig is shady as fuck, so there's that too.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Quin wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
Golden wrote:I'm sticking with sig for now.

I'm guessing that the baddies may have figured out who both dons are now, unless there is a doctor or other way of protecting people out there somewhere.
These are my thoughts as well. I'm guessing that right now the only way for the dons to go is to get lynch, which doesn't bode well for the civs here.

I think we need to pay close attention to patterns in lynch votes to find our cops.
Going by the family win conditions there is a way that either the dons or the police can actually be arrested. MP confirmed that there wasn't an error in how it was written, but I'm stuck as to what it is.

The story post and the player roster use both 'arrested' and 'lynched' for the same player, which is confusing, so I think it'd help if MP/SD could confirm or deny that during the day, players are lynched, and at night players are arrested.
I realize that neither of us have specifically clarified regarding the terminology of the game. It's Day 4, and I see there's still some confusion, so I'd like to do that now.

Be sure to note the language and categories used in the player roster.

Players who are lynched by vote or arrested at Night by the Police are all "arrested" and go to prison.

There are only three ways for players to actually die this game, as follows:
1) Be killed by Hitman
2) Be killed by Capo and Crew
3) ??????

You all have seen 1) and 2) so far, but not 3).

Hope that clears things up. :mafia:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Scotty wrote:I'm still here, catching up. Had a long weekend.

Scotty, I don't care how sig comes back as it regards Golden, based on the Fuzz lynch, I think Golden is mega civ. Utterly no question in my mind. When Fuzz flipped, that was *REAL* happiness & "woot woot" on Goldens part. No way shape or form was he Fuzz' teammate. He is good at being bad, but no one is THAT good. Plus while he is good at being bad, he LOVES being civ.

No way did he fake that reaction.

This preemptive push at Golden if sig flips civ is the second thing giving me pause.

I skipped a lot in my catch up yesterday, I will have to do better tonight.
in the style of ika, are you willing to bet Golden is civ? How much would you bet?
The logic gap in my reads is that throwing support at someone else does not necessarily mean they themselves are civ.
But golden and Sloonei in particular are as sure sig is bad as you are sure golden is good.
This is my form of rainbow list. I'm sorry you don't agree. But I'm putting it out there.

And again, I think Golden IS civ: that is why I've been following through with the sig suspicion because I agree with it. But there is going to be a backlash from a lot of people if sig flips good, and I cannot fathom that you would know with 100% certainty that golden is good, unless you know something I don't.

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I am also very worried that Sig could be the undercover cop. It would explain his behavior perfectly and throw a wrench in town's progress.

Not that I want to call undercover cop immediately he flips civ, btw. But that possibility worries me.

Return to “Previous Jobs”