Total votes: 20
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 580

Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Golden »

Well, I tried. I really really tried.

If ika flips scum, I'll be astonished.

In the mean time - Enrique, sig, LC - I'm coming for you all. I think it couldn't be more obvious that the Fuzz train was NOT a save, as though anything like that is EVER a save. Reminds me of eactly what people were saying when I was getting together a lynch train with JJJ and FZ in GoC to try to avoid that ridiculous four way tie. Guess what? Everyone involved that time was civ too.

Baddies don't do that kind of thing.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Enrique »

I mean, Golden, if you're gonna justify everything through WIFOM there's not a lot of discussion to have.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

I was replying to a post 5 minutes ago, lol.

Becasue Fuzz actually did something other than trigger someones gut :shrug:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 204

Post by a2thezebra »

Quin wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
sig wrote: Linki: I dislike the speed of this wagon I dislike how quicly everyone jumped on it, I dislike both Silver's and Ikas posts. The lack of good reasoning and the fact no one ever voiced anything about fuzz until know.
But does the Fuzz wagon being suspect make ika automatically bad?
I don't think there is a one or the other case with these two options. Whichever one is lynched wont give us any leads to the alignment of the other one, given how little they've interacted with eachother until now.
I agree. In these past few posts I've seen a lot of "when I flip civ" or "when they flip civ vote for such and such person" and I don't get it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

S~V~S wrote:I was replying to a post 5 minutes ago, lol.

Becasue Fuzz actually did something other than trigger someones gut :shrug:
Did he though?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

how confident you are sig, are you willing to bet your vote on his flip? if he flips scum i get yourn vote, if he flips town you have mty vote, you game?
Now this is something I've never seen before.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote:I mean, Golden, if you're gonna justify everything through WIFOM there's not a lot of discussion to have.
I agree. Matt is not at top of mind any more. You are. I think you acted in that end day as scummy as heck. If there was a save, it was a save of Fuzz.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote:I don't think the idea that Fuzz said he didn't want to vote ika, and then did, is suspicious. I think it's unusual, but he wasn't trying to save himself at that point, so then what's the point? Save gleam? Why would he say he's not voting ika if he knew he might have to save gleam?
I find it suspicious because, in his own words, he "didn't care" who got lynched. Whether he admits that or not, it reflects poorly on him with regards to his perceived alignment. Like some of his other posts, it has the appearance of activity without actually committing to anything.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

a2thezebra wrote:
ika wrote:
sig wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
sig wrote: Linki: I dislike the speed of this wagon I dislike how quicly everyone jumped on it, I dislike both Silver's and Ikas posts. The lack of good reasoning and the fact no one ever voiced anything about fuzz until know.
It is either an attempt to save Ika or Epi, which I've said.
when i flip town you better lynch fuzzy next
Why Fuzzy and not Epi?
both of them need to die, hes defening fuzzy so i want him to stck to that. im indiffrent overall
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Wish I'd tried to get votes from one of those loan sharks, now.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I think most of the Fuzz votes are disingenuous. Maybe not all anti-town, but disingenuous.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:I think most of the Fuzz votes are disingenuous. Maybe not all anti-town, but disingenuous.
I think none of them are either.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ika wrote:
sig wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
It is either an attempt to save Ika or Epi, which I've said.
when i flip town you better lynch fuzzy next
Why Fuzzy and not Epi?
both of them need to die, hes defening fuzzy so i want him to stck to that. im indiffrent overall
You don't seem indifferent.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I would be willing to bet, right now, that there are no cops on the Fuzz chain. Not one.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Re: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by sig »

Golden wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
I wasn't referring to you doing so unwittingly, I just recall instances in other games (and from personal experiences) that someone can oftentimes unwillingly get a bandwagon going against them early on from one misplaced word or unintentionally ambiguous statement. Especially early on when there's not much to go on and people are looking for any sort of footing to latch on to.
Also known in recent times as 'why sig gets lynched in the early game so often'.
Golden wrote:The thread is growing faster than I can read it, given that I'm at work.

I'm taking silverwolf's vouch for ika at face value, and so I won't vote there. In any event, I'm not a fan of voting for someone I don't know on day one of the first game I play with them. I do think ika's behaviour is objectively suspicious. So I have an eye there longer term. But it could be a sig-like situation, where someone takes some getting used to, to understand their style and recognise it for what it is.]
Golden wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:With regards to the new player thing, ika, it is frustrating. I have played a handful of mafia games here and at piano, it's tough to get integrated into a community that's had each other for a while. The Pikmin mafia I played most recently was the first game on this site where I wasn't lynched or nightkilled in the first voting period. Hence the very low post count for someone who has been here since 2013. And even so, this game is the first real mafia game I've gotten any sort of a platform whatsoever.

