Post by sig »

Okay then never mind.
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 8

Re: [NIGHT 7] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Elohcin »

Listen y'all. I see I am in the red on many of your lists. I'm not very good at keeping up in big games. In fact, if you are not already aware, I vowed not to play them anymore. However, as a favor to MP, because he is an awesome guy, I am here. I am here to give be another vote for the civs. So, please, tell me who I can vote for and I will. I am not a bad guy. I'm here to help.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Sloonei wrote:I don't think we should be content to assume that Turnip Head was not lynched for the obvious reason. There could be a number of possible explanations for yesterday's lack of results.
Like what?
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Black Rock »

Elohcin wrote:Listen y'all. I see I am in the red on many of your lists. I'm not very good at keeping up in big games. In fact, if you are not already aware, I vowed not to play them anymore. However, as a favor to MP, because he is an awesome guy, I am here. I am here to give be another vote for the civs. So, please, tell me who I can vote for and I will. I am not a bad guy. I'm here to help.
I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, it's not easy being you in this game right now. It'll take some time to get your footing.
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Elohcin »

Black Rock wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Listen y'all. I see I am in the red on many of your lists. I'm not very good at keeping up in big games. In fact, if you are not already aware, I vowed not to play them anymore. However, as a favor to MP, because he is an awesome guy, I am here. I am here to give be another vote for the civs. So, please, tell me who I can vote for and I will. I am not a bad guy. I'm here to help.
I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, it's not easy being you in this game right now. It'll take some time to get your footing.
Thank you.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I don't think we should be content to assume that Turnip Head was not lynched for the obvious reason. There could be a number of possible explanations for yesterday's lack of results.
Like what?
My first thought was that perhaps he's the warden and the warden can't be arrested. That role description is extremely vague and could entail just about anything. If not that, perhaps there is some other behind the scenes mechanic that can stop a lynch from happening. I'm not sure I believe either of these possibilities are what prevented the lynch, but I'm not ruling things out.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

Im sorry for my low participation but I just dont really know what I should talk about at this point. One of my main scum reads(Boomslang) is most likely getting lynched and Im fine with that. But if anyone has questions to me or anything I will be happy to answer obviously.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Like what?
My first thought was that perhaps he's the warden and the warden can't be arrested. That role description is extremely vague and could entail just about anything. If not that, perhaps there is some other behind the scenes mechanic that can stop a lynch from happening. I'm not sure I believe either of these possibilities are what prevented the lynch, but I'm not ruling things out.
I would like to hear more of his thoughts, etc. once he is more caught up. Looking at his vote history, it did not make me feel wonderful to have him push suspicion at BR. I would like to hear his opinions on the other people we have been suspecting.

I have always been an Occams razor fan, but I hope to see him join the core group before I just carte blanche him based on not being lynched. It would be neither an MP nor a Daisy game if everything was what it seemed.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Ricochet »

Hey everyone.

Did you happen to see lt. Sock lately? I haven't heard from him in two days. Gee, I hope that won't affect my parole conditions. It's not my fault if he's off to Malibu on weekends or something. Meanwhile I spent the past days tidying up my new apartment. The previous owners just took all their belongings and left the place empty and, frankly, quite dirty. I bought this Mr. Proper floor polish that's supposed to smell like purple lime, but you know what... it actually smells like crap. Purple lime, what the hell is this even supposed to be?! Anyway, I mopped every room in the apartment twice, for it to get extra shiny. In between the two stages, I sat on the balcony and read Moby Dick or played Ultimate Tennis on my tablet. Certainly makes time fly easier.

I haven't seen again the girl from back then, when I checked my mailbox for new letters. That makes me sad.

Just like I haven't met with lt. Sock since, either.

...Hey! Do you think maybe the two of them hooked up and went to Malibu this weekend? Boo! I sure hope not.

I got two new letters in my mailbox yesterday, though. How exciting!

Thinking of buying a turntable and start a vinyl collection. I checked this Audio-Technica LP120 on the internet today and it looked bitchin'. Alas, no money. I also started following Donald Trump's Twitter account today. His tweets are so stereotypical, though. Bad!

Also, grapes. I like them.

Bye.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Like what?
I think you're reading too much into it. It couldn't be the former, because if town loses the ability to kill, that would give the warden complete immunity and break the game. I think it was vague owing to to all of the parole stuff that went on. It could be the second, but there's nothing tangible to make any assumptions with. I think it's just what it is. :shrug:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You saying that makes me more likely to think Sloonei may have a point.

