Total votes: 20
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 384

Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by indiglo »

Silverwolf wrote:
Golden wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:I'm gonna finish this game out cuz I know the hosts are having difficulty finding replacements and I do indeed appreciate the warm welcome I got, but this will likely be my last game here. I understand suspecting people for legitimate reasons but suspecting myself or ika because we play different or are defending each other from playstyle type lynches is not all that enticing for me to want to continue here.
Do you think it is not a fair point, to point out that all 5 of the voters of ika are also new here?

I think it is rough, to call it a knock on the Syndicate. Especially since I'm pretty sure ika is ultimately not going to get lynched for it. He seems to have quite a few defenders.
Fair enough, I don't mean to knock the Syndicate overall and I'm not trying to say that ika or myself should not be suspected or questioned or voted for legitimate reasons. I do feel like the reason people are suspecting us-and particularly ika, is because of a different playstyle, and like I said, this is very discouraging.

And let me just say this now. I'd never, ever use something like this to manipulate as scum. I do have strong feeling against emotionally manipulating people as scum, since I had a friend do it to me a long time ago. It's just not something I believe in. Me getting emotionally is definitely not an alignment tell either way.

I like this. And I like the cut of your jib in general. I would feel exactly the same way you do in your position, and I respect both of you very much for simply walking away when you started to feel frustrated. That type of play style is very good to have around.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote: if nothing else I'm a bloody loud and obnoxious voice.
Never were truer words spoken. :P

;)
Takes one to know one :p
Damn straight. :mafia:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

ika wrote:the seconde one was at luffy.

trust me, there doesn go a moment where we have at least some parnaoia about each other. if we live for too long it does kinda make it odd. but this is also common for sucms to discredit our town reading.

like i have had a game where i was a cop and i was light town reading her but didnt trust her and was going to check her n1, she know nothing about it. so we may start wrong but in the end we always get it right
I believe in you, but we have to look at our side. We know nothing about you two. We are trying to get reads on you - separate reads - taking into account playstyle, possible meta, the way you deal with each other, and the fact one of you or both of you could be mafia. And we are trying to do that while not being unwelcoming or rude. It's hard. We are walking on a thin line here, trying to read you two while not giving you guys a reason to leave our site because we don't want that to happen.

And every time one of you defends each other, we have to put that under scrutiny and try to understand whether that's sincere, or bussing, or appeal to emotion, because those are all possible mafia strategies.

And people are not used to that. There are other couples in this site and they tend to distance from each other more in games. Maybe even to avoid this scenario that's happening with you two. The way you guys play is not wrong, but we need some time to get used to it, just like you two need some to get used to us.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 580

Post by Golden »

Silverwolf wrote:So yeah, this kind of pings a bit to me.
I'm fine with a scumread. In the end, I'm more invested in having you guys hang around than having you think I'm civ. I like you both, and I think you are sticking up for the right thing, and I DON'T scumread your defence of each other.

But, mostly, I think you scumread it because you are from mafiascum lol. I defend people hard when I think they are civ.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

indiglo wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Golden wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:I'm gonna finish this game out cuz I know the hosts are having difficulty finding replacements and I do indeed appreciate the warm welcome I got, but this will likely be my last game here. I understand suspecting people for legitimate reasons but suspecting myself or ika because we play different or are defending each other from playstyle type lynches is not all that enticing for me to want to continue here.
Do you think it is not a fair point, to point out that all 5 of the voters of ika are also new here?

I think it is rough, to call it a knock on the Syndicate. Especially since I'm pretty sure ika is ultimately not going to get lynched for it. He seems to have quite a few defenders.
Fair enough, I don't mean to knock the Syndicate overall and I'm not trying to say that ika or myself should not be suspected or questioned or voted for legitimate reasons. I do feel like the reason people are suspecting us-and particularly ika, is because of a different playstyle, and like I said, this is very discouraging.

And let me just say this now. I'd never, ever use something like this to manipulate as scum. I do have strong feeling against emotionally manipulating people as scum, since I had a friend do it to me a long time ago. It's just not something I believe in. Me getting emotionally is definitely not an alignment tell either way.

I like this. And I like the cut of your jib in general. I would feel exactly the same way you do in your position, and I respect both of you very much for simply walking away when you started to feel frustrated. That type of play style is very good to have around.
Exactly.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

indiglo wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Golden wrote:

Thanks-Sometimes I get easily frustrated and when I calm down, I can be a lot more rational.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sorry for calling ika a she :sigh:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I mean, silverwolf, on the off chance you guys were pulling an epic newbies scum-team - you'd get all the applause in the world from me and I'd never trust you again :p

But I don't think thats whats going on here.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

Silverwolf, I have no problems with it, and if that is really the only reason ika is taking votes, I won;t be voting for him. Almost every time I have tried to play somewhere else (including Mafiascum ;) ) I got lynched Day One for playstyle. Come back and talk to me on Day 3 or 4, and by then playstyle won't be an issue.

