It's going to happen regardless...
30%

Total votes: 20
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Re: [DAY 9] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Sloonei wrote:I am sensing real desperation in Scotty's posts though, and it's making me reconsider. Dom or Epi would be my next choice.
Is there a reason Dom is your favored low-content lynch over Elohcin or someone else?
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Anyone want to join me in voting for Don/Draconus/Mongoose? Collectively they've provided almost no content. Dom hasn't been inactive since he showed up, but his posts do not represent anything that would be diffocult for a scum player to fake. I think we've definitely tot lurker scums on our hands in this game and he fits the bill better than anyone else.
....so...why am I bad?
Turnip Head wrote:wtf, RIP sig :scared:

Sorry that I haven't had time for this. Where should I vote? As of right now I don't want to vote for Epignosis or Scotty but I also haven't read the cases on them. I feel good about both of them from what I've read. chaindeath, Domconus and Soneji are all options for me.
Why?
Nerolunar wrote:My vote on Chaindeath is going nowhere, so Im changing it. I think Domcongoose looks worse than Scotty tbh, so Im voting for him.

Dom
WHY?!

Turnip Head wrote:Well I hope you guys are right about Scotty. .. Ive been wrong about most things so far so maybe I'm wrong about him too, but I think he's town.

Voted for Dom.
W H Y?
Process of elimination. The spot you occupy in this game has been absent all game long, and we've almost certainly had at least one lurking, inactive scum player. Surely you can understand this.
No. I can't. There are at least two people who are also inactive. There is zero rationale here. I have tried very hard to participate.
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Hey Dom, gun to head read on Scotty GO
I've posted about Scotty, but apparently I've been lurking. I don't trust him. I trust SVS, I think, and she doesn't. No one seems to remember opinions he has had, and that is not something I associate with civvie scotty.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:yeah i really don't like that defense from scotty. rather than take responsibility or give an explanation for anything he's done, he just pointed at me and shrugged.
Why Are you good, Sloonei?
my role card says so.
Same. :shrug2:

Linki: prisoner and you're willing to risk a loss because you're so sure about me above anyone else that has been developing over the course of the game? Jeez man. What is your win condition?

Linki2: Sloonei its aight. I followed you and SVS because I thought you both looked the towniest and i agreed with your reads. We were both wrong.

I express different lynch votes for people on many of those mislynches and that's where my late votes come from. The only ACTUAL person I wanted lynched that got lynched in the same phase was Boom. And at be DDL. Other than that I sent with you guys because my ideas weren't catching.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I am sensing real desperation in Scotty's posts though, and it's making me reconsider. Dom or Epi would be my next choice.
Is there a reason Dom is your favored low-content lynch over Elohcin or someone else?
I believe what Epi says about her, but then I also don't trust Epi. So I don't know. Call it gut.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
I believe what Epi says about her, but then I also don't trust Epi. So I don't know. Call it gut.
This is some bullshit if I've ever read it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Am I not allowed to suspect you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Scotty wrote:Linki: prisoner and you're willing to risk a loss because you're so sure about me above anyone else that has been developing over the course of the game? Jeez man. What is your win condition?
Please tell me why I should give a single crap about this? Town has been getting utterly trounced, and I've been no help. The old reads were largely awful. chaindeath looks like a mega low-hanging fruit, and the person I'm currently voting for is literally dangling him in front of my face. How am I supposed to react to that?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Quin, immediate thoughts on Scotty's current behavior GO
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
No. You are.

Your reasons are just nonsensical. For example, you don't trust Epi, but trust him enough to leave Elo alone.

For example, you call me a lurker, but I have offered more than Elo. For example, my post count is currently 38. Over two game days, that's not half bad, especially replacing in on Day 7. I read back on the Day 2 lynch as asked, and if I'm not mistaken, offered some thoughts on those proceedings.

So your position doesn't make sense.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Quin, immediate thoughts on Scotty's current behavior GO
Not buying it.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

'It' is the pre-lynch schpeal that it'll be a mislynch and you'll regret it etc. It seems dramatic.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Scotty, please quote this post and offer a one-word read on everyone. Just really fast. Doesn't have to be gun-to-head, go ahead and use "neutral" if you want.

black rock
chaindeath
dom
epignosis
nerolunar
prisoner 509378
quin
s~v~s
elohcin
sloonei
soneji
turnip head
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I voted. For Scotty.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Dom wrote:I voted. For Scotty.
Does his most recent conduct make you feel anything either way?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
No. You are.

Your reasons are just nonsensical. For example, you don't trust Epi, but trust him enough to leave Elo alone.

For example, you call me a lurker, but I have offered more than Elo. For example, my post count is currently 38. Over two game days, that's not half bad, especially replacing in on Day 7. I read back on the Day 2 lynch as asked, and if I'm not mistaken, offered some thoughts on those proceedings.