We have had games with unlynchable baddies. It didn't break the game.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ebwop, I so don't trust you.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote:You saying that makes me more likely to think Sloonei may have a point.

And how did town win in said game with unlynchable baddies, hmm?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote:ebwop, I so don't trust you.
Yes, I think everybody knew that.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:You saying that makes me more likely to think Sloonei may have a point.

They got NKed.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And I say "they"cause I have seen unlynchable bads in more than one game. I have primarily seen "can't be lynched until the other team members are dead" but it is not the only option.

Now Iam NOT saying I think TH is one of these; I want to hear from him.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And people i don't trust discounting speculation on this topic makes me want to trust him less not more.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

S~V~S wrote:
Quin wrote:

They got NKed.
That was Quin's point though. If town loses its capacity for night killing, then eliminating the unlynchable baddie would become impossible. It might make more sense (barely, it sounds like a really bad practice for balance) in a game with multiple baddie teams, but this is no such thing.

I think it's inherently stubborn to have a clear explanation for what happened available and just doubt that it offers the correct answer because of prior suspicions. I think we were just wrong and that's that. Y'all can obviously speculate as you please on alternative possibilities, but if there's some kind of secret mechanism to prevent a baddie from getting lynched, then that would upset the entire balance of this game and almost render it bastardized.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think it is likely, but I want to hear from TH first.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote:
Quin wrote:

They got NKed.
Okay, and as we return to my point about players being able to NK potentially all being arrested, we come to the flaw in your claim.
S~V~S wrote:And people i don't trust discounting speculation on this topic makes me want to trust him less not more.
Soo... what? You want to me just stop giving my input? Wait for everyone to mislynch me? Sounds reasonable. I mean, you're the experienced one here.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@Quin, if you could stop with the snark it might help. Apparently you don;t like me,and that is OK. but can you tone it back? It isn;t helping me read.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 7

thellama73 has been arrested by the Police. He was ?????.

indiglo has been arrested by the Police. She was ?????.

It is now Day 8.

You have 48 hours to find a policeman. Good luck, goons!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: [DAY 8] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by S~V~S »

Oh crap, not Indi :(

I had mixed feelings re Llama. Since we don't know how the prisoner mechanic works (like if the Warden arrests a cop, what is the implication?) Iamnot going toassume he was a civ, since I think that people who were not civ have been arrested in the past.

I hope to hear some sensible things from TH today :)
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Hosts:

If you're able/willing to answer: when the police chief's double-arrest ability takes effect, does he/she have free choice over who the second player arrested is?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote:@Quin, if you could stop with the snark it might help. Apparently you don;t like me,and that is OK. but can you tone it back? It isn;t helping me read.
I never said I didn't like you. Frankly, I do not like the way you are playing this game, but that doesn't say anything about you as a person.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Hosts:

If you're able/willing to answer: when the police chief's double-arrest ability takes effect, does he/she have free choice over who the second player arrested is?
Yes.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:@Quin, if you could stop with the snark it might help. Apparently you don;t like me,and that is OK. but can you tone it back? It isn;t helping me read.
I never said I didn't like you. Frankly, I do not like the way you are playing this game, but that doesn't say anything about you as a person.
I am playing it as a 100% civ. Sorry that is an issue for you.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Assuming llama was specifically chosen for the kill by the chief, my immediate inclination is to assume it was intended to frame Quin, who has enough enemies remaining in the thread that him just killing a threat isn't a strategically viable solution as a baddie. indiglo being killed was likely the result of her being well out of lynch territory.

If you're a highly-trusted player and you're not dead, I recommend you re-calibrate your reads. Someone is probably letting you stick around because they expect you to do something detrimental to your team.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Boomslang
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I want to vote for somebody who voted Turnip yesterday. I have absolutely no doubt that he is a don, and since there's an unknown player who avoided police arrest, there's a 50 percent chance that the police know this as well. It explains why they didn't try to arrest Turnip last night, because a confirmed don is not a good thing.

My preferences in this include chaindeath, Black Rock and Elohcin.

Of course, I'd also vote for Boomslang if that's where everyone wants to go.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

We have nearly unkillable townies in the form of the Dons, so I don't consider an unlynchable bad guy to be out of the question or game-breaking. I know there is nothing directly pointing toward this, but it's not improbable either.

Linki: I guess we have to lynch Boomslang today
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:Linki: I guess we have to lynch Boomslang today
Is that what we have to do?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Assuming llama was specifically chosen for the kill by the chief, my immediate inclination is to assume it was intended to frame Quin, who has enough enemies remaining in the thread that him just killing a threat isn't a strategically viable solution as a baddie. indiglo being killed was likely the result of her being well out of lynch territory.