I have spent all my Mafia time in the other thread or site stuff, so I have an hour to catch up and move my vote.

My vote for Gleam is based on a day one ping, so can anyone tell me why he has the other votes? And :cloud9: @Sloonei, can'twait to see why you think I am bad after Rocky & Bullwinkel.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

Golden wrote:Sorry for calling ika a she :sigh:

where did that happen?
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 28

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Breaking the tie, voting for ika.

ika
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I want to lead a CFD counterwagon because I don't like any of these 3, but I have no idea where to go. My vote is accomplishing nothing but I don't know where else to put it. I really hope Epi doesn't get lynched, I haven't played with him in forever and I'm liking his new approach this game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Tangrowth »

Silverwolf wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey all, I just want to remind you that we have a Mod on Duty function, and that it doesn't get utilized often enough. I know a decent number of you are new or relatively new to this site, so I'd like to emphasize this it is a unique function here designed specifically so that you can resolve personal conflicts and vent frustrations:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
RULES & PROCEDURES

10. The Mod on Duty for this game is nijuukyugou. She is there for any of your questions or concerns not strictly related to game or role mechanics. Please PM her with any grievances or concerns you may have at any time, notably including conflicts with other players. Keep the thread fun and clean of emotionally-charged drama or conflicts; PM nijuukyugou instead. We want to keep this game as fun as possible for everyone.

If you have questions regarding any of this, also feel free to PM me or Daisy too and we'd be more than happy to assist. We know mafia is inevitably tense, but we want to keep everyone enjoying this game. If you feel frustrated with someone, multiple people, or just the general mood of the thread, then we want to help resolve it, and keep it from adversely affecting the game. So spam nijuu's inbox for all we care. That's what she's there for!

Thanks! :beer:
Where I come from, all this stuff gets thrown in the thread, along with a lot of swearing, fighting, etc. While it sounds harsh, it does help with reading other players.
A substantial amount of the players here have played and hosted mafia at other sites previous to this one. Due to various incidents particularly at one of those sites (which are unfortunately are all defunct), there were a lot of people getting upset at each other and prolonged cases of heated drama, and the moderators were very hesitant to deal with any of it. As a result, in combination with other factors, people started to become disinterested in playing mafia.

Because of those experiences, when I founded this site, I enacted the Mod on Duty function specifically as a way for people to play mafia without having to deal with being personally attacked and having to deal with drama that extends beyond the confines of the game. It's an emotional game, inevitably, built around deception, strategy, and manipulation, and so everyone gets frustrated from time to time, but those frustrations should stem from the nature of the game, not from people being assholes to each other.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Voted for gleam.

I think I'd prefer to vote elsewhere, but I'm voting in defence of ika.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote:Silverwolf, I have no problems with it, and if that is really the only reason ika is taking votes, I won;t be voting for him. Almost every time I have tried to play somewhere else (including Mafiascum ;) ) I got lynched Day One for playstyle. Come back and talk to me on Day 3 or 4, and by then playstyle won't be an issue.

I have spent all my Mafia time in the other thread or site stuff, so I have an hour to catch up and move my vote.

My vote for Gleam is based on a day one ping, so can anyone tell me why he has the other votes? And :cloud9: @Sloonei, can'twait to see why you think I am bad after Rocky & Bullwinkel.
hey, i don't think you're bad! I'm undecided and want you to answer a question I asked.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thank you for noticing my vote, though. :)
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:I want to lead a CFD counterwagon because I don't like any of these 3, but I have no idea where to go. My vote is accomplishing nothing but I don't know where else to put it. I really hope Epi doesn't get lynched, I haven't played with him in forever and I'm liking his new approach this game.
I'd love to, too, but we would need to get enough people on board, and preferably including some of the current voters on the existing 3 wagons.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:I want to lead a CFD counterwagon because I don't like any of these 3, but I have no idea where to go. My vote is accomplishing nothing but I don't know where else to put it. I really hope Epi doesn't get lynched, I haven't played with him in forever and I'm liking his new approach this game.
Talk to me. My vote is based on a ping, and I am not sure why he has other votes. When I looked in here this AM, it seemed that he had more, so if new info has come up I want to act on it, but I don't know that I can totally catch up in the time that I have.