I get that frustration entirely. I was maddeningly frustrated for someone who just wanted to play a mafia game somewhere. But I think if you stick with the community it'll become more enticing.
I agree.

Poor scotty and sig, I felt sorry for those two and it was often me sticking up for them in their early games, but they died early often. Now zebra is experiencing it. But I promise you this is a community of people that are more than just a community... here we are friends that really like each other. Even if you go down and you are town, stick with us... you'll see that people will come to love and understand your style and 'thats ika' will be the new 'thats marmot'.
What happened to this Golden? Know your saying you plan to come after me? I also pulled these up since I really dislike he used this as an example three times if Ika flips mafia then Golden is defiantly his teammate.
ImageImage
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 28

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Ooh, look at that. I appreciate the votes, guys.

And sorry Sloonei, but I legitimately didn't care which it was. That's a fact, and you're drawing the logical conclusion from it, but I can't change that fact.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Golden wrote:I would be willing to bet, right now, that there are no cops on the Fuzz chain. Not one.
So out of all those players not one baddie voted for him this is far fetched even if he is mafia.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:Well, I tried. I really really tried.

If ika flips scum, I'll be astonished.

In the mean time - Enrique, sig, LC - I'm coming for you all. I think it couldn't be more obvious that the Fuzz train was NOT a save, as though anything like that is EVER a save. Reminds me of eactly what people were saying when I was getting together a lynch train with JJJ and FZ in GoC to try to avoid that ridiculous four way tie. Guess what? Everyone involved that time was civ too.

Baddies don't do that kind of thing.
They especially don't do it to break up a three way tie. The easiest way to save a teammate in that sort of scenario is simply to vote for one of the other options. Unless someone wants to suggest all three of Epi, ika, and gleam are scum I don't see how that can be perceived as a save of a scum player.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: [POLLS] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 2
Who arrested Tranq?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:45:05 pm

a2thezebra
Epignosis (27) 3%

agleaminranks
Scotty (4) 3%

Black Rock
No votes

Bullzeye
No votes

chaindeath
No votes

Dragon D. Luffy
thellama73 (2), chaindeath (26) 7%

DrWilgy
No votes

Enrique
No votes

Epignosis
Metalmarsh89 (8), a2thezebra (9), DrWilgy (10) 10%

Golden
Matt (13) 3%

ika
Quin (5), Nerolunar (6), agleaminranks (11), Soneji (12), Serge (14), RadicalFuzz (16), Enrique (23), Long Con (28), sig (29) 31%

Long Con
No votes

Matt
No votes

Metalmarsh89
No votes

Mongoose
No votes

Nerolunar
No votes

Quin
No votes

RadicalFuzz
Golden (17), ika (18), Silverwolf (19), indiglo (20), S~V~S (21), Dragon D. Luffy (22), Turnip Head (24), Sloonei (25) 28%

S~V~S
No votes

Scotty
No votes

Serge
No votes

sig
No votes

Silverwolf
No votes

Sloonei
No votes

Soneji
No votes

sprityo
No votes

thellama73
No votes

Turnip Head
Black Rock (15) 3%

Barney Fife (hosts, mod, non-players)
MovingPictures07 (1), Spacedaisy (3), nijuukyugou (7) 10%

Total votes : 29

Missing votes: Mongoose, sprityo
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

a2thezebra wrote:
You don't seem indifferent.[/quote]

well im more confident in fuzz then esp so maybe thats it

*shrugs*

im wiating at this point
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ika isn't going to flip bad, sig.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:Wish I'd tried to get votes from one of those loan sharks, now.
I completely forgot about those. I wonder if they're going to make an appearance.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Sloonei wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Silver where did I say I wouldn't vote for ika?

With that constraint I'm not sure Sloonei. I suppose the players I would like to see last-minute bandwagoned are all easy targets.

Luffy you also asked me for reads. Context is important.
The whole game is on the line from your perspective and you can't name a single other suspect?
If he was a baddie, don't you think he would pretend like he suspected more people in this situation?
Maybe. I've never played with Fuzz before, and this sort of thing could easily have crossed his mind.
I'm not even talking about Fuzz's meta, that just doesn't seem like the smart thing for mafia to do in general when they're about to be lynched.

Perhaps WIFOM, but I doubt it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote:
Golden wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
I wasn't referring to you doing so unwittingly, I just recall instances in other games (and from personal experiences) that someone can oftentimes unwillingly get a bandwagon going against them early on from one misplaced word or unintentionally ambiguous statement. Especially early on when there's not much to go on and people are looking for any sort of footing to latch on to.
Also known in recent times as 'why sig gets lynched in the early game so often'.
Golden wrote:The thread is growing faster than I can read it, given that I'm at work.