I did not call you a lurker. I called your predecessors lurkers. I acknowledge that there is trouble in my Elohcin read. This does not eliminate you as a potential suspect. I see your posts, I have read all or most of them, but nothing you've said has been overwhelmingly townish. My position makes perfect sense. It is not the strongest read, but it makes sense.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

What's your primary motivation for this vote?
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Does his most recent conduct make you feel anything either way?
A bit more likely that he's bad.
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
No. You are.

I did not call you a lurker. I called your predecessors lurkers. I acknowledge that there is trouble in my Elohcin read. This does not eliminate you as a potential suspect. I see your posts, I have read all or most of them, but nothing you've said has been overwhelmingly townish. My position makes perfect sense. It is not the strongest read, but it makes sense.
No it doesn't?
I'm not overwhelmingly town, so you think I'm bad?
Like???

Quin wrote:
What's your primary motivation for this vote?
I think SVS is right PLUS I want to make sure I don't die.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Is self-preservation your first and foremost motivation?
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Dom wrote:No it doesn't?
Like???
It does make sense. Sloonei told you it was a matter of process of elimination. That means that if you're not overwhelmingly town to him and enough other people are, then you're toast. How does that not make sense?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:This is some bullshit if I've ever read it.
No. You are.

No it doesn't?
Like???
Do you understand that you have been here for like less than 1/3 of this game? This read is based as much or more on your predecessors than you. Right now you are mostly just screaming at me for being suspicious of inactive players in a game that obviously has inactive scum members. It's not a great look.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I think I'm keeping my vote on Dom. Scotty's tone today has seemed genuine and desperate. Dom's sudden strong rejection of my suspicion of him looks more like a bad guy on the verge of winning a game trying to swat away a last minute push. Plus there's not enough resistance to Scotty's bandwagon. I'm the first person to oppose it and I don't think I'm a cop.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

We're approaching the threshhold where any other result isn't likely to be generated.

I'm given some pause, mostly because Scotty probably is pressed for time, and that makes his life harder in this game right now under so much pressure. But I've also been pinged on some new posts and I don't think I am inspired to move my vote. I do hope it goes our way. It's been such a shit show of a game.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:I think I'm keeping my vote on Dom. Scotty's tone today has seemed genuine and desperate. Dom's sudden strong rejection of my suspicion of him looks more like a bad guy on the verge of winning a game trying to swat away a last minute push. Plus there's not enough resistance to Scotty's bandwagon. I'm the first person to oppose it and I don't think I'm a cop.
Nerolunar also opposed it in passing.
My vote on Chaindeath is going nowhere, so Im changing it. I think Domcongoose looks worse than Scotty tbh, so Im voting for him.

Dom
Nerolunar's also had some pretty friendly interactions with Scotty, which is of interest.
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

It's a tough call on Dom. He's a highly emotional player, especially when he gets accused (MP specifically told me that once when I asked him who on The Syndicate best fits that description). If I'm in his shoes I might be exhibiting similar frustration. It's hard to understand being suspected for what essentially is no reason related to one's own posts. I wouldn't feel great about that vote. I don't feel amazing about the Scotty vote. But here we are.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

This game: :confused: :omg: :ponder: :shrug: :flamed:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:This game: :confused: :omg: :ponder: :shrug: :flamed:
When it's over we might all be feeling rather:

:boom:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

*sings hymns to whatever god might be listening*
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

here we go.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

I actually feel a bit sick.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: [POLLS] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 9
Who failed to arrest someone?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:45:13 pm

Black Rock
No votes

chaindeath
No votes

Dom (Draconus)
Nerolunar (13), Turnip Head (15), Sloonei (16) 18%

Epignosis
sig (4), Soneji (10), Scotty (11) 18%

Nerolunar
No votes

Prisoner 509378
No votes

Quin
No votes

S~V~S
No votes

Scotty
S~V~S (2), Black Rock (6), Quin (8), Prisoner 509378 (12), chaindeath (14), Dom (17) 35%

Elohcin (Serge)
No votes

***DON'T VOTE HERE*** (sig is now dead)
No votes

Sloonei
No votes

Soneji
Epignosis (9) 6%

Turnip Head
No votes

Inspector Lestrade (hosts, non-players)
MovingPictures07 (1), Ricochet (3), Spacedaisy (5), nijuukyugou (7) 24%
Total votes : 17
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

\_(:T)_/
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

:scared:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 9

MP took a call and listened to the information he was given, "And everyone agrees?"

He nodded, "ok, I'll take care of it myself then. He deserves that much at least."

A short while later he sat down next to Scotty at the bar and motioned for the bartender to give him a beer.

Scotty didn't even look at him, he knew what was coming. "So it's official, huh?"

"Yes, unfortunately."

"Why couldn't they even give me just a little more time? This is ridiculous!"

"We're running out of time, Scotty."

"But you believe me, don't you?"

MP didn't answer, just took a swig of his beer. Scotty understood what that meant. He gave a deep sigh and guzzled the last of his own beer, "Guess it's time to pay the piper then. I hear he's got a peck of pickled peppers with my name on it."