Linki @Sloonei, what was the question? Not sure I am going to find it in the time I have.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

SVS is here and has acknowledged my vote, so there's no need to keep it on her anymore. Epi is starting to fall behind, and I don't think ika will move back ahead of him on my scumlist, so I'm voting for Epignosis. Though I still feel a bit compelled to look into the case on Gleam. I only moved off of him because others voted for him too swiftly. It wasn't really anything he said or did that got me to change.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

I think you'd all be interested to hear that I've just stick my fingers into a running ceiling fan trying to put on a shirt. It hurts. :goofp:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Golden wrote:Voted for gleam.

I think I'd prefer to vote elsewhere, but I'm voting in defence of ika.

Looks like I may end up doing the same thing. I just can't decide if I want to for sure or not.

Though you are right, if SW and ika were pulling an epic newbie scum team gambit - oh it would be legendary! I would really love that! But I don't think that's what is happening either. But oh man... how great would that be. :haha:

Also, I super, super need to log off soon... but I'm just not being able to do so. :sigh:

Ooh - SVS linki - lemme hurry up and post and read!
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:
I'd love to, too, but we would need to get enough people on board, and preferably including some of the current voters on the existing 3 wagons.
My mind is open.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

RadicalFuzz wrote:Breaking the tie, voting for ika.

ika
This is a very opportunistic vote and probably scum.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

I agree, when i flip town it should be looked into
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Let me throw out two names for this counterwagon and see if Sloon, SVS, TH, indi, silver and ika could all be behind either.

Matt
Wilgy

I'm open to other names.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

Quin wrote:I think you'd all be interested to hear that I've just stick my fingers into a running ceiling fan trying to put on a shirt. It hurts. :goofp:

How is that even possibly? :p
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Serge and Fuzz votes both opportunistic, I'd be open to either of them too.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Oh, so do we have another hour until day ends? I thought it ended now.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Matt is probably my dark horse lynch option, if we're all gonna start throwing names into the Chinese Fire Drill pool.

Linki: I see we have started doing that! And Matt has other takers.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Sloonei wrote:
Golden wrote:
My mind is open.

Ditto.

Ack, how many times must I hit sumbit??? I love it! :haha:

XOXO Epi Girl
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I wonder if gleam is willing to be involved too?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ika wrote:I agree, when i flip town it should be looked into
I do not agree. At this point it only makes sense to vote for one of the three of you, so any vote can be said to be "opportunistic".
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I don't like the idea of starting another wagon, when we already have 3, with less than an hour for the phase to end.

This is the PERFECT opportunity for scum to save each other if they need to.

If you don't like the current wagons then tough luck. Try to push another one earlier next day.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

sig wrote:
Quin wrote:I think you'd all be interested to hear that I've just stick my fingers into a running ceiling fan trying to put on a shirt. It hurts. :goofp:

How is that even possibly? :p
All the excuses in the world wouldn't stop me from sounding like an idiot :shrug2:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:Oh, so do we have another hour until day ends? I thought it ended now.
Pick a name that's not Epignosis, ika, or Gleam and tell us why we should all vote for that person.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I don't like the idea of starting another wagon, when we already have 3, with less than an hour for the phase to end.

If you don't like the current wagons then tough luck. Try to push another one earlier next day.
Every post you make is making you look more scummy, imo. Why shouldn't we try to push one now, when so many people think all of the current wagons don't have a lot of merit?
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Sloonei wrote:
ika wrote:I agree, when i flip town it should be looked into
I do not agree. At this point it only makes sense to vote for one of the three of you, so any vote can be said to be "opportunistic".
well you think im scum so its understandable
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Silverwolf wrote:

ika
I kind of agree. This is his last postmentioning ika:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Matt is either playing from a high tightrope or is town. The risk/reward for his actions feels like high/medium if he's scum.
Sloonei is my strongest townread, as his posts have consistently made logical sense and he's avoided tunnelling on one player or interaction. It feels like he's trying to solve the game, and that's good.
You look town-y to me, for similar reasons to Sloonei. The difference is your tone reads as a little early to reach a conclusion, like you're content with finding enough facts to reach a conclusion at all, not necessarily the correct one.

Spirityo still has said next to nothing and we're a few hours out from Day 2 ending. His four posts consist of the following. A "linki - that's a good idea", one "I agree with Sloonei about the cultural differences between RYM & Syndicate", a greeting to everyone, and an apology for missing the vote. Absolutely zero content whatsoever.
Enrique I don't like because of his refusal to explain his vote on Day 1. That entire situation read as if he was nervous, if that makes sense, like he didn't have a reason at the time of his vote but decided he needed one.

I refuse to touch the Silverwolf/ika thing with a 39 & 1/2 foot pole. There's some logic to be found in interactions regarding them, but so much emotion that I'd probably end up stepping on someone's toes and they'd get mad at me for their decision to wear sandals.