I'm taking silverwolf's vouch for ika at face value, and so I won't vote there. In any event, I'm not a fan of voting for someone I don't know on day one of the first game I play with them. I do think ika's behaviour is objectively suspicious. So I have an eye there longer term. But it could be a sig-like situation, where someone takes some getting used to, to understand their style and recognise it for what it is.]
Golden wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:With regards to the new player thing, ika, it is frustrating. I have played a handful of mafia games here and at piano, it's tough to get integrated into a community that's had each other for a while. The Pikmin mafia I played most recently was the first game on this site where I wasn't lynched or nightkilled in the first voting period. Hence the very low post count for someone who has been here since 2013. And even so, this game is the first real mafia game I've gotten any sort of a platform whatsoever.

I get that frustration entirely. I was maddeningly frustrated for someone who just wanted to play a mafia game somewhere. But I think if you stick with the community it'll become more enticing.
I agree.

Poor scotty and sig, I felt sorry for those two and it was often me sticking up for them in their early games, but they died early often. Now zebra is experiencing it. But I promise you this is a community of people that are more than just a community... here we are friends that really like each other. Even if you go down and you are town, stick with us... you'll see that people will come to love and understand your style and 'thats ika' will be the new 'thats marmot'.
What happened to this Golden? Know your saying you plan to come after me? I also pulled these up since I really dislike he used this as an example three times if Ika flips mafia then Golden is defiantly his teammate.
This might be the scummiest post in the thread. You're saying Golden's not allowed to suspect you AND hiding behind the defense that you get lynched all the time?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
You don't seem indifferent.
well im more confident in fuzz then esp so maybe thats it

*shrugs*

im wiating at this point[/quote]
I feel you.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

a2thezebra wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Silver where did I say I wouldn't vote for ika?

With that constraint I'm not sure Sloonei. I suppose the players I would like to see last-minute bandwagoned are all easy targets.

Luffy you also asked me for reads. Context is important.
The whole game is on the line from your perspective and you can't name a single other suspect?
If he was a baddie, don't you think he would pretend like he suspected more people in this situation?
Maybe. I've never played with Fuzz before, and this sort of thing could easily have crossed his mind.
I'm not even talking about Fuzz's meta, that just doesn't seem like the smart thing for mafia to do in general when they're about to be lynched.

Perhaps WIFOM, but I doubt it.
Perhaps indeed. I don't know, I can't answer it. It gave me pause, for sure.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 2

The two families were in a chaotic frenzy. No one seemed to stand out as a top suspect for a cop hiding in their midst. Finally it seems all arguments had been laid out, all disputes had been made, all cases had been put forth and still no solid agreement. Reluctantly the family members went their way to carry out their individual business, but each passed along their final decision on who to eliminate to their respective crime boss.

As the day drew to a close, Daisy and MP met up on a street corner to discuss who held the most votes now. "So it's decided?" Daisy asked him, just to ensure they were on the same page before they took any action.

He nodded, "RadicalFuzz has got to go."

"How do you want to do this?"

"The mob didn't finish him off last time, maybe we should do it ourselves this time around..."

She nodded her agreement and the pair set off on foot towards RadicalFuzz's home. Once there, Daisy jimmied the lock and they slipped inside. It was dark inside and they moved silently throughout the house, searching unsuccessfully for RadicalFuzz. MP shook his head, "Someone must've tipped him off."

"You think he turned himself in?"

"Most likely."

At the precinct, RadicalFuzz walked in nervously and looked around. He never expected to be here turning himself into the cops, but it is the only way he could avoid being taken out by the two families.

RadicalFuzz has been arrested. He was Surveillance Specialist, a member of The Police.

It is now Night 2.

You have 23 hours to send in your night actions.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

YES!!!!!

Brilliant.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: [NIGHT 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by S~V~S »

AWESOME!
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Guys, what does WIFOM mean? And the same for EBWOP (I think that's what it was)

These acronyms giez...
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Golden wrote:Wish I'd tried to get votes from one of those loan sharks, now.
I completely forgot about those. I wonder if they're going to make an appearance.
... oh jeez. I forgot too. I guess we have no idea what the poll really looks like.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sig, Enrique... you guys are going down. I swear you are both Fuzz teamies.

Ika, silverwolf... *hug* please hang around.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

SVS - thank you. You might get my MVP vote, if there is one, for that alone.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Add Quin to the list of suspects.

If there is a member of the police on the Fuzz lynch, its DDL.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I just searched his posts for "ika" lol. Really.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Day 2

The two families were in a chaotic frenzy. No one seemed to stand out as a top suspect for a cop hiding in their midst. Finally it seems all arguments had been laid out, all disputes had been made, all cases had been put forth and still no solid agreement. Reluctantly the family members went their way to carry out their individual business, but each passed along their final decision on who to eliminate to their respective crime boss.