MP never could quite understand Scotty's sense of humor, so he just remained silent as Scotty paid his tab and left the bar to turn himself in.

--------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in prison...

The Warden sat behind is large mahogany desk with classical music playing lightly in the background. He was shuffling through the stack of papers in front of him when a blaring siren went off. He knew instantly it meant trouble in the Prison Yard, so he leapt from his seat and rushed out just in time to see the guards subduing a group of prisoners with billy clubs and tear gas. When the gas had cleared and the inmates were back in their cells, there were two bodies left laying in the prison yard. The Warden glared at his guards and ordered, "take care of this mess," before heading back to his office. He would have to write up a report on the deaths of Prisoner 219747 and Prisoner 153930. He hated writing reports.

Scotty has been arrested. He was Messaggero, a member of The Sockfaced Famiglia.

Prisoner 153930 has been shanked. He was Dragon D. Luffy.

Prisoner 219747 has been shanked. He was Golden.

It is now Night 9.

You have 23 hours to send in your night actions.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [NIGHT 9] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

:|
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote::|
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Why are you doing this to me?? :overreact:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I can't remember a game in which everything has gone so terribly as this. This might be the worst I've ever seen.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Fuck. I don'tknow what to say. I am going o just shut up

Linki, the GOC was worse, actually.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Quin wrote:Is self-preservation your first and foremost motivation?
No. I'm not that close to being lynched.

I also thought Scotty is bad.
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Dom wrote:No it doesn't?
Like???
It does make sense. Sloonei told you it was a matter of process of elimination. That means that if you're not overwhelmingly town to him and enough other people are, then you're toast. How does that not make sense?
I don't understand his elimination whatsoever.
Three players drop in at the end of the day and vote for you out of nowhere. No one provides a reason except one. They say "elimination", plus I am going to contradict myself about a different suspect.

How do you feel?

Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:This is some bullshit if I've ever read it.
No. You are.

No it doesn't?
Like???
Do you understand that you have been here for like less than 1/3 of this game? This read is based as much or more on your predecessors than you. Right now you are mostly just screaming at me for being suspicious of inactive players in a game that obviously has inactive scum members. It's not a great look.
I don't care what's a good look. I care about what I think is right and good for the civvies.
Why does it obviously have inactive scum members? I am not privy to this.
I also have not been MOSTLY screaming at anyone. I have provided thoughts on MANY players.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

:/ scotty :/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I'm just gonna go jump over a (figurative, cyberspace) building now.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Black Rock »

S~V~S wrote:Fuck. I don'tknow what to say. I am going o just shut up

Linki, the GOC was worse, actually.
I don't know about that. I'm about to hang myself.

Good job cops, you deserve your impending win.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Have we all recovered yet?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Come on, team Sockface! I know it's been rough... but don't give up, the game isn't over yet!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote:Have we all recovered yet?
no
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

Lets look at the numbers here. There are four cops to eight civs, if we assume that the seemer has been lynched. The cops will arrest at least one player tonight, potentially two. Lets assume the former, that puts us at four cops, seven civs. A mislynch next day phase will put as at best 4 vs 5 after the subsequent night phase. So at most, we can afford one mislynch if the cops don't get lucky with their 20% chance of lynching a second player.

The Scotty lynch was based on meta reasoning mainly, from how he acted in another game I wasn't in. I have had Epi try to shoot down my suspicion on Mongoose for meta reasons, SVS was saying Epi wouldn't tunnel sig if he was mafia due to meta reasons, etc...it seems this site has an over reliance on meta. Even the suspicion on me has never fully taken off as people are hesitant due to not knowing my meta. We need to stop thinking about meta and just judge the actions by themselves.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, if you have a PM / action, don't forget to send it to your host! It's too late in the game to forget your PMs... unless you're the baddies, then go ahead and forget them for all I care. :P
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Soneji wrote:Lets look at the numbers here. There are four cops to eight civs, if we assume that the seemer has been lynched. The cops will arrest at least one player tonight, potentially two. Lets assume the former, that puts us at four cops, seven civs. A mislynch next day phase will put as at best 4 vs 5 after the subsequent night phase. So at most, we can afford one mislynch if the cops don't get lucky with their 20% chance of lynching a second player.

The Scotty lynch was based on meta reasoning mainly, from how he acted in another game I wasn't in. I have had Epi try to shoot down my suspicion on Mongoose for meta reasons, SVS was saying Epi wouldn't tunnel sig if he was mafia due to meta reasons, etc...it seems this site has an over reliance on meta. Even the suspicion on me has never fully taken off as people are hesitant due to not knowing my meta. We need to stop thinking about meta and just judge the actions by themselves.
What are some actions you judge to be suspicious?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

Damn. Crappy situation we are in, but I believe that we can still win! I like Sonejis recent posts and GTH he strikes me as civ.

My top scum reads are Chaindeath and Dom. Doms recent posts lacks civ motivation and he does not come off as someone who is struggling to win.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.

Return to “Previous Jobs”