If you're a highly-trusted player and you're not dead, I recommend you re-calibrate your reads. Someone is probably letting you stick around because they expect you to do something detrimental to your team.
I don't agree with your assumption. thellama73 vouched smugly for TH and without much reason. TH wasn't lynched. I'm flying with simple explanations and will not be voting for Turnip Head.

Still amazed you're still around.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
No, but he was supposed to be killed during the night but that didn't happen.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Epignosis wrote:I don't agree with your assumption. thellama73 vouched smugly for TH and without much reason. TH wasn't lynched.
True.
Epignosis wrote:I'm flying with simple explanations and will not be voting for Turnip Head.
Agreed.
Epignosis wrote:Still amazed you're still around.
Likewise. At least baddies can question my role in this game, literally to include what my night actions might be if any or even what my alignment is. Why do you think you're still here? You don't often see Day 8.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
I think the daisy family is the only one that still has a hitman, so unless both the hitman and don were inactive, I think it's safe to say that the hitman is probably arrested. So, if we're relying on night kills, we've still got the crew assuming they can still complete their missions.
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
You've been safe town trusted for a long while. Why do you think you've been left alive?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm voting chaindeath as a secondary lynch option. I think it's important to have one.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
You've been safe town trusted for a long while. Why do you think you've been left alive?
:shrug:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:I'm voting chaindeath as a secondary lynch option. I think it's important to have one.
Good point. Why chaindeath?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote: :shrug:
Is your continued survival meaningful to you?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
It is.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
It is.
How?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:I'm voting chaindeath as a secondary lynch option. I think it's important to have one.
Quin thinks chaindeath has ridden coattails throughout the entire game. A quick ISO of chaindeath allowed Quin to realise that he has not provided a single piece of evidence to justify scum or civ reads for any player, yet he has given reads on almost everybody at this point. Nerolunar is the exception, and his is only a very weak case that he keeps coming back to, but does not build upon. Quin feels as though chaindeaths posts are activity for activities sake. He has provided a few hypotheticals which are so outrageous that Quin is struggling to see any legitimate thought in them. Quin ultimately feels like chaindeath is just making up his game as he goes along.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
It is.
How?
The cops aren't trying to arrest me. They're targeting other people.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:The cops aren't trying to arrest me. They're targeting other people.
I don't get the impression you're even thinking about this.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Quin thinks chaindeath has ridden coattails throughout the entire game. A quick ISO of chaindeath allowed Quin to realise that he has not provided a single piece of evidence to justify scum or civ reads for any player, yet he has given reads on almost everybody at this point. Nerolunar is the exception, and his is only a very weak case that he keeps coming back to, but does not build upon. Quin feels as though chaindeaths posts are activity for activities sake. He has provided a few hypotheticals which are so outrageous that Quin is struggling to see any legitimate thought in them. Quin ultimately feels like chaindeath is just making up his game as he goes along.
I can see all of this being the signs of a townie who's just behind on the thread and unfamiliar with the environment. Of course, you'd be in those same shoes yourself, and I don't think anyone, chaindeath included, would argue that you haven't been more active than he has. I see a lot of "unfamiliar townie" hallmarks in the case against chaindeath, my own case included.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:The cops aren't trying to arrest me. They're targeting other people.
I don't get the impression you're even thinking about this.
I am.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
I can see all of this being the signs of a townie who's just behind on the thread and unfamiliar with the environment. Of course, you'd be in those same shoes yourself, and I don't think anyone, chaindeath included, would argue that you haven't been more active than he has. I see a lot of "unfamiliar townie" hallmarks in the case against chaindeath, my own case included.
I can understand that way of thinking, but I feel better thinking about him being scum than civ.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I don't agree with your assumption. thellama73 vouched smugly for TH and without much reason. TH wasn't lynched.
True.
Epignosis wrote:I'm flying with simple explanations and will not be voting for Turnip Head.
Agreed.
Epignosis wrote:Still amazed you're still around.
Likewise. At least baddies can question my role in this game, literally to include what my night actions might be if any or even what my alignment is. Why do you think you're still here? You don't often see Day 8.
Not in speed games, no, but I last a long time in full games. In all the full games I've played, I've made it past Day 8 in well over half of them. I've only won once as a civilian in a full game- all other wins were Mafia. I'd prefer such statistics not be used against me. :p
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Previous Jobs”