As the day drew to a close, Daisy and MP met up on a street corner to discuss who held the most votes now. "So it's decided?" Daisy asked him, just to ensure they were on the same page before they took any action.

He nodded, "RadicalFuzz has got to go."

"How do you want to do this?"

"The mob didn't finish him off last time, maybe we should do it ourselves this time around..."

She nodded her agreement and the pair set off on foot towards RadicalFuzz's home. Once there, Daisy jimmied the lock and they slipped inside. It was dark inside and they moved silently throughout the house, searching unsuccessfully for RadicalFuzz. MP shook his head, "Someone must've tipped him off."

"You think he turned himself in?"

"Most likely."

At the precinct, RadicalFuzz walked in nervously and looked around. He never expected to be here turning himself into the cops, but it is the only way he could avoid being taken out by the two families.

RadicalFuzz has been arrested. He was Surveillance Specialist, a member of The Police.

It is now Night 2.

You have 23 hours to send in your night actions.
:haha:
Outstanding, everyone. That was just beautiful on every level. High fives all around.

still apologies to fuzz though. that was a tidal wave of WTF
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:Guys, what does WIFOM mean? And the same for EBWOP (I think that's what it was)

These acronyms giez...
wine in front of me = "I'm not bad, because I wouldn't do this if I was bad"

ebwop = edit by way of post.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:Add Quin to the list of suspects.

If there is a member of the police on the Fuzz lynch, its DDL.
Why do you think so?
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Yay! Awesome lynch! Go Team Sockface! :yay:
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

Yay!!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And that is why last minute lynch trains are NOT bad. They make the baddies scramble hard, and man do I think they stuffed up.

@quin - I'll have to get my ecstatic emotions in check and be more rational before I can give specifics. The best answer I can give right now is 'behaviour in wake of the shift to a Fuzz lynch'
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Host Announcement:

The Loan Shark for The Sockfaced Famiglia is now accepting offers for Day 3 votes.

The Loan Shark for The Daisy Crime Syndicate is now accepting offers for Day 3 votes.

Instructions:
1) PM Sockface Loan Shark or Daisy Loan Shark and request the number of votes (either 1, 2, or 3) you would like to request. You may request votes starting now up until the end of Day 3.
2) The Loan Shark will then return your PM telling you only if he has confirmed your request. If he has denied your request, you will hear nothing.
3) If he has confirmed your request, you will receive the number of extra votes to be cast in secret only for Day 3. If you do not elect to use them during Day 3 by PMing your host, your extra votes will vanish.
4) Regardless of whether you used your votes, after Day 3's completion, the Loan Shark will then tell you the terms for payment, which you must complete.

Do NOT engage in BTSC to the Loan Shark sockpuppet accounts. The Loan Shark means business only. He doesn't want to hear about your bullsuit.

If you have questions, let your host know.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I'm not even catching up with this thread until this crazy speed stops lol.

Good job civs. Holy fuck.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:Guys, what does WIFOM mean? And the same for EBWOP (I think that's what it was)

These acronyms giez...
WIFOM = Wine In Front Of Me, a reference to this scene and the endless pit of logic on top of other logic.

EBWOP = Edit By Way of Post, as in "oops I made a mistake in that last post, but i can't edit it, so..."
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I'm not even catching up with this thread until this crazy speed stops lol.

Why are you addressing the civs in the third person?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:And that is why last minute lynch trains are NOT bad. They make the baddies scramble hard, and man do I think they stuffed up.

@quin - I'll have to get my ecstatic emotions in check and be more rational before I can give specifics. The best answer I can give right now is 'behaviour in wake of the shift to a Fuzz lynch'
My refusal to vote for Fuzz was well justified. I did not see any organised reasoning for the bandwagon and it looked fishy as hell. I even made a point of the lack of justification, which nobody decided to respond to.
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

:faint:
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

oops lol, guess I was wrong. However, I'm not mafia I believed the Wagon on lynch developed to quickly to be real.
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Sloonei wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I'm not even catching up with this thread until this crazy speed stops lol.

Why are you addressing the civs in the third person?
I like to say "good job town" (or civs in this case) when a lynch is succesful.

Do I need to show links?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:
Golden wrote:And that is why last minute lynch trains are NOT bad. They make the baddies scramble hard, and man do I think they stuffed up.

My refusal to vote for Fuzz was well justified. I did not see any organised reasoning for the bandwagon and it looked fishy as hell. I even made a point of the lack of justification, which nobody decided to respond to.
It might have been well justified, but that doesn't necessarily make you town-aligned.

@sig - I don't believe you.

Return to “Previous Jobs”