My vote's going to be used to prevent a tie today. I'm indifferent as to where specifically it goes.

Turnip the reason you should vote for me is so you stop twiddling your thumbs about who to vote for.

Llama can you elaborate on your conclusion that Luffy's posts scream "cop?"
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I don't like the idea of starting another wagon, when we already have 3, with less than an hour for the phase to end.

pingpong. I don't like this at all. We shouldn't be forced to lynch our civ-reads because there isn't an existing bandwagon for them.
ImageImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Golden wrote:Let me throw out two names for this counterwagon and see if Sloon, SVS, TH, indi, silver and ika could all be behind either.

Matt
Wilgy

I'm open to other names.
I don't like this. I never like the idea of a last minute flash wagon at the end of the day.

Your latest posts are not really sitting well with me.

Radical Fuzz, Golden need to be looked into more tomorrow IMO.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Good find, SVS.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ebwop, what changed? Why did he grab his 39 1/2 foot pole & start touching?
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

I cannot read Wilgy. Period. I don't think he's been super helpful though, so that counts for something. When I don't like the 3 candidates going now, he would be at least slightly more palatable to me.

Re: Matt - Ideally I'd like more time to get a better read on him, but as you know I've been pinged by him for a while. Once I really started pushing him, he seemed to get slightly more genuine... but just barely. It made me feel like putting him on the back burner to wait and see, but if we need another option, that would likely be mine.

Sorry, not trying to poo-poo your ideas, just stream of consciousness here.

XOXO Epi Girl
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I don't feel great about any of the options (I feel decent about Epi, okay about ika, a little resistant about Gleam) and a number of my strongest town reads have now stated a similar sentiment.

I can read this as a cop who is nervous that the changing tide will sweep away one of his partners.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Silverwolf wrote:
Golden wrote:Let me throw out two names for this counterwagon and see if Sloon, SVS, TH, indi, silver and ika could all be behind either.

Matt
Wilgy

I'm open to other names.
I don't like this. I never like the idea of a last minute flash wagon at the end of the day.

Your latest posts are not really sitting well with me.

Radical Fuzz, Golden need to be looked into more tomorrow IMO.
Why not? And why is it just me you don't like, when it was TH's idea?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:

I don't feel great about any of the options (I feel decent about Epi, okay about ika, a little resistant about Gleam) and a number of my strongest town reads have now stated a similar sentiment.

I can read this as a cop who is nervous that the changing tide will sweep away one of his partners.
I do read it that way. Very much.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

ika
I kind of agree. This is his last postmentioning ika:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Matt is either playing from a high tightrope or is town. The risk/reward for his actions feels like high/medium if he's scum.
Sloonei is my strongest townread, as his posts have consistently made logical sense and he's avoided tunnelling on one player or interaction. It feels like he's trying to solve the game, and that's good.
You look town-y to me, for similar reasons to Sloonei. The difference is your tone reads as a little early to reach a conclusion, like you're content with finding enough facts to reach a conclusion at all, not necessarily the correct one.

Spirityo still has said next to nothing and we're a few hours out from Day 2 ending. His four posts consist of the following. A "linki - that's a good idea", one "I agree with Sloonei about the cultural differences between RYM & Syndicate", a greeting to everyone, and an apology for missing the vote. Absolutely zero content whatsoever.
Enrique I don't like because of his refusal to explain his vote on Day 1. That entire situation read as if he was nervous, if that makes sense, like he didn't have a reason at the time of his vote but decided he needed one.

I refuse to touch the Silverwolf/ika thing with a 39 & 1/2 foot pole. There's some logic to be found in interactions regarding them, but so much emotion that I'd probably end up stepping on someone's toes and they'd get mad at me for their decision to wear sandals.

My vote's going to be used to prevent a tie today. I'm indifferent as to where specifically it goes.

Turnip the reason you should vote for me is so you stop twiddling your thumbs about who to vote for.

Llama can you elaborate on your conclusion that Luffy's posts scream "cop?"
Okay, now I agree.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm willing to do a Fuzz vote.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

Golden wrote:Serge and Fuzz votes both opportunistic, I'd be open to either of them too.

Serge another new player?

linki: Good point from Sloonie, however I can also see what he means CFD usually are lead by mafia imo. It has saved me more then once getting worked up then someone else suggesting it
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Quin wrote:

pingpong. I don't like this at all. We shouldn't be forced to lynch our civ-reads because there isn't an existing bandwagon for them.

Exactly.

Mega linki on my last post, sorry about that guys. (And this one)

XOXO Epi Girl

Return to “Previous Jobs”